PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Bodden done for the year

AntoinCD
09-01-2010, 04:16 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/31/pats-place-leigh-bodden-on-injured-reserve/

This is really bad news for the Patriots. I was hoping Jonathan Wilhite would seldom see the field but it's now looking likely he'll be the nickle back and with any more injuries he could start. Im glad BB drafted Devin McCourty now even though it didn't look as though CB was a need. I goota be honest Im a little worried now about the Pats chances in the AFC East as it looks like Bodden, Warren and Mankins will all miss the season

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM
I still got the Pats winning the division. Brady will return to "Brady" form, he's getting Welker back and Moss is playing for his contract. That offense will carry the team.

AntoinCD
09-01-2010, 08:43 AM
The thought of Wheatley and Wilhite on the field, let alone at the same time, just made me throw up a bit in my mouth

xxxxxxxx
09-01-2010, 09:11 AM
heh, it kills me. when i saw you'd drafted wheatley i was actually really happy, figuring if there was anywhere he'd look really good for a year or two, it'd be NE (given your history for making mediocre players look good [see: branch, deion]). apparently, he wouldn't even look good in my intramural league.

I'll add Asante Samuel to that mix.. Cause that ***** is a SCRUB.

J-Mike88
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
On the positive side:

#1- still only need to contend with Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne, and Tent Edwards or Brian Brohm in the division.

#2- still have genius Bill Belechick

FlyingElvis
09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
ffffffuuuuuuu

descendency
09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
The Patriots are OK. If they can have Deltha O'neal at CB and Matt Cassel at QB, I think we can survive a Terrence Wheatley as a Nickel and Tom Brady at QB.

Shiver
09-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I knew I should have drafted Brandon Marshall.

Nalej
09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
haha... the homer in me selected the Pats D with the last pick in my draft.
... wtf was I thinking? No, I'm not changing it!

Splat
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
This isn't the same DL they had when they could just plug in any CB and not miss a beat.

yourfavestoner
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I'll add Asante Samuel to that mix.. Cause that ***** is a SCRUB.

To this day, I can't figure out why Philly thought it was a good idea to sign strictly zone corner who can only play trail coverage to a ridiculous contract to plan in a man-to-man scheme. One of the worst FA signings ever.

AHungryWalrus
09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
To this day, I can't figure out why Philly thought it was a good idea to sign strictly zone corner who can only play trail coverage to a ridiculous contract to plan in a man-to-man scheme. One of the worst FA signings ever.

...He gets a lot of PICKS!

diabsoule
09-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Ty Warren and now Leigh Bodden. That really hurts an already questionable defense.

keylime_5
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
time for some belichick magic. drafting a CB in round one after all the talk of them needing a TE or LB so bad instead looks even smarter right now (not that it didn't already after they got Gronkowski and Spikes as total steals in round 2).

Nalej
09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Spikes in the 2nd was looked at as a reach at first...
only reason he's a steal now is bc of how good he's looked in preseason with the first team D
I think he'll be awesome but we have to wait for the actual season before we go claiming it's a reach or steal.

I for one, love the pick. Allows Mayo to be more of a playmaker. They compliment each other perfectly

RaiderNation
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Predicted they wouldnt make the playoffs this year.... looks like the defense will be their downfall

descendency
09-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Predicted they wouldnt make the playoffs this year.... looks like the defense will be their downfall

You may be right, but the division has the Bills (garbage), the Jets (minus Revis and potentially Cromartie as well as other players), and the Dolphins (A good team, but I seriously doubt they are better than NE).

NE might win the division by default just as easily as they might lose it. If they can go 11-5 with one of the worst DB groups in the last 10 years of the patriots and a high school QB, then I think they at least are the favorites when they get back an All-Pro QB and have better corners than in 2008.

Saints-Tigers
09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Can't see NE dropping that division just yet. QB play means a lot, and Brady is the only one in the division that can steal games away on his own.

Sniper
09-01-2010, 09:58 PM

The Eagles were coming off a year where they forced a very low amount of turnovers. They needed a guy who could make plays. Too bad it comes at the cost of ****** coverage and worse tackling.

PoopSandwich
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
1/2 my name done already :[