PDA

View Full Version : NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048

Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

The 2006 Super Bowl, Steelers over Seahawks

Paranoidmoonduck
08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
It's nice to see him admitting he made a mistake.

I still think the Steelers would have won that game regardless.

Splat
08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Get a rope.

wonderbredd24
08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
That game was an officiating abortion, which NFL Network's Top 10 has been more than happy to demonstrate as the entire game was its #7 most contraversial call

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
That game was an officiating abortion, which NFL Network's Top 10 has been more than happy to demonstrate as the entire game was its #7 most contraversial call

HA.
I remember watching it and thinking "What did that ref see?" the entire game.

zachsaints52
08-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I watched it at a party that had Heath Millers family there, and they even was sad to see how bad the officiating was.

FUNBUNCHER
08-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Inexcusable.

The NFL needs to have minimum 6 cameras to record field play on every down, three separate cameras for the endzone.

Not a fan of Holgrem, but they were robbed of points in that game.

Ravens1991
08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
They need to get full time refs. It is a multi BILLION dollar industry you need full time refs. Do something that will actually help the game goodell. I despise Goodell so much. He wants to fart around changing th logo how about you actually do something to improve the game.

I mean you gotta play around that **** w/ the refs and all that. That is one thing I learned from wrestling. But you have to make the refs full time.

Complex
08-06-2010, 09:28 PM

The Steelers benefited alot from refs, I think the had like 4-5 spots on that list. The Raiders on the other hand got screwed.

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
They need to get full time refs. It is a multi BILLION dollar industry you need full time refs. Do something that will actually help the game goodell. I despise Goodell so much. He wants to fart around changing th logo how about you actually do something to improve the game.

I mean you gotta play around that **** w/ the refs and all that. That is one thing I learned from wrestling. But you have to make the refs full time.

The worst part about wrestling was when you had a homer ref who gave "easy" points for a TD for the other guy and made you finish it ALL the way.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Refs don't get enough credit/blame for influenicing winners and losers in games.
This was the biggest & worst example.

But many games have some big calls not late in the game that cost a team a TD, or affect the way a team plays.

Anyone here remember Larry Fitzgerald just shoving Charles Woodson, two times and once to the ground for a wide open TD, in our playoff game this year? Those calls are huge.

The only one worse than the refs in that Seattle-Pittsburgh game was Roethlisberger, and he got bailed out.

trkaline
Well they're looking into chipping up the balls. Mistakes will still be made in the beginning, but any technology that helps eliminate human error is a good thing.

Bengals78
Refs don't get enough credit/blame for influenicing winners and losers in games.

But many games have some big calls not late in the game that cost a team a TD, or affect the way a team plays.

Anyone here remember Larry Fitzgerald just shoving Charles Woodson, two times and once to the ground for a wide open TD, in our playoff game this year? Those calls are huge.

The only one worse than the refs in that Seattle-Pittsburgh game was Roethlisberger, and he got bailed out.

Do you mean him sucking or sneaking the ball across when he was already down?

Ravens1991
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
The worst part about wrestling was when you had a homer ref who gave "easy" points for a TD for the other guy and made you finish it ALL the way.

yeah one time it was the final match in a dual. final OT. My teammate dropped to a single and was sprawled out clinging on. the ref gave our opponent an escape and lost us the dual meet. My coach lost his mind. I still get pissed about it a year and a half later.

Anyway as a Ravens fan my squad had a lot of drama regarding calls. It sucks but ya just gotta pony up and play. Bitching about it every press conference will make it worse.

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Well they're looking into chipping up the balls. Mistakes will still be made in the beginning, but any technology that helps eliminate human error is a good thing.

That isn't a good idea IMO.
Unless the technology is absolutely flawless.

trkaline
08-06-2010, 09:36 PM
That isn't a good idea IMO.
Unless the technology is absolutely flawless.

Well of course I'm sure they will put it through rigorous testing, and the refs will still be their, it will probably mostly be an aid in it's infancy.

