Detroit @ Chicago 1PM
Arizona @ St Louis 4:15PM
Green Bay @ Philidelphia 4:15PM
San Francisco @ Seattle 4:15PM
Dallas @ Washington 8:20PM

Monday, September 13th

Baltimore @ NYJ 7PM
San Diego @ Kansas City 10:15PM

Week one is almost here! Football is back! I decided to do this earlier because of the early game on Thursday. Discuss Week 1 here!

Go Steelers!!

Gay Ork Wang
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
i just hope we dont lose to the lions

diabsoule
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I can't wait for Thursday night!

Smooth Criminal
09-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Cannot wait for football season to get started. I'm going to the Steelers game sunday and I couldn't be more excited.

Hopefully Dixon can lead the team, but I don't have much faith he'll be able to put up more points then the Falcons.

Thursday, September 9th

Minnesota @ New Orleans 8:30PM

Sunday, September 12th

Cleveland @ Tampa Bay 1PM
Miami @ Buffalo 1PM
Cincinati @ New England 1PM
Indianapolis @ Houston 1PM
Denver @ Jacksonville 1PM
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh 1PM
Oakland @ Tennessee 1PM
Carolina @ NYG 1PM
Detroit @ Chicago 1PM

Monday, September 13th

Baltimore @ NYJ 7PM

BlindSite
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
]Thursday, September 9th

Minnesota @ New Orleans 8:30PM

Sunday, September 12th

Cleveland @ Tampa Bay 1PM
Miami @ Buffalo 1PM
Cincinati @ New England 1PM
Indianapolis @ Houston 1PM
Denver @ Jacksonville 1PM
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh 1PM
Oakland @ Tennessee 1PM
Carolina @ NYG 1PM
Detroit @ Chicago 1PM

Monday, September 13th

Baltimore @ NYJ 7PM

Sportsfan486
09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
i just hope we dont lose to the lions

Imma laugh so freaking hard.

Shiver
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Thank God Atlanta drew Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger. I think we win. I also like the Texans to beat the Colts and the Lions to beat the Bears as my upset picks.

Giantsfan1080
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
After watching us in the preseason I have no idea what to expect. It's going to make for an interesting season.

09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm gonna cry tears of joy, the season is upon us!

PackerLegend
09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Got to wait until Sunday 3:15 :( Hopefully I will get to watch the Vikings get spanked as well as the Bears before Packer game.

Is Mike, Mike and Mike doing the 2nd MNF game again? They were so terrible last year it wasn't even watchable.

Mr.Regular
09-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Got to wait until Sunday 3:15 :( Hopefully I will get to watch the Vikings get spanked as well as the Bears before Packer game.

Is Mike, Mike and Mike doing the 2nd MNF game again? They were so terrible last year it wasn't even watchable.
As long as Steve Young isn't in the booth I'll be happy.

Cant wait though. This season is Super Bowl or bust for us. Hope we can start of with a bang. Watch Brett get spanked, then roll over the new look Eagles. Its gonna be good.

CJSchneider
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm already all jittery just thinking about it.

General Zod
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Minnesota @ New Orleans 8:30PM Vikes are to injured.

Sunday, September 12th

Cleveland @ Tampa Bay 1PM final score, Browns 6 TB 3
Miami @ Buffalo 1PM Bills wont win many games this year
Cincinati @ New England 1PM NE wins a close one at home
Indianapolis @ Houston 1PM Dont care how good everyone says Hou gonna be, gotta prove it first.
Denver @ Jacksonville 1PM Del Rio's last year at jax
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh 1PM Not without Ben
Oakland @ Tennessee 1PM Tenn wins a close one
Carolina @ NYG 1PM My upset for the week.
Detroit @ Chicago 1PM If the Lions won I wouldnt be shocked.
Arizona @ St Louis 4:15PM See above, insert Rams.
Green Bay @ Philidelphia 4:15PM Kolb gets booed out of the stadium in the first series.
San Francisco @ Seattle 4:15PM SF takes this division with 9 wins.
Dallas @ Washington 8:20PM My other upset for the week.

