PDA

View Full Version : Which team(s) would you be 'happy' to win the SB??

FUNBUNCHER
08-07-2010, 02:09 PM
As a Skins fan 4life, my favorite SB in recent memory was the Giants upset of the Patriots in SB XLII.
I was jumping up and down like a fool watching that game, and when Eli broke free on that mad scramble to hit David Tyree, I almost had a 'bladder issue'. And when Plax caught the go-ahead TD, I felt like I WON the Super Bowl!!

Mind you, I respect the Giants, but I really don't like them, own any of their merchandise, and for the most part when they're on TV, I'm a neutral observer.
It's like this; if the Skins go 2-14, but they beat the Giants twice, IMO the Skins had a good season.

Same way I feel about the Eagles and Cowboys.

But still there are some teams that part of me would be 'happy' to see them take home the Lombardi.
In no particular order, I would be rooting for these teams if they ever make it to the show, ( if they aren't playing the Skins!);

Bengals
Chargers
Falcons
Browns
Bills
Lions
Eagles
Vikings

wicket
08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
outside of the saints obviously:

49ers
Ravens
Packers
Lions
Giants
Seahawks
Browns

YAYareaRB
08-07-2010, 02:17 PM
For some odd reason. I absolutely love the Saints. I like the Ravens, Browns, Giants, Eagles, Bengals, Panthers, and Texans

kalbears13
08-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I was watching HBO the other day when this history of the Red Sox program came on. I don't know why I was watching it since I'm pretty impartial to the Red Sox but then they showed Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

Is it weird that when I saw the clip of Bill Buckner booting it that I almost cried? Granted the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 and 2007 so I feel less sympathy but did it strike some chord being a Cleveland fan and knowing the pain?

That's when I realized that win or lose, I would be bawling after the Super Bowl if the Browns were in it.

prock
08-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I ******* hate the Saints. So much. And the Packers. And the Bears. And the Giants. If the Vikings aren't involved, I would root for the Lions, the Dolphins, the Bills, Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Chiefs, Raiders, Texans, Jags, Bengals and that might be it. Depending on who they are playing, there are other teams I would root for.

A Perfect Score
08-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm a big fan of what the Falcons are doing. If the Ravens can't win the Superbowl, I'd like to see the Falcons take it. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans win it. As for who I'd hate to see win it, The Steelers are by far my most hated team...I despise the Seahawks as well for some odd and indescribable reason.

nepg
08-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Patriots and, I guess, the Chiefs

**** everyone else.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Steelers, of course.

I like the Dolphins too, Texans, Packers, Vikings if they didn't have Favre, Bucs, and 49ers.

Screw the Patriots and the Colts.

Also, I might root for the Ravens, stupid as it might sound for a Steelers fan. Steelers vs. Ravens are such intense and awesome games that I hate the Ravens, but really respect the way they come out and play. I'd be pissed if they'd beat us in the playoffs, but I could definitely see myself rooting for them afterwards, especially if they're playing the Pats or Colts.

tenorx
08-07-2010, 02:45 PM
The Steelers, of course. Apart from them, Eagles, Colts, Texans, Lions, Rams.

Brent
08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
if it isnt the Niners, then is no longer becomes about who wins but rather who I don't want to win, which would include the following:

Cowboys - I live in the DFW area, I get sick of the team.
Colts - I despise Peyton Manning.
Steelers - Never cared for this franchise.
Patriots - Don't like any Boston sports teams.
Jets - All the schlocky hype is getting ******* old.
Titans - I really hate Vince Young

and, of course, the rest of the NFC West.

Michigan
08-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Ecstasy:
Lions

Very Happy:
Dolphins (Henne + Long <333)

Happy:
Ravens
Raiders
Steelers
Jaguars
Texans
Bills

Don't care for or don't like the rest.

phlysac
08-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Bengals

Simply because I'd LOVE to see how the "Worldwide Leader" spins the fact that a team loaded with "team cancers" won the Super Bowl.

Go_Eagles77
08-07-2010, 03:43 PM
YAYAYAYAY - Eagles - For obvious reasons

Happy - Ravens - I <3 John Harbaugh

Neutral - Everyone else

Meh - Redskins

Dislike - Patriots

Well that sucks - Giants

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU - Cowboys

yo123
08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Other than the Vikings I would just go with whatever team's fans annoy me the least. Maybe the 49ers? I've always kind of liked them.

Splat
08-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Vikings because of Jared Allen.

Falcons because of Tony G.

Jets because of Tony Richardson.

I would love to see any of those guys get a ring.

BeerBaron
08-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Outside of the Bears, it would depend heavily on the circumstances. If a certain team had a certain player or coach I liked, I might pull for them, but I always figure out who I'm rooting for case by case. Like last year I was rooting for the Saints over the Colts (who outside of Colts fans wasn't?)

