PDA

View Full Version : Trade Talk

Splat
09-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/03/report-sage-rosenfels-traded-to-giants/)

Eagles acquire OL Reggie Wells (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-moves)

Cowboys deal disgruntled WR Crayton to Charge (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3e2cb/article/cowboys-trade-crayton-to-chargers-acquire-seventhround-pick?module=HP_headlines)

Jarrad Page signs tender with Chiefs (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/03/jarrad-page-signs-tender-with-chiefs/) (wants traded)

Splat
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Dallas traded offensive lineman Pat McQuistan (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7960/) to the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) for undisclosed considerations.

BigDawg819
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Frankly with no cap this year I think there are more likely to come as the roster deadline approaches tomorrow. Let's not forget that the Vincent Jackson saga is still ongoing.

J-Mike88
09-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Sage and Reynaud to the NYG for a 5th & conditional pick I think....
Sage got hosed over as bad as any QB in recent memory.

T-RICH49
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
who needs Page?Berry/Lewis are both a zillion times better

GB12
09-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Look for Jason Spitz to be traded before final cuts. Oakland, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Denver and Houston are rumored to be interested.

Timbathia
09-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Apparently Alphonso Smith is available for a 5th round pick.

NIN1984
09-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Mike Lombardi on NFLN said Michael Huff could be available.

LonghornsLegend
09-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Rumors are we have put Barber and Choice both on the block, and are more open to trading Choice.

Really? If we trade Choice I'm going to have to find TH's prom date and punch her in the face repeatedly. That would really sour me on us making the playoffs. Choice is a year away from a big role with Felix anyway.

Besides do we really like Felix that much.

thenewfeature06
09-04-2010, 08:24 AM
You can have McFadden for Tashard and like a 4th...

Gay Ork Wang
09-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Apparently Alphonso Smith is available for a 5th round pick.
hahahahahahahhaha the same that they traded a first rounder for?

LonghornsLegend
09-04-2010, 09:56 AM
You can have McFadden for Tashard and like a 4th...

Lolzz. I'm pretty sure the point of moving one would be to get more picks, not give them up for a guy who is basically the same as Felix. Besides I doubt anyone would take McFadden over Choice, let alone give up an extra pick.

Splat
09-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Colts acquire Justin Tryon from the Redskins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100904_colts_acquire_justin_tryon_from_the_redsk ins)

holt_bruce81
09-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Rams are back in the Vincent Jackson sweepstakes according to Jim Thomas, he'd be a nice Target for Sam.

http://twitter.com/jthom1

M.O.T.H.
09-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd take Mcfadden over Choice. Just because I have a blind love for D-MAC and have yet to give up on him.

Cowboys have denied the Barber rumors. I wish we could move him.

As for trades in general...nice to see them becoming more and more frequent. Who doesnt love a good trade?

Scotty D
09-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Still speculation but it's believed that the Alphonso Smith-Dan Gronkowski trade is player for player and does not include a draft pick.

RaiderNation
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Rumors for the Raiders dealing players....

FS Michael Huff, SS Mike Mitchell, LB Thomas Howard and CB Chris Johnson have all been mentioned to being possibly traded. We have 54 roster spots right now so some move will happen today. Hopefully its Johnson

regoob2
09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Rumors for the Raiders dealing players....

FS Michael Huff, SS Mike Mitchell, LB Thomas Howard and CB Chris Johnson have all been mentioned to being possibly traded. We have 54 roster spots right now so some move will happen today. Hopefully its Johnson
The Bears liked Mitchell. I could see them throwing a 7th out there for him.

A Perfect Score
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
I was under the impression that Huff had started to play pretty well as of late. Raiders fans?

RaiderNation
09-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I was under the impression that Huff had started to play pretty well as of late. Raiders fans?

In pass coverage yes.... run defense and tackling is pretty much the same

Go_Eagles77
09-04-2010, 05:12 PM
JasonLaCanfora
Seahawks acquire Stacy Andrews from Eagles. More details to come
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

geoffmosher
PFT reporting that Seahawks traded for Stacy Andrews

Praise the lord. I want nothing to do with that family any more. What an epic FA bust.

BigDawg819
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Schefter reporting that the Bengals are finalizing a deal with the Jags for Reggie Nelson

BigDawg819
09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Jarrad Page has been trade to New England per Adam as well

Bengalsrz
09-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Schefter reporting that the Bengals are finalizing a deal with the Jags for Reggie Nelson

And it's official.

David Jones (CB) for Nelson.

BigJohn98
09-04-2010, 05:45 PM
YAY YAY YAY!

You guys can take that piece of crap.

Bengalsrz
09-04-2010, 05:51 PM
He isn't very physical, but apparently he's fast and has some playmaking ability. Hopefully Zimmer and company can coach him up and get his tackling a bit better. He is a first rounder afterall.

David Jones is a pretty solid #4 guy at corner. There was just no room for him on our squad, who is pretty stacked at corner right now.

Matthew Jones
09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Patriots have traded a conditional pick to Philadelphia for LB Tracy White.

BigJohn98
09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Reggie Nelson hasn't made a play since his rookie year. Good luck with that.

