PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Players from your Rivals

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Premise is simple: Choose one player from each of your 3 division rivals that you'd like to add to your own team and explain why.

For the Bears:

Detroit - Calvin Johnson - Delmas is tempting as we need a safety more than just about anything else right now, but Johnson is just some competence from Stafford and the o-line from being truly elite. He already has the physical side of things down, just needs the production and with Cutler flinging the ball all over, he'd get it with the Bears. Plus he'd make Knox and Hester look better since he'd draw the coverage.

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson - Fumbling issues aside, Peterson is still a beastly runner who could easily rack up 300 yards in any given week. Keep him fresh using Forte and his former mate Chester Taylor and the run game should be sick.

Still weaknesses with the interior o-line and the safeties, but the other teams in this division don't have anyone that much better really....

So who would you take?

CashmoneyDrew
07-23-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-23-2010, 06:18 PM
For the Steelers:

From Cleveland: LT Joe Thomas - Arguably the best LT in the game, and we desperately need offensive line help.

From Cincinnati: LB Rey Maualuga - Kind of unexpected, especially with other players like Leon Hall or maybe even Andre Smith available, but I think that Maualuga would be a special player as a 3-4 ILB for us, more specifically playing the buck role. Would enable Timmons to switch over to the Mack, and wreak havoc everywhere. If not Maualuga, then definitely Andre Smith, and see if he could play guard.

From Baltimore: LT Michael Oher - A beast in the making. We need help all over the o-line and this guy is a player. Strongly considered Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, Ben Grubbs, and Jared Gaither, but Reed is old and injury prone, we've already got Woodley and Harrison and Worilds and Gibson, we've got Mendenhall, and I felt Oher is and will be a better player than Grubbs and Gaither.

If we got those players, our O-line would be:

LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Chris Kemoeatu
C: Maurkice Pouncey
RG: ??? (Andre Smith if we took him).
RT: Michael Oher

Nothing would stop the offense anymore.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.

Teehee.

But that would be a truly amazing team.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Texans-Demeco Ryans- Great young middle linebacker. It would have been cush if he was not on the juice. Thought about super mario but it would be hard to split time between freeney/mathis/hughes.

Titans- Michael Roos- Any upgrade would be good along the offensive line. He has been an all pro one point and is one of the better blindside protectors. 2nd option would be Cortland Finnegan.

Jaguars- MoJo Drew- It was a really tough one for this team. In the end it had to be little hercules.

TitanHope
07-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Indianapolis Colts - Gotta go with Peyton Manning. Their best player. Better than VY. Would give us a legit passing attack to pair with the OL and CJ2k.

Houston Texans - Andre Johnson. CJ2k + Peyton Manning + Andre Johnson + Titans OL = All things nice.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Uhhh, it's gotta be DEF. Pass-rush and CB depth were the issues last year, so that means Kampman or Mathis/Cox. I think I'll go with Kampman. Makes the DE's a 4 deep rotation with Morgan, Kampman, Hayes, and Ford, and an improved pass-rush will improve the secondary.

Offense:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
FB: Ahmard Hall
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Kenny Britt
Slot: Damian Williams/Jared Cook
TE: Bo Scaife/Jared Cook
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Leroy Harris
C: Eugene Amano
RG: Jake Scott
RT: David Stewart

Defense:

RE: William Hayes/Jacob Ford
NT: Tony Brown
UT: Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks
LE: Derrick Morgan/Aaron Kampman
ROLB: Will Witherspoon
MIKE: Stephen Tulloch
LOLB: David Thornton/Gerald McRath
CB: Cortland Finnegan
CB: Jason McCourty
FS: Michael Griffin
SS: Chris Hope

I'll take it.

PACKmanN
07-23-2010, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.[QUOTE]

i lol'd

Vikings: Jared Allen: Have him as a OLB in the 3-4
Lions: Calvin Johnson: Best offense eva
Bears: umm...Robbie Gould?

GB12
07-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Detroit - Calvin Johnson
Yes we're already well off at WR, but you can't pass up Calvin Johnson. Besides, it's not like there's anyone else worth taking from the Lions roster. Having Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, JerMichael Finely, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson all available to Aaron Rodgers would be ridiculous. Instant MVP right there, and probably Super Bowl.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson
I'm not one of those Packer fans that's down on Ryan Grant, but this is a clear upgrade. Put Peterson in the backfield with that aerial attack and the offense is unstoppable. Even without the best offensive line there would be so many ways to burn a defense if they brought too much pressure that they'd have to back off a bit.

