PDA

View Full Version : Owens joins Bengals...

Scotty D
07-27-2010, 04:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/to-picks-the-bengals/

I bet he has better stats than Antonio Bryant at the end of the year.

D-Unit
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
TO and Ocho ... FINALLY ON THE SAME FIELD!!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!

CC.SD
07-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Man, I have run out of Bengals jokes.

PoopSandwich
07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I wish Vick was their starting QB so bad.

K Train
07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
this would have been awesome 5 years ago

thenewfeature06
07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
This could get bad for the Bengals, but it could also get bad for other teams. TO and Ocho even being older should be able to tear up the AFC North corners...

iowatreat54
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Dear god. Imagine if the Bengals were on hard knocks this year and not last...

This is going to be awesome.

Vikes99ej
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
this seems like a dumb move to me.

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Bengals officially became my second favorite team.

Ocho Cinco AND T.O.? Christmas just came early for me and ESPN.

Just think of the endzone celebrations. Think of them.

K Train
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
this doesnt really do much for them...TO is on a rapid decline, hes about half as hard to cover as he used to be. cowboys let him go for a reason, bills didnt mind him walking for a reason...not because he was a huge problem, hes really just a big name and a big body at this point. he still has to be accounted for but im saying he has 3x as many drops this year as TDs which i imagine will be around 6 at most

to me this just says the bengals dont have faith in bryants knee

bantx
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
This is going to be awesome.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Getcha' popcorn ready!

prock
07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh my, I couldn't be happier.

RealityCheck
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
this would have been awesome 5 years ago
This IS awesome.

Splat
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't see where he fits, hard to believe he would play the slot and they gave Antonio Bryant starter money.

themaninblack
07-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I really wanted this to get done I just hope it doesn't mean they are seriously concerned with Bryant's knee. Should be interesting to say the least.

Brent
07-27-2010, 05:15 PM
gebus, Carson has so many targets.

LonghornsLegend
07-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Didn't Antonio Bryant have to workout, or pass a physical or something? lmao@that huge waste of money/signing bonus for a few months. I don't think TO is a terrible signing, regardless of what you think he's the best #2 WR they have and is an upgrade, but I just think it's funny to admit a mistake on Bryant this early into the process.

Shipley and/or Caldwell are both better slot WR's then TO or Bryant so I'm not buying either guy playing there.

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I think Owens' decline is fairly overstated, as well.

His last year in Dallas, he was dealing with Brad ******* Johnson for half the season. He still averaged 15 ypc and scored 10 touchdowns. He also averaged over 15 ypc last season in Buffalo.

When a receiver starts slowing down, YPC is usually the first statistic to drop. TO's is staying steady with his career 14.9 ypc. Get the dude the ball. TO's game has always been based around slants, drags, and gaining big-time yardage after the catch, and I still don't see any DBs in the league who can bring him down consistently.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 05:27 PM
It's a one year solution that will without a doubt make the team better rather than worse. Wait until no one else wants him or will take him then give him a lowball offer. He's still a big play receiver as he showed in flashes in Buffalo. This absolutely gives them more than "nothing" (as a Steelers fan seemed to put it.) The team struggled massively when Chris Henry went down a year ago because they lacked a big-play/vertical/red-zone threat at receiver and in a matter of three months the team has landed Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and Terrell Owens. Mike Brown isn't exactly known as a football mind but he's making a slew of smart picks/pickups in recent years.

Owens is a great fit to a winning team that he really can't do much to disturb the chemistry of. He needs to accept that he's probably not going to catch 50-60 balls this year and I believe having a good friend (Chad) around may help to not only humble him a bit but also keep his mind focused on football during the season. There's a distinct possibility that Owens' stay with the Bengals may be the one he enjoys the most.

He'll likely line up all over the field.. do some time in the slot but primary play wide. With Owens, Chad, Antonio Bryant, Jordan Shipley, and Andre Caldwell on the roster it looks as if the Bengals have one of the league's deepest and most diverse WR corps. Marvin Lewis and the coaching staff have had plenty of success in the past year and a half taking guys like Owens and getting them to buy into the program. This team has a rare edge and now, an unbelievable amount of discounted talent.

I never liked the guy as a person and I've found his hands in recent years to be pretty unreliable, but I think he's found perhaps the only team he could truly turn a new leaf on. I fail to see how this one could blow up in the Bengals' faces because it's clear though they wanted him, they certainly didn't need him. He needs to accept a lesser role, he's not going to be a #1 target in Cincinnati, but I think they find a way to make it work. Like Chad he's an older guy, but again like Chad, he keeps his body in peak condition and has a very limited injury history.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a deeper team in the entire AFC than the Cincinnati Bengals. It's not because of this move, but for the first time in my life I buy the Bengals as a legitimate Super Bowl contender. How the team plays in big games (playoffs) remains to be seen but I love the image this team is being built in and I feel the T.O. signing adds another explosive vertical dimension that the team definitely suffered from a year ago. Before you make fools of yourself, tell your buddies to watch out for Carson Palmer this season because this passing game is back in a big way.

wicket
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Im seriously thinking about picking carson as my fantasy qb if the draft warrants it atm

tjsunstein
07-27-2010, 05:45 PM
This doesn't get me excited like some of you. Two players past their primes keeping their name in the headlines. An overused tactic at this point. Good fit for Owens, considering Cincy was one of the very few who even considered signing him. Lucky for him, they're contenders.

phlysac
07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
It truly is astonishing when you think about the perception of players on their roster (whether deservedly or not) ...

Cedric Benson
Antonio Bryant
Michael Johnson
Tank Johnson
Adam Jones
Matt Jones
Rey Maualuga
Chad Ochocinco
Terrell Owens
Frostee Rucker
Bernard Scott
Andre Smith
Carlos Dunlap

Amazing

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
This doesn't get me excited like some of you. Two players past their primes keeping their name in the headlines. An overused tactic at this point. Good fit for Owens, considering Cincy was one of the very few who even considered signing him. Lucky for him, they're contenders.