Go_Eagles77
09-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Patriots have traded a conditional pick to Philadelphia for LB Tracy White.
Very good special teams player. Don't really see where he fits at LB in a 3-4 though.

dan77733
09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
There's been more trades this year during final cuts weekend than I have ever seen at this time in past years but every trade has been for average at best players or for players that teams just want to unload and rather have someone who can help them at another position or a late round draft pick instead of releasing the traded player. I dont even think any player that has been traded for will even be a starter week one. Its basically releasing backups and then trading for backups.

As a 49ers fan, im personally waiting to see if/when WR Vincent Jackson gets traded. I just hope that he doesnt get traded to SEA or STL.

dan77733
09-04-2010, 06:52 PM
And I'll be shocked if DAL trades Barber or Choice. Maybe, its a smoke screen and they're going to trade Jones instead.

BigDawg819
09-04-2010, 06:56 PM
There's been more trades this year during final cuts weekend than I have ever seen at this time in past years but every trade has been for average at best players or for players that teams just want to unload and rather have someone who can help them at another position or a late round draft pick instead of releasing the traded player. I dont even think any player that has been traded for will even be a starter week one. Its basically releasing backups and then trading for backups.

As a 49ers fan, im personally waiting to see if/when WR Vincent Jackson gets traded. I just hope that he doesnt get traded to SEA or STL.

Its an uncapped year so its pretty much a free for all because moves can be made with reckless abandon so to speak.

Brent
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
they're going to trade Jones instead.
that would be, well, batshit ********

Auron
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Anyone have any promising OLBs up for trade? Saints are in desperate need of one... now with Jon Casillas on IR.

We can trade a promising young WR like Adrian Arrington, and have draft picks.

Splat
09-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Jarrad Page has been trade to New England per Adam as well

I'm glad he was a decent player but nothing special for the Chiefs, he just flat out didn't want to be here and would have caused trouble in the locker room.

Saints-Tigers
09-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I will bunch TitanHope's prom date in the face if the Saints don't enter the bidding on Thomas Howard.

Splat
09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
He isn't very physical, but apparently he's fast and has some playmaking ability. Hopefully Zimmer and company can coach him up and get his tackling a bit better. He is a first rounder afterall.

It never fails a first round bust gets traded to a new team and fans think their team will fix him.

Bengals78
09-04-2010, 08:21 PM
It never fails a first round bust gets traded to a new team and fans think their team will fix him.

Benson
Pac...Adam Jones
Roy Williams

So far so good for us.
Pac has looked outstanding so far.
Roy was the leader of our D before his injury.

More importantly than all that, I trust Mike Zimmer and Kevin Coyle to get the best out of him.

M.O.T.H.
09-04-2010, 08:41 PM
And I'll be shocked if DAL trades Barber or Choice. Maybe, its a smoke screen and they're going to trade Jones instead.

Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

But really...they're not going to trade Barber or Choice this year, imo.

Bengals78
09-04-2010, 08:48 PM

If Peerman or Scott wasn't so impressive this pre-season, I would be all for a trade to get Choice or Barber to back-up and split carries with Benson.

I would love a Benson/Barber/Scott backfield.

dan77733
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Trading Jones would make as much sense as trading Barber or Choice. Barber and Jones are injury prone and Choice has played good when given the chance. I personally think that they should keep and use all three which would increase the chances that they all stay healthy.

dan77733
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Same can be said for WR Roy Williams. Oops, sorry. My mistake. That went the other way around.

xxxxxxxx
09-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Felix Jones isn't getting traded... no offense but that was ********... lol my dog knows felix isn't getting traded..

nepg
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Still speculation but it's believed that the Alphonso Smith-Dan Gronkowski trade is player for player and does not include a draft pick.

Should be interesting to see Dan and Rob in the same offense. I wonder if McDaniels' thinking on that was that Dan will step up his game with Rob in New England.

Saints-Tigers
09-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Wow, bunching. I'm not even gonna edit that, I'm just gonna leave it there so my fail is plain to see.

M.O.T.H.
09-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Trading Jones would make as much sense as trading Barber or Choice. Barber and Jones are injury prone and Choice has played good when given the chance. I personally think that they should keep and use all three which would increase the chances that they all stay healthy.

Felix Jones has about as much potential as any RB in the league. Trading him makes no sense what so ever. Barber is just about shot and Choice is great in his role. He's a good back, but more expendable than Felix.

EvilNixon
09-05-2010, 07:58 AM
please give us a 3rd for Thomas Howard...Please!!!!!!

Saints-Tigers
09-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Felix Jones is one of those guys I ranted about recently. He's going to give you decent production behind a poor line, but if you get a monster line, he's going to break so many big runs its going to be crazy.

Bengalsrocket
09-05-2010, 09:19 AM

He just said hopefully. We all know there is a fairly big chance that the move to Cincinnati does nothing for him and he continues to be a bust, but why would he hope for that?

Babylon
09-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone have any promising OLBs up for trade? Saints are in desperate need of one... now with Jon Casillas on IR.

We can trade a promising young WR like Adrian Arrington, and have draft picks.

