PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Weekly prospect standouts: FR-SR

Ozzy
08-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I know it is a little early but caught a few bowl games of last season in 10, thought I would talk about a few prospects. Like years past, it is just a place to discuss prospects, especially the lesser known ones or the ones not even found yet.

*Marcellis Williamson JR DT Ohio: A very impressive inside tackle, built low to the ground but carries a large frame at 6-1 340. He has far better conditioning when compared to Terrance Cody of last year, and he is a player to really watch out for in the future.

*Chaz Powell JR CB Penn State: Moved over from receiver, could be a real game changer for them at corner. Very fluid athlete, could be a fine ball hawk when it is all said and done, just clearly needs to improve his toughness if he wants to be a star at that position.

*Zach Pianalto SR TE UNC: A very fine tight end prospect, reminds me a lot of an H-back, can block pretty well, is thick and strong but also has good hands catching the football. Could play a few positions at the next level, is a very solid talent.

*Noah Keller JR ILB Ohio: Another star Bobcat, very solid inside linebacker, fills the hole well and is stout at the point of attack. Could be a great inside linebacker prospect when it is all said and done.

*Chris Bowers SOPH C Marshall: A very physically strong center, very good at the point of attack and carries a thick frame with him. Should only improve in time and is mobile but needs to improve his quickness a little.

*Gerald Hodges SOPH OLB Penn State: Another potential star for Penn State, really quick linebacker, has a good build and can really run in the open field. Will be very interesting to see how he does in their system.

*Damien Berry SR RB Miami FL: A very decent prospect and could have a real breakout year for the Canes. Much stronger runner than Cooper, has decent quickness and speed, will be very interesting to see how he performs this season.

*Mario Harvey SR OLB Marshall: A very small linebacker but he is extremely strong, runs great in the open field and can really get off blocks. May not be a star but potentially he could be a dangerous player on the football field if given a chance.

I have done this for the past two years, below you can see the links to those threads, always has been fun so thought I would do it again this year. Enjoy!

2009 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35297&highlight=prospect)

2008 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25353&highlight=prospect)

Don Vito
08-17-2010, 09:31 AM
It's cool looking at the 2009 and 2008 ones, this really is a great thread to have. It also means it's almost that time of the year again.

Hurricanes25
08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
The only guy I can comment on is Damien Berry. He is an absolute beast and very underrated. One of the other 'Canes fans compared him to Frank Gore and he was spot on. I expect Berry to get the majority of the carries of what looks like to be a crowded backfield. By draft day, I expect him to have a 3rd-4th round value.

Ozzy
08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
The only guy I can comment on is Damien Berry. He is an absolute beast and very underrated. One of the other 'Canes fans compared him to Frank Gore and he was spot on. I expect Berry to get the majority of the carries of what looks like to be a crowded backfield. By draft day, I expect him to have a 3rd-4th round value.Not sure he has Gore leg strength, Gore has tree trunks for legs. But Berry again is by far more strong and can break more tackles than Cooper can, and I agree he should get most of the carries.

Hines
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Chaz Powell came to Penn State as a DB. The reason why he got moved to WR is because he had bad hips. I don't think those hips have gotten any better, but we needed depth there and I'm sure he'd fit the bill of a PSU corner.

thenewfeature06
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Finally some Pianalto love haha.. he will most likely be a TE in the NFL but you are right he does mutiple things well.

BeerBaron
08-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Chaz Powell came to Penn State as a DB. The reason why he got moved to WR is because he had bad hips. I don't think those hips have gotten any better, but we needed depth there and I'm sure he'd fit the bill of a PSU corner.

You mean when the players biggest contribution to the defense is graduating?

Hines
08-17-2010, 09:02 PM
You mean when the players biggest contribution to the defense is graduating?

Yeah, basically what I meant. He's fast and seems to be agressive. Should be a good fit in the Cover 3 we always run.

BeerBaron
08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah, basically what I meant. He's fast and seems to be agressive. Should be a good fit in the Cover 3 we always run.

Lol, I don't remember who said it, but it was a couple years ago and someone said it about Lydell Sargent I believe. I thought it was hilarious...

Hines
08-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Lol, I don't remember who said it, but it was a couple years ago and someone said it about Lydell Sargent I believe. I thought it was hilarious...

Yeah, Sarge sucked.

About Hodges, I believe he has the most potential of all our LBs. He's a future AA IMO.

Fortt-Hull-Hodges is going to be a sick LB core in a few years.

Ozzy
08-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Off of coverage of Big Ten practices.

*William Gholston FR OLB Michigan State: Should be an absolute star, huge man at 6-7 250, can easily move down to defensive end in time. Massive kid, big and strong, wonderful wing span and should just dominate at Michigan State and really help that roster. He should be a big time star.

*Dennis Kelly JR OT Purdue: Big kid, love his size at tackle, still has a lot to prove but potentially he could be an outstanding pass protector, will be interesting to see how he does during the season.

*Mikel Leshoure JR RB Illinois: Should have a real breakout year for them, big back, powerful and has speed when he gets in the open. Illinois is focusing more on the run and are playing more of a power game so will be fun to watch him get the ball more and change that teams identity.

*Jeff Allen JR OT Illinois: I liked him last year, still looking good, big strong kid, good run blocker and good feet in pass protection, should be the best player in a much improved offensive line.

I was very impressed with new Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino. He coaches with great energy and appears to be switching the offensive to more of a power game. Should be fun to watch because they already have great running backs in Leshoure and Ford. Will be interesting to watch how they do on the field.

ToldLikeItIs
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Petrino looked like he was trying to overcoach a bunch of players that don't like to be coached.

underscore
08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Chaz Powell won't be anything more than a nickel guy. He's an athlete that just isn't a football player.

Hodges has a better than average chance at ending the season as a starter.

Ozzy
09-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Another wonderful season has started, here are a few thoughts so far this week, a lot of talent players showed up this weekend, more to come after I watch the rest of the tapes.

Week 1A: Prospect standouts

*Marcus Lattimore FR RB South Carolina: Big time running back, huge powerful kid, good between the tackles and is just a flat out tank, easily one of the most impressive running backs physically in the entire nation. He is absolutely worth all of the hype he has been getting.

*Devon Ramsey JR FB UNC: I love that full back, big kid, very athlete, can make plays if he gets the ball. Just a fine athlete, rare player at the full back position and I bet a lot of NFL teams want him on their roster. He could probably start right now on a few pro teams at full back.

*Marc Tyler SR RB USC: Very impressive, was always talented and always at the middle or near the top of his class because of his potential. Nice to see him showing it on the field, has gotten a lot stronger and is hard to bring down, easily one of the better senior running backs around.

*Ed Wesley SOPH CB TCU: Big time playmaker in space, very good in the open field, can make people miss and has a great flow to his running style, very effortless.

*Akeem Auguste JR FS South Carolina: Had a big time game at safety, great in the open field tackling, looks like he made the right switch moving to safety, he could be a star back their and develop into a really good player.

*Janoris Jenkins JR CB Florida: Outstanding game, showed unusual toughness and tackling ability, made plays all over the field and is clearly one of the elite of that great junior class of corners.

*Quenton Coples JR DE UNC: Big strong kid, love his size and has pretty good quickness at the point of attack, he is a great looking prospect.

*Devon Kennard SOPH ILB USC: Flat out amazing speed on the football field, cannot wait to see what Monte can do with him as a inside linebacker. However he did make some mistakes in that game but his speed is just amazing at this point.

*Bryant Moniz JR QB Hawaii: Played amazing at quarterback, tough kid, has confidence, is not afraid of anything and throws a really nice ball. Gets it out of his hands quickly, is a decent athlete and overall just a really impressive player. Cannot wait to see what he can do the rest of the season.

*Jake Kirkpatrick SR C TCU: Played very good against Paea on Oregon State, held his own at the point of attack, can get down field and block and is very solid as a run blocker, easily one of the best centers in the nation.

*Ronald Johnson SR WR USC: Looked outstanding, was smooth, quick in and out of his cuts and caught the ball effortlessly. A lot better start to his season than last year when that injury kept him out for awhile, really smooth looking receiver.

*Cierre Wood SOPH RB Notre Dame: Showed some big play potential at running back, something Notre Dame has not had in what seems like forever. Will be interesting to watch him progress.

*Alshon Jeffery SOPH WR South Carolina: Clearly the best in his class and one of the best in the nation. Probably is one of the best in the air, jump ball receivers in the country. Has just amazing hands, can catch everything.

*Jeremy Kerley SR WR TCU: Big time playmaker in the open field, electric with the ball, can really break it and make big plays. Love his return potential and is not a bad receiver either.

*Damario Jeffery SOPH OLB South Carolina: Played well, was all over the field making tackles, very fast kid and always seems to be around the ball.

*Jaye Howard JR DT Florida: Impressive at times for Florida, really did well getting into the backfield and is by far one of the most talented defensive tackles in a weak junior class of tackles.

*Wayne Daniels SR DE TCU: Showed great effort off the edge, pass rushed consistently like all Horned Frog rushes do. Will be interesting to see where he ends up at the next level potentially, a lot like Hughes of last year just not as athletic.

*Ahmad Black SR SS Florida: Outstanding safety, was great last year and is even better this year, all over the field making plays. He has fine open field speed and really good toughness for his size.

*Ace Sanders FR WR South Carolina: Big time freshman receiver, has great quickness, and makes very big plays with the ball in his hands. He should have a monster year for South Carolina and is the exact receiver they need to be a great offense.

*Ryan Katz JR QB Oregon State: Very impressed with him at quarterback, very calm in the pocket, throws the ball quite well. Has decent accuracy, and is very under control on the field. Fine looking quarterback prospect for the Beavers and he should be a good one.

*Jheraine Boyd SOPH WR UNC: Clearly a breakout game for him against some hyped LSU defensive backs. Really ran well and could get open down the field and made huge plays. Should be another fine speedy receiver to come out of North Carolina, and should complement Little really well as the season goes on.

*Stephon Gilmore SOPH CB South Carolina: Everyone knows him by now, just a great corner and one could argue he might be the best in the country, even better than Peterson at LSU, just an outstanding prospect.

*Bruce Carter SR OLB UNC: Physically he looks like a 1st round pick at outside linebacker. Very strong kid, runs great on the field and is getting stronger at the point of attack and getting off blocks. To me he looks by far better and stronger than last season.

*Khaled Holmes SOPH OG USC: A great wide body, still has a lot to improve on but he can move people in the run game and played pretty solid, will see how he develops over time.

*Ed Braham SR TE UNC: Always loved his size and toughness as a blocking tight end, does not disappoint and in that regard he is a very sound player and one of the better blocking tight ends around.

*TJ Yates SR QB UNC: Extremely impressive game as a leader for UNC, played well with the odds against him, made some very smart throws and got into the end zone throwing on time and accurate balls. Very solid game for him and he did impress.

*Shareece Wright SR CB USC: That defensive secondary got rocked, but I loved some of the ball skills Wright showed in that game. Very active and was wonderful in coverage at times, too bad same cannot be said for the team.

*TJ McDonald SOPH FS USC: Loved his speed on the field, big rangy kid but really needs to improve his tackling ability, is just a project potentially right now but has great speed and range so far.

*Tank Carder JR ILB TCU: Tough linebacker, hits hard and tackles hard. Should be a fine player and could develop into a really productive linebacker in time, never can have enough players that tackle as aggressively like he does.

*Robert Woods FR WR USC: He should be a pretty solid receiver for USC in the future, good quickness and can make plays with the ball in his hands. Unlike many of the other young receivers for USC, Woods is a player with play making potential.

*Tre Boston FR CB UNC: I like his range as a safety that he showed, was not great but in the future he is one to watch develop for sure.

*Jason Teague SR CB TCU: Big tall corner, can run well and is in the right position a lot of the time, will be a decent late round prospect potentially or a UDFA type player.

*Braylon Broughton JR DE TCU: Love his size at defensive end, big long kid, great potential because of that size and is already a decent pass rusher off the edge that plays hard.

*Stansly Maponga FR DE TCU: Impressive young pass rusher, good getting under the tackle and getting by him with his speed. Pretty strong at the point of attack and could develop into a star for TCU.

Disappointments
Jordan Jefferson JR QB LSU: Just awful at quarterback, he did nothing all second half against all backup defensive backs for UNC. Did not look under control, did not lead his football team well and simply was just looking for big play or no play. Did not do the little things right, very disappointed in his development as a quarterback based off that game.

DeAndre Brown JR WR Southern Miss: In terms of body language what a joke, did not give much effort and everyone watching could see it. Against the top like players he did nothing but late he played well against backups. Just a big tall kid, and rarely do those guys play well in the NFL unless they are great athletes, he is not, he is slow and lazy. Very disappointed in this so called freak from Southern Miss.

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps WR/RB Florida: Clearly Tebow was a huge reason for their success. Without the power run option from the quarterback position those two players are just simply not effective. Demps if he gets touched he is down, and Rainey in the open field is ok but he is so small and just simply not very strong. That run game for Florida clearly had everything to do with Tebow. Odd thing is the have some supposedly good offensive linemen back, but regardless if you do not have a running quarterback in that offense it completely shuts down. Kind of good to see those two players for who they really are, not elite NFL talents what so ever.

Sniper
09-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Denard Robinson puts together a 383-yard effort against a team that's supposed to be a top dog in the Big East and can't crack this list. This must be one hell of an exclusive list.

Ozzy
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Denard Robinson puts together a 383-yard effort against a team that's supposed to be a top dog in the Big East and can't crack this list. This must be one hell of an exclusive list.Hahaha yeah right, clearly that was impressive but I have not watched that tape just yet, should do that either today or tomorrow and add to that list, plus the games on today.

But yes obviously that is impressive, but in terms of NFL prospects, not that impressive because what are the chances he does that in the NFL? Sure maybe be a Randle El type player but let us first see if he can even come close to what Randle El did on Indiana. Hell Pat White got cut by the Dolphins and he was a decent quarterback come his senior season, how would Robinson make a team then if Pat White gets cut by a team that runs the "Wild Cat"? Clearly it would be as a slot receiver, but yes in terms of Michigan football that was a great game against a always solid and consistent UCONN team.

Sniper
09-06-2010, 09:14 AM
how would Robinson make a team then if Pat White gets cut by a team that runs the "Wild Cat"?

Because they're not the same player?

Babylon
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I thought Craig Roh looked good for Michigan, he has a ton of range and speed off the edge if not a lot of go-to moves. He could down the road be in that Mark Herzlich mold the way he is used.

Sniper
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I thought Craig Roh looked good for Michigan, he has a ton of range and speed off the edge if not a lot of go-to moves. He could down the road be in that Mark Herzlich mold the way he is used.

Roh loves the spin move. He's pretty effective with it, but his best asset is his speed. He looks like he can still move well despite the added weight.

Duffman57
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM
How in the HELL is Kenjon Barner not on this list? 150 yards and 5 TD's (1 rec) and 1 rec for 60 yards. He showed crazy balance and could be a dominant 3rd down back.

Ozzy
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Duffman57 How in the HELL is Kenjon Barner not on this list? 150 yards and 5 TD's (1 rec) and 1 rec for 60 yards. He showed crazy balance and could be a dominant 3rd down back.I try to watch as many games as possible but sorry could not catch all 50+ games this weekend, maybe next weekend huh?

As for Barner, I along with many others I am sure were fully aware of his abilities after the Rose Bowl. Sure it was a great game, but know what is not great, New Mexico's defense.

Duffman57
09-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I try to watch as many games as possible but sorry could not catch all 50+ games this weekend, maybe next weekend huh?

As for Barner, I along with many others I am sure were fully aware of his abilities after the Rose Bowl. Sure it was a great game, but know what is not great, New Mexico's defense.

Huh? He didn't do much in the Rose bowl. Your thinkin of LaMichael James who was suspended for this game. Barner is his backup (but i think he's their ST's back)

Yah its not exactly amazing to do it against New Mexico, but its certainly a very good game.

Ozzy
09-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Week 1B: Prospect Standouts

*Perry Dorrestein SR OT Michigan: Love that kids size at tackle, huge man and really moves well on the football field. Is one of the better lineman on a very solid Michigan offensive front. Be interesting to see how his stock skyrockets this year potentially.

*Kellen Moore JR QB Boise State: Sure what have you done lately, the given pick but seriously is this kid a legit NFL prospect or what? Proven leader, proven field general, does not take sacks, has nice touch and accuracy. Only difference between him and the #1 pick Bradford is that Bradford is taller and supposedly more "athletic", but end of the day Moore might not be just a system quarterback. Great performance by him.

*Davon Morgan SR FS Virginia Tech: Very impressed with him at safety, made some flat out sick plays on the ball in the air, wonderful anticipation skills show and ball skills shown. Do not remember much from him in years previous but he really stood out and played tall in a young and below average Virginia Tech defense.

*Billy Winn JR DT Boise State: Was a terror at times rushing the passer, played on the inside but could clearly potentially be a DE in a 3/4. Seems to have very good quickness and pass rushing ability with a solid frame, very fine looking defensive lineman.

*Adrian Moten SR OLB Maryland: Nothing amazing but did play with great emotion on the field and has always been a very solid and stout athlete at linebacker. He can run and hit well in the open field.

*Omar Hunter SOPH DT Florida: I like him at tackle, quick athlete, built low to the ground and gets consistent pressure on the quarterback, will be interesting to watch him this season.

*Wyatt Middleton SR SS Navy: How knows if he will play football later in life but he is one hell of a tackler. Might have trouble in coverage, but as an open field tackler he is really solid and makes a lot of plays. Think of him as a special teams guy and a project, might be worth it possibly.

*Mike Daniels JR DT Iowa: They have another fine defensive lineman, Daniels shows good ability at tackle, makes plays and gives good effort. They always seem to have depth and talent on that defensive line and he will be the next potential star for them.

*Doug Martin JR RB Boise State: Really got a lot strong since last year, now he looks like a tank on the field. Was great as a freshman and should be just as good this year, good tough runner with a lot of ability.

*Marcus Davis SOPH WR Virginia Tech: Just as an athlete at receiver he really did stand out, did not do much but physically he is one to really pay attention to down the road.

*Nate Potter JR OT Boise State: Everyone talks about him, clearly got beat a few times early but one could argue he was playing out of position. Came back strong though and clearly his potential is based on his size and good athletic ability.

*Alex Wujciak SR ILB Maryland: He gets a lot of talk, I did not think he was dominating in a run first game, but is a decent player and probably will be a late round draft pick. He has good size and instincts it seems.

*Tommy Gallarda SR TE Boise State: Love his size at tight end and like all Boise tight ends he can get down the field and make plays in the passing game, decent prospect at that position.

*Patrick Omameh SOPH OG Michigan: Another Michigan lineman with good speed and athletic ability, still has things to improve on but he is a very solid player that could be really good down the road.

*David Molk SOPH C Michigan: Very impressed with him at center, good athlete and very stout at the point of attack.

*David Wilson SOPH RB Virginia Tech: Did not do much but he really great open field speed and could be a special player in the future. Sadly when would he get the ball with those fine running backs ahead of him.

*Jarrett Boykin JR WR Virginia Tech: I like how he played, has fine hands and I like how aggressive he attack the football and how purposeful he was after he got the ball and started to turn up field. He is a moderately good receiver prospect.

*Sean McClellin JR DE Boise State: Was very solid off the edge rushing the passer. Provided consistent pressure and is a player to watch develop in the future.