I want T.O. to go out with a Superbowl so freakin' bad, just so he can laugh in everyone's face.

Knowing ESPN, though, they'll start fawning over him the minute he wins one (if it happens), talking about how much he overcame and matured as a person, and blah, blah, blah, when they were his biggest antagonizers throughout his career. They'll be his biggest fan.

I ******* hate ESPN. They're beginning to do to Dez Bryant what they've done to T.O. for his entire career: patronizing and antagonizing him just to try and get a rise or reaction for a story.

Splat
07-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Owens is a great fit to a winning team that he really can't do much to disturb the chemistry of.

That's what Cowboys and Eagles fans said to.

LonghornsLegend
07-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Carson Palmer was nothing more then average with Ocho in his prime, Housh, and Chris Henry in the slot. I don't think this WR corps gives me anything to be excited about if were talking about Carson. Dude hasn't done anything to impress me in about 4 years.

He's really only had 2 years that were impressive to me, and it's not like he was dominant in those. This is a running team, and will still continue to be a running team, their not going to rely on Carson to be winning games with his arms. I am expecting under 500 attempts and under 4000 yards again, and would be shocked if he reached 25+ TD's.

He's not a terrible QB by any means, average, he can make clutch plays at times, but there has never been anything to be excited about with him.

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Carson Palmer was nothing more then average with Ocho in his prime, Housh, and Chris Henry in the slot. I don't think this WR corps gives me anything to be excited about if were talking about Carson. Dude hasn't done anything to impress me in about 4 years.

He's really only had 2 years that were impressive to me, and it's not like he was dominant in those. This is a running team, and will still continue to be a running team, their not going to rely on Carson to be winning games with his arms. I am expecting under 500 attempts and under 4000 yards again, and would be shocked if he reached 25+ TD's.

He's not a terrible QB by any means, average, he can make clutch plays at times, but there has never been anything to be excited about with him.

Carson's problem is that he isn't "sudden" enough to be able to work out of anything other than a perfect pocket. He's a rich man's Byron Leftwich in that he's got superb arm strength, can make all the throws, has a leader's mentality, and a great football mind. Problem is that he needs a perfect pocket to work out of, which is a rarity in the NFL.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Except I made a statement neither of them could at the time of their signing/trade... The Bengals wanted T.O., they didn't need him. The team's receiving core was shaping up very nicely before this happened. He's not the player he was when he tore apart Philadelphia and it took him a few years to really do damage in Dallas (chemistry wise.) We're a team of misfits, Owens fits right in... At this point in his career he seems to be open to a role reduction and it's a good thing that the only receiver directly above him (Chad) is a close personal friend.

ViperVisor
07-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Owens could donate his salary to Chris Henry's family and people would crap on him.

I hate that people say he is Meh but then it still has to be a hour to hour story what he is doing. It's one or the other.

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Meh...the "T.O is a team-destroyer" thing is purely media hogwash. There's a reason why the Philly lockerroom was split into T.O. and McNabb factions, and that's because T.O. was right.

He got blamed for destroying SF, but nobody pointed fingers at management, who completely destroyed the 49ers cap and forced them to gut all talent from their roster. They're just now starting to climb out of salary cap purgatory.

He then got blamed for destroying Philly. Why? He signed for them at a bargain price because he really wanted to join their organization, and they promised him more money if he outperformed his deal. He vastly outperformed it. He almost beat the Patriots by himself, on one leg at that (major risk to his career, BTW, but that somehow never gets mentioned). Yet, he "destroyed" the team for calling out his quarterback for puking all over the field during the 4th quarter because he was too hungover and dehydrated from spending the entire week leading up to the Superbowl partying.

In Dallas, he couldn't take a piss without Ed Werder coming out with an exclusive inside scoop about how Terrell Owens' bathroom habits were completely destroying the team. ESPN's already starting to do the same thing to Dez Bryant, because he's an easy target.

The entire "TO/McNabb" fiasco was such ********. It was like Kobe/Shaq all over. The hardest worker in the league gets thrown under the bus because he doesn't play nice with the media. Meanwhile, the overweight and lazy "leader"gets a free pass because he's a media darling.

I mean seriously, how can you side with the guy whose barfing his brains out and can't catch his breath during the god damn Superbowl because he's too hungover to play over the guy who plays on a broken leg, risking his career, and almost beats the other team by himself? How did that happen?

He's probably the most misunderstood person in all of sports. And that's saying something.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Ehhhh, not sure I agree.

Owens does split locker rooms. Whether he was right for doing so or not, he is a man who naturally builds alliances with certain teammates and will almost certainly lessen a quarterback's grip over the team. That's not always a damning thing, but it often is viewed as such by the people who brought Owens in. You don't bring in a wide receiver to take over a locker room, especially if you have or are trying to establish leadership elsewhere.

Is Owens misunderstood? Yeah, there's not much doubt there. None of what he does is malicious. But his effect on a team isn't some manufactured thing and we shouldn't pretend like it is.

That said, I don't think the Bengals will be in trouble. Palmer is the most practiced quarterback in the NFL when it comes to letting his receivers take the attention they feel they need either on the field or in the locker room. He's not going to get thrust into a pissing match like former quarterbacks Owens has played for. Owens issues tend to only really show after his first year and there's little risk with a one year contract.

Now the Bengals are set up well offensively even if Benson takes a step back or they start giving more carries to Scott or whatever happens. Owens can definitely still be productive and I don't think anyone believes that Palmer can't excel again in this league. I like the move, I just won't take a subjective side in the Owens discussion. He makes an impact in the locker room and it's rarely treated as a positive one by his employers.

Brent
07-27-2010, 06:37 PM
He got blamed for destroying SF, but nobody pointed fingers at management, who completely destroyed the 49ers cap and forced them to gut all talent from their roster. They're just now starting to climb out of salary cap purgatory.
Can't back you up on all of this post but I can for most of this. Remember, he did insinuate that Jeff Garcia was ***, despite him being engaged to THIS Playboy Playmate:

http://www.education.makemeheal.com/images/thumb/5/59/Carmella-decesare.jpg/300px-Carmella-decesare.jpg

He almost beat the Patriots by himself, on one leg at that (major risk to his career, BTW, but that somehow never gets mentioned)
the performance he gave in that Super Bowl is so ******* underrated.

