PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Browns, Preseason Week 1

GB12
08-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Starts at 7pm

J-Mike88
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM
What's the line on this one?
Who's starting for the Browns, Brady Quinn or Derrick Anderson?
Where's Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar when you need him.

GB12
08-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Who's starting for the Browns, Brady Quinn or Derrick Anderson?
You know that neither is still on the Browns. It'll be Jake Delhomme starting.

TitleTown088
08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Has a team holmgren has been associated with won at lambeau since he left? I'm sure its happened i'm just too lazy to look it up.

PACKmanN
08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Has a team holmgren has been associated with won at lambeau since he left? I'm sure its happened i'm just too lazy to look it up.

I have another one, has there been a year when the packers didn't play a team holmgren was associated with? It seems like we play against him every year

keylime_5
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
looking forward to seeing this game tonight. love you guys' stadium and your offense is fun to watch. Of course most of us browns fans like seeing AJ Hawk and Ryan Pickett. hopefully we can score more that we did last year against ya.

umphrey
08-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Packers and Brewers playing at the same time tonight. Tough choice...

GB12
08-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Not really. Brewers are playing one of 162. Packers are playing one of 20. Packers no question even if it is preseason.

umphrey
08-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Joke, Brewers have been out of contention for weeks. I'll still watch them, but mostly to see how Cain, Lucroy, Escobar are doing. Kind of like how I'll be watching the Packers today.

GB12
08-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh, got it. Still, even in the 2008 playoff year that's what I did. Packers will always come before the Brewers no matter what the situation.

wonderbredd24
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
please be gentle

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Finally get to see the Packers play against another team. Key to the game.... no injuries nothing else matters but hopefully we look good, which I think we will.

TitleTown088
08-14-2010, 06:21 PM
please be gentle It will be swift and painless. ;)

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Larry McCarren's pinky finger on his left hand is scary. Does anyone know why he never got that fixed so it wasnt sideways lol.

umphrey
08-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing Flynn play today

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Good thing its preseason... that sucked

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 07:25 PM
2nd drive, 1st offensive drive by Packers... ill just quote myself 4 that as well.

Good thing its preseason... that sucked

GB12
08-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow does our passing game look sharp.

Bulaga played very well on his first drive. Didn't allow any penetration and had a nice blitz pickup on the outside that Clifton missed.

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
End 1st quarter..

Rodgers 9-9 shredding the Browns. Offense looks really good except for fumble by Grant on very 1st offensive drive and play.

wonderbredd24
08-14-2010, 07:46 PM
End 1st quarter..

Rodgers 9-9 shredding the Browns. Offense looks really good except for fumble by Grant on very 1st offensive drive and play.
Meanwhile the running game has a fumble, a concussion, and a minimal gain.

We're... awful

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 07:50 PM
ehhh who needs to run when we got Rodgers and this passing offense :D

Boston
08-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Meanwhile the running game has a fumble, a concussion, and a minimal gain.

We're... awful

So I guess you get a medal or something?

Rodgers has looked amazing so far.

TitleTown088
08-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Rodgers good. Pass defense not good.

wonderbredd24
08-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers in for a 3rd drive is punitive.

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I dont know why Rodgers was still in either...

Nice punt! Cant say that often 57 yards 4.5 hangtime

TitleTown088
08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Near and Harrell looked pretty good.

wonderbredd24
08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Matt Flynn is a man

PackerLegend
08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
How can you not love double D and his smile lol

GB12
08-14-2010, 09:12 PM
I am so ******* sick of hearing ath-a-letic.

J-Mike88
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Didnt watch the game. Am packing for flight to DisneyWorld tomorrow 7 am.
Have read all I can about the game from Bedard and company, and guys like you.
Your quote above, it sounds like Groundhog f***** Day again.
Imagine what happens if Woodson misses a few games.
And if we play a real QB not Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace.
Can Bulaga play OLB?

GB12
08-14-2010, 10:28 PM
The first series was bad, but overall I liked what I saw from the younger DBs.

BloodBrother
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
the ST play was awful all game. Looks like much of the same with that group. Kickoff coverage was weak...apparently they can't find a returner who can cleanly catch the ball, and sprinkle in a penalty by the group and you have the trifecta.

also didn't see much pass rush

princefielder28
08-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Larry McCarren's pinky finger on his left hand is scary. Does anyone know why he never got that fixed so it wasnt sideways lol.