Chicago - Lance Briggs
Honestly there's not a lot I'd want from Chicago. The strengths that they do have don't really match up with what we're missing. Plugging Briggs in for Hawk should be a nice little upgrade though.

wonderbredd24
07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Pittsburgh - Lamarr Woodley, OLB - We need pass rushers in a bad way and Woodley is an incredibly balanced threat to add to our defense

Baltimore - Haloti Ngata, DL - We could have a DLine with Rogers and Ngata at ends and Rubin at the nose

Cincinnati - Andre Smith, OT - With Thomas and Mack, we would have one of the best lines in the league for a decade

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.[QUOTE]

i lol'd

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.

J-Mike88
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Vikings: Peterson (Allen can't play linebacker)
Lions: Megatron (We're loaded at WR and Suh is tempting, but...)
Bears: Peppers (I don't think anyone else on their roster would upgrade us anywhere) :o) lol

GB12
07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=PACKmanN;2239337][QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.

Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.

Ravens1991
07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers-Troy P. HIm and Reed give us the 2 best safteys in football.

Cleveland Browns-Shaun Rogers. The dline would be
RDE-Ngata
NT-Cody
LDE-Rogers

that is over 1,000 pounds of madness up there.

Cinncinnatti-Give me Leon Hall/John Joseph. IDK which CB is better but we would take the best one to bolster this secondary.

LonghornsLegend
07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
NY Giants: Justin Tuck

As bad as I wanted to say Clint Sintim for some reason because he'd tear it up in our system, Tuck would be a monster. Parcells wanted him for his 3-4, he'd be even better in Wade's. Would be able to get after the passer and hold his own in the run dept, a game changing DE.

Philly: Broderick Bunkley

I had a really tough time finding a guy to take, because most the guys I would take were set at that position. He's not the greatest fit, but another stout D-lineman up front surely won't hurt and we'd put him in great situations where he wouldn't have to be consistently doubled. They didn't have any safeties, CB's, or ILB's I'd take.

Washington: Brian Orakpo

So? We'll figure out how to get all 3 pass-rushers on the field at the same time, and I'd love for defenses to figure out how to block them when all 3 of them are changing from left to the right before the snap and rushing from all over the place.

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239344][QUOTE=PACKmanN;2239337]

Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.

If you combined all of the Bears and Packers safeties, would Collins be the best? Yeah probably...but he's not that incredible of an upgrade. It's not like he'd be a young Ed Reed thrown into the mix.

Btw...why are quotes in quotes suddenly broken?

fenikz
07-23-2010, 07:16 PM
SF - Vernon Davis
STL - Sam Bradford (though I don't want to pay that contract)
SEA - Earl Thomas

marshallb
07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
For the Vikings:
Green Bay Aaron Rodgers -- Pretty simple, one of the absolute best young QBs in the game, throw him in this offense and save for Oline, there is no need for an offensive player for the next half decade. Throwing to Rice, Harvin, Berrian, and Shiancoe with Peterson and Gerhart out of the back field, just sick.

Chicago To be honest, I don't really know who to say here. The positions that we have needs at are positions the Bears are also weak at. NT to replace Pat, nobody. Safety to upgrade over Madeiu/Tyrell, nobody. OL replacements for McKinnie/Hutch in the next couple years or an upgrade over Herrera/Sullivan, nobody. I guess I'd have to say Lance Briggs, let him take over for Leber, who is solid but unspectacular and is also a FA after this season, and you have an excellent LB core(partially assuming EJ comes back fine from the knee injury, although Brinkley looked solid as a rookie) with Briggs, EJ, and Greenway.

Detroit This is a bit tough as we don't need another WR, so Calvin is out. I don't really know who to say between Suh and Delmas. Suh would be a beast next to Allen, Kevin, and Edwards but Safety is a much bigger need, so I'd probably say Louis Delmas, but you couldn't go wrong saying Suh.

Michigan
07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Lions

CHI: Julius Peppers
GB: Charles Woodson (PBHN)
MIN: Steve Hutchinson <33

Bengals78
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Steelers - Troy P

Ravens - Ed Reed

Browns - Joe Thomas

thenewfeature06
07-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Raiders

SD - You can give me Rivers, thought about Jackson...

KC - Uh right now without seeing him play probably Eric Berry, him and Branch would be nice.

DEN - If it was this year, I might have to go with NT Jamal Williams.. getting older but can play another year or 2 at a solid level. Who else? Maybe if Marshall was still there, or Ryan Clady actually

Bengals78
07-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Raiders

KC - Uh right now without seeing him play probably Eric Berry, him and Branch would be nice.

DEN - If it was this year, I might have to go with NT Jamal Williams.. getting older but can play another year or 2 at a solid level. Who else? Maybe if Marshall was still there, or Ryan Clady actually

Go for Nmadi and Champ!

Go_Eagles77
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware is one of, if not the best LB in the league and the eagles have a huge weakness at SLB barring a breakout year by a young player. Ware could easily make the transition to the 4-3 where he can play a role similar to what Orakpo played for Washington last year. I though about Mike Jenkins because CB is probably an even bigger question mark than SLB, but Ware is too good to pass up, so I'll go with DeMarcus Ware.