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 09:37 PM
yeah one time it was the final match in a dual. final OT. My teammate dropped to a single and was sprawled out clinging on. the ref gave our opponent an escape and lost us the dual meet. My coach lost his mind. I still get pissed about it a year and a half later.

Anyway as a Ravens fan my squad had a lot of drama regarding calls. It sucks but ya just gotta pony up and play. Bitching about it every press conference will make it worse.

I had a kid pinned for a good 10 seconds, was like 5 points from a tech so I gave it up and worked for something else and didnt even get near-fall and he got an escape. My coach got kicked out.

I lost for making a kid cry. Right off the bell, shot a double and brought him hard to the mat and then he cried and they called it and said I did a body slam.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I assume putting chips in the ball would just be to detect if they crossed the goal line, yeah?

trkaline
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I assume putting chips in the ball would just be to detect if they crossed the goal line, yeah?

Most likely in the beginning, I'm gonna look for the article.

trkaline
08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20012807-17.html

Brent
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
so, does that mean the Seagulls are going to get this one back?

Bengals78
08-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Get Bettis off his ass and re-do!

descendency
08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Admitting a mistake in a regular season game is a good idea. It shows the fans that matter that you are actually willing to admit mistakes

In a Super Bowl, it's a really really stupid idea. Even though I (and quite a few Patriots fans) feel jewed out of the 2007 Super Bowl where the OL could have raped the DL and not gotten a flag (the big play in particular where face masks are grabbed and players are ripped to the ground and eli still is almost sacked), the referee who was supposed to be watching for this should most definitely not admit it. It's asking for Pandora's Box to be opened. Conspiracies will now become 'more legitimate' and it just invites idiots in all places (including Washington DC) to 'investigate' this more.

Shiver
08-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I love the nonsensical rhetoric that comes out whenever this happens. Like "full time" refs. As if they will sit around studying film in the off-season and it will make them clairvoyant during the game. Human error is not something that can be corrected. Mistakes will happen. Get over it.

Brent
08-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Human error is not something that can be corrected. Mistakes will happen. Get over it.
there is a reason that they now review every play in the booth.

vikes_28
08-07-2010, 12:22 AM
I seriously think that there are biased refs in the NFL.

LizardState
08-07-2010, 12:53 AM
That was really one of the most one-sided officiating imbalances in recent NFL history. Remember all those jokes afterward about how the real Terrible Towel was the little yellow flag the zebras dropped?

I think some officials are prejudiced against certain players like that NBA crooked ref said in his interview about throwing games, they want to send messages to specific players they want disciplined.

prock
08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
So now we gotta wait like 4 more years until they admit the mistakes of the 2010 NFCCG ;)

Paranoidmoonduck
08-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Admitting a mistake in a regular season game is a good idea. It shows the fans that matter that you are actually willing to admit mistakes

In a Super Bowl, it's a really really stupid idea. Even though I (and quite a few Patriots fans) feel jewed out of the 2007 Super Bowl where the OL could have raped the DL and not gotten a flag (the big play in particular where face masks are grabbed and players are ripped to the ground and eli still is almost sacked), the referee who was supposed to be watching for this should most definitely not admit it. It's asking for Pandora's Box to be opened. Conspiracies will now become 'more legitimate' and it just invites idiots in all places (including Washington DC) to 'investigate' this more.

Yeah! Never admit you were wrong even though everyone knows you were! **** your conscience ref, you cannot absolve yourself through public apology!

Also, a Pats fan complaining about bad calls is, quite possibly, the most insane thing I've ever heard. The Pats have less claim to bitching about bad calls than any fan in the entire NFL.

prock
08-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah! Never admit you were wrong even though everyone knows you were! **** your conscience ref, you cannot absolve yourself through public apology!

Also, a Pats fan complaining about bad calls is, quite possibly, the most insane thing I've ever heard. The Pats have less claim to bitching about bad calls than any fan in the entire NFL.

I used to have a sig quote of realitycheck saying "Yes, the Patriots are cursed". I think that is more insane than one bitching about bad calls, although it may be close.

