PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

J-Mike88
09-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Living in Dallas, I'm happy I've gotten to see a lot of the Rangers. Great ballpark, great offense (sometimes they go dry though), and some great pitching.

I'm a Twinkie fan, but have adopted the Rangers as my next favorite.

But I have one obvious question that I haven't heard answered in the little bit I listen to 103.3, the Ticket, and the Fan because every time I tune in, they're talking abot either the Cowboys, or non-sports bullsh**.

Why do they have CJ Wilson & Cliff Lee back-to-back in the rotation instead of mixing the L-R-L-R-R rotation?

This must be easy & obvious, so someone please clue me in.

xxxxxxxx
09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
**** baseball.

J-Mike88
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Another nice win tonight, this time in Kansas City, without Hamilton.

Rangers vs Yankees NL Championship Series?

D-Unit
09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I love the Rangers.

LonghornsLegend
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I live right by the ballpark, go see a few games a year, but it's painful to try and be a Rangers fan. Everytime we get a division lead it gets crumbled away late in the season, and everytime we have a player to build around he gets traded away.

Maybe this year is different, lead looks big enough to hold, but Cliff Lee looks like he just quit on the season already and can't wait to leave, so I don't know.

D-Unit
09-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't think Cliff Lee quit on the Rangers. His past few starts have been rough, but he has been mostly a victim of bat hitting support and poor bullpen support. Not many pitchers can pitch like he can in that Arlington park.

Macarthur
09-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Living in Dallas, I'm happy I've gotten to see a lot of the Rangers. Great ballpark, great offense (sometimes they go dry though), and some great pitching.

I'm a Twinkie fan, but have adopted the Rangers as my next favorite.

But I have one obvious question that I haven't heard answered in the little bit I listen to 103.3, the Ticket, and the Fan because every time I tune in, they're talking abot either the Cowboys, or non-sports bullsh**.

Why do they have CJ Wilson & Cliff Lee back-to-back in the rotation instead of mixing the L-R-L-R-R rotation?

This must be easy & obvious, so someone please clue me in.

They have stated that they wanted to throw Cliff every 5th day regardless of days off. Therefore, depending on when days off fall, it will mess with the other 4 guys in the rotation. I think once the playoffs start, I think you will see a Lee, Lewis, CJ rotation. I think they will go Lefty, righty then lefty come playoffs.

D-Unit
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I've been incredibly impressed with the way CJ Wilson has emerged this year. Even though it is similar to Feldman last year, I never believed in Feldman's numbers being an acurate indicator of his true self. I feel differently about CJ.

Tommy Hunter on the other hand... I think he's mirroring Feldman.

I wanted to believe in Harden, but he's no better than a #5 starting pitcher.

Next season I want to see Feliz in the rotation... and I hope we resign Lee. I don't care how much it cost.

1. Lee
2. Feliz
3. Wilson
4. Lewis
5. Hunter

J-Mike88
09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I see no way in hell that Cliff Lee stays here next year.
I just hope his back is okay because this team needs the normal dominant Cliff Lee in the playoffs.

If they have that guy, they can beat anyone, Jankees, Rays, anyone.

J-Mike88
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Where my Ranger fans at?

How would you setup the playoff rotation?
3 or 4-man staff?
Lee or CJ first?
Who's your #3 starter?

J-Mike88
10-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Where my Ranger fans at?

How would you setup the playoff rotation?
3 or 4-man staff?
Lee or CJ first?
Who's your #3 starter?
Josh is back!
Now, let him heat up next week.

D-Unit
10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Just anxious to see who we face. Who do you think is our easiest match up?

I hope we face Minnesota.

thule
10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
You will play the winner of the AL East...they can't play themselves in the opening round and Twins have a better record

D-Unit
10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Tampa is hardest match up for the Rangers. I hope they can get through, but I don't think they will.

J-Mike88
10-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Where the hell are all the Ranger fans? Cowboys are 1-3. Longhorns suck this year. Come on now......

