PDA

View Full Version : Bradford a $50 Million man

dj825
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81969c4c/article/bradfords-a-big-deal-rams-give-rookie-qb-50m-guaranteed?module=HP_headlines

anyone else think that is a bit much for someone who barely played last year due to an injury to his throwing shoulder?

Splat
07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
LOL @ the NFL letting this get so out of hand with rookie deals...

Vikes99ej
07-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Yes, that is way too much, but it was inevitable. So is the way of the system...

Splat
07-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Eric Berry is the highest paid FS/SS ever...

I love me some Berry and if I had to give the money to a rookie from this class it would be him but that doesn't change the fact the system is a joke.

dj825
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Eric Berry is the highest paid FS/SS ever...

I love me some Berry and if I had to give the money to a rookie from this class it would be him but that doesn't change the fact the system is a joke.

it really is a joke

Berry or Suh but more likely Berry cuz i think he'll be better than Suh, but none of the QBs in this years draft deserved much of anything let alone $50 mill guaranteed.

PackerLegend
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
50 million guaranteed to a guy who hasn't played a single down. Its a joke, he is probably payed more then all the best QBs in the game today.

dj825
07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
"The rookie quarterback received that amount in guaranteed money -- the most in NFL history "

so yeah more than any player let alone the Elite QBs that have already proven themselves.

J-Mike88
07-30-2010, 11:30 PM
LOL @ the NFL letting this get so out of hand with rookie deals...
I don't think it's a LOL thing.
Anyone else unhappy with the price escalation of the Sunday Ticket over the past decade?
Or officially licensed jerseys?
Tickets to games?

Their salaries ultimately get paif for by the fans.
Jamarcus Russell is still laughing is fat ass off.

CJSchneider
07-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Anyone else unhappy with the price escalation of the Sunday Ticket over the past decade?
Tickets to games?

You just summed up my biggest beef with professional sports.

Shiver
07-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I wish my career field payed like the NFL does. I would get out of college and instantly make more money than anyone who came before me. Certainly the league needs to adopt a pay scale as soon as possible. The whole idea of the draft is that the worst teams get the first dibs on the best college players, but having the top pick can and does do more harm than good most of the time.

Brent
07-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I hate that the Rams took Bradford, because I want to see him succeed.

Also, for $50mm, there are a lot of things I would do.

Michigan
07-31-2010, 12:07 AM
So much for my hopes that Suh's contract will be anything reasonable, or even less than Stafford's.

jayceheathman
07-31-2010, 12:24 AM
You just summed up my biggest beef with professional sports.

I dont get why you have beef with professional sports. The consumers are obviously the ones who pay for it and that involves sports as well as every other business. Steve Jobs is a billionaire and who pays for that? The consumers who constantly buy $2500 laptops and wait in huge lines to buy a $300 phone that doesnt work unless you hold it up your ear the proper way. Bank of America's CEO makes 30 million in one year yet your beef is with someone that makes 50 million over over 6 years?

703SKINS202
07-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Wow, I can't believe how far this has escalated in such a short time. Guess he was right to stay lol. Cheers to Bradford though, I'm rooting for him.

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Also, for $50mm, there are a lot of things I would do.

Like two chicks at the same time?

Hurricanes25
07-31-2010, 01:44 AM
These rookie contracts are insane. I have nothing else to add.

BlindSite
07-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Rams just boned the Colts and the Pats who have QBs of their own to sign soon.

TACKLE
07-31-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't know why anybody is surprised. Everybody should of expect this type of deal.

Glad to see they got the deal done. There's really no point in hindering Bradford's development or the team's by fighting over a couple million guaranteed dollars. If Bradford delivers it will all be worth it. He was the best player in the draft and if the Rams are patient, they should have a great young QB.

descendency
07-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Tickets to games?

DirectTV controls that.
No clue, but my guess is that they've slowly gone up over the years due to demand.
Tickets to games pay beer vendors, floor sweepers, and the such. They are controlled by supply and demand mostly though.

The majority of the player salaries comes from television and advertising contracts.

SickwithIt1010
07-31-2010, 02:24 AM
so ******* dumb, let the guy play some downs in the NFL and more than 1 game in his junior season before you give him 50 mill guaranteed.

M.O.T.H.
07-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Like two chicks at the same time?

Must be nice.

$50 million? That's like a 100 chicks...