Splat
08-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Outside of the Bears, it would depend heavily on the circumstances. If a certain team had a certain player or coach I liked, I might pull for them, but I always figure out who I'm rooting for case by case. Like last year I was rooting for the Saints over the Colts (who outside of Colts fans wasn't?)

I was rooting for the Colts but not because I have anything against the Saints, but because of all the bandwagon fans who jumped on board the week of the SB and acted liked they had been Saints fans for years.

That said I was glad for the "real" Saints fans who had been with them threw thick and thin.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Bengals

Simply because I'd LOVE to see how the "Worldwide Leader" spins the fact that a team loaded with "team cancers" won the Super Bowl.

Bengals could win 9 in a row and all ESPN would say is, "yeah but can they win 10?"

For me it would be the Titans or Vikings. (Excluding the Bengals)

J-Mike88
08-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Other than the Packers, I'd root for the Chargers now that Tomlinson is gone, it would be extra sweet.

All the other teams I would want to win it have no chance:
Buffalo
Cleveland
Detroit for their suffering fans. Same with the Chiefs who have great fans.

I guess I could be okay with Cinci winning it finally, with Palmer, 85, and TO.
But I don't want to reward them for taking chances on all those criminals like Pac Man, and others.

I like Matt Ryan too, and with no Vick there now, would like that to show the fans of Atlanta that Ryan > Vick.

BeerBaron
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I was rooting for the Colts but not because I have anything against the Saints, but because of all the bandwagon fans who jumped on board the week of the SB and acted liked they had been Saints fans for years.

That said I was glad for the "real" Saints fans who had been with them threw thick and thin.

Ah, see, I have an extreme dislike of Peyton Manning (great player, just not a fan) and I'm tired of the Colts. The Saints were new blood and I do like Drew Brees.

Now next year, if it was the Saints against some new AFC team, I might switch it around and root for the new team.

prock
08-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I rooted for the Colts in the Super Bowl because my supreme hatred for the Saints was greater than my hatred for the Colts. I get sick of Manning, but I respect him as great. Plus, he is funny.

bored of education
08-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Chiefs
Bills
Cardinals

GB12
08-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Bills
Chiefs
Ravens
Raiders
Texans
Browns
Redskins

SuperMcGee
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes! Pity!

I'd go for the Cardinals, Eagles, Seahawks, Raiders, and Packers over most teams.

Paul
08-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Packers. I'm a big fan of Rodgers, despite some of his poor choices in facial hair.

trkaline
08-07-2010, 05:44 PM
The Ravens...The other 31 teams can kick rocks...

CJSchneider
08-07-2010, 05:51 PM
outside of the saints obviously:

49ers

Obviously those are my top two. After that
Colts
Texans
Raiders
Chargers

Paranoidmoonduck
08-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I think my loyalties come Superbowl time are pretty defined by how a team plays their season, so it's hard to say at this point.

Of course, there are teams simply cannot root for (New England, Pitt most of the time, Denver, KC, SD, etc.)

Giantsfan1080
08-07-2010, 06:17 PM
If their is a Rutgers player on a certain team then I'd usually root for them unless it's the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, or Jets. Some teams also piss me off during the course of the year so I reserve the right to add more teams as the year goes on.

soybean
08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I stopped reading after a couple posts but I'm surprised a lot haven't said the Cardinals. I don't know anyone (other than steelers fans) that was rooting against them in the superbowl.

Everyone loves an underdog, especially one that's been through what it seems like an eternity of losing.

It kind of reminds me of when the Clippers made it to the western conference semi finals against Phoenix, the lakers just lost to the suns, everyone I know was cheering for the clippers because they were the "little engine that could"

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
If their is a Rutgers player on a certain team then I'd usually root for them unless it's the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, or Jets. Some teams also piss me off during the course of the year so I reserve the right to add more teams as the year goes on.

Root for us we have the best Rutger players.

Giantsfan1080
08-07-2010, 06:53 PM

I already do. Leonard and Harris!!

wicket
08-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I rooted for the Colts in the Super Bowl because my supreme hatred for the Saints was greater than my hatred for the Colts. I get sick of Manning, but I respect him as great. Plus, he is funny.

dude, using a bce quote as a sigquote is weak, not really tough to pick the shockers there is it

Brodeur
08-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Any team but the Vikings, because I ******* hate Jared Allen.

Okay fine, just the Lions (obviously), Bills, Bengals, Browns, Dolphins, Panthers, Colts and Falcons.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I already do. Leonard and Harris!!

Pure sexxx

Leonard should be getting a ton of playing time this preseason game at FB and HB

Brent
08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I stopped reading after a couple posts but I'm surprised a lot haven't said the Cardinals. I don't know anyone (other than steelers fans) that was rooting against them in the superbowl.

