PDA

View Full Version : OCHOCINCO; love him or hate him?

J-Mike88
08-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Love, like, or hate him?

I'm a Packer fan of course so I have no rivalry with him like a Steeler or Raven or Brown fan might, but the bast*rd did score to help beat us last year in a shocker.

But I still have to admit I like the guy. I think he's funny, and doesn't try and be tough, he's not a wannabe thug, etc.

He's pretty hilarious IMO.

What is your overall opinion on 85?

ykuGLK5CFjE

Rob S
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I LOVE me some OG Ochocinco

Saints-Tigers
08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Mad love for Chad.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I'll say I love him... He's entertaining and a good enough football player that he can back up what he says most of the time.

Splat
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
This thread should have to be on pay preview.

K Train
08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
hate him, he never really does much against the steelers and talks an awful lot of **** on them. ike taylor consistently makes him his *****

i dont hate him for his actions though, he is kind of funny most of the time with the stuff he does, i more hate him cause hes a bengal by default. i think if he were a steeler or on any other team id be neutral on him, laugh at his stuff sometimes and say what he did was stupid sometimes

LonghornsLegend
08-05-2010, 08:16 PM
There should be no reason to hate Chad, he works hard, likes to have fun, and is very good at what he does.

Some people may not consider him elite, but you'll have to look very hard to find many WR's who can match his 6 year stretch from 2002-2007 in terms of consistency and productivity. He just barely missed catching 90+ balls 5 of those years, two seasons over 1400 yards, and 4 seasons averaging over 15 YPC.

For as much love as Reggie Wayne is getting in the other thread, even his 6 years from 04-09 don't match up, and Wayne has had alot more chances and a better situation to perform in. Chad I don't think was ever considered the best WR in the league at one time, but it's pretty impressive to be that good for that long of a period.

vikes_28
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
He's a pretty classy player IMO. If he gets knocked the **** out, he doesn't act like it was a cheap shot (even if it kind of was). He plays the game like it's a tough sport. Which it is. I love him.

Saints-Tigers
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Everyone, stop pretending like you have to be a good player to talk smack.

Remember how much we loved Fred-ex.

Smooth Criminal
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Hate. I hate players in all sports that think they have to resort to antics like his in order to keep the attention on himself while there are more talented players getting less attention.

He should let his talking happen on the field. See Andre Johnson.

LonghornsLegend
08-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Hate. I hate players in all sports that think they have to resort to antics like his in order to keep the attention on himself while there are more talented players getting less attention.

So are you willing to admit that you hate him because your a Steeler fan? There is no shame in that, at least K train did it. Also, you should probably realize not all NFL players have the same personality. Andre Johnson was probably quiet in High School and growing up, Chad wasn't, you can't expect all players to act exactly the same, of course stuff like that pisses you off being on a rival team more so then normal.

fenikz
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
love him but Dockett is far more entertaining

vidae
08-05-2010, 08:58 PM
^ homer!

I love Chad and have for a while. A few years ago people were talking mad **** on him too. Wonder what changed.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Me and my brother always argue about this, he basically says the same thing but football is all about entertainment. How can people hate on a football player for being entertaining?

PoopSandwich
08-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Love him, hes hilarious.

Nalej
08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Love Love Love

Rosebud
08-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Chad's awesome, he's tough on the field and funny and genuinely good person.

TitanHope
08-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I absolutely love Ochocinco. I'd straight do him. Like straight...do...him.

Monomach
08-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I hated him until the Bengals were on Hard Knocks. I liked him after that. Once his cheesy-ass dating show Ultimate Catch came on, I can't help but love him. He's hilarious.

A Perfect Score
08-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm a Ravens fan and I still love him. For all the trash talking and flak he catches for being showy, the guy works hard and is damn good at what he does.

Bengalsrocket
08-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I feel like one of the few people who defended Chad when everyone was ripping on him a few years ago (he said he wanted out of Cincinnati, but I believe his situation was pretty understandable). At that time, most Bengals fans wanted to dump Chad to keep TJ on the team lol.

Jvig43
08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
^ homer!

I love Chad and have for a while. A few years ago people were talking mad **** on him too. Wonder what changed.

They started winning, and clearly when they werent it was Chads fault. I love him even more for that whole incident. Everyone in Cincy was coming down on this guy for their poor season and he stuck through it and kept playing. I dont mind him goofing around on the field as some people do, if he wants to have fun and pay a fine for it thats up to him.

tenorx
08-06-2010, 06:48 AM
As a Steelers fan I love Ocho :P One of the most entertaining player ever, also my favourite player who is not a Steeler

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2010, 07:02 AM
So are you willing to admit that you hate him because your a Steeler fan? There is no shame in that, at least K train did it. Also, you should probably realize not all NFL players have the same personality. Andre Johnson was probably quiet in High School and growing up, Chad wasn't, you can't expect all players to act exactly the same, of course stuff like that pisses you off being on a rival team more so then normal.

Nope, theres plenty of players on rival teams I like and Chad hasn't ever really done anything against the Steelers.

I just think he's a horse's ass and he's not the kind of person I like. His acts arn't funny and he only does them to keep the spotlight on himself. I'm not a big fan of attention whores.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Me and my brother always argue about this, he basically says the same thing but football is all about entertainment. How can people hate on a football player for being entertaining?

