09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
which qb gets taken first?

p. manning
brees
rodgers
brady
flacco
rivers

personally, even though i think manning is the best qb in the league, rodgers being almost up there too but 8 years younger would vault him to #1

gpngc
09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
ignoreeeeeee

A Perfect Score
09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I voted Rivers for longevity purposes, since he would appear to have more elite years left then some of the other top names like Manning or Brady. However, thats with a very long term future in mind...if you asked me who I wanted for the next 3 seasons, it would be Brady. An argument could just as easily be made for Rodgers...in fact, I probably should of voted for him. Dammit. I've been drinking...

gpngc
09-03-2010, 12:29 AM
I thought you meant fantasy, like, the game based on stats.

If it's real football, Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the league by far (but you can find a debate in every thread from the past week), is as durable a player we've ever seen, and would give you the best chance to win for the next 5-7 years.

Rodgers or Rivers could play for 12+ more, and both are and will be fantastic players, but neither are in the same class as Manning.

tjsunstein
09-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Aaron Rodgers. It's basically a from-here-on-out question.

GB12
09-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I thought you meant fantasy, like, the game based on stats.

If it's real football, Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the league by far (but you can find a debate in every thread from the past week), is as durable a player we've ever seen, and would give you the best chance to win for the next 5-7 years.

Rodgers or Rivers could play for 12+ more, and both are and will be fantastic players, but neither are in the same class as Manning.

Within 2-3 years both will be in the same class. Or better.

yo123
09-03-2010, 12:55 AM
1. Rivers
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Manning
5. Brady
6. Flacco

Why was Flacco in this poll and not Matt Ryan?

Don Vito
09-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Rodgers for sure.

Shane P. Hallam
09-03-2010, 07:15 AM
It would still be Peyton. If there was a "fantasy" NFL draft, most teams would be looking to win now, and Manning gives you that plus another 5 years.

armageddon
09-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Bradford easily

Michigan
09-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Manning. Win multiple super bowls in the next 5-7 years, and raise a QB for the future during his last 2 years.

AHungryWalrus
09-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Philip J Fry Rivers

Then Rodgers in a close second.

Assuming this is a long term question. Why do I pick Rivers over Rodgers you ask? Because they don't have much difference talent wise, and I simply like Rivers more.

Honestly, though, you only need the 5 QB's. Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, Manning Brady. I don't see who else someone could take. Other than Chad Pennington, because, well, Pennington is hella accurate.