Everyone loves an underdog, especially one that's been through what it seems like an eternity of losing.

It kind of reminds me of when the Clippers made it to the western conference semi finals against Phoenix, the lakers just lost to the suns, everyone I know was cheering for the clippers because they were the "little engine that could"
I rooted against the Cardinals... but I also rooted against the Steelers.

Basically I just kept hoping for people to get hurt.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I rooted against the Cardinals... but I also rooted against the Steelers.

Basically I just kept hoping for people to get hurt.

Stadium collapse?

vidae
08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Falcons: Tony G deserves a ring. Hell, he deserves at least winning a playoff game. Once.

49ers: My entire family growing up were 49er fans so I always root for them.

Bengals: I have a ton of friends out in DANATI so I root for them too, when they're not playing the Chiefs.

Chiefs: This one should be obvious. I'd be ecstatic winning a single playoff game before I die, that's how bad this is.

trkaline
08-07-2010, 09:53 PM

Bullsh@t...we have The Best Rutgers player.

scottyboy
08-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I do root for the rutgers players. it's true. it's easing my hatred of the Ravens due to Raymell baby <3

also, i find myself rooting for teams because of posters here...is that bad? I think it really might be. like the KC I really root for because of their posters here. same with Bengals (along with Brian and Harris <333)

it's kinda awesome/awful/the best thing ever.

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ewms8p.jpg

scottyboy
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ewms8p.jpg

just look at that ass

/me jizzes everywhere

Bengals78
08-07-2010, 10:11 PM
/me jizzes everywhere

Watch Sunday. I hear a lot of playing time will come his way at RB and FB

Brodeur
08-07-2010, 10:15 PM
I do root for the rutgers players. it's true. it's easing my hatred of the Ravens due to Raymell baby <3

also, i find myself rooting for teams because of posters here...is that bad? I think it really might be. like the KC I really root for because of their posters here. same with Bengals (along with Brian and Harris <333)

it's kinda awesome/awful/the best thing ever.

Oh, so you don't cheer for the Lions because of me? Jerk.

scottyboy
08-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh, so you don't cheer for the Lions because of me? Jerk.

actually, between you, WMD, Xio, Scotty D and all my other favorite Lions fans, I root for them all the time.

I also root for the Cards because of fenikz. this place is taking over my minddddd

PoopSandwich
08-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Lots of Browns love im surprised.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing the following teams in/win the super bowl.

Lions
Vikings
Packers
Saints
Falcons
Cardinals
Patriots
Texans
RAIDAHSSSSSSSSSSS

OzTitan
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
It's funny how many people seem to have a soft spot for the Texans. If they actually did start winning the big games, soon enough they'd be hated.

Brent
08-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Lots of Browns love im surprised.
if they aren't playing the Niners, I always root for the Browns and Lions. two teams that suffered enough, plus the Lions have a lot of players I like.

I remember Kelly Holcomb.

sbh15
08-07-2010, 11:34 PM
there is a very long list of teams that i would hate to see in the super bowl...

the entire afc east
jacksonville
cleveland
pittsburgh
cincinnati
detroit
chicago
seattle
st. louis
tampa bay
atlanta

mainly because i find every single one of those teams unbelievably boring.

Dam8610
08-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Colts
Any team facing the Patriots
Any team facing the Steelers

If none of those circumstances apply, then it comes down to which team has players or coaches or something that I like. For example, had the Colts not been in the Super Bowl last year, I would've likely rooted for the Saints because Drew Brees is one of the best players to ever come from Purdue.

themaninblack
08-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd like to see a team win it that has never done so before so long as that team isn't Cleveland.

Vikes99ej
08-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Bengals, Dolphins. **** every other NFC team 'cause they'll probably have to beat us to make the Super Bowl.

dj825
08-10-2010, 04:04 PM
for me its how a team got there that counts, if a team gets to the Super Bowl on bad calls the previous games then theirs no way id cheer for them. a few teams id love to see make it though are..

Lions
Bengals
Texans
Browns
Bills
49ers
and obviously the Panthers

id also be ok with the Packers Buccaneers Dolphins Chargers and the Jaguars but it would really depend on who they were playing more so than the other teams

Seamus2602
08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Obviously I would prefer the Colts to win the Superbowl every single year but should that not happen I would like to see one of these teams win it:

49ers
Saints
Steelers
Jets
Packers
Ravens

And lastly, I would root for my second favourite team:

Anyone playing the Patriots

GoRavens
08-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Ravens-34
Vikings-28

CJSchneider
08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Obviously I would prefer the Colts to win the Superbowl every single year but should that not happen I would like to see one of these teams win it:

49ers
Saints
Steelers
Jets
Packers
Ravens

And lastly, I would root for my second favourite team:

Anyone playing the Patriots

http://hostingbytes.us/images/2/3322267.jpg

M.O.T.H.
08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
You know you want Dallas to win it all. These arent the same Cowboys when you were tots. This a fine collection of great indivisuals. Tons of undrafted and late round talent at key positions...built through the draft. The ultimate nice/good guy coach. Come on people, you know you want it.