Because everythings not entertaining to everyone. I watch football and I wanna see players making great plays on the field. The sideline drama just distracts from that and I find that annoying.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Ias a total neutral observer, LIS to start the thread, I am finding it vewwy intawesting that the only people who seem to be rubbed the wrong way or have no sense of humor when it comes to Chad happen to be Steelers fans, and they're coming off a bad year. Hmmmmmm

K Train
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Ias a total neutral observer, LIS to start the thread, I am finding it vewwy intawesting that the only people who seem to be rubbed the wrong way or have no sense of humor when it comes to Chad happen to be Steelers fans, and they're coming off a bad year. Hmmmmmm

9-7 isnt a terrible year lol, much was left to be desired but i wouldnt call it bad.

i would be neutral on chad if he was a steeler...id think he was funny sometimes, id think he was stupid sometimes...but since hes a bengal im ok with just not liking or caring at all lol

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-06-2010, 08:45 AM
I like him, if I wasn't a Ravens fan, I'd love him.

wicket
08-06-2010, 09:05 AM
i like chad johnson as a player but he is an annoying character iyam

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Love him. Always have. I'm secretly hoping the Bengals choke this year, don't pick up his option and he signs with NE next year.

Well, I guess it's not secretly anymore.

hate him. the end zone dances are not, have never been, and will never be entertaining, moreso when done by a completely average to slightly above-average wr.

and only posting so that y'all can't say 'people just hate him because they're bitter steelers fans'.

Well, to be fair, you do generally seem bitter. lol

His dances are pretty lame most of the time. The HOF jacket thing was the most disappointing nonsense I've seen in a long time. Though I did like the river dance.

yourfavestoner
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Love him.

Give me a guy willing to show his personality (narcissistic as he is) over a robot any day of the week.

I'm so over political correctness and PR madness by athletes, coaches, etc. I'm tired of hearing the same five cliches throughout the year by every single athlete or coach.

Saints-Tigers
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Both teams played hard.

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
NFL random drug tests are just his chance to piss excellence for them. Just ask him.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Love Him. Personalities like his come few and far between. He's a hard worker. Entertaining as hell.

Hines
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I love him. He cracks me up. I can't take him seriously when he trash talks. He and Joey had some nice duels going on when Joey was in Pittsburgh. Chad is one of my favorite non Steelers.

Shane P. Hallam
08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I love Ocho, and I'm a Steeler fan. The guy works his butt off, keeps his antics as off the field stuff that doesn't distract unlike someone like TO has in the past. I think he is still underrated as a player.

Hines
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I wonder what TO and Chad have brainstormed to come up with regarding TD celebrations.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I wonder what TO and Chad have brainstormed to come up with regarding TD celebrations.

I hope its something good.

ThePudge
08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I love him. I'm a sucker for VH1 reality shows and the Ochocinco show is the best thing on that network since Tool Academy ended its last season. I like him a lot as a player too and there's only one season where I'd say he was even remotely a locker room cancer. He just wants to have fun

Rosebud
08-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Nope, theres plenty of players on rival teams I like and Chad hasn't ever really done anything against the Steelers.

I just think he's a horse's ass and he's not the kind of person I like. His acts arn't funny and he only does them to keep the spotlight on himself. I'm not a big fan of attention whores.

I'm curious what it is about him that makes him a horse's ass? His generosity? His great work ethic and toughness? Or is it exclusively the fact that he's an extrovert and naturally funny guy?

Chad's not an attention ***** in the reality TV look-at-me type of way, he's just one of those people who's personality fits very well with being the center of attention. Now that's very different from me because I'm usually more quiet and need to get comfortable around people before I loosen up unless I'm consciously trying to meet people, so I may be biased in liking him for being good at some of the things I'm not naturally good at, but Chad's a good guy who's just trying to have fun. And it's not like his antics interfere with him being a wonderful WR.

Saints-Tigers
08-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Plus, he has a reality TV show, so he kinda is an attention ***** in the reality TV kinda way, haha.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Chad just tweeted this video, and you can see in many comments, they got it from his link in twitter.
+Rep if you LYFA off at the brutha Antoine!!!!

wAW0c5kjDwo

ThePudge
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Chad likes attention and I think attention kind of follows him due to his personality. My personal favorite was when he raced the race-horse. If he didn't like attention he wouldn't willingly broadcast himself on TV, on twitter, and he wouldn't bother making bold comments. On and off the field he likes to have fun, he loves his fans, and he definitely enjoys the camera. That all said, he hasn't been a distraction aside from 2008 when the team was in shambles.

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Chad just tweeted this video, and you can see in many comments, they got it from his link in twitter.
+Rep if you LYFA off at the brutha Antoine!!!!

wAW0c5kjDwo

omfg thank you 8 5

descendency
08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I find him to be funny. I imagine he's annoying when you're a Bengals fan though.

tenorx
08-06-2010, 05:32 PM
hMtZfW2z9dw
:D

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I find him to be funny. I imagine he's annoying when you're a Bengals fan though.

He was annoying in 08 when Palmer got hurt and his playful shenanigans turned to bad shenanigans. Other wise he was great as a fan. Jokes with fans and always puts on a show

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 06:47 PM
OK, this is great. BatSegway and RobSegway
http://web2.twitpic.com/img/141503475-54efd8ca6f024c8876f563e2f6fe1fe7.4c5ca200-scaled.jpg

Chad actually rode his into the locker room.

prock
08-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Love Love Love Love