Giants - Chris Snee is tempting here as Stacy Andrews is a question mark at the RG position, but he can be damn good if he can come back healthy. This is the eagles' best opportunity to grab a CB to play opposite Samuel, but should I go with Webster or Thomas? A year ago I probably would have said Webster, but he was exposed a little bit last season while Thomas took a step forward, so I'll go with Terrell Thomas.

Redskins - This is a tough one. The redskins have a pretty good duo of OTs but the eagles' is nothing to scoff at either. I guess I'd have to go with Albert Haynesworth. I'm weary about the contract/attitude, but I'm sure he'd be thrilled to be in the eagles' blitz-heavy 4-3 defense. Try to stop the front 4 of Haynesworth, Cole, Bunkley and Graham.

GB12
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=GB12;2239347][QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239344]

If you combined all of the Bears and Packers safeties, would Collins be the best? Yeah probably...but he's not that incredible of an upgrade. It's not like he'd be a young Ed Reed thrown into the mix.

Btw...why are quotes in quotes suddenly broken?
Collins is one of the best safeties in the NFC. I guess if your saying the value of a safety wouldn't be worth it over upgrading somewhere else I completely understand. The way you worded it, however, was that the Bears safeties aren't far behind Collins, which certainly isn't true.

PACKmanN messed up the quotes when he forgot a "/" on his end quote.

Splat
07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
For the Chiefs I will take Rivers from SD Dumervil from Denver and Asomugha from Oakland.

Bengals78
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Splat - you need a 3-4 DE....

CashmoneyDrew
07-23-2010, 08:44 PM

He would have Asomugha and Eric Berry in the same defensive backfield. He wouldn't even need a d-line.

Splat
07-23-2010, 08:45 PM

Funny guy.

If GB was in the Chiefs div I would have took Bulaga... :)

Splat
07-23-2010, 08:46 PM
He would have Asomugha and Eric Berry in the same defensive backfield. He wouldn't even need a d-line.

And Brandon Flowers...

yourfavestoner
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Texans-Demeco Ryans- Great young middle linebacker. It would have been cush if he was not on the juice. Thought about super mario but it would be hard to split time between freeney/mathis/hughes.

Titans- Michael Roos- Any upgrade would be good along the offensive line. He has been an all pro one point and is one of the better blindside protectors. 2nd option would be Cortland Finnegan.

Jaguars- MoJo Drew- It was a really tough one for this team. In the end it had to be little hercules.

Demeco Ryans? Ew. I didn't think people thought he was even good anyone.

dj825
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
for the Panthers...

Saints- Sedrick Ellis. Hes a huge upgrade over anything we have at DT right now. I considered Brees but i think the D Line is more of an issue right now.

Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy. Id have taken Suh if he was in the NFC South but McCoy is still gonan be great.

Falcons - Roddy White. No question Carolina needs another playmaker for our young QBs so its either Gonzalez or Roddy White, cant go wrong either way.

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 09:33 PM
for the Panthers...

Saints- Sedrick Ellis. Hes a huge upgrade over anything we have at DT right now. I considered Brees but i think the D Line is more of an issue right now.

I don't care if it's in his prime Warren Sapp....no DT is worth passing on Brees when your QBs are Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

dj825
07-23-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't care if it's in his prime Warren Sapp....no DT is worth passing on Brees when your QBs are Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

well the reason i didnt take Brees or any other QB is because we did use a second round pick on Clausen and Moore has flashed alot when hes been on the field so before i took a QB id wanna see what they can do.

BeerBaron
07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
well the reason i didnt take Brees or any other QB is because we did use a second round pick on Clausen and Moore has flashed alot when hes been on the field so before i took a QB id wanna see what they can do.

The odds of either actually being better than Drew Brees are just staggering though. Ellis might help your defense out a bit and win you maybe a game or two more but Brees could take you from a .500 or worse team into a legit contender with that run game to help.

All just speculative though...I was just wanted to say that I don't think I'd pass on Brees in your spot.

FloridaSkinzFan
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Redskins

Eagles- Desean Jackson...McNabb had some nice chemistry with jackson and santana moss isnt nearly as explosive as a young jackson is. I'd take Desean Jackson from the Eagles for a playmaker on offense

Cowboys- we could use another solid cover corner to pair with hall and rogers...terrence newman.

Giants - Brandon Jacobs

DoughBoy
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Redskins

Eagles- Desean Jackson...McNabb had some nice chemistry with jackson and santana moss isnt nearly as explosive as a young jackson is. I'd take Desean Jackson from the Eagles for a playmaker on offense

Cowboys- we could use another solid cover corner to pair with hall and rogers...terrence newman.