Note:
Mike Pouncey SR C Florida: I have never seen anything like that, his game against Miami OH I bet he had like 10-15 poor snaps in the shot gun. He was just awful. Oddly the kid is a beast just like his brother and could be a star in the NFL at guard. I know why they put him at center though at Florida, his speed provides more pop to that run game as a pulling center. Still and outsanding player and prospect I feel and that is really saying something after how awful he played at center snapping the football. Physically though the kid is huge, fast and can punish people as a blocker. Please Florida move him back to guard and let him just be a beast as a blocker, obviously is not a natural center at this point.

gpngc
09-06-2010, 11:21 PM

*Kellen Moore JR QB Boise State: Sure what have you done lately, the given pick but seriously is this kid a legit NFL prospect or what? Proven leader, proven field general, does not take sacks, has nice touch and accuracy. Only difference between him and the #1 pick Bradford is that Bradford is taller and supposedly more "athletic", but end of the day Moore might not be just a system quarterback. Great performance by him.

Arm Strength.

Ozzy
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
gpngc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Arm Strength.Maybe, but I was never a Sam Bradford fan what so ever. Maybe he is great in the NFL, I do not know yet but I was never a fan of him and really the main reason he got drafted so high was because he was a good kid, good leader, hard worker, studied hard and did not make mistakes. He was a game manager and leader on the field. What I am saying is Kellen Moore is just like that, but he is not 6-4, if he was people would be saying and talking about how high of a draft pick he could become. As for Bradford I never thought he had some rocket arm in college at all. I remember on here when Stafford was at Georgia everyone was ripping him apart and everyone said Bradford had just as good of an arm as Stafford did. That is a joke, Stafford has an arm, but I would not say Bradford got drafted #1 because of his cannon for an arm, it is what else he brings to the table. And again I am saying Moore brings those exact same things. But one could get him in what the 2nd or 3rd round if people sleep on him when he comes out as a senior? Would be pretty nice for whoever gets him potentially.

TitansCJftw
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
dwayne harris dont forget the name
http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/4816470_5360713

Ozzy
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Week 1C: Prospect standouts

Babylon

*Craig Roh SOPH OLB Michigan: Totally agree, honestly speaking Roh might be one of the best 3/4 OLB prospects in the nation. The kid can move, is not just a pass rusher but can cover ground. He is an outstanding prospect and is by far one of the best 3/4 prospects regardless of class. He is tall, is a good pass rusher and can run.

*Mike Martin JR DT Michigan: Even better than last season, he is getting a lot of attention and rightfully so, he can get off blocks, gives great effort on the field and really he could go out early for the draft this year and be a 1st or 2nd round pick possibly. I would take Martin over Marvin Austin's problems any day of the week.

*Zach Hurd SR OG UCONN: Mountain of a guard, huge guy, nice athlete and is a very strong run blocker. Will clearly be one of the best guards in the up coming draft, very talented player and is one of the reasons why UCONN can always run the football.

*Ryan Van Bergen JR DE Michigan: Love his size at 6-6 280+, great prospect in that regard. Much less the fact he plays with very solid effort and is strong at the point of attack. Him, Martin and Roh are the reason Michigan has a better defense this year, great switch for that team moving to a 3/4 with the personnel they have.

*Greg Lloyd SR ILB/OLB UCONN: He is an interesting player, not as good as his teammates at linebacker but has potential maybe as a 3/4 outside linebacker, might be too slow to play in the middle but has good size to him and is a strong player. Could play down defensive end but might be a little slow for that though. Was over matched speed wise against Michigan, they would have been better off putting Lutrus in the middle that game, but still Lloyd is an interesting prospect.

*Jordan Kovacs SOPH SS Michigan: Not a great player but was all over the field, always in the right position and played close to the line of scrimmage a lot despite his size. Is just like Cody Grimm on VT last year, similar player and clearly NFL teams want special team/safeties like that who can simply tackle.

*Denard Robinson SOPH QB/WR Michigan: Really played well clearly, that was obvious. He is a big time athlete, very quick, has great acceleration and can make people miss. Like I said before I view him as a Randle El type player, a potential big play slot receiver in the NFL. Will see how the rest of this season goes though, but with his speed and that much improved offensive line, he should have a monster year.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Kellen Moore had a hell of a game, but he was barely able to throw passes away because his arm is so weak. Dude just doesn't have an NFL arm.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Denard Robinson is a sophomore.

trojanbrutha
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Here's a highlight of Jerrel Jernigan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXUj6O2q54) on his way to 193 total yards Saturday against BGSU

Ozzy
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Here's a highlight of Jerrel Jernigan on his way to 193 total yards Saturday against BGSUYeah that kid was a player last year, very good athlete that can move the football as a receiver and make plays.

Kellen Moore had a hell of a game, but he was barely able to throw passes away because his arm is so weak. Dude just doesn't have an NFL arm.True, but so does Chad Pennington and he had a pretty decent career in the NFL. Not sure that Moore has a flat out trash arm, and clearly with the likes of Russell's lack of success, arm strength is not everything in the NFL for obvious reasons. On the negative side, same could be said for some for Josh Heupel and Danny Wuerffel, weak arms with everything else. However I do not consider Kellen Moore to be a Josh Heupel type talent, where he is just a game manager. I believe Moore has more ability than both of those college quarterbacks. Still one to watch that is for sure.

gpngc
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
^Nah. Chad Pennington had a better arm than Moore. Moore doesn't have a "trash" arm, but he simply lacks the velocity on his ball that he'd need to throw the deep comeback and deep out at the NFL level.

No QB from that system has ever even sniffed relevance in the league.

He's a fantastic college QB, and I do love his intangibles as you've mentioned. However, his pure physical gifts are no where near Bradford's or Pennington's for that matter.

09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
If Bill Walsh were alive I betcha he'd be smiling had he witnessed the game that Kellen Moore had. That is a Bill Walsh QB, and what the WCO was intended for when it first became relevant on those late 70's Bengals teams.

PossibleCabbage
09-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Arm Strength.

Arms get stronger for young guys in good NFL programs; compare Aaron Rodger's arm coming out of Cal vs. his arm in the NFL now. It's not the kiss of death, as much as you think. I certainly wouldn't take Moore in the first since he won't help a bad team turn around quickly, so he's not like Bradford in that way, but if you're a team with a short term answer at QB but not a long one, I would definitely consider taking him in the second tier of QBs and letting him sit, work, and learn. Definite late-bloomer NFL starter potential, but year 3 at the earliest.

Ozzy
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
gpngc ^Nah. Chad Pennington had a better arm than Moore. Moore doesn't have a "trash" arm, but he simply lacks the velocity on his ball that he'd need to throw the deep comeback and deep out at the NFL level.

No QB from that system has ever even sniffed relevance in the league.

He's a fantastic college QB, and I do love his intangibles as you've mentioned. However, his pure physical gifts are no where near Bradford's or Pennington's for that matter.I see him and Pennington as potentially similar, still even if Moore does not develop in this two years in college into that elite player coming out. He is by far better than a lot of backups already in the league, and like PC said, if he sticks around who knows what he can develop into. Sure some quarterbacks have monster arms, but they need the intangibles to be a great player. Moore has those, as for no Boise quarterback has ever been relevant in the NFL, well I feel that is about to change with him. Heck Zabransky had a pretty decent arm, not great but he could chuck it deep on the run, so what he was lacking all the other qualities. Still will be interesting to watch more develop over the next two seasons, and that is great for him because clearly he is going not coming out early after his junior year.

PossibleCabbage
Arms get stronger for young guys in good NFL programs; compare Aaron Rodger's arm coming out of Cal vs. his arm in the NFL now. It's not the kiss of death, as much as you think. I certainly wouldn't take Moore in the first since he won't help a bad team turn around quickly, so he's not like Bradford in that way, but if you're a team with a short term answer at QB but not a long one, I would definitely consider taking him in the second tier of QBs and letting him sit, work, and learn. Definite late-bloomer NFL starter potential, but year 3 at the earliest.Very good point, I do not think anyone saw Aaron Rodgers and said, wow that kid throws the best deep ball in college football. No one said that, and now he is arguably the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. So very good point, but like I first said at the start, difference with Moore is his height, so he is not the ideal size what so ever, so that might hurt him. Sure Brees this Brees that, Brees had a great throwing arm in college and was a better player at that level than Moore might ever be. Moore is just a different type of player. Thaddeus Lewis made it on a roster being a smaller guy though and I would take Moore of Lewis any day of the week.

Hahaha Dang Cowherd is right, one talks quarterbacks everyone cares, why is this type of discussion not going on over defensive tackles or offensive guards? ;o)

AntoinCD
09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I really do not like Kellen Moore as a prospect. He has so many things going against him.

He is severely undersized. He is at most 6'0 even and Drew Brees is very much so the exception to the rule. He also has a fraile build and I think he's only around 175lbs maybe. He lacks even adequate arm strength to succeed.

One of the most underrated things though is he's left handed. Teams have to completely reconfigure their offensive line for a left hander. It changes everything and I believe most teams will not bother with the hassle for an undersized QB, with a fraile build and mediocre arm strength.

I dont think he is even close to the prospect that Colt McCoy was

ToldLikeItIs
09-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Need some Hawkeye game takes.

Ozzy
09-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Need some Hawkeye game takes.Need to have them actually play someone first haha

Nah, but I was impressed with Daniels at defensive tackle as a newer lineman seeing action for them. Seemed like he could get in the backfield and make some things happen. Clayborn as always is a monster on the edge, very impressed with Nielsen at linebacker, he was a lot faster than I thought. Also Sash looks even better than last year.

Did not catch the entire game though, and again will wait till they play a better team. Anxious to see what their tight ends do and what new offensive lineman will become a star for this years team.

BigBanger
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I really do not like Kellen Moore as a prospect. He has so many things going against him.

He is severely undersized. He is at most 6'0 even and Drew Brees is very much so the exception to the rule. He also has a fraile build and I think he's only around 175lbs maybe. He lacks even adequate arm strength to succeed.

One of the most underrated things though is he's left handed. Teams have to completely reconfigure their offensive line for a left hander. It changes everything and I believe most teams will not bother with the hassle for an undersized QB, with a fraile build and mediocre arm strength.

I dont think he is even close to the prospect that Colt McCoy was
Mediocre? I would say you are being very generous. His arm is terrible. For the college level its barley mediocre. McCoy was a late round prospect. Moore is not even scout worthy. He might be a potential 3rd or 4th string QB, but that's about it. Good college player and all, but he'll be looking for a job like the rest of us, and he too will realize that a college degree ain't worth the hair on a dogs ass.

iowatreat54
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Yea, it doesn't really matter for Iowa last week. EIU was a high school team.

Clayborn was his usual self, but was getting double and tripled sometimes. But you could see his influence in how it opened up for the other guys.

Daniels (DT) and Daniel (DE) played pretty well and should help ease the blow of losing Clayborn, Ballard, and Klug next year, albeit you can't expect no drop off after that.

The TEs looked awesome and as always will be a big part of the offense. Reisner should have an Iowa TE-type production year. He's pretty well rounded.

So far only Reiff should be mentioned on the OL because he's an animal. I believe he's either a RS Soph or true Soph. fap fap fap fap

tjsunstein
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Will see Mario Harvey and Chris Bowers on Friday night when they take on WVU at home.

ToldLikeItIs
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Nielsen did look pretty quick out there, no Ozzy I was hoping you would mention Adam Robinson.

Treat, Herman is a great run-jump athlete at TE, our best since..Dallas Clark?

ToldLikeItIs
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Break-out OL will be RS FR. OG Nolan MacMillan.
He's barely 18, starting for the Hawks, stands 6'6 1/2 305 or so, and passed up some pretty experienced guys.
Certainly looks the part as well.

iowatreat54
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Nielsen looked awesome in pursuit, but pretty mediocre other than that. Granted it was his first game (starting and playing the whole game) but he should get better.

Herman looked pretty awesome. Is he a soph or a junior? With him and CJ next year and James Vanderbeek throwing, it could be orgasmic.

I'm excited about MacMillan, but he got beat a bunch Saturday. He has a ton of potential too. can't wait for him and McMillan (sp?) to star on our OL. Both are like 6'6 300.

Ozzy
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
tjsunstein Will see Mario Harvey and Chris Bowers on Friday night when they take on WVU at home.Yeah that is always a cool game, especially since it is at Marshall. Janac is a player to watch on the defensive line, love his size and he makes a few plays every now and again. Be interesting to see if anyone else stands out on that team, hope they keep to running the football like they did last year.

ToldLikeItIs Nielsen did look pretty quick out there, no Ozzy I was hoping you would mention Adam Robinson.

Treat, Herman is a great run-jump athlete at TE, our best since..Dallas Clark?Adam Robinson I am not a huge fan of him, sure he is ok but yet to see him as some star potential at running back, will wait and see. No why is he anywhere near a Shonn Greene type talent at all.

As for the tight end, Herman he looked ok, but not sure he is anywhere close to being a Dallas Clark type of athlete. Will see....

Ozzy
09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
*Robert Bolden FR QB Penn State: What a stud prospect, outstanding game being his first career start at Penn State. Played like a veteran, moved the offense effortlessly up and down the field. Got rid of the ball quickly, was accurate and showed great touch on his passes as well. Looked confident, under control and put the ball in the right place more often than not. Just a great performance, sure it was not a great team he was playing against but still for a true freshman to play that well in his first start, that says a lot. If he keeps up that development, he is going to be a stud quarterback prospect down the road.

*Ollie Ogbu SR DT Penn State: Loved him at defensive tackle, a very well developed pass rusher. Has a lot of different pass rush moves, plays extremely aggressive and is quick off the snap and at times can easily get by blockers. Really played with great effort play after play in that game as well. Very impressive and he is one to watch as the season goes on against better competition, he could be a terror for them on that defensive line though. Very solid looking player, cannot wait to see him against some better offensive lines.

Saints-Tigers
09-09-2010, 08:20 AM
People fall for these Kellen Moore types every damn year.

Ozzy
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Saints-Tigers People fall for these Kellen Moore types every damn year.Fall for? Maybe, exaggerated after an amazing come back performance? Sure, but fact is he still has basically two more years to develop and he is just as good as any of these quarterbacks in the NFL.

Matt Moore
Brian Brohm
Colt McCoy
Luke McCown
Thaddeus Lewis
Matt Leinart
Josh Johnson
Brian Hoyer
Shaun Hill
Max Hall
John Beck
Matt Flynn
Rudy Carpenter
Dan Orlovsky
Curtis Painter
Tony Pike
Chris Redman
Rusty Smith
John Parker Wilson

Much less the fact that Leinart got cut not because of his arm strength, but more because of his character, work ethic and leadership ability on that football team. Sure people questioned his arm, it was not that, it was his locker room and practice persona that got him cut from the Cardinals. Doubt Kellen Moore would be cut for lack of effort. But he is just like a Brian Hoyer, Max Hall, or Shaun Hill type. Heck do you know how often Shaun Hill has started football games in this league, does he have some rocket arm? No but he can manage a game and that is something teams do look for. Of course go with the rocket gunslinger but never know when he might turn out to be a JaMarcus Russell type of leader and worker. According to the logic of arm strength, Russell would have been picked up by a NFL team by now because he has a great arm, right?

As for Bradford, I made that comparison because I do believe Bradford was selected not because of his arm but because of what other things he brings to the table. Now is his arm a little better than I thought? Yes, has he come back off of surgery better than I thought, yeah. But still the kid was drafted that high on character and I fee with Kellen Moore when his time comes the same thing will happen for him. Now will he be picked that high? Probably not...

iowatreat54
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah that is always a cool game, especially since it is at Marshall. Janac is a player to watch on the defensive line, love his size and he makes a few plays every now and again. Be interesting to see if anyone else stands out on that team, hope they keep to running the football like they did last year.

Adam Robinson I am not a huge fan of him, sure he is ok but yet to see him as some star potential at running back, will wait and see. No why is he anywhere near a Shonn Greene type talent at all.

As for the tight end, Herman he looked ok, but not sure he is anywhere close to being a Dallas Clark type of athlete. Will see....

Yea, I don't get all the Iowa fans' love of Adam Robinson. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have him and hope he does awesome, but he's a meh college RB and an even more meh or less prospect.

He had 109 yards on 25 carries. That's 4.36 yards/carry...against Eastern Illinois. Yes, he had 3 TDs, but they were all under 10 yards and result of him just bowling over defenders.

He did look to have good strength and better balance than last year, but he was also facing DL that were lke 250 lbs and LBs that were probably his size. Not that tough. He has decent vision at best, can't really find/hit holes, has decent quickness but horrible speed in general. His hands have improved, but are just ok. Haven't seen him really block at all so who knows. Sorry, but I love him because he's a Hawk, but kid is an average prospect at best, and that might be stretching it.

The real guy to watch will be Jewel Hampton Saturday vs. Iowa St. There will be lots of fapping to go around.

BigBanger
09-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I watched the KSU v UCLA game last night and Daniel Thomas looked really good. I found out that he was a senior and I was shocked. I thought he might have a lot of buzz around his name. He calls himself, "The best RB you've never heard of." He definitely looked the part against UCLA as he trashed their run defense for 234 rushing yards and 2 TDs. He looked pretty good. He's a former QB and stands at about 6'2'' and runs a little too high, doesn't have great top end speed, but he's got a lot of wiggle and some great cut back ability. His size reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. They are two completely different runners though. He looked really impressive. Mel Kiper has him as the 3rd rated RB in the draft and in his top 25. Made a bunch of big plays and ran hard. Broke a ton of tackles and showed very good balance.

William Powell, another senior back for KSU, also looked very good and showed a much better burst and top end speed than Thomas has. He had 6 carries for 72 yards and big TD run. JUCO transfer that didn't see much action last year, but I have a feeling KSU is going to use him a lot more during his senior season and spell Thomas. He is a name to watch. He looked really good.

Akeem Ayers looked good, and then bad and then looked. He had 11 tackles and 1 sack on the day. Rushed the passer from a DE position and looked great doing it. He was one of the most impressive pass rushing DEs I have seen from this class. Very versatile player, but made a few too many mental miscues and didn't play great team defense. Too many tackles made 4 to 7 yards down field. Instincts are a major question mark for me. Hell of a talent though. He will probably be the #1 LB taken in the draft, or, at least, be in the discussion. I'm surprised Ayers isn't being called a top 10 pick. Ton of speed and very athletic.

Rahim Moore had a great first half and **** the bed in the second half. KSU didn't really throw the ball, so his coverage skills weren't really used. His run defense is good. He shows great closing speed, incredible instincts, but he missed about handful of tackles. Showed off some great speed, but he has to do a better job of tackling. He finished with 7 tackles, but was in position to have about 10 or 12 tackles. Both Ayers and Moore are legit first rounders.

ToldLikeItIs
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
ARob runs a high 4.5 fwiw
Easily our best blocking back
Catches the ball fine out of the backfield
Very elusive, and his feet never stop moving
Incredibly hard worker
He's interesting because he's built thick through his chest and legs, but also linear with his long arms
He's going to be a prospect

ToldLikeItIs
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
In no way am I comparing Herman to Clark
He's the best athlete we've had since Clark, and that includes Moeaki

brat316
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
yeah looking back this is a good assss thread.