Shiver
08-07-2010, 01:59 AM
there is a reason that they now review every play in the booth.

They've messed that up too. See 1999 NFCCG Rams vs. Buccaneers.

DeathbyStat
08-07-2010, 07:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048

Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

The 2006 Super Bowl, Steelers over Seahawks

Get over it, If the Bengals had won the super bowl on bad calls, you wouldn't be posting this.

FUNBUNCHER
08-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Get over it, If the Bengals had won the super bowl on bad calls, you wouldn't be posting this.

Is this really a great argument?? Refs make bad calls in every game, but all 'bad calls' are not the same; rarely if ever do the directly impact the final outcome on the scoreboard, and seldom are they so God awful that even most neutral fans agree the refs tilted the game.

The Skins in the 1982(?) NFCCG against the Niners were the beneficiaries of multiple 'questionable' calls that kept a game winning drive alive for Washington that ultimately sent them to the SB where they proceeded to get raped by the Oakland/L.A. Raiders.

When there are credible arguments that a ref's bad call directly affected the final score, it's a permanent black stain on the game.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2010, 09:35 AM
It's nice to see him admitting he made a mistake.

I still think the Steelers would have won that game regardless.

I agree. I think we could have played 10 quarters and had the same result, but that doesn't excuse the mistakes here.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 09:56 AM

Wait....nope still a dumb argument.
I post a link from ESPN about a pretty big story. I dont ever remember a ref admitting he booted calls in the Super Bowl before. And you turn it into a Bengals/Steelers thing. Guilty conscious or just that lame of an argument.
It is generally accepted that the reffing was complete **** that game.
Now one of the refs admits he agrees.
Get over it.
Sour grapes.

I agree with Shane. If the Bengals would have won, I would have been happy as anyone. But it doesnt make it right with the bad calls. Although I believe Cowher himself said if Carson didn't get hurt it would have been us in that SB....

Hines
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I admit there were bad calls, but it was 4 and a half years ago. Time to move on and get over it.

nepg
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM

People always try to dismiss a Pats fan talking about bad calls, but they only ever come back with the Tuck Rule (which was used against the Pats in the regular season v. St. Louis - a game the Pats would have won without the call) and physical play against the Colts that was completely within the rules (until they changed the rules/interpretation of the rules).

I try not to worry about the officiating, but the Pats have gotten seriously screwed in recent years, especially in the playoffs. They have not been favored by the refs for some time now, especially when they play the Colts (the calls and non-calls against the Pats when they play Indy have just been absurd). My favorite was when the refs basically handed the Broncos ~22 points or something like that on bad calls in a playoff game a few years ago (2006?).

The Pats aren't cursed, but they to say they don't have claim to bad officiating against them is craaaazzzy, blatant haterism.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
There was no changing or re-interpretation of the rules. They just emphasized it more. I still remember a Patriot grabbing Marcus Pollard's arm while the ball was in the air, on its way to Pollard.

No call.

And I'm sure it was the refs that cost you that game by forcing the Patriots to commit 5 turnovers.

nepg
08-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I still remember the pass interference call on Ellis Hobbs that gave the Colts a TD they didn't deserve, then getting an apology letter in his locker when training camp started up again...and like a million other (non-)calls.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 11:07 AM
My family in Indiana loves the Colts and I remember how mad my uncle was when I think it was Ty Law just straight armbarred the Colts WR. Then the Colts lost the game.

LizardState
08-07-2010, 11:28 AM
People always try to dismiss a Pats fan talking about bad calls, but they only ever come back with the Tuck Rule (which was used against the Pats in the regular season v. St. Louis - a game the Pats would have won without the call) and physical play against the Colts that was completely within the rules (until they changed the rules/interpretation of the rules).

I try not to worry about the officiating, but the Pats have gotten seriously screwed in recent years, especially in the playoffs. They have not been favored by the refs for some time now, especially when they play the Colts (the calls and non-calls against the Pats when they play Indy have just been absurd). My favorite was when the refs basically handed the Broncos ~22 points or something like that on bad calls in a playoff game a few years ago (2006?).

