PDA

View Full Version : Allen Bailey & Leonard Hankerson comparisons?

katnip
07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I can't think of any for Bailey. But any1 like Hankerson/Braylon Edwards???

TACKLE
07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Bailey is hard to compare to just one player because he has such a unique skill set. I'd say he's a mix of Justin Tuck and Luis Castillo. As for Hank, I'm not a big fan of the Braylon comparison. Braylon was bigger and was all around more talented than Hankerson. He reminds me a lot more of Brian Robiskie when he came out.

Sniper
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
But any1 like Hankerson/Braylon Edwards???

No, and if you ever make that comparison again, I will reach through my laptop screen and choke you out.

bored of education
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
name any prospect inferior to Cam Heyward and you have a comparison fro Allen Bailey :)

Hurricanes25
07-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I can't think of any for Bailey. But any1 like Hankerson/Braylon Edwards???

The only thing similar between Leonard Hankerson and Braylon Edwards are inconsistent hands and their height/weight.

fenikz
07-11-2010, 08:50 PM
name any prospect inferior to Cam Heyward and you have a comparison fro Allen Bailey :)

I can't seem to think of an inferior prospect

Don Vito
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Allen Bailey reminds me of Richard Seymour just due to the freakish talent and the country strength they both possess. Seymour is taller but they both have ridiculous natural talent that could translate to a lot of spots along the DL in either 3 or 4 fronts.

TACKLE
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM

name any WR prospect superior to Terrelle Pryor and you have a comparison for Leonard Hankerson.

bigbluedefense
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
I love me some Allen Bailey, but he's just so raw. And with him constantly shuffling between positions, I question whether he's capable of truly mastering a singular position.

He gets by on pure athleticism in college, but he really needs to work on his technique or else he'll be nothing but a workout warrior.

I personally think his best fit at the moment is 3-4 End.

K Train
07-13-2010, 08:09 AM
tyson jackson is an obvious comparison for bailey. pure 34 LDE imo

yourfavestoner
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Allen Bailey=Darnell Dockett?

Dockett was raw coming out of FSU, too, and took a few years to come into his own. Now he's one of the best and most versatile defensive lineman in the NFL.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Allen Bailey=Darnell Dockett?

Dockett was raw coming out of FSU, too, and took a few years to come into his own. Now he's one of the best and most versatile defensive lineman in the NFL.

Bailey is kind of stiff, Dockett isn't.

I don't know what to make of Allen Bailey anymore. Right now I have him graded as a 3rd round prospect. His measurables are insane, but that's about it.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Bailey is kind of stiff, Dockett isn't.

I don't know what to make of Allen Bailey anymore. Right now I have him graded as a 3rd round prospect. His measurables are insane, but that's about it.

I haven't really seen that much of him (or any college football in general the past couple years). It's one of the reasons I'm kind of happy I'm not coaching next year - I'll have my Saturdays back watching college football instead of breaking down tape of HS teams in a dark film room while hung over haha.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Actually na, Bailey isn't stiff.

His play recognition skills are terrible though as is his technique. He can be a 3-4 End, if he puts it all together he could be a 4-3 End too, but I don't think he'll pull that off.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Actually na, Bailey isn't stiff.

His play recognition skills are terrible though as is his technique. He can be a 3-4 End, if he puts it all together he could be a 4-3 End too, but I don't think he'll pull that off.

Put him at UT in a 4-3 then, make him responsible for one gap, and let him wreak havoc. If you're athletic enough, it's probably the easiest DL position to play in football.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I haven't really seen that much of him (or any college football in general the past couple years). It's one of the reasons I'm kind of happy I'm not coaching next year - I'll have my Saturdays back watching college football instead of breaking down tape of HS teams in a dark film room while hung over haha.

I've seen a couple of games. I actually liked him inside more than I did outside. Outside, he constantly loses contain, and he has 1 standard rush. He never sets the edge.

He's built like a ginormous linebacker, it's ridiculous how sick his frame is. His speed is impressive for his frame as well.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I've seen a couple of games. I actually liked him inside more than I did outside. Outside, he constantly loses contain, and he has 1 standard rush. He never sets the edge.

He's built like a ginormous linebacker, it's ridiculous how sick his frame is. His speed is impressive for his frame as well.

Think alike, we do.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Put him at UT in a 4-3 then, make him responsible for one gap, and let him wreak havoc. If you're athletic enough, it's probably the easiest DL position to play in football.