In Dallas, he couldn't take a piss without Ed Werder coming out with an exclusive inside scoop about how Terrell Owens' bathroom habits were completely destroying the team. ESPN's already starting to do the same thing to Dez Bryant, because he's an easy target.
I have noticed this as well. It's ******* pathetic and if I were a Cowboys fan, I'd want to shoot every media person who provokes ****. ******* ESPN.

yourfavestoner
07-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Ehhhh, not sure I agree.

Owens does split locker rooms. Whether he was right for doing so or not, he is a man who naturally builds alliances with certain teammates and will almost certainly lessen a quarterback's grip over the team. That's not always a damning thing, but it often is viewed as such by the people who brought Owens in. You don't bring in a wide receiver to take over a locker room, especially if you have or are trying to establish leadership elsewhere.

Is Owens misunderstood? Yeah, there's not much doubt there. None of what he does is malicious. But his effect on a team isn't some manufactured thing and we shouldn't pretend like it is.

That said, I don't think the Bengals will be in trouble. Palmer is the most practiced quarterback in the NFL when it comes to letting his receivers take the attention they feel they need either on the field or in the locker room. He's not going to get thrust into a pissing match like former quarterbacks Owens has played for. Owens issues tend to only really show after his first year and there's little risk with a one year contract.

Now the Bengals are set up well offensively even if Benson takes a step back or they start giving more carries to Scott or whatever happens. Owens can definitely still be productive and I don't think anyone believes that Palmer can't excel again in this league. I like the move, I just won't take a subjective side in the Owens discussion. He makes an impact in the locker room and it's rarely treated as a positive one by his employers.

Here's the thing...I've never, ever been around either a team (playing or coaching) or a workplace environment where everybody got along perfectly and were best-friends-forever-till-death-do-we-part. Dissenssion happens in every lockerroom. It's natural for differences to happen or cliques to form when you have 53 guys working together. The problem occurs when the media is putting cameras and microphones in everyone's face, every single day, asking everyone about it.

regoob2
07-27-2010, 06:52 PM
It truly is astonishing when you think about the perception of players on their roster (whether deservedly or not) ...

Cedric Benson
Antonio Bryant
Michael Johnson
Tank Johnson
Adam Jones
Matt Jones
Rey Maualuga
Chad Ochocinco
Terrell Owens
Frostee Rucker
Bernard Scott
Andre Smith
Carlos Dunlap

Amazing
They're also all very talented.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Here's the thing...I've never, ever been around either a team (playing or coaching) or a workplace environment where everybody got along perfectly and were best-friends-forever-till-death-do-we-part. Dissenssion happens in every lockerroom. It's natural for differences to happen or cliques to form when you have 53 guys working together. The problem occurs when the media is putting cameras and microphones in everyone's face, every single day, asking everyone about it.

I'm not trying to paint a picture where everything is all sunshine and daisies until Owens shows up, but instead of small dissensions and a few small cliques, he seems to galvanize locker rooms into two groups pretty easily and raise the intensity quite a bit.

It doesn't offend me or anything, but I can respect why a team wouldn't want to go down that road or why signing Owens would be considered more than just adding a historically productive wide receiver.

Splat
07-27-2010, 07:14 PM
With T.O. in the fold, Antonio Bryant could be headed for PUP list (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/with-to-in-the-fold-antonio-bryant-could-be-headed-for-pup-list/)

Nalej
07-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Am I the only person who expects a 1,000 yard season?

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
TO has plenty left in the tank. He's no longer TO of old, but he's not a scrub either. He's a guy who can get you 1000 yards and 8 tds a season still.

He didn't do that in Buffalo bc Buffalo sucks.

The question to me isn't how much TO or Chad have left in the tank. My question is...how much does Carson have left?

He's a shell of his former self, but no one wants to call Palmer out on it.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
They're also all very talented.

And most were obtained for a discounted price. Right now, Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer in particular have done an incredible job taking these guys and channeling their efforts toward the field/team. If the team starts losing it could blow up in the franchise's face but as of right now Cincinnati is the best landing place for these type of players. Short-term deals and second chances... As long as the team is winning, which they should, these players will continue to rally around one another and receive a vital chance to make a new name for themselves.

bigbluedefense
07-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Cinncy suddenly has a pretty good offense to go with that defense.

You have TO and Chad and Bryant as your 3 WRs, you have Gresham as your TE, you have a very good oline and a good duo of RBs. Carson doesn't have an excuse this year to under perform.

Defensively, if Dunlap and Johnson pan out, they have one hell of a dline. Johnson, Peko, Tank, and Dunlap in the front 4 with Geno Atkins and Pat Simms off the bench? That's a pretty sick front 4 if it lives up to expectations.

Then the LB core is sick with Rivers, Rey, and Dhani.

The secondary has the best CB duo in the league and a decent nickel in Pacman if he gets his head on straight.

This is a talented team. With all the issues facing Pittsburgh this season, and Baltimore's secondary in shambles, I'm retracting earlier statements I've made this offseason about how Cinncy has no chance of repeating as division champs. They are very much in the mix.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
The question to me isn't how much TO or Chad have left in the tank. My question is...how much does Carson have left?

He's a shell of his former self, but no one wants to call Palmer out on it.

One day I will absolutely go off and write a novel about this, but for now I don't have that kind of time. Palmer was absolutely one of the better QBs in the game last year with AWFUL receivers (except Chad), no pass-catching Tight End, and a different approach to the game (see game-breaker vs. game manager.) So many times Carson put the team where they needed to be to pull out a win late in the game and so many times he marched his team down the field 60, 70, 80, 90 yards to get that W. It was the most effective the Bengals have been in recent history.

