PDA

View Full Version : SBH15 Dynasty League

sbh15
07-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I've discussed this idea a little more at length in other threads, and I think I've worked it out enough to start gauging interest. The concept is basically to make the league like an actual football league, in fantasy terms a dynasty league. I'll try to make it as clear as I possibly can how exactly this thing will work. Let's go with the basics first, though...

- 12 Teams
- Auction Draft ($200 budget)

Team Format
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 OP (any offensive position)
1 D/ST
1 K
8 Bench
(IR spots?)
----------
16 Total (avg $12.5/player)

Scoring System
1 point per 25 passing yards (.2 point for 5 yards)
-2 points per interception
1 point per 10 rushing/receiving yards (.1 point for 1 yard)
-2 points per lost fumble
4 points per passing touchdown
6 points per rushing/receiving touchdown
1 point per reception
Bonuses for plays of 40+ or 50+ yards (exact values TBD)
Everything else will most likely be pretty standard

On to the what I'm hoping will make this league unique...

***READ THIS***
For reference: a player's salary after the inaugural draft is equal to ten percent of their previous season's point total, rounded to the nearest integer. For example, let's say Chris Johnson scored 352 fantasy points in the previous season. His team can resign him for one season at a minimum of $35.2 (352*.10 = 35.2 ~ 35). If the team chooses not to resign the the player, then he enters free agency. The bidding will start at $5 less than his minimum resign value (in this case, that number would be $30). A player can be signed for any number of extra years, but the value of the contract will gradually increase (so every contract will be backloaded). I haven't really decided how much to add per additional contract year, but it can be discussed.

After the Inaugural Draft
So after the first draft (we'll decide on a time later), every player will be getting "paid" as much money as they were bought for in the draft. Each of those "contracts" will be for one year. At the end of the season each of those players will be eligible for free agency. That much is pretty simple.

The Off-Season
After each season, a players minimum salary will be recalculated based on the formula from earlier. If the team that owned the player in the previous season elects not to re-sign him, then he'll go into free agency. During free agency, the player will go to the highest bidder unless we can figure out some kind of way to determine a "preference". The player can be signed for any number of years (also see above). Apart from that, there will be a rookie draft each year, probably two rounds. I'm thinking that each spot will have a slotted value, but you can choose to give up your pick in favor of holding on to some of the players on your current roster.

Roster Moves
The waiver stuff will be pretty standard, the teams at the bottom of the league will have first dibs on their players, claims will probably have to be submitted outside of the league because players on the waiver wire will still need to be paid salaries. The salary of any cut player comes off of the books immediately. Players on the waiver wire will either have salaries fluctuating based on a week to week output (points per week*15*.10) or just be a set value based on the previous season.

I think that's about it.

*There was another idea I had of guaranteed money in contracts where if you cut a player, you still owe him that money, meaning it doesn't come off the books. However, you can use it to your advantage as more guaranteed money will increase your chances to sign the player.

Alright. I guess all that's left is signups. And it's not first come, first serve. I'm going to give the more reputable members spots before more questionable guys, although if you provide valuable input on some changes or features that could be put in, I'll look pretty favorably upon that.

1. sbh15
2. tjsunstein

sbh15
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Here's the full scoring system, if anyone is interested...

http://a.imageshack.us/img130/1950/picvh.png

tjsunstein
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Count me in.

TheBoyWonder22
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm down. I always wanted to be in a dynasty league.

freebirdsrams02
07-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Sounds good to me. I would like to be in this.

sbh15
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
sorry i forgot to ask for e-mails so i can send invites

TheBoyWonder22
07-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Wait, so would the IR spots be used like a DL? Example: Dwayne Bowe's out 6 weeks but I'm worried someone will pick him up later in the season. Would the spots cover longterm injury or just an actual member of the injured reserve?

sbh15
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Wait, so would the IR spots be used like a DL? Example: Dwayne Bowe's out 6 weeks but I'm worried someone will pick him up later in the season. Would the spots cover longterm injury or just an actual member of the injured reserve?

yeah, any player ruled out (w/ an O by their name) is eligible for the ir spot.

so yeah, in that situation even if bowe is out for one week, you can stash him on the ir and pick up a new player, cap space permitting.

tjsunstein
07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
tjsunstein@yahoo.com

TheBoyWonder22
07-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Oh, alright. Ha I was gonna say just forget it if IR was meant literally, thanks for the clarification.

sbh15
08-01-2010, 10:57 AM
alright since nobody is really interested in this would anyone just be interested in a 16-20 team dynasty league?