PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth "Pleased"

DiG
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5416820&w_cid=widgets:scoreboard:nfl:

"The newspaper, citing an unnamed team source, reported that Haynesworth is now optimistic about his situation in Washington and understands that he sometimes will have to play nose tackle in the Redskins' new defense.

Haynesworth has been informed by the team that nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu is healthy, which will allow Haynesworth to play defensive end when both are playing on Washington's defensive line, the Post reported."

ill believe it when i see it...

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Jason La Canfora fail.

tjsunstein
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Cool attempt to restore his reputation. I bet that unnamed team source was Haynesworth's publicist and a stack of 50s.

descendency
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
The smart thing would be to play in a 43 defense and put the 100 million dollar man at UT.

Scotty D
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
The smart thing would be to play in a 43 defense and put the 100 million dollar man at UT.

Seriously, just put him at UT and Orakpo at DE.

CC.SD
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
http://devan1.tripod.com/Pics/Jabba.jpg

Ho ho ho

PackerLegend
07-28-2010, 04:48 PM
http://devan1.tripod.com/Pics/Jabba.jpg

Ho ho ho

cool pic... to bad I cant see it.

critesy
07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Seriously, just put him at UT and Orakpo at DE.

but that would make too much sense.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-28-2010, 08:30 PM
At least he is no longer disappoint.

Splat
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Really.

I just don't understand the move what so ever.

21ST
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM

We try not to do things that work

Addict
07-29-2010, 10:47 AM

I gotta say you're doing a terrific job.

descendency
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM

It's working.

:D

Addict
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
It's working.

:D

*head explodes*

thenewfeature06
07-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Failed first conditioning test though according to FOXsports...

SOLID

Hurricanes25
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Failed first conditioning test though according to FOXsports...

SOLID

Unbelievable. He's making all that money and he won't even stay in shape.

The Shanahan doghouse is not the best place to be.

Halsey
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
It must the the system's fault that Haynesworth is out of shape. That's his excuse for being a malcontent, so maybe he can think of a way to use it as a excuse for not being in shape.

diabsoule
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Hayneworth failed his conditioning test today. Per ESPN text message.

Rosebud
07-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Booo, Albert you know it sucks there, force them to trade you to NY and come win a ring with the giants just to stick it to them. We wanted you for you and wouldn't try to change you plus you'd get Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, JPP, Canty and Alford playing around you and letting you take breaks when you need them.

thenewfeature06
07-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Diabsolu no disrespect just look up about 3 posts from yours lol

bjones9
07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
You know what he is???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_ztTdw_ow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_ztTdw_ow

FUNBUNCHER
07-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Albert is not out of shape; when he showed up at Redskins Park, Shanny had him do 3 sets of 300 yard shuttle runs the length of the football field.

That is a TOUGH conditioning test that AH was set up to fail, IMO.

FuzzyGopher
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
I heard that he lost 40 lbs. this off season and his personal trainer came out and basically put his reputation on the line by backing Haynesworth. Terrence Cody had to do 2 sets of 25 yard sprints while back peddling on the return, yet Haynesworth had to do 2 sets of 300 yard suicides? Seems like Shanny is trying to make him look bad.

07-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, boo hoo, a ******* D tackle can't do 2 sets of 300 yard suicides on the first day of camp. What a ******* slob. Anyone can do that with one ******* leg chopped off, it's super easy. Especially for a guy who will have to run like 10 yards maximum on any given play.

Give it up Halsey, dude is a beast.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Running 300 yard sprints is a barbaric torture for Haynesworth. Hopefully Shanny breaks him down mentally and physically. Put Haynesworth in his place he definitely could use it.

703SKINS202
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Finally some pictures. Looks svelte.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/haynesworthconditioning2.jpg

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/haynesworthconditioning1.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2010, 12:11 AM
600 yards in sprints is stupid for Albert. Especially on the first day of camp. This dude hasn't run 600 yards his whole career.

steelersfan43
08-01-2010, 06:20 AM
He has no heart. Only got good right before his contract was up and the minute he gets the money he complains about everything and cant even pass a conditioning test.

I want winners. I want people who want to win.
Cant play with him. Cant win with him. Cant coach with him. Cant do it.