Monday, September 13th

Baltimore @ NYJ 7PM Just want Rex to shut up
San Diego @ Kansas City 10:15PM SD wins a close one at arrowhead.

keylime_5
09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
pretty confident the browns beat tampa. it is on the road, but we matchup really really well with them.

Timbathia
09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Going to Florida in September is traditionally ungood for the Broncos.

Nalej
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Can't wait to see Pats/Cincy

OchoCinco and TO vs two young CBs
The Pats triple TE set is sex
C.Scott and C.Benson vs Wilfork/Mayo/Spikes
the Pats OLB situation
Randy Moss vs Cincy's stud CBs
Wes Welker!!!

Can't wait... What's up with A.Smith (OT)... he injured? or just quiet this offseason?

SuperMcGee
09-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I think I'd really like our chances if I felt we could put any pressure on Henne, who I am far from sold on. I still think Buffalo can definitely win this game, but I don't know what's stopping Marshall, Ronnie, and Ricky from moving the chains at will.

timewaster
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Jets need to contain Ray Rice a little. Flacco is not very accurate and pretty slow on his feet. The Jets should eat him and his receivers up.

As long as the Jets can limit the turnovers on offense, they cant lose.

Hurricanes25
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Jets need to contain Ray Rice a little. Flacco is not very accurate and pretty slow on his feet. The Jets should eat him and his receivers up.

Easier said than done....

Pat Sims 90
09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Can't wait to see Pats/Cincy

OchoCinco and TO vs two young CBs
The Pats triple TE set is sex
C.Scott and C.Benson vs Wilfork/Mayo/Spikes
the Pats OLB situation
Randy Moss vs Cincy's stud CBs
Wes Welker!!!

Can't wait... What's up with A.Smith (OT)... he injured? or just quiet this offseason?

Andre Smith is the same as always overweight and has not looked good this offseason. He is the Backup RT right now.

Jvig43
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM

Trying to critique Flacco when your Qb is Sanchez is hilarious.

yourfavestoner
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sadly, there are going to be more Tebow jerseys than Jaguar jerseys at the game this weekend. Mark my words.

Jvig43
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Sadly, there are going to be more Tebow jerseys than Jaguar jerseys at the game this weekend. Mark my words.

Could have been one in the same

Brent
09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
wait, people are going to attend a Jags game?

yourfavestoner
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
wait, people are going to attend a Jags game?

It will be mostly Gator fans who have come to see Jesus' return to his hometown. They'll black out every other game.

scottyboy
09-06-2010, 10:11 PM

yea...like that's possible...NOT

Flyboy
09-07-2010, 01:11 AM

Me too, man. I'm leaving work early to watch it... I'm hoping for complete blowout but I have a feeling it'll be a very, very close game much like the NFCCG.

AntoinCD
09-07-2010, 08:38 AM

There is so much wrong with this statement. The Ravens have so many weapons and it's not like the Jets can bring constant heat because then Ray Rice will burn them all day on the ground.

If they limit the turnovers they can't lose? Really??? You think all in all the Jets offense will easily outscore the Ravens to the point you can guarantee they cant lose?

Jvig43
09-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Me too, man. I'm leaving work early to watch it... I'm hoping for complete blowout but I have a feeling it'll be a very, very close game much like the NFCCG.

I have a feeling the Saints will take it to them. Lot of injuries on the Vikes. I can see Farve leaving after a big hit.

prock
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Everyone is hatin the Vikings this week.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
The Panthers will be a great 1st test for the Giants defense. They have a dominant oline and RB duo, and they have a dominant WR in Steve Smith.

I want to see how they defend Smith, and how they play against the run. We'll get a good idea of what this defense is made of in week 1.

Carolina owns us too. Its a great first test.

Carolina's underrated dline is built to give our oline fits as well. Our oline struggles with speed rushers, and Brown and Hardy are going to burn that edge. They have very good CBs too, which will be a good test vs our young WRs.

I'm tellin ya, people are sleeping on Carolina. I have them winning the division. Yes. Winning the division.