The Pats aren't cursed, but they to say they don't have claim to bad officiating against them is craaaazzzy, blatant haterism.

I think the NFL has certain designated glamor teams from time to time & the flags tend to fall on their opponents.

It was Dallas back in the glory days of the 70s, then the 9ers in the 80s, then New England in the 90s after hiring Bellichick but they lost their tiara when they were fined millions for videotaping opponents & the Bellicheat Era began. Some have said the Giants are the glamor team forever (League HQ is in NYC, the Mara family very influential in the NFL for generations), I do think teams with a Manning at QB have that glamor designation as indicated by the amount of media ink they generate & it certainly applied to the Colts for awhile but not in their recent playoff chokes. They will never admit it in Pittsburgh but it's been the Steelers for quite awhile now -- look at the multiple no-calls last 2 SB wins, pretty awful.

I admire teams who cultivate a public image that shuns the glamor team designations, like the GB Packers as the blue collar, lunchpail quintessential small mkt. team & the only one of 32 owned by the town itself, & of course the Raiders who cultivated the Just Win, Baby (even if you cheat) image as the most hated & feared team in the league, well they used to be anyway, now they're recovering from the League laughingstock image. Team images change all the time, & why not? Teams change cities & owners now all the time.

Babylon
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
That was really one of the most one-sided officiating imbalances in recent NFL history. Remember all those jokes afterward about how the real Terrible Towel was the little yellow flag the zebras dropped?

I think some officials are prejudiced against certain players like that NBA crooked ref said in his interview about throwing games, they want to send messages to specific players they want disciplined.

The Steelers had the refs on their side that day and it is too bad because i'm sure they think they could have won without the help and they might be right.

The worst i ever saw was the Patriots vs Raiders playoff in 77. Ben Dreith has since admitted he was a homer for the Raiders. The Pats had that one sewed up till a phantom roughing the passer call on 4th down when Sugar Bear Hamilton i guess touched your boy Kenny Stabler. (those Bama players get all the breaks)

Nalej
08-07-2010, 11:44 AM
The worst i ever saw was the Patriots vs Raiders playoff in 77.

On espn classics?!
I was negative seven years old when that game was played.

Never knew that. Makes me feel better about the Tuck Rule. Karma, *****!

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Roughing the Passer on a sack was pretty epic for Justin Smith.
We were close to making a playoff push in 06. Time is almost out and we are gonna win 13-7 against Tampa. Justin Smith bull rushes, sacks the QB and the defense holds! But wait, a flag. Roughing the Passer. Defense #90.
Roughing the Passer on a sack. Tampa scores and wins. Bengals end up 8-8 on the season. We could have been 10-6 except Shank Graham blew the field goal against Denver too.

steelernation77
08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Funny he won't clarify which calls he screwed up. One is obviously on the interception return.

I wonder if the Walrus is smiling as he suns his fat gut on the shores of Lake Erie? Lord knows he hasn't let go.

Babylon
08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Funny he won't clarify which calls he screwed up. One is obviously on the interception return.

I wonder if the Walrus is smiling as he suns his fat gut on the shores of Lake Erie? Lord knows he hasn't let go.

You could never tell if Holmgren was smiling or about to blow a gasket. My guess is he isnt smiling about that game.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Every team has bad calls, but the Pats fans have been the beneficiaries of bad calls and have won Superbowls as a result. If this is the case, your job as a fan is to shut the **** up about "bad calls". The Patriots have benefited from crap calls far more than they've been screwed, and it isn't even really close.

So yeah, they have a claim. And they look completely ridiculous when they make that claim.

Mr.Regular
08-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Im glad he admitted it.
It was painful to watch that game. Sure theres bad calls all the time, but that game was one of the worst Ive seen. When its the Super Bowl, and theres that many bad calls...all against one team, it's pretty inexcusable. But at least he owned up to it.
Poor Seattle fans, who knows how long it is until they get another chance.

soybean
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I love the nonsensical rhetoric that comes out whenever this happens. Like "full time" refs. As if they will sit around studying film in the off-season and it will make them clairvoyant during the game. Human error is not something that can be corrected. Mistakes will happen. Get over it.