Late in the season he showed signs of fatigue, which he admitted to. In the playoff game, he was tired and he was off.. that's no secret. Let's not forget he lost his only vertical threat 6 weeks into the season in Chris Henry, Laverneus Coles was never able to get separation, and Andre Caldwell dropped/fumbled more balls than I care to remember. The only game you can really point the finger at Carson was against NY in the playoffs and since that's freshest in people's memories they think he had a down year which is simply not the case. Man do people have a short memory span though if they don't think Carson was the primary (not sole) reason we went 6-0 in the AFC North.

Look at the weapons, look at the line, look at the backfield... Personally I don't think Carson ever left, but if you did I'd wait to make your judgement until after this year. Palmer runs the Cincinnati Bengals, we're a 5-11 team without him. He's got plenty left in the tank and now the best supporting cast he's ever had.

Bengalsrocket
07-27-2010, 07:56 PM
My only concern is who's roster spot he's taking. We have a LOT of young guys on the team and the more we get rid of the less we have to work with in the future. Marvin will likely keep 6 receivers this year. Chad, Antonio, T.O., Caldwell, Shipley & one more.

Ness
07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
He's probably the most misunderstood person in all of sports. And that's saying something.

Owens could have always just kept his mouth shut though and not talk to the media and add fuel to the fire. Guys like Sterling Sharpe and Corey Dillon were notable examples of players who rarely talked to the media. Same thing with Isaac Bruce. One could say that Owens does tell how he feels to the world, and I guess you can't fault him for that, but at the same time I think it's common sense to know how to "play the game" with the media...because they most certainly aren't you friends. So on one hand, I won't fault him for being honest, but on the other hand I do fault him for not using common sense and just not playing into the media's hands. A lot of players have been in his position and dealt with issues with organizations, but as Rod Smith once said, if you have an issue with an organization or something, that's fine, but there really shouldn't be a need to make it public knowledge to the entire world and cause a distraction.

And let's not act like Owens has been the model citizen during his playing career. He's had some immature antics of his own such as insinuating that Jeff Garcia is homosexual or showing up to practice with a surgeon's mask on after Jeff Garcia made some comments on the team regarding a "sickness".

Shame. Terrell Owens was my favorite player back when he was with San Francisco, but things really started to go downhill after 2000, and he really became kind of a douchebag...especially in his last year with the team when he dropped a boatload of passes and couldn't stop yapping about how he was looking towards free agency.

PoopSandwich
07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
My only concern is who's roster spot he's taking. We have a LOT of young guys on the team and the more we get rid of the less we have to work with in the future. Marvin will likely keep 6 receivers this year. Chad, Antonio, T.O., Caldwell, Shipley & one more.

You'll get rid of some ****** special teamer and gain TO.

scpanther22
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
So I wonder who does not make the team?

Dezmon Briscoe or J.Simpson or someone else?

Mr.Regular
07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
The biggest weakness on that offense is QB. Palmer hasn't gotten it done as of late. Line is good, backs are good, receivers are good, even went out and got a brand new TE.
Palmer better step it up this year. I don't know if his job is in jeopardy, but he shouldn't be comfortable. He's sitting with a very good team, and a very good offense. He has to get it done.

PS TO still has some in the tank. The guy can turn it on big time. Him and 85 together is going to be crazy entertaining to watch.

hockey619
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Owens could have always just kept his mouth shut though and not talk to the media and add fuel to the fire. Guys like Sterling Sharpe and Corey Dillon were notable examples of players who rarely talked to the media. Same thing with Isaac Bruce. One could say that Owens does tell how he feels to the world, and I guess you can't fault him for that, but at the same time I think it's common sense to know how to "play the game" with the media...because they most certainly aren't you friends. So on one hand, I won't fault him for being honest, but on the other hand I do fault him for not using common sense and just not playing into the media's hands. A lot of players have been in his position and dealt with issues with organizations, but as Rod Smith once said, if you have an issue with an organization or something, that's fine, but there really shouldn't be a need to make it public knowledge to the entire world and cause a distraction.

And let's not act like Owens has been the model citizen during his playing career. He's had some immature antics of his own such as insinuating that Jeff Garcia is homosexual or showing up to practice with a surgeon's mask on after Jeff Garcia made some comments on the team regarding a "sickness".

Very true.

TO just used to talk too much and not play the game with the media. when asked a question, hed actually say what he was feeling, which was stupid and once he did it once, they knew they could always go to him for an easy story.

Bottom bolded because in my opinion that was the worst thing he did was being an a** to garcia, who in no way really deserved it. TO was right about McNabb blowing it in the super bowl, but he was acting like a poor sport. even though he was right, its unproffessional to call a co-worker out like that. rediculous to have expected things to work out after that whole show. but going after garcia and making the homosexual comments was bad, definitely not the classiest actions of his career.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 09:05 PM
So I wonder who does not make the team?

Dezmon Briscoe or J.Simpson or someone else?

Simpson and Quan Cosby are likely gone as well as Matt Jones, Chris Davis, etc..

Anyone who thinks Quarterback will hold the Bengals back needs to have their heads examined... or simply watch more Bengals football, not one game a year. Palmer will be among the 5-10 best in the game (again) after the 2010 season. I can only talk on the issue so much, you'll have to see for yourself when he actually has something resembling a supporting cast this season... Palmer was the main reason the Bengals won close games last year, take it from the fans that watched the games leading up to the playoffs.

If you were to ask ANY Bengals player who the best/most valuable player on the roster is, they'd tell you Carson.. no argument. It's a matter of getting him help and keeping him protected. The Bengals go as he goes, we cannot and will not win without him.

Brown Leader
07-27-2010, 09:11 PM
TO has chronic bitchazzness. It's what sank him him Philly and Dallas. It calmed in Buffalo but he's still got. His career is nearly over (2 seasons more?) so it won't matter much in Cincy-plus the Bengals will dump him in a heartbeat if he starts some ****.

But I think he could give them a good bit of what what TJ had his last year there.

LonghornsLegend
07-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Simpson and Quan Cosby are likely gone as well as Matt Jones, Chris Davis, etc..

