PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlindSite
07-28-2010, 06:45 PM
With the opening of camps in the previous and next few days I thought we should have a thread for the small news and updates that would normally go in team boards that none of us will see, that will impact the season (or not).

Anyway here's some stuff:

Eagles opened their camp with the most turnover from last year, 13 veterans there last year aren't there this time. It's also the first time in 10 years McNabb hasn't been there.

Terrance Cody who was literally too fat and unfit to play a few days ago has recently passed his fitness test and has been cleared to practice. Serigo Kindle fell down some stairs and broke his skull so he's out.

Clausen and Tate signed and are reporting to camp.

The Patriots, Panthers, Bears and Cowboys at this time are the only teams in the NFL to have all their picks signed.

This link will give you all pick signings financial details (every pick, every team) (http://www.walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?18052-2010-Draft-Signings)

In case you didn't know Buffalo are switching to the 34 defense this year.

Rumor has is Andre Johnson (who negotiated his last contract extension) is unhappy and won't report to camp.

Danario Alexander (lead the nation in receiving last year, un-drafted rookie FA) ran a 4.44 and jumped a 41 vert in a work out today. At 6-5 that's freakish ability, even after all his knee surgeries someone should give him a shot imo.

Panthers are going full pads from the first practice.
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2010/07/28/11/PANTHERS0729_01.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

Splat
07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Who is going to be the last first rounder to sign?

My pick was Dez Bryant so I failed...

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 08:37 PM

My pick was Dez Bryant so I failed...

Eric Berry. ;)

In all seriousness, I could see McCoy taking awhile to sign. The Glazers are hemorrhaging money right now.

P-L
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
C.J. Spiller is my guess. Also, I read today that there has been very little progress between the Jaguars and Tyson Alualu so far in contract discussions.

Go_Eagles77
07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
I'll go with JPP just because of his agent. Rosenhaus might want top 10 money.

Brent
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
I have to agree with YFS, McCoy seems like a good one; I would also suggest Earl Thomas.

hockey619
07-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I love my Giants but I think JPP is gunna be a PITA to sign. He seems very stupid to me and I just see him getting into camp very late unfortunately.

Anyone know how hes looked in minicamps and stuff so far?

PackerLegend
07-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Aug 8th... CIN @ DAL

1st preseason game... I'll take anything at this point!

Ravens1991
07-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I am nervous for Kindle, a broken skull and a brain swelling is not good.

Shiver
07-28-2010, 10:14 PM
So far Michael Turner is half the man he was last year. He is now lean and mean. He was too fat last year and it showed in his start and it showed in his repeated injuries.

BigDawg819
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Danario unsigned shouldn't be a problem in a few weeks. I saw him play some last year and the kid makes plays. I know his knees are questionable, but he deserves a shot.

I think the most interesting thing with Kindle is how its going to effect his contract negotiations.

_YL_
07-28-2010, 10:28 PM
R.Seymour showed up in the Rookies bus yesterday earlier then anyone expected and is ready to go and im very happy he decided not to go the C.Woodson rout

Mr. Goosemahn
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Lawrence Timmons apparently worked his ass of this off-season and is up from 225 lbs. to 248 lbs. of muscle and healthy weight.

He was training both conditioning and lifting weights, doing two-a-days at times. Said his trainers also gave him some supplements that have helped him become stronger.

As Hines said in the Steelers Discussion Thread, hope he didn't lose his speed. Because if he didn't...

Beast mode.

BlindSite
07-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I love my Giants but I think JPP is gunna be a PITA to sign. He seems very stupid to me and I just see him getting into camp very late unfortunately.

Anyone know how hes looked in minicamps and stuff so far?
I've only heard negative things, about his performance, only good about his attitude I'm no Giants fan though.

So far Michael Turner is half the man he was last year. He is now lean and mean. He was too fat last year and it showed in his start and it showed in his repeated injuries.

I don't know if this is necessarily a good thing, being a load was good for him 4.5 and 4.9 in ypc in consecutive years, dropping a lot of weight can drop your strength significantly if not done properly too.

scottyboy
07-28-2010, 11:13 PM
JPP can hold out and never play for us as far as I'm concerned.
granted, i'm exaggerating, but I'd rather him hold out than us throwing top 10 money a a guy with single digit career Divison 1 sacks...

Gribble
07-28-2010, 11:35 PM
JPP can hold out and never play for us as far as I'm concerned.
granted, i'm exaggerating, but I'd rather him hold out than us throwing top 10 money a a guy with single digit career Divison 1 sacks...

V4-1e6Faglw

BACKFLIPZZZZZZZZ!!!!

M.O.T.H.
07-29-2010, 02:36 AM
This has been talked about in the Cowboys thread...but how about Felix Jones weighing more than Marion Barber now? haha. Felix is a sexy 220 lbs, fast as ever. Barber on the other hand, is 218.

I remember when a lot of people had a problem with Felix's size/weight. He certainly has the body to be featured...he's just gotta stay healthy. Hopefully he can put those injury concerns to rest this year.

______

As for some other stuff...Victor Butler and Brandon Williams continue to light up camp at OLB. We may have something here. Williams especially is turning heads from the media, coaches, and his teammates. As Brooking said, look for him to help this team out immediatly. Keeping Ware and Spencer fresher, in the process. Spencer has been a man, amongst boys as well. And Doug Free has actually done a fantastic job on Ware, which is fantastic to hear.

WR coach, Ray Sherman, says this is the most talented crop of WRs he's ever coached before. Too early to call them the best, but the most talented, by far he says. I actually hope we let Crayton or Roy go, so we can see more of Hurd and Ogletree, but I doubt it happens. We go atleast 6 deep at WR. The guys at the bottom of depth chart are #3's on other teams, at worst. I believe Hurd could start on a handful of teams right now, and he may be our 6th receiver.

BlindSite
07-29-2010, 03:49 AM
I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.

AntoinCD
07-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.

BlindSite
07-29-2010, 03:56 AM
Duke Robinson all but took himself out of the competition for the RG spot today by showing up and failing to pass a physical.

He likely wasn't going to beat out Mack beardenau but ****, you've got a chance to win the spot, don't show up fat and unable to run some sprints.

M.O.T.H.
07-29-2010, 04:51 AM
I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.

You can have him. haha. He's very consistent/solid, but we dont even need him. The majority of us would like to see more from the younger guys.

scottyboy
07-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.

you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers

AntoinCD
07-29-2010, 07:17 AM
you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers

The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love

scottyboy
07-29-2010, 07:22 AM
The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love

HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
so yea

also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.

Sniper
07-29-2010, 07:29 AM
also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.

I was a Davis fan the whole time!!!!! :D

AntoinCD
07-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Yeah I really didn't have too much of opinion on him as I really doubted the Patriots would have went CB early. In general though I had him in the group with Kareem Jackson, Kyle Wilson etc. But I read a piece that someone wrote before the draft that compared all aspects of the game from a CB perspective. They compared McCourty, Haden, Wilson, Jackson and one other, i can't remember who. But McCourty had the best Yards per Catch against him, the best Yards per Attempt against him, he was also far and away the best in run support and obviously had a very good 40 and 10 and 20 yd splits. Overall the writer said mcCourty is the most complete CB of the whole class.

Brent
07-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I believe in Davis.

Saints-Tigers
07-29-2010, 08:27 AM
HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
so yea

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.

When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.

Sniper
07-29-2010, 08:29 AM
When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.

http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

LonghornsLegend
07-29-2010, 08:31 AM
I believe in Davis.

I also know how some people were saying Singletary isn't some magical coach who can fix every guy with a supposed character issue, but honestly I think he's the best coach to handle a guy like him. He just has some maturing to do, as did Vernon Davis, as Crabtree probably did. A coach like, say Wade Phillips for example would be the exact opposite to get the most out of Davis.

Sing will be all over Davis and he can turn into a top 3 LT in the league after 2-3 years. He's not going to be as good right off the bat as Iupati, but this is probably the best fit for a guy like Davis. I don't think there's alot of character issues to deal with, but he just has some growing up to do and may not be fully motivated just yet to push himself to be the best player he can be.

killxswitch
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
MITCH KING!!!

I can't wait for him to start blowing up interior OL in camp this year. I loved him in 09, was shocked when he went undrafted, and was furious when he went to the Titans. Let's go Mitch! Get angry at everybody who doubts you!

PoopSandwich
07-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Training camp is the best part of the Browns season because the only thing bad that can happen right now is we lose our best player for the whole year.

Splat
07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Raiders sign Rolando McClain (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/29/raiders-sign-rolando-mcclain/)

The highest-drafted player to sign so far this year.

And

The Chiefs have signed everyone but Berry.

_YL_
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Raiders always get there players signed on time well besides the whole Russell thing

_YL_
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Seymour has been playing inside at left tackle witch will allow Oakland to put there best four out there with Houston,Seymour,Kelly,Shaughnessy

Splat
07-29-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8195dc90/article/report-packers-close-to-signing-firstround-pick-bulaga?module=HP_headlines

The Chiefs no I mean Green Bay Packers are close to signing Bryan Bulaga. :)

Splat
07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Broncos sign Tim Tebow to $33 million contract (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100729_broncos_sign_tim_tebow_to_33_million_cont ract)

Brent
07-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Broncos sign Tim Tebow to $33 million contract (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100729_broncos_sign_tim_tebow_to_33_million_cont ract)
quite pricey for a wildcat qb.

I bet njx is happy! haha

Splat
07-29-2010, 06:45 PM
33 is the max with incentives $8.7 is guaranteed which isn't to bad.

BlindSite
07-29-2010, 07:48 PM
He was so lucky to be drafted where he was.

Timbathia
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
33 is the max with incentives $8.7 is guaranteed which isn't to bad.

Yeah, there is pretty much no chance he gets the 33.

Go_Eagles77
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Brandon Graham is the latest 1st rounder to sign.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

the decider13
07-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Can't wait to be at the Broncos camp next week. Hopefully I can get you guys some good pictures for the training camp picture thread there is bound to be. They always seem to lack good bronco pictures.

I'm ok with Tebow's contract. They keep posting that 33 million number but there is no way he will ever get to that amount. And if he does, I will have no problem paying him that much. The last 9 million in escalators have to do with stuff like pro bowl appearances, playoff wins and superbowls. If he can win us more playoff games than Cutler did *cough* zero *cough* I'll be ok with throwing some money his way.

