PDA

View Full Version : Worst call against your team last season.

Ness
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
For me it was the "taunting" call against Shawntae Spencer last season in the Vikings game. Terrible call. Even the announcers agreed and were surprised. I remember Tim Ryan "Where's the taunt...where's the taunt?"

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Sean Payton calling an onside kick in the super bowl.

prock
07-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Pass interference, Ben Leber.

Orrrrr just that entire game in general.

Razor
07-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Pass interference called against Darius Butler against Indy (screw you Bill Polian!!!) and the spot on 4th and 2 against Indy.

descendency
07-10-2010, 05:57 AM
That Kevin Faulk bobbled the ball and didn't possess it until he was behind the line to gain by a referee who was behind him (couldn't see the ball).

RealityCheck
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
the spot on 4th and 2 against Indy.
Don't even remember that, please.

yodabear
07-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Marc Bulger

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not one to ***** about many calls...I couldnt even tell you, really. There can be big ones that I'm just not remembering, but it's not something I let eat at me, unless it cost us a playoff game or what not.

Ravens1991
07-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I tihnk it was the illegal contact on Frank Walker in the 4th quater against PITT. The WR ran into him and Walker put his hands up to not touch him, the WR still ran into Walkers chest and it was a illegal contact. It sucks because Zbikowski had a INT that play and got the ball 10 yards out of FG range yet the brought that INT back and cost us the game.

yo123
07-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Tripping call on Jeff Dugan on what would have been the GW drive against the Steelers.

GhostDeini
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Ref not seeing the ball come outta Darren Sharper's hands as he entered the end zone. Someone here has posted the S.I. pic of it.

GhostDeini
07-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh, here it is...
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/files/2009/10/finssaints1_medium111.jpg

Xiomera
07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Worst call was the Armando Galarraga-Jim Joyce call.

vikes_28
07-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Pass interference, Ben Leber.

Orrrrr just that entire game in general.

Pretty much this.

Joe M Charlie
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
For the Bucs, last year when we played the Dolphins. There was this call right before halftime that had Freeman throwing an INT when it clearly was not (I did not watch the game. I am pretty sure that is what it was) and it gave the dolphins a chance to score a TD before HT. If that badcall does not happen then we win that game (which we should of).

PoopSandwich
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd be ashamed if I remembered a bad call against us last year with how ****** we played... If anything it would be the pass interference in the end zone away from the ball against the Lions that ended up costing us the game, but who gives a ****.

BaLLiN
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
for the giants, there were a bunch of iffy things that we can live with but most disappointing (although im not sure if its a bad call) fred robbins's lateral to Osi in the beginning of the season which would've been a TD and Kenny Phillips's interception off of Jason Witten's foot which was challenged and won but he would've had a pick 6 instead of us getting a field goal (i think only a field goal)

Don Vito
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
For the Pats it has to be the Indy pass interference call or the Faulk spot in the same game

LizardState
07-10-2010, 02:29 PM
For me it was the "taunting" call against Shawntae Spencer last season in the Vikings game. Terrible call. Even the announcers agreed and were surprised. I remember Tim Ryan "Where's the taunt...where's the taunt?"

Yeah I remember that, it was totally bogus. Home teams almost always get the flagrantly bogus calls on non-FB related player behavior calls like taunting.

Not my team, but I still think the Ed Hochuli eff up call that went the Steelers' way 2 yrs. ago & against teh Bolts I think, it should've have placed Hochuli among the ranks of the unemployed. It was right up there with the last Steelers SB win, & the Warner INT that was run back 97 or so yds for a Steelers winning TD, I stopped counting after 5 infraction no-calls on that one play, some players even ran around the 2 teams' benches to get back into the play, how shameful was that? And this was the most watched game of the whole NFL season, big embarrassment for the NFL.

The Hochuli call was = to the Tuck Rule called in the NE snowstorm against the Raiders. Remember that Tuck Rule? Raiders fans do, they got raped.

JFLO
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Yea, I agree with Vikes and prock about the Ben Leber call and it's not even close.

Razor
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM
The Hochuli call was = to the Tuck Rule called in the NE snowstorm against the Raiders. Remember that Tuck Rule? Raiders fans do, they got raped.
Well cry me a river, would you? The Tuck is in fact a real rule, and therefore it was the correct call. The fact that nobody (including coaches and players) knew about the rule doesn't make it a bad call.

Halsey
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't remember.

phlysac
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
The missed Pass Interference call in the Seahawks game that kept Delanie Walker from a Touchdown reception.

7DnBrnc53
07-10-2010, 10:46 PM
The play in Week 16 where Jeremy Maclin was called in bounds after a review late in the fourth quarter. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the out of bounds call. I thought it had to be. That led to a FG, and an Eagle win(of course, letting McNabb scramble for a first down on 3rd and 25 didn't help, either).