Anyone who thinks Quarterback will hold the Bengals back needs to have their heads examined... or simply watch more Bengals football, not one game a year. Palmer will be among the 5-10 best in the game (again) after the 2010 season. I can only talk on the issue so much, you'll have to see for yourself when he actually has something resembling a supporting cast this season... Palmer was the main reason the Bengals won close games last year, take it from the fans that watched the games leading up to the playoffs.

If you were to ask ANY Bengals player who the best/most valuable player on the roster is, they'd tell you Carson.. no argument. It's a matter of getting him help and keeping him protected. The Bengals go as he goes, we cannot and will not win without him.

Of course Carson won't hold them back, but I'm sorry it's a bit ridiculous that you say he'll be top 5-10 "again".

For one, when is the last time he was even close to being top 5-10, and since when did it happen more then once?

I'll give you 2005/2006, but for the last 3 years where in the world was he even close to being a top 5-10 QB? That makes no sense what so ever, he hasn't even been close. Last year he was average and that's a compliment, 2008 he didn't even play, 2007 he threw 20 INT's. Even if I gave you credit for 2006 he had 15 fumbles that year.

It annoys me to see people say he's a top 5 QB, it's laughable.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-27-2010, 09:30 PM
The bengals will be taking a big step back next year. Owens won't help them get back into the playoffs. Their schedule is crazy tough.

SFbear
07-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Yet, he "destroyed" the team for calling out his quarterback for puking all over the field during the 4th quarter because he was too hungover and dehydrated from spending the entire week leading up to the Superbowl partying.

The entire "TO/McNabb" fiasco was such ********. It was like Kobe/Shaq all over. The hardest worker in the league gets thrown under the bus because he doesn't play nice with the media. Meanwhile, the overweight and lazy "leader"gets a free pass because he's a media darling.

I mean seriously, how can you side with the guy whose barfing his brains out and can't catch his breath during the god damn Superbowl because he's too hungover to play over the guy who plays on a broken leg, risking his career, and almost beats the other team by himself? How did that happen?

Anybody have any links for this side of the story. I remember McNabb looking sick and gasping for air which does point to poor conditioning but I've never heard about him being hungover from partying. This article claims he never threw up...
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/news_breaking/20100330_Its_a_myth__McNabb_did_not_puke_during_Su per_Bowl.html

Scotty D
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Pudge is saying Carson will a top 5 QB after next year?

Hmmmmm,

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Brady
Schaub
Rivers

Favre could still hang on to a high ranking. Matt Ryan and Flacco should rise and my homersh ways think Stafford will continue move up the rankings. I would rank Carson around 12-17 heading into this season, but it is difficult to say how he will be ranked after the season.

crites09
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
All I can say I can't wait to goto the MNF football game against the Steelers on November 8th... I give a child please to all the steeler fans and I will have my popcorn ready

BlindSite
07-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Palmber threw TDs in the mid 20s last year, I think this could go a long way to putting him toward the 30 mark. Certainly makes it harder to double Ocho.

Brent
07-27-2010, 09:52 PM
post san francisco, why did he need to call garcia 'rudy cool'? because he's a ******* douchebag.
To this day, I still dont understand how you can look at Jeff Garcia's wife (and the fact that he has two kids) and think he's ***... again, HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WIFE?! Goddamn.

Bengals78
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
TO wont be an issue. Carson has dealt with 2 diva WR before he can handle 2 again. Especially 2 in the twilight of their careers and in need of the ring.
TO wont be an issue. He is on a 1 year deal. He causes issues, we move him. Having the staff we do & Ocho and Carson I dont see him acting out much.

I say we cut an extra spot else where and keep an extra WR.
Strictly to have Quan stay on the team. His role on ST is critical. He is a great returner and blocker.

As for Carson: Carson was a top QB for a few years. Since then, he has been beaten so bad and on bad teams it has taken a toll on his body. The injury in the playoffs. Shoulder injury. Thumb injury. Between 2006 and 2007 we lost: Our starting LT, LG, RT and C.
Levi to injury, Braham retired and Steiny & Willie to FA.
Then with a whole new line outside of Bobby Williams, we lost Carson to injury because the line was crap.
Then last year we lost Housh, had a bunch of first year starters on the line. Coles sucked. Henry died. We were left with Ocho.

dannyz
07-27-2010, 10:45 PM
They better not cut some of these young guys like Briscoe,Shipley because of this.

PalmerToCJ
07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I said this when TO joined the Cowboys and Bills initially, he's never really been that big of a problem in his first year with a team. I'm not sure him and Chad together will be a great or a bad thing but it will certainly be one or the other.

I agree with others who have said they're not sure about his fit and I completely agree. I have to think they're pretty concerned with Bryant's knee which sucks. I definitely think TO puts up better numbers than him.

It's hard for me to be against signing him although I certainly wouldn't have been heartbroken if they didn't. I like the potential he has for making some plays over the middle, something we severely lacked last year.

It bumps out one more young WR, I'd have to think Quan Cosby is in trouble which kinda sucks because he was a STUD on special teams but that's what Shipley is there for.

I'm MUCH more confident about potential for repeating as AFCN champs than I was in '06. A lot hinges on the health of Peko/Palmer/Joseph/Hall but I'm fairly optimistic for this season.

ThePudge
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Palmer is certainly not the best quarterback in the league, though back in 2005 you could have made the argument that he was easily a Top 3 QB. Since, he's been misunderstood and a bit of a victim. After the 2005 season his aging OL was officially deteriorating; Willie Anderson aged, Levi Jones battled injuries (forever altering his quickness), Eric Steinbach left for Cleveland, and Rich Braham left the NFL.

Last year it was the receivers that held Carson back from a sterling statistical year. As I said earlier, the team lacked any form of a downfield threat and the offense sputtered in the redzone all season long due to a lack of size at receiver and coordination from our Tight Ends. For a large portion of the year Carson made it rain though he was not surrounded by the diversity in talent as he had in Johnson/Houshmanzadeh/Henry.