BlindSite
07-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Updates from Panthers camp:

J-Stewart is on the PUP list rehabbing his leg still

Beason moved to the WLB spot and despite humbly saying "I'll never be as good as Davis in this spot" apparently tore it up knocking down passes and taking INTs (dropping a few too), he punishes himself with 50 pushups when he drops an INT.

Defensive line on the first team looked like **** apparenlty, they had 2 starters and the first back up out though, 2 DTs rehabbing and Johnson with a tweaked hammy

themaninblack
07-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Beason moved to the WLB spot and despite humbly saying "I'll never be as good as Davis in this spot" apparently tore it up knocking down passes and taking INTs (dropping a few too), he punishes himself with 50 pushups when he drops an INT.

Whats the story with Thomas Davis? Are they just trying Beason out at WLB or was he moved or something?

stephenson86
07-30-2010, 04:30 AM
tore his ACL out for the season if I remember right

21ST
07-30-2010, 08:31 AM
2 days in a row Fat Albert doesnt get to practice with the team lol

BlindSite
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Whats the story with Thomas Davis? Are they just trying Beason out at WLB or was he moved or something?
In meeks' system WLB is the factory, Davis tore his acl in OTAs so Beason shifts to WLB Dan Conner into middle.

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Only 9 days until preseason is kicked off! I'm so excited. I fully expect the preseason thread to be created soon.

As far as predicitons go...it's nothing big, but I expect Tebow to be amazing or terrible during preseason. No in between, or middle of the road. One or the other. Just a feeling. We'll see many overreactions either way.

Hines
07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
In meeks' system WLB is the factory, Davis tore his acl in OTAs so Beason shifts to WLB Dan Conner into middle.

Who's going to get the bulk of the carries, DWill or JStew?

Steelers report today!

Splat
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Eric "The Sex" Berry is close to signing pre Adam Schefter.

phlysac
07-30-2010, 09:39 AM

Just for you, scottyboy!

Baalke said that Davis has been working out at the 49ers facility every day since OTAs ended in June. Davis' conditioning was an issue early in spring practices, but he began to improve his stamina as the sessions drew to a close. "As of right now, he's doing an outstanding job of self-monitoring ...," Baalke said. "He's a self-motivated guy. I think you're going to see as the season unfolds and his career unfolds that a lot of things that have been said about him are probably a little bit misconstrued. This guy is a worker, but what you have to realize is he's 20 years old. He's learning how to be a pro."
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/07/four-picks-unsi.html

AntoinCD
07-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Only 9 days until preseason is kicked off! I'm so excited. I fully expect the preseason thread to be created soon.

As far as predicitons go...it's nothing big, but I expect Tebow to be amazing or terrible during preseason. No in between, or middle of the road. One or the other. Just a feeling. We'll see many overreactions either way.

I'm expecting a bit of both actually. I see him being better than advertised in some specific plays drawn up for him(eg goal line plays etc), but when he comes in to lead the offense as a 'normal' QB he will struggle

Splat
07-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Packers get Bulaga done (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100730_packers_get_bulaga_done)

Hines
07-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Maurkice Pouncey is close to signing.

Ravens1991
07-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Foxworth torn ACL. wow this secondary is in bad shape.

Splat
07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Heck of a blow pretty weak.

AntoinCD
07-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Foxworth torn ACL. wow this secondary is in bad shape.

Wow that's not good. So what's your secondary going to look like at the start of the season if Ed Reed gets put on the PUP?

Mr. Goosemahn
07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Man, if Davis and Iupati both work out for San Fran, and I think they will, they're going to have a beastly O-line.

Hint, hint, Pittsburgh.

Hint, ************* hint!

Splat
07-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Redskins, rookie OT Williams agree to six-year, $60M deal (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81963fa6/article/redskins-give-no-4-overall-pick-williams-a-sixyear-60m-deal?module=HP_headlines)

VernonLawson89
07-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Adam_Schefter

San Francisco pulled off a double play, signing two draft picks: first-round pick Anthony Davis and third-round pick Navorro Bowman.

Ravens1991
07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow that's not good. So what's your secondary going to look like at the start of the season if Ed Reed gets put on the PUP?

If Fabian Washinton is on PUP

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

By week 6 our CB will be.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.

scpanther22
07-30-2010, 10:36 AM
6'7' SLB..
Expect linebacker movement on defense. Second-year man Michael Johnson is moving from defensive end to strongside linebacker, where coaches would like him to win the starting job
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/07/29/bengals.postcard/index.html?eref=writers#ixzz0vArEV2aQ

AntoinCD
07-30-2010, 10:38 AM

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.

So would that leave Zbikowski and Landry as the two safeties? That's not a good sign for your pass defense if so

Hines
07-30-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.

AntoinCD
07-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.

I'll drink to that

Ravens1991
07-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah while Reed is on PUP Zbi will be the FS. And he is better then many people think. He played very well it shocked me. He stays in his zone and doenst free lance like Reed and that helps us. Zbi is a baller its not the end of the world when he starts

LonghornsLegend
07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't believe Merriman is making such a fuss over a contract extension, I mean seriously? Dude has played in 15 games over the past 2 seasons, and in that span has a total of 4 sacks, 0 INT's, 0 FF's, 0 pass deflections, all areas in which he excelled in his first 3 seasons in the league.

So why exactly do you deserve a contract again? He's talking about going to a team who can build a defense around him, yet he hasn't even come close to showing that he should be that type of player.

I'm really unsure as to what he expects the Chargers to do, and nobody really even wants the guy because if so he probably would have been traded by now.

VernonLawson89
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Taylor Mays signed and sealed in time for camp

http://c0013439.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_221f864

hockey619
07-30-2010, 11:41 AM
What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.

Matthew Jones
07-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.

Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

I believe it's week seven that players can come off the PUP list. Definitely glad the Patriots get the Ravens before then.

hockey619
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

Thats what i thought too. I think karma is catching up to Haynesworth and hes suffering some serious public embarrassment after his equally embarrassing offseason of sitting out while making more than everyone else on the team.

At the same time though, did anyone else who missed team activities get this challenging of a fitness test? im not saying its a killer run, but its kinda tough for such a big guy. I feel bad for him because I dont think anyone else was pushed as hard. but at the same time he made a 21 million in april and was whining about it, so i really have hard time finding sympathy for his plight.

killxswitch
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
It's hard to feel sorry for a guy like AH, but the test sounds ridiculous. Deangelo Hall is quoted saying he's not sure he himself could finish the test.

VernonLawson89
07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Adam_Schefter

1. Niners keeping busy: Now they have signed their other first-round pick, guard Mike Iupati, to a five-year deal. 6 minutes ago via ‹berTwitter

LizardState
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe the doom & gloom Raiders have finally pulled out of their team tailspin.

McClain is in Napa after signing this wk. for $23M guaranteed money making good on his promise to fans to be on the field for the start of camp. The Raiders have all 80 players under contract for the 1st time in many seasons, giving a positive atmosphere to their start in Napa that's 180-out from the horribly depressing camp last yr. with the asst. sucker punch & rumors of Cable's firing swirling around.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_15636030

This is far from the days of Jamarcus Russell holding out & wasting his entire rookie yr about 3 yrs. ago.

killxswitch
07-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Maybe the doom & gloom Raiders have finally pulled out of their team tailspin.

McClain is in Napa after signing this wk. for $23M guaranteed money making good on his promise to fans to be on the field for the start of camp. The Raiders have all 80 players under contract for the 1st time in many seasons, giving a positive atmosphere to their start in Napa that's 180-out from the horribly depressing camp last yr. with the asst. sucker punch & rumors of Cable's firing swirling around.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_15636030

This is far from the days of Jamarcus Russell holding out & wasting his entire rookie yr about 3 yrs. ago.

I'm really interested to see how the Raiders do this year. My wild guess is at least 8 wins.

scottyboy
07-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I love anthony davis so much. that OL with Gore running...that could be deadly

vidae
07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Eric Berry signed, yay!

nepg
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Good luck with Ed Reed, Baltimore. He's going to sit on the PUP and probably not come back until they match Berry's salary.

Splat
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
The Chiefs made Eric Berry the highest paid safety in NFL history, don't get me wrong I love me some Berry and glad the deal is done but how the NFL let these rookies deals get so out of hand is bound me.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7/30/1596807/chiefs-make-eric-berry-highest?ref=yahoo

The guaranteed portion is $34 million.

nepg
07-30-2010, 02:11 PM
That's why the new CBA is surely going to have a rookie payscale a la the NBA.

lowlife
07-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Buccaneers open camp Today with orientation and physicals then a team activity.

Finally get Cody Grimm signed, last 7th Rounder to do so.
Thought we were gonna see an ever rare late round hold out.
Apparently his agent, Eric Metz, thought he was too cool for slotting.

Still hopeful McCoy signs Tomorrow morning before practice goes down.
Having him on the same agency representing Bradford blows.

P.s. Stay away injury bug, nobody likes you.

21ST
07-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Thats what i thought too. I think karma is catching up to Haynesworth and hes suffering some serious public embarrassment after his equally embarrassing offseason of sitting out while making more than everyone else on the team.

At the same time though, did anyone else who missed team activities get this challenging of a fitness test? im not saying its a killer run, but its kinda tough for such a big guy. I feel bad for him because I dont think anyone else was pushed as hard. but at the same time he made a 21 million in april and was whining about it, so i really have hard time finding sympathy for his plight.

Albert was the only one that had to do it because everybody else came to atleast 50 percent of the activities.

EDIT- Everyone had to take the test but everbodys test was not timed.

i thought this was funny
Haynesworth is required to run 25 yards, touch his foot on the line and run 25 yards back a total of six times. For offensive and defensive linemen, the first run must be completed in 70 seconds or less and the second set in less than 73 seconds, Wright said.

Haynesworth failed Friday's test because he ran the first leg in 71 seconds. Because he missed his first mark, there was no need to run the second set.

21ST
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Shanny told all the players that if they dont come to atleast 50% of the team activities there was gonna be a test, so it isnt like Albert didnt know what was going to happen

redbills
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/25283/maybin-cheap-shot-fires-up-bills-o-line)

Splat
07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Some notes from Chiefs first practice.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/07/30/practice-update-chiefs-take-field-indoors/

Brian Waters held out of practice. No word on if this is because of injury or because he failed the conditioning test.

