PDA

View Full Version : Ndamukong Suh vs Jake Delhomme

V.I.P
08-30-2010, 07:15 PM
s8mt83ugqDI

Seneca Wallace thinks Suh should be suspended

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2010 2:13 PM ET
On Saturday, Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh grabbed the face mask of Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme, twisted his head like it was a cork in a champagne bottle, and then threw Delhomme to the ground.

On Monday, the man who would have benefited the most from an injury to Jake Delhomme said that Suh should be suspended.

"He already face masked him, then he grabs him by the neck, twists it and throws him down,'' Wallace told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "To me, that's something you can get suspended for, I think. . . . I understand the face mask part. But he horse collared him and threw him down. We laughed about it, but that stuff can get people really hurt.''

We're not prepared to call for Suh to be suspended. But we think that he should be fined heavily, and that if he keeps playing that way he eventually should be suspended.

We also think that Lions fans are glad that they finally have someone on the team who will grab the face mask of a quarterback, twist his head like it was a cork in a champagne bottle, and then throw the quarterback to the ground.

I don't about a suspension, but a fine sounds about right.

thenewfeature06
08-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't want to see that really from Suh but it seems he is as aggressive as can be lol. Delhomme doesn't need his head apparently because Suh cranked it back both ways.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
He should be fined but if I'm a Lions fans I'm a very happy fan after seeing that.

BeerBaron
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
He's going to be fined, probably pretty badly. Chewed out by the commish pretty good too. Very doubtful we see a suspension though.

WMD
08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
UVqRq3wjtSo

CC.SD
No suspension.

I know who I'm taking in a straight fight though.

The ragin' cajun!

CashmoneyDrew
It's probably a good thing for Suh that he did this to the worst starting QB in the league and not a couple of his divisional rivals.

niel89
I think a hefty fine at a minimum, that was brutal looking. Just suspend him for the last preseason game. No one really cares and it won't affect the regular season.

CC.SD
08-30-2010, 07:24 PM
It's probably a good thing for Suh that he did this to the worst starting QB in the league and not a couple of his divisional rivals.

This statement only works because no one is entirely certain who AZ's starter will be.

descendency
08-30-2010, 07:24 PM
HFS. Someone was taking the pre-season too serious. Hopefully he doesn't get invited to a Pro-Bowl...

This statement only works because no one is entirely certain who AZ's starter will be.

Either way, he's still better than whoever starts in Arizona.

CashmoneyDrew
08-30-2010, 07:26 PM

I'll take Leinart or Anderson over Delhommie.

Paul
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Suh Smash!!

V.I.P
08-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Seneca only wants him suspended because he didn't finish the job on Delhomme so that he could be the Browns' starter.

Basileus777
08-30-2010, 07:48 PM
It doesn't get much more blatant than that. He should be suspended a game.

PoopSandwich
08-30-2010, 07:51 PM

Have you seen jake at all this preseason, not like it's the end all but he's playing absolutely awesome.

TitanHope
08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
If he does that to any other position but QB, then a suspension isn't even in the discussion.

I say a big, juicy fine, but if he has to sit a game, I'd support that as well. That was completely out of line. I get the "at the speed of the game, mistakes happen" aspect, but Suh not only grabbed his facemask but tried to Seagal him. Delhomme was down, and the rookie either got over excited about having his hands on the QB and decided he wanted a better hit or decided "Hey, I'm getting 15 already for this. Might as well make it worth it." That kind've stuffed can't be tolerated.

You want your players to have a mean streak, but not do something blatantly dirty. I loved Albert Haynesworth's mean streak...until he was stomping on Gurode.

But as a Titans fan, I probably shouldn't be preaching on ethics... :D

tjsunstein
08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
A thread? If this was anyone but Suh, it wouldn't have been news worthy.

San Diego Chicken
08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
If he does that to any other position but QB, then a suspension isn't even in the discussion.

I say a big, juicy fine, but if he has to sit a game, I'd support that as well. That was completely out of line. I get the "at the speed of the game, mistakes happen" aspect, but Suh not only grabbed his facemask but tried to Seagal him. Delhomme was down, and the rookie either got over excited about having his hands on the QB and decided he wanted a better hit or decided "Hey, I'm getting 15 already for this. Might as well make it worth it." That kind've stuffed can't be tolerated.

