PDA

View Full Version : THe NFL HAS to do something about...

bucfan12
08-01-2010, 12:37 PM
...the money rookies are receiving. Just recently I read that Suh wants more money, 6 years 90 million with 56 mil guaranteed.

Listen, it's not that I don't think he and players like Gerald McCoy and Eric Berry, or Sam Bradford, but they do not deserve the contracts they most recently received. If anything, the Jarmarcus Russell is a prime example of players that seem to take the money and then don't do anything after that. This has a lot to do with the NFL having many 1st round busts lately.

Again, I know this has aggravated a lot of other people and this topic has been discussed many times before, but the contract Bradford received without taking a snap and in my opinion, shouldn't even play this year, is just ridiculous.

CLong4Heisman
08-01-2010, 12:46 PM
They should only need to revamp the top 10 money. Guys like Kyle Wilson who get 5 years and 13 million is not a bad deal at all.

Giantsfan1080
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
They'll fix it when they agree on the new CBA.

P-L
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Eugene Parker just shot down the rumors that they are asking for more money than Sam Bradford.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/08/conflicting_rumors_surface_in.html

bucfan12
08-01-2010, 01:15 PM
P-L:

It's hard to imagine as both the ceiling and floor have been set for Suh to sign for. His contract should be easy to negotiate if their wasn't some lucrative demand, and I think that's the problem here. Also another problem is he hired Eugene Parker as his agent.

Bucs_Rule
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
P-L:

It's hard to imagine as both the ceiling and floor have been set for Suh to sign for. His contract should be easy to negotiate if their wasn't some lucrative demand, and I think that's the problem here. Also another problem is he hired Eugene Parker as his agent.

That is exactly right, his contract should be exactly have way between Bradford and McCoy.

He's never going to get more money than Bradford. He can't threaten to hold out and re-enter the draft. The CBA will almost certainly reduce top rookie contract and even if it didn't, he wouldn't be drafted nearly as high.

Its gotta be a false rumor. Makes no sense.

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I appreciate and respect the passion and care that a lot of you fans show towards this.

I suspect you agree with me, that IF the players are to get that much/% of money, then it should go more towards players who have produced for a few years, not rookies.

I personally think the vets are paid enough. I think their mimimum is $1.3 mil now.