PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Gilmore - CB - South Carolina

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Is a jaw dropping athlete.

I watched him quite a bit during his freshman year last season and was impressed.

Tonight against Southern Miss he locked down DeAndre Brown which is no easy task. And got some work in on his wildcat formation to show off his athleticism.

Future top-10 pick. Legit lock down cover guy with incredible hips.

murdamal86
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Is a jaw dropping athlete.

I watched him quite a bit during his freshman year last season and was impressed.

Tonight against Southern Miss he locked down DeAndre Brown which is no easy task. And got some work in on his wildcat formation to show off his athleticism.

Future top-10 pick. Legit lock down cover guy with incredible hips.

Crazy how the SEC will have the first CB/DB taken 3 straight years with Berry this past season, Peterson in 11, and Gilmore in 2012.

As far as Gilmore, he's tremendous. Physically he's already "there" and he's still a raw prospect but ALL the tools are there

M.O.T.H.
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Gilmore's been "pro ready" since the first day he arrived. He's not that raw, the guy has been incredibly advanced for this stage in his career. He really is amazing and the sky is the limit. Gamecocks have had some exceptional corners over the years and Gilmore, is as good as any before him. True lockdown potential.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Gilmore's been "pro ready" since the first day he arrived. He's not that raw, the guy has been incredibly advanced for this stage in his career. He really is amazing and the sky is the limit. Gamecocks have had some exceptional corners over the years and Gilmore, is as good as any before him. True lockdown potential.

I think it was his first snap from the Wildcat format in the game vs Southern Miss.

Gilmore makes a cut at full speed that was Percy Harvin like. Just freaky athletic. I remember replaying that play and just shaking my head. Guy is good.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Crazy how the SEC will have the first CB/DB taken 3 straight years with Berry this past season, Peterson in 11, and Gilmore in 2012.

As far as Gilmore, he's tremendous. Physically he's already "there" and he's still a raw prospect but ALL the tools are there

I think he is going to be better than Peterson in a year.

And I LOVE Peterson.

RealityCheck
09-04-2010, 11:10 PM
And this is why we need to end the eligibity rule once and for all.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks good vs Bama from what I've been seeing.

Just got a sack.

He is just a disgusting athlete.

A Perfect Score
10-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I talked a little about him in the Impressive Youngsters thread, but he looks great today as well. Just an absolutely dominant specimen.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I talked a little about him in the Impressive Youngsters thread, but he looks great today as well. Just an absolutely dominant specimen.

He was "jogging" on that kick return and almost broke it.

The nasty change of direction.

I wish I could run like that day.. for just one day.

M.O.T.H.
10-09-2010, 05:41 PM

The nasty change of direction.

I wish I could run like that day.. for just one day.

Haha. Reminds me of the Michael Vick experience commercial, back in the day.

BigBanger
10-10-2010, 02:39 AM
I have never seen him not jog... he jogs so much I have assumed he's just slow, which he certainly looks. Dude is overrated.

RealityCheck
10-10-2010, 10:48 AM
He is one of the reasons the eligibity rule must die burned in hell.

Oh damn, I already said that.

Gilmore is a freaking beast, we know that.

murdamal86
10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
This dude is unreal. Like i mentioned earlier, he's going to make it 3 straight years that SEC CB's are selected 1st in the draft. Who, at this point, does he compare to?

murdamal86
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
So where does Stephon rank for 2012?

AntoinCD
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I have him as a top 10 prospect at the minute but am still undecided between him and Dre Kirkpatrick as to who my #1 CB is

ElectricEye
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
He's a baller for sure. I don't really know enough about how this class will shape up to put him in an exact position...but it's going to be fairly high obviously.

Duffman57
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I have him as a top 10 prospect at the minute but am still undecided between him and Dre Kirkpatrick as to who my #1 CB is

No Cliff Harris?

AntoinCD
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
No Cliff Harris?

I do like Harris quite a bit but I'm not sure I'd have him as high as Gilmore and Kirkpatrick. Love his special teams potential. Some nice CBs next year

Duffman57
05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I do like Harris quite a bit but I'm not sure I'd have him as high as Gilmore and Kirkpatrick. Love his special teams potential. Some nice CBs next year

That was kinda a joke, and for the record, from first hand experience, he's gonna be dropped like a hot potato come interview time. The dude may not be smarter than a rock.

JFLO
05-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I really like Gilmore so far with what he's shown on the field. His footwork is tremendous, great fluidity and he's a nasty hitter if he doesn't get all excited before he trys to lay someone out. Definite #1 corner for 2012 so far.

Cliff Harris is a bit overrated right now if you ask me, he's gonna get bullied in the NFL if he doesn't pack on a few pounds. His return skills are great but he's still really raw as a corner and needs more experience and needs to improve his game overall. He had a mean stretch during 2010, but that's most of hsi stock right now.

Big Bird
05-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Gilmore really is an incredible athlete. If Dre' Kirkpatrick declares as well, we could see two Top 10 Corners. Both also could transition to Free Safety quite easily.

keylime_5
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
gonna be some Patrick Peterson and Charles Woodson comparison for Gilmore. They use him as a wildcat QB quite a bit at USC and he is a playmaker who can return kicks as well. Should be a top 10 pick along with teammate Jeffery.

ElectricEye
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
gonna be some Patrick Peterson and Charles Woodson comparison for Gilmore.

I can see that. I love all these nasty, big corners we're seeing lately.

dannyz
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I can see that. I love all these nasty, big corners we're seeing lately.

Yeah a couple of years ago there were alot of Small WR's/CB's but now there are alot of Really Big WR's/CB's.