No sign of Eric Berry yet though he is on his way.

Jared Page as expected the only no show. (Wants traded)

Ryan Succop kicking field goals and not missing. :)

Dwayne Bowe with a magnificent diving catch on sidelines both feet in bounds.

Dwanye Bowe again changes direction for great catch from Matt Cassel.

Running backs showing toughness.

Defense needs to work on run coverage. (Shocking)

Outside of Bowe WR's having trouble with drops. :(

yourfavestoner
07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/25283/maybin-cheap-shot-fires-up-bills-o-line)

Give me back my original avatar!

Go_Eagles77
07-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Sam Bradford signed per Adam Schefter. Not sure if it deserves a thread.

Filed to ESPN: Rams reached agreement w/ Sam Bradford on a six-year, $78 million deal with $86 mil max value that includes $50 million gtd.

Bengals78
07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/files/2010/07/pads-262x300.jpg

hazing: its not just for rookies

Brent
07-30-2010, 11:58 PM
That is awesome. Also, I was so pissed when people thought the Niners were going to take Maybin. He's just like Kentwan Balmer, has one season of doing well and the NFL blows a load for him.

BlindSite
07-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Some stuff from the Panthers camp

Kenny Moore 2nd year guy has been taking snaps in Steve Smith's place. Quietly he's becoming the forerunner ahead of LaFell and Jarrett to start opposite Smith.

LaFell is having inconsistent days, circus catches here and there, great blocking 100% of the time, then dropping easy balls.

Moore is far and away ahead of Cantwell, pike and Clausen. Reporter remarked that if you took away numbers and names from the Jerseys you'd know it was him.

Jarrett had trouble lining up on the right side of the field... This guy is a bust for sure.

Greg Hardy was mentioned by everyone who was at camp fans or reporters as a guy to watch, apparently he terrorised the 2nd team offense all day and was going against a tackle who gave up 0 sacks in 5 games last year filling in for Otah, if he stays healthy he might be a nice find.

21ST
07-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Day 3 Albert still isnt able to practice with the team yet but they let him on the field today, just without pads.

Splat
07-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Bucs sign Gerald McCoy and Donald Penn to monster deals (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/good-morning-bucs-sign-gerald-mccoy-and-donald-penn-to-monster-deals/)

lowlife
07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Jevan Snead was not at first practice.

Donald Penn signing prompted cut of OT James Williams.

It hasn't been announced yet who was cut to make room for McCoy, but signs point to Snead... Couldn't even look good enough to be in a competition with Rudy Carpenter for 3rd string QB.

Splat
07-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Berry shows up at Chiefs practice (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefscamp)

:)

hockey619
07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Shanny told all the players that if they dont come to atleast 50% of the team activities there was gonna be a test, so it isnt like Albert didnt know what was going to happen

ah alright i didnt know about that was just curious what was up thanks

anyone going to the Giants camp up in albany? i might go for one of the days

Splat
07-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Pat Williams has an expletive good time laying out Toby Gerhart (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100731_pat_williams_has_an_expletive_good_time_l aying_out_toby_gerhart)

Years from now, perhaps Toby Gerhart (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24026/) will look back on his ‘Welcome to the NFL moment’ with some sort of appreciation for the rite of passage.

Otherwise, he’ll probably consider Pat Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4117/) a compete ass. Because it was Williams who clobbered Gerhart during the first Minnesota Vikings practice in full pads this morning, drilling the rookie running back as he came to the hole.

As Tom Pelissero if ESPN 1500 noted, perhaps it was Williams letting the second-round draft pick from Stanford know that the veterans recognized he was a day late getting to training camp as he waited to complete his contract.

“This ain't college no more,” (http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Pat_Williams_delivers_hit_words_to_put_Toby_Gerhar t_in_his_place) Williams told Pelissero. “They're grown mans out there. (Expletive.) Paying these college boys like they already played before, so (expletive), we just show 'em. This is a different breed out there. This is grown men. It ain't boys no more. But they pay 'em like they done played in the NFL now.”

“(Expletive). I don't apologize to nobody,” Williams said. “(Expletive), get your ass up. Let's go. Point blank. That's how I roll. I've been playing for like 14 years. I don't complain about nothing. I don't whine about nothing. I'm just coming to camp to have fun. Same old, same old every year."

Fortunately, Gerhart said he was expecting to be knocked around a little. Hey, it’s football. This is the NFL. Expletive.

BlindSite
07-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Pat Williams has an expletive good time laying out Toby Gerhart (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100731_pat_williams_has_an_expletive_good_time_l aying_out_toby_gerhart)

I like this kind of stuff, on the surface Williams might seem like an asshole, but if Gerhart keeps working hard he'll earn their respect and the team will get tighter because of it.

Beason got called out by Mike Goodson, 2nd year former 4th rounder for 1 on 1 pass protection drills.

Kenny Moore burned Richard Marshall twice on saturday, not bad for a guy who had just 6 catches last year. Moore isn't anyone you'll have heard of but he sticks to steve smith like glue and Smith has apparently taken him as something of an apprentice.

Greg Hardy is getting massive props too, from every coach to every one watching reporters to fans in attendance he's killing it, never relaxes, never takes a play off, looks fast, strong and definitely has a chip on his shoulder. Not bad for a guy who had "work ethic" questions in the lead up to the draft.

Before his final college season SI had him listed as their best prospect in the nation, he went at 175th overall. It'd be nice to have a good find on the defensive line after something of a drought.

Who knows, likely these two guys will do nothing of note this year, kind of why I hate training camp, makes me feel optimistic before a drubbing on opening day lets reality sink it.

Splat
07-31-2010, 07:45 PM
From ESPN's Chris Mortensen: "Texans owner Bob McNair made it clear he's going to reward Andre Johnson (http://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/20021515217) with a huge contract soon. I'd say by preseason opener Aug. 14."

BlindSite
07-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Buccs are taking care of Ruud next they said publicly too.

Bengals78
07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
I was hoping Joseph would have signed an extension by now myself

lowlife
07-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Couple notes:

Penn and McCoy didn't make it for the AM practice but participated in the PM.

Mike Williams carries over his flashy play from OTAs and makes several big plays.

Freeman along with the other QBs are inconsistent and throwing balls all over the damn place.

Brian Price took advantage of McCoy's absence made the biggest impact of any player in the AM practice.

A bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

Ravens1991
07-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Willis McGahee got his tooth knocked out by SS Dawan Landry.

Also a fight broke out between Bryan Mattison OT(and ravesn DC son) and 5th round pick Arthur Jones. Its good to see that intensity so early.

descendency
07-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Apparently Bengals OT Andre Smith is fat. Really fat (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/report-andre-smith-weighs-370/).

Saints-Tigers
07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Saints are playing with excellent health, and have everyone in camp on time!

Reggie bush is healthy for the first camp since after his rookie season, and he's in the best shape of his life, and having a great camp. Busted a few big gains already, and had "the run" of Camp. Excited to see him start a year like he finished this year!

Pierre Thomas, despite wanting a contract is in camp and on one play, broke so many tackles he drew a "Deuceeeee" chant :D Two headed monstah ftw!!

Jimmy Graham had a leaping, left handed, 1 hand catch over tight coverage.

Staff really likes Al Woods so far, we might have our nose tackle <3

Still waiting to see Clint Ingram get healthy.

Lance Moore is healthy again, and highly motivated to get his touches back. He's a fan favorite, and most like him more than I do, but our passing game just gets deeper with him playing well.

The Saints are practicing outdoors until the "gum melts in your pocket". That's the barometer that shows it is time to take it indoors.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Apparently Bengals OT Andre Smith is fat. Really fat (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/31/report-andre-smith-weighs-370/).

I can only assume that's because of his foot injury. Still not a good sign for Bengal fans.

A few tidbits from the Raiders...

- Richard Seymour has been lining up inside exclusively, playing opposite either Kelly or Henderson. Rookie Lamarr Houston has been playing mostly defensive end up but has seen some action at defensive tackle.

- Speaking of Houston, he apparently got in a fight with Gallery, continuing the trend he set at OTA's for a fiery attitude and a willingness to back it up.

- Heyward-Bey has made a habit of staying after practice work one-on-one with Asomugha on releasing and avoiding the jam.

- Rolando McClain has made quite a few plays on the ball in the passing game in 7-on-7's.

- Schilens is still barely seeing the field and his comeback is a long process. Along with Louis Murphy's recent concussion, the receiving corps is looking a bit thin. Ford is getting a lot of work at the moment.

- Practice has been physical, but the pads don't go on until Monday. Mike Mitchell has gotten dangerously close to being too physical a few times now.

bam bam
08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Also a fight broke out between Bryan Mattison OT(and ravesn DC son) and 5th round pick Arthur Jones.

...whose brother happens to be a professional MMA fighter

Gribble
08-01-2010, 12:19 AM

"forget starcaps this dude needs mooncaps. how can someone eat so dam much. they should wire his jaw shut"

that comment was awesome

_YL_
08-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Lamarr Houston is just bad ***

themaninblack
08-01-2010, 02:36 AM
I can only assume that's because of his foot injury. Still not a good sign for Bengal fans.

I would imagine its quite hard to condition with a FOOT problem. But that's just me apparently.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-01-2010, 03:34 AM
I would imagine its quite hard to condition with a FOOT problem. But that's just me apparently.

Eh, I hope Smith comes out and dominates as much as anyone, but it's not impossible for someone to exercise with a hurt foot and Smith has a specific contract stipulation to keep below 350 lbs. I don't think him showing up at 370 was unavoidable, but I don't think it's damning either.

Ness
08-01-2010, 03:59 AM

Man that was a good read.

