PDA

View Full Version : Official Hall Of Fame Ceremony Thread

Vikes99ej
08-07-2010, 07:45 PM
What in the **** is this mother ****** from the Saints ranting about?

Splat
08-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I have no idea.

Did Dick LeBeau go in as a player or coach?

Vikes99ej
08-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Greatest speech ever.

FUNBUNCHER
08-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Dick LeBeau gave Ike Taylor MAD love!!lol

Enough said, I guess.

CJSchneider
08-07-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/09000d5d8199774c/Rickey-Jackson-HOF-speech

5:18

John Randle "**** is he talkin' about?"

Shane P. Hallam
08-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I have no idea.

Did Dick LeBeau go in as a player or coach?

He went in as a player.

yourfavestoner
08-08-2010, 02:02 AM
I was watching Rickey Jackson on the plane back from Jacksonville and laughing my ass off.

I love how you can watch ESPN on planes now.

CJSchneider
08-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I liked Floyd Little's speech most of all.

I remember watching the game when Emmitt Smith broke the rushing record. When they stopped the game for a moment, one of the people there for Emmitt was Daryl "Moose" Johnston. I remember Moose being emotional and saying to Emmitt, "You made it fun." To see Emmitt get emotional when thanking Moose for the sacrifices he made and telling him "You protected me like you were protecting your little brother." was an interesting thing to see.

descendency
08-08-2010, 08:11 AM
What I remembered:
Dick LeBeau is way too old for me to remember him as a player. He's been too great as a coach too.

John Randle was obviously nervous which is ironic, because he was super talkative on the field.

Russ Grimm's speech was over-rated.

Rickey Jackson could have used some work too. The content of his speech was a little sporadic and the delivery wasn't great. But...

Jerry Rice was really bad. He should have hired a speech coach.

Floyd Little's speech was great and extremely polished.

Emmit Smith was a huge mind-f*** considering the man also said 'rice of patches' and 'they got blowed out' during his time at ESPN.

Kurve
08-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I dont know if this was stated before or what but this just seems odd to me... Nothing against Emmit Smith guy was a brilliant player 1st ballot HOFer for sure but how is he the top of a list that includes Jerry Rice? To me they made it seem that Smith was a bigger player then Rice was and to me just seems like it should of been the otherway around and Rice should of been the highlight of the Class this year. Not only is Rice the best WR ever you can argue he is the best ever player. I just cant say the same for Emmit so having him be top of this list just puzzels me. Oh well

Brent
08-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I dont know if this was stated before or what but this just seems odd to me... Nothing against Emmit Smith guy was a brilliant player 1st ballot HOFer for sure but how is he the top of a list that includes Jerry Rice? To me they made it seem that Smith was a bigger player then Rice was and to me just seems like it should of been the otherway around and Rice should of been the highlight of the Class this year. Not only is Rice the best WR ever you can argue he is the best ever player. I just cant say the same for Emmit so having him be top of this list just puzzels me. Oh well
there are more cowboys fans, nation-wide, than niners fans. you save the biggest draw for viewers until the end.

Kurve
08-08-2010, 11:25 AM
there are more cowboys fans, nation-wide, than niners fans. you save the biggest draw for viewers until the end.

see i understand that but that also has to do with who is playing tomarrow in the game. I just think it should go by who was the best in that class and i couldnt name many people who should be above Jerry Rice ....and Emmit even though he was a brilliant player i just find it weird him being on top of this class over Rice.