50 times with two chicks at the same time. whoa.

Saints-Tigers
07-31-2010, 06:52 AM
All the QBs in this whole draft class don't deserve 50 mill combined.

Gay Ork Wang
07-31-2010, 07:07 AM
is anyone surprised? seriously?

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 07:27 AM
A) DirectTV controls that.
B) No clue, but my guess is that they've slowly gone up over the years due to demand.
C) Tickets to games pay beer vendors, floor sweepers, and the such.
A) The NFL controls it. They only allow DirecTV to carry the NFL Sunday Ticket and in doing so, it allows the NFL to charge 2 arms and 2 legs as it gives DirecTV a huge boost over Dish Network, Time Warner, Comcast, etc. I know tons of people, me included, who are DirecTV customers solely for the reason of needing the Sunday Ticket.
B) This monopoly allows DirecTV to charge whatever they think they can get away with, because of course nobody else can offer the Sunday Ticket. No competition is bad for the consumer, always. And there's always demand for the NFL, and they are the only supply of that platform. They haven't slowly gone up over the years. In about 12 years, they have tripled in price. That ain't slow. That's jacked.
C) As with the Sunday Ticket, and game tickets, you can't believe that they now pay beer vendors and floor sweepers triple what they did 10-12 years ago. Only sports salaries have gone up at that pace, not the regular Joe. Not the Common Man (not even Dan Cole).

Again, nobody here can blame Bradford. Or Sanchez. Or even J-Mark Russell. Nobody would pass on that kind of lottery winning. It's the NFL and NFLPA that is responsible, not the players. And football players deserve more money than baseball or basketball players, that's for sure.

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 07:35 AM
I dont get why you have beef with professional sports. The consumers are obviously the ones who pay for it and that involves sports as well as every other business. Steve Jobs is a billionaire and who pays for that? The consumers who constantly buy $2500 laptops and wait in huge lines to buy a $300 phone that doesnt work unless you hold it up your ear the proper way. Bank of America's CEO makes 30 million in one year yet your beef is with someone that makes 50 million over over 6 years?
Well, 4 wrongs don't make a right.
All those things are horse***t. They all pizz me off. The CEO who drives a companies stock into the ground, causes mass layoffs, tanks their 401K and pensions, etc but still makes tens of millions $ for his greedy efforts? Who thinks that's right? Only politicians who are funneled much of it, that's who.

Again, all those salaries, from the rookie bust who still pockets $35 million, to the crooked slimy CEO, CFO, etc. ultimately come from the consumer one way or the other. Prices need not be so high otherwise.
A lot of (bad) CEO's yearly bonuses or stock options are enough to bring back hundreds of regular people who have been laid off due to budget cuts at the company.

I believe NFL salaries should be the highest in all of pro sports, for a few reasons. The main one being they can have their knee torn apart on any play, or their leg broken, neck paralyzed, head knocked senseless, etc.
But incoming rookies should not get more than a proven Pro Bowler. That's fricking Lindsay Lohan-crazy.

Splat
07-31-2010, 08:37 AM
I don't know why anybody is surprised. Everybody should of expect this type of deal.

Glad to see they got the deal done. There's really no point in hindering Bradford's development or the team's by fighting over a couple million guaranteed dollars. If Bradford delivers it will all be worth it. He was the best player in the draft and if the Rams are patient, they should have a great young QB.

Umm no he wasn't.

Brent
07-31-2010, 09:19 AM
is anyone surprised? seriously?
they shouldn't be, but they are.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Pay the man!

- Peyton Manning

Joecool
07-31-2010, 10:21 AM
holy cow nipples!!! rams better win the super bowl this year then...

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Who here said they were surprised?
I didn't see anyone say they were surprised.

Big difference between being surprised, and believing it's ridiculous.

(scoop: 100% of NFL vets also think it's ridiculous, as evidenced by the current labor negotiations...)

Splat
07-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Big difference between being surprised, and believing it's ridiculous.

This.......

bigbluedefense
07-31-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm a Bradford fan. Hopefully for the Rams' sake, they don't rush him in too quickly. 50 mill is obviously too much money for a rookie, but that's how the market is. Until it's fixed, it is what it is.

SickwithIt1010
07-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Umm no he wasn't.

agreeeeeeeed!