Carolina is going to be a great test for the Giants, to see where we stand early.

K Train
09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
giants need to watch out for greg hardy, the man beast himself.

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2010, 09:56 AM

Yea right. Mike Ditka in the booth is a win every time. Mike Golic is really good too, they were awesome together and far from terrible.

I think I'd really like our chances if I felt we could put any pressure on Henne, who I am far from sold on. I still think Buffalo can definitely win this game, but I don't know what's stopping Marshall, Ronnie, and Ricky from moving the chains at will.

You really think Trent Edwards throwing to Lee Evans and no TE is going to put up more points then Henne to Marshall? Not to say upsets can't happen because they always do but it's just always funny when week 1 gets here that everybody thinks their team is gonna win. Especially looking at how much better Miami is on defense.

timewaster
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
If they limit the turnovers they can't lose? Really???

Yes really.

In the Jets seven losses last year all but one game didnt involve 3 or more turnovers. That was vs Miami.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes really.

In the Jets seven losses last year all but one game didnt involve 3 or more turnovers. That was vs Miami.

I just think the Jets offense is mediocre and our defense should be able to stop them more than our offense will be stopped. I don't see us turning the ball over much this year and that is your only chance to beat us. No way you win the offensive battle so you better force multiple turnovers to have a chance. You won't be running on us and you have Mark Sanchez so the passing game won't be to scary.

Jvig43
09-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes really.

Thats because you have Sanchez throwing the football, so saying that ALL you have to do is limit that isnt just that easy. Also, that isnt the only thing you guys have to worry about. Have fun with Ray ray, and Flaccos new targets.

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Yes really.

Love to hear guys talk about their team before week 1. But hey, as long as you guys limit turnovers on offense, you'll go 16-0, CANNOT lose. Book it.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Hell, I'm like the opposite. I'm worried the Giants are gonna lose to the Panthers.

I just have no faith in Perry Fewell at all.

Auron
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Some pretty interesting match ups on the slate for Week 1. Just a few I thought were very intriguing.

Indianapolis @ Houston - I think in order for the Texans to prove they are a serious playoff contender this season, they have get past the Indianapolis obstacle. The Colts are a team that has historically had their number, it would be a major boost for that teams confidence to get the season off with a big division win over the Colts. Although I'm sure Peyton Manning will have something to say about that.

Cincinnati @ New England - Finally a chance to see all of the Bengals new weapons in action in a meaningful game. Both of these teams have strong hopes of repeating as champs within their divisions, how will New England's young Defense respond? and what will Brady, Bellichick have in store for this season?

Green Bay @ Philadelphia - Kevin Kolb era begins in Philly.. will he have a rough outing facing one of the strongest looking teams in the NFC? I think early on every throw of his will be heavily scrutinized because of the guy he's replacing.

Baltimore @ NY Jets - have to wait until Monday to see this one but I'm eager to see how Revis plays after missing the entire off-season activities. This is supposed to be a big break through year for Flacco with the Offensive upgrades... the Jets defense will provide a big test for them. While everyone is awaiting to see how Sanchez makes his jump from year 1 to 2.

Splat
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
With one catch Sunday Tony G will be the first TE ever with 1000 catches.

Fat_Actor
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Picking games huh? Here are my preds. Think I should go 16-0.

Minnsota vs New Orleans
NO: 34-31

Cleveland vs Tampa Bay
TB: 27-14

Oakland vs Tennessee
TEN: 41-0

Houston vs Indianapolis
IND:28-21

Green Bay vs Philadelphia
GB: 37-21

San Francisco vs Seattle
SEA: 17-14

Carolina vs New York
NY: 35-3

Atlanta vs Pittsburgh
ATL: 20-10

Miami vs Buffalo
BUF: 20-17 OT

Cincinnatti vs New England
NE: 27-21

Denver vs Jacksonville
DEN: 20-19

Chicago vs Detroit
CHI: 20-9

Arizona vs Saint Louis
STL: 24-14

Dallas vs Washington
DAL: 35-27

Baltimore vs New York
NY: 21-7

San Diego vs Kansas City
SD: 35-14

Hines
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
For those interested, here is the coverage map for Sunday's games:

http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-1

SuperMcGee
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Yea right. Mike Ditka in the booth is a win every time. Mike Golic is really good too, they were awesome together and far from terrible.