It helps him stand out from other sports personalities in the Green Bay area

also didn't see much pass rush

that's because they really never blitzed unless it came from the inside

PackerLegend
08-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Justin Harrell made it through the game and didnt get injured. Atleast that we know of...

jsa230
08-15-2010, 03:29 AM
Justin Harrell made it through the game and didnt get injured. Atleast that we know of...

thats an accomplishment for harrell if he can play in 10 games this year it will justify his spot on the roster(and to think we could have leon hall) . . .

i did not get to see the game. how did shields do, lee?

umphrey
08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Our secondary didn't do much of anything to give me confidence. Morgan Burnett was kind of a stand out to me, though I think some will disagree. Early in the game he shot the gap on a run play and everyone was blocked but him and he made a good 1 on 1 stop for a 2 yard gain. They were throwing at the Collins/Williams (offense left) side early. In coverage Underwood and Lee didn't show anything besides some speed and tackling. They were clearly watching the receiver the entire time and weren't watching the QB or the ball. Also they were late on breaks. They stuck to their man pretty well I guess but once the ball was in the air they had no clue what to do and they were late diagnosing the route. I saw a lot of hitches and outs where they left a huge window (time and space) of open receiver to throw to.

umphrey
08-15-2010, 11:47 AM
+ J Harrell looked like a beast against the twos and threes
+ Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson all showed up looking extremely sharp in midseason form
+ Finley was a man among boys
+ Rodgers had time to throw
+ Rodgers dropped and made a throw consistently, meaning he got rid of the ball quick on schedule
+ Quinn Johnson was a very good lead blocker. He is on his way to winning himself a roster spot for that.
+ I liked what I saw out of Morgan Burnett
+ Bulaga looked solid but unspectacular at LT, LG
+ Noticeably less penalties particularly on ST and offensive holding. Might have been the refs being easy on a preseason game.

- The secondary played poor. Tramon Williams and Nick Collins looked rusty. Underwood showed some speed and tackling ability but Underwood and Lee both looked like they were young rookies trying to learn.
- Raji looked slower than last year
- Pickett looked out of place a bit and his side didn't press the pocket or rush the passer at all from what I saw
- Sam Shields might have taken his name out of the PR/KR race by dropping balls and bad returns. I think the punt fumble would have been fair catch interference most days though.
- Brandon Jackson might be returning kicks and he is not very good at it

GB12
08-15-2010, 01:22 PM
+ J Harrell looked like a beast against the twos and threes Not sure I'd go quite that far. I liked what I saw, but he didn't do anything beastly.
+ Quinn Johnson was a very good lead blocker. He is on his way to winning himself a roster spot for that. Kuhn is still the best FB we have and I'd put Hall next. I want Johnson cut.

+ Bulaga looked solid but unspectacular at LT, LG
I thought Bulaga was very impressive. He needs to be starting, whether it's at RT or LG. I think he'd be an upgrade at either spot. He looked much better than Colledge last night.

- The secondary played poor. Tramon Williams and Nick Collins looked rusty. Underwood showed some speed and tackling ability but Underwood and Lee both looked like they were young rookies trying to learn.Williams let up a couple catches to some not very good receivers, not the best night for him. Collins looked good though. He had solid coverage and made a few nice plays. Not sure what you saw that you think he was rusty. I was encouraged by what I saw out of Underwood, Lee, and the rest of the younger guys.
- Raji looked slower than last year
- Pickett looked out of place a bit and his side didn't press the pocket or rush the passer at all from what I sawNot saying you're wrong with these, but we I think we need to see them more for those judgments. We were in nickel for like half the time our starters were out there.
- Sam Shields might have taken his name out of the PR/KR race by dropping balls and bad returns. I think the punt fumble would have been fair catch interference most days though. Yeah, I've seen enough of him on returns. Dropped kicks can not happen. He hasn't don't much with the ones he has returned either.
- Brandon Jackson might be returning kicks and he is not very good at itSeems like we were just trying out new guys back deep. If Will Blackmon is healthy I'm sure he'll be the guy, and we'll be just fine. If he's not we could go with William if Al's back, or let Jordy take them again. I don't think Jackson will be the one, at least I hope he won't.

Favre4ever
08-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Im starting to realize something, people say that our linebacking core is good and deep but i think they are not mean and physical enough. I love Barnett, Hawk, Chillar, Bishop, Jones, Poppinga, Matthews and Jones but there's no thumpers in that group. People get to run way too easily through these guys. They can move, they can make plays but none of them are really imposing out there. Hawk was supposed to be that guy but it never happened.

I know yesterday wasnt a good indication of what the season might look like since they didnt blitz at all but if you cant execute playing base, something is wrong. Then again, this defense is based mainly on blitzes so we cant really tell. I this year they addressed the Dline in the draft, i think next year should be for linebackers/corners. Our offense is young with many up and coming players so they will be able to address the defense mainly. As for this year, the key will be to be able to generate some pressure. We do that, we have plenty of playmakers on defense to make plays.