PDA

View Full Version : Alex Wujciak

bored of education
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
My new favorite prospect going in to this year. I don't think I will post as much in this thread as I did in the Jerry Hughes thread last year. But the more i read/watch this guy the more I love him. I compare his game to Stewart Bradley a bit. The guy is a machine, smart, instictive, some above average athlecism.

What are yout thoughts on him? Pure 4-3 guy or you think he can play inside in a 3-4. I think he can play anywhere really. He could go anywhere from 15-30 at this time.

btw, he can shed blocks :O

TACKLE
07-15-2010, 08:17 PM
He can play in both a 4-3 and a 3-4. He doesn't have ideal athleticism for most 4-3 scheme's but he could still be a effective there. He doesn't have protypical size for a 3-4 ILB but he is very physical and sheds blocks better than most college LB's so his skill set would actually work well in that system.The guy he reminds me a lot of is Antonio Pierce.

boe, maybe he could work well for a certain 3-4 team that badly needs a ILB behind their young D-Line ;)

bored of education
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
hmmm a team like that exists....oh hai chiefs

Don Vito
07-15-2010, 08:35 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/md/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/5188404.jpeg

He looks like Brian Cushing, he is 6-3 255 and white playing linebacker. Therefore I compare him to Brian Cushing. If you white you Ben Affleck.

I like Wujciak a lot and he definitely is an intriguing prospect, I like him best in a 4-3 but he could play inside in a 3-4. I do honestly see some Cushing in him.

TACKLE
07-16-2010, 01:10 AM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/md/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/5188404.jpeg

He looks like Brian Cushing, he is 6-3 255 and white playing linebacker. Therefore I compare him to Brian Cushing. If you white you Ben Affleck.

I like Wujciak a lot and he definitely is an intriguing prospect, I like him best in a 4-3 but he could play inside in a 3-4. I do honestly see some Cushing in him.

He must a gained quite a bit of weight. I've seen him listed at 235 but he's now listed at 255. Now I like him even more as a 3-4 ILB. Adding more size fits in perfectly with his style of play.

A highlight video for anyone who is interested.

ZnYCsrUjIDw

superman8456
07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I think he has Brandon Spikes type of speed.

FUNBUNCHER
07-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Naw, he's gonna time under 4.8, easily.
He's from Jersey, like Cushing, so those comparisons are gonna come.

SchizophrenicBatman
07-16-2010, 12:10 PM
He's going to run a 5.0 and get drafted in the 7th round. His knees are also a mess

Whether he's actually an effective player in the NFL is another story

bored of education
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
His ability to change direction, roll his hips and chase down guys like CJ spiller form taking the corner make me beleive he is quicker on the field than Spikes.

bce
07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Does he use ped's like cushing to cover that hes an injury prone non athletic scrub?

And please enlighten me on why i should use a first round pick on this guy.

will99890
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Does he use ped's like cushing to cover that hes an injury prone non athletic scrub?

Come on dude, that's just straight up bashing of a good player. I would love to see you call Cushing an injury prone juicer to his face haahahahah. Might actually pay to see that.

Plus I don't think anyone's claiming he's a first round caliber. Very good, but not great player.

A Perfect Score
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I think hes a solid 2nd rounder. He actually reminds me alot of Davis Harris from a few years back. Hes gunna make a team very happy at some point.

tjsunstein
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM

You don't use a first , simple as that.

Once you get around to letting me know why I should use a first on Robert Griffin, I'll be waiting.

bce
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
You don't use a first , simple as that.

Once you get around to letting me know why I should use a first on Robert Griffin, I'll be waiting.

Because hes more physically gifted than jake locker.

RealityCheck
07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Being more physically gifted than Jake Locker doesn't mean you're a first round draft pick.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Being more physically gifted than Jake Locker doesn't mean you're a first round draft pick.

Why do still listen to anything bce says? Hes giving STARHEATHER and TheInternetDraftDude a run for worst poster ever.

ThePudge
07-20-2010, 06:15 PM

But he's not a better football player and he has more mechanical flaws. I know you're under the impression that intangibles just means winning, but intangibly due to his intelligence and leadership (which I'm not saying Griffin lacks) Locker has to be considered the better player. Of course, if one were to not watch the games I can see how this could cause confusion. Maybe Griffin will be something nice as an NFL prospect some day, but Locker is much further along as a football player & as a Quarterback.

bce
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
But he's not a better football player and he has more mechanical flaws. I know you're under the impression that intangibles just means winning, but intangibly due to his intelligence and leadership (which I'm not saying Griffin lacks) Locker has to be considered the better player. Of course, if one were to not watch the games I can see how this could cause confusion. Maybe Griffin will be something nice as an NFL prospect some day, but Locker is much further along as a football player & as a Quarterback.

