PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next Micheal Vick comperison ?

49erNation85
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Is it too early to tell from our rookie QB s to tell which of the two between Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow to be the next Vick comparison as in abilities to be a scrambler QB / passer a like.I now Tebow is looking to be a premier pocket passer but will he rise into a scrambler like Vick did in his prime .
Or will we see the good ole boy Colt McCoy take the plunged.McCoy and Tebow both have the passing ability IMO to be good QB s in future years. SO what do you guys think about this idea .. Lets all keep the hate aside since I know people will try and come in and do it . Lets here some good in both QB s ..

descendency
07-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Mike Vick could run a 4.3 40. He could out run Tebow and McCoy while being buried up to his head in water.

Having said that, Both are better passers than Vick. So the comparison is stupid.

A potential possibility is Jake Locker, who reportedly ran a 4.39 at UW. However, I think he'll run closer to 4.55 at the combine.

CLong4Heisman
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Neither.
Robert Griffin of baylor will be the next realistic comparison.

Brent
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Robert Griffin of baylor will be the next realistic comparison.
First, he has to show that he healed after his torn ACL. Second, he has to carry that team to a better record than his only full season.

Also, the delusion that McCoy is a future star in this league is hilarious.

Shahin
07-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Is it too early to tell from our rookie QB s to tell which of the two between Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow to be the next Vick comparison as in abilities to be a scrambler QB / passer a like.I now Tebow is looking to be a premier pocket passer but will he rise into a scrambler like Vick did in his prime .
Or will we see the good ole boy Colt McCoy take the plunged.McCoy and Tebow both have the passing ability IMO to be good QB s in future years. SO what do you guys think about this idea .. Lets all keep the hate aside since I know people will try and come in and do it . Lets here some good in both QB s ..

lol you turd.

Splat
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm actually one of the few people on this board that likes Tebow but the comparison to Vick is way off.

Bengals78
07-24-2010, 05:13 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/08/01/PH2007080100569.jpg

DoughBoy
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Obvious choice is obvious.

http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2009/12/21/122109webapmtsuwins_t300.jpg

Philliez01
07-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Mike Vick could run a 4.3 40. He could out run Tebow and McCoy while being buried up to his head in water.

Yeah but if we are bringing water into this, if the race was on water? Easy Tebow win.

I like Tebow a lot actually too. I am realistic about his success though. But of all the QBs to compare him to, Vick is one of the last ones. Similar in maybe they aren't conventional QBs but that's about it.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah but if we are bringing water into this, if the race was on water? Easy Tebow win.

I like Tebow a lot actually too. I am realistic about his success though. But of all the QBs to compare him to, Vick is one of the last ones. Similar in maybe they aren't conventional QBs but that's about it.

Truth everybody knows Jesus can walk on water....and black people can't win j/k

Vikes99ej
07-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Truth everybody knows Jesus can walk on water....and black people not named McNair or McNabb can't win

Fixed for you.

J-Mike88
07-24-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought Pat White was gonna be the closest guy to Vick's skillset in the NFL.
Where is he now? Not even running the Fishes Wildcat?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Fixed for you.

D'oh...i meant to put swim. Idk where i got win from.

descendency
07-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Fixed for you.

You forgot Warren Moon.

Vikes99ej
07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
You forgot Warren Moon.

Haha crackhead.. no.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
07-24-2010, 09:30 PM
am I the only one that thinks Terrelle Pryor is the closest to Vick? Super strong arm, very fast outside the pocket with great elusiveness and going to get a shot at the top of the draft to play QB in the NFL. I think Pryor has had alot more hype than Vick had to deal with at a much younger age, but he seems to be in the Vick mold.

Brent
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
am I the only one that thinks Terrelle Pryor is the closest to Vick? Super strong arm, very fast outside the pocket with great elusiveness and going to get a shot at the top of the draft to play QB in the NFL. I think Pryor has had alot more hype than Vick had to deal with at a much younger age, but he seems to be in the Vick mold.
but Pryor can throw a spiral

katnip
07-24-2010, 09:47 PM
First, he has to show that he healed after his torn ACL. Second, he has to carry that team to a better record than his only full season.

Also, the delusion that McCoy is a future star in this league is hilarious.

I was gonna say Robert Griffin but then you reminded me of that acl

Brent
07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I was gonna say Robert Griffin but then you reminded me of that acl
I follow the Big XII closely. Other conferences? Not so much.

Also, gig 'em Aggies.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
but Pryor can throw a spiral

Can or can't? Because Vick's problem was never the spiral, it's just that the ball would spiral in a direction that no offensive player was.

CashmoneyDrew
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Obvious choice is obvious.

http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2009/12/21/122109webapmtsuwins_t300.jpg

I once was blind. Dwight Dasher threw a lazer-rocket pass into my head and now I see.

descendency
07-24-2010, 11:21 PM

Pryor isn't that athletic. Vick was a freak. Pryor is extremely good, but he's not Mike Vick.

Mike Vick could have gotten away from Brandon Graham.

WMD
07-24-2010, 11:53 PM
if Denard Robinson ever learns to throw a football, it could be him!

Sniper
07-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Mike Vick could have gotten away from Brandon Graham.

Lies. Nobody escapes Brandon Graham's wrath.

derza222
07-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Tons of people will get the comparison, but odds are we don't see another player like Vick. Guys come and go, Reggie McNeal got the comparison from some but it turned out he couldn't play QB and he got drafted in like the 6th round to play WR for the Bengals, but nobody really makes it in the NFL. Vick had a cannon and wheels, which some guys have, but while he wasn't a super accurate NFL QB most guys with that skill set aren't accurate enough to make it work. He was a really rare player. Plus NFL QB's really have to play in the pocket anyway, something he had trouble learning, so scramblers are always going to have an uphill battle unless (and sometimes even if) they're they're really, really special talents.

Brent
07-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Can or can't? Because Vick's problem was never the spiral, it's just that the ball would spiral in a direction that no offensive player was.
I mean can't

vikes_28
07-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I am going to say Pryor

Shiver
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Did someone really say Tim Tebow is a better passer than Michael Vick?

hahahahahahahahaha

kalbears13
07-25-2010, 02:52 PM
If the question is "Will any other player change the way the Madden franchise is played as much as Michael Vick?" then the answer is no.