Giants - Brandon Jacobs

Terrence Newman......... ?

:/

dj825
07-23-2010, 09:58 PM
The odds of either actually being better than Drew Brees are just staggering though. Ellis might help your defense out a bit and win you maybe a game or two more but Brees could take you from a .500 or worse team into a legit contender with that run game to help.

All just speculative though...I was just wanted to say that I don't think I'd pass on Brees in your spot.

I definitely see your point, and had we not used a second round pick on a QB id take Brees in a instant but we did and id hate to see that go waste. It probably would be smarter to just take the sure thing in Brees rather than hope Clausen or Moore develop but i just have a good feeling about one of them.

dannyz
07-23-2010, 11:55 PM
The Vikings

Packers - Aaron Rodgers Replace Favre again.
Lions - Calvin Johnson Go with AP,Rodges,Rice.
Bears - Julius Peppers Allen,Williams Wall,Peppers.

Monomach
07-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Green Bay: Nick Collins. Yeah, he's pretty good.
Minnesota: Jared Allen. Allen + Peppers = enough pressure for the Tampa 2 to actually work.
Detroit: Megatron. That alone would open up the run game.

If only Steve Hutchinson were a few years younger...
I admit, I thought about Bulaga for a bit.

RufusMcDaniel
07-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Manning and AJ are givens for the Titans. With Jacksonville, it seems like most positions I like for them, we are good at. Jones-Drew may be too good to pass up though, their young tackles would be great if we didn't have Roos and Stewart.

But, I'll try and go a different direction, so I would take Peyton Manning, Mario Williams and Mike Sims-Walker. I couldn't pass on Manning though.

prock
07-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Lance Briggs, Aaron Rodgers, and Suh. I thought about going Stafford and Nick Collins, but that would be silly.

Shahin
07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Nick Collins is a beast. I'm surprised all these GB folks aren't taking Julius Peppers from CHI

vikes_28
07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
whoever said Jared Allen as an OLB in the 3-4 is an idiot.

Anyways

Chi: Lance Briggs (Urlacher if he was younger)
Det: Louis Delmas
GB: BJ Raji, Sold nose would be nice.

prock
07-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Raiders

No Tim Tebow??????????????????????????

prock
07-24-2010, 12:45 AM

Anyways

Chi: Lance Briggs (Urlacher if he was younger)
Det: Louis Delmas
GB: BJ Raji, Sold nose would be nice.

There are 3 young, high potential quarterbacks in our division and you took neither? Come on, mang.

AntoinCD
07-24-2010, 02:51 AM
For the Patriots:

NYJ;

Really the easy pick here would be to take Darrelle Revis but for the style of defense the Patriots play he would be a real luxury, plus I really like what the Patriots have at CB right now. I think I would take D'Brickashaw Ferguson to play LT and give the Patriots one of the best OT tandems in him and Vollmer.

Miami;

This pick comes down to two possible players. I would think about maybe taking Kendall Langford to play DE but ultimately I couldn't not take Brandon Marshall to play opposite of Randy Moss. A WR trio of Moss, Marshall and Welker would be pretty good.

Buffalo;

I really don't like doing this as the guy has never taken a snap in the NFL but I would have to take CJ Spiller. The few good players Buffalo have seem to be at positions the Patriots are strong. If I wasn't going to take Revis I wouldn't take any Buffalo CB, the Patriots are really deep at safety, I have them taking Brandon Marshall so Lee Evans is out. Really Spiller is the only option.

UKfan
07-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Hmm for the Colts I am thinking

Titans - CJ2K (Roos is the logical pick, but our passing game plus CJ2K would be immense!)
Jags - Eugene Monroe
Texans - Cushing (Though can you imagine Andre Johnson, Peyton, CJ2K, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark...)

Splat
07-24-2010, 08:34 AM

I think he could do it he might have trouble covering but would still be a beast rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

thenewfeature06
07-24-2010, 10:07 AM
No Tim Tebow??????????????????????????

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeea no. What would he do if I had Rivers lol.

AntoinCD
07-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeea no. What would he do if I had Rivers lol.

Exactly what he's gonna do for Denver...warm the bench

ryno626
07-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Jets - Nick Mangold
Dolphins - Jake Long
Bills - CJ Spiller

There's a beast of an oline: Long, Mankins, Mangold and Vollmer. I'd kick Kazcur in at guard

CLong4Heisman
07-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Pats- Logan Mankins
Bills- Brian Moorman
Dolphins- Ronnie Brown

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers - Troy Polamalu - Pair him with Reed and it's just unreal.

Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Joseph - Gives us a lockdown corner. Much needed.