You really think Trent Edwards throwing to Lee Evans and no TE is going to put up more points then Henne to Marshall? Not to say upsets can't happen because they always do but it's just always funny when week 1 gets here that everybody thinks their team is gonna win. Especially looking at how much better Miami is on defense.

Their defense doesn't terrify me.
And don't say no TE. Stupar is better than our #2 WR. Ouch. Parrish looks good, though. Ouch, again.

But I am not wowed by Miami, yet. I admit that the recipe is there for them to have the ball for 40 minutes, but the opener in Buffalo plus some offensive life keeps me from resigning to expecting a loss. I'd expect Marshall to do the same exact thing Moss did to us in Week 1 last year, a game we should have won.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Chiefs are going dooooownnnnnnnnnn

NY+Giants=NYG
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM
giants need to watch out for greg hardy, the man beast himself.

It will be interesting to see how the Tuck, Kiwi, JPP and Osi line works. I think it's called NASCAR formation or personnel.

vidae
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Chiefs are going dooooownnnnnnnnnn

No! It is the other way around!

The Chargers historically (at least recently) start out slow. We might be able to steal one here!

Splat
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
If SD jumps ahead early and the Chiefs are forced to pass it won't be pretty.

lowlife
09-07-2010, 01:43 PM
pretty confident the browns beat tampa. it is on the road, but we matchup really really well with them.

Switch the team names around and you have my opinion (minus the on the road part).

We'll be in the all whites and Cleveland's going to be in those dark browns in what's going to be 90+ degree weather with unbearable humidity.
Crowd noise won't be an issue for Jakey D though, tons of empty seats.

Freeman's practicing without the glove, but who knows if he'll play.
No Talib, so Massaquoi's gonna get a lot of passes his way.
Winslow's going to have a big day against those backers/safeties.

tjsunstein
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Green Bay in Philly. I don't like when we go to the Linc.

Bengals78
09-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Im curious to see how we handle Welker. I assume we will have Joseph on Moss like glue with help over the top from Crocker/Roy.
But I wanna see how much respect we give Welker off the injury and stick Hall on him or if we let our NB or DB line up on him.
Considering Pacman played as a starter most of the preseason and was very impressive, not too much of a downgrade really.

wonderbredd24
09-07-2010, 04:20 PM
I have no delusions that the Browns are going to be good this year and I expect us to pick in the Top 10, but I think the Browns are going to start 2-0 and in order to do that, they have to beat the Bucs.

Tampa's DLine is at a huge disadvantage against the Browns offensive line and our rushing offense. As Ndamukong Suh found out in the preseason, Alex Mack is really good and Shawn Lauvao is no slouch. Gerald McCoy is going to have a difficult time getting penetration. Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas and unlike in the past few years, the Browns have a right side of the line with Lauvao and Pashos. On top of that, the Browns bring Lawrence Vickers who is nothing short of a bulldozer at fullback. The Browns are going to be able to run the ball with Harrison, Hillis, and Davis.

I have no expectations from Jake Delhomme, but I really don't think he's going to have to do to do a ton in this game and then the Browns still have Josh Cribbs which is difficult for any defense to deal with.

Kellen Winslow could have an enormous game... the Browns have struggled against tight ends, but I'll take our corners over Tampa's receivers all day long. Eric Wright, Sheldon Brown, and Joe Haden make an effective trio.

The X-factor is going to be whether or not the Bucs can run the ball. Athyba Rubin is a solid nose tackle, but Shaun Rogers is a question mark to play and the rest of the front seven is pretty iffy, but we'll see what surprises Rob Ryan brings to this game.

And then I'll take our special teams against anyone, for whatever that's worth.

I think the Browns are going to pound the ball the entire game and Tampa's defense is going to get worn down and the Browns will win in a low scoring affair.

lowlife
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Fair assessment. I've run into far too many Browns (and Bucs) fans with little to no perspective. THEY SUX, MEGA BLOWOUT BRUH.