You could maybe get Aaron Curry for the right price although you dont appear to have a high #1 so that probably isnt going to work. Pete seems to be in a fire sale mode.

Nalej
09-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Mark Clayton sent to the Rams by Baltimore

ESPN

KCJ58
09-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Mark Clayton sent to the Rams by Baltimore

ESPN

O really I wonder what for

A Perfect Score
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Early word is a late rounder. I wouldn't imagine anything higher then a 6th or 7th.

Splat
09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/07/redskins-titans-talking-albert-haynesworth-trade/

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Titans and Redskins have again engaged in trade talk (http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/23235508409)regarding Haynesworth. There is no deal as of yet. Mort says the Redskins asking price of two draft picks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5542035&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines) remains too high.

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't mind Al getting shipped to OAK... yet he could be a problem.. if we stick to that 4-3 him and Henderson would be pretty tough to handle.

Splat
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I think the last thing the Raiders need is an unmotivated player with a huge deal.

Halsey
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Wow, the Titans won't even give up 2 Draft picks for Haynesworth... The guy is a slug when not playing for a contract.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Haynesworth is going to be a bargain for whoever takes him. He won't cost much in terms of compensation, and he won't be owed much either.

I think he's a horrible person, and I can't stand the guy, but I think in the right environment he can be dominant again.

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I think the last thing the Raiders need is an unmotivated player with a huge deal.

Eh.. I mean I understand you logic but a change of scenery and scheme could change things. I would say he is frustrated rather than unmotivated but like I said, I wouldn't push hard for him if I was Al but Id give up a 4th and a 7th...

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't mind Al getting shipped to OAK... yet he could be a problem.. if we stick to that 4-3 him and Henderson would be pretty tough to handle.

Yea, because Oakland is the perfect situation for a player like Al to be motivated to work hard lmao. I can't believe you'd even want to bother. He takes a ton of plays off, doesn't work hard when he's not in a contract season, and nearly every decent player that goes to Oakland quits on the team anyway, yet you want to trade away more picks(already missing that 1st rounder) for that? Makes absolutely no sense.

A change of environment may do him some good, but that scenery wouldn't be Oakland.

Nalej
09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
BB... get him to NE! Have Wilfork tell him to shut the **** up and he can play DE since he doesn't want to play the NT position

Jvig43
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
BB... get him to NE! Have Wilfork tell him to shut the **** up and he can play DE since he doesn't want to play the NT position

OMG I would die, but this will never happen. Plus we still have people to sign.

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Yea, because Oakland is the perfect situation for a player like Al to be motivated to work hard lmao. I can't believe you'd even want to bother. He takes a ton of plays off, doesn't work hard when he's not in a contract season, and nearly every decent player that goes to Oakland quits on the team anyway, yet you want to trade away more picks(already missing that 1st rounder) for that? Makes absolutely no sense.

A change of environment may do him some good, but that scenery wouldn't be Oakland.

I mean run defense could be shaky so hey its a risk. High risk could be high reward but that doesn't always pay off. We brought in some high character guys in Campbell and McClain and got rid that whale Jamarcus but it makes some sense considering our D line has been garbage for awile now.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I mean run defense could be shaky so hey its a risk. High risk could be high reward but that doesn't always pay off. We brought in some high character guys in Campbell and McClain and got rid that whale Jamarcus but it makes some sense considering our D line has been garbage for awile now.

Aren't you set at DT with Houston and Seymour?

I figure you'd need a DE or two more than a DT.

M.O.T.H.
09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Houston is starting at End. Their DTs are Kelly and Seymour.

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I think Houston will be playing DE and DT but Seymour will be doing the same. On our site it has Houston at DE and Seymour at DT.. Henderson is getting a little older now and Tommy Kelly should be shipped though who knows if anybody wants him.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Haynesworth is going to be a bargain for whoever takes him. He won't cost much in terms of compensation, and he won't be owed much either.

I think he's a horrible person, and I can't stand the guy, but I think in the right environment he can be dominant again.

Yup I know for a fact he will be dominant again once he is traded, sucks that he will never be good for the Skins. I blame Shanny slightly for stooping to Haynesworth's level, but Fat Albert is the biggest dck bag I've ever seen and I'll gladly trade him even if it means we are a 5 win team this year. I can't believe this POS after skipping training camp comes out at says, " I actually don't mind playing the 34", and it took you all that time to figure that out. Also who the fck over a year in advance already says that he's skipping training camp next year as well. He's so damn selfish and while I know the Skins are a horribly run franchise even we don't deserve the crap Haynesworth gives us. I'd be pissed though if by trading Albert we can't at least pick up a receiver that can start over Joey Galloway. I'd take a Nate Burleson for him. Hell would have traded him to Baltimore for like a 4th rounder and Mark Clayton, although a D-line with Ngata and Albert just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league.

21ST
09-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Tenn wants him back but they arent willing to give up enough, he is not goin anywhere for the thousandth time

DoughBoy
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Tenn wants him back but they arent willing to give up enough, he is not goin anywhere for the thousandth time

I'm taking bets!