Monomach
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
It must the the system's fault that Haynesworth is out of shape. That's his excuse for being a malcontent, so maybe he can think of a way to use it as a excuse for not being in shape.

The test is to run 25 yards, bend down to the ground, get up, and repeat that action 11 more times. Then he gets a 3 minute break. Then he does it again...all while timed.

I'm 6 feet tall (6 inches less to bend down than Al), 220 lbs (about 100 lbs less to accelerate, decelerate, and carry than Al). I'm no runner, but I'm very well-conditioned by our society's standards. I work out five days a week (20 minutes cardio, then on to my lifting, kind of like a lineman). I'm less than a year older than Haynesworth. I tried to do this test Saturday, and I can't pass it anymore. I could...barely...when I was a 21 year old linebacker. The test was torture for me even then. The shuttle aspect of it makes it worlds harder than just running 600 yards in a decent time. Not a single lineman on my team had to run this test. Theirs was much shorter.

...and it's a joke that people expect him to try on consecutive days. This test will swell your knees/ankles and leave hamstrings sore for days. You're much less likely to pass it the day after your first attempt.

The guy lost 30 or 40 lbs in the offseason. If he was in good enough shape to be the best member of the Skins defense last year, he's certainly in good enough shape to practice now. Make no mistake, this is Shanahan trying to establish himself as the dominant male in that clubhouse. He had no expectation of Al passing this.

tjsunstein
08-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Exactly, plus rep to the above poster. Not many people can pass this test while being timed.

hockey619
08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
i do this test for hockey, same exact thing but we have sixty seconds to complete it the run. not impossible by any means for a normal built person but for a guy his size? doing it in 70 seconds with having to bend down and everything would be exhausting.

he lost a lot of weight this offseason and seems to be in better shape than he was last year. granted, i think some of that is because he didnt want to be stuck at nose tackle and thought losing the weight would prove he was too light to do it, but his weight is down so he should be fine. as was said before, shanahan is just teaching the guy a lesson and pouring the bad publicity on.

TitanHope
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Finally some pictures. Looks svelte.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/haynesworthconditioning2.jpg

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/haynesworthconditioning1.jpg

I saw some other recent pictures like these earlier. I don't remember AH ever looking that small.

EDIT: Small is a bad word. He actually looks like he's carrying his weight well and is more muscular looking that I've ever seen him. His gut looks scaled back, and there's definition in his shoulders. Failing his conditioning aside, he passes the eye ball test for me.

Scotty D
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/golic_michael_david_smith_pass.html

Mike Golic basically completes the test while going over a couple seconds, he is 47 years old.

I think this might be the first training camp holdout where the player is actually in camp.

The test is to run 25 yards, bend down to the ground, get up, and repeat that action 11 more times. Then he gets a 3 minute break. Then he does it again...all while timed.

...and it's a joke that people expect him to try on consecutive days. This test will swell your knees/ankles and leave hamstrings sore for days. You're much less likely to pass it the day after your first attempt.

Wait, what test is this? Are you sure this is the same one? He has a $100 million contract, no excuses for failing this.

Sniper
08-02-2010, 08:49 PM
They should have a test for things like pockets collapsed, sacks, forced fumbles, double-teams drawn, holding calls drawn, etc...

Oh, wait, they do? Haynesworth killed that test? Oh, well, keep him off the field because he can't do a conditioning test for a distance he'll never run in a game. Makes sense. How many Redskins players had to do this test?

Hey, by all means, keep him off the field. It just means it's less for the Eagles to worry about.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Haynesworth is the only one who had to do the test. Guys who didn't show up to at least 50% of mandatory offseason workouts had to do the test. Fat Albert is the only guy who didn't show up to at least 50%, in fact he showed up to less than 1%.

descendency
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM
They should have a test for things like pockets collapsed, sacks, forced fumbles, double-teams drawn, holding calls drawn, etc...

Oh, wait, they do? Haynesworth killed that test? Oh, well, keep him off the field because he can't do a conditioning test for a distance he'll never run in a game. Makes sense. How many Redskins players had to do this test?

