PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford named starter

Splat
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Report: Rams won't wait, to name Bradford starter Saturday (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/report-rams-wont-wait-to-name-bradford-starter-saturday/)

Per Jay Glazer, No. 1 overall pick Sam Bradford (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5161) will be announced as the team's starter on Saturday.

holt_bruce81
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
No surprise here.

21/27 for 257 and 3 TDs 0 INTs over the past 2 Quarters + 1 series.

yodabear
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
This is a very sex move!

yourfavestoner
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Edit: wrong thread

djp
09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, he's looked nice other than that first game against the Vikings.

abaddon41_80
09-04-2010, 01:54 PM
This is a very sex move!

I like Bradford but throwing a spread offense QB into the fire behind a bad offensive line with bad receivers is not really a smart move.

yodabear
09-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I like Bradford but throwing a spread offense QB into the fire behind a bad offensive line with bad receivers is not really a smart move.

Yeah cuz with AJ Feely and his broken thumb, we are really gonna go places!

nepg
09-04-2010, 01:56 PM
This move is unprecedented. I am completely shocked.

bigbluedefense
09-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I just hope he doesn't get killed back there.

MidwayMonster31
09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Bradford earned it. He became the best quarterback on the Rams the minute he was drafted. I just hope nothing bad happens to him.

CameronCropper
09-04-2010, 02:06 PM
You don't pay your QB $50 million guaranteed to sit on a bench.

soybean
09-04-2010, 02:42 PM
4 wins im predicting.

Rosebud
09-04-2010, 02:51 PM
No big surprise, but I do worry. I like they're set up offensively outside of their lack of a go to receiver, but that OL needs to play great to keep Bradford and SJax healthy.

PoopSandwich
09-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, he's looked nice other than that first game against the Vikings.

He looked ******* horrible against the browns.

nrk
09-04-2010, 03:22 PM

I agree. I didn't think he'd be ready to start coming out of college, and he hasn't been put in the best position to succeed. I also haven't seen him play in the preseason. At least the Rams can look forward to one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

holt_bruce81
09-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Rams offensive line is underrated, they've spent big bucks on improving it over the years, signing Jacob Bell and Jason Brown to big contracts and drafting Jason Smith and Rodger Saffold to be your two Franchise Offensive Tackles, the group has looked solid in preseason, plus it helps when you have a Quarterback who gets the ball out quickly and doesn't just stand there for 10 seconds.

TheGM
09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
he looks great on tape...the ball comes out fast, he knows where his check-down receivers are, and most important of all Steven Jackson is healthy so he will have a run game to lean on. Don't be surprised if the Rams are a 5 win team and Bradford is the OROY because that division is terrible now that the Card's don't have a QB

Joecool
09-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Man is it just me or are the rams just letting some decent opportunities pass them by? There are a good amout of fa players that could help bradford. Mark Bradley a former ou player himself is a fa wr.

CameronCropper
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Man is it just me or are the rams just letting some decent opportunities pass them by? There are a good amout of fa players that could help bradford. Mark Bradley a former ou player himself is a fa wr.

Why would the Rams want Mark Bradley on their team when they are breaking in a rookie QB?

The guy had a lot of potential, I'm not disputing that, but the only thing he has shown he can consistently do is drop the football.

Nalej
09-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Get him TJ Housyourmomma!

abaddon41_80
09-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah cuz with AJ Feely and his broken thumb, we are really gonna go places!

Not saying that just that it isn't the best way to build of the confidence of a young quarterback when you throw them to the wolves.

d34ng3l021
09-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I like the move. He reminds me of Matt Ryan in his understanding of the game, work ethic, and accuracy. It helped a lot that Ryan came from a pro style offense, so I don't know how rough Bradford's first year will be, but barring injury, it will undoubtedly accelerate his learning of the system.

BlindSite
09-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I like the move. He reminds me of Matt Ryan in his understanding of the game, work ethic, and accuracy. It helped a lot that Ryan came from a pro style offense, so I don't know how rough Bradford's first year will be, but barring injury, it will undoubtedly accelerate his learning of the system.

Ryan had White, Jenkins (who though not amazing is a decent 2nd option), michael turner, ovie mughelli and a very good offensive line even though it started Baker, who it turns out is pretty freakin' good.

The Rams have SJax and a few guys I can't name off the top of my head at receiver. The fact I can't name them without checking google, says more about their team right now than it does me.

I like Bradford a lot, he's exceptionally accurate and has a bright future, but I fear they're throwing him to the wolves a little early. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

wicket
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought Bradford was the only qb on their roster anyway

d34ng3l021
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Ryan had White, Jenkins (who though not amazing is a decent 2nd option), michael turner, ovie mughelli and a very good offensive line even though it started Baker, who it turns out is pretty freakin' good.

The Rams have SJax and a few guys I can't name off the top of my head at receiver. The fact I can't name them without checking google, says more about their team right now than it does me.

I like Bradford a lot, he's exceptionally accurate and has a bright future, but I fear they're throwing him to the wolves a little early. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

There were still some questions about Ryan being a week 1 starter (I myself wanted him to sit for half the season). Back then, Turner was an unproven commodity, the line was green and had cut veterans, and White only had one 1000 yard season.

I think the offensive line is gonna surprise some people if Bradford has any semblance of pocket presence. If the running game can get going, I think the problems at WR can be hidden by Bradford's timing and accuracy, similar to how Sanchez and Flacco made due with a strong running games. But the Rams need to make a move for a target for Bradford. They should go for VJax.

Sportsfan486
09-05-2010, 09:48 PM
There were still some questions about Ryan being a week 1 starter (I myself wanted him to sit for half the season). Back then, Turner was an unproven commodity, the line was green and had cut veterans, and White only had one 1000 yard season.

I think the offensive line is gonna surprise some people if Bradford has any semblance of pocket presence. If the running game can get going, I think the problems at WR can be hidden by Bradford's timing and accuracy, similar to how Sanchez and Flacco made due with a strong running games. But the Rams need to make a move for a target for Bradford. They should go for VJax.

T.J. is a better fit for that team, imo. And cheaper.

KCJ58
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Bradford earned, not it's all in the matter of earning his paycheck, I'm hoping for a big turnaround season for the Rams, Bradford looked solid in his last 2 pre season games against the #1 defense. Go do work #8 I believe in you

Zycho32
09-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I've learned to cringe at the prospect of a Rookie- even the really high-picked ones like Bradford- starting from Day One on general principle.

The cringe comes from the idea that these guys will be thrown to the wolves in a complex position of a complex sport and there are more corpses than champions that litter this specific battlefield (Think of every Top 10 QB selection who started from Day One and flamed out and ponder what would've happened if he had time to sit and prepare first).