Ozzy
09-10-2010, 07:51 AM
BigBanger
I watched the KSU v UCLA game last night and Daniel Thomas looked really good. I found out that he was a senior and I was shocked. I thought he might have a lot of buzz around his name. He calls himself, "The best RB you've never heard of." He definitely looked the part against UCLA as he trashed their run defense for 234 rushing yards and 2 TDs. He looked pretty good. He's a former QB and stands at about 6'2'' and runs a little too high, doesn't have great top end speed, but he's got a lot of wiggle and some great cut back ability. His size reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. They are two completely different runners though. He looked really impressive. Mel Kiper has him as the 3rd rated RB in the draft and in his top 25. Made a bunch of big plays and ran hard. Broke a ton of tackles and showed very good balance. What you didn't get a chance to see him last year? Last year he easily stood out on that roster and was one of their best players, good to see Bill Synder come back and turn that program in the right direction. Will take awhile to build up talent though. Thomas is a very fine back, I really like his game and by now he is getting plenty of attention, but he showed a lot of signs last year as well.

Ozzy
09-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Just a response in defense of Mike Pouncey. Yes I said he disappointed as well when the week started, just like the creator of this site has just posted. However Mike Pouncey is completely fine, yes it is trouble some that he had such trouble snapping but get this, move him to guard and he is completely fine and arguably the best and most talented guard in the nation.

I say again Florida just wants to do certain things with him at center thus he is there, nonetheless, the kid is a flat out impressive guard potentially with great strength and great athletic ability. He and his brother are twins, not brothers, twins that is identical DNP and build. His brother is having great success and I believe Mike will follow suit in the NFL. The kid will be completely fine and most likely will end up being a 1st round draft pick in the up coming draft if a team is looking for a guard. Might drop because not many teams need a guard or interior lineman as bad as the Steelers did this past season. Still fact is he will be fine, if anything I am anxious to see how he plays the rest of the year because I am sure he is plenty motivated to prove everyone wrong since everyone thinks he is a laughing stock after what he did against Miami OH.
http://www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/PounceyMike_090912_5968_TCasey.jpg

Razor
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Marcus Lattimore was a beast today against Georgia. He just ran over the defenders, showed great vision and balance. I came away very impressed with him.

Ozzy
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Week 2A: Prospect Standouts

*Derek Sherrod SR OT Miss State: I was very impressed with his aggressive blocking style. Did not wait for the defender to come to him he came to the defender. Good hands, pretty solid feet and I like how he did not just take a punch without hitting back. Very solid looking tackle, could climb fast in a deep but star lacking group.

*Aaron Murray FR RS QB Georgia: Even in a loss, I was very impressed with him, strong arm, can get it down the field and is very effortless in his throwing motion. Decent mobility and very poised for a young player, and that is without many developed weapons to throw to and against a fine South Carolina defense. Very solid day for that young prospect.

*Nick Fairley JR DT Auburn: Had a great game, was all over the field, got penetration easily and had a good consistent motor about him. He will be very interesting to watch develop as the year goes on.

*Chimdi Chekwa SR CB Ohio State: Has always been a good player and have had an eye on him since he was a freshman. Has a lot of game experience and played like a true star against Miami. Made some very big plays and even though it is a deep class of corners potentially with underclassmen, Chekwa is still one of the best.

*Coby Fleener SR TE Stanford: Love his size, will be the next fine tight end out of that great system Harbaugh has created. Big tall kid, runs well down the field and can clearly block ontop of that.

*Owen Marecic SR FB/ILB Stanford: Loved the kid last year, great blocker and one of the best full backs around. But get this, the kid is starting both ways for Stanford, he is playing defense and offense for them. How impressive is that, just a great football player and deserves to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, what a flat out football player.

*JB Shugarts JR OT Ohio State: Very impressed what that big man did, solid looking prospect that is just massive. Played well against a fast front on Miami. Very solid looking prospect and should develop nicely down the road.

*Bacarri Rambo SOPH SS Georgia: A tough physical safety, is one to watch develop, still need to see if he can be good in pass coverage but he has the physical part down and is a promising athlete.

*Jermale Hines SR FS Ohio State: Showed blazing speed at times at safety, always was a promising athlete but really has developed nicely. Moves great in coverage and is a solid tackler, easily one of the best safeties in the nation and is improved from last year.

*Pernell McPhee SR DE/OLB Miss State: Not an amazing prospect but I like his size and speed as a pass rusher, could maybe play outside linebacker but could also be a defensive end in a 3/4, has a good build to him and is strong.

*Devin Taylor SOPH DE South Carolina: Noticed him last year, will notice even more this year. Love his big tall frame and he has nice quickness off the edge, if he gets any strong he could be a dominating player as a pass rusher.

*Brandon Saine SR RB Ohio State: Flat out insane pass catching ability for a running back, he will be a lock to be drafted, is such a weapon out of the backfield for any team. Good solid back and he should have a fine season.

*Tyler Moeller SR SS Ohio State: Two years ago showed flashes, is just in the right spot at the right time. Has over come a lot but is a very smart football player that could have a chance on special teams in the NFL.

*Justin Houston JR OLB Georgia: Very speedy pass rusher, can really get around the edge. Has real big time potential as an outside linebacker in a 3/4 defense. Good looking player and it really helps that Georgia switched to a 3/4 defense.

*Jamaal Berry FR RB/ Jordan Hall SOPH RB Ohio State: Both players in the same mold, were flat out studs as return men. Great speed as both backs, I really want to see Berry get the ball more, he is so quick in the open field and explosive. Both of these guys could have big time impacts once they develop. Ohio State rarely has running backs with that type of open field speed and quickness.

*DeMarcus Van Dyke SR CB Miami FL: Finally showed some ability and play making after years of doing nothing on the Canes. Had some good coverage at times and always important is his size that he has. Will see how he does as the year goes on.

Disappointments
*Jacory Harris JR QB Miami FL: Those interceptions are killing him. Sure people can say he is calm and everything, but really he just lacks emotion, he is not calm under pressure, he just seems asleep out there at times. Much less the poor passes in big games that hurts his team, not a good sign for him at all, much less how poor he plays when he gets pressured. Very disappointed in his development or lack there of off last season.

*Chris Culliver SR CB South Carolina: Move to corner, I still like him as a prospect but seriously he moved to corner because he is not tough enough as a tackler to play safety. That showed at corner, still a suspect tackler but I love his speed in the open field and his size is clearly a plus. Good move to corner because yes as a safety he is just too suspect tackling.

*Allen Bailey SR DE Miami FL: Very disappointed in his ability to get off blocks. I mean seriously if it was not a bull rush and pushing the player back he did not get around them. If they got their hands on him he was shut down and he had zero pass rush moves to get free. Great athlete but yes no way he plays outside linebacker, only way that happens is if in a 3/4 defense he blitzes as an inside linebacker on every single snap, and clearly that will not happen so they will put him on defensive line at end or tackle. Still be nice to see some pass rush moves out of him once in awhile.

*Ray-Ray Armstrong SOPH SS Miami FL: Sure he is big, has the number of Sean Taylor but he does not have the toughness. At least he is showing up at times on the field but he is just not that big of a hitter and not that good of a tackler. Does not find the ball well yet and is not a big hitter, or at least as big of a hitter as he should be. Really he should change his number because he will never come close to being like Sean Taylor, that is my guess.

*Akeem Ayers JR OLB ULCA: Did not watch the entire game but he looked pretty tired and had trouble against the tough blocking of Stanford. He did not hold his ground well and got pushed around at times pretty easily. Sure in the open field and unblocked he is great with his speed but when someone gets on him they can push him around if they are good.

*Aairon Savage SR FS Auburn: Liked him as a young player, has not developed into much, does not make many plays and is not very tough at all. Very disappointed about his development.

*Stephen Garcia SR QB South Carolina: Clearly a non prospect at quarterback. Did not play well against an so so Georgia defense. Just too slow of release and just not that good. Showed talent as a freshman and still could have a good year but in terms of the NFL, it will not happen most likely.

Razor Marcus Lattimore was a beast today against Georgia. He just ran over the defenders, showed great vision and balance. I came away very impressed with him.
__________________Totally agree, he looked great against Georgia, won them the game. His upper body strength is so good, when people hit him high they just simply do not get him down. Love his toughness and he seems to be very humble as well. Amazing looking prospect and one could argue he is top 5 in the nation regardless of class for potential NFL running backs.

Babylon
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Want to give a shoutout to a couple of Huskies:

Mason Forster, another big game at LB. 10 tkls, 1 sack.

Jermaine Kearse, 3 td on 9 catches for 179 yds and more important 0 drops. He's a good size receiver at about 6-2 and 210 but isnt a real burner probably running in the 4.6 range. Also Kearse has shown he can catch balls that have some zip on them.

I'd also include Notre Dame TE Kyle Rudolph. Excellant size and speed for the position. He had the signature catch for 95 yards against Michigan that will be played back by scouts over and over.

Ozzy
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Babylon Want to give a shoutout to a couple of Huskies:

Mason Forster, another big game at LB. 10 tkls, 1 sack.

Jermaine Kearse, 3 td on 9 catches for 179 yds and more important 0 drops. He's a good size receiver at about 6-2 and 210 but isnt a real burner probably running in the 4.6 range. Also Kearse has shown he can catch balls that have some zip on them.

I'd also include Notre Dame TE Kyle Rudolph. Excellant size and speed for the position. He had the signature catch for 95 yards against Michigan that will be played back by scouts over and over.Yeah Kearse is easily my favorite receiver on that team, very talented kid, too bad Middleton got kicked off, he was a good player. And yes Rudolph is a fine tight end, by far the #1 tight end in the up coming draft if he decides to come out.

ToldLikeItIs
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Ozzy, catch the Hawks?

RealityCheck
09-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Moore is not even scout worthy.

Yeah. Say that about a USC QB and you'll be raped.
The reason Moore isn't up there with Locker and Luck is that he plays at BSU. People just take competition too hardly these days.

brat316
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Put a TEMPLE player in this thread.

Sniper
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
The reason Moore isn't up there with Locker and Luck is that he plays at BSU.

And because he makes Matt Leinart's arm look like Ryan Mallett's.

Hurricanes25
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Put a TEMPLE player in this thread.

I'll pimp Zamel Johnson for you in a few years.

Hurricanes25
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
The reason Moore isn't up there with Locker and Luck is that he plays at BSU. People just take competition too hardly these days.

No. Moore has a noodle arm and is not even 6'0 tall.

brat316
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll pimp Zamel Johnson for you in a few years.

HAhaha...what about Abdul Smith?

Hurricanes25
09-13-2010, 04:32 PM
HAhaha...what about Abdul Smith?

Gotta be honest, I never heard of him. I'm surprised considering he went to Rutgers.

Gchu83
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
*Mike Davis FR WR Texas: Had 7 catches for 104 yards and a TD vs. Wyoming. The coaches were raving about Davis during camp and just announced him as a starter against Texas Tech.

Ozzy
09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
ToldLikeItIs Ozzy, catch the Hawks?No but caught a little more of their first game, I see what you are talking about with Herman, he is pretty dang athletic but he has to share time at tight end and thus will not get as many opportunities potentially.

bhaarat316 Put a TEMPLE player in this thread.Sure, put them on TV more. Clearly they have a few players, I want to see that running back that is for sure.

Babylon
09-13-2010, 04:59 PM

You can put Moore up there with anyone as far as college play is concerned but i have to agree with the rest, he just doesnt pass the test of an NFL QB. Might he hold a clipboard for a year or two? yeah, but that's about it.

ToldLikeItIs
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Watch the ISU game, and LB Jeff Tarpinian in particular (#33)

Unbiased
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Watch the ISU game, and LB Jeff Tarpinian in particular (#33)

What do you think of Stanzi as a pro prospect? I'm trying to record every Iowa game this year to see him as a candidate for the Jaguars. He seems to have the leadership and intangibles our GM looks for.

critesy
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
just a comment about savage the safety from auburn, he hasnt played in 2 years.. coming back from an acl injury one year then achilles the next. hes going to be rusty.

ToldLikeItIs
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Savage or Etheridge?

Stanzi is having a very efficient year. He certainly has the size, experience, intangibles and arm to be an NFL qb.

critesy
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Savage or Etheridge?

Stanzi is having a very efficient year. He certainly has the size, experience, intangibles and arm to be an NFL qb.
etheridge is coming back from broken vertebraes in his neck or something, its amazing that hes starting right now.

shylo3716
09-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Week 2A: Prospect Standouts

Disappointments
*Jacory Harris JR QB Miami FL: Those interceptions are killing him. Sure people can say he is calm and everything, but really he just lacks emotion, he is not calm under pressure, he just seems asleep out there at times. Much less the poor passes in big games that hurts his team, not a good sign for him at all, much less how poor he plays when he gets pressured. Very disappointed in his development or lack there of off last season.*

Coming from a die hard canes fan I can't agree anymore then what you just said.

Ozzy
09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
just a comment about savage the safety from auburn, he hasnt played in 2 years.. coming back from an acl injury one year then achilles the next. hes going to be rusty.True but as a freshman Savage showed a lot more ability on the field, same with Etheridge. I honestly am very disappointed in the Auburn defense, Fairley at tackle is a stud potentially but they have no real good linebackers and all the defense backs are average at best. They used to really put out good safeties a few years back. Just overall disappointed with the lack of star power on that defense consistently, sure they would win the SEC, but not with a defense like that. But yes they could improve and play better as the season goes on, and great for them for coming back off injury.

JoeJoeBrown
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM

I'm still waiting for Locker to do anything to live up to his hype. The guy has all of the physical tools but has yet to set the world on fire.

The Huskies shouldn't be as mediocre as they have been if he were truly as great as he's been hyped up to be.

Sniper
09-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I heard Denard Robinson had a fairly solid game.

Ozzy
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Week 2B: Prospect Standouts

*Dre Kirkpatrick SOPH CB Alabama: Very impressed with what a saw from him, willing to tackle, made some fine plays on the football and played very aggressive. Simply put I would want no other coach coaching defensive backs ahead of Nick Saban, he is the best at it.

*Brian Rolle SR OLB Ohio State: I love his energy, his toughness for his size and his explosiveness getting off blocks. Very solid football player, could play all linebacker positions potentially, just a all around solid prospect at linebacker.

*D.J. Fluker FR OT Alabama: What a monster he is, should be a great offensive lineman for them. Big time run blocker, good athlete that is very strong and could develop to be a great player down the road. Is clearly one of the elite young tackles out there right now.

*Leonard Hankerson SR WR Miami FL: Played very well, caught almost everything thrown his way, runs good solid routes and is consistent in his performance. He should be a big time sleeper prospect in the up coming draft.

*Trent Richardson SOPH RB Alabama: The best running back in his class, last year he did not show this type of running ability and quickness. Has great feet, good speed, good in the open field and can not only run people over but also make them miss. Great running back prospect as many already know.

*Robert Sands JR FS West Virginia: Love him as a project player, huge kid at safety, and from what little I saw seems to be getting smarter and more active on defense. Moves well and is not afraid to hit, cannot wait to see him play more.

*Sean Spence JR OLB Miami FL: Very productive game, stood out and got a lot of tackles. Shocked at how small he is though, he is really tiny and not stout at all. Great speed clearly but his size makes me really question where he can be put in the NFL. However they said the same thing about Derek Brooks, sadly not many teams play that Tampa 2 style of defense. Still a solid prospect but he has to gain at least 20 pounds of muscle to be a legit NFL talent.

*DeMarcus Milliner FR CB Alabama: Did not play great but is a player to watch out for, should be a great one in time.

*Bruce Irvin JR DE West Virginia: Did not see him much but he stood out, small defensive end but he got in the backfield and made plays tackling. Looks very athletic and quick and he is one to watch as the season goes on.

*Mark Barron JR SS Alabama: Played a solid game, looks much faster than last year and has a better feel for what he is supposed to be doing. Made very nice plays in pass coverage as well.

*Vinny Curry JR DE Marshall: Clearly had a dominating game, would have been more impressive if he actually was blocked, at times they just let him go for whatever reason. Will see if he can keep this up, if he can clearly that is good for his stock in the future.

*Tavon Austin SOPH WR West Virginia: Love his speed, West Virginia always seems to have those quick fast little guys that make big plays, he is another one of them down the road potentially.

Disappointments:

Dont'a Hightower JR ILB Alabama: Damn he is slow, looks very lazy on the field, does not run fast or hustle that much. Sure if he is unblocked he can mess people up, but he seemed very slow at times and did not get off blocks well. If he does not have a free run at a guy, or can hit a guy when he is not looking, he is not that impactful of a player. Very disappointed in him, coming off injury he does not look good, at least in that game. Where would you put him in the NFL? People say slow, he is beyond slow at linebacker, he is like, ok we have to put him at defensive end because he simply cannot cover anyone, and I bet that is what happens to him, he will be a defensive end in the NFL possibly. Still sad from everyone thinking he is the #1 outside linebacker because of his size and "hitting" but I saw very little hitting and or speed from him against Penn State.

Sniper I heard Denard Robinson had a fairly solid game.I heard he was freaking awful ;o) Yeah Gardner and or Forcier should just transfer right now.

Sniper
09-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Gardner and or Forcier should just transfer right now.

Devin's not going anywhere.

P-L
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
I didn't know where else to put this, but this is Mike Martin destroying a double team.

P64QDwaGecg

ToldLikeItIs
09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Anxiously awaits Iowa analysis.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Jeff Dempzzzz

09-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I heard Denard Robinson had a fairly solid game.

He's not a pro prospect! He doesn't count!!!

/mild sarcasm

RealityCheck
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
If Jacory eats some beef and works on his accuracy, he'll be a prime prospect.

09-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Most important of all, if he adds some zip to his throws instead of throwing it like a pansy every god damn time. I yelled at the TV multiple times during the course of that game, the worst being the Heyward INT.

tjsunstein
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Most important of all, if he adds some zip to his throws instead of throwing it like a pansy every god damn time. I yelled at the TV multiple times during the course of that game, the worst being the Heyward INT.
Eat beef
Get Stronger as result
Add more zip to passes as result
??????
Profit.

Hurricanes25
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM

Hs accuracy is fine. It's all about zip when it comes to Jacory.

dannyz
09-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I see Marcus Lattimore as a Slower but more Powerful CJ Spiller.

09-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I see Marcus Lattimore as a Slower but more Powerful CJ Spiller.

No. Because then he would no longer be comparable to CJ Spiller...

Texas Homer
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Lattimore looked really impressive to me.

holt_bruce81
09-15-2010, 11:56 PM

I don't see the Arm Strength.

Ozzy
09-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Week 2C: Prospect Standouts

As I said earlier in this thread, looking forward to seeing Illinois play, even though it was against weak competition I was impressed with that talent they have. Very powerful rushing team, love their quarterback and their defense is playing great team defense and have a few solid playmakers at each level. Will be interested to see how they do in the Big Ten this year, no way will they finish last in the league, they are by far better than last year. Especially with that powerful offensive line and solid group of big running backs.

*Nathan Sheelhaase FR QB Illinois: What an outstanding prospect he is, big athletic kid, very calm on the field, has a big time arm and just love his upside. And unlike Juice, he can actually throw the ball effortlessly. The sky is the limit for him and cannot wait to see him develop. Could be talking an absolutely elite quarterback prospect down the road.

*Martez Wilson JR RS LB Illinois: Came back off injury, love his athletic ability, looks much stronger than years past and seems to be developing nicely. One of the better linebackers out there and will be even more well rounded if he comes back for his senior season.

*Mikel Leshoure JR RB Illinois: Should be getting more talk than he is, big back, gives good effort and his big play ability. Has good speed and is changing the face of that Illinois team just by his presence.

*Jeff Allen JR OT Illinois: Love this kid, huge kid, very powerful run blocker and seems to be a sound athlete. I think he is one of the most talented underclassmen lineman around. Should be a good one down the road.

*Evan Wilson FR TE Illinois: Star player for them down the road, surprisingly good blocker, big kid, gives good effort and can get down the field. Should be a fine tight end prospect down the road.

