PDA

View Full Version : Where do YOU rank these prospects?

OSUGiants17
08-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I was thinking about a few players and I was wondering where they will go and how they rank at their position so I figued I would come here to get someone else's opinion. Here are the prospects I was thinking about.

- Ryan Winterswyk, DL, Boise St.
- Kenny Rowe, DL, Oregon
- Brad Jefferson, LB, Georgia Tech
- Case Keenum, QB, Houston
- Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

So, where do you rank these prospects and where do you see them going in the draft.

BeerBaron
08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't yet know an awful lot about the first 3, but I can give you my thoughts on the QBs.

Keenum I think is destined to go the way of so many other prolific college passers whose skills just don't translate well to the pro game. Average height, below average bulk, pass whacky college system which means a hard transition to the pro game....late rounder/undrafted at best. If Kevin Kolb performs well as a full time starter this year, it may help Keenum out a little bit but Kolb's skills are better adapted to the pro gam than Keenum's imo.

Dalton I think has a better chance. A little taller and thicker than Keenum, took great strides from his sophomore to junior year....I think that with a good year this season where he continues to progress, he could work his way into at least a mid-rounder or better.

wicket
08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't yet know an awful lot about the first 3, but I can give you my thoughts on the QBs.

Keenum I think is destined to go the way of so many other prolific college passers whose skills just don't translate well to the pro game. Average height, below average bulk, pass whacky college system which means a hard transition to the pro game....late rounder/undrafted at best. If Kevin Kolb performs well as a full time starter this year, it may help Keenum out a little bit but Kolb's skills are better adapted to the pro gam than Keenum's imo.

Dalton I think has a better chance. A little taller and thicker than Keenum, took great strides from his sophomore to junior year....I think that with a good year this season where he continues to progress, he could work his way into at least a mid-rounder or better.

id post my own thoughts but i was gonna post pretty much the same story, only id add that winterswijk is about the most depressing town that i know

descendency
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't give either QB a draftable grade. Dalton is a lot closer but neither are in an offense that translates to the NFL.

I don't really know the other 3. I have seen Brad Jefferson play, but I didn't form an opinion.

Day One Pick
08-24-2010, 05:36 AM
None very high. Keenum probably get's drafted first, somewhere in the 4th-5th round range. He could sneak into the late 3rd I suppose.

San Diego Chicken
08-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Kenny Rowe is similar to Dexter Davis from last year. Natural pass-rusher, but very undersized, even for rush OLB.