Cleveland Browns - Eric Wright - Wright, Joseph, Foxworth, Webb and Washington with Troy and Ed at safety would easily give us the best defensive backfield in the league.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
07-24-2010, 11:16 AM
CHIEFS

Chargers - Philip Rivers. He may be a dork and a jerk, but he's an upgrade over Matt Cassel

Raiders - This is a tough choice between McClain and Asomugha. One one hand McClain is young but untested at MLB and Asmugha is awesome, but he's been playing for awhile already. Give me Rolando McClain.

Broncos - This one is easy, Elvis Dumervil. We have lacked a pass rush since trading Jared Allen. Elvis opposite Hali makes for a good pass rush tandem.

tjsunstein
07-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Packers:

Bears: Julius Peppers. Nothing else appeals to me.
Lions: Calvin Johnson. Easy.
Vikings: Adrian Peterson. Thought about Hutchinson and Kevin Williams.

datchapin
07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
For the Texans I would rescue P. Manning, I mean really this is more for my mental health than anything. Every yr. I see this dude twice a yr. with a laser rocket arm dismantling my team. From the Jags, I would probably say Mathis, he'd be our #1 CB, and help us with coverage and pressure. From the Titans..... I wouldn't rescue anybody.... they can all burn for all I care.... in a nice way.

JFLO
07-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers

Detroit Lions - Calvin Johnson

Chicago Bears - Lance Briggs?

The team still needs interior line help, but there's not really any worth taking.

BeerBaron
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
The team still needs interior line help, but there's not really any worth taking.

Isn't our division terrible for that? Every team has sucky interior lineman with the exception of Hutch who is older.

wicket
07-24-2010, 12:39 PM
for the Saints:

from Carolina: Jordan Gross, it almost feels wrong taking an offensive player but another great player on the OLine doesnt hurt for sure and the guy is a baller.

from Tampa Bay: Barrett Ruud, would finish pimp out our linebacking corps. wed play him at WLB prolly

from Atlanta: John Abraham, why does noone in our division have decent defensive tackles, dammit

vidae
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
For the Chiefs:

Raiders: Aso would be great, but I'm taking McClain. I'm still on his bandwagon hardcore. Too bad he's a Raider. :\

Broncos: Dumervil. We need a terror off the edge.

Chargers: I can't stand him but I'll go with Rivers. Ugh. Brb, need to take a shower.

edit: I just realized I have the same list as King Carl! Oops!

OSUGiants17
07-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Eagles- Tough choice, either DeSean Jackson or Asante Samuel. Im gonna go with DeSean Jackson.

Redskins- London Fletcher-Baker to give us a solid ILB

Cowboys- Mike Jenkins

QB- Eli
RB- Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown
FB- Hedgecock
WR- Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks
WR- DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham
TE- Kevin Boss
Oline- Same as now

Dline- Same as now
OLB- Sintim
ILB- Fletcher-Baker, Goff, Dillard
OLB- Boley
CB- Webster
FS- Phillips
SS- Rolle, Aaron Ross
CB- Jenkins
NB- TT

Michigan
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Isn't our division terrible for that? Every team has sucky interior lineman with the exception of Hutch who is older.

http://www.seahawks.com/assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/players/2009/sims-rob/091105sims450.jpg

Rob Sims is a Lion now. :D

Don Vito
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
For the Pats...

Jets: Revis
Dolphins: Jake Long
Bills: Spiller

Those would be some incredibly sexy additions. Ferguson or Mangold would be nice from the Jets too, but I'd rather take Jake Long from Miami and swipe the best corner in football away from our rival. Spiller would be a sweet addition as a home run threat that we need.

lowlife
07-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Saints, Drew. Like Free's potential, love Brees' production.
alt: Jahri Evans. LG is a weak spot, Zuttah isn't the answer.

Carolina, DeAngelo Williams. Carnell can't carry a team with two busted knees.
alt: Jon Beason. 2nd best ILB in the league. Ruud is overrated.

Atlanta, Roddy White. Like our young guys, but Roddy's a true #1.
alt: John Abraham. Still searching for a true edge rusher off the right side.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Eagles- Tough choice, either DeSean Jackson or Asante Samuel. Im gonna go with DeSean Jackson.

Redskins- London Fletcher-Baker to give us a solid ILB

Cowboys- Mike Jenkins

QB- Eli
RB- Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown
FB- Hedgecock
WR- Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks
WR- DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham
TE- Kevin Boss
Oline- Same as now

Dline- Same as now
OLB- Sintim
ILB- Fletcher-Baker, Goff, Dillard
OLB- Boley
CB- Webster
FS- Phillips
SS- Rolle, Aaron Ross
CB- Jenkins
NB- TT

No Jason Witten?