*Jason Ford JR RB Illinois: Another fine big back for Illinois, love his feet, very quick and can break tackles, surprisingly quick and powerful in short yardage. Very solid looking prospect.

*Travon Bellamy SR CB Illinois: Really surprised by him, very into the game, good energy and is quite active. Not afraid to tackle and made some big plays, cannot wait to see him in the Big Ten and see what he can do against elite talent.

*Whitney Mercilus SOPH DE Illinois: Love his long arms at defensive end, quick off the edge and plays with good power. Will see what he can do when the competition gets better.

ChiFan24
09-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Not worth its own thread, but I want to state once again for the record that Armando Allen will help an NFL team next year. The fact that Scott still has him in the 20's makes no sense to me. So hard to bring him down in space, good instincts, polished in the passing game. I'd be shocked if he doesn't make a roster.

Day One Pick
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Auburn's Josh Bynes is the best ILB in college football.

Babylon
09-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska corner played like a prince out there today.

zachsaints52
09-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Jacory Harris has the Aaron Brooks effect. Just act like you didn't throw a INT and pretty soon you won't realize you did.

Brent
09-18-2010, 10:14 PM
another big game for Christine Michael, Jerrod Johnson almost singlehandedly lost against FIU but Michael went beast-mode in the 4th.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Limichael James is so Jamaal Charles.

Sniper
09-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I know it was against UMass, but Mike Martin continues to beast it. 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack from the nose in a 3-3-5/3.5-2.5-5.

Ozzy
09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Week 3A: Prospect Standouts

*Josh Bynes SR ILB Auburn: Had one of the best games I have ever seen a inside linebacker play I have. Blew up a number of running plays, made tackles for losses and hit really hard. Great game and got a lot of peoples attention, sadly previous times I watched Auburn he barely even showed up, will see how the rest of the season goes.

*Dwayne Allen SOPH TE Clemson: Great tight end, one of the best I have seen, big kid, looks a lot stronger than last year. He really moves well down field, is strong and can make yards after catch. Easily one of the top tight ends in the nation.

*Taylor Martinez FR RS QB Nebraska: Big time athlete, great open field speed. Not sure what that means at the next level, but he makes Eric Crouch look slow I think. Clearly is not going to be a quarterback at the next level but will be interesting to see what he does with the rest of his college career. Has real game breaking speed, would make former college quarterbacks like Brad Smith, Michael Robinson or Ronald Curry look slow.

*Audie Cole JR OLB NC State: Love his athletic ability at linebacker, really can run in the open field, is all over the place. Seems very comfortable in open space, is a solid tackler and has a good thick build about him. Could be a really interesting ¾ OLB, a lot of teams might want his services.

*Mason Foster SR OLB Washington: One of the few Huskies that showed up, physically he really looks the part, big physical kid that runs well and gives great effort on the field. He should be one of the top outside linebackers selected in the up coming draft, very solid player in the 2nd or 3rd round.

*Edwin Baker SOPH RB Michigan State: Looks a lot better than last year, has really good open field speed, does not make many people miss but he is strong and can run hard between the tackles and make big plays if given the opportunity.

*Chris Hairston SR OT Clemson: Loved his athletic ability on the field, huge kid as an offensive tackle and he can really get down field and block well on screen plays. Needs to be better at the point of attack at times though and be more physical against bigger players but still with his athletic ability he has a lot of potential.

*Rex Burkhead SOPH RB Nebraska: One of the most improved players in the nation, almost does not even look like the same player. Has surprising speed in the open field and has very quick feet and clearly can run with power as well.

*DJ Woods JR WR Cincinnati: Love his potential as a slot receiver, very quick, tough, makes difficult catches and has sold hands as well.

*Ricky Henry SR OG Nebraska: Tasty guard, tough player, dirty but plays hard and is an offensive lineman any physical football team would love. Is not a huge guy but could be a solid prospect coming out.

*Quinton Richardson JR CB Washington: Love his size at corner, that is about it though, he can hit hard but I doubt he can be a corner in the NFL. Still has great potential to develop in the future and could be a fine free safety or could improve his skills at corner. His size and athletic ability is pretty rare as a defensive back.

*Reuben Johnson SOPH CB Cincinnati: Physical corner, played tough and aggressive football. I liked how he tackled and he will be one to watch as the season goes on.

*Omar Bolden JR CB Arizona State: Played very good against Wisconsin, showed great return ability and athletic ability on special teams. Also made some good aggressive tackles in the open field as well, he is developing nicely.

*Michael Dyer FR RB Auburn: Nice to see him produce a little, is not an amazing prospect but has a lot of potential and could develop nicely in time. Is one to watch that is for sure.

Disappointed
*Jake Locker SR QB Washington: Clearly disappointed, it was really bad for him, he looked stiff, not comfortable, did not throw the ball well and did not make any real big plays at all. Yes he misses his tight end that got kicked off the team, and misses any real legit big play receiver to even throw it too. But still fact is people love him because of his physical size and supposed athletic ability. However he has shown he cannot even make college receivers better, great quarterbacks in college do not always need great receivers, their quarterback abilities make the receivers around them great, or at least they should. Much less Locker has yet to win anything in his entire college career and really has never been really productive on the field in terms of winning big games. So yes this hurts him a lot and if he keeps up this poor play he will drop. Clearly Luck and Mallett are ahead of him at this point and really I would not want Locker as my future quarterback. His athletic ability that everyone loves screams David Carr #2. Because you take out his athletic ability and just look at his throwing arm, it is nothing special at all.

*Walter Stewart SOPH OLB Cincinnati: Really disappointed in the fact they have him as a down defensive end. Horrible position for him, he is better as a outside linebacker, he is not physical enough to be a defensive end and does not have the technique down at all. So really not so much disappointed in him as disappointed in how they are using such a tall and athletic linebacker.

Day One Pick Auburn's Josh Bynes is the best ILB in college football.
Really? Well either he had the game of his life, or he is just now reaching his potential now because as I said above this is the first time he even showed up when I watched Auburn play. Clearly if he keeps up this play that will help him because this up coming group of inside linebackers is pretty weak. One could also argue he is not physical enough to play inside linebacker though and only reason he had a great game is because half of the time he was not blocked and he went on a run blitz. Still easily one of the best games I have ever seen from a inside linebacker, wondering where this was the other times I saw them play. Very impressive game, hope he can keep up and that Auburn defense hopes as well because outside of him very few players made any real big plays.

BuddyCHRIST
09-20-2010, 11:20 PM

And works on his arm strength and decision making, but then again you could say the same thing about me as a QB prospect.

Ozzy
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Week 3B: Prospect standouts
Jamie Harper JR RB Clemson: Showed a lot of ability, has never really got much playing time but this year he is having a fine year. Showing outstanding athletic ability in the open field for a man his size, showing great hands catching the football and is a major weapon on offense. He is much improved of his past two seasons, great game last week.

Darvin Adams JR WR Auburn: Tall and skinny kid but showed good body control making difficult catches, is not a top flight prospect but is one to watch develop over the next two seasons, he has potential.

Jerry Franklin JR OLB Arkansas: Love his stout size at linebacker, he is pretty quick to the ball and seems to react well, not a great prospect at the moment but he did stand out to me at linebacker for the Hogs, he should have a good season.

Da’Quan Bowers JR DE Clemson: Finally has lived up to his potential, playing great football, playing good against the run and getting off his block. Nice to see that coming from supposedly the best player in the nation when he was coming out of high school. Nice to see him producing and dominating like he should on the field.

Ryan Mallett Arkansas TS JR: Had a late game drive to win the ball game, sure he has accuracy issues but how often does a quarterback like him come out. Huge kid, love his size, rocket arm, if he improves some of the little stuff there is not much to not like about him. However the negative would be is he another Byron Leftwitch, cannot get rid of the ball quick enough with that long motion? Still fine prospect and outplayed another top quarterback by far this past week.

Kyle Rudolph JR TE Notre Dame: He is by far the number one tight end prospect in the nation and will be the first tight end taken if he comes out for the draft. I am pretty sure everyone knows that is a given.

DeMarcus Love SR OT Arkansas: Somewhat impressed with his athletic ability, gets up and down the field well and is very quick for a man his size. However he struggles with power, if he is up against a stronger player that player will dominate him. He does a lot of tricks like pushing defenders by him on certain plays instead of just manning up and pan caking the defender. Still a decent looking prospect totally worth a later round selection.

D.J. Williams SR TE Arkansas: Pretty good tight end, clearly dislike his size though and lack of true blocking ability. But he can make plays as an H-back or a tight end and will find his way on a roster like a Chris Cooley type pass catching tight end. Not sure he is that elite however.

Ronnie Wingo Jr. SOPH RB Arkansas: Very impressed with his size, love him as a big back and showed some ability in that game. Does not get much playing time though or carries, along with Green, both are under used backs but both have pretty solid potential as a power running back. They just went to the wrong University, should have went to a running school.

Joe Adams JR WR Arkansas: Amazing make you miss ability after the catch, really quick in the open field and provides them with some very elite pass catchers in Childs, Williams and himself. Good player and should have a monster year for them this season.

Byran Jones FR DT Arkansas: Showed some potential and solid push as a tackle in the middle for the Hogs. Best thing yet is that is a freshman and can develop over the next few years.

Ozzy
09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Week 4A: Prospect Standouts
*Jabaal Sheard SR DE Pitt: Had a real dominating game against Miami, the only Pitt defender to show up really. Love his leverage that he uses, really long athletic pass rusher, can jackknife into the backfield and make things happen, really gets off the ball quickly. If he keeps playing this good he is a lock to be a 1st round pick.

*Brandon Harold JR DE Kansas State: Played really good football, is a athletic pass rusher, holds his block really well and is very consistent on the field, leads the nation in solo tackles for a defensive lineman. Very solid prospect and is one to keep an eye on.

*Akeem Ayers JR OLB UCLA: Obviously had a dominating game, really showed up and it is nice that he was such a part in such a big win for that program. Showed great athletic ability and playmaking ability and was the leader of a very solid Bruin defense against the Longhorns. Nice to see him living up to his hype.

*Steven Threet JR TS QB Arizona State: Liked him as a freshman on Michigan, now he is playing very well on Arizona State. Big tall kid, great size, and I love the touch he has on his passes. He would be a very solid backup prospect in the NFL and has a great chance at becoming that.

*Nick Fairley JR DT Auburn: Said him a few weeks back, just is consistent as can be, the best player on that defense and makes so many other players better. Just a great prospect and one could argue even as a junior, if he comes out he is one of the top 5 defensive tackles in the draft.

*Sean Spence JR OLB Miami FL: Noted him awhile back, showed up again in a big way against Pitt. So fast to the ball, hits hard and brings the ball carrier down, all over the field and he is really having a breakout year for the Canes.

*Chad Spann SR RB Northern Illinois: Not a great prospect but is one to watch, little guy but has good strength and is a tough little running, might have a long shot at making the league potentially if given time to develop.

*Jonas Mouton SR ILB Michigan: I liked how he played, has some very aggressive tackles and has been playing for awhile on Michigan. Has decent speed as a linebacker and is consistently around the football making plays.

*Devin Gardner FR QB Michigan: I love the way he throws the football, I really like the touch he puts on the ball and his release. Sadly in that system, he might not be able to use his strengths. That is clearly a run first system for quarterbacks and if you are a pass first quarterback like Gardner or Forcier for that matter, it just hurts you to be in that system. Just look at Threet and what he has done once he left Michigan. Still very solid prospect even though he did not play great, love his potential as a thrower.

*Brandon Washington SOPH OG Miami FL: I really like his size at guard, very big kid, moves people and should develop very nicely and become a decent guard prospect in the next few years.

*Daren Bates SOPH SS Auburn: Did not focus on him much, but layed one heck of a hit that really changed the game for Auburn, so obviously is a big time hitter, playing linebacker now but should move back to strong safety next season. And since he is young he has room to improve, and always love those physical hitters.

*Adewale Ojomo JR DE Miami FL: Showed some flashes in that game, got a lot of pressure on the quarterback against a decent offensive lineman. Has not showed up much but he played well and will be interesting to see his development as the year goes on.

*Adam Weber SR QB Minnesota: Yes he is on this list, not an amazing prospect and clearly his team is having an awful year. But I have been very impressed with his interviews after certain ball games and his overall persona and the leadership he shows on the field. Has played more football than any quarterback in college right now and is a three year captain as well. Is a class kid, smart kid and might be a shot as a 3rd string guy who is committed and has a good upbringing. Shows ability to adjust to new offenses as well and new coordinators and completely different play books. Last thing he needs to do is just improving his accuracy and ability to make NFL type throws.

Comment:
Ryan Mallett JR QB Arkansas: Yes the kid threw some big time interceptions, but still he was productive against a fine Alabama defense. Has things to work on clearly but it was not an awful game for him, still is a huge kid and such a rare prospect at the quarterback position, just needs to work on his ball control and not floating passes over the heads of receivers. He throws it so hard the ball does not go down, it goes straight over the head the receiver, that to me is very correctable if practiced.

Disappointed
Jon Baldwin JR WR Pitt: I was never one to say he was better than those big time junior receivers, and I am still in that same boat. Clearly the quarterback play, the assistance of having good solid tight ends and opposite targets helped him in years past. Now that he is the guy, he all of a sudden looks a lot less athletic and is clearly not that game changing. Still a solid receiver but should not be up there with Floyd, Jones, or Green just yet. He needs to start producing, no matter who is throwing him the ball, for being so fast supposedly, he sure had problems getting off coverage.

Seantrel Henderson FR OT Miami FL: Still same problem he had in high school, just not that athletic or powerful, at least he does not show it. Got a little time for Miami, looked a little pear like physically, very large base but not equal upper body. His footwork needs a lot of work and in itself is shows a lot that he is not starting, especially since he was considered the best offensive tackle in the land. Still has time to develop though and it is clearly early in his career.

Jermaine Johnson FR OT Miami FL: Had a far worse game than Henderson however, got just blow by a few times, just got completely beat off the edge. Huge man, big kid but has a long ways to go in pass protection.

Ozzy
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
To those that are keeping track, been a lot of talk about poor college performances, aka Mallett's interceptions etc... Just a little reminder about this past thread regarding McCluster and his fumble issues, turns out those are not really an issue at the next level and he is a big time playmaker so far in his career. So just some perspective on past opinions of a prospect, note this was posted in 08.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26288&highlight=dexter

Hollywood
09-27-2010, 12:55 AM
[b]

Seantrel Henderson FR OT Miami FL: Still same problem he had in high school, just not that athletic or powerful, at least he does not show it. Got a little time for Miami, looked a little pear like physically, very large base but not equal upper body. His footwork needs a lot of work and in itself is shows a lot that he is not starting, especially since he was considered the best offensive tackle in the land. Still has time to develop though and it is clearly early in his career.

Really? It absolutely shows nothing that he is not starting, he came from a Minnesota high school to Miami 2 months ago...it takes awhile for a normal human being to adjust to the humidity down here; much less one who is playing a sport like football. The few times he has played, he has been absolutely dominate and the footwork is fine. The man is a beast and will be a top 5 pick in 3 years.

Ozzy
09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Hollywood Really? It absolutely shows nothing that he is not starting, he came from a Minnesota high school to Miami 2 months ago...it takes awhile for a normal human being to adjust to the humidity down here; much less one who is playing a sport like football. The few times he has played, he has been absolutely dominate and the footwork is fine. The man is a beast and will be a top 5 pick in 3 years.
Shows nothing? Over my years of scouting players, more often than not if the player can play, he plays right away. Sure prospects can develop and some are slower than others. Anthony Davis played since he was a freshman and he had similar hype coming out of high school, same with Andre Smith at Alabama and both of those players dominated from freshman year on. They made huge impacts, and since Henderson came out of high school with similar hype I would assume he makes a similar impact.

Joel Figueroa is playing over him, and Joel is not even that good. They literally in that game, a game that was a blow out and they could get Henderson some snaps. They took Henderson out on one series after two downs because they must have not wanted him to block against Sheard in a pass rushing situation and get their quarterback killed. That is a clear sign they do not have confidence in him yet if they take him out of the series on third down.

Yes the kid has potential but to call him a lock top 5 pick is a little much. If he had that ability he would be playing right now and dominating. I say again, he does not engage when he is blocking, he waits for them to come to him, and what happens they just run around him. For being a former basketball player in high school he is also surprisingly not quick and does not have good foot work at this point.

Yes we will see what happens, but to say he is right on schedule considering the hype he had coming out, that is a little much. Yes might be a slow developer, but the players playing ahead of him are not that great, so that speaks volumes about his abilities currently.

But yeah sure, who in the world would not want a 6-8 330 freshman offensive lineman? Sadly his run blocking is extremely suspect and thus I put him at the level of his freshman teammate, Jermaine Johnson as just being a big kid that might be good. But right now the best part about him is his size and that is about it.

draftguru151
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Figueroa is starting over him because he's a senior and Seantrel doesn't know the whole playbook yet. Did you completly miss Seantrel crushing the right side down on Berry's first TD? He's barely played at this point and every review on him from camp and practice is how ridiculously athletic and strong he is. No true freshmen offensive lineman has started a game under Randy Shannon, the fact that they're putting him on goal line situations and getting him in at TE should say a lot more about his talents than the fact that he isn't starting 3 games into his freshman season.

Ozzy
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Week 4B: Prospect Standouts:

*Michael Mauti SOPH OLB Penn State: Love his intensity on the field, very fast outside backer, runs well and tackles very aggressively. Easily their most impressive linebacker and he shows great potential for the future. By far one of the best in his class.

*Muhammad Wilkerson JR DL Temple: I love this kids potential, huge man, big, large and even plays defensive end at times for Temple. Can get off blocks well, shows explosion as a pass rusher and can go down and play defensive tackle quite easily. He is a big time prospect no one talks about but come draft time he will be a possible star prospect.

*Mike Harris JR CB Florida State: I liked the ability he showed at corner, not great but they have not had a corner like him for awhile. Very solid footwork, is a good tackler in the open field and should develop very nicely for them this season.

*Kyle Wilber JR DE Wake Forest: What a star pass rusher, big tall kid who is very athletic. Can really get into the backfield and leads the nation in tackles for loss I believe. A big time ¾ OLB prospect, in the mold of a Terrell Suggs potentially down the road if he develops and improves. Is a prospect to keep and eye on.

*Tahir Whitehead JR OLB Temple: I like the athletic ability he showed at linebacker, very fast, very quick and on blitzes he got to the quarterback in no time. Like his potential as a speed linebacker and he had decent size as well.

*Greg Reid SOPH CB Florida State: I like his development, he was just a return guy basically last year, is a lot tougher on the football field now, out of this world potential and great quickness at corner. He should have a real good year for them, fine prosepct.

*Robert Bolden FR QB Penn State: Just loving his development, very promising young quarterback, not much to not like about him. Just all around a fine prospect and should be a star in the future.

*Winston Venable SR LB Boise State: Like his play making ability and his toughness. Hits hard, runs fast, is a good pass rusher and just is a tough football player. Should make a roster in the NFL, he is a very sound linebacker prospect as a inside backer or an outside backer.

*Darius Morris SR OT Temple: Very impressed with his footwork and toughness, good run blocker, moves well on the field and is another fine senior offensive tackle in the up coming draft, very decent looking prospect.

*Cyhl Quarles JR SS Wake Forest: I love his size at safety, built well, big kid and runs ok in the open field. Should develop nicely and is a improving tackler in the open field.

