PDA

View Full Version : About the ol' DCFL...

Zycho32
08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I had been thinking recently about the endeavour the lot of us took part in where we created and acted as certain players in a simulated Football League. The way I understand it, a lot of fun was had, only things finally withered away before the playoffs could finish- or even begin, if my memory serves correct.

Anyway, I was wondering- would a second attempt work better if a different sport were utilized? I was thinking maybe something along the lines of Arena/Indoor Football or even a wholly different sport like Basketball.

...or, if it's still football you desire to play, what if the premise were changed; instead of controlling an entire league, why not focus entirely on a single team within that league- like an expansion franchise? That would give the game a lot more angles; Training Camp, Pre-Season, Position Battles, universal drama...

neko4
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Needs to be small amount of teams. Thats my best advice. Don't get to ambitious the first couple seasons.

Zycho32
08-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that's sort of why I thought controlling just one entire team and creating opponents for said team to face would work out better. It would still permit a large number of players to take part, but would limit the number of games that would have to be 'simulated' and thus help stave off the Burn-Out.

OSUGiants17
08-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I think if we do this again, it needs to be run by a committee. Guys like neko, ATLDirtyBirds, scottyboy, and BeerBaron have run the other ones. If you guys join up we can't blame the flop on an inactive commish. Another thing is we need to look back to the original run by ManOfSteel. User controlled teams and players only. Just stats and scores for games, only 1 write-up a week for the Monday Night game. The first one started the same time as the regular season did and lasted a season and a half. Keep the league moving at a fast pace and keep players interested. That's all the advice I got.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah, that's sort of why I thought controlling just one entire team and creating opponents for said team to face would work out better. It would still permit a large number of players to take part, but would limit the number of games that would have to be 'simulated' and thus help stave off the Burn-Out.

I don't know about just one team, although I do like your thought. Maybe taking over a division could work.