That he is not a better football player is opinion not based on fact. Throwing accuracy advantage griffin. Decision making advantage griffin. Athletic ability advantage griffin. Inteligence advantage griffin. Winning percentage advantage griffin. Throwing arm advantage griffin.

HYpe and speculation advantage locker.

bce
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Why do still listen to anything bce says? Hes giving STARHEATHER and TheInternetDraftDude a run for worst poster ever.

The worst poster ever claims to be some sort of "coach" but doesnt know the responsibilities of a cover 2 then chases you around calling you names after you exposed him

RealityCheck
07-20-2010, 06:54 PM
He entertains me when I'm bored.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 07:01 PM
The worst poster ever claims to be some sort of "coach" but doesnt know the responsibilities of a cover 2 then chases you around calling you names after you exposed him

Go back and read that thread again you moron. Everyone else agreed that in press man coverage, it is the corner's responsibility to cover his man. As anyone who has ever watched a single football game could tell you. You are well known to be an insufferable troll and you are one remark away from being banned for absolute stupidity.

CASE IN POINT: IN MAN COVERAGE, ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR MAN DOESNT GET IN THE END ZONE. THATS WHY ITS CALLED MAN COVERAGE YOU STUPID ******* IDIOT.

bce
07-20-2010, 07:17 PM
No you said it was cover 2 coach. I know it still gnaws at you, the idea that youre not the next vince lombardi. Even if it was press man, hes still not going to be responsible for the inside all the way to the end zone. Probably why the play worked. That and polumalu got caught out of position.

But hey, mike tomlin doesnt know what defense hes in ever either. So maybe you have a future.

prock
07-20-2010, 07:20 PM
No you said it was cover 2 coach. I know it still gnaws at you, the idea that youre not the next vince lombardi. Even if it was press man, hes still not going to be responsible for the inside all the way to the end zone. Probably why the play worked. That and polumalu got caught out of position.

But hey, mike tomlin doesnt know what defense hes in ever either. So maybe you have a future.

Ohhh man you are dumb.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM

Mike Tomlin comes from a cover 2 system you ******* tool. Thats the reason that Pittsburgh runs that hybrid defense they run now. Dear god you are stupid. And we've been over this before, just because you run a base 3-4 doesnt mean you cant call a cover 2 coverage. Do you wear a helmet everywhere? Im legitimately concerned for your health at this point.

bce
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I missed you and your "wisdom". The wisdom of one who has never said a relevant word about any prospect. Just runs around saying youre dumb and this is pure gold.

You and the "coach" should hook up.

bce
07-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Mike Tomlin comes from a cover 2 system you ******* tool. Thats the reason that Pittsburgh runs that hybrid defense they run now. Dear god you are stupid. And we've been over this before, just because you run a base 3-4 doesnt mean you cant call a cover 2 coverage. Do you wear a helmet everywhere? Im legitimately concerned for your health at this point.

Ok vince. You just said it was press man? so was it cover 2 or press man?
Are you sure youre not mike tomlin?

prock
07-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I missed you and your "wisdom". The wisdom of one who has never said a relevant word about any prospect. Just runs around saying youre dumb and this is pure gold.

You and the "coach" should hook up.

Whenever I do say **** about a prospect or something of that sort, you disappear from the thread or repeat stupid ass lines like "the proof is in the pudding" when you are clearly wrong. So, what is the point of arguing logically and rationally with you when you possess neither of those qualities?

You're an idiot.

bce
07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Whenever I do say **** about a prospect or something of that sort, you disappear from the thread or repeat stupid ass lines like "the proof is in the pudding" when you are clearly wrong. So, what is the point of arguing logically and rationally with you when you possess neither of those qualities?

You're an idiot.

This is pure gold

prock
07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
This is pure gold

I rest my case.

bce
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Im certainly sure that i respond to you whenever you appear. But its difficult to repsond to
"youre an idiot"
or "this is pure gold"

Really not much substance there. All i can say to that is
"its pure gold"

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Ok vince. You just said it was press man? so was it cover 2 or press man?
Are you sure youre not mike tomlin?

Since when can a cover 2 not be press man? In case you forgot, you stupid piece of a ****, a cover 2 only dictates a 2 deep safety system. Normally, if its a zone call, the corners are responsible for the flats area with linebackers covering the hook curl. That said, the play in question wasn't a zone call based on the reactions of several players, and further illustrates your inability to use any logic whatsoever in diagnosing anything football related. You can absolutely call a cover 2 and press man play at the same time you worthless hunk of ****. Now stop posting. At first it was amusing, now you are just annoying.

bce
07-20-2010, 08:02 PM
ok now its both press man and cover 2. The "coach" is now in the process of creating a whole new defensive scheme. Press man cover 2 where you play both man and zone at the same time.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 08:04 PM
ok now its both press man and cover 2. The "coach" is now in the process of creating a whole new defensive scheme. Press man cover 2 where you play both man and zone at the same time.