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I was at eagles camp yesterday and these are my impressions on the team:

Pretty much all the eagles drafted rookies have looked good to some extent so far, which is crazy considering there's 13 of them. I can see a scenario where all 13 of them make the team.
- DE Brandon Graham has been dominating the 1 on 1 drills, although he doesn't stand out as much in scrimmage drills, it was his first practice though.
- FS Nate Allen is a ball hawk in coverage and has more than held his own in run support, I think he can be more than the solid starter that many people think is his ceiling.
- DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has looked good in 1 on 1 drills as well, although not as good as Graham. He has done a little better in the scrimmage drills from what I saw though, making a nice TFL. He also got in a huge fight, which is definitely a contrast to the quiet, reserved guy he is off the field.
- CB Trevard Lindley is very solid in coverage, but I think his lack of bulk is a pretty big concern. There was one play where Riley Cooper just threw him to the ground and was wide open for a huge catch.
- LB Keenan Clayton is playing SAM for the eagles, which I found pretty interesting considering he might not even be 230 pounds. I did see why though because he was excellent in coverage while also being pretty physical, he did whiff on a tackle though.
- QB Mike Kafka looked solid, especially for a 4th round rookie. He was more accurate than Vick, who has looked a little bit more accurate than I thought he was. Kafka should be a good backup in the future.
- TE Clay Harbor made one really nice catch leaping in the middle of traffic, he and Cornelius Ingram make pretty nice depth behind Brenct Celek.
- WR Riley Cooper could win the 4th WR spot and add a new dimension to the already potent eagles weapons. He also got into today, his was with Ellis Hobbs. I'm fine with this as long as they make up afterward.
- LB Jamar Chaney looked good running sideline to sideline and in run support. He's still the 3rd string MLB though and I hope he can make the team.
- S Kurt Coleman had a nice interception, hadn't noticed him much other than that, but I don't think he got beat at all.
I'll mention Charles Scott a little bit later, I didn't see enough of Ricky Sapp or Jeff Owens to comment on them.

As for non rookies:
- Kevin Kolb impressed me a lot. Not only with his play on the field but the way he interacted with the other players off the field, he seems like everyone respects him a lot. There was one play where he ran out of the pocket and was running along the sideline when Kurt Coleman comes over to kind of run him out of bounds since you can't hit a QB, and Kolb stiff armed him in the face. This got a huge reaction from the crowd and Coleman knew he couldn't do anything about it.
- Ernie Sims looked fantastic in the first live practice of the year. He was flying around and hit sticking people with ease. I think he can definitely be a come back player this year, though I still have my doubts.
- For those who still think the eagles don't have a power runner, at least one of Mike Bell and Charles Scott will make the team and both run the ball with a lot of authority.
- DeSean Jackson, prior the injury of course, was lighting it up. Hauling in 2 bombs, 1 being a diving catch.
- Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy both look to take steps forward in their 2nd year.

I could keep going on, but I'm sure I already typed more than most people care about haha. I'm probably coming off as a huge homer too.

TitleTown088
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/07-July/Training-Camp/CC4_9797--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Jordyzz scoffs at the legend of lord Favre.

M.O.T.H.
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I was at eagles camp yesterday and these are my impressions on the team:

Pretty much all the eagles drafted rookies have looked good to some extent so far, which is crazy considering there's 13 of them. I can see a scenario where all 13 of them make the team.
- DE Brandon Graham has been dominating the 1 on 1 drills, although he doesn't stand out as much in scrimmage drills, it was his first practice though.
- FS Nate Allen is a ball hawk in coverage and has more than held his own in run support, I think he can be more than the solid starter that many people think is his ceiling.
- DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has looked good in 1 on 1 drills as well, although not as good as Graham. He has done a little better in the scrimmage drills from what I saw though, making a nice TFL. He also got in a huge fight, which is definitely a contrast to the quiet, reserved guy he is off the field.
- CB Trevard Lindley is very solid in coverage, but I think his lack of bulk is a pretty big concern. There was one play where Riley Cooper just threw him to the ground and was wide open for a huge catch.
- LB Keenan Clayton is playing SAM for the eagles, which I found pretty interesting considering he might not even be 230 pounds. I did see why though because he was excellent in coverage while also being pretty physical, he did whiff on a tackle though.
- QB Mike Kafka looked solid, especially for a 4th round rookie. He was more accurate than Vick, who has looked a little bit more accurate than I thought he was. Kafka should be a good backup in the future.
- TE Clay Harbor made one really nice catch leaping in the middle of traffic, he and Cornelius Ingram make pretty nice depth behind Brenct Celek.
- WR Riley Cooper could win the 4th WR spot and add a new dimension to the already potent eagles weapons. He also got into today, his was with Ellis Hobbs. I'm fine with this as long as they make up afterward.
- LB Jamar Chaney looked good running sideline to sideline and in run support. He's still the 3rd string MLB though and I hope he can make the team.
- S Kurt Coleman had a nice interception, hadn't noticed him much other than that, but I don't think he got beat at all.
I'll mention Charles Scott a little bit later, I didn't see enough of Ricky Sapp or Jeff Owens to comment on them.

As for non rookies:
- Kevin Kolb impressed me a lot. Not only with his play on the field but the way he interacted with the other players off the field, he seems like everyone respects him a lot. There was one play where he ran out of the pocket and was running along the sideline when Kurt Coleman comes over to kind of run him out of bounds since you can't hit a QB, and Kolb stiff armed him in the face. This got a huge reaction from the crowd and Coleman knew he couldn't do anything about it.
- Ernie Sims looked fantastic in the first live practice of the year. He was flying around and hit sticking people with ease. I think he can definitely be a come back player this year, though I still have my doubts.
- For those who still think the eagles don't have a power runner, at least one of Mike Bell and Charles Scott will make the team and both run the ball with a lot of authority.
- DeSean Jackson, prior the injury of course, was lighting it up. Hauling in 2 bombs, 1 being a diving catch.
- Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy both look to take steps forward in their 2nd year.

I could keep going on, but I'm sure I already typed more than most people care about haha. I'm probably coming off as a huge homer too.

Oh, Nate Allen can be great in the end. I was realllllly disappointed when you guys got him. I was all happy you passed on Thomas and then you take Allen. It was like a kick in the balls. Allen was perfect for Dallas.

LonghornsLegend
08-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I have a good feeling Mike Williams(TB) and Jimmy Graham are gonna turn into studs, and it probably won't even take that long.

Brent
08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
it's called a proper diet. I am sure he can afford a dietitian.

lowlife
08-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Brian Price continues to dominate.

Giantsfan1080
08-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Giants opened camp today and the defense got started off by playing a game of hot potato. They're trying to turn the page on Sheridan's awful laid back style.

themaninblack
08-01-2010, 08:21 PM
it's called a proper diet. I am sure he can afford a dietitian.

I'm not even talking about the weight really, more this 'conditioning' issue they brought up. Him not being able to run/workout like normal probably contributed in large part to his weight being up again along with him not being in great shape. I saw a video not too long ago where Marvin was seemingly praising him for keeping his weight in check so I suspect this injury has a lot to do with it. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Plus, he's an offensive lineman for christ sakes. Dude doesn't need to look like he was chiseled from stone or even be able to run for an extended period. Sure, I wish he would've been there from the get-go and lookin slim but its not really that necessary given his position. Long as he dominates people like he did at Bama and in flashes last season, it doesnt rly matter. I'd really just like him to be healthy above all.

Ravens1991
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Apparently Jared Gaither dropped 30 pounds going from 340 to 311. That is a big drop. And at 6'9 I wonder if it is a bit too big of a drop;

Bengals78
08-01-2010, 08:37 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/08/01/smith-does-some-work/

He is doing some work at camp.
To me it sounds more precautionary. The foot might be worse than thought and they are taking it slow.

SaintsMan
08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I have a good feeling Mike Williams(TB) and Jimmy Graham are gonna turn into studs, and it probably won't even take that long.

I can't wait to see Graham in a game. Here's a leaping one handed catch he made in practice.

http://www.abc26.com/videobeta/0eda048b-8979-4723-8ac1-10d40bf8f84f/Sports/Friday-PM-Workout-Rookie-Jimmy-Graham-makes-highlight-catch

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Apparently Jared Gaither dropped 30 pounds going from 340 to 311. That is a big drop. And at 6'9 I wonder if it is a bit too big of a drop;
King Dunlap was about that as a rookie and looked freakishly skinny for an O-Lineman, he's now about 330 and is actually starting to look like an OL. I don't know what Gaither was thinking. That's basically like the equivalent of a 6'5 OT being 270 I believe.

DoughBoy
08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
For the titans

-Jason McCourty continues to impress and is still the favorite for the second CB slot.

-Kenny Britt seems to be back in shape and "looked great catching the ball" during the first day of practice.

-Defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks benched 315 pounds, the measuring standard for a Titans defensive lineman, zero times when he joined the team as a second-round pick out of Auburn last year. “I didn’t even want to get up under it,” he said. Before 2009 training camp, also zero. In recent days, twice. It might not sound like a lot, but he and coaches regard it as a great improvement that shows the strength gains that will pay off for him this year. (paul kuharsky)

-Alterraun Verner has had two solid days of practice. He supposedly dominated his match-up with Justin Gage today and this is a write-up from yesterday-

"Defensively, I'll give some props to rookie cornerback
Alterraun Verner. The guy seems to be a football magnet. He had an interception on a deflected pass, but by now I can't call it a fluke. Verner had two picks in June after missing the May camps because of commitments at school. He's going to make the cornerback battle even more interesting to watch in camp. It's a three-man race between Ryan Mouton, Jason McCourty and Verner." -Jim Wyatt (titans beat writer)

-Derrick Morgan is hurt.... again.

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Here's a couple of the 60+ pics I took at Training Camp.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2wfihbm.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2r228fm.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/k4faiq.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/30rvexl.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/whb3tj.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2qtvog7.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/166myaw.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/k4f9tz.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2yngmeg.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/34euner.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hgw8xu.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/6ia3cg.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2rq155y.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/r2ojyf.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2iiee6e.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2u70mfd.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2jayr8z.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wqxsex.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/b82qyr.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/orihdc.jpg

Bengals78
08-01-2010, 11:24 PM
good stuff. Ill be in Georgetown for the Bengals camp later in the week. Im gonna hopefully get a few

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I wish I could have gotten more action shots but my camera died soon after they started the live scrimmages. I even had a fresh pair of batteries to start the day haha.

Bengals78
08-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Ill have a pack with me lol

marshallb
08-02-2010, 01:09 AM
good stuff. Ill be in Georgetown for the Bengals camp later in the week. Im gonna hopefully get a few

Yup, I'm gonna be going to the Vikings training camp this Friday and Saturday. Hoping to get some good pics, unlike last year when it was pouring and for the first time in over 5 years they had to practice inside a gym, where they wouldn't let you use the flash, so pretty much all my pics looked like ****.