For real though, Jeff and Mike haven't shut down the possibility like they did around draft time. I think this has a better chance of happening than you think 21st ( atleast I hope so). :)

A Perfect Score
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Yup I know for a fact he will be dominant again once he is traded, sucks that he will never be good for the Skins. I blame Shanny slightly for stooping to Haynesworth's level, but Fat Albert is the biggest dck bag I've ever seen and I'll gladly trade him even if it means we are a 5 win team this year. I can't believe this POS after skipping training camp comes out at says, " I actually don't mind playing the 34", and it took you all that time to figure that out. Also who the fck over a year in advance already says that he's skipping training camp next year as well. He's so damn selfish and while I know the Skins are a horribly run franchise even we don't deserve the crap Haynesworth gives us. I'd be pissed though if by trading Albert we can't at least pick up a receiver that can start over Joey Galloway. I'd take a Nate Burleson for him. Hell would have traded him to Baltimore for like a 4th rounder and Mark Clayton, although a D-line with Ngata and Albert just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league.

Ngata, Haynesworth and Cody would be the most dominant D-Line ever. I want it.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Ngata, Haynesworth and Cody would be the most dominant D-Line ever. I want it.

not even close APS

21ST
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm taking bets!

For real though, Jeff and Mike haven't shut down the possibility like they did around draft time. I think this has a better chance of happening than you think 21st ( atleast I hope so). :)

So what 2 picks do u think it would happen for

TitanHope
09-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Wasn't Mort the one pimping Haynesworth back to the Titans along with LaCanfora around draft time? Or was it just LaCanfora?

Ugh, I dunno. Shanny and Fish have great respect for one another. There's no doubt Shanny has told Fisher all the stuff Haynesworth has done. Just depends on if Fisher thinks bringing him back to TN would simmer down Fat Al.

As a fan, I totally wish they'd fork over two midround picks for him. But it's the Redskins wanting to send him off. Not the Titans wanting to get him back (I imagine it's something like a 4th this year and a future 3rd, or a 3rd and a 5th like Jenkins and Stroud were dealt for). The Titans have already invested two 2nd RD picks on the position as a means to replace Haynesworth, so they'll then be investing even more picks by bringing him back and reserving Jason Jones and Sen'Derrick Marks to backup/rotation players. So considering all that, I don't expect a deal to get done soon. And if it does, it certainly won't be on Washington's terms.

Safe bet is to assume nothing gets done. Hope I'm wrong though! I'd love for the DL to become our brean 'n butter again.

Halsey
09-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Haynesworth must know exactly what he can and can't get away with to avoid giving Washington cause to file a grievance against him. They are probably praying he does something that they can use as a reason to get some of the money they paid him back. I gotta admit, Fat Al is pretty smart to have played so many people like a fiddle. He got his money and now he's getting away with being a bum. Hilarious.

21ST
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Wasn't Mort the one pimping Haynesworth back to the Titans along with LaCanfora around draft time? Or was it just LaCanfora?

Ugh, I dunno. Shanny and Fish have great respect for one another. There's no doubt Shanny has told Fisher all the stuff Haynesworth has done. Just depends on if Fisher thinks bringing him back to TN would simmer down Fat Al.

As a fan, I totally wish they'd fork over two midround picks for him. But it's the Redskins wanting to send him off. Not the Titans wanting to get him back (I imagine it's something like a 4th this year and a future 3rd, or a 3rd and a 5th like Jenkins and Stroud were dealt for). The Titans have already invested two 2nd RD picks on the position as a means to replace Haynesworth, so they'll then be investing even more picks by bringing him back and reserving Jason Jones and Sen'Derrick Marks to backup/rotation players. So considering all that, I don't expect a deal to get done soon. And if it does, it certainly won't be on Washington's terms.

Safe bet is to assume nothing gets done. Hope I'm wrong though! I'd love for the DL to become our brean 'n butter again.

It is the titants wanting Haynesworth not the other way around

TitanHope
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
It is the titants wanting Haynesworth not the other way around

Then why hasn't a deal been made?

I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.

21ST
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Then why hasn't a deal been made?

I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.

They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it

yourfavestoner
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.

TitanHope
09-08-2010, 01:54 AM
They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it

There's no such thing as a "set price" in when it comes to a one team market, and even if that were true, it does nothing to support your point that it's the Titans wanting Haynesworth and not the Redskins (or Deadskins, if you'd prefer to continue the "Titants" thing) wanting to trade him. Especially when the report says that it's the Redskins gauging the Titans' interest, and not the other way around.