JHasley10
07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Umm no he wasn't.

i agree, i think SUH was the best player in the draft by far

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 03:44 PM
i agree, i think SUH was the best player in the draft by farAgreed. Anyone think Bradford's shoulder could withstand a direct hit into the turf from Suh? I'm not sure it will hold up from a hit from a blitzing cornerback.

I'll need to see it a few times to believe it.

Now it's true there were a lot of questions & worries about Drew Brees shoulder when he left San Diego for New Orleans, and his wing has held strong.
Of course, Cam Cameron's Dolphins were worried enough about it that they instead chose to turn their future over to...... nevermind. A QB coming off 3 torn knee ligaments?

JHasley10
07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Agreed. Anyone think Bradford's shoulder could withstand a direct hit into the turf from Suh? I'm not sure it will hold up from a hit from a blitzing cornerback.

Now it's true there were a lot of questions & worries about Drew Brees shoulder when he left San Diego for New Orleans, and his wing has held strong.
Of course, Cam Cameron's Dolphins were worried enough about it that they instead chose to turn their future over to...... nevermind. A QB coming off 3 torn knee ligaments?

plus they traded a 2nd round pick away for him also. Brees was a rare miracle, most people thought his career was over.
the saints took a chance on him

Brent
07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
plus they traded a 2nd round pick away for him also. Brees was a rare miracle, most people thought his career was over.
the saints took a chance on him
funny thing about that is Payton tried to trade for Romo (before he was the Cowboys starter) when he took over as Saints coach, Brees was option B

Paranoidmoonduck
07-31-2010, 06:49 PM
funny thing about that is Payton tried to trade for Romo (before he was the Cowboys starter) when he took over as Saints coach, Brees was option B

That must have been a cost thing as much as anything else. Brees was expensive, Romo would have been much cheaper.

MetSox17
07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
That must have been a cost thing as much as anything else. Brees was expensive, Romo would have been much cheaper.

Not really. It was more of a Payton knew what Romo had in him thing. He's the sole reason why Romo signed with us as an UDFA.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Not really. It was more of a Payton knew what Romo had in him thing. He's the sole reason why Romo signed with us as an UDFA.

Right, and I'm saying that if Payton had sold the front office on getting Romo, I'm sure that giving up a draft pick and a cheap initial contract was probably the main reason they would go for Romo instead of a proven but very expensive player like Brees.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Tickets to games?

Then stop watching or caring about football. That simple.

dannyz
08-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Agreed. Anyone think Bradford's shoulder could withstand a direct hit into the turf from Suh? I'm not sure it will hold up from a hit from a blitzing cornerback.

I try to tell people that the Rams should have taken Suh, how can you pay a guy that much when the shoulder he trow with has been injured twice? I think if all three QB's Declare next year I think they will all be better Prospects than Bradford. The Rams could have taken Suh then one of the QB's next year.

descendency
08-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Bradford's shoulder is fine. His problem isn't his shoulder. It's how he takes most of his hits. He needs to start bracing for impact when he sees the rush coming instead of making stupid decisions. His QB coach will make sure he does.

He has terrible form when he takes hits. It basically asks a defender to snap his shoulder.

jayceheathman
08-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Well, 4 wrongs don't make a right.
All those things are horse***t. They all pizz me off. The CEO who drives a companies stock into the ground, causes mass layoffs, tanks their 401K and pensions, etc but still makes tens of millions $ for his greedy efforts? Who thinks that's right? Only politicians who are funneled much of it, that's who.

Again, all those salaries, from the rookie bust who still pockets $35 million, to the crooked slimy CEO, CFO, etc. ultimately come from the consumer one way or the other. Prices need not be so high otherwise.
A lot of (bad) CEO's yearly bonuses or stock options are enough to bring back hundreds of regular people who have been laid off due to budget cuts at the company.

I believe NFL salaries should be the highest in all of pro sports, for a few reasons. The main one being they can have their knee torn apart on any play, or their leg broken, neck paralyzed, head knocked senseless, etc.
But incoming rookies should not get more than a proven Pro Bowler. That's fricking Lindsay Lohan-crazy.