AkiliSmith
07-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Bengals

Steelers - Troy Polamalu
Ravens - Haloti Ngata
Browns - Joe Thomas

lowlife
07-24-2010, 02:16 PM
for the Saints:

from Carolina: Jordan Gross, it almost feels wrong taking an offensive player but another great player on the OLine doesnt hurt for sure and the guy is a baller.

from Tampa Bay: Barrett Ruud, would finish pimp out our linebacking corps. wed play him at WLB prolly

from Atlanta: John Abraham, why does noone in our division have decent defensive tackles, dammit

Babineaux's pretty good. Best in the division.

Sniper
07-24-2010, 02:42 PM
New York Giants- CB Terrell Thomas
Dallas Cowboys- CB Mike Jenkins. I'm only taking him ahead of DeMarcus Ware because Washington doesn't have any corners that I would take.
Washington Redskins- DE/LB Brian Orakpo

Sniper
07-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Eagles- Tough choice, either DeSean Jackson or Asante Samuel.

How the hell is that a tough choice?

phlysac
07-24-2010, 02:57 PM
49ers

St. Louis Rams - WR/RS - Marshawn Gilyard - His abilities as a receiver, I feel, would fit perfectly amongst Crabtree, Morgan, and Ginn. The team cannot have enough able bodies to return kicks/punts and Gilyard has displayed explosive ability in that area. Best case scenario is that Kyle Williams will become this type of player.

Seattle Seahawks - CB - Earl Thomas - I was open about my love for Thomas prior to the 2010 Draft. With that said, I am not upset with what the future safety play may look like in San Francisco with the likes of Dashon Goldson, Taylor Mays, Curtis Taylor, and Reggie Smith. I feel that Thomas could see significant time immediately for the 49ers as a Nickle and Dime DB and I believe he could be an asset to the team at CB. I feel his skill set would translate nicely to CB within the 49ers scheme.

Arizona Cardinals - DE - Darnell Dockett - Although it would involve utilizing Dockett as a 3-4 DE, I believe that he would be a monster at the position. 49er DC Greg Manusky's wish for "mirroring" on the left and right sides of the field would be magnified when pairing Dockett's abilities opposite Justin Smith.

DeepThreat
07-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Although it would involve utilizing Dockett as a 3-4 DE, I believe that he would be a monster at the position. .

Dockett is already a 3-4 end.

For the Browns:

Baltimore Ravens: Joe Flacco - As much as I would love to take Ngata here, the Browns are desperate for a QB, and I'm a big Flacco fan.

Pittsburgh Steelers: LaMarr Woodley - Beast.

Cincinnati Bengals: Andrew Whitworth - This one was tough. I considered Andre Smith and Peko, but Peko would be in a different defensive scheme, and Smith is unproven at best. Whitworth could jump in at right tackle allowing Pashos to move to right guard, solidifying two positions.

Brent
07-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Seattle: Max Unger - Eric Heitmann is old.

St Louis: Chris Long - pairing him with Justin Smith on our line would be awesome.

Arizona: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Paired with Shawntae Spencer, that would be awesome.

phlysac
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Dockett is already a 3-4 end.

The Cardinals utilize a much more hybrid scheme than the 49ers.

CJSchneider
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
For the Saints

Carolina - Jon Beason: I have a feeling it is going to be a long year watching Jo-lonn Dunbar start.

Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy: He would be great lining up next to Sedric Ellis.

Atlanta - Roddy White: Brees would have 5000 yards and 50 TD's passing every year

DeepThreat
07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
The Cardinals utilize a much more hybrid scheme than the 49ers.

They really don't. They utilize a one gap 3-4 similar to the Steelers. I don't watch a ton of the 49ers, but the Cardinals more or less run a pure 3-4 with Dockett and Campbell at the ends.

SaintsMan
07-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Carolina - LB, Jon Beason
Tampa Bay - DT, Gerold McCoy
Atlanta - RB, Michael Turner

King Carls 5 Year Plan
07-24-2010, 09:34 PM
For the Chiefs:

Raiders: Aso would be great, but I'm taking McClain. I'm still on his bandwagon hardcore. Too bad he's a Raider. :\

Broncos: Dumervil. We need a terror off the edge.

Chargers: I can't stand him but I'll go with Rivers. Ugh. Brb, need to take a shower.

edit: I just realized I have the same list as King Carl! Oops!

Great minds think alike. All that means is we know the holes in our team and which division foes would best fix them.

McBain
07-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Giants - Eli Manning

Eagles - Kevin Kolb

Cowboys - Tony Romo

What will they do without their starting QBs? Muhahaha! The division is ours.

Shiver
07-25-2010, 05:15 PM
for the Saints:

Babineaux's pretty good. Best in the division.

Thank you. Jonathan Babineaux is so much better than John Abraham at this point in their careers it isn't even funny.