Hey, by all means, keep him off the field. It just means it's less for the Eagles to worry about.

Haynesworth is just dogging it because he got paid and doesn't give a s*** now. I could do that test with a 100 lb sack (would put me at 300) on my back in less time and I'm not much younger than Haynesworth, never was a pro athlete, and am probably in the worst shape of my life.

He needs to show effort because he isn't going to do sh*t on the field if he doesn't. It'd be better to get him to quit and sue him to the core for it.

P-L
08-03-2010, 12:48 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/golic_michael_david_smith_pass.html

Mike Golic basically completes the test while going over a couple seconds, he is 47 years old.

I think this might be the first training camp holdout where the player is actually in camp.

Wait, what test is this? Are you sure this is the same one? He has a $100 million contract, no excuses for failing this.
That link is a joke. Michael David Smith, who weighs less than half of what Haynesworth does (200 lbs less than Albert's listed weight actually) and has to bend down 8 inches less, barely passed the test. They also say Mike Golic is a similar weight as Haynesworth. I don't know Golic's current weight, but he can't be much more than 250 lbs. Haynesworth probably has 70-100 lbs on him.

steelersfan43
08-03-2010, 12:55 AM
That link is a joke. Michael David Smith, who weighs less than half of what Haynesworth does (200 lbs less than Albert's listed weight actually) and has to bend down 8 inches less, barely passed the test. They also say Mike Golic is a similar weight as Haynesworth. I don't know Golic's current weight, but he can't be much more than 250 lbs. Haynesworth probably has 70-100 lbs on him.

How is it a joke? You saw him run it in the video... what are you trying to say?

P-L
08-03-2010, 01:06 AM
How is it a joke? You saw him run it in the video... what are you trying to say?
I saw a 250-260 lb man run his two shuttles in 71 and 76 seconds. The same test that 330-350 lb Albert Haynesworth must complete in 70 seconds or less. The link claimed that Golic and Haynesworth were a "similar" weight.

steelersfan43
08-03-2010, 01:09 AM
I saw a 250-260 lb man run his two shuttles in 71 and 76 seconds. The same test that 330-350 lb Albert Haynesworth must complete in 70 seconds or less. The link claimed that Golic and Haynesworth were a "similar" weight.

Haynesworth is a 100 million dollar professional athlete who has supposedly been training all off season and is in the "best shape of his life"

Golic is a fat 50 year old talk show host......

GB12
08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
It's 70 seconds for the first and 73 for the second.

When they showed it on NFL Live they listed Golic as 270. And he's a 47 year old TV analyst with no conditioning or training for it. Haynseworth is a 29 year old NFL player who has been (or at least should have been) training and conditioning for the past 7 months.

I don't care how big he is, as an NFL player he should be able to pass this test.

Monomach
08-03-2010, 01:29 AM

That is not the same test. Golic didn't have to touch the ground.

Also: He left early on both attempts. He didn't even go far enough on every leg of the relay. He cut some short. He also went over on time by more than they say he did. As the article below the video states, their times were inaccurate.

It's a joke that they didn't have him touch the ground. That's the worst part of it.

...and Golic is nowhere near Albert's weight. I hear his commercials on EPSN radio all the time saying he has a 38 inch waist or whatever. That's about a foot less than Albert has to be.

steelersfan43
08-03-2010, 01:36 AM
That is not the same test. Golic didn't have to touch the ground.

Also: He left early on both attempts. He didn't even go far enough on every leg of the relay. He cut some short. He also went over on time by more than they say he did. As the article below the video states, their times were inaccurate.

It's a joke that they didn't have him touch the ground. That's the worst part of it.

...and Golic is nowhere near Albert's weight. I hear his commercials on EPSN radio all the time saying he has a 38 inch waist or whatever. That's about a foot less than Albert has to be.

Whatever. Hes fat and 47 years old and he hasnt been doing any training and he came way closer to passing then haynesworth, who is a professional athlete who was supposed to be training all summer.

Saints-Tigers
08-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Golic was bragging about being under 240 a lot of times, lol.

yourfavestoner
08-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Golic doing that test was nothing more than a subtle advertisement for P90X.

descendency
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Golic doing that test was nothing more than a subtle advertisement for P90X.