How Bout Dem Rangers !!!!!!
-First Time ever, Rangers win a Playoff Series

Cliff Lee sets A.L all-time record for K's in a series.

BRING ON THE EVIL EMPIRE: The Hated Jankees!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/photos/101310aldscelebration/images/101210_rangers_jube001.jpg
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/photos/101310rangersgame5/images/%7Bseqn%7D06.jpg
^ THIS MAN ^ IS WORTH EVERY PENNY THEY ARE PAYING HIM

D-Unit
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
yay.

Nah, really... I am very excited about their chances now. I thought Tampa was their toughest match up. NY's pitching can be beat. Now that I've said that, I'm sure we'll see some unbelievable clutch performances. lol.

Go Rangers!

J-Mike88
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Bring On The Evil Empirehttp://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/RIP%20Yankees.jpg

Here are some nice resources to get your appetite wetted for this game tonight, and series.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/14/2548067/rangers-alcs-roster.html
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/14/2548070/yankees-alcs-roster.html
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/14/2547820/alcs-rangers-yankees-edge.html
Wow, the Yankees get the edge at all 4 infield positions and starting pitching? I beg to differ on the starting pitching. I'll take the Rangers rotation in a heartbeat over the Yankees.

MY SERIES PREDICTION
http://www.athbaseball.com/images/stories/2010alcs.jpg

http://bankruptcyandforeclosureattorney.com/texas-rangers-logo1-thumb.jpg

RANGERS 4
YANKEES 2

http://riveraveblues.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/AP10101311909.jpg

J-Mike88
10-15-2010, 10:15 PM
WTF with the middle relief pitchers tonight?
Ruining a good game by CJ Wilson.
**** Darren Oliver walks 2 guys in this inning, Michael Young tries to Ole the rip by Arod, comes up with air, all that allow the 8th inning floodgates to open.

I cannot believe this bullpen has blown a 5-0 7th inning lead.
My old man called it.... I was wrong. Dammit.

J-Mike88
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Alright!
That's more like it.

This time the 5-0 lead held up, and the Rangers & Yankees head to the Big Apple knotted up at a game apiece.

Lefties Cliff Lee and Andy Pettitte will square off in game 3 on Monday.

Cliff Lee has been as clutch as anyone in the playoffs, but the damn offense needs to give him some early run support or else Pettitte can get on a roll.

I can't stand Pettitte, but the guy has guts out there. Vladimir needs to golf one out of the park off Pettitte.

D-Unit
10-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Lee's success is too good to be true. At some point the batters are going to catch up to him. I hope it doesn't happen though.

J-Mike88
10-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Lee's success is too good to be true. At some point the batters are going to catch up to him. I hope it doesn't happen though.
NOT LAST NIGHT BABY!

Lee continues to dominate, the Yankees...... 8 innings of SHUTOUT PITCHING.

Rangers Roll, up 2-1, still haven't lost a road game this playoffs, are 4-0 at the AL East powerhouses Tampa Bay and New York.

Will the series even make it back to Texas for a game 6?

FORGET THE COWBOYS, let's get on the RANGERS BANDWAGON while there's still some space on it..... it's filling up fast !!!

LonghornsLegend
10-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Rangers are on fire right now, I wish game 1 didn't slip away but it doesn't look like it matters. Yanks bats are cold other then that 1 inning. I hope the NLC game goes deep so Lee can rest and we close out in 5.

I never thought it was possible but the Rangers look like they may actually win the World Series.

Paul
10-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Rangers are on fire right now, I wish game 1 didn't slip away but it doesn't look like it matters. Yanks bats are cold other then that 1 inning. I hope the NLC game goes deep so Lee can rest and we close out in 5.

I never thought it was possible but the Rangers look like they may actually win the World Series.

SsssssssHhhhhhhhh!

pocketaces
10-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Whoever wins today wins the series IMO

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
This thread is lacking some Walker Texas Ranger

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/65255.gif

LonghornsLegend
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Whoever wins today wins the series IMO

Don't you mean if Texas wins they win the series? How would you consider NY a lock to win the series and it's only gonna be tied 2-2 with Texas getting 2 of the 3 remaining games at home.