The thing is, if you just "get over it" and chop it up to "oh well, they made a mistake" then it puts too much power in the refs hands. When a ref is being compromised (bribed) or has some financial interest in the winner, it'd be easy for him to screw up a call if he knows there will be no backlash or punishment.

I admit there were bad calls, but it was 4 and a half years ago. Time to move on and get over it.

LOL. Easy for you to say... that was seatles only ever superbowl.

CC.SD
08-08-2010, 01:14 PM

No offense but a pat fan complaining about holding from the O-line leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. Go back and watch those 2007 Pats, I have never seen a team get away with more holding over the course of an entire season.

also don't say jewed please, it's tacky.

nepg
08-08-2010, 03:54 PM
No offense but a pat fan complaining about holding from the O-line leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. Go back and watch those 2007 Pats, I have never seen a team get away with more holding over the course of an entire season.

also don't say jewed please, it's tacky.

Chargers fan complaining about the Patriots leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I've never seen a team complain about losing year-in and year-out than San Diego to New England. The only thing that kept it from being completely obnoxious is how hilarious it is to see a team talk **** all week, then still talk **** and whine after they lose.

General Zod
08-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry dude, are you gonna say that Tom Brady, the NFLs golden boy never gets any calls his way? I mean the league literally rewrites the rule book for him.

nepg
08-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry dude, are you gonna say that Tom Brady, the NFLs golden boy never gets any calls his way? I mean the league literally rewrites the rule book for him.

Did I say that? My point in derailing this thread was to point out that the Patriots don't get calls like people seem to think they do. When someone dismisses a Pats fan for talking about officiating as if the Pats don't have bad calls go against them on a regular basis, that's just ********. Yes, of course the Pats have gotten some calls...every good team gets calls. But the Pats have been on the other side of the bad calls more often than not since their last title...especially when they play other teams with great marketability like New York or Indy.

They had a lot of bad calls against them in 2007 (after the whole 'Spygate' crap hit), but they were just too good to be affected by officiating that year.

J-Mike88
08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I think that there are lot of neutral observers here (who don't like either the Pats or the Colts) who clearly remember the Patriots getting away with mauling, fondling, accosting all the Colts receivers back in the early to mid 00's. It was ugly, ugly enough that it prompted rules-changes.

Also, everyone remembers Super Bowl #1 was tainted as Charles Woodson's Raiders beat them. That play ended and everyone was resigned to the fate.

Some people may forget those big calls (Pats fans), but I don't think anyone else forgets them. Move on? Sure. But not forget.

nepg
08-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Again, Pats fans who watched all year were screaming at the TV about the tuck rule on that play. The Pats had that same effing rule go against them against the Rams that regular season (which no one talks about). It's a legit rule that the refs got right. Whether you like the rule or not is another matter.

And that's what I'm saying, the only thing anyone ever comes back with is the tuck rule and the Patriots playing physical with the Colts (most of it was toeing the line as far as legal play or not - I think most people enjoyed watching the Colts get smacked in the face at the time). Guess who was one of the big dogs on the competition committee? Bill Polian? That doesn't sound sketchy at all.

And that **** was 7 and 9 years ago...

Sniper
08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
And that's what I'm saying, the only thing anyone ever comes back with is the tuck rule and the Patriots playing physical with the Colts (most of it was toeing the line as far as legal play or not - I think most people enjoyed watching the Colts get smacked in the face at the time). Guess who was one of the big dogs on the competition committee? Bill Polian? That doesn't sound sketchy at all.

Bill Polian is the most annoying ************ associated with the NFL.

J-Mike88
08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
....the only thing anyone ever comes back with is the tuck rule and the Patriots playing physical with the Colts ...... And that **** was 7 and 9 years ago...
The "only" thing?
Those are 2 pretty **** big things, don't ya think?
And they happened in AFC Title games.

As for being 7 years ago, well that's when the legend of Tom Brady was made. And Belichick. It still matters.

