PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Lineman Rankings?

JHL6719
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Where are the best places to find the number of sacks, QB hits, QB pressures, penalties, given up and so on for individual offensive lineman?

Michigan
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

This is a good site to find out that Ryan Clady is overrated.

K Train
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
justin hartwig worst center 2 years running!!! can you say 3-peat?

sean mahan was only the 4th worse in 07

saying hartwig gets steamrolled up the middle is an understatment...in 08 he gave up 11 sacks the next highest was 5. in 09 he gave up 7, the next highest was 4. 18 over 2 years by an interior lineman...the next highest was alan faneca with 11, this **** is cracking me up

if hartwig sat out the 2010 season, he could potentially still lead the league in sacks given up the last 3 years...now that cant be easy to do

phlysac
07-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I appreciate the statistical analysis of PFF but their rankings have always made me lul.

themaninblack
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Plus I want to know how they really go about assigning these numbers for sacks given up by an individual player. Unless they somehow have access to the blocking schemes these lines are using, it can be difficult to say who's at fault in different situations.

JHL6719
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Is Winston Justice really as good as those stats say he is at R tacklel?

CC.SD
07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Is Winston Justice really as good as those stats say he is at R tacklel?

No.

*Osi reference

...waiting for backlash...

Timbathia
07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

This is a good site to find out that Ryan Clady is overrated.

Its funny that every expert who has ever watched him play rates him as an elite LT, in particular for his pass blocking, yet this site actually gives him a negative ranking for it in his rookie season. This is in spite of giving up zero sacks in over 600 pass attempts, most of which where in situations when everyone in the stadium knew that Cutler was going to throw the ball deep no matter how long it took for Eddie or Brandon to get open.

Was Matt Light the best LT in the NFL during 2008?

BlindSite
07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Its funny that every expert who has ever watched him play rates him as an elite LT, in particular for his pass blocking, yet this site actually gives him a negative ranking for it in his rookie season. This is in spite of giving up zero sacks in over 600 pass attempts, most of which where in situations when everyone in the stadium knew that Cutler was going to throw the ball deep no matter how long it took for Eddie or Brandon to get open.

Was Matt Light the best LT in the NFL during 2008?

Stat's only tell half the story. Is it really fair to blame an offensive line man for giving up a sack if he keeps the rusher at bay for 6-7 seconds? It helps a little, but they're not condusive to rankings imo.

Timbathia
07-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Stat's only tell half the story. Is it really fair to blame an offensive line man for giving up a sack if he keeps the rusher at bay for 6-7 seconds? It helps a little, but they're not condusive to rankings imo.

I agree - however this site claims that they take into account all of these other factors besides stats to produce their rankings, but I still dont buy the rankings as being particularly good or a firm basis for proving that Ryan Clady is overrated.

stephenson86
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM
well apparently michael roos is a pretty middle of the road tackle....dont buy that