PDA

View Full Version : Ocho gets fined $25k

vikes_28
08-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I know this isn't really thread worthy, but....

Chad Ochocinco already has been hit with his first fine of the new NFL season -- nearly three weeks before the games start to count.

The NFL fined Ochocinco $25,000 for two violations -- possessing an electronic device and posting messages on Twitter -- during the Cincinnati Bengals' preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Aug. 20.

NFL players are not permitted to post messages on social media websites starting 90 minutes before kickoff and until postgame media obligations are fulfilled.

Ochocinco posted two messages -- one at 6:50 p.m. ET and another at 9:53 p.m. ET. The game kicked off at 8:07 p.m. ET.

His tweet at 9:53 p.m. was regarding a hit he absorbed in the game.

"Man Im sick of getting hit like that , its the damn preseason [expletive]! 1day I'm gone jump up and start throwing hay makers , #Tylenolplease," he wrote.

Ochocinco commented on the fine and apologized to the NFL on Tuesday -- through Twitter, of course.

"I've been fined by the league a substantial amount of money for tweeting, 1st time twitter hasn't made me money but cost me money," he wrote.

In his apology he said he "won't do it again."

"Dear NFL I apologize for tweeting during the game but that was 2 monthsof my Bugatti payments you just took from me,I won't do it again," he wrote.

I thought his apology sounded sarcastic. Which is hilarious cause it's Ochocinco.

I also thought that the fine was too much. The aren't huge violations...

descendency
08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
He does this as a way to have fun and donate to charity (since all NFL fines go to charity).

I understand people thinking he's a bit childish, but I don't understand the hate of this guy. He seems like a nice guy.

Though, I fully predict he will be broke 3 years after he retires.

tjsunstein
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Ocho will never be broke. Reality star, own network, contract. You know he's going to be a personality on some network when his playing days are through.

Splat
08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2w3recl.jpg

Babylon
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Some guys want to continue to be a sideshow and i'm not sure that gets you to the Superbowl.

Rosebud
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
*shrug* if this stuff effected his play on the field I'd say you have a point, but the fact of the matter is that Chad has been one of the best receivers in the NFL over the course of his career. So his personality is only a positive in that it provides further entertainment for the fans.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
He does this as a way to have fun and donate to charity (since all NFL fines go to charity).

I understand people thinking he's a bit childish, but I don't understand the hate of this guy. He seems like a nice guy.

this

Ocho is great to the fans and yet he never gets the appreciation he deserves because the league and sometimes the media like to paint his antics in a negative light. Last year he helped the Bengals avoid a blackout by purchasing the remaining 1500 or so tickets and donating them to fans and he constantly gives stuff away to fans on his twitter.

Ochocinco has recently been using his Twitter account as a way to give away things to fans. He's met people out for dinner at local restaurants, and later Friday night he's offering free tickets to the first 40 people to join him at a showing of "Law Abiding Citizen" at an area movie theater.