You want your players to have a mean streak, but not do something blatantly dirty. I loved Albert Haynesworth's mean streak...until he was stomping on Gurode.

But as a Titans fan, I probably shouldn't be preaching on ethics... :D

I was going to say something similar. Maybe Suh did it consciously so that QB's would fear him. Not that they shouldn't already fear him.

P-L
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Big fine, but no suspension I think. I really don't think there was intent to injure there. He probably went a little to hard on the play and ended up going to far. I'm not for suspending first time offenders, unless it's an extreme case. Give him a hefty fine and if he does it again, then slap him with an suspension.

PoopSandwich
08-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Big fine, but no suspension I think. I really don't think there was intent to injure there. He probably went a little to hard on the play and ended up going to far. I'm not for suspending first time offenders, unless it's an extreme case. Give him a hefty fine and if he does it again, then slap him with an suspension.

I dont think he really deserves a suspension either but a fine for sure... Something like that could have severely injured the player, if that happens in the regular season then I definitely think an ejection would have been immediately handed out.

bam bam
08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
That was awesome. Suh would fit right in if this was the 70's.

robert pancake gallery
08-30-2010, 08:20 PM

http://www.nfl.com/players/jakedelhomme/gamelogs?id=DEL367367&season=2009

I would take 4-5 terrible games over 16 terrible games, but that's just me.

PACKmanN
08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
mans be hatin' on the Lions

Rabscuttle
08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice reaction by Pashos. Just what you want to see when a lineman witnesses his quarterback getting mauled.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Suspending him? Not like he ripped the dude's helmet and tried to curb him. The play was more stupid than anything. You love to see a good hit, but you want it to be a good, clean hit and one that happens before the whistle.

The bigger deal to me in this whole thing was the fact if not for that play, Suh's play in the game was otherwise nondescript. He didn't really do anything.

3rd round rookie Shawn Lauvao had a nice game against him.

As for Delhomme being awesome? He's been effective. No question, but let's not get nuts. Hope it keeps up.

nepg
08-30-2010, 08:41 PM
That a fight didn't break out from that between the linemen is a serious issue if I'm a Browns fan.

Love everything about that clip if I'm a Lions fan, though. Dirty players and dirty plays make defenses good.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Love everything about that clip if I'm a Lions fan, though. Dirty players and dirty plays make defenses good.
Good players and good plays make defenses good.

Shiver
08-30-2010, 08:44 PM
**** Jake Delhomme, **** the NFL's fine happy policy, **** the man.

Suh will not be contained by mere mortals.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Shawn Lauvao being a Samoan God works for me

nepg
08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Good players and good plays make defenses good.

You have to have some dirty to be great.

Shiver
08-30-2010, 08:55 PM
James Harrison, Vince Wilfork, all of the Ravens, etc.

descendency
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Sometimes doing the wrong thing is the only way to get your team fired up. The Lions just saw their rookie 2nd overall pick try to tear someone's head off. It's hard to ignore it and hard not to get fired up about it.

It's a lot easier to miss someone being shoved from behind or a really nice tackle at the line of scrimmage. But when I see the highest paid player on the team (or atleast the defense) hit someone with enough force to go BOOM, I want to do it too.

PACKmanN
08-30-2010, 09:00 PM
That a fight didn't break out from that between the linemen is a serious issue if I'm a Browns fan.

maybe if it was someone being cut, but if its Thomas, Mack, and the other one, i wouldn't allow them to tounch Suh because you need anyone, and everything on the Browns to win

keylime_5
08-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I had mixed feelings about that when I saw it. It was completely uncalled for, but at the same time it's cool to see a mean defensive player being mean like in the old days of real football.

As for Delhomme, I can pretty much guaran-*******-tee that he'll be better than Derek Anderson.

Splat
08-30-2010, 09:11 PM
I thought it was pretty cheap my self, and I'm a pretty big Suh fan.

BigDawg819
08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Black and Blue Division!

