PDA

View Full Version : Your top three rival games you like watching.

Ness
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
With football season around the corner, I'd like to get some people's thoughts about the most interesting rival games they like watching every year (or most years depending on the matchups). Here are my top three to kick it off:

1. Patriots/Colts
2. Ravens/Bengals
3. 49ers/Cardinals

703SKINS202
07-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Mines pretty much the same.

1. Redskins/Cowboys
2. Pats/Colts
3. Bengals/Ravens(almost every game in that division is fun to watch.)

Brent
07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
49ers/Cards
49ers/Rams
49ers/Seahawks

Malaka
07-27-2010, 12:43 AM
1. Giants/Cowboys (Always my favorite two games of the year.)

2. Patriots/Colts (This one is always a great game, two HoFs going at it.)

3. Ravens/Steelers (Tough, hard-nosed, defensive football, though it might be as good as usual with the Steelers seemingly on the decline this game is still fun to watch.)

Hurricanes25
07-27-2010, 12:44 AM
1. Any NFC EAST game.
2. Jets/Dolphins
3. Colts/Patriots

Mr.Regular
07-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Maybe Im just a homer, but its hard to imagine any rivalry even coming close touching Pack/Vikings right now. It was already one of the most heated rivalries in the game but the Favre factor made it absolutely ridiculous. Minnesota vaulted way ahead of the Bears in the team most hated by Cheeseheads category.

Other than Packers rivalry games though my fave is probably Steelers/Ravens then Pats/Colts.

vidae
07-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Chiefs vs Raiders
Chiefs vs Broncos
Chiefs vs Chargers

edit: oh damnit Brent. You sly goose you.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 01:16 AM
1. Bengals/Steelers - I root: Bengals
2. Bengals/Ravens - Bengals
3. Colts/Patriots - Colts
4. Eagles/Cowboys - Eagles
5. Ravens/Steelers - Typically Baltimore unless the other really benefits my team

fenikz
07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
SF @ AZ
AZ @ SF
Pitt v Bal

M.O.T.H.
07-27-2010, 01:30 AM
I dont know what team I hate more the Giants or Eagles...but those games are always fun. Except when the Eagles were really good and Dallas was always 5-11. Those werent pretty.

I dont ever see the Skins as a threat, so that's normally just another game. Last few years I fully expected Dallas to crush them, but the games were normally close.

Pats/Colts is always great.

edit...

And I absolutely hate AFC North football...so I dont look forward to any of their rivalries.

prock
07-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I agree with Mr. Regular. Maybe I am just being a homer, but seriously, Vikings vs. Packers is completely underrated as a rivalry.

AntoinCD
07-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Patriots vs Colts: This is between the two most consistent teams in the last decade. I used to like it a lot more when Brady really had Manning's number and the Patriots where winning more than they lost. Recently though the games have been really exciting. It also helps that it is pretty much an every year game.

Vikings vs Packers: I like this game more than any game not involving the Patriots. I just hope the Packers offensive line is a bit better this year so I can watch Aaron Rodgers stand up.

Raiders vs Chiefs: I'm not even sure why I like this game so much but the atmosphere at Arrowhead in this game from what I can tell seems amazing. Just hoping both these teams can get better so it will be a better game.

bam bam
07-27-2010, 03:42 AM
And I absolutely hate AFC North football...so I dont look forward to any of their rivalries.

http://420.thrashbarg.net/lol_que.jpg

NO ES POSIBLE

K Train
07-27-2010, 07:22 AM
i like the steelers/ravens, colts/patriots, and cowboys/eagles

Joecool
07-27-2010, 07:28 AM
raiders v 49ers
packers v vikings
colts v ravens

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Ravens/Steelers
Ravens/Bengals
Ravens/Titans

tjsunstein
07-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Packers/Vikings
Colts/Pats
NFC East vs NFC East excluding the Redskins.

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I love NFC East rivalries.

NFC East vs NFC East
Steelers/Ravens
Patriots/Colts

M.O.T.H.
07-27-2010, 09:32 AM
http://420.thrashbarg.net/lol_que.jpg

NO ES POSIBLE

Boring for years. Defensive stalemates and power running.

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Boring for years. Defensive stalemates and power running.

how can you be an NFC East fan and not love smashmouth football?!!

you're a Jersey boy, you're supposed to love smashmouth football!!!!

>=0

princefielder28
07-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Packers/Vikings
Steelers/Ravens
Cowboys/Eagles

Mr. Goosemahn
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
For Steelers:

Steelers/Ravens
Steelers/Chargers
Steelers/Patriots

In General:
Vikings/Packers (Brett's a traitor)
Cowboys/Eagles and Cowboys/Giants (impartial)

and of course...

Patriots vs. Colts (I just can't stand Brady. Terrific player, but I can't stand him)

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 10:39 AM
For the Jags:
Jags/Steelers - A favorite AFC Central rivalry of mine growing up. After switching the divisions up, these two still had a nice run of playing each other every year.

