PDA

View Full Version : Marcel Dareus reported to be at agent party

Phillysteeler
07-21-2010, 03:41 AM
Its being reported on ESPN that Dareus is being investigated by Alabama for being at the same agent's party that Marvin Austin, and Weslye Saunders were at. There could be some really great players who may miss some serious time from this thing, but at this point its all speculation as to whether anything was given to them. It doesn't look good though.

dannyz
07-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Good now people can say the NCAA goes after the Big Guy's. Dareus is gone after this Year anyways.

Phillysteeler
07-21-2010, 04:15 AM
Yeah if the NCAA really wants to accomplish anything though they need to figure this whole thing out fast because if the investigation is typical then he will be long gone before any penalties are handed down.

dannyz
07-21-2010, 04:29 AM
If they Suspend him now he can work on his NFL Draft stock. That way he cannot have a bad Year, It worked for Dez Bryant. I hope Dareus dose not get introuble but the NCAA needs to stop. Next they are going to say Jadeveon Clowney already has an Agent and he's not even in College yet.

TACKLE
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
If they Suspend him now he can work on his NFL Draft stock. That way he cannot have a bad Year, It worked for Dez Bryant. I hope Dareus dose not get introuble but the NCAA needs to stop. Next they are going to say Jadeveon Clowney already has an Agent and he's not even in College yet.

How did it "work" for Dez Bryant?

He was easily a Top 5 player in the draft and ended up falling to #24.

Mr.Regular
07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
One of the guys at walterfootball.com just tweeted that Dareus has been ruled ineligible for the season. Wow.

tenorx
07-21-2010, 05:12 PM
One of the guys at walterfootball.com just tweeted that Dareus has been ruled ineligible for the season. Wow.

Yeh I've also seen that, waiting for confirmation. If it's true, then yeah... W O W.

descendency
07-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah if the NCAA really wants to accomplish anything though they need to figure this whole thing out fast because if the investigation is typical then he will be long gone before any penalties are handed down.
A suspension has been handed down and that's quite a stiff penalty.

Sniper
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
the NCAA needs to stop.

They need to stop enforcing their rules?

RealityCheck
07-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Looks like somebody will have trouble defending the championship...

dannyz
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ion/index.htmlhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/07/21/georgia.investigation/index.html Looks like Green is next.

Cigaro
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks like somebody will have trouble defending the championship...

Not sure what you mean by this? Defending it this year?

But I found the common thread linking the seemingly random Saunders, Austin, and Dareus- they're all overrated!

TitanHope
07-21-2010, 08:37 PM

Nick Saban has said these reports are not true.

Doesn't mean it's not coming though.

wonderbredd24
07-21-2010, 08:46 PM
They need to stop enforcing their rules?

No anger at the agent or the player, but at the NCAA... hilariously typical

brat316
07-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Hmmmm some other guys should get one as well/

Sniper
07-21-2010, 09:10 PM
No anger at the agent or the player, but at the NCAA... hilariously typical

Seriously. It's not like these rules were put into effect yesterday and are barely known. Here, let me help you out. If you want to keep your eligibility, don't take gifts. Good? Good.

wonderbredd24
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Seriously. It's not like these rules were put into effect yesterday and are barely known. Here, let me help you out. If you want to keep your eligibility, don't take gifts. Good? Good.

But the players don't know that and their victims... it's not like every ******* school in the country doesn't have compliance officers telling these kids this **** every day.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
When your young you are dumb enough to believe someone if they say you wont get caught if i give you $100,000

Phillysteeler
07-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm hoping the suspension rumors are true. The NCAA needs to have a penalty actually affect the people who committed the violation not some other players like three years down the line. I guess if your gonna take money do it the Pouncey way.