Definitely not nutri-system.

Bengalsrocket
08-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).

steelersfan43
08-04-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).

That is the standard conditioning test. He knew that if he didnt show up to atleast 50% of the offseason workouts he would have to take it, just like everyone else. He didnt go to any so he had to take it... how is that setting himself up to fail? He set himself up to fail.

descendency
08-04-2010, 04:05 AM
I know this might be a shocker, but a 300 meter shuttle run test your ability to transition from mild sprint to a dead stop, turn, and explode back up 12 times. Then you get 3.5 minutes to recover and do the same thing. Haynesworth will absolutely need to be able to explode and stop on a football field.

You can't simulate wear and tear of 2-3 quarters of football, so you make him run some distance. It's not just about the first snap of the game. The redskins care to have him in week 16 in the 4th quarter doing the same thing in week 1 in the first.

wogitalia
08-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.

Monomach
08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.

Golic did not do the same test. Golic did a horsecrap version that's basically jogging for a minute.

...and you have no idea what you're talking about. Until you've actually done it, you can live in ignorance and keep thinking it's something any average schmuck can do. Take it from a guy who had to do it for a college football program: it's not easy unless you're built like a runner. If you have a lot of muscle mass, it's hard as hell. I could do it, but I had the advantage of not being a lineman.

...and Mt. Cody's test was the lineman test. IT WAS A TOTAL OF 150 YARDS (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5417168) (3 sets of 50) WITHOUT BENDING DOWN. Meanwhile, Fat Albert is being forced to do the same test as DBs and LBs...four times the length and touching the line with his hand.

Your Anti-Haynesworth bias is showing.

hockey619
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
The heavier you are the harder this test is. as i said i take it for hockey and we have ten seconds less because none of us are even close to three hundred pounds lol

for a normally built person whos in shape this isnt too bad but if youre not in shape or your the size of a bus, its a challenge.

A heavy person has to accelerate all that mass, stop it and touch the ground, turn around and do it again a whole lot of times. the stopping and starting is what wears you out, not the distance, and its a lot more wear on you than most people seem to be giving it credit for. the running in between is like a break really, once you get going its not bad just cruise to the next stop point. but its not far enough to really catch your breath or anything like that.

i agree that i think this is fat albert pushing back, he'll pass it when his knee is good and he really wants to.

hockey619
08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
oh and golic didnt do even close to the same test. his model of it was piss poor and is basically irrelevant to the conversation because he really didnt do it at all.

Mount Cody's run was very simple: 50 yards three times. that should never be an issue for anyone unless they are gargantuen

descendency
08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
We all know why the test is being made hard: Haynesworth decided not to train this off-season and Shanahan is trying to make him quit so he has to pay back the money.

The guy is a lazy player half of the time. The other half he's the best DT in the NFL. Right now, it looks like he wants to be in the first half and not the second. There is no excuse for him being out of shape. The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).

Monomach
08-04-2010, 08:46 AM
There is no excuse for him being out of shape. Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?

The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).
You're wrong. There is a test given to linemen and a test given to DBs and LBs. Albert is being given the wrong one because Shanny wants his players to think he has a huge tool in his pants. If every player were expected to pass the same test, why did they even bother making separate tests in the first place? Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?

I'm so sick of people who have no actual football experience beyond high school pretending that they know what the hell they're talking about in this thread. The very fact that some people think that a test that is fair for a DB is perfectly fair for a guy twice that size is mind-blowing. If everyone's the same, why aren't DBs being required to lift the same amount as linemen?

descendency
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?

What does that have anything to do with being in shape? Good nutrition will cause weight loss. Does that have anything to do with being in good (football) shape? No.

Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?

What does a player on the Ravens have to do with a player on the Redskins? Nothing.

Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.