Yes, the young DL is in serious **** with that OL. Take into account that we have one of the worst pairs of DE's in the league and it seems even worse. McCoy and Price have been a revelation in preseason and have been 10 fold better than Hovan (puke) and Sims (puke harder) right away. The way I see it, our front seven is no worse than Cleveland's, especially with our backers. Carnell and Kareem should do well.

Don't come into this game with the preconceived notion that we're running the defense of our namesake. Morris blitzes a lot and utilizes 3-4 and 3-3-5 looks.

I'll take Tampa's secondary over Cleveland's wideouts/TEs. Tanard Jackson would have been to multiple Pro Bowls had he been in a larger market team. Barber is unpredictable in the slot. Talib is out, but there's a young riser named EJ Biggers coming in his place.

Special Teams is a push. We've been in the Top 3 in coverage and return average for the past 3 seasons.

Seems like an even game... blows it's going to be blacked out so I'm hoping some Brownie streams it.

Splat
09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I have no expectations from Jake Delhomme, but I really don't think he's going to have to do to do a ton in this game and then the Browns still have Josh Cribbs which is difficult for any defense to deal with.

He is a great SP teams player but he has done very little as an offensive player, he had 20 catches last year Brandon Marshall had 20 in one game.

I'm not saying he isn't a threat he is, I just think outside of SP teams he is not all that great, he only has 4 non SPT's TD's 2 rushing and 2 receiving in 5 years.

fenikz
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Stephen Williams - 4 catches, 80 yards, 2 touchdowns

wonderbredd24
09-07-2010, 07:52 PM
He is a great SP teams player but he has done very little as an offensive player, he had 20 catches last year Brandon Marshall had 20 in one game.

I'm not saying he isn't a threat he is, I just think outside of SP teams he is not all that great, he only has 4 non SPT's TD's 2 rushing and 2 receiving in 5 years.

Up until this year (hopefully), the guy has had no clue what to do as a wide receiver. This preseason, he's actually looked the part a little bit, but that's not what makes him scary.

Josh Cribbs had 381 yards on 55 carries last year, which is 6.9 yards per carry. 21 of those carries were for 1st downs. And when he's in the game, it's not like people don't know he's coming... he's just that big of a pain in the ass to stop. And we had no passing game whatsoever either.

Ask the Steelers... the dude basically beat them by himself.

Shiver
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't knock Josh Cribbs, he is now Cleveland's biggest sports star.

hahahahaha

Me Likey Rookies
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Talib being out is huge considering he is the best player on our team. Raheem Morris should have the defense ready to stop(contain) the run, his defense allowed 17 ppg after he took over as DC.

I expect a low scoring game with the first team to 20 winning. Our running game will likely be ass again, so its all on Freeman to run around and make some plays.

09-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Oakland vs Tennessee
TEN: 41-0

Seriously? Get real.

yodabear
09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Rams are gonna win by two touchdowns.

Bengals78
09-07-2010, 11:54 PM
As long as both go to SJax, I am ok with that

fenikz
09-08-2010, 02:23 AM
if Max Hall and Sam Bradford played the whole year starting week 1, who do you think does better? Record and Stats

wicket
09-08-2010, 02:42 AM
if Max Hall and Sam Bradford played the whole year starting week 1, who do you think does better? Record and Stats

max hall will have more tds, more yards and more interceptions iyam

V.I.P
09-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Mike Williams - 5 Catches, 96 Yards, 1 TD

Buccaneers win a close one, by 3 in the final minutes.

AntoinCD
09-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Im curious to see how we handle Welker. I assume we will have Joseph on Moss like glue with help over the top from Crocker/Roy.
But I wanna see how much respect we give Welker off the injury and stick Hall on him or if we let our NB or DB line up on him.
Considering Pacman played as a starter most of the preseason and was very impressive, not too much of a downgrade really.