*Joey Ehrmann SOPH OLB Wake Forest: Decent prospect, shows play making ability, can rush the passer and tackle in space. Is playing defensive end currently but is a potential strong side linebacker, should develop well over the next few years.

*Bernard Pierce SOPH RB Temple: Not a star running back, is a product of that fine Temple system but he does have some ability. Very patient, not a big play threat really but is consistent, runs hard and has a little quickness to him plus having good size as well.

*Beau Reliford JR TE Florida State: I really liked his intensity on the field and his consistency as a blocker. Very good blocking tight end, big kid, very athletic and is clearly a consistent blocker. Will see how he develops over time for them.

*Kenny Okoro SOPH CB Wake Forest: Love his physical size at corner, very big and strong kid, still young and could develop nicely with playing corner and having potential to move back to free safety.

*Wayne Tribue JR OG Temple: Big guard, run blocks well, is a decent prospect and one to watch develop over the next few years.

*Alex Frye SR FS Wake Forest: Not a great prospect, but I like his ability to cover as a corner but he has safety size, gets his hands on a few balls in pass coverage, is a decent prospect but might be a little raw as a senior.

Disappointed:
Stephfon Green JR RB Penn State: Really disappointed in his development, looked like a star as a freshman now makes very few plays on the football field. Not a consistent big play threat and does not break any tackles at all. Really poor development out of him, he better get it turned around fast.

Jack Crawford JR DE Penn State: Not impressed with him at all, this supposedly fine defensive end is just average at best for Penn State. Does not make many plays and is a little over hyped this off season. Will see what he does from now on in the Big Ten.

Ozzy
09-27-2010, 10:49 AM
draftguru151 Figueroa is starting over him because he's a senior and Seantrel doesn't know the whole playbook yet. Did you completly miss Seantrel crushing the right side down on Berry's first TD? He's barely played at this point and every review on him from camp and practice is how ridiculously athletic and strong he is. No true freshmen offensive lineman has started a game under Randy Shannon, the fact that they're putting him on goal line situations and getting him in at TE should say a lot more about his talents than the fact that he isn't starting 3 games into his freshman season.
Well maybe that is it, Shannon does not believe in starting true freshman offensive tackles. Maybe, but still late in the game, when the game is over they did take him out on a passing down because they probably did not want Sheard to kill their quarterback, that just seems odd to me if he is indeed so talented, athletic and dominating.

As for the jumbo package, yes he can do that, just lean on the guy, you are heavier than him and he will move. I am more disappointed in his pass protection skills and overall technique.

I hope he is a fine player though, but at this point quicker development would be expected but yes maybe it is Shannon and he does not want him to start, maybe. But doesn't Shannon play freshman and or start freshman on defense? Didn't he start Marve at quarterback as a freshman or play Spence at linebacker as a freshman?

Will see what happens, hopefully I am wrong but this is going off of last season even. When I watched him in high school, and he did not even dominate. I am expecting a Shawn Andrews at Arkansas, bone crushing, throwing defenders around left and right type of performance in high school from such a prospect. That did not happen, so yes at this point those that are excited about him is basically because he is 6-8 and 330 with room to improve. Now it is up to him to improve or not.

I would have loved to see him go against Sheard though consistently, because Sheard totally killed Figueroa and anyone else that went against him. My bet is they did not want to hurt Henderson's confidence because he would have got destroyed potentially. Thus showing he still has a ways to go in development.

Xavier Sua-Filo and Jonathan Martin both played last year as freshman and both were much farther along and more sound at that age than Henderson is now. However if they are indeed not going to play Henderson much at all this year, they should have redshirted the kid in my opinion.

Ozzy
09-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Maybe it is just me but I would take Jabaal Sheard in a natural DE position in a 4/3 over Allen Bailey any day of the week.
http://www.yinzpitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Jabaal-Sheard-Pitt.jpeg

In that Pitt vs. Miami game Sheard was far more impressive than Bailey was.

He is just a more natural pass rusher and one can notice his long arms and how he uses them to get into the backfield. Bailey is stocky at 6-4 and has almost zero pass rush moves outside of bull rush and bull rush. If you want a defensive lineman to just get a push, Bailey can do that but getting full on to the quarterback all game long, he would have an issue in stamina and in variety of pass rush moves.

It is a little scary that he is so much like Gholston, workout warrior but in terms of on the field abilities, some what lacking. To Bailey's credit though he is bigger and potentially can play a DE in a 3/4 or a DT in a 4/3, so he has that going for him, something Gholston could clearly not do. But if they try to put him at OLB in a 3/4, watch out that could be a major mistake.

Allen Bailey
6-4 288
40 yard dash: 4.65
Vertical: 39

Vernon Gholston
6-3 260
40 yard dash: 4.65
Vertical: 35.5

keylime_5
09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
in college Gholston had like 14 sacks as a junior. I think his onfield lacking is only in the pros. Bailey isn't a sack machine, but I think he's making his presence felt on Miami's D-Line nonetheless. For instance, Cameron Heyward has yet to record a sack this year, but he's easily been one of the most dominant defensive linemen in college football this year so far. I think if Bailey goes to a 3-4 defense then his physical ability and technique can make him a great pro without being a major producer statistically.

SenorGato
09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Been making the Bailey-Gholston comparison for a while now...they're both guys who're going to come out of college as better athletes than football players.

I was wrong about Baldwin. He's good, but he's a 3rd-4th round WR prospect unless something drastic happens.

Nick Fairley might be/probably is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Heyward...that might be because I knock all OSU DL down a notch.

ToldLikeItIs
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Jeff Tarpinian Ozzy..

Babylon
09-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Mark Herzlich had a pick, i know he's been a little slow coming back but that is to be expected. If he's all the way back at draft time someone will get a stone cold steal.

Ozzy
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Week 5A: Prospect Standouts
*Ugo Chinasa SR DE Oklahoma State: Very impressed with his development from his sophomore year, still a little raw but has great size for a defensive end and is very quick off the edge. Made a lot of plays, got after the quarterback and is starting to show real potential on the field. He would be an outstanding 3rd or 4th round draft pick in the up coming draft and could play himself into a 2nd rounder potentially.

*Jeff Fuller JR WR Texas A&M: Love his ability, big thick kid, very strong, makes hard catches in traffic and is a good route runner. Do not sleep on this kid, he is one of the best receivers in the nation, very talented player.

*Terrence Frederick JR CB Texas A&M: Absolutely love his open field tackling ability as a corner, really stuck some tackles in the open field and that was really impressive. Will have to watch him over the next year and a half, he could be a good player.

*Justin Blackmon SOPH WR Oklahoma State: Had a huge game for Oklahoma State, did great as a slot receiver, and made plays after the catch as well. Has a little big of a Anquan Boldin build to him, very strong upper body and has nice hands, will see what he does the rest of this season.

*Von Miller SR OLB Texas A&M: Clearly a very hyped up player, getting a lot more attention blocking however and is not getting to the quarterback. Still not much to not like about him, he is tough at the point of the attack despite being undersized. He is quick off the edge, can get off bigger blockers, has good stamina, and is a consistent pass rushing threat every down. Is a lock to be a ¾ OLB in the NFL, and lucky for him this years crop is not that great so he will be picked high because of it.

*Christine Michael SOPH RB Texas A&M: Love his leg strength as a running back, very powerful kid and can break arm tackles around his legs easily. Like his toughness and ability to run between the tackles, he is a prospect and will have a shot at the next level, very talented player.

*Luke Joeckel FR OT Texas A&M: Got beat a few times but showed good potential as a freshman offensive lineman. Was very good run blocking and got fine push off the ball, is a prospect to watch develop that is for sure.

*Jerrod Johnson SR QB Texas A&M: Lost his team the game but also showed a lot of toughness and ability to come back after a poor throw. Made a lot of nice throws, clearly is a solid prospect but the turnovers will happen often because he uses his large frame and thinks he can make throws he can't make. Still a very solid prospect and is an outstanding pick as a project quarterback very talented player potentially if you let him develop and do not start him right away.

*Garrick Williams JR ILB Texas A&M: I like his toughness at inside linebacker, he made some plays, good tackler and has decent speed as well. Will see what he does the rest of this season, decent prospect.

*Nehemiah Hicks FR TE Texas A&M: Great looking freshman tight end, very athletic kid, built very well and even played some full back for them. Very solid prospect and he should develop into a start potentially down the road.

*Patrick Lewis SOPH OG Texas A&M: Not an outstanding guard but has good athletic ability and moves very well on the field. Got a few really nice blocks in the game and I like what he showed as a prospect.

*Eddie Brown Jr. JR DT Texas A&M: Did not play much but when he was in there he got good push and really stood up well against the run, could be a fine DT or a DE in a ¾ defense, should get a shot at one of those positions if he comes back his senior year and develops more stamina.

Ozzy
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Week 5B: Prospect Standouts
*Tony Jefferson FR CB Oklahoma: One of the best freshman corners I have seen in awhile, just an outstanding tackler, extremely productive and plays great from the slot and makes a ton of plays on the field. Just a top line prospect and is easily the best corner of his class so far.

*Quentin Davie SR OLB Northwestern: Liked him last year and he is much better this year, extremely athletic, active, makes plays all over the field, can cover the pass and tackle in space. A very good outside linebacker in a very deep outside linebacker class coming out for the draft.

*Trey Millard FR FB Oklahoma: Very impressive young full back, tough as a run blocker and can make plays with the ball in his hands, he is one to watch out for in the future, they have produced a few solid full backs over the years.

*Kheeston Randall JR DT Texas: Made a lot of plays from his defensive tackle position, very athletic player, can easily get in the backfield and he is a very sound prospect at that position. He has developed well over last season with far less defensive tackle around him on that defensive line.

*Dre Kirkpatrick SOPH CB Alabama: Showed he is a big time corner back, lovely game against Florida, made plays intercepting passes and made plays as a tackler as well. Not a big corner but tackles aggressively and is very fluid in coverage, he will be a star and is in a great sophomore class of corners.

*Spencer Paysinger SR OLB Oregon: Played great in coverage, always is around the ball, tackles well but the best part again is his coverage ability and athletic ability at linebacker. He has a shot at the next level just because of that ability to play in space.

*Tandon Doss JR WR Indiana: Impressed with his quickness and mobility at receiver, very fluid plays, moves easily on the field and can make big plays with the ball in the air and after the catch, pretty solid receiver prospect and that is a surprise coming out of Indiana.

*Dont'a Hightower Alabama: Ripped on the kid for a few bad games early, but seriously they know what they are doing at Bama, put him in more pass rush situations and not so much in coverage, he was a monster, blowing up blockers and getting after the quarterback, if he keeps being a pass rush outside linebacker his stock completely changes and sky rockets I bet.

*Jarvis Jones JR OT Oklahoma: I loved what I saw from him in terms of quick feet and athletic ability, did not play the entire game but is a big kid who seems to be a great athlete at tackle. Should develop over the next year and a half and could be a really good offensive tackle prospect next year.

*Damarlo Belcher JR WR Indiana: Big kid, but runs really well for his size, can get down the field and make plays, not an elite prospect but someone to keep an eye on, he has potential.

*Keenan Robinson JR OLB Texas: Very athletic linebacker, makes plays all over the field, is stronger than last year and I really like his quickness. Very good young player and if he comes back for another season he could be a fine linebacker prospect.

*Darius Willis SOPH RB Indiana: Not a super star but one to watch, makes plays and is a consistent pass catcher out of the backfield. Strong kid, good build and should have another fine season for the upstart Hoosiers.

*Rueben Randle SOPH WR LSU: Finally made some plays at receiver, strong kid, good athlete and if given a chance he could be a very solid receiver, just needs better quarterback play so he can get the football in his hands.

*Mossis Madu SR RB Oklahoma: Loved his versatility on the field, good catching passes out of the backfield, big play back and could be a 3rd down specialist, he is worth a shot at the next level. Good athlete with big play ability potentially.

*Ben Chappell SR QB Indiana: Not a star but is an accomplished quarterback, really stands in the pocket, not a good athlete but clearly has the arm to make a lot of throws, will see how he finishes out this season, he sure has turned Indiana into a passing football team that is successful and that alone is impressive.

Disappointed
*Will Hill JR FS Florida: For being so hyped and highly rated he kind of had a poor showing this past week. Did not make many plays and despite being so athletic he does not show up as much as his teammate Ahmad Black.

*John Chiles SR WR Texas: Disappointed he has not become a star yet at receiver, shows good quickness and ability but does not consistently get playing time and that hurts him. Plus that offense is nothing like a pro style offense and just is little fast guys getting screen passes. He is still a decent prospect but is not being all that productive this year.

Miaoww
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
No love for Hankerson?

BadHabitz
10-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Dre Kirkpatrick is around 6-3, so he is one of the largest corners in the nation.

I'm really liking the production out of true freshman receiver Kenny Stills, although I am unsure of just how physically talented he is.

Another player that stood out to me was Ross Homan, I feel he is underrated to the extent that Brian Rolle is overrated.

Ozzy
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Miaoww No love for Hankerson?Of course he had an outstanding game, already brought him up a few different times in earlier weeks. With his productive, he is easily becoming the best senior receiver in the nation. And is arguably a top 5 receiver prospect in the up coming draft, even with those great junior receivers who are sure to come out early.

BadHabitz Dre Kirkpatrick is around 6-3, so he is one of the largest corners in the nation.

I'm really liking the production out of true freshman receiver Kenny Stills, although I am unsure of just how physically talented he is.

Another player that stood out to me was Ross Homan, I feel he is underrated to the extent that Brian Rolle is overrated.Dre Kirkpatrick is skinny, so when I say small I should have said skinny. His height I am sure makes him look skinnier though, I am surprised to hear the 6-3, he does not look that big on the field, like wow this corner is a giant. Still great prospect regardless of his lack in weight, sure he will add muscle over the next year or so.

Stills I liked in that game, still need to see more out of him but yes if he is a freshman he is very developed already. Nice to have Miller and Broyles to take coverage away from you however.

I doubt anyone underrates Homan, he has been around forever and has always been productive. Rolle I love his explosiveness and power at linebacker, plus his speed and ability to get off blocks, if he is overrated that is good because at times no one really talks about the kid especially last season.

Sniper
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Tony Jefferson is a corner now? I remember him being recruited as S/OLB. How times change.

Babylon
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Want to mention Mason Foster for the Huskies, he's got decent size at around 6-2 240 and runs in the 4.6 range. I like Mason better than Donald Butler who played here, i think his game is more fluid and he's better in coverage than Donald was.

Hurricanes25
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Want to mention Mason Foster for the Huskies, he's got decent size at around 6-2 240 and runs in the 4.6 range. I like Mason better than Donald Butler who played here, i think his game is more fluid and he's better in coverage than Donald was.

I love Mason Foster. IMo, he's one of the most underrated players in the country. I think he's going to make 4-3 team very happy at the next level.

ToldLikeItIs
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I know you watched that Iowa/Penn State game Ozzy.

KirkPatrick is more like 6'1 1/2 fwiw, but he's good.

Ozzy
10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Week 6A: Prospect Standouts
*Lavonte David JR ILB Nebraska: Outstanding game for him, made plays all over the field, amazing speed at linebacker and yes he is small but so was Ernie Sims. Very solid prospect and had a flat out sick game against Kansas State.

*Nick Moody SOPH SS Florida State: A very promising safety prospect, has great size and can run in the open field. Decent tackler and his potential is through the roof. Will be interesting to see how he develops, has far more skills and speed than Florida State's past large safety prospect in Myron Rolle.

*Drake Nevis SR DT LSU: What a performance, dominated a very solid Florida offensive line, made them look awful at times. Got int the backfield easily, showed great strength and quickness, has really improved over last season, if he keeps up that level of play he will be a 1st round pick potentially.

*Markus White SR DE Florida State: Much improved senior defensive end, has been around for awhile but is now starting to show some real consistent pass rushing ability. Gets good pressure and should be a solid later round prospect at defensive end.

*Matt Kalil SOPH OT USC: An elite offensive tackle prospect, playing great football, is a good athlete, rarely lets defenders get by him and he is very consistent on the field. Could develop into a top flight offensive tackle in time.

*Terrance Toliver SR WR LSU: Real breakout game for him, showed his consistent hands and solid route running ability. Made huge plays for the Tigers late in the game and people will remember that, great performance by him.

*Mike Harris JR CB Florida State: Showed again why he is an elite corner prospect, played great football, tackled well in the open field and is very solid in coverage. He is quickly becoming one of the better corners in a very talented junior class.

*Keith Williams SR OG Nebraska: Dominating game for him against Kansas State, even though it was against some smaller defensive lineman he physically crushed them. Showed great power run blocking and very good athletic ability as a blocker, if he keeps this up he will be one of the top guards taken in the draft.

*Jacobbi McDaniel SOPH DT Florida State: Really liked how he is built low to the ground, is hard to block and gives consistent effort, he could be a very promising defensive tackle prospect in a few years. Short and powerful prospect.

*Jah Reid SR OT Central Florida: Showed good athletic ability for his size at tackle, is in a long line of solid senior offensive line prospects that have good potential for the future.

*Trey Burton FR WR Florida: Very consistent freshman, hard not to be impressed with what he has done, gives good effort on the field, is smart and is clearly a tough kid. Could be a very good receiver prospect by the end of his career with his toughness and his intelligence.

*Brandon Jenkins SOPH DE Florida State: Very promising defensive end, gives good pressure off the edge, has good quickness and athletic ability, could develop into a star over the next few seasons.

*Jeffrey Godfrey FR QB Central Florida: Very athletic young player, has good speed and can get away from people, plus has a decent arm, is one to watch develop down the road.

*Bruce Miller SR DE Central Florida: Gives good effort off the edge, could be a down defensive end or a potential ¾ pass rusher, is a solid prospect and will be given a shot most likely.

*Lonnie Pryor SOPH FB Florida State: Showed great potential and ability to do multiple things at full back, good athlete, can get down the field and block plus carry the ball, is a solid looking prospect at this point.

*Darin Baldwin SR CB Central Florida: Made plays all over the field, very aggressive tackler, does not have great speed but he consistently made plays and was around the football. He is one to watch as the year goes on.

*Deangelo Peterson JR TE LSU: Good athletic tight end, can stretch the field and make plays in the passing game, is not a great blocker though and that will hurt him if he does not improve it.

Disappointed
*Janoris Jenkins JR CB Florida: Disappointed, gave up a lot of big plays in the passing game, got out muscled by stronger receivers and it showed. Took a step back physically from how he was performing before against weaker competition. He must improve his toughness and aggressiveness if he wants to be an elite corner.

*Ray Ray Armstrong Miami FL: His tackling was not very meaningful, he got players down but not in an impressive way. Did not make very many big plays and despite being tall he does not really seem to back any power with his hits on a consistent basis.

*Michael Morgan SR OLB USC: His development is really disappointing, he can play in the open field and run but he is not as good as he should be, still a fine athlete but if he has not developed in college why would he later?

*Daniel Thomas SR RB Kansas State: Still a top level running back prospect, but did not show great ability to break tackles against Nebraska, went down easily and did not show much power. He caught the ball out of the backfield though and was their only real weapon but still did not show game breaking ability.

*Malcolm Smith SR OLB USC: Probably even worse than Morgan at linebacker, really does not do much, will get a big hit at times but is not consistent tackling and does not make many plays on the field that impact the game.

bruschis4all
10-13-2010, 11:19 AM
In case anyone missed it and is wondering how So. Carolina beat Bama. One. It wasn't a fluke. The Cocks heralded recruits came thru. QB Garcia had the game of his career. Alshon Jeffrey - WR was spectacular. Looks like a Top 5 pick in 2012 if he comes out. M.Lattimore - RB continues to impress too. So far, best freshman in the country IMO.