This is probably how the talks have gone:

*ring ring, ring ring*
Titans: Hello?
Redskins: Hey Titans! You want Albert Haynesworth?
Titans: Sure!
Redskins: Awesome! We want a 2nd Round pick or two midrounders!
Titans: Errr... You talking with anyone else?
Redskins: No, not really. No one really wants him.
Titans: We'll give you a 4th.
Redskins: A 4th and?
Titans: And nothing. Just a 4th.
Redskins: Look, we're really tired of this guy and wanna get rid of him, but if we give him away for just a 4th RD pick after paying him so much guaranteed money and him bitching all offseason, we'll look bad. We need enough in return so the public opinion thinks we were a winner in the trade as well.
Titans: Seems like the two of you are a match made in Heaven. You made a huge investment on a risky free agent prior to a major organization overhaul, and now that's it's blown up in your face and you have a raging locker room cancer on your hands, you're wanting to at least save face in terms of public opinion by having us succumb to your demands despite no urgency on our end to bring him back?
Redskins: I wouldn't have put it that way, but yes.
Titans: Haynesworth's a selfish bastard. You got yourself into this mess. A 4th RD pick is our offer.
Redskins:
http://trygve.kvisle.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ffffuuuu.jpg

It's just a matter of if the Skins are willing to swallow their pride, cut their losses, and decrease their demands or if they decide to go the stubborn route and choose to just keep the guy who'll never give anything more than minimal effort on gameday. I'm sure Skins fans say the Redskins hold all the cards since they have the player and can just choose to keep him if the Titans don't offer what they want, but if keeping him won't bear much fruit and he's pretty much said he's gonna do what he wants to the point of already stating he'll take the next training camp off, the option of keeping him doesn't have as much value.

I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.

I've heard the Redskins are asking for as high as a 2nd RD pick. If that's the case, then I think most can understand why a trade hasn't occurred yet. The Titans reportedly countered with a 4th RD pick. Hopefully they both compromise for a 3rd RD'er, which is the compensation the Titans got for losing AH in Free Agency.

I went as far as to say I'd have been fine with trading our 1st RD'er to get Haynesworth back prior to this last draft. Given, I had no clue Derrick Morgan (My biggest fantasy crush for the Titans) would have fallen to their pick, but it shows how big of proponent of bringing back Haynesworth I am.

Nevertheless, the Titans are pretty well off at DT with Tony Brown and Jason Jones, with Sen'Derrick Marks entering his sophomore season to back them up along with Jovan Haye. Fisher isn't going to make the trade unless it's the right price.

I think Draft picks are over-valued by most people, so I'd be content with practically anything, lol. Rather have Haynesworth than a lottery ticket.

RaiderNation
09-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Id give up a 3rd this year and pick next year for this guy still. Wouldnt it be great if Al pulled off another trade like last year for Seymour and get Haynesworth this year?

Paranoidmoonduck
09-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Assuming Haynesworth isn't looking for another payday, getting him for a 2nd or 3rd is pretty much cake. You don't owe the guy any guaranteed money if he doesn't perform for you and it's totally worth the risk considering the potential payoff.

thenewfeature06
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..

Don Vito
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..

Good riddance

thenewfeature06
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah I can understand, seems banged up alot and even Fred Taylor looks twice the back Maroney is..and it won't really affect that offense too much considering they use 2 or 3 backs.

RaiderNation
09-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now

GB12
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now

Jason Spitz for Michael Bush?

Ravens1991
09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
WIllis McGahee was on the trading block this off season. IDK If he is anymore, Id expect GB To call for him

Babylon
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
^
One would think that A.J. Hawk could fetch them a RB.

thenewfeature06
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

As for Oakland we really need some o line help lol.. :(

Babylon
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

Why not go after Logan Mankins? the Pats like to stockpile picks.

thenewfeature06
09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I mean I would love it but he isn't as old as Richard Seymour was when we got him, so they will most likely hold on to him..

RaiderNation
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Id love Mankins on the team, if he can play LT for us like he did in college for Fresno State. If it takes say a 5th round this year and 2nd/3rd in next years draft I would do it.

GB12
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM

No way over Bulaga. If Bulaga was gone Best was probably an option, but no way we could pass him up.
^
One would think that A.J. Hawk could fetch them a RB.
Any of the backs we could get for AJ Hawk I wouldn't trade him for. Hawk isn't great, but he's a decent starter. We could get by with Brandon Chillar starting and without losing much, but I don't think Hawk would get a good enough return to make trading him worth it.

Sportsfan486
09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Any of the backs we could get for AJ Hawk I wouldn't trade him for. Hawk isn't great, but he's a decent starter. We could get by with Brandon Chillar starting and without losing much, but I don't think Hawk would get a good enough return to make trading him worth it.

This. We could likely get Lynch or Choice (maybe even Barber) for a 3rd or 4th round straight-up.

tjsunstein
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tashard Choice would be great.

boknows34
09-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Vincent Jackson's suspension will be reduced to 4 games if he is traded by next Wednesday 4pm. If not, he'll be out for six games.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/24687083018

So who pulls the trigger for the 2nd best Vincent Jackson ever? Vikings, Rams or Seahawks?

Don Vito
09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
If Jackson goes anywhere I think it will be St. Louis, Bradford needs someone to throw to. They are just setting him up for early failure if they don't get him a legit #1 target.

Splat
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
As long as he leaves the AFC West I really don't care where he goes.

Nikolas
09-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Minnesota is the most likely landing spot for Jackson at this time. With Sydney Rice out for the first half of the season, they desperately need a stud WR.

vidae
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
As long as he leaves the AFC West I really don't care where he goes.

Hah, this, exactly this. Get him out of the West!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't care if it is considered another "Synder move," get Vjax in D.C. ASAP. Santana and Cooley need major help.

LonghornsLegend
09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Tashard Choice would be great.

