PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Tim Tebow's Rookie Hazing

DuckHunt
08-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Apparently your favorite jesus-loving Quarterback has a new hair cut from Broncos training camp. Check this guy out now.

http://www.chicitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/timtebow-haircut.jpg

http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/08/08/tim-tebows-new-haircut-from-broncos-camp/

CJSchneider
08-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I think I already posted it in the RDT thread, but other then that, I love it.

FUNBUNCHER
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow. That's cold.

Who's the last 1st round QB to get his head shaved??

Brent
08-07-2010, 11:27 PM
who cares? here's to hoping he sucks!

soybean
08-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I'll bet you he cried.

brat316
08-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Is that suppose to be like a halo?

TimD
08-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Is that suppose to be like a halo?

i think theyre going for the monk thing

Crickett
08-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Tonsure
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (September 2009)
Roman tonsure

Tonsure is the practice of some Christian churches, mystics, Buddhist novices and monks, and some Hindu temples of cutting the hair from the scalp of clerics, devotees, or holy people as a symbol of their renunciation of worldly fashion and esteem.

PoopSandwich
08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow. That's cold.

Who's the last 1st round QB to get his head shaved??

http://lookathim.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/quinnbradybuzz.jpe

Boston
08-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think Tebow's ever had to worry about being a pretty boy.

Borat
08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Friar Suck.

/Borat bows

Go_Eagles77
08-08-2010, 03:19 PM
LOL at the front still being all gelled up.

nepg
08-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I hate this because it makes him likeable, and I really just want to dislike the guy. Why can't you let me hate him in peace?

vidae
08-08-2010, 04:16 PM

I love you.

LonghornsLegend
08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
For 8 million guaranteed, you could paint a donkey sex scene on my head for all I care.

TitleTown088
08-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Why is that?

Brent
08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Why is that?
I think the schlocky media whoring of Tebow is really why I dislike the guy. I think it would be hilarious to see him fail after all the time spent covering him. The guy is the 3rd QB in Denver and he gets more air time than any other player in Denver.

TitleTown088
08-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the schlocky media whoring of Tebow is really why I dislike the guy. I think it would be hilarious to see him fail after all the time spent covering him. The guy is the 3rd QB in Denver and he gets more air time than any other player in Denver.
That's not his fault though, I can see hating on the media for over hyping him, but he seems like a nice enough guy that plays hard as hell. Hard to dislike IMO- and I can't stand Florida players.

Brent
08-08-2010, 08:44 PM
That's not his fault though, I can see hating on the media for over hyping him, but he seems like a nice enough guy that plays hard as hell. Hard to dislike IMO- and I can't stand Florida players.
I don't hate the guy, I just want to see him fail.

Ravens1991
08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
yea I can see the media being annoying. But his work ethic, heart, and leadership are amazing. Plus whether you are Christian or not it takes a lot of courage to take a stand for his beliefs like he does. He could plow any chick at university of florida yet he stuck to his beliefs.

Brent
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
He could plow any chick at university of florida yet he stuck to his beliefs.
So you think. We don't know what goes down behind closed doors.

BigDawg819
08-08-2010, 09:22 PM
yea I can see the media being annoying. But his work ethic, heart, and leadership are amazing. Plus whether you are Christian or not it takes a lot of courage to take a stand for his beliefs like he does. He could plow any chick at university of florida yet he stuck to his beliefs.

Or it takes a bunch of arrogance, but we could argue semantics all day. Maybe he's going to star in the Disney movie as the friar dude?

Timbathia
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
You can think that he got drafted too high and will never make it in the NFL, and you may be justified in thinking that - but there really are no reasons at all to hate the guy.

TitleTown088
08-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Or it takes a bunch of arrogance, but we could argue semantics all day. Maybe he's going to star in the Disney movie as the friar dude?

Yeah, that arrogance really shows while he's volunteering in 3rd world countries in his free time.

fischbowl
08-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Friars don't look so cool in jean shorts. Nobody looks cool in jean shorts

sbh15
08-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Friars don't look so cool in jean shorts. Nobody looks cool in jean shorts

you look pretty ****** cool in jorts when you're making multi-millions

edit: that's just a lie. jean shorts are just bad. tried to stand up for tim here, but there's no argument.

steelersfan43
08-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah, that arrogance really shows while he's volunteering in 3rd world countries in his free time.

Circumcising kids and passing out bibles isnt helping anyone....

sbh15
08-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Circumcising kids and passing out bibles isnt helping anyone....

neither is your played out joke

prock
08-09-2010, 12:50 AM

I hate him. I want to see him fail. He is just eerily perfect, and I hate it.

Vikes99ej
08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Who gives a ****, why is this a thread

Monomach
08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Thoughts?

Well, my idea for his rookie hazing was to crucify him, so I think his teammates let him off pretty easy.

fenikz
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM
not like he was gonna get laid anyways

jballa838
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
not like he was gonna get laid anyways
actually he isn't.

he's waiting for marriage.

Brent
08-09-2010, 11:19 PM
rudy cool

fenikz
08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
actually he isn't.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/mmorpg-general-discussion/122785d1255147692-dawntide-mmo-thats_the_joke.jpg

yourfavestoner
08-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Haters gon' hate.

Like with Percy Harvin, Tebow's going to be good in the NFL sooner than people think.