The NFL's pay scale is better than MLB's at least. If the player doesnt perform then you release them and you dont have to pay the remainder of their contract that isnt guaranteed. Granted, if you are a high first round pick then its different because you get money out the wazoo. Carlos Lee of the Astros is getting 100 million while hitting .230 and wont even drive in 100 runs yet the Astros have to keep paying him.

jayceheathman
08-01-2010, 02:50 AM

I agree. They are going to keep raising the prices while we the consumers are still willing to pay for it. If you dont want to pay for NFL Sunday ticket then go to Hooters on Sunday and get a meal while you watch the game.

steelersfan43
08-01-2010, 05:17 AM

Thats a terrible attitude. Why cant he hope for the thing he likes to be better? Your stupid.

TitanHope
08-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Thats a terrible attitude. Why cant he hope for the thing he likes to be better? Your stupid.

Touché, salesman.

steelersfan43
08-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Touché, salesman.

hahah its late... But that is a stupid thing to say, give up on the thing you love just because you wish some parts could be better? What kind of logic is that?

TitanHope
08-01-2010, 06:04 AM
hahah its late... But that is a stupid thing to say, give up on the thing you love just because you wish some parts could be better? What kind of logic is that?

There's a difference between mere hope and action.

I don't think Chris is talking about hope - he's talking about action. He's saying if guys seriously have an issue with the financial inflations in football, whether it's salaries or merchandise, then as consumers, the only way to change that is to stop putting in cash flow towards the NFL and it's partners. Ways that consumers do that is by buying NFL swag, tuning into games, and buying game tickets.

It goes without saying that most, at least, just hope the inflation situation corrects itself. But if the fans acting as the squeaky wheels truly have an issue with the way things are, then they need to stop any financial flow into the instituations they're complaining about. They probably won't do that though. They can complain all they want about how much things cost and how much players are paid, but it won't stop them from tuning in every sunday to cheer on those overpaid players on their team.

steelersfan43
08-01-2010, 06:30 AM
There's a difference between mere hope and action.

I don't think Chris is talking about hope - he's talking about action. He's saying if guys seriously have an issue with the financial inflations in football, whether it's salaries or merchandise, then as consumers, the only way to change that is to stop putting in cash flow towards the NFL and it's partners. Ways that consumers do that is by buying NFL swag, tuning into games, and buying game tickets.

It goes without saying that most, at least, just hope the inflation situation corrects itself. But if the fans acting as the squeaky wheels truly have an issue with the way things are, then they need to stop any financial flow into the instituations they're complaining about. They probably won't do that though. They can complain all they want about how much things cost and how much players are paid, but it won't stop them from tuning in every sunday to cheer on those overpaid players on their team.

Very true, people need to organize together on things like this but it will never happen..hahaha

But he also said stop Caring so I dont think thats what he was getting at.

Anywho I think that the players who entertain us every sunday should get most of the money, they deserve it more then the Owners do. Especially annoying ones like Jerry Jones.

Saints-Tigers
08-01-2010, 07:48 AM

The Saints didn't chase Romo until after they signed Brees.

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 08:06 AM
No, it's not that simple tough guy.

#1- I didn't pay for the Sunday Ticket last year for the first time in many years. Instead, I used the code from a friend who did, and was able to watch them online, and I also went to a few different sports bars during the year.

#2- I will NEVER EVER buy another jersey from NFL.com or NFLshop.com when I can get the same exact quality thing for 500% less from a site like jersey101.com, by avoiding paying huge fees to the NFLPA, NFL agents, league office, players, etc. If you think it really costs that much that a jersey should cost you $200, then by all means, send in your donations to the NFL.

#- "Then stop watching or caring about football. It's that simple". Reaaaaly? Nice attitude. Do you apply that philosophy to everything then? Parts of your classes suck, so just quit the class? Parts of your job suck, so just quit? Something about your girlfriend annoy you, so just break up with her? You don't like the aftereffects of getting hammered, so you stop drinking all together? Is that your life philosophy?

P-L
08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
No, it's not that simple tough guy.

#1- I didn't pay for the Sunday Ticket last year for the first time in many years. Instead, I used the code from a friend who did, and was able to watch them online, and I also went to a few different sports bars during the year.

#2- I will NEVER EVER buy another jersey from NFL.com or NFLshop.com when I can get the same exact quality thing for 500% less from a site like jersey101.com, by avoiding paying huge fees to the NFLPA, NFL agents, league office, players, etc. If you think it really costs that much that a jersey should cost you $200, then by all means, send in your donations to the NFL.

