PDA

View Full Version : Starting to worry about Tramon

mefan4Packers@yahoo.co
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Not sure if he is gonna be the guy I thought he would. Starting to worry me little by little. He seems out of position on the receiver a lot. Either on the outside when he should be inside or vice versa. Something is just off with this guy.

J-Mike88
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Well I think that's why a lot of us said he's just a decent nickelback. Not great, just decent.
And if starting, he's a liability.
And then behind him it's worse. That's why I am still disappointed that Ted didn't bring in a vet at CB.
The Vikings brought in Lito Sheppard, and they're confident enough now in him that they traded CB Bennie Sapp for a needed-WR. Sheppard is now starting for them.

Sheppard would have been at least equal to Tramon and I believe above him, and it would have allowed Tramon to play nickel. All this with Harris out.

I still think we lose games if we have to rely on Underwood and Pat Lee.

BloodBrother
08-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Lito Sheppard? You mean the guy who was benched by the Jets last year for getting burnt too many times?

J-Mike88
08-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Lito Sheppard? You mean the guy who was benched by the Jets last year for getting burnt too many times?
He still started 9 games for the Jets, who were #1 in overall defense and made the AFC Title game.
He's not Charles Woodson.
But he's certainly not Pat Lee, or Jarrett Bush, and guys like them are who cost us the Cardinals game.
He has 70 starts under his belt, for some good defenses in Philly.
Clearly an upgrade of what we have after Charles and Al.

Our guys let Warner, Favre, and Roethlisberger set NFL records last year, in embarrassing fashion.

GB12
08-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Lito Sheppard sucks. I'd take Tramon Williams over him no question.

GB12
08-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Haha, looks like this a spammer. He actually made a legitimate thread though.

Crickett
08-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Stop, let me guess, you found a really cool website where you can watch Packer games on-line and you thought you would share.

Amirite?

cvv84
08-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I like Trammon but I'm concerned that he may never be a legit #2 CB in the NFL. He could be another one of those nickleback guys who gets overvalued, overpayed to start, and then disapoints in that role ala Rod Hood. I hope for our sake he pans out but right now I'm on the fence.

umphrey
08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I think you guys expect too much. Tramon isn't great but he has done fine opposite Woodson. He has always been a guy who can man up and play a receiver pretty well. He's worlds behind Woodson who can cover his man regardless of safety help or pass rush, but so is everyone else not named Revis.

He hasn't looked good this preseason though and I've seen teams picking on him and Nick Collins a lot. I think they are out of sync a little bit, and hopefully they get it together soon.

Surprisingly, Morgan Burnett has looked great in coverage, although he's been hot and cold against the run.

J-Mike88
08-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I like Tramon but I'm concerned that he may never be a legit #2 CB in the NFL. He could be another one of those nickleback guys who gets overvalued, overpayed to start, and then disapoints in that role ala Rod Hood. I hope for our sake he pans out but right now I'm on the fence.
Hate to admit it, but we think alike on that one. The body of work is hard to ignore on Tramon.
He tends to fool a lot of fans by making the spashy Int on occasion, but people forget about all the passes he allows. He's a decent nickeback, his play has suggested.

GB12
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Trammon Williams is a legit #2. He's at worst a bottom level #2 and at best a top level #2. Right now he's probably closer to the bottom, but he could start for a number of other teams.

I think we expected a bit more, and probably too much. You have to realize it's hard to find good corners and Williams is better than most.

yo123
08-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Well I think that's why a lot of us said he's just a decent nickelback. Not great, just decent.
And if starting, he's a liability.
And then behind him it's worse. That's why I am still disappointed that Ted didn't bring in a vet at CB.
The Vikings brought in Lito Sheppard, and they're confident enough now in him that they traded CB Bennie Sapp for a needed-WR. Sheppard is now starting for them.

Sheppard would have been at least equal to Tramon and I believe above him, and it would have allowed Tramon to play nickel. All this with Harris out.

I still think we lose games if we have to rely on Underwood and Pat Lee.

Actually Chris Cook is probably going to end up winning the second corner position and Asher Allen will be the nickel back. Lito Sheppard does in fact suck.

drowe
01-20-2011, 06:47 PM
so, this deserves a bump.

SimonRath
01-20-2011, 07:05 PM

hahahahahahaha

PackerLegend
01-20-2011, 10:28 PM

Not really. This was a spammer who made exactly 1 post.

TitleTown088
01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Hope he doesn't get to play in that probowl.

V.I.P
01-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I like Trammon but I'm concerned that he may never be a legit #2 CB in the NFL. He could be another one of those nickleback guys who gets overvalued, overpayed to start, and then disapoints in that role ala Rod Hood. I hope for our sake he pans out but right now I'm on the fence.

Eat crow, Tramon is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!11!1!!!!

Sportsfan486
01-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Not really. This was a spammer who made exactly 1 post.

Raise your hand if you honestly ever expected Tramon Williams to play anywhere near this level? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

cvv84
01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Eat crow, Tramon is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!11!1!!!!

Eat crow, your "bold predictions" flopped.

J-Mike88
01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
All of us are surprised Tramon (one M) has become this good.... but that's pleasantly surprised!

Interesting that the guy got -500 rep for one total post! Is that a record?

umphrey
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
All of us are surprised Tramon (one M) has become this good.... but that's pleasantly surprised!

Interesting that the guy got -500 rep for one total post! Is that a record?
I don't know what the record is but Morton owns it

I'll admit it. I could dig up a quote of myself saying Tramon Williams was a good nickel or a low end #2. I was wrong, but at least not as far off as some people.

cvv84
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't know what the record is but Morton owns it

I'll admit it. I could dig up a quote of myself saying Tramon Williams was a good nickel or a low end #2. I was wrong, but at least not as far off as some people.

IDK, looks to me like most people didn't think he'd be a shut down CB and that being a #2 was his ceiling. There was a few questions with him coming into this season and they justifiable to say the least.