J-Mike88
10-19-2010, 04:42 PM
This is how I felt 4 years ago when the Mavs were on the brink of winning the NBA title, before D-Wade took over.

#4- Tommy Hunter
#5- CJ Wilson

That might do it?

LonghornsLegend
10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
This is how I felt 4 years ago when the Mavs were on the brink of winning the NBA title, before D-Wade took over.

Don't ever speak of this again :(

D-Unit
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Tommy Hunter is going to open up some eyes tonight.

...hopefully, that's good for the Rangers and not the Yankees. :D

J-Mike88
10-20-2010, 06:05 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=301019110

30-11 The Rangers have ass-smacked the Jankees around in this series.
Rangers are hitting over 300 as a team, the Jankees 198.

And the Rangers are still undeteated on the road in the postseason.

As Lombardi asked one time:
What the hell is going on out there?

Whatever it is, I love it!

CJ Wilson can clinch it tonight and give the Rangers some valuable rest to set up their rotation for the WS.

pocketaces
10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Congrats Ranger fans!!!! I really hope you win this series early so Lee can start game one. Win it all!!!

J-Mike88
10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2010/10/23/05/vladdive.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.JPG
RANGERS INTO WORLD SERIES
Brush Aside the Dark Side Yankees

+ Rep for all of us who were on the bandwagon before this!

J-Mike88
10-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey, enough of the doom & gloom of the Cowboys.
Where are the RANGERS fans here?

Let's rock, starting tomorrow night.

Cliff Lee vs Timmy Weedeater Lincicum.
What a matchup.

D-Unit
10-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Got my pom poms ready! :D

J-Mike88
10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Got my pom poms ready! :D
It's just you and me D-Unit?

Cowboys are on their way to 4-12, and we can't get anymore love in here?
GAME ONE, WORLD SERIES... CLIFF LEE tonight vs LINCICUM.

Come on men, let's go Rangers!

LonghornsLegend
10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I've been pumped for this matchup, I wouldn't miss Lincicum vs Lee for anything, gonna be a good one. Rangers still look like they have a hot bat.

J-Mike88
10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
WTF Matt Cain?

This guy looks like 1986 Roger Clemens out there.

And luck.... Kinsler's blast hits the top of the fricking wall and stays in the park for a double. He's left stranded. Then his next at bat, guys on 2nd and 3rd with just 1 out, he pops up.

Dammit, CJ Wilson should have started game 1 it appears.

Gotta sweep all 3 here in Arlington.
And they can.

D-Unit
10-28-2010, 09:26 PM
WTF Matt Cain?

This guy looks like 1986 Roger Clemens out there.

And luck.... Kinsler's blast hits the top of the fricking wall and stays in the park for a double. He's left stranded. Then his next at bat, guys on 2nd and 3rd with just 1 out, he pops up.

Dammit, CJ Wilson should have started game 1 it appears.

Gotta sweep all 3 here in Arlington.
And they can.
My prediction for Rangers in 6 STILL LOOKS GOOD!!! WOOOP!!!!

D-Unit
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi 5's around the room! The Rangers didn't win, but they still had an AMAZING season to remember!

J-Mike88
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi 5's around the room! The Rangers didn't win, but they still had an AMAZING season to remember!
Yes they did, what a run, and hopefully a stepping stone to more big things next year.

I still can't believe Hamilton laid an egg like this in the World Series, and that they couldn't get any runs again for Cliff Lee.

Lee + CJ Wilson went 0-3 in the WS. That sucks. Can't they ever get these guys some early runs?

J-Mike88
09-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Geat win last night as the red hot Rangers win the homefield for round 1, will host the amazing Tampa Bay Rays Friday night with CJ Wilson on the mound.

Napoli the hero last night.