#- "Then stop watching or caring about football. It's that simple". Reaaaaly? Nice attitude. Do you apply that philosophy to everything then? Parts of your classes suck, so just quit the class? Parts of your job suck, so just quit? Something about your girlfriend annoy you, so just break up with her? You don't like the aftereffects of getting hammered, so you stop drinking all together? Is that your life philosophy?
1- If you don't pay for Sunday Ticket, then why does the price matter to you?

2- Again, if you can find the jersey for a cheaper price elsewhere then why does it matter what the NFL.com charges?

#- What do all these things have in common? You can't just change them by whining. Complaining about the problems you have with the NFL (or any of the things you mentioned for that matter) on an internet message board won't change anything. You either have to live with them or take action (example: totally stop giving them money forever or get a large amount of the NFL's customers to boycott until a change is made).

I seriously think that 90% of this board has never even taken a into to business class or they are just unbelievably far removed from reality. No one in the business industry cares about how much money you have in your bank account as long as some of that money is going into their pockets. And to sf43, it is totally asinine to hope for or suggest a company is going to lower prices when their current customers are paying the current price. No one is going lower prices just to be "nice."

Paranoidmoonduck
08-01-2010, 11:01 AM

That's not what Brent said, but I don't know any better.

steelersfan43
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
1- If you don't pay for Sunday Ticket, then why does the price matter to you?

2- Again, if you can find the jersey for a cheaper price elsewhere then why does it matter what the NFL.com charges?

#- What do all these things have in common? You can't just change them by whining. Complaining about the problems you have with the NFL (or any of the things you mentioned for that matter) on an internet message board won't change anything. You either have to live with them or take action (example: totally stop giving them money forever or get a large amount of the NFL's customers to boycott until a change is made).

I seriously think that 90% of this board has never even taken a into to business class or they are just unbelievably far removed from reality. No one in the business industry cares about how much money you have in your bank account as long as some of that money is going into their pockets. And to sf43, it is totally asinine to hope for or suggest a company is going to lower prices when their current customers are paying the current price. No one is going lower prices just to be "nice."

Really? you dont understand why he wants the prices lower? Maybe he would like those things but cant afford it at the current price.... Simple concept mr business man...

I never suggested that at all. I said it is stupid to suggest someone Stop caring about football because they wish prices would be lower.

P-L
08-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Really? you dont understand why he wants the prices lower? Maybe he would like those things but cant afford it at the current price.... Simple concept mr business man...
He is getting his NFL Sunday Ticket through a friend and he is getting his jerseys from other places. Did you not read what he wrote? If he is already getting Sunday Ticket for free, why would he suddenly start paying for it should the price come down? I am simply asking him why the price that the NFL charges matters, when he is already getting those things at a cheaper price.

I never suggested that at all. I said it is stupid to suggest someone Stop caring about football because they wish prices would be lower.
You said:

"Why cant he hope for the thing he likes to be better?"

Because he is hoping for something completely unrealistic. Which was my point. It is stupid to sit around and hope for cheaper prices, when the NFL has absolutely nothing to gain by lowering them. He doesn't have to stop caring about football but then he just has to deal with the price they charge for their product.

Bucs_Rule
08-01-2010, 07:30 PM
With just an antenna, you'd get 4 games a week. Add in basic cable, gives you ESPN for a 5th. Satellite would give you additional regional stations that show more games.

You'd likely watch at least one of those games a week even with Sunday Ticket.

Monomach
08-02-2010, 03:46 AM
$50 million guaranteed.

...for the second best QB in the draft.

...A guy I graded as a third rounder.

Marty Hurney deserves a fat bonus. He looks like a genius right now.

Kurve
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
See who fricken said that every year the 1st pick has to make more guarenteed then the year before ...just nutz if you ask me. Guy hasnt even thrown a ball in the NFL makes more Guarenteed money then manning and brady who have 4 rings between each other and 6 superbowl appearances.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I bet Jake Locker is sorry now.

K Train
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM

just because he was taken first doesnt mean hes the best player in the draft....berry and suh were the better players, and i think about 20 players were better than bradford.

the ****** up thing is ONE year difference and hes getting a significant amount more than stafford and hes about half the pro prospect stafford was imo

Fat_Actor
08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Wonder what kinda car he is gonna get?

