PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart vs. Mark Sanchez

soybean
07-23-2010, 01:48 PM
SC homer here.

Who will suck less? (aka, who will have the better season?)

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Depends on how you're looking at it. I expect the Jets to be the better team and have a better record, yet I could see Leinart putting up more impressive numbers since the tools he has around him on offense are set up more for the passing game.

tjsunstein
07-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Sanchez will suck less because he's asked to do less.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Honestly, if they have really similar statistical performance this year, it would probably profile as a much better year for Leinart. He's not exactly guaranteed to start even the majority of the year for the Cardinals, much less be compared to a player who, failing injury, will definitely be the Jets quarterback all year.

PACKmanN
07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Depends on how you're looking at it. I expect the Jets to be the better team and have a better record, yet I could see Leinart putting up more impressive numbers since the tools he has around him on offense are set up more for the passing game.

the only guys i would take on the Cards offense are Fritz and Wells over who the Jets have.

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 03:02 PM
the only guys i would take on the Cards offense are Fritz and Wells over who the Jets have.

But the Cards offense is just set up to be more proficient at passing the ball. The Jets are run first, run last, run always...throw only when you have to kind of team.

And also, I'm not sleeping on Breaston and Doucet as the #2 and 3 in that offense now. Doucet looked great during their playoff games and Breaston has been doing well prior to that. Plus...yanno....Fitz is just so nice to have as a target. Braylon drops things and Santonio will miss a quarter of the year....eh.

If both Leinart and Sanchez started all 16 games, I think Leinart would have better passing stats but his team success would be worse.

descendency
07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Sanchez without a doubt. Leinart flat sucks. He's not even starter material. Sanchez sucks but at least is starter material.

yourfavestoner
07-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Sanchez without a doubt. Leinart flat sucks. He's not even starter material. Sanchez sucks but at least is starter material.

I love this post.

Down with the overrated USC skill players!

Ravens1991
07-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I love this post.

Down with the overrated USC skill players!

That is true. Other then Palmer, the LBs and Troy. The offensive USC players have been vastly overrated in the NFL

Brothgar
07-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Sanchez will suck less because he's asked to do less.

These are my thoughts exactly.

EDIT: I corrected my post for grammar Sniper, Brent, and CJ are getting to me.

soybean
07-23-2010, 03:44 PM
That is true. Other then Palmer, the LBs and Troy. The offensive USC players have been vastly overrated in the NFL

steve smith has been fairing pretty well.

Also, can you imagine if Leinart can hold onto the job for at least 3 more years we could possibly see 1/8th of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL coming from USC???

soybean
07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
These are my thoughts exactly.

EDIT: I corrected my post for grammar Sniper, Brent, and CJ are getting to me.

hmm i think there's a comma after "thoughts".

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
steve smith has been fairing pretty well.

Also, can you imagine if Leinart can hold onto the job for at least 3 more years we could possibly see 1/8th of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL coming from USC???

I think, for a time at least, more than 1/8 of starting QBs were out of MAC schools. Now that was just weird.... (Pennington, Leftwich, Ben, Gradkowski when he was in Tampa...possibly others I'm forgetting.)

Brent
07-23-2010, 04:00 PM
I think, for a time at least, more than 1/8 of starting QBs were out of MAC schools. Now that was just weird.... (Pennington, Leftwich, Ben, Gradkowski when he was in Tampa...possibly others I'm forgetting.)
Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Frye, Ben Rothelisberger.

Malaka
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Gotta go with the Sanchize on this one. I like'd Leinart, but he just wasn't that good whenver he played. At least Sanchez has some potential.

shinzo123
07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Sanchez will be legit this season. Mark my words.

descendency
07-23-2010, 11:41 PM

Check the OL that won that national championship.

The only big names over the last few years have been palmer, the LBs, and troy.

dannyz
07-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Check the OL that won that national championship.

The only big names over the last few years have been palmer, the LBs, and troy.

Steve Smith, Fred Davis.

Shahin
07-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Watch Leinart just dominates this year.

Sniper
07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
hmm i think there's a comma after "thoughts".

A period would be better.

To answer the original question, I think Leinart will have a better year than Sanchez. I like both of them quite a bit, but I expect Leinart to break out and have a strong season because he's had some time to digest the playbook and mature physically and mentally. I think they'll both be good, but I'll go with Leinart by a nose.

Vikes99ej
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Watch Leinart just dominates this year.

What channel is "Leinart just dominates this year" on? I'm guessing the SciFi channel or the Things That Will Never Ever Ever Happen Network, aka TTWNEEHN.

thenewfeature06
07-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised either way, as far as record.. the Jets will probably have a better record and imo would go farther in the playoffs than a Leinart led Cardinals team. Numbers could be a different story, Leinart did look bad but hey maybe he learned under Kurt for 2 years and comes out this year looking good. From what I remember he was extremely accurate in college so he will get his chance. Sanchez was pretty accurate as well and that is who I picked, instead of a slump for him he will be asked to pass the ball a little more. Good question because I don't have a real confident answer haha.

fenikz
07-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Leinart looked great vs the Titans in the game he started last year, was a VY led 99 yard drive away from a win against a Titans team that had won 5 in a row(I think)

Splat
07-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I think Sanchez is the pretty easy choice.

BeerBaron
07-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Leinart looked great vs the Titans in the game he started last year, was a VY led 99 yard drive away from a win against a Titans team that had won 5 in a row(I think)

Leinart on the wrong end of a VY comeback.....that sounds oddly familiar.

Brent
07-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Leinart on the wrong end of a VY comeback.....that sounds oddly familiar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/idiotnumbr3/HisKneeWasDown-1.jpg

Thecollegedropout
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Alan Faneca's pass protection on Arizona=Fail
Alan Faneca's pass protection away from New York Jets=Win

There's your answer. Faneca is THAT bad at pass protection. Sanchez got pressured shoved down his throat on that side.

fenikz
07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Brown + Faneca is gonna cause a lot of problems for RDE trying to stop the run, teams would be smart to entirely switch their DLs but I know most DEs are used to going from one side or the other

PoopSandwich
07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Derek Anderson will take the reigns of a 2-5 cardinals and lead them to the super bowl.

you think im joking...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Defiantmac/DA4MVPPPP.jpg

BlindSite
07-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I actually don't mind leinart, every time I've seen him play he's played well, I've not really seen him play absolutely terribly, I just get the feeling he's in the dog house a little bit.

He's actually really good against Cover 2 schemes but struggles against man teams, so he'll probably have some really up and down weeks.

AntoinCD
07-26-2010, 04:45 AM
I went with Sanchez simply because teams will go out of their way to stop the Jets running attack. While I think the Jets wont be as good running the football this year and the Cardinals will be better than they were last year teams will be less inclined to leave Fitz one on one than Braylon Edwards. The Cardinals will face less eight and nine man boxes than the Jets thus I think Sanchez has the better opportunity to have a better year.

abaddon41_80
07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Leinart is slightly better than Sanchez, imo, and the talent around him is more geared for putting up better numbers.