PDA

View Full Version : Just because I'm bored

GoRavens
08-08-2010, 01:47 PM
TOP QBs next draft with predicted teams.
Ryan Mallett-1st-Seahawks
Jake Locker-1st-Vikings
Jerrod Johnson-2nd-49ers
Andrew Luck-2nd-Patriots
Terrelle Pryor-2nd-Browns
good day

FUNBUNCHER
08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't see how the Pats, Vikes or 49ers get into the top 10, probably top 5, to get any of those signal callers, without some wild trades going down.

prock
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
This is a worthless thread. I think if Luck comes out he will have had a killer year and would be long gone by the 2nd. No Ponder either.

phlysac
08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Agree with everything in the last 2 posts.

I would like to add that the 49ers drafting Jerrod Johnson in the 2nd would make for a peculiar understanding of why they drafted Nate Davis and Jarrett Brown.

marshallb
08-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I'd love it if the Vikings got Jake Locker, but really, how does that happen???? Do you think the Vikings will have a horrendous season and be picking in the top 5-10, or do you think Jake Locker will have a bad season and be a late first round draft pick?

FUNBUNCHER
08-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I didn't even see the projected rounds for these prospects!

Mallett, Locker and Luck are near rock solid top 7 picks, imo. Jerrod Johnson could play himself into the first round, and I have no clue how teams will evaluate Pryor if he has a special season; will the Vince Young comparison help or hurt him??

I'm bored too.

BeerBaron
08-08-2010, 04:25 PM
This is a worthless thread. I think if Luck comes out he will have had a killer year and would be long gone by the 2nd. No Ponder either.

My thoughts exactly. And Pryor is only going in the 2nd round as a WR.

Brown Leader
08-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Interesting. The Browns imo would use a 1st rd pick on a QB however or not take one at all. It's way too early to criticize a prediction of who/where the potential 11' QB's stock will be come April or which squad might be picking there. I would wager though more than 2 QB's drafted in the 1st round.

FuzzyGopher
08-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I doubt Luck even comes out and I don't see Pryor going in the 2nd. I would cum everywhere if the Vikings got Locker though. More realistically I can see us grabbing Ponder in the late first.

YAYareaRB
08-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I think we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we dont go Corner in the first round next draft.

LonghornsLegend
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Luck wouldnt' last until the 2nd even with a crappy season which I don't expect, I know what happened with Snead but if anything that should teach underclassmen a lesson. Luck is at worst a mid 1st rder.

I really also don't see Jerrod Johnson doing anything special for the Niners. If they bomb their taking a guy in the 1st, if they don't they aren't taking one early at all.

SuperKevin
08-09-2010, 06:21 PM
The most QB starved team in the league in 2011 isn't taking a QB? Bills fans won't like that

redbills
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
The most QB starved team in the league in 2011 isn't taking a QB? Bills fans won't like that

maybe he thinks Edwards, Bhrom or Brown or the guy, idk, but if we pick top 10 it's because they suck or the LT does so we better take one of those 2.

Shane P. Hallam
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM

I would like to add that the 49ers drafting Jerrod Johnson in the 2nd would make for a peculiar understanding of why they drafted Nate Davis and Jarrett Brown.

They didn't draft Jarrett Brown

phlysac
08-11-2010, 11:32 AM
They didn't draft Jarrett Brown

True. UDFA. I meant to say drafted Davis and added Brown.

Hurricanes25
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM

To be fair, Nate Davis is a project and Brown is an UDFA so you really can't expect much from them.

BeerBaron
08-11-2010, 02:49 PM
To be fair, Nate Davis is a project and Brown is an UDFA so you really can't expect much from them.

Yeah. People like to really overrated their own teams 3rd stringers and depth I've noticed, especially when it'd draft time and you mock them someone at a position where they have such high hopes for some undrafted 2nd year player who looked good in the preseason and on special teams.....yeesh.

