PDA

View Full Version : Romeus over Quinn?

Fat_Actor
08-29-2010, 12:38 PM
On some of the drafts (not on here) I have seen people having Tampa passing on Robert Quinn for Greg Romeus. I would like to know what these people smoked. Quinn is a better overall talent and he is more of a fit for our scheme we run than Romeus. I think he could last long and has more upside. Not to mention. He is in the mold of Julius Peppers. Quinn/Mccoy/Price/Moore would be one hell of a line. What do you guys think?

wonderbredd24
08-29-2010, 12:47 PM
So much depends on how deep this UNC mess goes

irishbucsfan
08-30-2010, 08:07 AM
What's the UNC mess?

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 08:18 AM
What's the UNC mess?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41882

wicket
08-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Pretty sure romeus has been more productive, on top of that Romeus is pretty underrated as a prospect iyam. I think Quinn is better but the difference is small and i cant blame anyone for picking romeus over quinn

Fat_Actor
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, but Quinn fits Tampa's defense way better. Quinn is what we need for our scheme. The perfect specimen. People have been comparing Romeus to Gaines Adams and I do not want him if he does.

regoob2
08-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Quinn is also undersized. He's no where near the 270 he's listed at.

thenewfeature06
08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
That link is irrelevant for Quinn wonderbredd, I would be surprised if he got caught up in it... Anyway Robert is still pretty raw and Romeus has played more collegiate football but Quinn is alot more speedy than Romeus but we will see more of him this year.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 08:12 PM
That link is irrelevant for Quinn wonderbredd, I would be surprised if he got caught up in it... Anyway Robert is still pretty raw and Romeus has played more collegiate football but Quinn is alot more speedy than Romeus but we will see more of him this year.

Rumors and I emphasize the word rumors are talking about how this could blow up and end up including around 18 players.

As it is now, Quinn is free and clear, but it could certainly come up later.

I hope for Quinn's sake he's not, because I'd like to see him play this year.

thenewfeature06
08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow I would hope not that many but certainly possible but yeah he has alot to prove and even me being a UNC fan he is getting alot of hype mainly for his speed and size and a top 10 pick is more what I am thinking at this point.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-30-2010, 08:58 PM
He is in the mold of Julius Peppers.

No he's not.

Having Romeus over Quinn is fine. Romeus has proven more, he holds the gap better, plays the run better, and arguably has a more varied pass rush repertoire. Quinn is the better athlete.

descendency
08-30-2010, 09:00 PM
I wonder how many NFL head coaches care if you cheat on tests and such.

princefielder28
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, but Quinn fits Tampa's defense way better. Quinn is what we need for our scheme. The perfect specimen. People have been comparing Romeus to Gaines Adams and I do not want him if he does.

I would say Quinn compares to Gaines Adams more than any other end so it'd be appropriate that he goes to Tampa

BuddyCHRIST
08-30-2010, 11:04 PM
I wonder how many NFL head coaches care if you cheat on tests and such.

Not many, but if he were to miss significant action it could hinder him. Anyways I don't really buy into the Quinn hype anyways, he was nonexistant in many big games last year and is really just physical talent. While this has been said about many great DE prospects coming out, I felt better about their pro chances (was always a big Mario Williams fan).

cajuncorey
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
greg romeus is a much safer player like derrick morgan while quinn is like JPP in that hes a boom or bust

Fat_Actor
08-31-2010, 01:16 PM
I would say Quinn compares to Gaines Adams more than any other end so it'd be appropriate that he goes to Tampa

If he is then I do not want him. Gaines Adams did nothing for our team and was a complete bust. Any DE in that draft is compared to him then we should stay away from him.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-31-2010, 01:58 PM
If he is then I do not want him. Gaines Adams did nothing for our team and was a complete bust. Any DE in that draft is compared to him then we should stay away from him.

Adams didn't bust because he was a poor athlete, he busted because of a lack of dedication (which was a concern prior to the draft). Maybe you can draw similar concerns to Quinn, but him being as good an athlete as Adams is far from a bad thing.

Day One Pick
08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
After the season is over Romeus might not be considered the best DE on his team. I'm not predicting Romeus won't have a great year, because I think he will. Stay tuned...

wonderbredd24
08-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Quinn is a fantastic athlete, but from what I've seen he also knows how to use his hands which makes him scary, which is why I really, really hope he is able to play this season so I can see how he's developed his hands and if he's added any other pass rush moves. I'd also like to see what if anything he brings to the run.

Nalej
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I haven't seen much of Quinn. Who does he compare to in the NFL? Any 34 OLBs come to mind?

regoob2
12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I haven't seen much of Quinn. Who does he compare to in the NFL? Any 34 OLBs come to mind?
Probably Ware with there length and athleticism.

RealityCheck
12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
When was the last time you've seen Romeus in a mock?

keylime_5
12-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Yay for old threads!

RealityCheck
12-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Crap, didn't see the date.

bucsti25
12-22-2010, 10:45 PM
good job on the bump Reality lol

but boy was this guy on it or what?

After the season is over Romeus might not be considered the best DE on his team. I'm not predicting Romeus won't have a great year, because I think he will. Stay tuned...

JFINK11
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Romeus is no longer a first round pick. Injuries and flaws in game will push him to mid 2nd to 3rd. As far as scheme, he appears to be in the mold of a Giants DE. Tampa likes the more undersized speed rushers and thats Quinn. Romeus is much more of a power and speed. IMO I dont see Demarcus Ware or Julius Peppers though when i see Quinn. I think of a larger version of Kamerion Wimbley.

ellsy82
12-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I see Romeus as a 4-3 DE only. Quinn, on the other hand, can put his hand down on a 4-3 dline or standup in a 3-4 and rush the passer.

I would love to have Quinn as an OLB. Total bust or boom prospect, but I'm banking on the latter.