For Atlanta:

DeAngelo Williams
Will Smith
Aqib Talib

On defense we really need another corner and a pass rushing DE. If we had Talib and Smith we would have a top-10 defense, easily. Williams is great and with Turner in a rotation we would steam-roll opponents.

wicket
07-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Giants - Eli Manning

Eagles - Kevin Kolb

Cowboys - Tony Romo

when you pick well youll win your divisino regardless and this way you hardly improve your chances in the playoffs

TACKLE
07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Steelers - Troy Polamalu
Bengals - Jonathan Joseph
Browns - Alex Mack

superman8456
07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Giants - Eli Manning

Eagles - Kevin Kolb

Cowboys - Tony Romo

Why would give Mike Vick the opportunity to become the starter?

Paranoidmoonduck
07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Hrm, for Oakland I'd like Philip Rivers from the Chargers, Brandon Flowers from the Chiefs, and Ryan Clady from the Broncos.

Honorable mentions would be Vinceny Jackson, Jamaal Charles, and Elvis Dumervil.

Bengalsrocket
07-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Ravens - I want Oher, but I'm about to take Joe Thomas from the Browns so my next move would be to grab Ray Rice. Benson got into some trouble recently and even with him I'm not sure that I love our running back situation. Haloti Ngata might have been the wiser pick here, but Ray Rice is so much more fun :)

Browns - Joe Thomas. I'll move Whitworth back to guard and put Andre Smith at RT.

Steelers - Can't argue with everyone in the division grabbing Troy. He's not only an upgrade for everyone in the division, but also everyone in the league.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Chargers- Phil Rivers. One of the best QBs in the league, we could use someone like that until Tebow is ready to take over the universe.

Raiders- Asomugah. Best player, possibly only good player on that team, helps the secondary and lets Champ not have to be the #1 anymore.

Chiefs- Jamaal Charles. A very good runningback because we just have Slowshon.

McBain
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
when you pick well youll win your divisino regardless and this way you hardly improve your chances in the playoffs

I think your argument is that had i picked a player more valuable than the qb than i would be more of a wnner. What position is more important than qb? The only one i even had to battle with was demarcus ware vs romo the rest were easily the qb imo. If you don't agree you're wrong, i hate your family.

Rosebud
07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
New York Giants

Washington Redskins - Albert Haynesworth, NT
DT is a position we need much better play at. Canty being healthy is a great start, Joseph looks like a future monster, Alford is a good rotational guy and TUck moves inside on passing downs, but Fat Al would really turn our DL into a dominant and terrifying force. Our OL needs some re-stocking, but Trent Williams isn't that impressive and they don't have a leet Center that we need most of all. So we go with DT our second biggest need.

Philadelphia Eagles - Brent Celek, TE
Boss is a great guy to have but adding Celek would give us a great duo at TE to really give Eli a scary set of weapons to go to town on teams' with. Not that into their LB, S or OL so we go for the weapon that'll help us most of all.

Dallas Cowboys - Leonard Davis or Andre Gurode, OL
Our OL would be quite monsterous with Beatty - Davis - O'Haire - Snee - Diehl or Beatty - Diehl - Gurode - Snee - Whimper

SuperMcGee
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
For my Bills

New England - Tom Brady - probably one of the oldest guys mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't matter one bit right here. A quarterback! Can't bring myself to consider Wilfork, though a well-above-capable NT would be nice.

Miami - Jake Long - And a tackle, too? What luxury be this? I would love, love, love to have Brandon Marshall here. The big receiver that I can only dream of. Marshall + Evans would be greatness for a team that doesn't have much else at the position. While Marshall plays a special game in my mind, I stick with the young bookend on this one.

New York Jets - David Harris - Stud ILB completes my Michigan trio and gives us a top player in our new defense. One of my favorite players who just happens to be on my least favorite team. Rescued. D'Brick and Mangold could help the line, and Revis on pure studliness would also work.

Saints-Tigers
07-26-2010, 05:17 AM
For the Saints I steal:

Panthers: Jordan Gross

I want that monster tackle back, power our run game, and protect Brees. Can play both sides, which is a big plus.

Tamba Bay: Gerald McCoy

Oh yea, put him on our D-line with Ellis and Smith.

Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon

Not in love with most of their players but Turner/White/Gonzalez, and we need help at LB way more than at any of those skill spots.

fenikz
07-26-2010, 05:29 AM
49ers
Arizona Cardinals - DE - Darnell Dockett - Although it would involve utilizing Dockett as a 3-4 DE, I believe that he would be a monster at the position. 49er DC Greg Manusky's wish for "mirroring" on the left and right sides of the field would be magnified when pairing Dockett's abilities opposite Justin Smith.

he plays DE right now, we have been running a 3-4 for 3 years now, basically Pittsburgh's 1 gap scheme

RDE Dockett
NT Williams/Robinson
LDE Campbell

K Train
07-26-2010, 07:19 AM
for the steelers im taking haloti ngata, joe thomas, and jonathan joseph....its not even close

killxswitch
07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
For the Colts -

Titans - Michael Roos, we need OL help. CJ2K and Tony Brown were possibilities.
Jags - MJD, how could I not pick him? Considered Monroe here.
Texans - Several possibilities here. Cush but the roid thing sucks, Super Mario but we already have Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes. It would come down to either Andre Johnson or Amobi Okoye. Yes AJ is the better player overall. Manning to AJ would be epic. But we already have a really good group of receivers, Okoye is improving, he's still very young, and fits the type of UT we've needed for a long time in Indy.

K Train
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
hasnt okoye been borderline terrible?

tjsunstein
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
How the hell is that a tough choice?
It's a dilemna stat watchers have.

Sniper
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
For my Bills

New England - Tom Brady - probably one of the oldest guys mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't matter one bit right here. A quarterback! Can't bring myself to consider Wilfork, though a well-above-capable NT would be nice.

Miami - Jake Long - And a tackle, too? What luxury be this? I would love, love, love to have Brandon Marshall here. The big receiver that I can only dream of. Marshall + Evans would be greatness for a team that doesn't have much else at the position. While Marshall plays a special game in my mind, I stick with the young bookend on this one.

New York Jets - David Harris - Stud ILB completes my Michigan trio and gives us a top player in our new defense. One of my favorite players who just happens to be on my least favorite team. Rescued. D'Brick and Mangold could help the line, and Revis on pure studliness would also work.

If I could rep this a million times, I would. Instead, here's a present.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F5IUlVY4-C8/TCK0zeyvE0I/AAAAAAAAAH0/Nqi-d9D8PaU/s1600/tyler_myers_display_image.jpg

killxswitch
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM

As a one gap penetrator he could be great. The Texans haven't used him the right way IMO.

McBain
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you. Jonathan Babineaux is so much better than John Abraham at this point in their careers it isn't even funny.

It's lines like this that lend credence to the rumor Shiver and NJX are the same person. '

Rivers Cuomo and Paul McCartney are dead!

TheBoyWonder22
07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Alright NYJ

New England: Gotta say Mankins just due to how Ducasse has NO NFL experience and Mankins is one of the best LG's in the league

Buffalo: Ha toughie. I'll say Jarius Byrd to help out our Ball-hawkin secondary.

Miami: This one was actually pretty difficult. It came down to Brandon Marshall and Kendall Langford, but I'm gonna have to say Langford. He gives us a huge upgrade opposite Ellis and as good as Marshall is, it's a much bigger need.

datchapin
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Yes, he's hovering between terrible and awful. J/K

phlysac
07-27-2010, 05:15 PM
he plays DE right now, we have been running a 3-4 for 3 years now, basically Pittsburgh's 1 gap scheme

RDE Dockett
NT Williams/Robinson
LDE Campbell

I'm not trying to be argumentative because I'm unsure of my accuaracy but I'm confused as to some symantics.

I thought the Cardinals still employed alot of base 5-2?

I thought the Steelers ran a zone-gap LeBeau 3-4 which is different from the classic 2-gap ran by the Patriots and the Phillips 1-gap ran by the Cowboys?

Dam8610
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
My pick for the Colts:

Titans: LT Michael Roos - No brainer, get one of the best LTs in the NFL to protect the best QB in the NFL
Texans: WR Andre Johnson - This was a tough call, Cushing would also be of great use, as would Owen Daniels, and Mario Williams could always be tried out at UT, but teaming Andre Johnson with Reggie Wayne (again) would make the Colts nearly impossible to stop through the air.
Jaguars: LB Justin Durant - He could play any of the 3 LB positions for the Colts pretty well, probably would take the SLB spot alongside Brackett and Session.

wicket
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I think your argument is that had i picked a player more valuable than the qb than i would be more of a wnner. What position is more important than qb? The only one i even had to battle with was demarcus ware vs romo the rest were easily the qb imo. If you don't agree you're wrong, i hate your family.

i dont think a position is more important than qb, my point is that when you pick the three best players off the other teams THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY use you will win the division anyway. add ware, jackson and tuck or something and you will not only win the division you will have a team that is geatly improved in the playoffs instead of just sabotaging other teams in your division you can both improve your own team and sabotage them at the same time.

LonghornsLegend
07-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Funny thing is his rookie season started off so damn promising at only 20 years old, he was looked at to have a crazy high ceiling/potential and he looked like he was well ahead of schedule.

I don't know what's been happening lately, but he seemed like the guy teamed with Mario that could have transformed that defense. Cushing looks like a stud, but if Okoye was playing up to a pro bowl level at this point that defense could be twice as good.