Are you serious? Or are you legitimately that stupid?

prock
07-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Yup. You must not watch a lot of football. Literally every team runs it. If you are a Madden fan, it is called the two man under.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-20-2010, 08:06 PM
I miss rc3. At least his trolling was amusing.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I dunno, the brilliance of bce is rivaled by few. Apparently, in the NFL, you have to play man or zone coverage. There is no such thing as a hybrid. Its remarkable how much he's taught me about pro style defenses.

bce
07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
You think prock validates you coach. Well in 2 man under, the corner doesnt have man responsibility inside to the end zone. But if he says it, its

"pure gold"

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
No, everything except you validates what I'm saying. In man coverage, you cover your man. Thats the entire point of man coverage. If it was "Cover your man for the first yard and then let him run free to the endzone" coverage, they would call it that.

You are actually too stupid to insult or argue with. Congratulations on achieving a new level of idiocy.

bce
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
im not the one feeling frustrated.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
im not the one feeling frustrated.

If you were smart enough to understand why you should be frustrated, I can assure you thats exactly how you were be feeling. Fortunately for you, you are actually too stupid to achieve higher brain functions. Bravo.

prock
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
You think prock validates you coach. Well in 2 man under, the corner doesnt have man responsibility inside to the end zone. But if he says it, its

"pure gold"

What are you talking about? In 2 man under, the corner's job is cover the receiver, and Ike Taylor got burned and didn't cover the receiver.

bce
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
not the slant all the way to the end zone with 2 deep safeties from the opposing 40

pure gold

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Yes. If you are assigned to a man, it is your job to cover that man. Stop being stupid. Get smarter.

bce
07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
unfortunately in the 2 man under thats not the case "coach". First it was cover 2, then it was press man, now its 2 man under. any more defenses of convenience coach tomlin?

prock
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
not the slant all the way to the end zone with 2 deep safeties from the opposing 40

pure gold

If you are assigned to cover a guy, you are covering him the entire play. You don't just stop covering him at a stupid point and proceed to stand there like an idiot. Why would you think he isn't supposed to cover him all the way to the end zone?

if bce was a coach - "Alright, Ike Taylor, I know you are the best cover corner of all time, so don't bother covering this guy til the end zone. Just run with him for a few yards then stop, our safeties will do it from then on. After that, your job is done, so just take a breather."

Why the **** would you stop covering a guy mid play when it is ******* man coverage????? I can't even imagine this level of stupidity.

prock
07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
unfortunately in the 2 man under thats not the case "coach". First it was cover 2, then it was press man, now its 2 man under. any more defenses of convenience coach tomlin?

2 man under is cover two press man. ITS THE EXACT SAME THING! In two man under, the corners match up and the safeties over back. It is the same play, just a different name. Holy ****.

bce
07-20-2010, 10:28 PM
sure it is coach. i know since you called the defense. you knew exactly what they were doing. well at least today while it was convenient for you to know.

A Perfect Score
07-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Several people have explained on numerous occasions the flaws and stupidity within your argument, and you still refuse to say anything other then we are wrong. Words cant describe how stupid you are. As an English major, Im legitimately at a loss for words to describe the complete abandonement of logic within your posts. You sir, are a ******* idiot and I do hope that you are hit by a bus sometime soon so that you stop posting. At least that way we wouldn't have to listen to you clutter our boards with insufferable stupidity.

For the record, you don't have to be in the damn huddle to see what play was called. All you have to do is watch, something you clearly can't do. Furthermore, your attempts to discredit an argument by suggesting that we weren't "in the huddle" is a truly pathetic to attempt to lend credence to your idiotic and illogical ramblings. You aren't in the huddle, so you don't know Ike Taylor is the best cover corner ever. Maybe the coaches told him to just hang around. You aren't in the huddle, so maybe Donte Hightower was supposed to just act like a top 10 pick. You aren't in the huddle, so maybe Jake Locker was told not to throw with full power.

SHUT THE **** UP YOU STUPID ******* IDIOT.

JHL6719
07-21-2010, 01:48 AM
The term "Cover 2" only dictates the safeties.... the corners can play zone or man depending on the call...

In the NFL, "man coverage" is usually hand-in-hand with pressing your man off the line... especially in aggressive scheme like the Steelers where you blitz a lot.... you don't see it as much in college unless it's with certain defensive coordinators with a certain level of talent...

There's a reason the Steelers drafted Kareem Jackson in the 1st round.. because he was the best MAN COVERAGE cornerback in the draft....coming from a system very similar to Dick Lebeau's.... I tried to get that point across in Kareem's scouting report thread by Scott prior to the draft....