Verlander and the Tigers have to travel to the Bronx and face the Yankees instead. Watch out Yankees.....

What a fricking amazing night last night in MLB!
So happy the Red Sawks choked.... Evan Longoria, holy s***t !

D-Unit
09-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Geat win last night as the red hot Rangers win the homefield for round 1, will host the amazing Tampa Bay Rays Friday night with CJ Wilson on the mound.

Napoli the hero last night.

Verlander and the Tigers have to travel to the Bronx and face the Yankees instead. Watch out Yankees.....

What a fricking amazing night last night in MLB!
So happy the Red Sawks choked.... Evan Longoria, holy s***t !
Finally, the fun part of the season has begun! Playoffs are never easy, but I hope we can get back to the World Series. I'm happy about facing the Rays rather than the Yankees.

J-Mike88
09-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Finally, the fun part of the season has begun! Playoffs are never easy, but I hope we can get back to the World Series. I'm happy about facing the Rays rather than the Yankees.
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG with the Rangers at Home in the playoffs versus the Rays?
Lost all of em last post-season to that team, and today, CJ Wilson has laid an egg and served up some BP to Tampa.

Very ugly game. Way to A) not hit and B) give up crooked numbers in the 2nd & 3rd inning.

Damn.

Need to bounce back and win game 2. I was thinking the home team might win every game in this series, opposite of last year.

Now I have no clue.

D-Unit
10-05-2011, 02:04 PM
It was a bummer to lose out on Cliff Lee, but what a great job Daniels did in bringing in Adrian Beltre and Mike Napoli, huh? We went from having one of the worse defensive third basemen to one of the best while adding a nice source of pop. ...and while that upset Michael Young at first, Daniels' gamble paid off in the end as Young learned to accept his new role for the betterment of the team. That's a pretty slick GM move right there.

Trading oft injured Frank Francisco for Mike Napoli was an easy win move. Napoli put it all together this season.

Also, upgrading the bullpen at the trade deadline and moving Ogando into relief was brilliant.

Still not over, but you gotta love how smart this organization is looking if you're a Rangers fan.

J-Mike88
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
It was a bummer to lose out on Cliff Lee, but what a great job Daniels did in bringing in Adrian Beltre and Mike Napoli, huh? We went from having one of the worse defensive third basemen to one of the best while adding a nice source of pop. ...and while that upset Michael Young at first, Daniels' gamble paid off in the end as Young learned to accept his new role for the betterment of the team. That's a pretty slick GM move right there.

Trading oft injured Frank Francisco for Mike Napoli was an easy win move. Napoli put it all together this season.

Also, upgrading the bullpen at the trade deadline and moving Ogando into relief was brilliant.

Still not over, but you gotta love how smart this organization is looking if you're a Rangers fan.
I'm pumped as hell.... being picked up in 25 minutes to head down to the ballpark for Game 1 tonight.

Verlander vs CJ Wilson, what a matchup.
One flamethrower, one pure pitcher.
There's a big wind today, about 20MPH constant, bothered my little guy's QB today in his flag football league.
Not sure but I think this wind is gonna be blowing sideways, from 3rd base to 2nd.... but if it's in our out slightly, it will affect the long balls big time.

+REP all RANGER FANS HERE!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the East Coast Yankees, Red Sox, and MONEYBALL Phillies at home watching.
Take that CLIFF LEE!
Philly, buy some more pitchers and DBs and DLmen! How's Nnamdi doing Iggles fans!

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Where in the hell are the Rangers fans?
We had 50,000 strong last night, banged over by rare rain, to the tune of 2 hours worth of rain delays.

But a win over Verlander is huge!

1-0, the Cowboys have a bye this week, and the Rangers can win this series before the Cowboys travel to NE next weekend!

J-Mike88
10-12-2011, 08:11 PM
These ***** are hitting like girls out there, especially Young & Hamilton.
Young has been pathetic, and he's slower than schit.

I'm tired of these guys not hitting. This lineup is supposed to be stacked.