Im more interested to see who's going to be covering the TEs. I'm assuming it will be Joseph and a S doubling Moss, Hall on Welker and Pacman outside on Tate. Gronkowski and Hernandez could be a matchup nightmare for any of the LBs or Roy Williams

09-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Im more interested to see who's going to be covering the TEs. I'm assuming it will be Joseph and a S doubling Moss, Hall on Welker and Pacman outside on Tate. Gronkowski and Hernandez could be a matchup nightmare for any of the LBs or Roy Williams

On any given week either of those rookie TEs is a matchup nightmare. This week I'd bet on it being Gronkowski, particularly in the redzone (he had 4 TDs in preseason), with Hernandez's injury status in question.

Jvig43
09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Meanwhile Gresham is going to be in the same position against us unless Mayo decides to stick with a TE for once.

Bengals78
09-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Meanwhile Gresham is going to be in the same position against us unless Mayo decides to stick with a TE for once.

Gresham will do that to everyone.
Cause he iz teh sex

drowe
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I think the Browns are going to start 2-0 and in order to do that, they have to beat the Bucs.

hard to argue with this.

LOLz

yodabear
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Please don't take away my fan hood. But Hall would: Larry Fitzgerald has more talent than our whole healthy starting WR core does combined. So aka I am saying Hall has more to throw to, prolly a lil bit better defense on the other side of the ball, and the Cardinals did not go 1-15 last year.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't put my money on the Colts. The Colts offensive line is a disaster right now with Charlie Johnson and Tony Ugoh out. They will be starting an UDFA at LT matched up against Mario Williams.

keylime_5
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM

i think i found someone who missed all the browns games last year. stats don't tell the story of how big of an offensive impact cribbs made last year, probably b/c most of his damage on offense came late in the year.

Splat
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/102435359.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQ iU47cQUU

Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson are two of the NFL's top running backs in part because they both have extreme confidence in their abilities.

Not surprisingly, both see themselves as the league's best at their position.

Peterson would be more than happy to debate Johnson on the subject.

“No, he's not faster, stronger, anything," Peterson said. "You’ve got to understand you’re talking to a guy … that’s just the mentality that I have. I have ultimate respect for the guy and he’s a heck of a player. I remember at one point and time me talking on the phone to Chris Johnson. He was telling me, ‘I’m just a big fan of yours. I like your style.’ Some [of the] advice that I gave him was, ‘I play this game to be the best player ever to play the game. That’s my mentality.'"

M.O.T.H.
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Please don't take away my fan hood. But Hall would: Larry Fitzgerald has more talent than our whole healthy starting WR core does combined. So aka I am saying Hall has more to throw to, prolly a lil bit better defense on the other side of the ball, and the Cardinals did not go 1-15 last year.

My fantasy team sure is depending on Laurent Robinson breaking out. haha. Oh boy.

M.O.T.H.
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I honestly wouldnt be that shocked if AD beat CJ in a foot race. I dont think AD is faster, but it wouldnt shock me, really.

CC.SD
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I honestly wouldnt be that shocked if AD beat CJ in a foot race. I dont think AD is faster, but it wouldnt shock me, really.

http://bikevinyl.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

i'm mature

TitleTown088
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.1500espn.com/wtf/images/vikingsposters/week1_neworleans.jpg

SenorGato
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
^^^ That's pretty well done.

Tonight will be the first night of Adrian Peterson's best season. I'm expecting bigger things from this guy this year. He's my pick for OPOY.

Splat
09-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Jets crank up trash talking for start of season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/jets-crank-up-trash-talking-for-start-of-season/

Cornerback Antonio Cromartie (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3671): "We're the Miami Heat of football."

Tight end Dustin Keller (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4721): "This team is basically Super Bowl or bust."

Every time the Jets picked up another big name, quarterback Mark Sanchez (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5192) got a call about it from G.M. Mike Tannenbaum.

"He's like, 'We're picking up another one,'" Sanchez remembered. "I was like, 'Geez! What's going on here? We're building a dream team.'"

"If you doubt me," coach Rex Ryan said, "I'm going to show you and prove you wrong."