Scotty D
08-02-2010, 02:25 AM
http://imgur.com/50OXF.png

scottyboy
08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
For the titans

-Jason McCourty continues to impress and is still the favorite for the second CB slot.

-Kenny Britt seems to be back in shape and "looked great catching the ball" during the first day of practice.

...oh hey. just me, scotty, being right all the time with my rutgers bff Giantsfan1080. just us telling everyone how awesome the rutgers players are and being right and stuff.

where's that random ass saints fan who was hating? get at me when I'm wrong, kthxbye. because last I checked:
-Britt=sex (called it)
-Raymell=top 5 RB (oh look, called that too)
-Jason is looking great (oh wait, didn't I say that too?)
-Eric Foster being awesome on the Colts D-line too because he's awesome. sounds familiar
- 2 first rounders this year? But Devin was a nobody and Davis iz fat and lazy!

*cue Rams fans being like 'But Leonard sucks lolz". no. he was hurt and the Rams suck.(sorry yoda <3) Bengals fans appreciate the sex that is Brian Leonard.

also, apparently everyone passed the fitness test for the Giants, which is aweosme. only like 4 didn't take it: Bulluck, Bradshaw, KP and someone else who I forget, but it was good news

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2010, 07:30 AM
I cant wait for Sunday!

DiG
08-02-2010, 08:10 AM
DM
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1026.jpg

CP
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1080.jpg

DT
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1141.jpg

LJ
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1191.jpg

Barnes
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1229.jpg

Cooley
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1288.jpg

Fred Davis
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1339.jpg

_YL_
08-02-2010, 03:13 PM
First day with pads on for Oakland should be interesting with Houston and Mitchell around.

Bengals78
08-02-2010, 03:48 PM
...oh hey. just me, scotty, being right all the time with my rutgers bff Giantsfan1080. just us telling everyone how awesome the rutgers players are and being right and stuff.

where's that random ass saints fan who was hating? get at me when I'm wrong, kthxbye. because last I checked:
-Britt=sex (called it)
-Raymell=top 5 RB (oh look, called that too)
-Jason is looking great (oh wait, didn't I say that too?)
-Eric Foster being awesome on the Colts D-line too because he's awesome. sounds familiar
- 2 first rounders this year? But Devin was a nobody and Davis iz fat and lazy!

*cue Rams fans being like 'But Leonard sucks lolz". no. he was hurt and the Rams suck.(sorry yoda <3) Bengals fans appreciate the sex that is Brian Leonard.

also, apparently everyone passed the fitness test for the Giants, which is aweosme. only like 4 didn't take it: Bulluck, Bradshaw, KP and someone else who I forget, but it was good news

I will make it my goal to get his autograph again and a picture this time.

Bengals78
08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I would like to add, Gresham has signed or will be signed shortly. So yay for him only missing a few days.

CC.SD
08-02-2010, 05:54 PM
-Defensive tackle SeníDerrick Marks benched 315 pounds, the measuring standard for a Titans defensive lineman, zero times when he joined the team as a second-round pick out of Auburn last year. ďI didnít even want to get up under it,Ē he said. Before 2009 training camp, also zero. In recent days, twice. It might not sound like a lot, but he and coaches regard it as a great improvement that shows the strength gains that will pay off for him this year. (paul kuharsky)

I could put up 315 on the bench twice. This is BS for a d lineman.

Ravens1991
08-02-2010, 05:59 PM
that is pathetic for a NFL dlineman. Also 2 reps could be strength gains depending on what he was lifting last year. But still not the strength that you think a NFL lineman should have

Paranoidmoonduck
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
A few snippets from Jerry McDonald's latest blog...

- Rolando McClain is playing in Oakland's first nickel package and he's been making some great plays on the ball, including an incredible leaping interception when Campbell tried to loft the ball over him.

- Jacoby Ford is impressing. He admits that he didn't always play offense at full speed at Clemson but that the coaches are stressing that he get out of cuts at full tilt and to not glide when he gets the ball in his hands. He's dropped a few balls here and there, but his route running is looking really good.

- Jason Campbell loves him some Zach Miller.

Monomach
08-02-2010, 06:09 PM

:roll:

In before "YEAH WELL I BENCH LIKE 800 LBS FOR 20 REPS."

DoughBoy
08-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Yes, but can you run a 4.8 40 time at 305 pounds and explode off the line like a sexy manbeast?

The funny thing is though, that he said he could only bench 235 during his entire stint at auburn.

Go_Eagles77
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes, but can you run a 4.8 40 time at 305 pounds and explode off the line like a sexy manbeast?

The funny thing is though, that he said he could only bench 235 during his entire stint at auburn.
I'm debating using this as a sig quote. hahaha

Bengals78
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Since Andre Smith was a hot topic a few pages back:

SMITH GRINDING: You remember Camp Chrock from a few years ago?

That’s when Chip Morton and Rock Oliver revived the career of fullback Jeremi Johnson with an all-out training camp blitz to get him ready for the regular season with legendary three-a-days.

Oliver is now running the strength and conditioning program at nearby University of Kentucky, but Morton has teamed with new assistant coach Jeff Friday to give right tackle Andre Smith the Mort and Jeff treatment as he tries to stay in shape and get his foot right at the same time with three daily workouts of about an hour each.

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports reported that Smith’s weight is in the 370-pound range and Peter King of Sports Illustrated documented Marvin Lewis’ frustration with his first-round pick. But Morton has been pleased with Smith’s response to his program, “not only emotionally, but physiologically the numbers we’re getting (show) his conditioning level is pretty good."

“Since we started Thursday, I admire his effort,” Morton said. “The other day, he even beat me with one of the drills I designed. I had to come in and sit down.”

No one is talking about Smith's weight, but it’s clear from what has been reported that he needs to get down to 350. His return from foot surgery is also a reason he has yet to practice. Indications are the club doesn’t want to put him out there after not being able to work on the field following the February procedure that attempted to heal the foot he broke just before last season began.

So he is rising at 5:30 a.m. for his first workout of the day. Then while his mates are practicing in the morning, he’ll have a conditioning session. If there is no practice, he’ll also lift. Then for the afternoon or night practice, Morton focuses on football skills with a variety of drills.

One is where Morton simulates a touchdown drive with a blocking sled as Smith attacks the bag for 10-15-20 yards a whistle. The other day at the end of the drill they were about 40 yards short of the goal line, but Morton was going to call it off because Smith had reached his timed goal.

“But he wanted to keep pushing it into the end zone,” Morton said. “He wants go that extra. He’s taking it upon himself.”

Last week Smith said he’s shooting to play in the last two preseason games, Aug. 28 in Buffalo and Sept. 2 in Indianapolis.

BlindSite
08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
People are saying a lot about his foot and his weight, I see the weight as something he'll shed pretty quickly by having to eat most of his meals supervised during TC. He'll drop it fast but saying he couldn't not put on weight because of his foot is ********.

I've been injured for weeks at a time unable to run or lift or whatever from training Jits or Wrestling or kickboxing or even drunken falls and I've never gained weight by altering my diet.

Injured foot or no, coming in overweight shows he just didn't care.

Monomach
08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
People are saying a lot about his foot and his weight, I see the weight as something he'll shed pretty quickly by having to eat most of his meals supervised during TC. He'll drop it fast but saying he couldn't not put on weight because of his foot is ********.

I've been injured for weeks at a time unable to run or lift or whatever from training Jits or Wrestling or kickboxing or even drunken falls and I've never gained weight by altering my diet.

Injured foot or no, coming in overweight shows he just didn't care.

A diet is a really hard thing to change. I sprained an MCL this spring. I normally work out 5 days a week. That sprained MCL meant no lifting with my legs or cardio for three weeks. I gained 10 pounds in that time because I just couldn't force myself into the diet change.

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Scotty speaks the truth. If you ever need an evaluation on a Rutgers player you know where to go.

Bengals78
08-02-2010, 07:27 PM
The thing is, it is clear he IS trying. I think he put weight on after an injury and hasn't been pushed enough since and he is really impressing the strength and conditioning guys.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-02-2010, 07:29 PM
The thing is, it is clear he IS trying. I think he put weight on after an injury and hasn't been pushed enough since and he is really impressing the strength and conditioning guys.

I don't know. All I'm hearing is that Smith didn't follow instructions on how to rehab his foot, took too long to recover, and couldn't change his diet despite the fact that he's being paid an exorbitant amount of money via a contract which specifically instructs him to watch his weight.

Let's not pretend that everything is just fine with Andre Smith right now.

Bengals78
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't know. All I'm hearing is that Smith didn't follow instructions on how to rehab his foot, took too long to recover, and couldn't change his diet despite the fact that he's being paid an exorbitant amount of money via a contract which specifically instructs him to watch his weight.

Let's not pretend that everything is just fine with Andre Smith right now.

Im not but it is being blown way out of proportion. And people are acting as if he is just lounging around like some players when it clearly not the case. He is making the effort. It was known he would struggle with weight. He is supposedly gonna be back soon, and ready to play in a few weeks.
If he was pulling a Sam Adams and just not giving a damn, I would be worried.
So let's not pretend everything is damned to hell with Andre Smith now either.

fenikz
08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Cardinals getting after it today
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/20565/and-in-this-corner-the-arizona-cardinals

703SKINS202
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/6/1/614aec8aaf33f0b8b5ea19c4d6a0e616_andresmithbengals camp.jpg

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/6/5/653949b90fb8676598cd33428f6578d0_andresmithbengals campphotos.jpg

Scotty D
08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/6/1/614aec8aaf33f0b8b5ea19c4d6a0e616_andresmithbengals camp.jpg

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/6/5/653949b90fb8676598cd33428f6578d0_andresmithbengals campphotos.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2e367w8.gif

Scotty D
08-02-2010, 10:34 PM
http://imgur.com/vU68Z.png
Mr. Irrelevant carrying the pads

Brodeur
08-02-2010, 10:47 PM
He's The White Predator now, get it right Scotty.

fenikz
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.azcardinals.com/photos-videos/videos/Spirited-Practice/43db0a84-e2ac-4cf5-98a6-b7fedeb76b95

descendency
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
http://imgur.com/vU68Z.png
Mr. Irrelevant carrying the pads

Holy s***. Bigfoot is in their camp, stealing their pads.