They just blew the 3-2 lead on the Brandon Inge HR.
If they lose, tomorrow Verlander will pitch again and could send the Rangers back here needing to win both games at home. I guess those games would be Saturday and Sunday. What a weekend!

D-Unit
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
These ***** are hitting like girls out there, especially Young & Hamilton.
Young has been pathetic, and he's slower than schit.

I'm tired of these guys not hitting. This lineup is supposed to be stacked.

They just blew the 3-2 lead on the Brandon Inge HR.
If they lose, tomorrow Verlander will pitch again and could send the Rangers back here needing to win both games at home. I guess those games would be Saturday and Sunday. What a weekend!
Baseball is pretty intense. Players are fickle. A lot of luck involved.

Young finally did something today at least.

J-Mike88
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
OK, all I had to do was b*tch and complain about these guys, and finally, in extra innings, boom.
But it was Nelson Cruuuuz again!
What a throw he had to gun down Miguel Cabrera at the plate and preserve the game!
Then the saltaway big 3-run HR!

3-1 now, lose tomorrow at Verlander, and still come home for 2 chances at home to advance to the 2nd straight World Series!

D-Unit
10-13-2011, 01:30 AM
OK, all I had to do was b*tch and complain about these guys, and finally, in extra innings, boom.
But it was Nelson Cruuuuz again!
What a throw he had to gun down Miguel Cabrera at the plate and preserve the game!
Then the saltaway big 3-run HR!

3-1 now, lose tomorrow at Verlander, and still come home for 2 chances at home to advance to the 2nd straight World Series!
Survivors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Unit
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
http://www.sportsgatherings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/texas-rangers-logo.jpg

10 things I think I think about the 2012 Texas Rangers...

1. CJ Wilson will NOT return to the Rangers. The Rangers know CJ is not a true Ace, but there will be other teams willing to give him Ace money. While they would like him back, there will be a limit. Real Ace money would be spent on a guy like Sabathia first. But I don't see that happening either.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Yu+Darvish+World+Baseball+Classic+Championship+jj-Vu-MAcaZl.jpg

2. The Rangers will sign Yu Darvish. The Rangers have already been linked to Darvish as a strong candidate to sign him. They also have 2 Japanese pitchers already there in Uehara and Tateyama who make Texas seem like a comfortable situation for Darvish to transition to the MLB with. The Rangers are comfortable with pitching success in the Japanese league translating to MLB. See Colby Lewis. ...and remember, they chased Dice-K too.

3. Neftali Feliz will join the rotation. It's not too late to turn him into a starting pitcher. He'll follow the path of CJ Wilson before him and give up closing duties to fulfill his real destiny.

4. Mike Adams will be the team's new closer. Adams has been one of the better set up men in the game and will finally get his chance to prove that he can get the job done.

5. Alexi Ogando and Scott Feldman will remain in the bullpen, and Tanner Scheppers will join them. The strength of the Rangers bullpen has been the ultimate balancer to their lack of elite pitching. Keeping it strong will be a priority. Look for a key FA signing here too.

6. Michael Young will be traded. He's the highest paid player on the team at $16M per year and that is a ridiculous number for a DH/UTIL player, even if it is the heart and soul of the team.

To give you an idea how expensive he is, here are the Top 10 Rangers salaries:

1. Michael Young - $16,174,975
2. Adrian Beltre - $14,000,000
3. Josh Hamilton - $8,750,000
4. C.J. Wilson - $7,000,000
5. Ian Kinsler - $6,200,000
6. Mike Gonzalez - $6,000,000
7. Mike Napoli - $5,800,000
8. Scott Feldman - $4,400,000
9. Nelson Cruz - $3,650,000
10. Darren Oliver - $3,250,000

7. FA candidates to replace Young... I think Josh Willingham 1B/OF/DH stands out as the most attractive fit for the Rangers.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Leonys+Martin+Texas+Rangers+v+Tampa+Bay+Rays+gBt8c jbsital.jpg

8. Leonys Martin will provide an immediate impact. He'll either be an early season call up or break with the team out of camp and push for playing time at Center Field. The Rangers gave Martin $15.5M dollars, the 2nd most given to a Cuban defector after Aroldis Chapman. If he has a hot preseason, he could be with the team from the start. There are high expectations for Leonys and the Rangers could really use his speed to upgrade their defense at CF as well as getting steals along the base paths.