They tried that last year. He was supposed to be a DT for them, but for some reason, they moved him back to DE. He played occasionally at UT.

I don't know why they made the change back to DE.

Think alike, we do.

yezzirp.

K Train
07-13-2010, 11:25 AM
He's built like a ginormous linebacker,

thats pretty accurate

TACKLE
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM

He actually came to UM as a LB and played there as a freshman despite being around 270. He's only been playing D-Line for two seasons so you'd expect him to be raw. If he can develop a couple of go to pass rush moves he can take his game to the next level. He doesn't have a perfect fit in one particular system. The best situation for him is a D-Coordinator (Spags, Rex, Belichick, Capers, etc.) who is very creative and innovative and can use his talents all across the line.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
He actually came to UM as a LB and played there as a freshman despite being around 270. He's only been playing D-Line for two seasons so you'd expect him to be raw. If he can develop a couple of go to pass rush moves he can take his game to the next level. He doesn't have a perfect fit in one particular system. The best situation for him is a D-Coordinator (Spags, Rex, Belichick, Capers, etc.) who is very creative and innovative and can use his talents all across the line.

Yeah I heard about that. I still think he should be a little more refined than he is. I think moving him around so much is what's doing damage to his development.

I think he realistically has 2 options. In a 4-3, I can see him being used as a LE on run downs, and kick inside to UT on obvious passing downs. Or in a 3-4, you can line him up at RE in your base, and UT in your nickel 4 man fronts, or have him as a roaming blitzer.

He's already 290 supposedly, he looks more like 280 to me though. If he truly is 290, I'd just stick him at UT and let him freak his way to the qb. If he's 280, then I'd use him him the ways I described above.

draftguru151
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Bailey is a lot more comfortable at DE and the depth at DT was better so he stayed outside permanently where he'll play this year. For the not containing outside or setting the edge, it's part of UMs scheme where the DLs job is basically shut down inside running and the LBs focus on the outside. They do it on passing downs as well which is why running QBs have so much success on the ground against UM.

As for being raw, Bailey had a terrible DL coach up until this spring. Bailey had 7 sacks last year which led the team, so it's not like he's just an insane athlete, he's an insane athlete that plays with incredible strength and leverage. This year with Coach Petri (former UM DL coach when Sapp and such were here) his pass rushing moves should get a ton better and he should have a huge year. 3rd round is a bit ridiculous, he's 6-4 290 and consistently runs a 4.6 with close to a 40 inch vert and had a pretty solid junior year.

bigbluedefense
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Bailey is a lot more comfortable at DE and the depth at DT was better so he stayed outside permanently where he'll play this year. For the not containing outside or setting the edge, it's part of UMs scheme where the DLs job is basically shut down inside running and the LBs focus on the outside. They do it on passing downs as well which is why running QBs have so much success on the ground against UM.

As for being raw, Bailey had a terrible DL coach up until this spring. Bailey had 7 sacks last year which led the team, so it's not like he's just an insane athlete, he's an insane athlete that plays with incredible strength and leverage. This year with Coach Petri (former UM DL coach when Sapp and such were here) his pass rushing moves should get a ton better and he should have a huge year. 3rd round is a bit ridiculous, he's 6-4 290 and consistently runs a 4.6 with close to a 40 inch vert and had a pretty solid junior year.

Oh trust me, I know he'll be taken way before the 3rd round. I just feel based on his tape from this year, he should be graded as a 3rd round guy if you take the tape for what it's worth.

But he'll go way higher than that just based on potential alone. Having that said, I've been a big fan and I'm looking forward to his development this year.

VUBlacknGold
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM

DG with the knowledge. I really hope he does well, one of my favorite players, thats for sure.

Duffman57
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Does anyone else see alot of Louis Murphy in Hankerson? They seem very similar.

Hurricanes25
07-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Does anyone else see alot of Louis Murphy in Hankerson? They seem very similar.

Ah, not really. Hankerson is a bit bigger and he's definately not as fast as Murphy.

Duffman57
07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Ah, not really. Hankerson is a bit bigger and he's definately not as fast as Murphy.

Yah i guess thats true. I've seen very limited amounts of Hankerson, and not a great amount of Murphy. Then i really have no clue with who he compares to.

Brent
07-18-2010, 09:53 PM
rather than read a bunch of U of Miami homer crap, Bailey is a legit fit at 3-4 DE, right?

Hurricanes25
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
rather than read a bunch of U of Miami homer crap, Bailey is a legit fit at 3-4 DE, right?

Yes...........................