TACKLE
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
just because he was taken first doesnt mean hes the best player in the draft....berry and suh were the better players, and i think about 20 players were better than bradford.

the ****** up thing is ONE year difference and hes getting a significant amount more than stafford and hes about half the pro prospect stafford was imo

Really? The #1 pick isn't always the best player in the draft. Oh ****! hanks for telling me I never knew that before. :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said. Bradford was the best player in the draft regardless of position.

Monomach
08-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Really? The #1 pick isn't always the best player in the draft. Oh ****! hanks for telling me I never knew that before. :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said. Bradford was the best player in the draft regardless of position.

Oh, come on. He's not even the best QB in his draft class.

descendency
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Whoever is the #1 pick next year, baring a wage scale, will likely be guaranteed between 55 (bottom) and 60 (QB) million on a 6 year contract.

TACKLE
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh, come on. He's not even the best QB in his draft class.

Are you suggesting that Clausen > Bradford?

If so, that's hilarious.

LonghornsLegend
08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Right, and I'm saying that if Payton had sold the front office on getting Romo, I'm sure that giving up a draft pick and a cheap initial contract was probably the main reason they would go for Romo instead of a proven but very expensive player like Brees.

They were opting to go that route over Brees, but I believe at that point Parcells was also high on Romo even before he was a starter and knew what we had and wasn't going to trade him.

It wasn't until 2006 when any pick was offered for him, and by then Romo had been looking very impressive in pre-season and it was looking like he was going to be groomed to eventually get his chance.

Payton offered a 3rd rounder, Jerry said it would have to be a 2nd rounder at least as a starting point which off set the negotiations, and Romo ended up starting later on that season.

That's not true. It wasn't until negotiations broke down that they went ahead and offered Brees. I mean, he was paid 60 million dollars, what sense would it make to spend that type of money on a franchise QB who was still young, then send out a 3rd rounder soon after for a back-up who was still young?

Romo was plan A because he was cheaper on all fronts. Don't take that as me saying Romo is, or was better, he just made alot more sense and Brees was a very huge risk.

Monomach
08-04-2010, 02:58 AM

If so, that's hilarious.

Yes, that is what I'm suggesting.

...and I don't think it's particularly close. I think Clausen pretty much blows him out of the water.

descendency
08-04-2010, 04:00 AM
I would have said Clausen > Bradford before training camp, but Clausen is struggling in an offense very similar to one run at Notre Dame. He can't even beat out hunter cantwell.

Saints-Tigers
08-04-2010, 04:47 AM
I don't remember the talk then, but I know we were still trying to get him after we had Brees, they really wanted him as an insurance policy.

killxswitch
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM

If so, that's hilarious.

Your idea that Bradford is the best player in this draft class is hilarious.

49erNation85
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM

If so, that's hilarious.

Nope hes not suggestion but I am at this one .
Tebow > Bradford ...

K Train
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah as a fullback

brat316
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Has anyone order from Jersey101? I don't like buying things from China seems shady.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure about which QB is better than the other, but Suh, McCoy, and Berry >>>>>>> Bradford.

Suh and McCoy are elite DT prospects, not only the best prospects at their position. They're as good as DT prospects get.

Every single draft has strong classes and weak classes at certain positions. This year was a very strong class for defensive tackles, but a very weak one for QB's. Next year's draft will probably boast the best group of WR's we'll get in a while, but a very weak OT class.

Rams had to take Bradford 1. because of the money they'd spend, after already spending a lot on Chris Long and 2. because they already passed on a franchise QB to get a defensive lineman (Ryan and Long), and that hasn't worked out too well for them.

Suh as a DT is what Calvin Johnson was as a WR prospect, or what Joe Thomas was as an OT prospect, or what Sean Taylor was as a S prospect. They're the best of the best. If you take the best prospects per position from the past decade, I'm pretty sure all of those guys would be near or at the top of their respective lists.

Bradford wouldn't. Stafford would be on it, for starters, and then there's Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, David Carr, and others. Depending on who you ask, even JaMarcus could be on it. Rocket launcher for an arm, huge size, mobile, won big games, basically everything teams drool for. Had he had some kind of work ethic, he'd be a decent QB. If he had a good work ethic, who knows how good he'd be right now.

And that's leaving some guys out of the list. Vick, Rivers, Alex Smith, all those guys were very highly touted QB prospects as well. I'm pretty sure Bradford beats some of them, but not more than half.

Just my 2 cents.