CJSchneider
08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
No, I will always hate the Cowboys. If my son ever plays in the NFL, by God, he had better not play for Dallas.

yourfavestoner
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Bengals

This, this, and more of this.

ThePudge
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Bengals
Packers
Colts...

Maybe I'd want the Eagles to do it if I didn't have to put up with all their fans, the facebook status', and all that ****. I'm content with the Birds crashing an burning late in the playoffs.

killxswitch
08-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Colts are my #1 option. #2 option is anyone playing the Pats. When the NYG beat the Pats in 2007 I was almost as happy as when the Colts won in 06.

Other teams I would be happy for:

Texans - I like them like a little brother.
Ravens - more of a respect thing
Raiders - I like their history
Cardinals - I like some of their players like Dockett, Wilson, Fitz, etc.
Rams - I was born in STL
Panthers - I like DWill, JStew and Beason.

I am ambivalent about most of the other teams.

I don't want the Pats or to a lesser degree the Steelers to win.

08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
The obvious answer has to be the Oakland Raiders.

Who wouldn't enjoy that storyline?

Grizzlegom
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
other than the Dolphins...

Eagles, Steelers, Texans, Cardinals

BuddyCHRIST
08-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't be happy if any team but the Saints won it right now, things will change when it gets to that time and I'll actually root for other teams.

So I'll just list the teams I really don't want to win it...

Broncos
Dallas
New England
Vikings with Favre

And thats really it as far as teams I hate regardless of circumstances.

Notredameleo
08-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Obviously the Lions....

Also, the Bengals, Cardinals, Broncos (b/c of my man crush on brady quinn), Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Saints, Giants, Titans..

teams who I will never root for in the Superbowl: Packers, Bears, Bills (never liked them for some reason, dont know why), Patriots, Redskins, Seahawks

AntoinCD
08-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Outside of the Patriots id say

Chiefs
Packers
Lions
49ers
Saints
Broncos

Jvig43
08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
The obvious answer has to be the Oakland Raiders.

Who wouldn't enjoy that storyline?

ME! I want a good pick in the first round!

Rosebud
08-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Buffalo
They're my second team, I spent two important years of my life in the town of Buffalo and the Bills are a team i couldn't help but root for. Plus I like their set up if they can find that franchise guy and find a starter caliber LT.

Jacksonville
I've been picking a Giants/Jaguars superbowl for years so I'll root for it to happen until it does, ergo I root for the Jags, plus I would love to see them again turn a draft that draftnik's almost universally pan turn out great for them.

New England
I like Bill Belicheck and they've shown us some awesome football.

Da Bears
Jay Cutlerz, him and I'd love to see what happens to this city if the bears ever won.

Rams
I <3 Spags and I really like that offensive set up, they're a go to receiver away from having some scary potential. Bradford has the talent to become Drew Brees, Stephen Jackson's still the most gifted running back in the NFL, they've got a number of guys who can be good 2nd and 3rd options and I think they've done a sweet job of adding talent to their OL, Jason Smith and Saffold should become sweet bookends for an interior anchored by Bell and Brown. The defense needs a lot of help but they've got the corners and with a few pass rushers could become good enough for spags faster than anyone expects.

Broncos
This is probably because my subconscious wants to be a hipster but this is another team that had what I thought was a good draft and just got eviscerated. That offense has the pieces in place to develop into something nasty if Timmy gets enough time to fix his ish. Defensively they still need a lot of work on the front seven. But I'd like to see them succeed because I think they're doing a good job of assembling a good, hard working team.

Bengals
I <3 Chad, Joseph and Peko. That whole D is pretty nasty, but those 3 are why I like the Bengals even though I think Carson Palmer will hold them back.

Cardinals
This is a maybe based mostly on my love of Darnell Dockett.

prock
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I decided recently that I currently hate the Saints more than I hate the Packers. And that is saying something, coming from a die-hard Vikings fan.

Fat_Actor
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd like to see a team win it that has never done so before so long as that team isn't Cleveland.

I agree but except for Carolina. But the team I would see year in year out is Tampa Bay. A Tenpeat baby!

TACKLE
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Other than the Ravens...

Raiders
Patriots (would love to see Moss get a ring)
Dolphins

CameronCropper
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
San Diego Chargers.

Philip Rivers is the sex.

Babylon
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Outside of the home favorite (Seattle) and the former home favorite (New England) i'd be happy to see San Diego or Green Bay take it.