If you doubt me, I understand. If we're looking statistically then you win the argument; however, I wouldn't start counting your chips until the 2010 season is about 10 games in. Palmer's confidence was back in 2009, his efficiency on 3rd & 4th down was remarkable and necessary due to the clock-eating, grind-it-out style that offense played. Toward the end of the season fatigue set in, as it was his first full season coming off an elbow injury and his training prior to the season didn't meet his typical regimen. He did not play well in the playoffs, overthrowing targets consistently. That's not the way he played a year ago though, it was simply the wrong performance at the wrong time.

As far as the Bengals taking a step back, I don't see it. If we had lost Mike Zimmer, or Carson Palmer suffered an injury then I'd be in full agreement; however, the roster only has gotten deeper, more talented, and more experience. It sounds like bias, but I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see the Bengals finish with a Top 5 defense (total yards, scoring.. not turnovers) and Top 10 offense. They look good. I'm always excited about my team but this year is like any other in my life, we're the reigning AFC North Champs and our Quarterback isn't recovering from a gruesome knee injury.

You'd be hard pressed to find a deeper team anywhere and it'd be hard to find a team with more young, budding talent. I don't blindly love every move the Bengals make (although I admittedly thought Laverneus would be solid in Cincy) but these days everything has me very excited. We have a tough schedule, but hey, bring it on... Now that the team has added significantly more depth/talent at receiver, tight end, and in the secondary they'll be suited to win big games OUTSIDE the AFC North. They're a dark-horse to gain a First Round Bye in 2010. In Zimmer's third year, look out. Confidence, health, and a winning attitude... three key factors that aren't typical of Cincinnati Bengals' teams.

Ness
07-27-2010, 11:55 PM
The biggest weakness on that offense is QB. Palmer hasn't gotten it done as of late. Line is good, backs are good, receivers are good, even went out and got a brand new TE.
Palmer better step it up this year. I don't know if his job is in jeopardy, but he shouldn't be comfortable. He's sitting with a very good team, and a very good offense. He has to get it done.

PS TO still has some in the tank. The guy can turn it on big time. Him and 85 together is going to be crazy entertaining to watch.

Palmer will put up more than his fair share of numbers, and make more than his fair share of big plays. It's not like the Bengals have a better option for the near future. Even decent quarterbacks are difficult to come by.

Rosebud
07-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Pudge is saying Carson will a top 5 QB after next year?

Hmmmmm,

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Brady
Schaub
Rivers

Favre could still hang on to a high ranking. Matt Ryan and Flacco should rise and my homersh ways think Stafford will continue move up the rankings. I would rank Carson around 12-17 heading into this season, but it is difficult to say how he will be ranked after the season.

Can someone explain to me how Schaub gets ranked ahead of Eli and Romo?

Ness
07-28-2010, 05:06 AM

He had just as good a year as the other two. All in all, they're in the same category. Ranking them is really pointless.

trkaline
07-28-2010, 05:40 AM
I can't wait until Ray Ray breaks his old ass...better get his Ice Bags ready...

descendency
07-28-2010, 05:50 AM

It says "Manning" there :D

scottyboy
07-28-2010, 07:51 AM
he better not steal any catches from Brian Leonard...or there will be hell to pay

AkiliSmith
07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I can't wait until Ray Ray breaks his old ass...better get his Ice Bags ready...
Owens is 36, Ray is 35. Both are old asses. A collision between the two would result in two broken hips and instant dementia no doubt.

tjsunstein
07-28-2010, 08:13 AM
But Owens is just a year older than Lewis...? Ray always did have that killer mentality. Get it?

SuperMcGee
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM
he better not steal any catches from Brian Leonard...or there will be hell to pay

As if that could ever happen.

I envision this happening about 60 times this year...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4505/leonardb.jpg

Bengals78
07-28-2010, 09:08 AM

3rd downs are all BL. <3

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
As far as the Bengals taking a step back, I don't see it. If we had lost Mike Zimmer, or Carson Palmer suffered an injury then I'd be in full agreement; however, the roster only has gotten deeper, more talented, and more experience. It sounds like bias, but I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see the Bengals finish with a Top 5 defense (total yards, scoring.. not turnovers) and Top 10 offense. They look good. I'm always excited about my team but this year is like any other in my life, we're the reigning AFC North Champs and our Quarterback isn't recovering from a gruesome knee injury.

Outside of the division the bengals were not much to look at on the field. They did beat a green bay team who went to the playoffs but on the road they could not beat good teams which also includes a loss to Da Raiderz. Next season they are at New England, Carolina, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and NYJ. Including tough home games with the chargers and defending super bowl champs. It would be far fetched to believe they will rape and pillage the AFC North again.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Man I have always been a big TO fan. It sucks I have to hate him now.

Bucs_Rule
07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
After Chris Henry went down, the passing game fell of a cliff, making running march harder. The offense stalled

With Antonio Bryant having lingering problems with his knee, they can't count on him. They needed someone else who can be a decent number 2, TO should be able to provide that.

RealityCheck
07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
As if that could ever happen.

I envision this happening about 60 times this year...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4505/leonardb.jpg
Rep is earned for that, sir.

Shane P. Hallam
07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/to-picks-the-bengals/

I bet he has better stats than Antonio Bryant at the end of the year.

I'd take that bet :D

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
no doubt the media's a joke, as far as sports reporting goes (see: brett favre), but seriously? did they tie owens down and torture him until he said some seriously stupid **** about a teammate? blame the media as much as you want, but you'd **** well better blame owens for letting them get away with it. in philly, all he had to say was 'no comment'. post san francisco, why did he need to call garcia 'rudy cool'? because he's a ******* douchebag. and he IS ultimately to blame for ALL of that.

as a postscript, i'd note that i think the idiocy of reporting on him doing crunches in his front yard was about the stupid **** i've ever seen espn report on (and that's putting it in lofty company), but at the same time, all he had to do was stay inside.

you simply can't pretend he's been the good guy in all of this and that it's all the media's fault.

these are two completely unrelated events. you don't even have correlation. statement fails.

