PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk, Virginia, get ready for some football

RealityCheck
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM
http://uflaccess.com/2011-united-football-league-expansion/yes-virginia-there-will-be-ufl-football-in-2011/

Good luck trying to steal the Skins' fanbase.
Its GM? Doug Williams.

tjsunstein
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Michael Vick was the first name that came to mind.
Home in Virginia.
Went to VT.
Starting job.
Headlines.

zachsaints52
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Home in Virginia.
Can't leave VA
Went to VT.
Starting job.
Headlines.

Threw in another statement.

RealityCheck
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Threw in another statement.
PROFIT!!!!!

Philliez01
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
This has been news for a bit, ever since Doug Williams left the NFL; rumors were swirling that it was for a Norfolk or VA Beach team. Glad to see the UFL expand a bit more.

Hoping for SLC or Portland to get an expansion team; those markets would be pretty sweet for the league.

YAYareaRB
07-13-2010, 11:53 AM
This has been news for a bit, ever since Doug Williams left the NFL; rumors were swirling that it was for a Norfolk or VA Beach team. Glad to see the UFL expand a bit more.

Hoping for SLC or Portland to get an expansion team; those markets would be pretty sweet for the league.

**** yeah.. SLC. the team would be in a great area as well. Theres so much players from BYU, Utah, Utah State, SUU, and Weber that don't make it to the league that could contribute to a good UFL team.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
My city was supposed to get a UFL team.

But we have yet to hear from the UFL. I bet it's just because we're Mexicans.

:(

Philliez01
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
**** yeah.. SLC. the team would be in a great area as well. Theres so much players from BYU, Utah, Utah State, SUU, and Weber that don't make it to the league that could contribute to a good UFL team.

Yup, even someone like John Beck could draw fans and would be decent for his career as well. Omaha is doing a heckuva job marketing from what I heard and getting Ahman Green is a +. The Tuskers picked up Grothe though that's not going to be as big of a draw with him riding the pine and that being UCF territory.

YAYareaRB
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Yup, even someone like John Beck could draw fans and would be decent for his career as well. Omaha is doing a heckuva job marketing from what I heard and getting Ahman Green is a +. The Tuskers picked up Grothe though that's not going to be as big of a draw with him riding the pine and that being UCF territory.

I dunno if you ever been to Utah before but every time a new BYU QB comes a long, they're always measured up to John Beck. As terrible as that is, he was THE MAN at the Y.

RealityCheck
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Omaha is doing a heckuva job marketing from what I heard and getting Ahman Green is a +.
Actually, from what I've heard, Omaha is all over on the Nighthawks' nuts.

Philliez01
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Actually, from what I've heard, Omaha is all over on the Nighthawks' nuts.

Hmmm, what I've read on UFLAccess, they are selling merchandise throughout the local area and selling pretty well. Last year, the whole gripe about the UFL was how it didn't do any promotion on a local or national level. Hopefully Omaha is a nice market for the team.

RealityCheck
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
And that happens to be my source as well.

brat316
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
,ore and more cites getting ufl

JRTPlaya21
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice. May need to check out a game or two.

dannyz
07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
There are add's on the TV here for the NighHawks.

diabsoule
07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Home in Virginia.
Went to VT.
Starting job.
Headlines.

Aaron Brooks is from the Norfolk area. He can be Vick's backup. Championship.

McBain
07-14-2010, 03:08 AM
I dunno if you ever been to Utah before but every time a new BYU QB comes a long, they're always measured up to John Beck. As terrible as that is, he was THE MAN at the Y.

He was nothing compared to Doman. In terms of BYU fan worship.

Brent
07-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Wait. There has been one starter since Beck: Max Hall.

So, basically, they just fawn over the most recent senior starter?

zachsaints52
07-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Aaron Brooks is from the Norfolk area. He can be Vick's backup. Championship.

This is a definite win.

YAYareaRB
07-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Wait. There has been one starter since Beck: Max Hall.

So, basically, they just fawn over the most recent senior starter?

Not only starters. New recruits.. transfers. I swear if I had a dollar for everytime I heard "He's no John Beck" I would have been in Hawaii already paid round trip and everything.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Hah I don't know if people down in Norfolk are even skins fans.

RealityCheck
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Hah I don't know if people down in Norfolk are even skins fans.
I'm pretty sure most of them are.