PDA

View Full Version : curious... any indication of the cowboys starting RB ?

katnip
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Also because I added Felix Jones to my yahoo fantasy football team.. Over Marion Barber (both were free)

just a gut feeling i have. Felix returns kicks still????

Shane P. Hallam
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Also because I added Felix Jones to my yahoo fantasy football team.. Over Marion Barber (both were free)

just a gut feeling i have. Felix returns kicks still????

Should return kicks along with Dez.

katnip
08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Should return kicks along with Dez.

Oh yea. Forgot they drafted Dez.. Bryant's going to be on hell of a WR to me

Brown Leader
08-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I have the opposite feeling. I'm higher on Barber than any projections I've seen. I think a healthy Barber starts and again gets more carries and most of the redzone opportunities because Felix still can't be trusted-see first preseason game. With the hurting oline and their dominant defense I think they'll run more this season, at least at the onset. That's why I'd take Barber over Felix...and did.

katnip
08-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I have the opposite feeling. I'm higher on Barber than any projections I've seen. I think a healthy Barber starts and again gets more carries and most of the redzone opportunities because Felix still can't be trusted-see first preseason game. With the hurting oline and their dominant defense I think they'll run more this season, at least at the onset. That's why I'd take Barber over Felix...and did.

I see what your saying. I like Barber personally (cause he's a physical back). I just don't know how long his brutal running style will last him though.

Me Likey Rookies
08-26-2010, 02:43 AM
And its Felix's 3rd season after being a 1st round pick. Its time to earn that money!!

K Train
08-26-2010, 07:32 AM
i think it has to be felix and they reduce barber to 4th quater/short yardage/spell felix

which is where he belongs and will do the best

guys like dez and ogletree can return kicks

scottyboy
08-26-2010, 07:47 AM
i still believe tashard choice is the best back on that team...

LonghornsLegend
08-26-2010, 03:30 PM
i still believe tashard choice is the best back on that team...

He hasn't done anything to prove that wrong this pre-season, it's sad Barber makes so much because I think Choice is clearly better. Pretty sure this is Barber's last season with Dallas, Choice has been pretty vocal about wanting some playing time and it's not like he's 21 years old.

I think Felix leads the team in carries, so it doesn't matter who starts the games. Barber will still get at on of goal line carries, but not 100% of them. Felix is still a guy you anticipate breaking out though, he doesn't need alot of carries to total 100 yards in a game at all.

Felix isn't going to be anywhere near kickoff return duty though. Dez will return punts by week 1, AOA will be returning kickoffs. Felix is going to have his workload increased more and more during the season once he shows he can stay healthy and earns it.