PDA

View Full Version : LATE: Saints Vs. Patriots Gamethread.

Saints-Tigers
08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Seriously, I know I might get pasted for making a white to white comparison, but Julian Edelman is a carbon copy of Wes Welker.

Pats looked sharp offensively.

Saints started slow and got the spread the ball attack going.

Run blocking looked shoddy, but the RBs looked good.

I WANT CHASE DANIEL RIGHT NOW

J-Mike88
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Seriously, I know I might get pasted for making a white to white comparison, but Julian Edelman is a carbon copy of Wes Welker.
Paste!!!
You must only make comparisons with white to black, or black to asian, or hispanic to white. LOL.

I am watching the Cowboys-Raiders game, and was watching the Ravens-Panthers...who's got the Saints-Pats game?

yourfavestoner
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Are these games on NFLN or what? I only have Panthers-Ravens... :(

descendency
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Edelman and Welker do different things in the offense, but both are effective after the catch. Other than being white, that's about the only comparison.

Saints-Tigers
08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Are these games on NFLN or what? I only have Panthers-Ravens... :(

I'm a local :D

Scotty D
08-12-2010, 09:35 PM
A. Arrington 4 rec 87 yards :O

descendency
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Can someone please trade Logan Mankins for a running back or something. "C Taylor" was the only guy over 4 YPC (that's average for the NFL) in this game and he did it against scrubs.

Saints-Tigers
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM

Dude has been producing in camp and stuff every year and keeps getting hurt. Would love to see him find a spot in the regular receiver rotation.

goodlookin
08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
spikes look legit....i know the knock on him was speed and that wasnt a concern out there at all mostly due to his play recoginition. His ability to take on and shed blocks was there and his body language screamed: im gonna sleep with your mom and eat your share of pancakes in the morning. Ive always been skeptical of florida players but he left no doubt....didnt get to see cunningham. Hernadez has the athleticism but he wasnt mentally on target all the time. Mccourty looks sexy. Butler is a ***** in the run game. Moss barring injury looks locked in. Brady has that look in his eye. Still some question marks about short yardage situations, consistency from the TE, and secondary but overall i came away impressed, played better than I expected. Im a homer right now and you should be too....happy football season gentlemen.

AntoinCD
08-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Since the Pats beat the Saints last night and they won the Superbowl, I take it that means the Patriots are the best team in football??? :-D

No but seriously from the highlights I've seen there are a lot of good things but still some worriesome things. Spikes is looking really good and I think im in love with Devin McCourty. The pass rush was still poor and they gave up a special teams TD. Overall though not a bad night

descendency
08-13-2010, 06:44 AM
didnt get to see cunningham

He didn't play at all.

AHungryWalrus
08-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Edelman and Welker do different things in the offense, but both are effective after the catch. Other than being white, that's about the only comparison.

That's why Welker averaged like 11 catches and 101 yards a game, and when he was injured Edelman came in and had 10 catches for 103 yards.

THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!

FlyingElvis
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
y'all just need to play the law firm occasionally.

He started and played most of the 1st team snaps. Maroney was on the outside looking in until late 1st Q. As much as I love BJGE, he lacks any real burst, doesn't break tackles well enough and isn't fast. Tough, strong and a solid banger but no real upside. I'm hoping he makes the cut again this year but he's just nothing special. Fred & Chris Taylor can both suck it. Give me Faulk, Maroney, Morris & BJGE and leave room to carry 3 TEs b/c the 3 TE sets last night made my pants tight.

Edelman is sick. I think he's quicker than Welker and has even better elusiveness. He made an awful lot of players look stupid last night.

Very impressive overall. I was expecting some obvious holes and clear cut "we need to be better" moments and, for the most part, did not see that on the field.

nepg
08-13-2010, 12:35 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41186&page=5&highlight=welker

CJSchneider
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Dude has been producing in camp and stuff every year and keeps getting hurt. Would love to see him find a spot in the regular receiver rotation.

When we traded our 6th rounder in 2009 for him in 2008, I was ecstatic. I know Manningham had 800+ yards last year,but there is still time for him to become the best Michigan receiver from that draft.

FlyingElvis
08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
absolutely agree, but i'd generally take the guy who'll bang forward for three over maroney, who will go down at first whiff, or just generally refuses to run hard (though, to be fair, he did occasionally look better last year). plus, i like that he has 64 names in his name.

For sure, which is why I want BJGE instead of Fred Taylor or Morris. None of them can be considered explosive at this point, so keep the youngest / cheapest version.

nepg
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Maroney's been trying to run hard, but he's also prone to shoulder injuries. Torn on BJGE. Viva La Faulk!

yourfavestoner
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
For sure, which is why I want BJGE instead of Fred Taylor or Morris. None of them can be considered explosive at this point, so keep the youngest / cheapest version.

Fred's age has finally caught up to him, huh? That makes me sad. He could have had a great year for you guys last year if he wouldn't have gotten injured (story of his career, I know).

I'll always maintain he was the most talented and natural runner in the NFL during his prime.

Rosebud
08-13-2010, 02:00 PM
When we traded our 6th rounder in 2009 for him in 2008, I was ecstatic. I know Manningham had 800+ yards last year,but there is still time for him to become the best Michigan receiver from that draft.

I did think Arrington would be a better NFL player than Mario, but that's because I also thought Mario being tarded would've made him bust badly at WR, he still doesn't run very good routes and his hands can be better, but he's already proven a lot more than I thought and the dude is really quick both laterally and vertically and has done much better at picking up the routes and understanding how our options work than I ever thought possible for him. That said if Barden has the break out year he's capable of and Nicks is the monster he looks like he's going to be this year Arrington could outproduce Mario if he can get on the field, although I'm not willing to bet on that happening anymore.

Fred's age has finally caught up to him, huh? That makes me sad. He could have had a great year for you guys last year if he wouldn't have gotten injured (story of his career, I know).

Seriously, I remember Madden 2004, which I think was the first Madden I ever bought, he was such a monster but ended up with a season ending injury every year.

Nice to hear that Spikes played well. I think he was a steal for the Pats and is going to form one of the very best 3-4 ILB crews in a couple years with Mayo if both can stay healthy.

FlyingElvis
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
The rumors had him 'on the bubble' but who knows how true that may be. BB loves his old RBs and I agree with you on Fred, but he's too old to stay healthy. Then again, so is Morris.