PACKmanN
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM

boobiesssss...wait.

VernonLawson89
08-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Anthony Davis

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3554/adavis.jpg

Michael Crabtree

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1188/crabs.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6200/crabs2.jpg

Josh Morgan

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2273/morganu.jpg

Mike Iupati

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8105/iupati.jpg

Patrick Willis

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4511/pwill.jpg
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6408/pwillsing.jpg

RaiderNation
08-03-2010, 02:45 AM
McClain has been looking good in camp. Jacoby Ford, DHB also looking better each day. DHB most improved player of the year?

Bengals78
08-03-2010, 02:50 AM
The Raiders are slowly becoming my closet team.
I wanted a lot of the players they drafted recently.
Zach Miller, Rolando, Houston, Huff

fenikz
08-03-2010, 03:28 AM
Fitz will be starting QB by week 5
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Arizona+Cardinals+Training+Camp+E5R-RyVnPurl.jpg

descendency
08-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Fitz has a bigger arm than Leinart. (and chad pennington for that matter)

Splat
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
The Chiefs running game should be beastly, that said FF fans are going to hate it they are not going to have a "true" starter.

“I don’t even look at it like the starters. It’s whoever finishes the game. I can start, he can start; it’s about who finishes the game, who’s doing something in the game that helps their team out. It’s not about a starter right now. That’s why they got Thomas, to have a one-two punch.”

~ Jamaal Charles

LonghornsLegend
08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Come on Bengals fans, there is at least some cause to be concerned with Andre Smith at this point. He was a top 10 pick and seen to be by alot as the best LT prospect that draft and a dominant one at that, and he's struggled to even be consistent as a RT.

He hasn't shown a great work ethic since he's been signed, and nobody knows if he'll even be moved to LT this year or in the future, and regardless everyone knows he was drafted to be a LT and he'll be a disappointment if he has to play RT his entire career being drafted as a top 10 pick.

It's not time to cut him, or act like he's a total but, but what's going on now shouldn't have anyone excited and I wouldn't be acting as if everything has gone perfectly fine since he was drafted. I remember him getting hurt a few days after holding out last year as well, injuries go hand in hand with a player not living up to expectations as well.

DHB most improved player of the year?

It's a tad early for that, but honestly he didn't have a long way to go to improve, catching the ball would be a serious improvement for him. I still like Louis Murphy more longterm, but it's good DHB at least looks like he can do more then just run a fade route and drop it.

Splat
08-03-2010, 09:34 AM
I was pretty concerned with Andre Smith before he was even drafted and it hasn't got any better.

VernonLawson89
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Taylor Mays

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/TMays5.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/TMays2.jpg

Anthony Dixon

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/RookieRB.jpg

Davis and Iupati

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/RookieOL2.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/RookieOL.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/Iupadi.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/Iupadi2.jpg

Vernon Davis

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/Davis1.jpg

Crabs

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/royalkilla408/Crabtree4.jpg

MetSox17
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Was that a David Carr sighting in there?

Splat
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
So, I saw Braylon Edwards giving a interview last night how long has he be rocking the Bin Laden beard?

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/5/8/58bf4c4e85d73094061565a8e90feca3_braylonedwardsbea rd.jpg

LonghornsLegend
08-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Lol wtf is that real? You can't try and be a pretty boy then rock that kinda beard, those two things don't even go together.

Splat
08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
It was on TV and he was talking about T.O. going to Bengals so it had to be recent, I didn't even know it was him till they popped his name up.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I still love Mike Iupati. Keep thinking he's gonna be a stud. How has he looked so far in TC?

Mr. Goosemahn
08-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Was that a David Carr sighting in there?

Indeed it was. The guy has bounced around the league quite a bit since his Texans days.

M.O.T.H.
08-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Probably an attempt to hide in plain sight from Jets fans. Or maybe it's just one of many disguises...there is a pretty good chance that Braylon Edwards and Dallas' Roy Williams are the same person.

VernonLawson89
08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I still love Mike Iupati. Keep thinking he's gonna be a stud. How has he looked so far in TC?

Dude is Beastin in TC. Nearly tipped one of the sleds over on the drills.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Dude is Beastin in TC. Nearly tipped one of the sleds over on the drills.

Good to hear. Has he been holding much?

VernonLawson89
08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Good to hear. Has he been holding much?

Haven't got a word on him in Group sessions yet. But i think he'll fix that with Coach Solari and Coach Ray Brown teaching him.

Fat_Actor
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Kareem Huggins of the Bucs is really looking good out there. This guy has a solid chance to make the team this time and good luck to him.

descendency
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Apparently Favre isn't just jerking the Vikings around: He's jerking around ESPN too (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5433551).

Splat
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
"Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports Falcons defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3200) will be suspended one game (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Falcons-lineman-suspended-by-NFL) for violating the league's substance abuse policy."

themaninblack
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Come on Bengals fans, there is at least some cause to be concerned with Andre Smith at this point. He was a top 10 pick and seen to be by alot as the best LT prospect that draft and a dominant one at that, and he's struggled to even be consistent as a RT.

He hasn't shown a great work ethic since he's been signed, and nobody knows if he'll even be moved to LT this year or in the future, and regardless everyone knows he was drafted to be a LT and he'll be a disappointment if he has to play RT his entire career being drafted as a top 10 pick.

It's not time to cut him, or act like he's a total but, but what's going on now shouldn't have anyone excited and I wouldn't be acting as if everything has gone perfectly fine since he was drafted. I remember him getting hurt a few days after holding out last year as well, injuries go hand in hand with a player not living up to expectations as well.

When he's been on the field he's been pretty darn consistent. He didn't really struggle at RT at all. It basically just looks a lot worse than it is. If he gets a couple of weeks of practice, as well as the two preseason games he says hes coming back for (BUF & IND), he should be the starter week one and I suspect he'll have a great season paving the way for Cedric and co. Those pics sure don't do him any justice, but I don't think he'll ever be very photogenic.

Plus, apparently he's been working his tail off, even impressing long time strength coach Chip Morton:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Monday-night-update-Lewis-says-Gresham-No-1-TE-and-plays-in-Canton-Smith-in-3-a-days/b0284900-e8e1-499a-8a64-2f3f864d8886

Read: Smith Grinding

Grizzlegom
08-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Miami signed Micah Johnson to replace AJ Edds. He has a chance to make the roster, just has to beat out JD Folsom and Austin Spitler, two former 7th round picks that are undersized. If Johnson shows he can play STs as well as either of those two, he could get the job because of his size.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Best rookie so far for the Steelers has been Thaddeus Gibson. During LB's vs. RB's, he wound up with a 6-1 win-lose score, only getting beat by RB Isaac Redman. He beat Mendenhall (twice), Mewelde Moore, and others.

Best player so far (from what I've read) is Ziggy Hood. A completely new man compared to last year. Virtually unblockable on 1 vs. 1 drills and is making plays all over the place. He's being played at all 3 3-4 DLine positions.

K Train
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Thaddeus Gibson <3<3<3

Go_Eagles77
08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I took a picture of Roger Goodell/John Madden at eagles TC.

http://i34.tinypic.com/6pm1s6.jpg

bolts2388
08-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Ryan Mathews
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/543/gasmini306759x154wt593.jpg
http://nflchargers.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/080110-stiffarm.jpg
http://nflchargers.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/080110-mathews-rivers.jpg

Darrell Stuckey
http://nflchargers.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/072810-stuckey.jpg

Cam Thomas aka baby godzilla
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d8194ede5_gallery_600.jpg
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/134651/baby-godzilla.jpg

Malcom Floyd
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/512371/dsc_0031_medium.jpg

49erNation85
08-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Come on Denver fans where is the love huh huh JK . Love all the pictures / info guys just a few more week and football is here. I've been trying to NFL network / red zone for our employee dorm here . I'm gonna go nuts not having that channel this half part of the season lol .

Saints-Tigers
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Either the Saints are going to be a terrible run defense, or the growth of our young OLs is going really fast, or both.

The RBs are supposedly running wild. Pierre Thomas jammed his wrist today and had to get X-rays, but Reggie Bush and Lynell Hamilton are tearing it up.

Nicks/Evans G tandem=WINSAUCE

DiG
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Either the Saints are going to be a terrible run defense, or the growth of our young OLs is going really fast, or both.

The RBs are supposedly running wild. Pierre Thomas jammed his wrist today and had to get X-rays, but Reggie Bush and Lynell Hamilton are tearing it up.

Nicks/Evans G tandem=WINSAUCE

whats the word on the wrist injury? anything serious? whats the feeling in NO on # of carries for these guys?

Splat
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/lions-ndamukong-suh-agree-to-deal/

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Lions and Suh reached an agreement on a five-year contract today.

Schefter reports that the total value of the contract will be more than $60 million, or $12 million a year. No word yet on how much of that will be guaranteed.

EDIT: Suh gets $40 million guaranteed (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100804_suh_gets_40_million_guaranteed)

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Hakeem Nicks was injured at camp today. They're calling it a hyperextension right now but we'll know for sure when they do the MRI.

Scotty D
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/lions-ndamukong-suh-agree-to-deal/

Schefter reports that the total value of the contract will be more than $60 million, or $12 million a year. No word yet on how much of that will be guaranteed.

EDIT: Suh gets $40 million guaranteed (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100804_suh_gets_40_million_guaranteed)

1 mil less than Stafford's deal. This is what the hold out was about.

Marino13
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Best rookie so far for the Steelers has been Thaddeus Gibson. During LB's vs. RB's, he wound up with a 6-1 win-lose score, only getting beat by RB Isaac Redman. He beat Mendenhall (twice), Mewelde Moore, and others.

Best player so far (from what I've read) is Ziggy Hood. A completely new man compared to last year. Virtually unblockable on 1 vs. 1 drills and is making plays all over the place. He's being played at all 3 3-4 DLine positions.

one thing I'll give the Steelers credit for, you guys do a helluva job developing players.

as for Dolphins news,

-Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, and John Jerry have all been consistent with the first team offense and defense. Odrick is said to be the "Jake Long of the Defense" (translation he's a fat guy that doesn't look fat. Misi has taken snaps at all 4 LB spots and doesn't make the same mistake twice. Jerry has been the starting RG after spending OTAs at LG. Probably competing with Richie Incognito to start.

