PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars Acquire Stadium Naming Rights

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
e Jaguars will play their home games at EverBank Field this season, and for the four seasons after that and, if you trust EverBank Chairman and CEO Rob Clements, for a lot of years after that, too. Weaver, Clements and Jacksonville City Council President Jack Webb joined forces in the south end zone terrace suite at the former Jacksonville Municipal Stadium on Tuesday to announce the name change and to proclaim the future of the Jaguars cemented in Jacksonville.

Hmmm...interesting.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9088

And, at this point, I'm doubting more and more every day that LA is ever going to build it's stadium.

Brent
07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
And, at this point, I'm doubting more and more every day that LA is ever going to build it's stadium.
There's still the Vikings...?

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
There's still the Vikings...?

Oh I know. I've said since day one that they're the favorite to move to LA. We have to build the damn thing first, and we're back to square one of not even knowing where it's gonna go.

The Unseen
07-28-2010, 11:27 AM
woooooooooHOOOOO

Seamus2602
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh I know. I've said since day one that they're the favorite to move to LA. We have to build the damn thing first, and we're back to square one of not even knowing where it's gonna go.

Seriously, what are the chances of a team from Minnesota ever moving to Los Angeles? The idea is just completely out of this world.

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Seriously, what are the chances of a team from Minnesota ever moving to Los Angeles? The idea is just completely out of this world.

Sarcasm, or no?

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/96/MplsLakersLogo.gif

Seamus2602
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Sarcasm, or no?

Just a touch of sarcasm.

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Just a touch of sarcasm.

Ah, gotcha.

Brent
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
That would be like a team named after a music genre moving to Utah, where they dont allow music.

Seamus2602
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
That would be like a team named after a music genre moving to Utah, where they dont allow music.

You could have gone with the entire quote. It sets up the punch line so much better.

Brent
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
You could have gone with the entire quote. It sets up the punch line so much better.
I couldnt remember the whole line. I failed you.

Seamus2602
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I couldnt remember the whole line. I failed you.

The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music;

The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice

BuddyCHRIST
07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
People in Jacksonville don't give a damn about the Jags, you can scalp tickets for 10 bucks every week. Even when they went to the second round of the playoffs, for the most part they just didn't get the support. Its a shame.

yourfavestoner
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
People in Jacksonville don't give a damn about the Jags, you can scalp tickets for 10 bucks every week. Even when they went to the second round of the playoffs, for the most part they just didn't get the support. Its a shame.

Yeah. I really, really like Jacksonville (I'm actually leaving to go there for a week tomorrow), but that city really does not deserve an NFL team. Some of the excuses these people give for not buying tickets is just stupifying.

Brent
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah. I really, really like Jacksonville (I'm actually leaving to go there for a week tomorrow), but that city really does not deserve an NFL team. Some of the excuses these people give for not buying tickets is just stupifying.
don't they have an arena team too? how the **** does that work out?

OzTitan
07-29-2010, 11:45 PM
How does this cement the future in Jacksonville exactly?

I hope it does, I like the AFC South as it is, but I'm not seeing how this makes too much of a difference.