9. New Rotation and Bullpen
SP1 - Yu Darvish - Darvish will be paid like an Ace, so his role will reflect that.
SP2 -Derek Holland - Holland took a big step forward in his sophomore season and more will be expected.
SP3 - Colby Lewis - Lewis is really a #3 pitcher who has been tasked to be more than that. This is where he should be.
SP4 - Neftali Feliz - Feliz will be eased into the rotation and could have a lot of success being in this spot.
SP5 - Matt Harrison - Keeping this spot warm until Martin Perez is ready.

CL - Mike Adams
RP - Alexi Ogando
RP - Scott Feldman
RP - Koji Uehara
RP - Tanner Scheppers
RP - Possible FA signing

10. New Lineup
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Elvis Andrus, SS
Josh Hamilton, LF
Josh Willingham, 1B/OF/DH
Adrian Beltre, 3B
Mike Napoli, C
Nelson Cruz, RF
Mitch Moreland, 1B
Leonys Martin, CF

JBCX
10-15-2011, 07:07 AM
An interesting move would be if they were to sign Cole Hamels. I think he's either a free agent this year or next year and the Phillies are too cash-strapped to offer him the giant contract he is going to demand.

J-Mike88
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Great stuff D-Unit..... this team keeps re-tooling and re-loading.
But the best part is they KEEP WINNING THE PENNANT!

What an inning that just was!

J-Mike88
10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Holy ****, the assault continues since I posted 70 minutes ago!

NELSON CRUZ is SUPERMAN !
****, save some for the World Series.
Josh Hamilton, it is YOUR TURN to carry the team with some long ball vs the Cardinals or Brewers.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Nelson+Cruz+Detroit+Tigers+v+Texas+Rangers+AObeCCw eQMXl.jpg

J-Mike88
10-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Once again, I am very disappointed in Josh Hamilton here.
Just a bomb from Napoli last night and nothing else from the team.

But Cruz carried the Rangers in the NLCS. Hamilton had no HR at all.

This guy was the 2010 MVP. He has power.
He needs to come thru and use it. Show it.

I don't mean to single him out. But come on. He is the star here, the stud. Some called him the best hitter they'd ever seen, when hyping him up to start this year I remember reading.

Dude needs to step up, hit 2 or 3 or 4 HRs in this series. Or at least drive in runners when he's up.

LonghornsLegend
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Since D brought it up...Last night made me sick to my stomach btw. It felt like watching a Cowboy game. Eerily similiar.

D-Unit
10-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Since D brought it up...Last night made me sick to my stomach btw. It felt like watching a Cowboy game. Eerily similiar.
Yeah, kind of like watching the Cowboys vs Bills Superbowls, except being on the Buffalo Bills side.

D-Unit
10-29-2011, 12:28 AM
xMuysBVSYXQ

yanksknicks
10-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Oh well, could have gone the other way.

yanksknicks
10-29-2011, 07:41 AM
xMuysBVSYXQ

Dude, you are old. Maxi Priest?

J-Mike88
10-29-2011, 08:54 AM
So f**** close on Thursday night we could actually taste the **** champagne.
Twice.

Imagine the 2007 Packers and 2009 Vikings when Farve threw both away in the NFC Title games at the end, combined with the 2007 Patriots (18-0) at the very end, with the 2008 Arizona Cardinals when they were Santonio Holmed at the end..... that's how bad this one hurt. Throw in a little f*** Scott Norwood, that's the taste and lingering feeling for die-hard Rangers fans.

