PDA

View Full Version : 32 Grades in 32 Days: Philadelphia Eagles

D-Unit
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
*This is an interactive activity that will allow us to get a forum wide's opinion on each team's draft. Please feel free to comment on your decision.

PRE-DRAFT NEEDS (according to Scott): #1 - DB| #2 - DT | #3 - OL

DRAFT PICKS:

Round 1, Pick 13 (13) (From 49ers through Broncos) Brandon Graham DE 6'1" 268 Michigan

Round 2, Pick 5 (37) (From Redskins) Nathaniel Allen FS 6'0" 207 South Florida

Round 3, Pick 22 (86) (From Packers) Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE 6'3" 263 Washington

Round 4, Pick 7 (105) (From Browns) Trevard Lindley CB 5'11" 183 Kentucky

Round 4, Pick 23 (121) Keenan Clayton LB 6'1" 229 Oklahoma

Round 4, Pick 24 (122) (From Packers) Mike Kafka QB 6'3" 225 Northwestern

Round 4, Pick 27 (125) (From Cowboys) Clay Harbor TE 6'3" 252 Missouri State

Round 5, Pick 3 (134) (From Buccaneers through Browns) Ricky Sapp DE 6'4" 252 Clemson

Round 5, Pick 28 (159) (From Chargers) Riley Cooper WR 6'3" 222 Florida

Round 6, Pick 31 (200) (From Colts) Charles Scott RB 5'11" 238 LSU

Round 7, Pick 13 (220) (From Broncos through Lions) Jamar Chaney LB 6'1" 242 Mississippi State

Round 7, Pick 36 (243) (Compensatory selection) Jeff Owens DT 6'1" 304 Georgia

Round 7, Pick 37 (244) (Compensatory selection) Kurt Coleman SS 5'10" 192 Ohio State

TRADES:

Eagles receive:
Seventh-round pick (No. 220):
Jamar Chaney

Lions receive:
2011 sixth-round pick

Chargers receive:
Fifth-round pick (No. 146):
Cam Thomas

Eagles receive:
Fifth-round pick (No. 159):
Riley Cooper
2011 fifth-round pick

Eagles receive:
Third-round pick (No. 86):
Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
Fourth-round pick (No. 122):
Mike Kafka

Packers receive:
Third-round pick (No. 71):
Morgan Burnett

Browns receive:
Second-round pick (No. 59):
Montario Hardesty

Eagles receive:
Third-round pick (No. 71):
Traded to Packers
Fifth-round pick (No. 134):
Ricky Sapp
Fifth-round pick (No. 146):
Traded to Chargers

Cowboys receive:
Second-round pick (No. 55):
Sean Lee

Eagles receive:
Second-round pick (No. 59):
Traded to Browns
Fourth-round pick (No. 125):
Clay Harbor

Broncos receive:
First-round pick (No. 24):
Traded to Patriots
Third-round pick (No. 70):
Traded to Ravens
Third-round pick (No. 87):
Eric Decker

Eagles receive:
First-round pick (No. 13):
Brandon Graham

Broncos receive:
Fifth-round pick (No. 137):
Perrish Cox

Lions receive:
Tight end Tony Scheffler
Seventh-round pick (No. 220):
Traded to Eagles

Eagles receive:
Linebacker Ernie Sims

Eagles receive:
Second-round pick (No. 37):
Nate Allen
2011 third- or fourth-round pick

Redskins receive:
Quarterback Donovan McNabb

Browns receive:
Cornerback Sheldon Brown
Linebacker Chris Gocong

Eagles receive:
Linebacker Alex Hall
Fourth-round pick (No. 105):
Trevard Lindley
Fifth-round pick (No. 137):
Traded to Broncos

Sniper
07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Round 1, Pick 13 (13) (From 49ers through Broncos) Brandon Graham DE 6'1" 268 Michigan

A+. Thanks for coming.

bigbluedefense
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Getting Graham alone makes me score their draft high, bc I'm a huge Brandon Graham fan. He was my favorite DE in the draft.

I like the Nate Allen pick. I don't think he'll ever be a stud, but he'll always be a solid solid FS who is a notch below PB caliber. I like the gamble on Lindley, he was worth the risk.

I like Kafka as a sleeper.