I'll admit, bce's antics were amusing for a while... but he's just too intent on arguing for the sake of arguing than actually listening or having a clue what he's talking about...

It's gotten to that point gentlemen....

Hurricanes25
07-21-2010, 01:55 AM
There's a reason the Steelers drafted Kareem Jackson in the 1st round.. because he was the best MAN COVERAGE cornerback in the draft....coming from a system very similar to Dick Lebeau's.... I tried to get that point across in Kareem's scouting report thread by Scott prior to the draft....

Kareem Jackson was drafted by the Texans.

FUNBUNCHER
07-21-2010, 05:03 AM
It's weird how some members can call another poster every name under the sun with impunity.

I have this urge to push you farther off the ledge by yourself bce, but when guys can't argue against you without investing a copious amount of expletives and personal insults, my gut instinct is to reel you back in.

I know that in some man-cover 2 schemes, a corner is NOT expected to shadow a WR all over the field; when Fitz caught the slant on Ike Taylor, it appears he blew his coverage responsibilities. After that, it was Polamalu and Clark who got burned.

That entire play wasn't on Ike Taylor, IMO, since we're all speculating that we 'know' exactly what Ike's coverage responsibilities were on that play.

Problem is, none of us knows, all were doing is making guesses.

bam bam
07-21-2010, 05:30 AM
I can't stand it when guys make a play, and their teammates come over to congratulate them, then they ignore them and run out to showboat on their own. He seemed to do that every time he made a play.

mario
07-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Decision making advantage griffin
This opinion is not based of fact, you know, you're not in the Baylor or Washington playbook...

bce
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
This opinion is not based of fact, you know, you're not in the Baylor or Washington playbook...

Better completion percentage and less interceptions. Its advantage griffin.

Thanks funbuncher, for validating . Im sure these folk dont hurl insults and call people idiots to their faces. They hide behind their computer where they can cowardly get away with it. I think really, its probably a case of wanting to hurl insults at people but not being man enough to do it to their faces, so they sit behind their computers and do it where theres no consequence.

A Perfect Score
07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
It's weird how some members can call another poster every name under the sun with impunity.

I have this urge to push you farther off the ledge by yourself bce, but when guys can't argue against you without investing a copious amount of expletives and personal insults, my gut instinct is to reel you back in.

I know that in some man-cover 2 schemes, a corner is NOT expected to shadow a WR all over the field; when Fitz caught the slant on Ike Taylor, it appears he blew his coverage responsibilities. After that, it was Polamalu and Clark who got burned.

That entire play wasn't on Ike Taylor, IMO, since we're all speculating that we 'know' exactly what Ike's coverage responsibilities were on that play.

Problem is, none of us knows, all were doing is making guesses.

Regardless of the amount of insults or expletives included in my post, that doesn't make what I've said any less true. bce's arguments are not only wrong, but he doesn't even do a good job of arguing...he simply re-states over and over the same incorrect things. Yes, there was one play which was heavily debated, and most people agreed that Ike Taylor, the so called "best cover corner of the decade" was badly beaten in man coverage. Furthermore, we provided a plurality of videos illustrating his ineffectiveness in coverage, to which bce was unable to respond or explain. Hes a blatant troll who clearly knows very little about the game of football...just look at my sig quote. Anyone who doesn't know that you can't play man and zone coverage in the same defense shouldn't be posting on a board like this. Thats just ridiculous.

Better completion percentage and less interceptions. Its advantage griffin.

Thanks funbuncher, for validating . Im sure these folk dont hurl insults and call people idiots to their faces. They hide behind their computer where they can cowardly get away with it. I think really, its probably a case of wanting to hurl insults at people but not being man enough to do it to their faces, so they sit behind their computers and do it where theres no consequence.

I can assure you that if I met you in person, I would undoubtedly insult you in exactly the same way I do on here, especially if you are as uninformed about the rest of the world as you are about football.

FUNBUNCHER
07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
The overt personal attacks IMO just aren't necessary and add nothing but hostility and animosity to the board.

I get clowned about once a week by someone on SWDC just because I was caught talking out of my ass, but it's never really done in a demeaning or derogatory way.

Sarcasm = OK.
name-calling & personal insults = not so much.

BTW, you can mark it down now; Locker is the bastard child/test tube baby of Steve Young and John Elway and will make Tim Tebow, ( another young QB who compares the most athletically to Locker) look like the Broncos worst draft pick in a decade.

bce
07-23-2010, 06:11 PM
whether hes better than tim tebow is immaterial. I dont make the mistake of comparing college qbs to all time greats. Saying theyre the next john elway or steve young. Thats high expectations and most likely doomed for an unhappy ending. On top of them being 10 years retired. You could say he ahs the throwing arm of john elway (not, not even close) or the running ability of steve young (maybe but if he runs around like steve young hes going to die a quick painful concussion fogged death).