21ST
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Im positive that if he wanted to pass the text he would

hockey619
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
300 yard run

25 yard interval

70 seconds

You have between five and six seconds for each leg of the run. accelerating isnt that hard just gets tiring and draining, but deccelerating is what kills your time. a lot of guys practice getting to top speed quickly. few practice stopping as quickly as you need to in this drill. because of the distance and muscle memory from doing shuttle runs, most guys start to deccelerate too far from the 25 yard mark, and it kills their time. its not an impossible test by any means, but its not as easy as everyone whos never had to run one in their lives is claiming. thought i gotta say, making it in 70 seconds seems very do-able to me. then again, im not well over 300 pounds, tough for me to imagine what running is like while really fat lol

haynesworth has a ***** for whining about the system and asking for a trade with his fat selfish contract, and hes getting what was coming to him: a lot of public humiliation.

08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.

Stop talking out of your ass, honestly. Haynesworth has never had to bend down and touch the ground in the middle of a play. He bends down at the beginning of the play and that's it. That's not the same thing. Stop talking out of your ass. He doesn't need to come to a sudden and complete stop and then touch the ground. He comes to a stop at his own pace when the play ends or when the QB gets rid of the ball. That's not the same thing.

GB12
08-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Why the hell are people acting like it's supposed to mimic what he has to do on the field? It's not, and it doesn't. This is a conditioning test, not defensive line drills. Who cares if he never has to run 300 yards in a game, that's not the point.

Halsey
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
What's the point in arguing the details of the test he keeps failing. It's perfectly clear to anyone with any ability to observe and make reasonable conclusions that he gets lazy when he's not playing for a contract. The hero worshipping jock-gobblers who make excuses for him just can't get over the way he played in his contract years. They are obviously blinded to how he's performed since suckering the Redskins into paying him that ridiculous contract.

hockey619
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Eh thats sorta true, hes been solid but nothing spectacular except that one contract year, so in a way its very true, but i think its also the fact that hes a poor sport, when hes losing or things arent going his way he just quits and doesnt care anymore, just turns into a spoiled large child. i think as long as hes with shanahan hes gunna half*** it and not care some more because he hates the guy at this point. considering he wasnt lighting the world on fire since he got there it doesnt look like he'll bother to turn it on later either

FUNBUNCHER
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't be surprised if AH is a Giant, Panther or more likely, a Ram, before the season is over.

Jvig43
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Don't be surprised if AH is a Giant, Panther or more likely, a Ram, before the season is over.

I highly doubt the Skins are going to let him go to the Giants. Itd be like the Eagles throwing McNabb to the skins.... wait.

J-Mike88
08-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Fat Albert Passes Conditioning Test (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444780)

21ST
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Fat Albert Passes Conditioning Test (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444780)

LOL he could have passed the test the first day he took it, i dont think people are comprehending that.

nepg
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
It's a tough test, but I'm 100% confident that he was just dogging it. The guy is not out of shape in the least, he's just going to make life really hard for the rest of the people at camp without giving up any of his money.

21ST
08-07-2010, 12:53 PM
It's a tough test, but I'm 100% confident that he was just dogging it. The guy is not out of shape in the least, he's just going to make life really hard for the rest of the people at camp without giving up any of his money.

Pretty much

umphrey
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Apparently not anymore...

Haynesworth: "I'm not good enough to play in a 3-4" (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-haynesworthspeaks)

“We just kept working at the Okie, and I wasn’t coming along to be able to be the starter in that stuff,” Haynesworth said. “And I was like, ‘Hey, let’s focus on the stuff that I know and you’ll see a lot more production out of me.”’

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said there came a point when the defense had to punt.

“Trying to get him to do the 3-4 stuff was trying to get a square peg into a round hole,” Haslett said. “We tried to force the issue, and it hasn’t worked out the way that we would like. I still think he can do it because he’s a good athlete and he is athletic and smart and tough enough to do it.”

So what does Haynesworth have as his goal for the rest of the season?

“Keep playing and help the teammates, and make plays and I guess get noticed more,” he said, “so people will say I’m not a bust or whatever.”

Once the session was done, Haynesworth was asked if he’ll speak again next week.

“What is this? Week 8?” he said as he walked away from the podium. “I’ll see you at Week 16.”If you don't want to be "a bust or whatever" maybe you should actually try to learn the defense

Rosebud
11-01-2010, 07:47 PM
How good would he look next to Canty with Osi and Tuck on either side and Joseph, Cofield, JPP and maybe even Kiwi around playoff time keeping them fresh?