Jake should have known better

hockey619
08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=nepg;2273608]That a fight didn't break out from that between the linemen is a serious issue if I'm a Browns fan.[QUOTE]

agreed. suh threw there teammate and leader into the ground and hurt him and they did nothing. no reaction. no one so much as flinched. that team is going no where in a hurry. granted i think i wouldve went over and kicked him if i were a browns player because i think he sucks but hey. still, you gotta worry if youre a browns fan, i really dont see how this can be contrued in a good light in any way.

FUNBUNCHER
08-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Suh Smash!!

LOL!!

That Suh is a mean MoFo!!!! Delhomme didn't get hurt on the play, so I say no fine.

FUNBUNCHER
08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Suspending him? Not like he ripped the dude's helmet and tried to curb him. The play was more stupid than anything. You love to see a good hit, but you want it to be a good, clean hit and one that happens before the whistle.

The bigger deal to me in this whole thing was the fact if not for that play, Suh's play in the game was otherwise nondescript. He didn't really do anything.

3rd round rookie Shawn Lauvao had a nice game against him.

Except a sack a game would 16 for the year. Suh showed decently for a rookie who was doubled almost every play by the Browns.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Except a sack a game would 16 for the year. Suh showed decently for a rookie who was doubled almost every play by the Browns.

Delhomme didn't have the ball

steelersfan43
08-30-2010, 10:53 PM
If he did this to brady hed get 8 games lol

Scotty D
08-30-2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100830/SPORTS0101/8300393/1031/Lions--Ndamukong-Suh-on-hit---I-can-t-change-the-way-I-play-
It's not my job to really worry about whether I hit a guy too hard or not,

"I know this is a different league and you get fined for these things, but I don't know," he said. "That's their decision and something that I am going to have to live with. But I can't change the way I play. If I do, then I am doing a disservice to my teammates.

"Obviously, I am not going to go wild and hit quarterbacks in the head as hard as I can or try to do something stupid. But I am going to continue to play hard. I've slung quarterbacks before and got a personal foul and I've slung quarterbacks before and didn't get a personal foul. That's what the referee is out there for."

<3

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-30-2010, 11:05 PM
It should be a fine, and borders on suspension worthy. It was vicious. However, if i'm a Lions fan, i'm smiling inside. Someone like that has been missed badly.

Bengals78
08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Scotty - **** yes!!! Suh got it right.

Vilma - Should a team lead by Rex Ryan and one that employs the "We are gonna try to hurt him" Bart Scott be one to preach about on-field ethics?

AHungryWalrus
08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Scotty - **** yes!!! Suh got it right.

Vilma - Should a team lead by Rex Ryan and one that employs the "We are gonna try to hurt him" Bart Scott be one to preach about on-field ethics?

That's a completely and utterly ridiculous comment. Why would the team that he follows have anything to do with this?

From now on, any time you say anything else about another team's weakness, or possible character traits, first evaluate whether the team you are a fan of is better than that team. If they aren't, your input is worthless. :roll:

Bengals78
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
That's a completely and utterly ridiculous comment. Why would the team that he follows have anything to do with this?

From now on, any time you say anything else about another team's weakness, or possible character traits, first evaluate whether the team you are a fan of is better than that team. If they aren't, your input is worthless. :roll:

The same reason TH was able to laugh that a Titans fan shouldn't be too critical of another team's on field issues.
Bart Scott has been vocal about being a dirty player and said he was head hunting before.
I dont criticize other teams off-field issues because of the Bengals. A bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black. I joke about Ben and such. And I say they are dumb for it, but I don't judge the team. I have no ground since the team I follow is notorious for it.

I may have made it too personal at Vilma, but I stand behind my point.

AHungryWalrus
08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
The same reason TH was able to laugh that a Titans fan shouldn't be too critical of another team's on field issues.
Bart Scott has been vocal about being a dirty player and said he was head hunting before.
I dont criticize other teams off-field issues because of the Bengals. A bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black. I joke about Ben and such. And I say they are dumb for it, but I don't judge the team. I have no ground since the team I follow is notorious for it.

I may have made it too personal at Vilma, but I stand behind my point.

I am a huge Jets fan, but I do not run the Jets, nor do any of their actions represent me. I disagree with things they do on occasion. As I am sure you disagree with the Bengals.