Most people at my work blamed Ron Washington for Game 6. Others blamed Nellie Cruz for the D+ effort to catch the clincher. It would have been a heckuva catch and taken some ballz going into the wall.
But that was on occasion to do just that. And I know Torri Hunter and Kirby Puckett and Jim Edmunds, they would have made those catches.

Sucks.

Also, I think CJ Wilson may have cost himself millions of $$ by being just a regular arm for 4 weeks when the spotlight was on. He was just a guy, a middle reliever.

J-Mike88
10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
......a year later.....these hitters are P*A*T*H*E*T*I*C

Darvish pitched very well... but with these ice cold chokey hitters, he basically has to pitch a shutout to have a chance to get a win here.

So disappointing.

Amazing the Angels & Rangers, with their loaded All-Stars and big money, neither makes the playoffs even.

The Angels ADDED from last year: Pujols, Trout, CJ Wilson, and Zack Greinke.
That's awful failure, but so are these batters the past week.

Bring on the NHL.

D-Unit
10-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Crazy season. Not having Neftali and Colby hurt.

So are you wanting them to resign Hamilton?

I'm feeling mixed on that. I'd rather spend the money on pitching to be honest. Josh is a great asset... but the dude has no fight in him. His natural talent gets him the stats he gets, but if he had an ounce of hunger in his veins, he would be 10 times the player he is.

J-Mike88
10-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Crazy season. Not having Neftali and Colby hurt.

So are you wanting them to resign Hamilton?

I'm feeling mixed on that. I'd rather spend the money on pitching to be honest. Josh is a great asset... but the dude has no fight in him. His natural talent gets him the stats he gets, but if he had an ounce of hunger in his veins, he would be 10 times the player he is.
I love Hamilton for many reasons, and the overall numbers he puts up are amazing. He'd be a superhero from last year if they had just finished that game 6 after his extra-inning homer gave them the lead.

But no, it seems the fans have already turned on him with the booing of his meak K's and ground outs last night again. I think he's mentally already gone.

Seeing the big-name additions the Angels had this year, not paying off at all.... I just think the Rangers as you said, would be better off spending the money on pitching, young talent, and guys with heart/fight/something to prove.

What a sad fail this season turned out to be jeez.

D-Unit
10-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I love Hamilton for many reasons, and the overall numbers he puts up are amazing. He'd be a superhero from last year if they had just finished that game 6 after his extra-inning homer gave them the lead.

But no, it seems the fans have already turned on him with the booing of his meak K's and ground outs last night again. I think he's mentally already gone.

Seeing the big-name additions the Angels had this year, not paying off at all.... I just think the Rangers as you said, would be better off spending the money on pitching, young talent, and guys with heart/fight/something to prove.

What a sad fail this season turned out to be jeez.
Yeah, no sense of hunger this year. That's the difference. They thought they would just walk into it without giving any extra effort.

I missed that about CJ Wilson. He's got a bulldog in him.

MetSox17
10-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Please, CJ Wilson rolled over twice in the WS last year. And now Josh Hamilton did it this year. I think he knew he was as good as gone, and the team as a whole played their worst baseball at the end of the season. Doesn't help that Ron Washington is a complete 'tard. Some team is gonna throw 175m+ to Hamilton, and i just don't think he's worth that kind of risk.

D-Unit
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Please, CJ Wilson rolled over twice in the WS last year. And now Josh Hamilton did it this year. I think he knew he was as good as gone, and the team as a whole played their worst baseball at the end of the season. Doesn't help that Ron Washington is a complete 'tard. Some team is gonna throw 175m+ to Hamilton, and i just don't think he's worth that kind of risk.
Yeah you got a point there about CJ. He melted at the most important time last year. Darvish over CJ was a no brainer.

Where does Hamilton land if not with Texas... should be interesting...

pocketaces
10-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah you got a point there about CJ. He melted at the most important time last year. Darvish over CJ was a no brainer.

Where does Hamilton land if not with Texas... should be interesting...

Red Sox or Yankees