You'll take Marion Barber and you'll like it!

No but I never bought those Tashard Choice trade rumors unless someone was gonna give up a 2nd rounder which I doubt. He's just been way too important for the offense when somebody gets hurt, and I never understood drafting a guy in 1 round then turning around to trade him for relatively the same round.

I think he was a very early 4th round pick around 100, if we felt a 3rd RB was worth that high of a pick I just don't think a 3rd or 4th rder right back would make sense to trade him.

I really want someone to take Barber though, a 4th would make me happy honestly. Lonyae Miller as our 3rd RB wouldn't be terrible and we know that Choice could carry a pretty big role if all else fails.

Werowance
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
So at week 9 when the Viking get Sidney Rice back they could potentially be fielding a receiving core of Vincent Jackson-Sidney Rice with Harvin in the slot? Jeez.

Also I had a thought while driving today, the Redskins should just straight up swap Haynesworth for Randy Moss.

RealityCheck
09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Also I had a thought while driving today, the Redskins should just straight up swap Haynesworth for Randy Moss.
Yeah, we so need a fat lazy bastard like Albert.

Do the Cowboys really need all 3 RBs?

thenewfeature06
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I can't even have Randy go to the skins.. Id cry.

Mr.Regular
09-16-2010, 06:56 PM

Do the Bills need all 3 of theirs too? They need picks so bad, but would rather hold on to their 3rd string running back.
Yeeeesh we have 2 backs on our team. And one is Dimitri Nance. Stop hogging.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-16-2010, 07:15 PM

With Felix's injury history and Barber just a former shell of himself it would be smart to keep Choice around and not trade him unless the compensation is really nice.

San Diego Chicken
09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Apparently the Chargers would re-open discussions with McNeil if Jackson goes.

I don't like this. It looked like they really missed Jackson on Monday night, and I think Dombrowski might be better at LT than McNeil anyway.

AntoinCD
09-17-2010, 09:27 AM
So at week 9 when the Viking get Sidney Rice back they could potentially be fielding a receiving core of Vincent Jackson-Sidney Rice with Harvin in the slot? Jeez.

Yeah...no thanks

LizardState
09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Choice's trade value may have diminished after the suckage Sunday night.

He was always consistent & dependable when MB3 & Felix Jones were effing up right & left, I guess he was due.

Having said that, Dallas would be dumber than a box of rocks to trade Choice. And if they trade Barber or Jones they will need a high 1st rounder next April to get one of the top RBs in the draft (Ingram, Murray, maybe Rodgers or Devine) to replace whoever they trade -- I can't see anybody dumb enough to trade away a #1 pick

LonghornsLegend
09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Choice's trade value may have diminished after the suckage Sunday night.

He was always consistent & dependable when MB3 & Felix Jones were effing up right & left, I guess he was due.

Having said that, Dallas would be dumber than a box of rocks to trade Choice. And if they trade Barber or Jones they will need a high 1st rounder next April to get one of the top RBs in the draft (Ingram, Murray, maybe Rodgers or Devine) to replace whoever they trade -- I can't see anybody dumb enough to trade away a #1 pick

By just a fumble? 1 fumble isn't going to diminish trade value, **** happens, especially stupid **** your OC lets happen. It still doesn't wipe away what he did in December as a rookie as a feature back vs top 5-10 defenses all month and he's done nothing but get better since then.

I also don't think if we moved Barber(Felix isn't even up for discussion since there is not even the slightest chance Jerry considers that) that we would need a 1st rounder as compensation, or to take a high Rb next year, why do you feel that way?

If we could somehow manage to get a 4th for Barber just for arguments sake, we would have a rotation of Felix and Choice both of whom are young, why again would we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RB? To be our 3rd RB? That's nothing but a luxury, Rb is the easiest position to fill, late round and UDFA RB's hit all the time, I guess I'm missing why if we had a 2 headed monster of Felix and Choice we would need to spend a premium pick on a 3rd RB who plays very little.

If someone wanted to throw a 4th for Barber, I'd take it, won't happen though. Somebody would have to be desperate, if I were GB I'd offer a 3rd for Choice though and see if Jerry takes it. Choice would be a monster for them IMO, especially once it starts to get cold.

LizardState
09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
No I meant some other team would have to give up a 1st for MB3, not that he's worth it but that's the asking price. Negotiations would bargain it down to something like a 3rd or 4th.

Now ESPN is reporting that the Packers are trying to get Marshawn Lynch from Buffalo, they want a starter & a 1st. LB Hawk's name has been thrown around.

Is Buffalo just completely writing this season off already? It seems like they are trading their best offensive weapon although he has considerable off the field issues for a shot at a future in 2011.

Will GB actually trade Hawk away? Are they rolling the dice to keep the SB run rolling? Stay tuned.

A Perfect Score
09-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I think Hawk for Lynch is a pretty fair trade to be honest.

Gay Ork Wang
09-19-2010, 11:06 AM
I like Fred jackson over Lynch. Jackson is a beast

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Did somebody just call Lynch our best offensive weapon? Because I had him rated somewhere between Jonathan Stupar and Ed Wang.