Because my team has a bad quarterback doesn't mean I can't see when a different team has a bad quarterback, nor does it make my input on that quarterback being bad any less valid.

Suh threw a QB to the ground by his neck. It either was dirty or it wasn't, based on opinion. The Jets have NOTHING to do with this.

Jvig43
08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
If he did this to brady hed get 8 games lol

Rightfully ******* so!

BRAVEHEART
08-30-2010, 11:48 PM
He's the Godamn Suh.

Scotty D
08-30-2010, 11:50 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/fa7q8h.gif

BRAVEHEART
08-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Where's the O-line at?

Scotty D
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Where's the O-line at?

Not a single Brown came to defend Delhomme. Good sign for the Browns?

xxxxxxxx
08-30-2010, 11:57 PM

I second this. He f*cked him up. Go cry Delhomme.

Stash
08-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I like it and so should Lions fans. Of course if that was my QB I would be upset.

El Peefs?????
08-31-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope Suh rips the head off of every ******* QB in the NFC North.

nepg
08-31-2010, 12:06 AM
He's the Godamn Suh.

What, are you dense? Are you ******** or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Suh.

yourfavestoner
08-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Chaos N. Suh

Bengals78
08-31-2010, 12:09 AM
He's the SUH, *****!

He is the embodiment of a Boy Named Sue.

nepg
08-31-2010, 12:11 AM

Even Stafford?

Chaos N. Suh...The Head Ripper!

Bengals78
08-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Even Stafford?

Chaos N. Suh...The Head Ripper!

Stafford would just grow 2 more.

BRAVEHEART
08-31-2010, 12:29 AM
What, are you dense? Are you ******** or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Suh.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nepg again.

Goddamn Suh

BigDawg819
08-31-2010, 12:54 AM

I don't have Aaron Rodgers on any fantasy team ( =( ) so I approve this message

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Delhomme didn't have the ball

Delhomme DID have the ball until Suh cracked the vertebrae in his neck.

LonghornsLegend
08-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Where's the O-line at?

What happened to the good ol' days?

YXEjXVmnAv4

TitansCJftw
08-31-2010, 01:21 AM
kill kill annihilate

Saints-Tigers
08-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Kyle Turley, oh how I miss you. The things I'd do to have Roaf/Turley back as our book ends.

Scotty D
08-31-2010, 01:40 AM
http://twitter.com/ndamukong_suh/status/22485169539
RT @QBKILLA @ndamukong_suh u ok Big Boy!! U can't Take the QB's Head Home with U!!! Must Leave it Intact!! Haha I got u!!! #detroit

Warren Sapp on Suh's twitter page.

SenorGato
08-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Holy crap that guy is going to be good. Dirty shot but he absolutely ripped that O-line.

Madden D-line: Mario Williams - Haloti Ngata - Suh

BlindSite
08-31-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't care what anyone says it's a ******* dick move. Delhomme is probably the nicest human being in the universe and it's pretty stupid to do what he did. The fact that none of the browns Olinemen had the balls to back him up and come to his defense is worse.

Brown Leader
08-31-2010, 03:14 AM
Holy crap that guy is going to be good. Dirty shot but he absolutely ripped that O-line.

Madden D-line: Mario Williams - Haloti Ngata - Suh
Haha sarcasm I hope. It was more out of frustration then anything else.You obviously didn't watch the game-probably playing Madden.

I don't care what anyone says it's a ******* dick move. Delhomme is probably the nicest human being in the universe and it's pretty stupid to do what he did. The fact that none of the browns Olinemen had the balls to back him up and come to his defense is worse.

Agreed. That's a cheap shot-simply as that. It doesn't matter who it is or what team you root for. If your guy destroys the QB with a sack, puts him on the sideline then he's a bad ************-that was just a meaningless cheap shot in a preseason game by a guy who's trying to live up to his hype ...and coming up short so far.

descendency
08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Not a single Brown came to defend Delhomme. Good sign for the Browns?

Bad sign for Delhomme at least. If someone did that to Tom Brady, Steven Neal would rip his head off.

LonghornsLegend
08-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Agreed. That's a cheap shot-simply as that. It doesn't matter who it is or what team you root for. If your guy destroys the QB with a sack, puts him on the sideline then he's a bad ************-that was just a meaningless cheap shot in a preseason game by a guy who's trying to live up to his hype ...and coming up short so far.