-Most impressive rookie has been Nolan Carroll. He's become a ballhawk that has excelled at jumping slants. Reshad Jones has also started impressing since the pads have come on.

-Brandon Marshall has looked great, but today Vontae Davis shut him down. Vontae is said to be the most improved player as he's starting to use his brain more.

-Karlos Dansby is making a huge impact thanks to communication. His signal calling allows Crowder to react more and Channing is having reportedly his best camp as a Miami Dolphin.

-Pat White may not be missing camp, but he has looked AWFUL. Today's high(low)light was overthrowing Taurus Johnson in a passing drill with no defenders.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Now that the pads are on I thought I'd post a few pictures...

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image13--nfl_medium_540_360.jpghttp://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image5--nfl_medium_540_360.jpghttp://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image10--nfl_medium_540_360.jpghttp://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image50--nfl_medium_540_360.jpghttp://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image46--nfl_medium_540_360.jpghttp://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image11--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image2--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image28--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image32--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image42--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image39--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/08022010image1/08022010image43--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Bengals78
08-03-2010, 11:51 PM
McClain = BEAST

Saints-Tigers
08-04-2010, 12:30 AM
whats the word on the wrist injury? anything serious? whats the feeling in NO on # of carries for these guys?

Stop trying to bleed me for fantasy tips! :P

He went to get an X-ray, but I don't think they believe it was serious, just jammed, and bruised.

Expect a lot more carries and touches for Bush this year though. Mike Bell won't be there, so Pierre will have to start the year getting first quarter carries, instead of being a finisher.

As for Bush, he had a phenomenal year last year without a large number of carries, but here are some quotes from him:

How healthy are you and how many carries do you expect to get this season?

ďThis has been my first healthy offseason in two years. It feels great to not have to go through any rehab or surgeries or anything like that. Last year, for the majority of the season, I was recovering and I was slowly but surely getting back in to football and I didnít want to overdo it too much too quickly. Once you saw a healthy me, you saw a more explosive me, back to myself and I think that was evident in the postseason. Hopefully, we will start off on a good note in the preseason, and weíll see how it goes. We are taking it one day at a time. Iím not trying to worry about the end of the season or the middle of the season, we need to worry about practice this afternoon and go from there.Ē

I heard you mention that you are in the best shape of your career. What do you credit that to?

ďBeing healthy. Like I said, I was injured the past two years, and the offseason felt like an eternity. Just staying in the training rooms, rehabbing constantly, and seeing doctors here and there. Now I get a chance to come out here healthy, and be myself right off the bat. Now Iím not working just to get back to ground zero. Now Iím working towards getting better and better every day.Ē

Have we seen you healthy for a full season yet?

"I think my rookie year. Other than that, I donít think so. Iím my biggest critic. Nobody is going to expect more out of me, than me. In the back of my mind, I know that I want this so bad. Just to have a healthy season. I know that if Iím healthy all year, I can be effective every game. Just get better and better all throughout the year. Obviously, every year is a different year. Every year is a new year. You canít dwell on it. You canít use what happened last year. Itís a totally different season, and teams get better and other teams get worse. You never know where you will end up. All we can do is focus on the now.Ē

Where do you think you were at last year, percentage wise?

ďThis time last year, I would say I was around 75%. I wasnít even going through two-a-days last year. I was only doing one practice a day and it was limited reps. Even throughout the beginning of the season, I was still getting my knee drained. I still had swelling and was still battling the rehab part of it. At the same time, I was trying to be affective. It was tough. Us athletes, the biggest thing we have on our side is our confidence, our self-confidence. When you donít really have that, you are battling injury, and you are trying to play, that kind of chips away at you. You are just a normal person at that time.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-04-2010, 01:36 AM
McClain = BEAST

http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/080310am-pm-practices/080310-080310-practice-am25--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Ness
08-04-2010, 02:02 AM

Iupati has been really impressive in camp so far. He's gotten a lot of fans excited. Here is a great photo from an earlier session:

http://www.archx.net/Album/49ers%20TC%20080210/iwebalbumfiles/789ac6993c9644a69c81a3821796f347.jpg

dannyz
08-04-2010, 03:07 AM
http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/080310am-pm-practices/080310-080310-practice-am25--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Love the # 55.

bolts2388
08-04-2010, 03:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6172.jpg

Ryan Mathews
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6180.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6182.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6189.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6202.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6214.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6226.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/u8myburger/DSC_6227.jpg

fenikz
08-04-2010, 06:24 AM
OGOchoCinco
Great start to the morning with a surprise NFL random drug test, i love when they do this, it gives me a chance to piss excellence 4 them

tjsunstein
08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
OGOchoCinco
Great start to the morning with a surprise NFL random drug test, i love when they do this, it gives me a chance to piss excellence 4 them
Simply incredible. That's awesome.

Monomach
08-04-2010, 08:08 AM
OGOchoCinco

That's it. I want to go on Ultimate Catch and seduce him so I can make *** butt babies for him. He's dreamy.

SuperMcGee
08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/Night_Practice/Night_Practice-CM1_8385--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Moorman THRUST!

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/Night_Practice/Night_Practice-CM4_7021--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

sexy sexy.

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/Night_Practice/Night_Practice-CM1_8463--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Oh hai.

All other players are irrelevant.

Splat
08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/8/4/1604555/arrowheadlines-chiefs-news-8-4

(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109122/Dexter_McCluster)Dexter McCluster (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109122/Dexter_McCluster) is easily the Chiefs’ yards-after-catch leader in their first five days of training camp, and he added 35 more in perhaps his finest talent display on Wednesday after the 5-foot-8, 170-pound rookie left a trail of linebackers in his path.

:)

VernonLawson89
08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Iupati!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Goosemahn
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
That's one big pic.

Splat
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Plaxico Burress to be released from prison in 2-3 weeks (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/04/plaxico-burress-to-be-released-from-prison-in-2-3-weeks/)

The Unseen
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Kevin Haslam's haircut - he's a backup OL

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/08/500x_139842189.jpg

Splat
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
See, it can be much worse then just carrying some pads.

LizardState
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Iupati!!!!!!!!!!!

b/c Baas has a concussion.

LizardState
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Iupati!!!!!!!!!!!

b/c Baas has a concussion. Pencil Iupatio in as the starter.

scottyboy
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Kevin Haslam! <3

Mr. Goosemahn
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Lol, his hair is NSFW.

VernonLawson89
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Rookie Iupati making strides early in 49ers camp

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-iupati

Mr. Goosemahn
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Rookie Iupati making strides early in 49ers camp

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-iupati

*sigh*

I wanted him in Black and Gold so badly. Glad to hear he's doing great though.

Job
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Iupati has been really impressive in camp so far. He's gotten a lot of fans excited. Here is a great photo from an earlier session:

http://www.archx.net/Album/49ers%20TC%20080210/iwebalbumfiles/789ac6993c9644a69c81a3821796f347.jpg

I'd be scared shitless if that guy was coming after me like that.

bernbabybern820
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Lol Lamarr Houston has gotten into his third NFL scuffle in his short NFL career.

He body slammed TE Brandon Myers and they started going at it.

Go_Eagles77
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Philly.com (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Graham_disagrees_with_Cowboys_Bryant.html)

Brandon Graham knows he'll have to take the defensive linemen out to dinner.

Other than that, he hasn't seen much hazing as a rookie with the Eagles.

But if his teammates asked Graham to carry their shoulder pads, he would - unlike Dez Bryant.

Graham explained why he disagreed with Bryant's move to not carry the pads of teammate Roy Williams.

"I'm used to the hazing part because that's what I was brought up on - being hazed, when I first got there [Michigan] as a freshman," Graham said during an interview with WIP. "It's a continuous thing. It's just all about respect. That's all. You should respect the ones that have been there before you. If I was Dez Bryant, I would have did it, because it's not anything that they're trying to do that's a bad thing. It's just a fun experience to go through because later on, there'll be memories."

Graham went on to say that Bryant sent the wrong message to his new teammates.

"It's a big stamp on you, saying that you're selfish, that you wouldn't fight for your teammates, because him saying that he's here for the Super Bowl and stuff, that's a lot of talk for him," Graham said. "He's a selfish guy if he doesn't do what they ask him to do because he knows it's going to come. He knows coming in, that's what you have in the back of your mind. 'I'm a rookie again. I know I'm about to get hazed.' But some people just really don't like that stuff and you can't get around it."

Scotty D
08-04-2010, 08:50 PM
http://imgur.com/lmxtX.png
http://imgur.com/yAGQB.png
http://imgur.com/z0vMy.png
http://imgur.com/3mcK9.png
http://imgur.com/Mxv8Q.png
http://imgur.com/0J4Qr.png

DiG
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
lol at mcnabb
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1391.jpg
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-02_2331.jpg

dirty thirty
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1404.jpg

2010 NFL Interception leader
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1405.jpg

kareem moore (apparently most improved so far)
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-02_2299.jpg

run devin run!
http://loco-photo.com/images/2010-08-01_1357.jpg

Splat
08-04-2010, 11:49 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/04/rex-ryan-gushes-about-antonio-cromartie/

"He has all the tools," Rex Ryan said regarding Antonio Cromartie (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3671). "We want him to be physical. He's got these great long arms and strong hands, let's use them. Let's be more physical at the line. His ball skills are God given. I don't know how to describe him. I've never seen anything like that. Somebody is calling him a spider because he's so long, he's tall, and he's got those long arms. That's why he gets all those interceptions. Don't forget he can reach out six feet. He's a rare guy."

Good luck with that.

LonghornsLegend
08-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I think alot of people felt if Iupati was drafted as a Guard, and you didn't mess around with putting him as a tackle out in space, he would be a multiple pro bowler and an instant upgrade on the offensive line.

Dude is a beast, SF is the perfect fit for him honestly with what Singletary wants to do, and I fully expect him to come out and beast as a rookie.

GB12
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Ha, we did that to some of the younger guys back in high school,

Splat
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Dexter McCluster is owning camp, he should bring a much needed spark to the Chiefs passing game.

killxswitch
08-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Dexter McCluster is owning camp, he should bring a much needed spark to the Chiefs passing game.