Ozzy
10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
bruschis4all In case anyone missed it and is wondering how So. Carolina beat Bama. One. It wasn't a fluke. The Cocks heralded recruits came thru. QB Garcia had the game of his career. Alshon Jeffrey - WR was spectacular. Looks like a Top 5 pick in 2012 if he comes out. M.Lattimore - RB continues to impress too. So far, best freshman in the country IMO.
Don't worry, no one missed it. And as for South Carolina winning, just like coach Spurrier said, they were only 7 point underdogs, so it is not that hard to believe, everyone knows this is Spurrier's best team since he has been at South Carolina. Great win for him and the program, but the fact that Alabama did not run the ball even though at times they were only down a touchdown was a lot of the reason why they lost, they are not a come from behind passing football team. Great win though, and yeah Alshon looks like he could be a top pick whenever he comes out, same with Lattimore.

Punisher
10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
No mention for USC freshamn Robert Woods? I think he had about 200 something yards receiving on 12 catches, with 3 tds!

ThePudge
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
*Nick Moody SOPH SS Florida State: A very promising safety prospect, has great size and can run in the open field. Decent tackler and his potential is through the roof. Will be interesting to see how he develops, has far more skills and speed than Florida State's past large safety prospect in Myron Rolle.

Moody's much faster than Rolle. I was high school classmates with him and we talk a few times a month (I'll get his opinion on teammates & opponents.) He's draft eligible, a RS Sophomore. He's a big Safety at roughly 6'2 220, will run between 4.45-4.55, and really is a pretty smart kid. Never been one to make too many big plays in coverage, but he's got talent and he can really throw his body around. He may be one of the hardest hitting Safeties in college football. His ceiling is high but his floor may be low as his playmaking ability in coverage is suspect & he's a bit injury prone.

Keep an eye on him. From the same high school class, Minnesota NT Jehwan Edwards (Jr.) is a 6'2 330 player who is surprisingly explosive & athletic. Not sure how disciplined he's been playing and he isn't the best tracking the ball, but he (like Moody) has a lot of physical ability & may have a spot in the league.

terribletowel39
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I've been on Drake Nevis all year. He is been playing awesome for the Tigers. You are right, he really blew up the FL line. Can make an NFL team happy as a pass rushing DT. Big man with a quick first step.

BuddyCHRIST
10-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Moody is a vicious hitter and makes a huge impact on FSU's defense. We look much better with him back there. He is actually almost 230 and there was alot of talk that he might end up at LB. He'll stay at S for us but he also could project to LB in the pro's. Look out for everyone in FSU's secondary though, all young with lots of talent.

ToldLikeItIs
10-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm not a big Nebraska fan, but Lavonte David might be the fastest LB I've seen on tape in awhile. He can't weigh more than 215.

Ozzy
10-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Keep an eye on him. From the same high school class, Minnesota NT Jehwan Edwards (Jr.) is a 6'2 330 player who is surprisingly explosive & athletic. Not sure how disciplined he's been playing and he isn't the best tracking the ball, but he (like Moody) has a lot of physical ability & may have a spot in the league.He is a decent prospect, but the best thing about him is that he is built low to the ground and carries a lot of weight. Still is a project though and has not been all that dominating this year and has not made a ton of plays, needs to work on being an explosive 330 not just a big guy that sits in the middle taking up space.

hockey619
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Bogan #81 WR for USF

dude showed some nice hands and kept spinning of tackles and getting yards looked pretty good, couldnt see speed or much though because of a lot of short throws but looked pretty big too.

Ozzy
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Week 7A: Prospect Standouts
*Donnie Fletcher JR CB Boston College: Amazing game for him against Florida State, showed outstanding tackling ability in the open field, really covered a lot of ground and made a lot of plays. Has great quickness and strength at corner, liked him as a young player and he is developing into a star, could argue he could be a top 5 corner selected in the up coming draft if he comes out early.

*Bilal Powell SR RB Louisville: Real standout performance by him, never really noticed him before this game. Big play back, big time speed in the open field and has a great combination of quickness and power. If he keeps up his production and continues to show that big play ability he is easily one of the best senior running backs in the nation.

*JJ Watt RS JR DE Wisconsin: Big time player, liked him a lot last season and he is even better this year. Huge kid, great size, can really get after the quarterback and makes plays all over the field. If he wants to come out early I bet he would be a 1st or 2nd round pick potentially and could be ranked as one of the top five defensive ends in the up coming draft. Really elite talent who is playing great football.

*Jim Noel SOPH FS Boston College: Amazing game against Florida State, covered a lot of ground at safety, moved really well in coverage and made plays in pass coverage and tackling, big tall kid at 6-4 and he is one to watch develop in that fine Boston College defensive system.

*Sam Acho SR DE Texas: Actually stood out to me for once, dominated that game against Nebraska and was one of the main reasons why that defense played so well. Showed great athletic ability off the edge and was extremely difficult to block, very good game for him.

*Xavier Rhodes FR CB Florida State: Another elite Florida State defensive back, great player, shows really good ball skills, has good size and should develop into a fine football player. Good to see the Noles back with a dominating defense.

*Gerald Rivers SOPH DE Ole Miss: Young kid but good aggressive pass rusher, has very good power coming up out of his stance, can get after the quarterback and has a lot of upside as a prospect, should develop into a fine player.

*Cameron Graham SR TE Louisville: Have not seen much of him before but he looked pretty solid in their game, decent athlete, made a lot of clutch catches for the Cardinals and has a shot at being drafted late as a pass catching tight end, decent prospect.

*Kevin Pierre-Louis FR OLB Boston College: Another elite linebacker for Boston College, love his size and his speed at linebacker. Big time player potentially, can really run and tackles well in space, should develop into a star.

*Chris Matthews JR WR Kentucky: Having a great season for Kentucky, huge big receiver that will get a good shot at the next level. A lot of big receivers out their but Matthews has good speed in the open field and quickness, he is not just a big receiver he can make big plays after the catch.

*Melvin Harris SOPH WR Ole Miss: A pretty decent looking prospect, very skinny but is a big tall kid at supposedly 6-7, I like what little I saw of him and he is one to watch develop, I like how he competed for the ball and showed a little competitiveness.

*Rodney Smith SOPH WR Florida State: Another big tall kid at receiver, really good athlete, can really get down field with his speed and he has big time potential. Should improve greatly as the year goes on and he has the ability to work his way into being a top notch receiver.

*Mike Hartline SR QB Kentucky: A few people talk about him, and hard to argue with how he played against South Carolina. Big kid, has a decent arm and he makes plays, best part is that he is competitive, handles tough situations and would be a fine backup quarterback in the league. He will get his shot most likely because he is above many second tear senior quarterbacks in the up coming draft if terms of skill and potential because of his height and toughness.

*Brandon Jenkins SOPH DE Florida State: Talked about him last year, second look even better than I thought. Absolutely elite pass rusher, amazing quickness and made some good offensive lineman on Boston College look silly. Great prospect and is a potential superstar.

*William Gholston FR DE Michigan State: Love his size obviously at defensive end, he made a few plays in limited action but he has potential to be a great player. Got decent pressure from the edge just needs to work on his quickness and ability to get off blocks.

*Aaron Dobson SOPH WR Marshall: Showed good potential at receiver, he is a big tall kid, has surprising speed in the open field, can make big plays and has soft hands. He is a receiver to watch develop over the next few years, he looks good so far from what he has shown.

Disappointed:
Anthony Castonzo SR OT Boston College: Got beat a lot against Jenkins on Florida State, did not handle the speed rush well and did not dominate the way a top level offensive tackle should. Still a decent prospect but no way is he an elite player in terms of being a top 20 selection. He had potential but still is not a elite offensive tackle just yet.

Jared Crick JR DT Nebraska: Extremely disappointed with him, without Suh he is just not the same player. Does not get into the backfield very often, still has good effort but does not dominate the line of scrimmage like Nebraska needs him too. Just not as impressive as last year and it shows.

Christian Ponder SR QB Florida State: Did not play well against Boston College, that great defense made him look really bad a lot of the time. Did not throw good passes at times and threw a lot of interceptions. Still will be a good second tear quarterback because there are few players better behind him but still not a good performance, he is not the reason for the Noles come back this season, that is for sure.

BuddyCHRIST
10-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Ponder is just making poor decisions this year, he locks on to his number 1 receiver way more than he did last year. He also tries to throw across the far side of the field too much. He's been injured but he just hasn't been playing well. Looking more like a 3rd-5th guy right now, but he'll probably rise back up (for better or worse) in the offseason with workouts and interviews.

But FSU's defense is loaded with NFL talent, Greg Reid is the most talked about and he has the least pro potential of anyone in the secondary. Terrence Parks the other big safety (6'2" 220) was awesome against BC, use to play corner so he is great in coverage and has the size to play the run. Jenkins is going to be an All American by the time his career is done, he dominated yesterday and made Castonzo look silly, which is what he's been doing all year. And Xavier Rhodes is a freak, 6'1" 210 natural corner with superb hips and instincts.

Babylon
10-17-2010, 06:02 PM
J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin. looked like very good from what i saw of him against Ohio St. Hard to say if he came out what kind of leap up the boards he could make.

Jaquizz Rodgers RB, Oregon st. really impressed with this guy even with his diminutive size.

Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska. Going with Ozzy on this one as he's looked shall we say not Suh-like. First off i think he'd be better off on the end, he pursues well and you can see the talk of a 3-4 DE being spot on but he's probably dropping to the second round as of late.

ThePudge
10-17-2010, 06:17 PM
DT Baker Steinkuhler may be the best NFL prospect on that Nebraska defense. Prince Amukamara has the look of a Top 15-20 pick but the sky is the limit for Steinkuhler who looks to be a better fit for the NFL 5-Tech than former Cornhusker Adam Carriker. I can't wait until the guy is in the Big Ten next season and I can watch him in 6-8 games. I think he's close to the Cameron Heyward level as a prospect.

I'll be breaking down Nebraska-Texas when I get back home from Chicago. Yesterday I watched FSU-BC (2nd Half), MSU-ILL, MTU-GT, ARK-AUB, and parts of OSU-WISC & WASH-ORSU... For my little snapshot observations check out the twitter, I tweeted my balls off yesterday.

dannyz
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
DT Baker Steinkuhler may be the best NFL prospect on that Nebraska defense. Prince Amukamara has the look of a Top 15-20 pick but the sky is the limit for Steinkuhler who looks to be a better fit for the NFL 5-Tech than former Cornhusker Adam Carriker. I can't wait until the guy is in the Big Ten next season and I can watch him in 6-8 games. I think he's close to the Cameron Heyward level as a prospect.

I'll be breaking down Nebraska-Texas when I get back home from Chicago. Yesterday I watched FSU-BC (2nd Half), MSU-ILL, MTU-GT, ARK-AUB, and parts of OSU-WISC & WASH-ORSU... For my little snapshot observations check out the twitter, I tweeted my balls off yesterday.

You better get that checked out. :)

ToldLikeItIs
10-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Steinkuhler? Ridiculous Pudge.

bruschis4all
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Steinkuhler? Ridiculous Pudge.

Maybe if he gets his dad's pharmacist.

Gunshinestate
10-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Ryan Hill Miami CB vs Duke
1 interception
10 tackles

Kids been besting this year..........SLEEEEEPER!!!

Ozzy
10-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Week 7B: Prospect Standouts
*Jordan Hicks FR OLB Texas: Showed big time speed at linebacker, great quickness in the open field, can really run and should be an absolute star on Texas in a few years.

*James White FR RB Wisconsin: Very good looking running back, great quickness and can make fast cuts in the open field and in the box. Is built well, runs hard and should be a fine running back prospect once he gets more experience.

*Peter Konz SOPH C Wisconsin: Huge young center, very big kid, moves well, is clearly a good run blocker and should develop into a fine center over the next few seasons, very solid prospect.

*Tyler Hoover SOPH DE Michigan State: Big tall kid, very good size and good build, needs to be more consistent on the field but he makes plays from time to time when he is in there. Should develop into a very good defensive end when his career is over.

*Taylor Wyndham SOPH DE Kentucky: Love his intensity off the edge, very aggressive pass rusher, athletic, can get after the quarterback and make big plays. Will be one to watch as this SEC season roles on, big time hitter as well which any defensive coordinator loves.

*TJ Moe SOPH WR Missouri: I like how he is built as a receiver, very strong kid, good potential slot receiver with decent open field quickness. His strength and toughness will be a reason why he has a chance at the next level however.

*Alameda Ta'amu JR NT Washington: Huge kid, love his potential but he is pretty slow and not all that explosive. However many ¾ defensive teams would want his services but at this time he is no way near a BJ Raji or Vince Wilfork type of talent, he has to improve greatly to even come close to them.

*Kheeston Randall JR DT Texas: Talked about him last week, great defensive tackle that gets consistent pressure into the backfield. One could argue if he came out for the draft right now he would be a top 5 defensive tackle. Great talent, he is a prospect with a lot of ability.

*Blake Sorensen SR OLB Wisconsin: Not a super prospect but I really like his energy and how he plays in space, has decent speed, has developed slowly but plays well in space and might get a slight chance at the league as an undrafted prospect.

adschofield
10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
*Kevin Pierre-Louis FR OLB Boston College: Another elite linebacker for Boston College, love his size and his speed at linebacker. Big time player potentially, can really run and tackles well in space, should develop into a star.

KPL is a beast. I lived on the same floor as him last semester. One thing to note: While he's extremely jacked, he's not a tall guy by any means. He's 6'0 at the most.

TACKLE
10-20-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure people realize how great Da'Quan Bowers has been lately. I wasn't real high on him coming into the season because of his lack of production but he has been playing out of his mind the past few weeks. In the past four weeks (Auburn, Miami, UNC, Maryland), he's had 6.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL's. If he can test as well as some predict, with the uncertainty regarding Robert Quinn, I could see Bowers emerging as the #1 DE.

Ozzy
10-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure people realize how great Da'Quan Bowers has been lately. I wasn't real high on him coming into the season because of his lack of production but he has been playing out of his mind the past few weeks. In the past four weeks (Auburn, Miami, UNC, Maryland), he's had 6.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL's. If he can test as well as some predict, with the uncertainty regarding Robert Quinn, I could see Bowers emerging as the #1 DE.I totally agree, especially with Quinn not seeing action, but a guy like Clayborn has been consistent and dominating for a long time. But yeah for sure if he keeps this up, but he was a total dog in his first two years at Clemson.

Could also argue JJ Wyatt is absolutely ripping it up at defensive end. All these guys are bigger defensive ends though, all around 280 or 290 and 6-4 to 6-6.

Only real athletic pass rusher playing at an elite level are guys like Jabaal Sheard and Ryan Kerrigan. It is weird with Quinn and Romeus out though, because hard to rank them when those two are not playing currently.

Hard to have Bowers over Clayborn though but it all depends on what team needs what type of player. But yes again I agree Bowers is playing great football.

ToldLikeItIs
10-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Ozzy, I haven't seen a Hawkeye listed in your standouts for a few weeks now, that's disheartening.

Clayborn is unique because he's such a problem to run on. He stacks, sheds, pursues, and tackles like Chris Long used to.

Ozzy
10-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Ozzy, I haven't seen a Hawkeye listed in your standouts for a few weeks now, that's disheartening.

Clayborn is unique because he's such a problem to run on. He stacks, sheds, pursues, and tackles like Chris Long used to.
That is because they are a very similar roster to last season. So there is not that many new and different prospects to talk about outside of the ones that showed up last year. Does not mean they are not relevant, just means they are not new or different in my mind.

Adam Robinson was moderately impressive versus Michigan, surprisingly good quickness and had decent bulk to him. Tyler Sash had a great game, he is a big time athlete and a great playmaker. He has the potential to be the best junior strong safety in the country. Will see how the rest of the season goes.

Julian Vandervelde I am pretty impressed with, did not like him much last year but this year he is playing really well at times. It might just be me but seems like Binns is not getting much playing time. Wish he was in more or at least made more plays. They are a very deep defensive line though, not sure they are as game changing this year however. I like the linebackers Johnson and Hunter but wish they had another year or two under them to develop.

Why isn't Wegher getting any carries, they redshirt him I hope?

But yeah they are fine, just not that many new fresh faces on the roster this year. Still doesn't mean they are not good prospects.

Hurricanes25
10-20-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure people realize how great Da'Quan Bowers has been lately. I wasn't real high on him coming into the season because of his lack of production but he has been playing out of his mind the past few weeks. In the past four weeks (Auburn, Miami, UNC, Maryland), he's had 6.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL's. If he can test as well as some predict, with the uncertainty regarding Robert Quinn, I could see Bowers emerging as the #1 DE.

Agreed. Bowers lives in the opponents backfield. And with Quinn not playing this year, I could absolutely see Bowers becoming the #1 DE.

Sniper
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Why isn't Wegher getting any carries, they redshirt him I hope?

Because he ***** bitches and has to get them money.

ToldLikeItIs
10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Wegher isn't a member of the team right now, but he's on scholarship.

He should be back next year, I'll give it 60/40.

ToldLikeItIs
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the explanations. What are your thoughts on DJK Ozzy? Vandervelde has played very well this year, as has Markus Zusevics, you might want to watch him against Wisconsin, he's the RT.

A new face to be taken into consideration is Tyler Nielsen.

He has 28 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 PBU in 6 games this year. He's 6'4 240 and plays WLB.

Ozzy
10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the explanations. What are your thoughts on DJK Ozzy? Vandervelde has played very well this year, as has Markus Zusevics, you might want to watch him against Wisconsin, he's the RT.

A new face to be taken into consideration is Tyler Nielsen.

He has 28 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 PBU in 6 games this year. He's 6'4 240 and plays WLB.Yeah I like Nielsen a lot, he is arguably their most talented linebacker on the roster.

As for Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, he is a decent player, but nothing great and if the top level juniors come out, one could argue there are easily 20 or more receivers better than him in the up coming draft.

ToldLikeItIs
10-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I think you're very wrong about DJK. He'll test well, he's been consistently productive, and he's one of the best route runners in this class. He's a true technician of the position.

Ozzy
10-21-2010, 06:32 AM
ToldLikeItIs I think you're very wrong about DJK. He'll test well, he's been consistently productive, and he's one of the best route runners in this class. He's a true technician of the position.

Possible, however at this moment I find it hard to put him ahead of any of these receivers. Especially being anywhere near the top 15 of this list.

Michael Floyd Notre Dame JR
AJ Green Georgia JR
Julio Jones Alabama JR
Ryan Broyles Oklahoma RS JR
Leonard Hankerson Miami FL
Randall Cobb Kentucky JR
Ronald Johnson USC
Jeff Fuller Texas A&M JR
Terrance Toliver LSU
Jonathan Baldwin Pitt JR
DeVier Posey Ohio State JR
Keith Smith Purdue
Titus Young Boise State
James Rodgers Oregon State
Chris Matthews Kentucky
Autsin Pettis Boise State
Greg Little UNC
Jeremy Kerley TCU
Jock Sanders West Virginia
Jerrel Jernigan Troy
Davis Ausberry USC
Ryan Whalen Stanford
Armon Binns Cincinnati
Niles Paul Nebraska
Jonathan Wilson Kansas
Owen Spencer NC State
David Gilreath Wisconsin
Mark Dell Michigan State

ThePudge
10-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Possible, however at this moment I find it hard to put him ahead of any of these receivers. Especially being anywhere near the top 15 of this list.