And yes, Jackson is a beast.

Gay Ork Wang
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
how is Ed Wang doing

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
He missed most of camp with an injury. Probably at the bottom of the depth chart right now. There's really nothing to evaluate.

M.O.T.H.
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Anyone want a kickoff specialist, who runs a 4.5 and can lift a mack truck?

tjsunstein
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I will never entertain Buffalo's offer of a 1st and Hawk for Lynch.

dannyz
09-19-2010, 05:19 PM
The Vikings need to get Vincent Jackson bad.

GB12
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I will never entertain Buffalo's offer of a 1st and Hawk for Lynch.

Where the hell are you getting that from?

Scotty D
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Should the Eagles trade Vick before the deadline?

Werowance
09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Should the Eagles trade Vick before the deadline?

Nope. Without him the Eagles back-up is Mike Kafka. Plus Andy is obsessed with the wildcat.

CC.SD
09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
The Vikings need to get Vincent Jackson bad.

Apparently they are meeting tonight and tomorrow to decide whether or not to make an offer. The figures floating around the charger boards courtesy of Hank Bauer is they will offer him somewhere between 4 and 7 for one season, and the Chargers will take a 3rd, basically fast forwarding the compensatory pick they'd get from him walking away.

Seeing how badly the Vikes need him though, I have a tough time imagining AJ Smith not putting the screws to them.

Splat
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Report: Brandon Jacobs will ask for trade (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/20/report-brandon-jacobs-will-ask-for-trade/)

According to a report from Vinny DiTrani, longtime writer of the Bergen Record Jacobs will meet with Giants management Monday and request a trade.

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Geez Jacobs. Are you for real right now? Coming off one of your worst games ever where you threw your helmet into the stands. I don't get it.

bigbluedefense
09-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Trade him to the broncos. Don't trade him to the Packers.

GB12
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Trade him to the broncos. Don't trade him to the Packers.

I was under the impression that Jacobs is now a fat sack of crap

killxswitch
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I was under the impression that Jacobs is now a fat sack of crap

He didn't look fat at the game but the sack of crap part seems dead on.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM
He was never good to begin with. Very over rated, but productive if you have a suck OL. If not, Bradshaw is a MUCH better RB in terms of skill set than Jacobs.

J-Mike88
09-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Interesting side notes:

In 2007, August, Ted Thompson traded a 6th round pick for the Giants #4 RB Ryan Grant.

Now, who were those 3 RBs who were ahead of Grant on that Giant depth chart?

Jacobs
Bradshaw?
Derrick Ward, or someone else?

hockey619
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
If he goes its no loss at all, the Giants have been using him terribly with a lot of stretch plays and asking him to use his nonexistent change of direction skills.

Hes also been running soft the last two years. He got his money so he seems to have lost that passion. He avoids contact and is lookin like a taller less fat ron dayne back there.

tjsunstein
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't want him in Green Bay. I'd rather bring back Samkon Gado or Ahman Green. I despise Jacobs.

PackerLegend
09-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Now ESPN is reporting that the Packers are trying to get Marshawn Lynch from Buffalo, they want a starter & a 1st. LB Hawk's name has been thrown around.

1st and Hawk- **** no
1st - Hell no
2nd - NO!
3rd - no
4th- maybe
5th - yes
Hawk - yes

Hawk for Lynch straight up seems pretty fair.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Interesting side notes:

In 2007, August, Ted Thompson traded a 6th round pick for the Giants #4 RB Ryan Grant.

Now, who were those 3 RBs who were ahead of Grant on that Giant depth chart?

Jacobs
Bradshaw?
Derrick Ward, or someone else?

Grant wasn't good enough to make it in our system. Bradshaw was the guy that was good but needed work in pass protection. Now he has that down, and gotten better, and pretty much stole Brandon's job.

Mr.Regular
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
1st and Hawk- **** no
1st - Hell no
2nd - NO!
3rd - no
4th- maybe
5th - yes
Hawk - yes

Hawk for Lynch straight up seems pretty fair.
They have all the leverage though. We need a RB really bad. This is a Super Bowl or bust year for us. Were going all in.
Buffalo blows and they know it, theyre in no hurry to get anything.

I think Hawk+4th seems fair considering the circumstances. Id possibly go a 3rd rounder straight up as well.

The best would be a conditional pick depending on how many carries he ends up getting or how far we make it in the playoffs.

PackerLegend
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Yea if we have to give up a pick, conditional is definitely the way to go. You just don't want to give up to much because RB is probably the easiest position to replace.

LonghornsLegend
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
If any team trades for Brandon Jacobs I'm gonna have a good laugh, he sucks so bad now it's not even funny. Bradshaw is 10x better.