I'm not saying he isn't a completely narcissistic douchebag. I think that's fairly obvious. It's also pretty clear he has a histrionic personality disorder, and a childish need to be loved an accepted and to draw attention to himself (best buddy Ocho Cinco was just professionally diagnosed with this btw). Dude had a severely traumatizing childhood that likely stunted his emotional development. Does it excuse his behavior? No. But it's not something that's ever really discussed, and it gives a lot of insight into his decision making process. He's essentially a teenager in a gladiator's body. That's not some kind of phenomenon, as stnted emotional development is pretty common in people who suffered from emotional trauma.

I don't know. I just think ESPN is to him what the media was to a guy like Michael Jackson. A largely unfair picture has been painted of him due to his own emotional disturbances. Some people just aren't built to handle fame, and it ends up destroying them. The media just sees them as an easy target to boost ratings. There's just no empathy whatsoever to their situations.

All I'm saying is that his douchiness doesn't DESTROY LOCKEROOMZ ZOMGZ!!!!11one! or that he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. Not insinuating that that's what you're implying, either, but that seems to be the general consensus amongst the common fans and media talking heads.

Anybody have any links for this side of the story. I remember McNabb looking sick and gasping for air which does point to poor conditioning but I've never heard about him being hungover from partying. This article claims he never threw up...
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/break... per_Bowl.html (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/news_breaking/20100330_Its_a_myth__McNabb_did_not_puke_during_Su per_Bowl.html)

Bill Simmons was sent by ESPN to cover the Superbowl. He pretty much hits up every pre-party you can go to before, and apparently saw McNabb all over the place. For some reason, the last couple days of that particular Superbowl diary aren't linked on his site, but I found a part from another article Simmons wrote.

"Really, that would have killed you? And then, look what happened in the Super Bowl! Owens defies every medical prediction and returns for the game, then makes a number of big plays and goes over 100 yards for the day … and meanwhile you're huffing and puffing throughout the fourth quarter and leading the first-ever two-minute drive that could have been measured in dog years. Too much partying in Jacksonville that week, Donovan? See, T.O. couldn't party that week -- he was too busy trying to rehabilitate his broken leg, then watch you give the Super Bowl away because you were keeled over in those fourth-quarter huddles like a 50-year-old guy finishing his third game of full-court hoops at the local Y. Well done. Hope you had a good time at the Maxim party, though. Way to keep your priorities in line. No wonder none of your teammates publicly backed you this week. "

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/superblog/8

Ravens1991
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Man I have always been a big TO fan. It sucks I have to hate him now.

I loved TO when he was in San Fran, but I hated him so much after the 6 days he spent in Baltimore. I almost cried when we had to trade him to Philly.

ThePudge
07-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Outside of the division the bengals were not much to look at on the field. They did beat a green bay team who went to the playoffs but on the road they could not beat good teams which also includes a loss to Da Raiderz. Next season they are at New England, Carolina, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and NYJ. Including tough home games with the chargers and defending super bowl champs. It would be far fetched to believe they will rape and pillage the AFC North again.

Wouldn't the NFL be boring if teams stayed the exact same every year? Maybe last year's Bengals would have struggled with that tough schedule, but this offseason their direction has been geared to winning games not only in the AFC North. They did this by shoring up their WR corps (Bryant, Owens, Shipley), added a pass-catching Tight End (Gresham), and adding depth and talent to their secondary (Gibril Wilson, Pac Man, Ghee). The defensive line is deeper, the linebacking core is deeper and more experienced, and their Offensive Line looks as if they'll get their first full season out of ultra-talented RT Andre Smith. Add the fact that Reggie Kelly is back & healthy, with the versatility to play as a 6th OL and H-B, and you've got a more complete roster.

The fact that some are listing Carson Palmer as a potential weak-link should let you know that these Bengals are for real... at least before injuries take their toll (which hopefully we get lucky enough not to lose Palmer, Whitworth, Peko.) Until all of that, they are absolutely the team to beat in the AFC North, seeing as they did not lose a divisional game last year and only enhanced their roster. Don't discount the Mike Zimmer factor either, a man that has taken the Bengals D from laughable to 4th Overall in just two short years... they should be better on that side of the ball this year and his personnel should really start to gel.

Edit: As a side note, Chad has declared T.O. to be the team's #1 receiver though you can take that with a grain of salt. The two should be able to put their egos aside for one another... as long as the team is getting W's. I'd also bet that Owens' production surpasses Bryant's this season (partly due to Antonio's knee concerns and T.O.'s fit as a vertical option).

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't the NFL be boring if teams stayed the exact same every year?

An argument any fan could use for their team. It comes off as pretty homerish. The bengals still got thumped in their playoff game and the ravens made the AFC championship game. The ravens went out and got an elite receiver which is equal to if not greater than bryant and owens combined. With that logic the cleveland browns will sneak up on the bengals and beat them twice this year. I don't see this team getting passed both the steelers and ravens again this year.

ThePudge
07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
An argument any fan could use for their team. It comes off as pretty homerish. The bengals still got thumped in their playoff game and the ravens made the AFC championship game. The ravens went out and got an elite receiver which is equal to if not greater than bryant and owens combined. With that logic the cleveland browns will sneak up on the bengals and beat them twice this year. I don't see this team getting passed both the steelers and ravens again this year.

With what logic would the Browns overtake the Bengals? You must not comprehend that the Bengals roster got better to take on the exact things they couldn't a year ago. Last season they were built to compete in the AFC North and they were pretty darn successful, this year they know it's necessary to take the next step (which they should.) Last year: depth in the secondary, talent at receiver, and the lack of a pass-catching Tight End (or redzone target) were their biggest flaws and would you look at that, they've done everything they can to shore those problems up. Losing 0 contributors and gaining some that fit exactly their needs tends to be a ticket for success.

I'll come to wherever it is that you live and give you a good pat on the back if Anquan Boldin manages to out-produce Terrell Owens, Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and Jordan Shipley combined. I don't have to hate on the Ravens to maintain that the AFC North is still the Bengals' division to lose going into the season. If they overtake Cincy, so be it.. but acting as if they were the better team a year ago in that division is pointless because they simply weren't (see: head-to-head) and personally I believe the Bengals are the more improved team (that much is speculation/opinion.)