Michael Floyd Notre Dame JR
AJ Green Georgia JR
Julio Jones Alabama JR
Ryan Broyles Oklahoma RS JR
Leonard Hankerson Miami FL
Randall Cobb Kentucky JR
Ronald Johnson USC
Jeff Fuller Texas A&M JR
Terrance Toliver LSU
Jonathan Baldwin Pitt JR
Keith Smith Purdue
Titus Young Boise State
Chris Matthews Kentucky
Greg Little UNC
Jeremy Kerley TCU
Jerrel Jernigan Troy
Davis Ausberry USC
Ryan Whalen Stanford
Armon Binns Cincinnati
Niles Paul Nebraska
Jonathan Wilson Kansas
Owen Spencer NC State
David Gilreath Wisconsin
Mark Dell Michigan State

I'd say DJK is definitely in the Top 15 in that list. Good size, speed, and polish with experience/production against top competition. He's a very good route-runner & isn't just a possession receiver. Let's not discount the fact that he's got plenty experience returning kicks. He's a potential #2-#3 receiver in the NFL and could go as high as the 2nd Round.

His last four games have been stellar (with 19 rec 335 yds 17.6 avg 7 Td.) He's made a play over 30 yards in each of those four games, so he's winning matchups downfield & in the red-zone. Still an underrated prospect.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Keith Smith Purdue
Titus Young Boise State
Chris Matthews Kentucky
Greg Little UNC
Jeremy Kerley TCU
Jerrel Jernigan Troy
Davis Ausberry USC
Ryan Whalen Stanford
Armon Binns Cincinnati
Niles Paul Nebraska
Jonathan Wilson Kansas
Owen Spencer NC State
David Gilreath Wisconsin
Mark Dell Michigan State

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/527873/80462491.jpg

Ozzy
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
ThePudge I'd say DJK is definitely in the Top 15 in that list. Good size, speed, and polish with experience/production against top competition. He's a very good route-runner & isn't just a possession receiver. Let's not discount the fact that he's got plenty experience returning kicks. He's a potential #2-#3 receiver in the NFL and could go as high as the 2nd Round.

His last four games have been stellar (with 19 rec 335 yds 17.6 avg 7 Td.) He's made a play over 30 yards in each of those four games, so he's winning matchups downfield & in the red-zone. Still an underrated prospect.
Yeah guess I am just not a huge fan of him in terms of being an elite talent at the next level. At this moment I do not consider him a kick return man or punt return man what so ever.

Players like Jerrel Jernigan, Niles Paul, Jeremy Kerley and Jock Sanders and have far more potential and big play ability in that regard I feel.

Think we can all agree he is no where close to elite at this moment. Will see how the rest of the season turns out. I think a lot of his success has to do with Stanzi being a fine quarterback and not so much him being a great receiver.

But who knows, still a decent prospect just not elite in my mind at all. But if Blair White finds a roster spot in the league, yeah Johnson-Koulianos probably will as well, especially since receivers getting drafted happens a lot more often now a days since thirty or so receivers get drafted every year. So yeah he is totally on the radar at the moment, just not sure he is going to dominate in the NFL or be an elite level talent.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Players like Jerrel Jernigan, Niles Paul, Jeremy Kerley and Jock Sanders and have far more potential and big play ability in that regard I feel.

DJK- 16.16 ypc, 7 touchdowns, 9 plays of 15+, 4 plays of 25+.
J. Sanders- 8.81 ypc, 2 touchdowns, 8 plays of 15+, 3 plays of 25+.
J. Jernigan- 12.22 ypc, 4 touchdowns, 7 plays of 15+, 5 plays of 25+.
N. Paul- 13.35 ypc, 1 touchdown, 8 plays of 15+, 2 play of 25+.
J. Kerley- 9.36 ypc, 5 touchdowns, 7 plays of 15+, 3 plays of 25+.

DJK almost doubles Sanders and Kerley in ypc.

In this group, he's...

No. 1 in ypc
No. 1 in touchdowns
No. 1 in plays of 15+
No. 2 in plays of 25+

Research, son. Do some. That's just being lazy.

Ozzy
10-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Sniper DJK- 16.16 ypc, 7 touchdowns, 9 plays of 15+, 4 plays of 25+.
J. Sanders- 8.81 ypc, 2 touchdowns, 8 plays of 15+, 3 plays of 25+.
J. Jernigan- 12.22 ypc, 4 touchdowns, 7 plays of 15+, 5 plays of 25+.
N. Paul- 13.35 ypc, 1 touchdown, 8 plays of 15+, 2 play of 25+.
J. Kerley- 9.36 ypc, 5 touchdowns, 7 plays of 15+, 3 plays of 25+.

DJK almost doubles Sanders and Kerley in ypc.

In this group, he's...

No. 1 in ypc
No. 1 in touchdowns
No. 1 in plays of 15+
No. 2 in plays of 25+

Research, son. Do some. That's just being lazy.Key word here in that out of context statement is the word regard, REGARDING punt and kick off return ability which I talked about in the comment before that statement you are referring to.

That is great "son" that you like statistics, good for you. Too bad those statistics do not deal with kick off or punt return ability, which was the subject I was speak of.

Nonetheless if Geno Smith is the best combined quarterback throwing to any of those receivers you named that is pretty said. It is dead obvious that Stanzi is by far the best quarterback any of those receivers have and I say again I think he makes Johnson-Koulianos look good, not the other way around.

Oh my bad, I forgot Taylor Martinez has a John Elway arm right....

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
He's a true freshman who's already is now starting at RT but look out for Morgan Moses at UVA. He's only a Frosh but at 6-7" 350 he actually has to lose some weight instead of most young O-lineman who need to put on 15-20 pounds. He's a massive human being but shows incredible footwork for his size. Wouldn't shock me to see him become a top 10 pick down the road, but that's obviously a long time from now. Still unsure if he should be a guard or tackle but he's actually looking very good at RT and if he cuts 10-15 pounds over the course of his career he can be a legit dominant RT prospect who can kick into guard. I'm actually really glad he went to UVA instead of Bama, Florida, and all the other teams recruting him. I think he's really learning a solid base and will be able to grow and learn through mistakes instead of at those big schools where he would be expected to contribute right away and where people will label you a bust if you struggle early.

Ozzy
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
SeanTaylorRIP He's a true freshman who's already is now starting at RT but look out for Morgan Moses at UVA. He's only a Frosh but at 6-7" 350 he actually has to lose some weight instead of most young O-lineman who need to put on 15-20 pounds. He's a massive human being but shows incredible footwork for his size. Wouldn't shock me to see him become a top 10 pick down the road, but that's obviously a long time from now. Still unsure if he should be a guard or tackle but he's actually looking very good at RT and if he cuts 10-15 pounds over the course of his career he can be a legit dominant RT prospect who can kick into guard. I'm actually really glad he went to UVA instead of Bama, Florida, and all the other teams recruting him. I think he's really learning a solid base and will be able to grow and learn through mistakes instead of at those big schools where he would be expected to contribute right away and where people will label you a bust if you struggle early.That is pretty cool, however any young offensive lineman that is that large is instantly a prospect. Hope he is playing better as a freshman than those young Miami tackles, however one expects more out of them so at least myself I am harder on them. But young players that fly under the radar, that is nice to see, will try to catch him play one of these days.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Too bad those statistics do not deal with kick off or punt return ability, which was the subject I was speak of.

DJK- 27.11 avg on 9 returns.
J. Sanders- 0 yards on 0 returns.
N. Paul- 18.38 avg on 8 returns.
J. Jernigan- 34.44 avg on 9 returns and one touchdown.
J. Kerley- 28.86 avg on 14 returns.

Iowa seems to have settled on Colin Sandeman as a PR guy besides PAKI BOMB's 42-yard TD return.

DJK would rate a hair under Kerley in kickoffs and a step below Jernigan (then again, nearly everyone would). Neither Kerley or Jernigan are good enough receivers for a small difference in KR skills to make up for DJK's significant advantage as a WR in, you know, being a WR.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Hope he is playing better as a freshman than those young Miami tackles

You mean this one?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/105355313.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUjc8LDyiUiacyKUzyaP3 7D_ncyD_2yckUr

"He's big, he's physical, he's looks an awful lot like Bryant McKinnie when I was at Miami," said Tar Heels coach Butch Davis. "He's just a big, massive human being. ... Obviously, he's a good athlete because he was a former basketball player, so he's got good feet. He's playing very, very well for a freshman."

The numbers prove what Davis is seeing.

Henderson has played 164 snaps this season, including 77 against Duke (with a season-high five pancake blocks), and has graded out at 83 percent or higher in every game — 90 percent twice.

Ozzy
10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Good for Seantrel, Butchy gave him some praise, first time that has ever happened, an opponent's team head coach hypes up a player on the other side before they play. That never happens ever, and look UNC plays Miami this week. Good thing for Seantrel Robert Quinn cannot play, they would have to take him out on 3rd downs like they did against Sheard.

I hope the best for the kid, but for the #1 all world tackle in the Universe, I am a little disappointed still. Will see what happens, but just like he said he is a big kid, still needs a lot of pass protection upgrading in his game though. You take away his huge size, you do not got much to work with. As for his basketball playing abilities, clearly he is not a Glen Davis type athlete out there on the football field. It shows in his lack of conditioning and fast explosiveness at times.

Will see what happens, hopefully he can improve, should improve and will play better as his career goes on.

As for Johnson-Koulianos, I just do not think he is an elite level talent and no amount of statistics could change than. And this supposed great kick off return ability, not buying that much either. Who knows maybe I am wrong, just not a huge fan of the guy. Sure statistics can speak to literal proof of a subject, I still would rather have Jock Sanders or Niles Paul returning a punt or a kick over Johnson-Koulianos. Maybe I am wrong who knows, but it is like me saying Kris Durham is the best WR on Georgia because he has the best statistics and the best yards per catch average? Even better than AJ Green, yeah right. Thus not a huge statistics fan.

Sniper
10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Good for Seantrel, Butchy gave him some praise, first time that has ever happened, an opponent's team head coach hypes up a player on the other side before they play. That never happens ever, and look UNC plays Miami this week. Good thing for Seantrel Robert Quinn cannot play, they would have to take him out on 3rd downs like they did against Sheard.

Mother of Christ, dude. Learn to ******* read.

The numbers prove what Davis is seeing.

Henderson has played 164 snaps this season, including 77 against Duke (with a season-high five pancake blocks), and has graded out at 83 percent or higher in every game — 90 percent twice.

For a freshman (and one who didn't enroll early), 83 percent total including 90 percent twice is pretty damn good.

And this supposed great kick off return ability, not buying that much either. Who knows maybe I am wrong, just not a huge fan of the guy. Sure statistics can speak to literal proof of a subject, I still would rather have Jock Sanders or Niles Paul returning a punt or a kick over Johnson-Koulianos.

Kick return stats are pretty cut-and-dry. I'm not sure how you can make a case for Jock Sanders being a better kick returner when he's returned less kicks in his career than DJK has this year alone. Sanders' career average for KR is a shade under 21 per. That's very, very average. Last year, DJK averaged 31.50 ypr and scored a touchdown. This year, he's "only" at 27 per. How do you determine who you'd prefer at KR if it isn't yardage? Because you like Sanders more? That makes a lot of sense.

Maybe I am wrong who knows, but it is like me saying Kris Durham is the best WR on Georgia because he has the best statistics and the best yards per catch average? Even better than AJ Green, yeah right. Thus not a huge statistics fan.

It's awesome that you conveniently leave out Green's four-game suspension. Green's already doubled Durham in touchdowns (4-2) and almost doubles him in catches per game (5.33-3.14). The law of averages suggests that Green will hover around the 17 ypc average and that Durham's 20+ avg will not last.

You offer no reasoning as to why you'd take a guy who averages less than 10 ypc (Sanders) over DJK other than "well, I just like him better". What does Sanders do better than DJK?

Ozzy
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Week 8: Prospect Standouts
*Aldon Smith RS SOPH OLB Missouri: So that is what all the hype is about, the kid is a freak athlete and has elite quickness off the edge as a pass rusher. He is so fast lineman can barely get a hand on him. He is gone most likely, coming out for this years draft especially considering there are few if any elite ¾ outside pass rushing prospects in the draft. He would easily be the top ¾ outside linebacker prospect in the draft if he comes out. Many ¾ defensive teams would considering drafting him in the 1st round as well. Only negative is what makes him so much different than Greg Hardy years back for Ole Miss, and only real thing is Hardy's injury history really hurt him, regardless if Smith is smart he will come out for the draft without question.

*Mike Adams JR OT Ohio State: Very impressed with his athletic ability at tackle, he is a big tall kid, moves well, has good feet and is a fine pass protector and if he stays for his senior year he could develop into a very solid player.

*Micah Hyde SOPH CB Iowa: Love his potential at corner, big tall kid, fast, very quick and is a fine open field tackler. He could develop into a big time corner for Iowa over the next few years, he is one to watch, potentially big time talent.

*Kirby Van Der Kamp  FR P Iowa State: Amazing punter as a freshman, is a big time talent and might be one of those rare players at that position. So far so good for that young punter.

*David Paulson JR TE Oregon: Had a great game, showed big time pass catching ability and ability to get down field and make plays. Is almost a clone to current NFL tight end Owen Daniels.

*Ter'Ran Benton JR CB Iowa State: Big time hitter at cornerback, had some real sticks in the open field against Texas. Good toughness and showed good potential as a tackler. Did not so elite ability in coverage but is a player to watch, who would have thought it, watching Iowa State defensive backs but you should, they have some good ones.

*Seantrel Henderson FR OT Miami FL: I have been really hard on this kid this season, but at least now he is starting which is a good sign to his development. Still I would love to see him engage defensive players more often and not just be in the area. Still huge kid, nothing to not like about his size, just needs to use it more to his advantage.

*John Moffitt SR OG Wisconsin: Having a great season at guard, really run blocking well and moving people around easily. If he keeps playing this well he could be one of the top guards in the up coming draft.

*Dan Hoch JR OT Missouri: Huge man, just a giant on the field, plays in an odd offense but he has good pass protecting skills. Can move his feet and does well in space, could develop into a really elite offensive tackle over this year and next.

*Luke Stocker SR TE Tennessee: He is an elite tight end prospect, has fine hands, ideal size and is a decent blocker as well, he will most likely be a 2nd or 3rd round selection comes draft time regardless of how productive he is on Tennessee this year.

*David Sims SR FS Iowa State: I like him as a safety prospect, moves very well on the field, can cover ground, is a small safety but tackles decent and is a moderately sound late round prospect. Could develop into a consistent player at that position.

*Leonard Johnson JR CB Iowa State: Another solid Iowa State defensive back, shows decent potential and playmaking ability at that position and is one to watch develop over this year and next.

*Allen Reisner SR TE Iowa: Taking advantage of his senior year and playing very good football for Iowa, shows good hands and despite not having a great career, all it takes it to show that potential and he is this season.

*Vontaze Burfict SOPH ILB Arizona State: Flat out elite, monster as a tackler, has great size and good speed, really playing like an elite level linebacker. Too bad he could not come out for this years draft.

*Brandon Mosley JR OT Auburn: Very good looking tackle, is a good athlete, has nice size and I like how he blocks consistently down field. It is not all Cam Newton, he has a great offensive line blocking for him and Mosley is a big reason for his success.

*Wyatt Middleton SR SS Navy: Talked about him earlier, he is a fine looking prospect, might not have the speed to cover but he can simply tackle and will make a roster next year on special teams if he wants to commit himself to football. Just a great open field tackler and a pretty solid athlete as well.

*Jacob Lattimer JR OLB Iowa State: Played big time against Texas, gave out of this world effort as a pass rusher. Very consistent against some decent offensive lineman. If he keeps up that level of intensity he is one to watch for as a ¾ OLB pass rusher in the future. He played a great game.

*Dan Persa RS JR QB Northwestern: Someone brought him up earlier in the year, he is a decent prospect. I do not really care about his pass percentage of efficency on the field, what is more impressive is his toughness and consistency as a leader on the field. If he keeps this up he will be a decent late round prospect as a senior next season.

*Mike Berry SR OG Auburn: Another fine Auburn lineman, good athletic ability and ability to block down field. Big man but he can move and is a good run blocker as well, decent second tear guard in the up coming draft.

*Charlie Gantt SR TE Michigan State: Another fine senior tight end, not elite as a talent but has potential, good route runner down field and is a decent athlete. He might get a shot as a late round prospect.

*Mike Harris JR OT UCLA: Huge man, has giant arms as an offensive tackle, not a dominating player but physically he is one to watch out for in the future. Has potential as a tackle, just needs to use his size and power more on the field.

*Quinton Carter SR SS Oklahoma: Used to really not be a fan of him as a player, but he has improved his game and is showing more and more playmaking ability on the field. Decent tackler in open space, seems to play with good intensity and is a good leader on the field, will get a shot in the later rounds as a safety.

*Brad Herman JR TE Iowa: Really like his athletic ability at tight end, will really breakout next season for Iowa and should be a big time playmaker potentially.

Note:
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos SR WR Iowa: I was hard on him last week, slightly changed my opinion on the man, but still I would take around 12-15 receivers over him in the draft. Surprised by his strength and that will really help him at the next level, but still nothing says he is an explosive playmaker to me. Shows good hands and again his size and strength will really help him but just not sure he is a game breaker or an elite level talent. But as a third receiver teamed with big play receivers around him he could be a fine player at the next level, but if a team is wanting to build their passing game around him, not sure he is that type of talent. But yes, I change my tone a little on him, but still one could argue those tight end targets and McNutt are just as talented and important to Iowa as Johnson-Koulianos is. He has been around for a very long time it seems, and at no point would I say he changed the game like so many receivers can coming out for this years draft. Nothing overly wrong with him though, but doubt he has Hines Ward type of toughness and intensity on the field as an undersized slot receiver, but who knows maybe he does.

Disappointed:
Blaine Gabbert JR QB Missouri: Decent prospect but still not a huge fan of him. Yes he is big and tall, throws an ok ball but really if he did not have that height, and was rather 6-1, very few people would be talking about him. What makes Gabbert so much better than superior athletes that are just as big as he is in Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett and Terrelle Pryor? At this point, I would say nothing so why take Gabbert over any of those prospects?

Akeem Ayers JR OLB UCLA : For being this hyped up talked about talent, he really did almost nothing to slow down Oregon, really disappointed about his lack of intensity on the field. Sure he has speed but one would like to see more impactful plays and power coming from him as a tackler and at least showing up. With all the hype Ayers and Moore have been getting, they both really did not dominate the way they should if they were indeed such outstanding prospects on defense.

Babylon
10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
^
Not sure anyone is saying Blaine Gabbert is better than Ryan Mallett right now but he's played well, throws a good passing % and gets the ball down the field.

So let me get this straight, a knock on Gabbert, who is 6-5, is that if he were 6-1 he probably wouldnt be that good. What sense does that make?

Ozzy
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
^
Not sure anyone is saying Blaine Gabbert is better than Ryan Mallett right now but he's played well, throws a good passing % and gets the ball down the field.

So let me get this straight, a knock on Gabbert, who is 6-5, is that if he were 6-1 he probably wouldnt be that good. What sense does that make?I am saying if he was 6-1 no one would be talking about him the way they are. Everyone knows that offense puts up huge numbers, look at Chase Daniel, heck even Brad Smith was productive and he was an awful quarterback prospect coming out, and I remember people arguing he could play quarterback in the league.

What makes that Missouri offense so different for quarterbacks than say that old Texas Tech offense under Mike Leach?