Aahahahahahaahhaha.

OMG he doesn't have 11 sacks by the 3rd pre-season game bust!11!!!!1

OMG I totally can't believe the Lions took a bust that high, he's so disappointing at this point it's not even funny.

J-Mike88
08-31-2010, 09:13 AM
What happened to the good ol' days?
YXEjXVmnAv4
+ Rep for Turley there. After seeing the replay and what the Jets DB did to the head of Brooks, I hope the Saints gave Kyle some bonus $ and the week off of practice that week. That's loyalty right there. Who was that punk on the Jets who did that?

descendency
08-31-2010, 09:56 AM
+ Rep for Turley there. After seeing the replay and what the Jets DB did to the head of Brooks, I hope the Saints gave Kyle some bonus $ and the week off of practice that week. That's loyalty right there. Who was that punk on the Jets who did that?

Wikipedia:
Turley is widely remembered for what occurred on November 4, 2001 in the Louisiana Superdome. The Saints were trailing the New York Jets 16-9 late in the fourth quarter, but were driving deep into opposition territory. After a scramble, quarterback Aaron Brooks was tackled at the six yard line where Jets defender Damien Robinson viciously grabbed his facemask and started to bend Brooks backwards. Turley proceeded to grab Robinson's hand's and forced him to let go of Brooks, before picking him up by the facemask and tackling him to the ground as referees and players from both teams tried to separate them. Turley emerged from the ensuing scrum with Robinson's helmet and proceeded to fling it across the field before giving an obscene gesture. Robinson and Turley received off-setting personal fouls for the initial incident, but Turley was ejected from the game and assessed an additional personal foul penalty for the obscene gesture, costing the Saints any chance at tying the game. Saints head coach Jim Haslett said he considered cutting Turley following the game but later rescinded his statement after discussing the incident with him and reviewing the game tape. Turley was ultimately fined $25,000 by the Saints Organization for conduct detrimental to the team while Robinson was fined $20,000 by the NFL. Turley said in his defense that he thought Robinson was about to break his quarterback's neck.

K Train
08-31-2010, 09:58 AM
i love it personally. ive always loved suh as a player and the fact that he is committing personal fouls and holding out for more money after being portrayed as this humble little choir boy....its awesome. hes gonna be so badass

K Train
08-31-2010, 10:00 AM

cosigned!!!!!

FlyingElvis
08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
I didn't think it was so bad when I watched the game. But, reviewing it now, Jake's knees were already down and the twist & slam throwing him to the ground was completely unnecessary. Definitely worthy of a big fine.

I also agree that Lions fans should love to see the intensity.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
The face mask wasn't intentional as he kind of jump and ended up grabbing it, the ripping down obviously was more intentionla. He thought Delhomme had the ball still though per what Suh said. I really hope he destroys some QBs with his non stop death motor. You hear that... Thats sound of Rodgers,Favre and Cutler crapping their pants out of fear simultaneously.

K Train
08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
i just watched it again....******* awesome. throwing a guy down like that is just part of football, the facemask/headlock might be fine worthy but you are certainly allowed to throw a ball carrier down, he just didnt have the ball lol

J-Mike88
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
The face mask wasn't intentional as he kind of jump and ended up grabbing it, the ripping down obviously was more intentionla. He thought Delhomme had the ball still though per what Suh said. I really hope he destroys some QBs with his non stop death motor. You hear that... Thats sound of Rodgers,Favre and Cutler crapping their pants out of fear simultaneously.
Cheesehead Nation won't mind seeing Suh throwing Favre around and down like a whiny, b*tchy ragdoll.

Brown Leader
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Aahahahahahaahhaha.

OMG he doesn't have 11 sacks by the 3rd pre-season game bust!11!!!!1

OMG I totally can't believe the Lions took a bust that high, he's so disappointing at this point it's not even funny.

Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype. But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?

wonderbredd24
08-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm just a fan of clean hits when both guys get up. They are usually the most vicious looking anyway like when Sheldon Brown exploded Reggie Bush. If Suh hit Delhomme like he does in his commercial or the Sports Science clip, more power to him, but that hit was just dumb.