Not particularly thrilled with the rest of it. They had a ton of picks, so some of those late rounders should bloom, but I'm iffy on a lot of em. Surprised they passed on some olinemen. Their CB situation isn't too great either, they passed on an opportunity to land some quality CBs in this draft.

I know they got Ernie Simms cheap, but I'm not a Simms fan either.

I'm gonna give them a B. I think they hit pretty big on their 1st pick, and were solid throughout the rest of the draft. But I don't know if a lot of these guys will pan out or not.

Love Graham though. Those bastards.

I look back at some of their moves, like giving away Sheldon Brown, and Weatherspoon, and I wonder if they'll kick themselves for those moves in the future. Was losing Sheldon this year really worth a 5th? Is Simms really worth more than Spoon? I don't think so. I disagree with those 2 moves.

brat316
07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
ahaahhh we are still doing this?

I feet as though it has been more than 32 days

RaiderNation
07-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Very solid draft here. Chaney in the 7th surprised me alot. Overall I give it a B

nepg
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I gave it an A because I think the first 4 picks are complete money. Everything after was just very sweet icing.

FlyingElvis
07-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Love it, start to finish. I think Harbor, Sapp & Chaney will be late(ish) round gems.

Rosebud
07-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Some great picks, with some trade backs and gambles that I don't think will pay off. I gave it an A because I see 6 guys who'll contribute to the team in some capacity. But I do feel like their were some picks that could've helped more which is why that A would be an A- as this was one of those very good but not epically ******* great true A's.

onejayhawk
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I am less thrilled with Graham than many. That being said, I would love to have him. I just do not expect a Pro Bowl future, which is what you want from a top 20 pick. Allen was a reach in round 2, but not a bad one. That pretty much defines the draft. No one player is a mistake, but no one player looks like a steal, unless Sapp turns things around.

There is a lot of good depth here, and a couple of starters, but I would prefer the Bills draft, or worse, Dallas.

Sniper
07-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I am less thrilled with Graham than many. That being said, I would love to have him. I just do not expect a Pro Bowl future

Your expectations are rather terrible, then. Brandon Graham will make 84 Pro Bowls.

Brothgar
07-18-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm very big on the first two picks then the third day was big for them

therock6000
07-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Not a ton of "wow" in their draft, but solid nonetheless. I would give them a B- if it was an option, but its not...so straight up B.

LizardState
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Voted C for average, I agree with rock it's a wowless draft. With 14 players taken they should have acquired a better talent pool than they did.

It would have been lower without Graham who was such a red hot prospect at DE they couldn't pass him up.

Kafka is their most interesting draftee b/c of McNabb's departure, letting him go to save big $ was classic penny wise & pound foolish imo, they're taking a major gamble with former #1 pick Kolb & that pressure rolls downhill from him on to Vick, who has those ??? hovering around him as always, & now Kafka who's listed as the 3rd string QB. If Kolb can't win or goes down, there will be hell to pay, the offense is the big reason they're predicted to finish 4th in the division.

Maybe they thought the throw enough mud at a fence & some of it will stick approach would work with all that moving around through the middle rounds & getting 14 players. Biggest shock for me on draft day was the Eagles soliciting Dallas for a trade & the Cowboys going with it.

CarmenWelden
08-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Getting Graham alone makes me score their draft high, bc I'm a huge Brandon Graham fan. He was my favorite DE in the draft.

I like the Nate Allen pick. I don't think he'll ever be a stud, but he'll always be a solid solid FS who is a notch below PB caliber. I like the gamble on Lindley, he was worth the risk.

I like Kafka as a sleeper.

Not particularly thrilled with the rest of it. They had a ton of picks, so some of those late rounders should bloom, but I'm iffy on a lot of em. Surprised they passed on some olinemen. Their CB situation isn't too great either, they passed on an opportunity to land some quality CBs in this draft.

I know they got Ernie Simms cheap, but I'm not a Simms fan either.

I'm gonna give them a B. I think they hit pretty big on their 1st pick, and were solid throughout the rest of the draft. But I don't know if a lot of these guys will pan out or not.

Love Graham though. Those bastards.

I look back at some of their moves, like giving away Sheldon Brown, and Weatherspoon, and I wonder if they'll kick themselves for those moves in the future. Was losing Sheldon this year really worth a 5th? Is Simms really worth more than Spoon? I don't think so. I disagree with those 2 moves.

A really great blog thanks for the post.