People love big strong armed quarterbacks and he is one of those players. Just personally, at this point I see nothing about him that makes him a star quality prospect. And I say again, why take Gabbert over guys like Mallett, Newton or Pryor? I doubt anyone would do that if you are just looking for a big tall quarterback.

Guess personally I just need to see a little more out of him I guess, will see how he performs now with the target on Missouri's back.

Hines
10-25-2010, 06:32 PM
The lack of Jonny Baldwin disapoints me.

Ozzy
11-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Week 9: Prospect Standouts
*Nate Solder SR OT Colorado: Outstanding offensive tackle prospect, easily the best I have seen all year and should be the first tackle taken in the draft. Great feet, big tall kid, very athletic, very sound at the point of attack and can handle speed rushers a lot better than most. He should be the 1st offensive tackle picked in the draft by far.

*Chandler Jones JR DE Syracuse: Big tall athletic kid, gets good rush off the edge, long and lengthy and is exactly what is wanted in a pass rushing defensive end. Having a good season and he could either come out early or stay for his senior year and really have a breakout season.

*Morgan Moses FR OT Virginia: Someone brought him up a few weeks ago. He is a very solid prospect, went up against Allen Bailey and held his own more than once, seems to be able to handle speed rushers very well and carries his weight better than most his size. He could be a great tackle prospect in the future and is farther along than other tackles in his class.

*Nathan Williams JR DE/OLB Ohio State: Very promising ¾ OLB pass rusher potentially, could really explode next year as a player. Very good pressure off the edge, strong at the point of attack, a lot of positives in his game and he could be a fine player in the future.

*Doug Hogue SR OLB Syracuse: Not a well known player but I was very impressed with his physical size and strength on the football field. Runs well for a linebacker, plays hard, and makes plays on a consistent basis and is one of the reasons why that Syracuse defense is so outstanding this year. Very good looking prospect and he might get a shot at the league potentially.

*Chase Minnifield JR CB Virginia: Love him as a corner prospect, tough, physical, big time athlete and is a big time hitter. Impressed with his ability to make plays and being such an aggressive and strong corner he could be one of the first corners taken even in this years draft. Very promising player who is one of the best in the nation at his position.

*J.K. Schaffer JR OLB Cincinnati: Linebacker makes plays all over the field, runs well, tackles aggressively and is one to watch develop. Shows good speed and instincts at linebacker.

*Roy Finch FR RB Oklahoma: Tough little running back, very quick and surprisingly strong, he could develop into a game changer in the future for Oklahoma. Very impressed from what I have seen of him, and he is tough despite being so small.

*Adi Kunalic SR K Nebraska: What a weapon as a kick off man, great kicker and just destroys the football and if goes flying through the endzone, if he can consistently continue that kicking he will have a job for life in the NFL.

*Alex Henery SR K Nebraska: Another very talented kicker and punter for Nebraska. Can pin punts well and is a very solid field goal kicker as well. Very talented young kicker who can do either one of those jobs in the NFL potentially.

*Derrell Smith SR ILB Syracuse: Another linebacker I was impressed with on Syracuse, big strong kid, good tackling and taking on blockers, he might have a shot come draft time because this years group of inside linebackers is not that solid.

*Colter Phillips SOPH TE Virginia: Very talented young tight end, he is big, has good size and has some explosive athletic ability as well, he should develop into another fine Virginia tight end.

*Marquis Spruill FR OLB Syracuse: A very talented young freshman learning from some solid seniors on the team. He has good speed, makes plays and impacts the game, he is one to watch as time goes on.

*Kyler Reed SOPH TE Nebraska: Big tall pass catching tight end, just used as a matchup problem in that offense now, but has potential to develop and get stronger, who knows what he could become. Good choice by them putting him at tight end because he is a big matchup problem that is for sure.

*Matt Conrath JR DE Virginia: Played well against some talented offensive lineman, he has perfect size for a ¾ DE, big tall kid, good pass rusher and plays with good effort. Come next season he could be a solid prospect for the future.

*Jared Crick JR DE Nebraska: Might as well lock in his future as a ¾ DE, he moved out to defensive end at times in the game against Missouri and he just did so much better. Just a more natural pass rusher from that position and he is that a pass rusher, not a run stopper. I am sure come draft day a team would love to have his pass rushing ability as a ¾ DE or even a 4/3 DE, either way that is most likely where he will end up at least on what I have seen at this point.

SeanTaylorRIP He's a true freshman who's already is now starting at RT but look out for Morgan Moses at UVA. He's only a Frosh but at 6-7" 350 he actually has to lose some weight instead of most young O-lineman who need to put on 15-20 pounds. He's a massive human being but shows incredible footwork for his size. Wouldn't shock me to see him become a top 10 pick down the road, but that's obviously a long time from now. Still unsure if he should be a guard or tackle but he's actually looking very good at RT and if he cuts 10-15 pounds over the course of his career he can be a legit dominant RT prospect who can kick into guard. I'm actually really glad he went to UVA instead of Bama, Florida, and all the other teams recruting him. I think he's really learning a solid base and will be able to grow and learn through mistakes instead of at those big schools where he would be expected to contribute right away and where people will label you a bust if you struggle early.Even though you seem to be a Virginia fan and hype Virginia players, aka Minnifield this week. But still good call on Moses, he is a very promising young offensive lineman. I think he carries his weight much better than say the likes of Seantrel Henderson. Moses played ok against a dominating pass rusher in Allen Bailey, got beat at times but then other times totally handled him. Very athletic kid, does not look out of shape and has good stamina. I think he is much father along than Henderson is at this same stage. Thing is he is totally contributing right away, as for the bust thing, at least Moses doesn't have the label of being the best offensive tackle prospect coming out, Henderson was that from even like 10th grade or so, heck even 9th. So yeah Moses is a little more under the radar, but he should develop nicely and again I say he is farther along than Henderson is.

Ozzy
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Week 10: Prospect Standouts
*Drake Nevis SR DT LSU: Flat out dominated against Alabama, was all over the field, always up in the backfield. Brought him up awhile ago this year, played better and better, like I said if he keeps this up he is a 1st round pick and possibly the first defensive tackle taken in the draft. So stout and strong at the point of attack and is playing great football.

*Michael Mauti SOPH OLB Penn State: Dominated against Northwestern, was all over the field and played like the linebackers of old for Penn State. Love his intensity and explosiveness as a tackler, if he keeps this up he will be a 1st round pick at linebacker when he comes out.

*Rueben Randle SOPH WR LSU: Had a huge game for them, showed great big play potential. Has been less productive because of bad quarterback play, but against Alabama he made those the quarterbacks look good.

*Chris Owusu JR WR Stanford: He is just a big time receiver and is one of the best in his class. Has great speed, and even though he has an amazing quarterback throwing him the ball, he makes Luck look good just as the other way around. Owusu is a fine receiver talent and considering how many juniors will come out early he could be one of the best senior receivers next season, that is unless he comes out early as well.

*Kelvin Sheppard SR OLB LSU: Played flat out great football, should be the 1st outside linebacker taken in the draft, has been wildly consistent for a long period of time and is having a real breakout season this year.

*Knile Davis SOPH RB Arkansas: Surprised a lot of people, is playing over some very talented running backs. Kind of came out of no where, he has good size and is a very good down hill runner, has quick feet and can get seperation from defenders.

*C.J. Mosley FR ILB Alabama: Not dominated but is showing good potential at linebacker. Should develop nicely in this system and become a very productive linebacker down the road.

*Anthony Wilkerson FR RB Stanford: Great choice to go to Standord, he is a big back, good size and should dominate with that amazing running back. Is a big time talent that will be wildly productive in his college career, very solid player.

*Tramain Thomas JR S Arkansas: Had a really productive game, showed good coverage ability and made plays that changed the game. As a group they looked great and it will be interested to see how he plays as the season goes on.

*Colton Miles-Nash SOPH DE Arkansas: Has ideal size for a defensive end, very big kid, gets good push off the edge and is part of an ever improving defense for Arkansas. He had a very solid day rushing the passer.

*Craig Loston FR S LSU: Highly ranked safety, made a few good plays for LSU in that game. Big time athlete, has good speed, just needs to be productive on the field.

*Damion Square SOPH DE Alabama: Huge kid, is a big brick and is playing better and better each week. Should be a very sound defensive lineman prospect when his time at Bama is done.

*Cobi Hamilton SOPH WR Arkansas: A very athletic kid and is just another really productive Arkansas receiver. Should see more time even when Childs comes back, they have a lot of good pass catchers but one could argue he is physically the strongest of them all.

*DC Jefferson JR TE Rutgers: Just has a great body for a tight end, big strong and thick kid. Just has the perfect size needed, is showed a moderate commitment to blocking at least. Is moving a few people around, not being that productive as a pass catcher but hopefully he gets it by next season because at his size he could be a beast at tight end.

*Ryan Tannehill JR WR/QB Texas A&M: Have him as a receiver prospect, big kid but it is shocking that he is now playing quarterback and being pretty productive. Rarely does that happen that a productive receiver moves to quarterback in college, usually it is the other way around. A big surprise that happened, but so far so good.

Disappointed:
William Vlachos SR C Alabama: Got flat out dominated and really hurt his stock, showed inability to go up against a big strong defensive tackle. Showed how his size is an issue, still a tough player but that hurts any prospect when one gets dominated like that.

Cliff Matthews SR DE South Carolina: Really having a bad season, was great early in his career, really made plays and was productive. But this being his senior season he is having a down year, not making very many plays at all. Hope for his sake he turns it around.

Robert Bolden FR QB Penn State: Sadly for him, this backup quarterback is being far more successful than Bolden is. Not sure if it is an improved running game that is the reason, why is part of it. Hope it is not a question of on the field leadership and players play harder under this backup. Bolden is still very skilled, and hopefully he can get back on the field and lead that team and play as well as he can. Having two different hundred yard rushers sure helps though for that backup quarterback though.

bruschis4all
11-08-2010, 08:35 AM
On the two PSU players. I feel Bolden was in over his head this year. Freshman qb who didn't get on campus until the summer is very difficult to do in the Big 10. He played out of necessity. The other qb's they recruited Newsome and Jones didn't show enough in summer camp. Backup is a walk-on. Not sure they wanted to put the program in his lap.

Mauti looks like their best lb. Hard to believe he didn't start at the beginning of the year. They were playing Stupar(ok) and Gdabyu(beyond awful) over him. G.Hodges got hurt against Bama and hasn't regained his form yet. Soph out of NJ. And, K.Fortt a frosh from Ct who was a high school teammate of Silas Redd.

How can you not mention Silas Redd if you watched that game? Another freshman just out of hs. 11 carries 131 yds. Kids showed some great moves. Didn't have one long run that made stats deceiving. But, a bunch of good ones. He looks like the real deal and will make people forget Evan Royster pretty quick next year.

Also, thought Wisniewski played well. I had been critical of his play earlier in the year. But, he got out on those screens and sweeps and made some blocks in space. Not a road grader that some teams like. But, the Pats like OL who can move and block in space. Might be a good fit there. Props to Joepa on number 400. But, it's time to move on. He shouldn't be remembered as a replica from Weekend at Bernies. Which is what he is right now. He should be remembered as a tremendously successful head coach who won with INTEGRITY.

Ozzy
11-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Week 11: Prospect Standouts
*Tyler Bray FR QB Tennessee: Outstanding young prospect for Tennessee, he is a big tall kid, throws a really accurate ball and is tearing it up early on in his career. Could be a player that brings that program back to being on of the elite in the SEC. Could be the most impressive freshman quarterback so far through the few games he has played.

*Prince Shembo FR DE/OLB Notre Dame: Had an outstanding game, cannot even remember when Notre Dame had this good of pass rusher. Very quick off the edge, has good power and is a very promising OLB prospect in a ¾ defense. Should develop nicely and improve that struggling Notre Dame defense in the future.

*Ryan Nassib JR QB Syracuse: Very impressive quarterback, bring the Orange back to being one of the elite teams in college football. He has a strong arm, accurate arm, makes good choices on the field and it will be interesting to see how he does come his senior season.

*Johnnie Troutman JR OG Penn State: Good strong guard for Penn State, he is very athletic, can block well down field, gives good effort and come next season should be a very good guard prospect for the up coming draft.

*Kenneth Mayfield SR OG Kansas State: Monster guard for Kansas State and is a big reason why they are running the ball so well. Huge man, moves pretty well for that giant size and he will get a shot at the next level because of his power and strength. Might be a later around pick but he has starter potential if he gets on the right team.

*Kyle Nunn JR OT South Carolina: Played great in a huge game for them, absolutely collapsed entire sides of the defense and opened up huge holes for Lattimore. Had a fine game, very solid run blocker and improving pass protector. He keeps it up he could be one of the better tackles come next season.

*Bruce Taylor SOPH OLB Virginia Tech: Solid young linebacker for Virginia Tech, in the mold of the outside linebacker back in the day for that defense, they have not had a player like him for awhile. Good athlete, moves well and covers a lot of ground.

*Jordan Mabin JR CB Northwestern: Solid corner, has good coverage skills, has a lot of experience and is a proven playmaker. Not the most gifted athlete but he has decent speed and his coverage skills make up for his lack of outstanding athletic ability.

*Travis Bond SOPH OG UNC: Very big guard, one to watch out for in the future. Good athlete and could develop into being an absolute star at that position.

*Brian Blechen FR SS Utah: Solid looking safety prospect, looks like an undersized outside linebacker, seems to have good speed. Suspect in coverage at times but has a lot of potential at the strong safety position and should develop into a very fine player.

*Kendrick Moeai SOPH TE Utah: Was not greatly productive but is a big kid, very solid athlete and could develop into a really good tight end for Utah. Fine prospect and is one to watch in the future.

*Malik Jackson JR DE Tennessee: Former USC transfer, played well for the Vols, getting into the backfield and still has that solid potential and size he showed on the West Coast.

*Khaseem Greene SOPH SS Rutgers: Big kid, hits hard, makes plays, is another interesting safety prospect on Rutgers. Could develop into a good player over time if he keeps on improving.

*Matthew McGolin SOPH QB Penn State: Had a rough second half, but still hard to argue with his production and ability to lead a football team. Will have his growing pains, but hardest part about it is who do the Lions play, McGolin or potentially more talented Robert Bolden. Regardless, McGolin showed good leadership qualities.

Disappointed:
Jordan Wynn SOPH QB Utah: Not very impressive, got destroyed over the past two games for Utah. Did not lead the team very well and just did not play good at all. After showing such promise as a freshman, he took a step back as a sophomore so far.

Travon Bellamy SR CB Illinois: Was very impressive early in the year but as the competition got better he got worse. That hurts him a lot and now he is playing like a prospect that would be lucky to be picked up as an undrafted free agent. He is really going to have to pick up his level of play.

BJ Daniels SOPH QB South Florida: Liked him a lot as a freshman, not sure if it is the system but he is really unimpressive this year. Has the tools but so far not so go for his development. He does not have anyone to throw the ball too but great quarterbacks are still productive and make the receivers look good, not the other way around.

Tom Savage SOPH QB Rutgers: Another sophomore really having trouble, got benched earlier in the season. Had a great freshman year, has a fine arm and good size, but just needs to get his head straight and start to play up to his potential. He is a huge disappointment this year however.

Shaun Draughn SR RB UNC: Very rough year for him, talented young back now would be lucky to be drafted. He has ability, good quickness and toughness as a runner, but hard to play well with all that question marks around the program and himself.

MaxV
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't think McGloin is a realistic NFL prospect. He's kind of short and has an average arm.

One Penn State player that I think has real NFL potential is DT Devon Still. He's 6'-5" 310 with good athletic ability. When the effort is there, he can be unblockable. Unfortunately, his motor doesn't always run full speed. He didn't play well vs. Ohio State.

Ozzy
11-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Week 12: Prospect Standouts
*Cyrus Gray JR RB Texas A&M: Playing great football, is a very physically strong running back, runs hard, has the physical tools one is looking for. Should be a very interesting prospect if he comes back for his senior season and joins a loaded junior class of running backs.

*Knile Davis SOPH RB Arkansas: What an elite tailback he is becoming, has big time size and speed. Breaks huge runs on a consistent basis, has very quick feet, good acceleration and is dominating in games he plays. Came out of no where this year and could arguably be one of the best running backs in the SEC this season.

*Cameron Jordan Cal SR DE: Very sound a shedding blocks, can really get off a block and get penetration in the backfield. Is a very promising ¾ DE, has a lot of ability, a lot of upper arm strength and deserves the hype he is getting.

*Brandon Bolden JR RB Ole Miss: Not many talk about him but he is a very solid back, very quick, has good acceleration and can even catch the ball well out of the backfield. He is a fine running back and would be a steal in the later rounds when he decides to come out for the draft.

*Shayne Skov SOPH OLB Stanford: Fine player for Stanford, shows great instincts on the field, can get after the quarterback and is a very consistent tackler. Should be a very good prospect in the next few years and joins a outstanding class of sophomore linebackers.

*D.T. Shackelford SOPH OLB Ole Miss: Could be a great pass rushing prospect at outside linebacker in a ¾, gets good leverage, has a thick build, low to the ground and gives good effort. He could develop into a fine player over the next few seasons and maybe even a star prospect.

*Sione Fua SR NT Stanford: Looks the part of a solid NT prospect, big kid, huge arms, hard to move around and gets penetration in the backfield, solid NT prospect in the up coming draft.

*Stevan Ridley SOPH RS RB LSU: Had a really good year for LSU, has great leg strength and shows good power running the football. Not a flashing back but gets the job down and has a good thick built to him physically.

*Jake Matthews FR OT Texas A&M: Another fine freshman tackle on A&M, playing well this season, shows fine athletic ability and could be an absolute star in the future for A&M, fine prospect.

*K.J. Wright SR ILB Miss State: Sleeper pick at inside linebacker, good athlete, fast kid, plays hard and best part for him this class of inside linebackers is extremely weak so he could see his name called come draft time, solid player.

*Jarius Wright JR WR Arkansas: Another Arkansas playmaker, one shows up every week it seems. He has big time open field speed, good after the catch and despite his size he can make big plays. Is a good prospect and will be interesting to see him develop.

*Rod Streater JR WR Temple: Love his size at receiver big tall kid that can make plays catching the ball. Has another year to develop and could become a fine player if he works more on his route running and consistency getting open.

*Jacquies Smith JR OLB Missouri: Another fine ¾ OLB prospect on Missouri, really can get after the passer, has good quickness off the edge, very solid athlete and if he comes back for his senior season he could develop into a really good prosepct.

*Chris White SR ILB Miss State: Another fine Miss State inside linebacker, will not be a really high pick but has a chance to be taken late in the draft because of the lack in depth at linebacker in this years draft class. He is a good player, gives good effort and has a shot at the next level.

*Jake Bequette JR DE Arkansas: Big kid, has perfect size for a defensive end and gives very good effort on the field. Not an elite player at this position but if he keeps it up and develops over the next year he could be a solid prospect in the later rounds.

Disappointed:
Sean Cattouse JR SS Cal: Absolutely fanned at more than one tackle in that Stanford game, for being such a big hitter he sure looked weak on a few plays. Still a decent prospect but did not have a great game against Stanford at all.

Jerrod Johnson SR QB Texas A&M: Absolute nightmare of a season for Johnson, benched for multiple games and despite being a senior and the schools all time leading passer on his last game at College Station, he never sees the field. Should still get a shot at the next level, really handling the situation wonderfully surprisingly which helps, but still not a way any senior quarterback wants to go out. Reminds me a lot of how Cullen Harper ended his senior season at Clemson.