We're predicting the future here and as with the draft, we won't know who is right until after it happens. I won't be there to tell you I told you so, I'll just be excited at the prospect of great payoff spot. Go ahead, stick with your opinion.. it's one I'm used to, not all too original.

By the way, the Baltimore Ravens did not get to the AFC Championship, they were thumped in the second round by your Indianapolis Colts.

Bengalsrocket
07-28-2010, 01:21 PM

edit: guess not.

LonghornsLegend
07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Palmer is certainly not the best quarterback in the league, though back in 2005 you could have made the argument that he was easily a Top 3 QB. Since, he's been misunderstood and a bit of a victim. After the 2005 season his aging OL was officially deteriorating; Willie Anderson aged, Levi Jones battled injuries (forever altering his quickness), Eric Steinbach left for Cleveland, and Rich Braham left the NFL.

Last year it was the receivers that held Carson back from a sterling statistical year. As I said earlier, the team lacked any form of a downfield threat and the offense sputtered in the redzone all season long due to a lack of size at receiver and coordination from our Tight Ends. For a large portion of the year Carson made it rain though he was not surrounded by the diversity in talent as he had in Johnson/Houshmanzadeh/Henry.

If you doubt me, I understand. If we're looking statistically then you win the argument; however, I wouldn't start counting your chips until the 2010 season is about 10 games in. Palmer's confidence was back in 2009, his efficiency on 3rd & 4th down was remarkable and necessary due to the clock-eating, grind-it-out style that offense played. Toward the end of the season fatigue set in, as it was his first full season coming off an elbow injury and his training prior to the season didn't meet his typical regimen. He did not play well in the playoffs, overthrowing targets consistently. That's not the way he played a year ago though, it was simply the wrong performance at the wrong time.

Throw stats out of the window if you want, that's fine.

Please tell me when the last time Palmer was consistently even in the range of top 5-10 QB's in the league, performance wise, stats, or ability wise? If you have to go back 5 years to do so your pretty much proving my point.

Otherwise, I didn't see 1 thing in your post that backed up that statement.

ThePudge
07-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Throw stats out of the window if you want, that's fine.

Please tell me when the last time Palmer was consistently even in the range of top 5-10 QB's in the league, performance wise, stats, or ability wise? If you have to go back 5 years to do so your pretty much proving my point.

Otherwise, I didn't see 1 thing in your post that backed up that statement.

I don't recall having said Palmer was a Top 5-10 Quarterback the past three seasons, so it seems you're looking for points in an argument that I'm not making. My statement was that "Palmer will be among the 5-10 best in the game (again) after the 2010 season." That doesn't imply he was 5-10 last year, in fact, it pretty much admits that he wasn't. The "again" referred to the 2005 and 2006 seasons.

Now, you can read the post that you just conveniently quoted and piece together why I believe he will be back to former levels next season (see: health & supporting cast.) There's no argument that you can beat me in right now seeing as I'm looking at the future; feel free to give me an "I told you so" after the season if necessary, but right now I'm set in my beliefs and it would take an injury for me to alter my opinion before any games are played.

Seamus2602
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
The only problem I could see the Bengals having next season is their schedule. They have an evil looking schedule. I think they've come on leaps and bounds in the last year or so but in their first six games they have two really difficult games (against NE and Baltimore), one pretty difficult one (against Atlanta), one that they should win but could cause them some headaches (against Carolina) and two that they should win (against TB and Cleveland). They could be 3-3, worst case 2-4, by the end of that run. They need to clear that hurdle. Their biggest issue is that they don't play Pittsburgh until Week 9 and by that stage Big Ben will be back and the Steelers might just have kick started their season. Tough closing games against SD and Baltimore also could be problematic. But as a team I think it is a pretty good team its just Baltimore have come on leaps and bounds, they have to play the AFC East (one of the more competitive AFC divisions), the NFC South (likewise amongst the NFC), the Colts and the Chargers. It isn't an easy schedule by any measure.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM
With what logic would the Browns overtake the Bengals? You must not comprehend that the Bengals roster got better to take on the exact things they couldn't a year ago. Last season they were built to compete in the AFC North and they were pretty darn successful, this year they know it's necessary to take the next step (which they should.) Last year: depth in the secondary, talent at receiver, and the lack of a pass-catching Tight End (or redzone target) were their biggest flaws and would you look at that, they've done everything they can to shore those problems up. Losing 0 contributors and gaining some that fit exactly their needs tends to be a ticket for success.

I'll come to wherever it is that you live and give you a good pat on the back if Anquan Boldin manages to out-produce Terrell Owens, Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and Jordan Shipley combined. I don't have to hate on the Ravens to maintain that the AFC North is still the Bengals' division to lose going into the season. If they overtake Cincy, so be it.. but acting as if they were the better team a year ago in that division is pointless because they simply weren't (see: head-to-head) and personally I believe the Bengals are the more improved team (that much is speculation/opinion.)

We're predicting the future here and as with the draft, we won't know who is right until after it happens. I won't be there to tell you I told you so, I'll just be excited at the prospect of great payoff spot. Go ahead, stick with your opinion.. it's one I'm used to, not all too original.

By the way, the Baltimore Ravens did not get to the AFC Championship, they were thumped in the second round by your Indianapolis Colts.

Most teams unless you are the bills or the lions of old feel there team has gotten better over the off-season.

Boston
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
...SportsCenter changes pants.

LonghornsLegend
07-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I just realized To is reuniting with Tank Johnson, Pacman, and Roy Williams. Didn't even realize it that they had so many former Cowboys.

Also looking at how cheap his contract is, makes you wonder why they even decided on Bryant when he got paid so much more and had the knee concerns.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Obviously awesome because of the Ocho/TO connection now. However, I still think Owens can play. Everyone seems to be way down on him. Obviously you aren't expecting the dominant TO of old, but I still think he makes a fine #2.