PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Carmini, Avril, Woodley, Etc.

KLAUS
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
thoughts on gabe carmini: when i pretend i used to work as a scout in the premier league, i pretend that we had the geopolitical slogan – and i apologize for the vulgarity – big 10=big sh-t. everyone from that conference has absolutely no movement. they cant violently set their hips. they cant violently shoot their hands out. the only 2 big 10 proletariats worth anything are brandon graham, cliff avril, joe thomas, woodley. and joe thomas, woodley, and graham cannot move particularly well either. avril is the only big 10 prole in the last 10 years who can turn his hips. i drafted woodley in 2007 then bill polian called offering a 1st rounder in 2008 to take tony ugoh and woodley was off the dixie stars. i will never forgive polian for that phone call. carmini cannot move and will be a total failure. i rather have mike otto who is another big 10 failure and back up prole in tennesse. you could probably acquire mike otto for a 7th rounder or he will be riding the wiave in 2 weeks. stay away from the holocaust of the big 10.

you want violent athletes? i say that you must – with a total f_cking imperative consistent with the Lacanian object petit a – look to the south. You take a man like derek sherrod from mississippi state. tough as train smoke. violent hands. a technician. a thinker. he understands the marxist division of labour. you want a left tackle – or as i called the position when i was the selector for the dixie stars , a bandit – for the next decade, as the idiots like to say? You take Sherrod in round 2 or 3 and you have a starting bandit for the next 20 years.

please note i selected dunlap this year in round 2 and he had a superb game yesterday against your eagles. the first target was linval joseph but we received a trade down offer from the brown lightning who beat out beliczek for rob gronkowski. joseph was not there and dunlap was next. jospeh will be a good prole – but this looks like one situation where lady luck not only smiled, but also had intercourse.

reading list: houllebecq: “h.p. lovecraft: against the world, against life”
baudelaire “on poe”
i will be heretical and say the former text is better than the latter

further reading: anything by thomas j.j. altizer http://altizer.narod.ru/

will make some other comments on proles later.

Rosebud
08-21-2010, 12:54 PM
you want violent athletes? i say that you must – with a total f_cking imperative consistent with the Lacanian object petit a – look to the south. You take a man like derek sherrod from mississippi state. tough as train smoke.

jospeh will be a good prole – but this looks like one situation where lady luck not only smiled, but also had intercourse.

thanks for the new sig

Paranoidmoonduck
08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
This thread is incredible.

TACKLE
08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Great point KLAUS. Totally agree.

Rosebud
08-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Great point KLAUS. Totally agree.

Really? I always figured Sherrod to be more of a proponent of the anarcho-capitalist argument for specialization rather than the marxist views on division of labor simply because he was the type of guy who'd argue more from a utilitarian stand point. But that's just me.

FUNBUNCHER
08-21-2010, 02:17 PM
"and joe thomas, woodley, and graham cannot move particularly well either."??

I'm confused...Woodley and Graham are super-athletic for their size, and I thought Joe Thomas was the prototype??

Repped ya anyway, btw.

You made my brain bust a nut.

descendency
08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Carimi is headed for the same drop that Ciron Black had last year.

umphrey
08-21-2010, 05:09 PM
As a Badger fan I don't see how Carimi should go in the first. Good college player, part of a good OL, but might not be able to translate his skills into the NFL or he'll have to move to guard and he wouldn't make a good enough guard to go anywhere near the first if that's what you draft him for.

Babylon
08-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Carimi is headed for the same drop that Ciron Black had last year.

I'll take that bet. Knocking a conferance per se is a bit much for me. I read the original post and wanted the last few minutes of my life back.

Mr. Offseason
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think Carimi is in for the same drop that Black went through last year because Black's issue at LT was that he was so big, he had heavy feet and he didn't have good lateral agility. He played alright at LT because he was so big people had to spend extra time running around him to beat him off the edge, not because he had good technique or good footwork.

Carimi may not be a good LT prospect, but I think he is a pretty solid RT prospect in the NFL. He's a solid run blocker, not great in my opinion, he's tough, he is solid in pass protection at worst... He may not ever be a pro-bowler, but I think he would be worth a 3rd round pick to solidify an offensive line. That's a lot more than I ever had to say about Black, who's size was his greatest attribute.

descendency
08-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Carimi may not be a good LT prospect, but I think he is a pretty solid RT prospect in the NFL. He's a solid run blocker, not great in my opinion, he's tough, he is solid in pass protection at worst... He may not ever be a pro-bowler, but I think he would be worth a 3rd round pick to solidify an offensive line. That's a lot more than I ever had to say about Black, who's size was his greatest attribute.

I remember everyone saying Black was a 3rd to 4th rounder and would be an OK guard or right tackle last year too.

You're right, but a lot of people had Black as a high first round pick and no worse than a low first round pick before his senior season.

TACKLE
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Really? I always figured Sherrod to be more of a proponent of the anarcho-capitalist argument for specialization rather than the marxist views on division of labor simply because he was the type of guy who'd argue more from a utilitarian stand point. But that's just me.

Hmmmm.....You bring up a valid point. ;)

cajuncorey
08-22-2010, 09:55 AM
thoughts on gabe carmini: when i pretend i used to work as a scout in the premier league, i pretend that we had the geopolitical slogan – and i apologize for the vulgarity – big 10=big sh-t. everyone from that conference has absolutely no movement. they cant violently set their hips. they cant violently shoot their hands out. the only 2 big 10 proletariats worth anything are brandon graham, cliff avril, joe thomas, woodley. and joe thomas, woodley, and graham cannot move particularly well either. avril is the only big 10 prole in the last 10 years who can turn his hips. i drafted woodley in 2007 then bill polian called offering a 1st rounder in 2008 to take tony ugoh and woodley was off the dixie stars. i will never forgive polian for that phone call. carmini cannot move and will be a total failure. i rather have mike otto who is another big 10 failure and back up prole in tennesse. you could probably acquire mike otto for a 7th rounder or he will be riding the wiave in 2 weeks. stay away from the holocaust of the big 10.

you want violent athletes? i say that you must – with a total f_cking imperative consistent with the Lacanian object petit a – look to the south. You take a man like derek sherrod from mississippi state. tough as train smoke. violent hands. a technician. a thinker. he understands the marxist division of labour. you want a left tackle – or as i called the position when i was the selector for the dixie stars , a bandit – for the next decade, as the idiots like to say? You take Sherrod in round 2 or 3 and you have a starting bandit for the next 20 years.

please note i selected dunlap this year in round 2 and he had a superb game yesterday against your eagles. the first target was linval joseph but we received a trade down offer from the brown lightning who beat out beliczek for rob gronkowski. joseph was not there and dunlap was next. jospeh will be a good prole – but this looks like one situation where lady luck not only smiled, but also had intercourse.

reading list: houllebecq: “h.p. lovecraft: against the world, against life”
baudelaire “on poe”
i will be heretical and say the former text is better than the latter

further reading: anything by thomas j.j. altizer http://altizer.narod.ru/

will make some other comments on proles later.

who is this guy?

SenorGato
08-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Camiri sounds alot like Eben Britton without the youth. He sounds like a guy who can become a starting RT.