K Train
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype. But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?

he simply over powered everyone in college. i wasnt really expecting him to do that from day one in the pros, hes gotta become much more technical. hell i saw trai ******* essex handle him in the first preseason game. i guarantee i can throw up more on the bench than essex, hes probably the weakest interior linemen in the league, hes a 330 pound finesse player....but suh will come around when his game gets tightened up

wonderbredd24
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM

I don't even remember who the second preseason game was against with the Lions, but Suh, Vanden Bosch, and Avril were getting after it which made the Browns-Lions game a quality test for both lines. The Browns just have a quality offensive line and he was mostly neutralized.

Corey Williams still sucks

yourfavestoner
08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't even remember who the second preseason game was against with the Lions, but Suh, Vanden Bosch, and Avril were getting after it which made the Browns-Lions game a quality test for both lines. The Browns just have a quality offensive line and he was mostly neutralized.

Corey Williams still sucks

Ha, I remember Corey Williams.

******* Phil Savage man....dude got to spend like a drunken sailor at port for a weekend and came back with absolutely nothing to show for it.

P-L
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
One of three things I think: You either missed much of the Detroit-Denver game, you weren't paying much attention to #90 during that game, or you think spending much of the day in the opposing team's backfield and freeing up defensive ends to get pressure is "underwhelming."

I've been impressed by Suh so far. He hasn't dominated consistently or played like an all-pro, but I can't complain. He barely played at all against Pittsburgh, but was very impressive against the Broncos. I thought he played well against the Browns. He didn't dominate one-on-ones but drew his fair share of double teams. He signed late and barely played in the first preseason game. I'm not about to start worrying because he didn't dominate the world in his first large amount of playing time in his NFL career.

wonderbredd24
08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Ha, I remember Corey Williams.

******* Phil Savage man....dude got to spend like a drunken sailor at port for a weekend and came back with absolutely nothing to show for it.

He did a few good things... Joe Thomas, Eric Wright, Shaun Rogers, Lawrence Vickers, and Athyba Rubin. Corey Williams though... ugh.

But what's really funny about Savage is that Chris Mortensen, when he comes on Cleveland radio, will talk about how Savage was just about to turn the corner as a GM and was gonna come into his own...

LonghornsLegend
08-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Amusing yourself?:D He's barely began his nfl career but it's all anyone has to go on so far. One of the most dominant college players ever. I've watched every Det. preseason game and I'd say he's underwhelmed considering that dominance and the mountain of draft hype.

Obviously. But it was funny as hell to read someone say that a rookie is trying to live up to his hype, and is coming up short, after 3 pre-season games. In case you weren't aware, he doesn't play RB so he can just rack up a bunch of rushing yards right away, there is alot of technique that goes into playing DT, you should, you know, maybe wait for some regular season games before trying to form an opinion or saying that he's failing to live up to some sort of hype.

But the #1 pick sure looks like a #1 overall pick, even this early on. Nobody's talking bust,that would be funny-talking about those Suh-sized expectations. Everything is there but he's not hit the floor running like I thought he would. Lion fans? how bout it?

Oh cool. So that's the end of the discussion because 1 guy looked better in a pre-season game as a rookie? I love how pre-season is so important to some people.

Shahin
08-31-2010, 02:10 PM
lol @ Delhomme

PoopSandwich
08-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Cheesehead Nation won't mind seeing Suh throwing Favre around and down like a whiny, b*tchy ragdoll.

How about Aaron Rodgers considering your o-line has been horrendous in recent years.

BRAVEHEART
09-01-2010, 11:58 PM
This thread

TEAM SUH

TEAM DELHOMME

Saints-Tigers
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I remember Reggie Bush's first carry in his first preseason. I was positive he was going t o average 28 yards per carry after that, for the rest of his career.

Oh Preseason, you won't fool me again!!

WMD
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/22894429029

$7,500 fine for Suh.

http://media.mlive.com/lions_impact/photo/ndamukong-suh-jake-delhomme-23033653f48f5ff4.jpg

CC.SD
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/22894429029

$7,500 fine for Suh.

7500 well spent

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object/985/18/n2268760570_36342.jpg