Having him and Jamaal Charles on the field at the same time should be exciting.

Scotty D
08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Having him and Jamaal Charles on the field at the same time should be exciting.

How about him and Javier Arenas back deep on kickoffs?

Splat
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
They have worked on plays with Charles,Jones and McCluster on the field at the same time sounds good on paper.

They have also worked on some wildcat with McCluster, that said I don't know if they plan to use it all that much or if they are just seeing how it looks.

McCluster has lined up all over the field, I just hope they don't over work him both physically and mentally kid is still a rookie.

Splat
08-05-2010, 08:59 AM
How about him and Javier Arenas back deep on kickoffs?

He and McCluster have both got work there along with a few others, I think they will use McCluster some but the bulk will go to Arenas.

Bengals78
08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I will be down at Bengals camp in Georgetown today. Hoping to get a few pictures.

Hines
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I'll be at the Steelers' annual night practice tomorrow.

K Train
08-05-2010, 09:55 AM
im jealous....its like a 4.5 hour drive for me, i want to go so bad

scottyboy
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
clint sintim stayed with sinorice moss and deflected a pass. damn he's got some speed

scpanther22
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Greg Hardy is playing great here at Panthers Camp.

LonghornsLegend
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
clint sintim stayed with sinorice moss and deflected a pass. damn he's got some speed

I <3 Sintim, he's gonna be a beast. Should be in a 3-4, but still a monster none the less.

Hines
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
im jealous....its like a 4.5 hour drive for me, i want to go so bad

It's about a 2 hour drive from where I'm at.

TACKLE
08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
I <3 Sintim, he's gonna be a beast. Should be in a 3-4, but still a monster none the less.

Yes, yes and yes. I loved him coming out of UVA. He showed flashes of dominance in the pre-season. I really hope he gets his opportunity to shine this season.

Bengals78
08-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Just got in from camp.
Several notes:
I was wowed by former second round pick Jerome Simpson. Ran good clean routes and made some spectacular catches.
Jordan Shipley is a trooper. Went across the middle a lot and held on to everything.
http://i35.tinypic.com/65d194.jpg
Jermaine Gresham needs some work still. Catches everything. But clotheslined a LB for a holding call.
http://i35.tinypic.com/25gw4kz.jpg
Chad was Chad. Solid work. Stayed after to do drills with a coach.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2zfv4p2.jpg
TO looked great. Went deep and just abused a S and CB for a tough catch.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2dtoun4.jpg
Antonio was out doing some work with his knee. Looked good making moves and agility.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ntd5hx.jpg
Rey looked fine doing some drills. He didnt practice as a precaution.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mhdlxz.jpg
Andre didn't look nearly as bad in person as some people say. He is big yes but not much bigger than he was at Bama. Was working hard with drills. Could tell his foot hurt.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s476mt.jpg
Domata Peko didnt practice.
http://i35.tinypic.com/30j5ylt.jpg
Carson was sharp and on target and showed good zip.
http://i34.tinypic.com/24q26o3.jpg
Bernard Scott is a wow player. Kid needs touches.

Jon Fanene looked fast and explosive but not as fast as Geno Atkins
http://i34.tinypic.com/334rj47.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/345eoh2.jpg

Michael Johnson looked good and didnt seem out of place at OLB. He had some mistakes in coverage but looked good otherwise.
http://i34.tinypic.com/688zgn.jpg

Robert Geathers looked good. Didn't see anything spectacular but he was his usual solid self.
http://i38.tinypic.com/htxvrr.jpg

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice pics, were you right on the field?

Bengals78
08-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Field level. Only some rope separating. I wanna get on the field.

Splat
08-05-2010, 09:34 PM
He really manhandled those balls...

Bengals78
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Gonna be back tomorrow, I hope to spend more time on the offense.

I expect Matt Jones to be an early cut.

marshallb
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm going to Vikings training camp for both practices tomorrow and Saturday's morning practice. Hopefully I can get some good pics and some autographs, the D Line is signing tomorrow after practice.

VernonLawson89
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Patrick Willis, TKO, Moran Norris, Navorro Bowman, and VD leaving camp from Monterey

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs280.snc4/40362_417806206874_112852666874_5092569_7489796_n. jpg

Scotty D
08-06-2010, 04:17 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/tag/all_tags/today

-S Bob Sanders looked like his old self Thursday night, crunching RB Donald Brown in the hole during an early inside running drill. Sanders later took the legs from under rookie WR Blair White after a pass completion.

-Peyton Manning hooked up with WR Anthony Gonzalez on a 46-yard pass play to end the final two-minute drill work for the No. 1 offense. Gonzalez missed most of last season with a knee injury.

-Practice ended with a bang. On the last play of the day, rookie S Earl Thomas delivered a hard hit on WR Isaiah Stanback to break up a pass. Despite being only 5-10, Thomas has been a physical player in his first week of camp.

-The Giants are using a defensive line comprised of four DEs: Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, Dave Tollefson and Justin Tuck.

-DT John Henderson's pregame ritual includes getting slapped in the face, but he said he hasn't found the right person to deliver it. "Everybody here has these big hard hands. I can't get knocked out before the game. I'm trying to find a soft-hand man."

-Answering Reader Nick's question about who could be the Ravens' surprise receiver: Keep an eye on rookie David Reed. He can play special teams better than either Mark Clayton or Demetrius Williams. Reed will be "a very good player," coach John Harbaugh said.

-WR Mike Williams had the best play at morning practice, though with some luck involved. The intended receiver on a deep pass from Charlie Whitehurst, Williams was beaten to the ball by S Jordan Babineaux, but it went off Babineaux, and Williams caught it falling out of bounds.

-Nate Kaeding sent chuckles through special teams practice on Thursday morning by recovering his own onside kick and then putting up the Heisman stiff arm as he scampered down the field.

-The first-team offense spent time Thursday running out of the spread option. “(Vince Young) made a lot of plays with his legs (last year),” Jeff Fisher said. “That’s the added dimension to our offense. We’ve got CJ (RB Chris Johnson), we’ve got a good group all around. But we’ve still got his legs.”

-Denver plugged in Jarvis Moss initially into Elvis Dumervil 's vacated right OLB spot, but that may only be a temporary solution as the Broncos reevaluate their lineup and roster options.

-WRs Antwaan Randle-El and Arnaz Battle are listed Nos. 3 and 4 on the depth chart, but keep an eye on rookie Emmanuel Sanders. He has speed, runs decent routes, gets separation, and has good hands.

-LB Keith Bulluck is practicing with the second-team defense while LB Jonathan Goff handles the MLB role with the starters.

-Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli explained why he's got former DE Henry Melton at DT and getting some first-team snaps: "He’s got really good speed, all the things that we’re looking for to get the up-field pressure that we need."

-Coach Steve Spagnuolo on rookie OT Rodger Saffold settling in at LT: "It's natural for him because most of his time at Indiana was at left tackle. I think he's doing a really nice job.

-Rookie WR Brandon LaFell got some reps with the first team. He continues to look like a guy who belongs in this league, making some nice plays out there including a catch down the sidelines today.

-DE Jared Odrick had a fortuitous INT on an ill-advised screen pass thrown by QB Chad Henne. Odrick has proven to be adept with his hands throughout camp.

-FS Reshad Jones had a nice INT and TD (Pick-six) against QB Chad Henne on Thursday. Jones, the rookie from Georgia, stepped in front of a pass intended for Brian Hartline. Jones has made heady plays all camp.

Trindon Holliday a special exercise bike at TC
http://imgur.com/4lPGr.jpg

Dolphins rookie Travis Ivey carries the vet's pads
http://imgur.com/erqYN.jpg

DiG
08-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Terrence Austin, WR, 7th Rd pick:
http://dc.sbnation.com/2010/8/5/1606470/terrence-austin-redskins-training-camp-kick-returner
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/514779/4860160163_75ffed973a_medium.jpg

"'Very few players come in late and pick up the offense as well as he did," Mike Shanahan says. "For him to be as far along as he is, is a real credit to him.'

Austin steadfastly refuses to admit he's having a perfect training camp. When I ask him to rate his training camp performance thus far, Austin tells me merely that "every day I've been doing fairly well, aside for some minor mistakes here and there, loss of concentration here and there."

But he also had perhaps the highlight of the first week, making a beautiful over-the-shoulder catch on a Donovan McNabb deep ball on Monday that elicited a roar from the assembled fans. He would have had another one Wednesday, as he put a great double move on his defender, only to see Rex Grossman overthrow the pass. Maybe he's missing assignments, but I'm not seeing them.

It's hard to call him a lock for the 53-man roster, and it's equally hard to say that he has the inside track on the kickoff and punt returner jobs. But it isn't hard to say that Austin has significantly outperformed expectations for a seventh round pick thus far in training camp. For Redskins fans used to the sad sight of Antwaan Randle El awkwardly signaling for fair catches and muffing the punts last season, that's music to their ears.

"He's going to get a great opportunity," Smith says. "We'll see how much he can handle."

So far, so good."

Hines
08-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I like that bike for Holliday. Suits him well.

Bob Sanders wont stay healthy this year.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Sean Smith got benched in practice yesterday. He started off playing really well but his play has really slipped since midseason last year and he's having a bad camp. His replacement in the starting lineup was Jason Allen though, who poses zero real threat to his job, so it was likely just done to light a fire under him. If we start seeing Will Allen line up there soon, it could be a permanent demotion however.

LizardState
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_15689441?nclick_check=1

Ever watch an NFL game & wonder why all the missed tackles? The media bitches about how there's no excuse for missing tackles at the pro level.

The Raiders are relearning those fundamentals, HC Cable re-instituted live tackling drills in Napa Thursday.

Rarely will you see a 180 attitudinal turnaround in the NFL like the Raiders are displaying this preseason. With their A+ draft & signing all their draftees, the Raiders are continuing to build on their positive image by taking a cover all bases approach -- you could well argue they're rebuilding this team from the gitgo.

VernonLawson89
08-06-2010, 02:20 PM
49ers Owner Jed York and Arnold Schwarzeneggar "GET TO THE CHOPPAH!"

http://i35.twitgoo.com/2whgil3.jpg