Sniper
08-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Maybe so, but the Super Bowl was embarrassingly bad refereeing. The sheer amount of holding on Tyree's miracle catch alone should have drawn five flags.

What are you going to do, though? Refs are human,

nepg
08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
The tuck rule was a divisional round game. The Pats beat the **** out of the Steelers, then gave the business to the Rams after the Oakland game. People act like Oakland was going straight to the Super Bowl sans Tuck Rule...that was their first playoff game!

It matters, but it was all within the rules (or the way the rules were enforced). When they changed the rules, they started doing different things. Bottom line.

Babylon
08-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Bill Polian is the most annoying ************ associated with the NFL.

Don't forget Jerry Jones.

Sniper
08-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Don't forget Jerry Jones.

Jones doesn't ***** and moan every time his team loses a game. With Polian, it's always someone's fault for screwing the Colts over. Also, it's never, ever, EVER Peyton Manning's fault.

CC.SD
08-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Chargers fan complaining about the Patriots leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I've never seen a team complain about losing year-in and year-out than San Diego to New England. The only thing that kept it from being completely obnoxious is how hilarious it is to see a team talk **** all week, then still talk **** and whine after they lose.

Um, twice? Cause the Pats are really the beacon of sportsmanship. If pointing out how obnoxious the offensive holding was in 2007 brings this out, then I am really glad nobody has mentioned spygate.

jballa838
08-09-2010, 10:43 AM
you guys need to stop changing the subject and give the Seahawks their deserved superbowl rings.

thanks

Job
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM

A little food for thought : When's the last time you remember a ref being praised after a good game?

Fat_Actor
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I wish the refs in the Rams/Bucs 99 Championship admit they messed up next.
I would not of said the Steelers still would of won. Because one of those calls were reversed and maybe that game goes in another direction like maybe the Seahawks get motivation if that reversed call lead to a TD or something. There will not be nothing done about it, but Pittsburgh will have one of these * <<< next to their championship.

steelernation77
08-12-2010, 12:40 AM
The Pats beat the **** out of the Steelers,

Definitely rewriting history here. The Patriots beat the Steelers 24-17. Two of the Patriots' TDs came on special teams. One was a Troy Brown punt return for a TD and one was a blocked Pittsburgh FG returned for a TD.

FlyingElvis
08-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Good for this ref. Accountability is often lacking in our world (sports or otherwise) and I'm glad to see anyone step up. It may have impacted the game, but teams need to find ways to win, even if they have more competition than they expected. This SB still would have been an atrocity, either way.

As for all the nonsense about Pats fans not having the right to complain about officiating . . .

Really? Child please. Every team can claim bad calls. Saying anything to the contrary makes zero sense.

In truth, anybody who chooses to complain about officiating is finding excuses. Expect your team to overcome that **** and S.T.F.U. if they can't.

P-L
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
The Patriots received the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls during the 2007 season. However, the number of awful calls that went against them in the Colts game that year pretty much made up for the other 15 games. One of the worst calls I've ever seen came in that game. No one talks about it much, probably because the Patriots ended up winning, but it still baffles me to this day. Manning threw the ball to Reggie Wayne in the endzone (I think it was 3rd down). After not being touched the entire way down the field, Wayne shoves the corner down to the ground to stop a potential interception. Flag is thrown for pass interference... on the Patriots! Indy gets first and goal...

J-Mike88
08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
"Calls even up".
Do they? When?

Some games, a team gets 80% of the close calls.
I don't believe the refs (Tim Donaughy may argue me) are corrupt or anything's fixed.

I think they are just human, and make plenty of mistakes. As we all would.

But to sit on a high horse and act like there aren't games where one team gets dry-f**** is assenine and ignorant. Some teams have, do, and will again this year.

I agree about the lack of accountability, and also applaud this ref for showing a pair of ballz and admitting the Seahawks got hosed. I just hope they were normal human-error mistakes, and not anything else like fixes or favoring the powerhouse Steelers against the little, unaccomplished Seahawks.