Fred Taylor is a master of running against the 3-4, and I used to love watching him gash the Steelers everytime we played them.

Pats/Colts - Since my team is too ****** to consistently beat the Colts, I have to watch another team do the dirty work. And I love watching them do it. Viva la Brady!

Giants/Cowboys - My dad is a Giants fan, so I grew up watching lots of Big Blue football. This rivalry lost it's luster for awhile in the late 90s/early 2000s when the entire division was just awful, and Philly was able to win it every year by being slightly better than average. But it's come back strong the last few years, and I love it.

Two huge markets with unlimited resources, and two huge, passionate, and (mostly) irrational fanbases. This game is a prime-time must every single season, and it's even better when these teams meet in the playoffs.

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
For the Jags:
Jags/Steelers - A favorite AFC Central rivalry of mine growing up. After switching the divisions up, these two still had a nice run of playing each other every year.

Fred Taylor is a master of running against the 3-4, and I used to love watching him gash the Steelers everytime we played them.

Pats/Colts - Since my team is too ****** to consistently beat the Colts, I have to watch another team do the dirty work. And I love watching them do it. Viva la Brady!

Giants/Cowboys - My dad is a Giants fan, so I grew up watching lots of Big Blue football. This rivalry lost it's luster for awhile in the late 90s/early 2000s when the entire division was just awful, and Philly was able to win it every year by being slightly better than average. But it's come back strong the last few years, and I love it.

Two huge markets with unlimited resources, and two huge, passionate, and (mostly) irrational fanbases. This game is a prime-time must every single season, and it's even better when these teams meet in the playoffs.

When the Jags had Henderson and Stroud, them vs the Steelers were some of my favorite games. If you like hitting, you LOVED those games. Those games were awesome.

As a Giants fan, I obviously love all our East rivalries, but I think the most passionate one is NYG vs Philly for me personally.

I HATE Philadelphia. Everything about em. And Philly for the most part feels the same way. And I think the proximity of the rivals makes for a more interesting hatred. Giants/Philly is always a game I get up for, no matter how bad we are.

They show up to our stadium. We show up to theirs. We fight. We heckle. We see each other at work. I enjoy seeing them cry. I just hate Philadelphia. It's so deep, I won't root for Philly for anything.

Remember that racehorse that was going for the triple crown for Philly awhile back? I even rooted against him. I hate Philadelphia. **** Philly.

And I definitely hate the Eagles.

Brent
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I HATE Philadelphia.
http://itsalwayssunnyinphiladelphia-episodes.download-tvshows.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Its-always-sunny-in-Philadelphia.jpg

what about these guys?

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 10:52 AM
http://itsalwayssunnyinphiladelphia-episodes.download-tvshows.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Its-always-sunny-in-Philadelphia.jpg

what about these guys?

Love the show.

But Mac is my least favorite of the bunch, bc he's actually from Philly.

Michigan
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
1. PIT/BAL (one of the few cases where dominant defense, not bad offense, results in a low score)
2. NE/IND (kinda cooled down lately, but it's hard to beat Manning vs. Brady in the playoffs)
3. GB/MIN (i'm not sure if i'm excited over these games or envious as a lions fan)

Brent
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
3. GB/MIN (i'm not sure if i'm excited over these games or envious as a lions fan)
When I watch NFC North games that aren't including the Lions (I feel for their fans), I wish both teams would lose.

prock
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Vikings vs Packers: I like this game more than any game not involving the Patriots. I just hope the Packers offensive line is a bit better this year so I can watch Aaron Rodgers stand up.

But he looks so good lying on his back!

Bengalsrocket
07-27-2010, 12:26 PM
1) Colts / Patriots - seems to be the most over hyped game every time they play, but still tons of fun. It's always competitive and usually someone interesting happens. Plus it's almost always on Monday night.

2) Steelers / Ravens - I love watching these guys beat the crap out of each other.

3) My obscure pick is: Bengals / Chiefs - We get the Chiefs like 4 out every 5 seasons and I like to talk trash to Vidae when we win. Also, Chad basically guaranteeing a win against them when they were undefeated was fun.

Obviously I love whenever the Bengals play another AFC North team, or when any AFC North team plays another. But I tried not to pick the usual suspects :P

TACKLE
07-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Ravens/Steelers
Ravens/Titans
Patriots/Colts

FUNBUNCHER
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Redskins/Cowboys
Ravens/Steelers
GB/Minnesota

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
07-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Ravens vs Steelers getting a lot of love.

Michigan
07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Ravens vs Steelers getting a lot of love.

That 2008 game where the Steelers won 13-9 on a late Santonio Holmes TD was one of the most memorable games I've ever seen.

kalbears13
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I hate watching any AFC North game that doesn't include the Browns because it's sad knowing both teams can't lose...

CJSchneider
07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Saints vs. Falcons
Saints vs. Cowboys
49ers vs. Cards