CC.SD
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
rumor has it the Vikes team plane has been spotted in SD

of all the rumors I've been reading, this is the funniest. go aj, it's your birthday

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NEWS** Source is indicating that Minnesota has agreed in principle to a contract with Vincent Jackson - Trade is almost done

**BREAKING NEWS** Vincent Jackson & Vikings have agreed on a multi year contract & trade is imminent. Favre very happy

@AndrewLiv Yes the only hurdle right now is SD agreeing to a deal with Vikings. Progress has been made deal 95% done. It is up 2 SD now

@abieDweck Vincent Jackson has agreed to a contract with Minnesota Vikings - Deal is 95% done -Still needs work but progress made last 24Hrs

**BREAKING NEWS** The info is like this: Vincent Jackson & his reps have agreed in principle on a multi year contract with Vikings -

**BREAKING NEWS** SD Chargers still are holding deal up waiting for another pick from Vikings - Vincent Jackson reps & Vikings waiting now

SD Chargers really holding up deal for extra draft pick . Vikings ready to make deal but Chargers are using Vikes desperation against them

@Aaron_Nagler Remember the deal is not done until SD Chargers accept the Vikings offer. Vincent Jackson has agreed to sign with Vikings

A Perfect Score
09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
If the Vikings get Vincent Jackson for a 3rd rounder its going to be an even bigger steal then Marshall was for 2 2nds. Ugh.

Addict
09-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why the Chargers failed to get him signed... he must be asking for some crazy money then.

GB12
09-21-2010, 06:01 PM
**** that.

Scotty D
09-21-2010, 06:06 PM
AJ Smith must be so annoying to deal with.

Addict
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM

I suppose so

CC.SD
09-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I just hope we get a decent pick or two out of this. I don't even mind Jackson not being on the field the way Naanee, Floyd, and even (!) Buster Davis have looked. As long as Gates and Rivers are around, the O will remain ridiculous.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM

AJ Smith likes a guy who can't get along with people.

Timbathia
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
If any team trades for Brandon Jacobs I'm gonna have a good laugh, he sucks so bad now it's not even funny. Bradshaw is 10x better.

Can he get a yard on third and one? If so, then we will take him cause that is exactly what the Broncos need right now (watching Moreno or Buckhalter try it behind a patchwork o-line from a power formation is not particularly inspiring).

killxswitch
09-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Jacobs is a power back that doesn't like contact anymore. So I doubt he is what the Broncos need.

diabsoule
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM
The Cleveland Browns have contacted the Eagles about the availability of Kevin Kolb

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=2163&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FantasyFootballToolbox+%28Fan tasy+Football+Toolbox%29&utm_content=Twitter

Werowance
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
The Cleveland Browns have contacted the Eagles about the availability of Kevin Kolb

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=2163&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FantasyFootballToolbox+%28Fan tasy+Football+Toolbox%29&utm_content=Twitter

Tom Heckert loves Kolb

yourfavestoner
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Jacobs is a power back that doesn't like contact anymore. So I doubt he is what the Broncos need.

Yup, he's in full on TJ Duckett/Ron Dayne mode at this point in his career.

HawkEye30
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh tj duckett haha is he even in the league anymore?

Brown Leader
09-23-2010, 02:53 AM
With Felix's injury history and Barber just a former shell of himself it would be smart to keep Choice around and not trade him unless the compensation is really nice.

Barber is one of the most under appreciated backs in the league. All he needs, and the Cowboys need, is for Garrett to give him the carries. Oh I miss Parcells.

That team was built to be a running team-have they all forgotten that?

Rosebud
09-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Yup, he's in full on TJ Duckett/Ron Dayne mode at this point in his career.

Yeah, it really started last year when he was running like he was trying to save himself for the playoffs and he hasn't gotten that ferocity back since. Unlike Duckett and Dayne they never ran mean like BJ, so maybe he can become refocused someplace else, but I wouldn't be surprised if the beatings and injuries he's taken have just broken him and his sense of unstoppability which let him run through so many tacklers.

Barber is one of the most under appreciated backs in the league. All he needs, and the Cowboys need, is for Garrett to give him the carries. Oh I miss Parcells.

That team was built to be a running team-have they all forgotten that?

Barber's like BJ, he doesn't run as hard as he used to and when he does fight for the extra yard it's not as crisp and explosive as it used to be so other defenders get there to bring him down before he can break free now a days. Frankly there's no reason for him not to be behind both Felix Jones and Tashard Choice right now other than the fact that with Jason Garrett it doesn't matter what the RB depth chart looks like.

Brown Leader
09-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Yeah, it really started last year when he was running like he was trying to save himself for the playoffs and he hasn't gotten that ferocity back since. Unlike Duckett and Dayne they never ran mean like BJ, so maybe he can become refocused someplace else, but I wouldn't be surprised if the beatings and injuries he's taken have just broken him and his sense of unstoppability which let him run through so many tacklers.

Barber's like BJ, he doesn't run as hard as he used to and when he does fight for the extra yard it's not as crisp and explosive as it used to be so other defenders get there to bring him down before he can break free now a days. Frankly there's no reason for him not to be behind both Felix Jones and Tashard Choice right now other than the fact that with Jason Garrett it doesn't matter what the RB depth chart looks like.

Except Jones is a fumbler and Choice still unproven as a feature back-and the owner of supreme blunder that could haunt him the rest of his days in Dallas.

But your right. Barber only breaks two tackles nowadays instead of 5 or 6.

thenewfeature06
09-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Kolb is drawing interest from a couple teams.. OAK? Rather have Bruce but J Campbell