Caulibflower
08-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Terrell Pryor doesn't slide out of the first round unless he utterly implodes on the football field next year or gets in a car wreck or something. I mean, frickin' Matt Jones went int he first a couple of years ago, and Terrell Pryor is both a better athlete and a better pro-style QB than Matt Jones was. If the 6-foot even, 185-lb, option running Pat White goes in the 2nd, Pryor goes in the first. Simple as that.

phlysac
08-15-2010, 08:23 PM

Yeah. People like to really overrated their own teams 3rd stringers and depth I've noticed, especially when it'd draft time and you mock them someone at a position where they have such high hopes for some undrafted 2nd year player who looked good in the preseason and on special teams.....yeesh.

My point was that I feel that adding another project (Jerrod Johnson) would seem to be counter-productive to their recent experiments in that area. Especially to consider using a 2nd rounder for him.

Halsey
08-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm glad someone is mentioning Terelle Pryor. I don't think he should or will declare for the 2011 Draft, but it's not out of the question. I could see him having a big year and then declaring. People are writing him off as just another Vince Young, but I think that's premature. I've seen signs that he is learning from missteps of guys like Young and Vick. Vick and Young have not be held back by their on-field ability. Maybe Pryor can learn that he will need to work hard to succeed in the NFL and not think he's above it all.

FUNBUNCHER
08-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Terrell Pryor doesn't slide out of the first round unless he utterly implodes on the football field next year or gets in a car wreck or something. I mean, frickin' Matt Jones went int he first a couple of years ago, and Terrell Pryor is both a better athlete and a better pro-style QB than Matt Jones was. If the 6-foot even, 185-lb, option running Pat White goes in the 2nd, Pryor goes in the first. Simple as that.

Except Matt Jones was drafted as a WR, not a QB. If Pryor is listed as a QB prospect, he really needs to stay in school all four years, IMO.

But damn, if he converted to WR, his triangle numbers would be awesome!!

SickwithIt1010
08-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Youre out of your mind if you think Johnson is better than Luck.

If Luck comes out he will be much more than a 2nd round pick. If he has a mediocre season he wont even think of coming out.

AntoinCD
08-16-2010, 07:58 AM
I see no reason why the Patriots would take a QB. Tom Brady has stated he wants to play for a long time yet so a 2nd round pick on a backup QB doesn't make sense. The team is also pretty happy with what they've got in Brian Hoyer from all accounts as Brady's back up. I get the feeling they would be a lot more confident with him than they were with Matt Cassell before he had to play.

bruschis4all
08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't see how the Pats, Vikes or 49ers get into the top 10, probably top 5, to get any of those signal callers, without some wild trades going down.

The Pats have Oaklands 1st rounder from the Seymour trade. Good chance it is in the Top 10. They won't take a qb. But, might have a top 10 pick. Also, have Carolina's 2nd. They could have a top 10 and also trade up from their own(32nd..I can hope).

Caulibflower
08-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Except Matt Jones was drafted as a WR, not a QB. If Pryor is listed as a QB prospect, he really needs to stay in school all four years, IMO.

But damn, if he converted to WR, his triangle numbers would be awesome!!

I realize that; that's my point. Pryor is a better athlete than Jones, and people *aren't* saying he should move to wideout. I mean... when's the last time we've heard that? Michael Vick? I just think it's a given that a QB that has freakish athletic ability to go with his arm is pure gold from an NFL-value standpoint. I mean, all JaMarcus had was a cannon. He couldn't run, he wasn't super accurate. He just had a HUGE arm, and he was going going in the 1st, Raiders or not. I really hope T.P. takes a hint from Jake Locker, realizes that his speed and playmaking ability is something that will *enhance* his game rather than be something he depends on in the NFL, and stick around for two more years for Pro-style coaching and offensive experience. I wouldn't really compare him with Vince Young too much, either. It's going to happen a ton, of course, just because Vince Young is in the NFL already, but Vince Young has too unique of a playing style to say someone else is going to be "the next Vince Young." I don't know how well this analogy will work, but it's kinda like Terrelle Pryor has abilities that would be easier (than VY) to codify and apply to a create-a-player in a video game.