UF SPREADZ SYSTEM BUSTZZZZ

Brent
08-10-2010, 12:00 AM
http://www.continuum.utah.edu/spring04/images/smith_alex.jpg

:\

Philliez01
08-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't think I'd like Tebow if I met him in real life, I could see him being a keynote speaker at a Te.......bow Party rally.

But I like the do on him. I want him to succeed actually, I do like how he plays the game. I kinda like his Crown of Thorns haircut.

sbh15
08-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Haters gon' hate.

Like with Percy Harvin, Tebow's going to be good in the NFL sooner than people think.

nope, nobody has ever learned a new offense when they came to the nfl or corrected their throwing motion. especially not both.

well, nobody except everybody.

yourfavestoner
08-10-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.continuum.utah.edu/spring04/images/smith_alex.jpg

:\

Meh...Smith isn't even on the same level as Tebow as a physical specimen. Him going first overall was more of a massive leaguewide scouting error - much like the selection of Tim Couch first overall. That's easily been the worst draft in recent history. It's awful at the top. Not an excuse for Smith's failings, but something to take into account. The dude had no business being the first overall pick.

Also, it looks like his career may be heading up. You know what to expect than me, but I'm interested to see what Smith shows this year.

I think what's really overlooked is how perfect of a situation Denver is for him. McDaniels is a great quarterback developer. He guided Brady to the best statistical season ever, turned a guy who hadn't played since high school into a (so far) one year sensation, and gave Kyle Orton (a guy with no discernable talent whatsoever) a career year.

Also, his passing system borrows heavily from Meyer concepts. When Belichick made the switch to the spread, he and McDaniels consulted with Meyer. I think Belichick still goes to the Gators' practices in the offseason every year.

With the drive the guy has (along with his physical talents), I would really be shocked to see him fail. I've seen almost every game he's played, and the dude just has "it."

Now, I completely understand why people have nothing but contempt for the guy. The media has completely over-saturated the public with Tebow exposure (and he hasn't done anything to limit it, either). I also don't care for his apparent holier-than-thou attitude, but I can't really hate on a guy for really speaking his mind. It's why I love TO and Ocho, and I'm not going to hold a double standard just because I don't agree with his message.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-10-2010, 12:33 AM
With the drive the guy has (along with his physical talents), I would really be shocked to see him fail. I've seen almost every game he's played, and the dude just has "it."

This is what intrigues me most about Tebow as well. Is a players college environment REALLY the be all and end all? Can a successful QB only come from a pro style offense, or is it possible for one to play in a "gimmick" offense and succeed in the pros? With Tebow's drive and physical ability, he's gonna be the best example we're gonna get as to whether or not a QB is a blank slate when he enters the NFL.

yourfavestoner
08-10-2010, 12:37 AM
This is what intrigues me most about Tebow as well. Is a players college environment REALLY the be all and end all? Can a successful QB only come from a pro style offense, or is it possible for one to play in a "gimmick" offense and succeed in the pros? With Tebow's drive and physical ability, he's gonna be the best example we're gonna get as to whether or not a QB is a blank slate when he enters the NFL.

Fact of the matter is, "gimmick" offenses are so prevalent in college that pro teams don't have much of a choice.

The college and pro games are so inherently different, that playing in a pro style offense really only benefits you in terms of mechanics. College defenses are so rudimentary compared to the pros that it really makes little difference.

Also, remember the "Tedford system" scare? Yeah, Aaron Rogers pretty much ended that myth.

LizardState
08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Also, remember the "Tedford system" scare? Yeah, Aaron Rogers pretty much ended that myth.

J.J. Arrington never got that curse lifted from him in Zona. And yet it didn't affect DeSean Jackson or Justin Forsett, both condemned as "system guys" & too small to play in the NFL, I think Jackson weighed like 176 at his Combine, but after posting that blazing 40 time everybody forgot about his half pint size. If Tedford doesn't make a BCS bowl this December I think he's done at Berkeley.

About Tebow's haircut -- the rite of passage suits his monkish lifestyle & his masochistic humility. As a Denver rookie QB he will experience massive degrees of both this season, if he sees the field at all.

yourfavestoner
08-10-2010, 11:12 AM
J.J. Arrington never got that curse lifted from him in Zona. And yet it didn't affect DeSean Jackson or Justin Forsett, both condemned as "system guys" & too small to play in the NFL, I think Jackson weighed like 176 at his Combine, but after posting that blazing 40 time everybody forgot about his half pint size. If Tedford doesn't make a BCS bowl this December I think he's done at Berkeley.

About Tebow's haircut -- the rite of passage suits his monkish lifestyle & his masochistic humility. As a Denver rookie QB he will experience massive degrees of both this season, if he sees the field at all.

I think this season will be enough of an abortion for Denver that they throw him out to the wolves and see what they've got to work with in the last four games or so.

Then again, everyone said Denver would be the worst team in the league last year, and they surprised everyone. Injury bug is aboslutely destroying their chances at a competitive season, though.

keylime_5
08-14-2010, 10:59 AM
i've always disliked tebow for seeming like a total dork who talks like a 12 year-old and has an awful grin and of course for being extremely hyped by the media (vern lundquist wants to be his first).....but the hating on tebow for being a christian is kinda lame.

McBain
08-20-2010, 10:17 PM

You're enamored with a man who could plow any chick at Florida but didn't. I am sorry, What?!

detroitsports
08-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Everything Tim Tebow says sounds like he is reading from a script. Every interview he gives sounds like he has been thoroughly coached on exactly what to say. He uses his celebrity as a pulpit to preach from.

These are all reasons to not like Tim Tebow.