"It doesn't matter to me," linebacker Bart Scott (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2229) said. "It's much more fun to be the villain than the hero."
Ray Lewis goes off on the Jets.

"The bottom line is -- and I'm going to be very careful with this -- we're talking about the Jets like we're talking about the Saints (http://www.masnsports.com/dan_kolko/2010/09/lewis-goes-off-on-rex-jets.html)," Lewis said, per MASN.com. "That's the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that's the only people that can be dethroned -- Drew Brees (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=591) and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5192) and the Jets.

"All of this 'We're the Miami Heat of football.' If you're the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers. We're aiming for multiple rings. But you listen to all this yap, yap, yap, the bottom line is you got to buckle up your chin straps."

"The game ain't played through tongues (http://www.youtube.com/user/nicochina?feature=mhsn#p/a/u/0/8jk9IG51D50)," Lewis said. "The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So all this pressure that [coach Rex Ryan] put on his team? I hope they can cash the check that he's writing. . . . [T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it.I can't wait for this game GO B-More!!!

Hines
09-09-2010, 02:15 PM
The Jets are not going to make the playoffs, and I'm going to laugh oh so very hard.

TitansCJftw
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
damn I'm excited the NFL is back bitches WOO! WOO!
http://thumbnails31.imagebam.com/9706/f655da97054021.jpg

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Ray always holds it down for baltimore. i cant wait to hear the exuses why they lost

Sportsfan486
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
The Jets are not going to make the playoffs, and I'm going to laugh oh so very hard.

Rex Ryan is going to claim they are statistically locked into the playoffs week 16 only to be eliminated week 17.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
This game ain't played through tongues.

I occasionally love Ray Lewis.

It sucks that the Jets talk so much, because there are personalities that are worth liking on that team. It's going to be interesting to see that team find out that they're only really a 6-8 win team who will have to be even more lucky to find their way into the playoffs than they were last year.

'He's like, 'We're picking up another one,'" Sanchez remembered. "I was like, 'Geez! What's going on here? We're building a dream team.'"

Mark, a dream team of football wouldn't have you as quarterback. Sorry.

Chucky
09-09-2010, 02:58 PM

in the first quarter.

Bengals78
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
in the first quarter.

All year....

Fat_Actor
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
All year....

Nah, he will have more than that.

Bengals78
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Nah, he will have more than that.

in his career maybe

Sportsfan486
09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
in the first quarter.

With a broken leg and an amputated hand.

Fat_Actor
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
in his career maybe

What do you have against him? He has done pretty damn good in the pre season. So dont hate.

Hines
09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I seriously wanna know where this confidence is coming from with Rex Ryan. Isn't this the same guy that gave up on his team a few weeks left in the season saying they're "done"? I don't get it. If the Colts and Bengals didn't lay down, they wouldn't have been in they playoffs. Now they're this super awesome team? I just don't get it. I think Ryan is more of an attention ***** than Brett Favre at the moment. Sigh.

Hurricanes25
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I seriously wanna know where this confidence is coming from with Rex Ryan. Isn't this the same guy that gave up on his team a few weeks left in the season saying they're "done"? I don't get it. If the Colts and Bengals didn't lay down, they wouldn't have been in they playoffs. Now they're this super awesome team? I just don't get it. I think Ryan is more of an attention ***** than Brett Favre at the moment. Sigh.

He thought they were mathematically eliminated.

Hines
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
What do you have against him? He has done pretty damn good in the pre season. So dont hate.

I guess you don't have your sarcasm glasses on today.

SenorGato
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM

I think I'll laugh a little too. I hate how this team has to boost it's self esteem/confidence/public image by talking. That's not how anything works, ever.

That said, I will really enjoy the play of Braylon Edwards this year. I think he's ready to blossom...It's guys like him and Vernon Gholston (yes...Vernon Gholston) that gives this team somewhat of a soul because...like the Jets as a franchise, they took alot of garbage from people for sucking...unlike the Jets they haven't talked alot to convince people they'll be alright...they've just kept working. Edwards is going to make everyone remember why he was the #3 pick (should have went #1 maybe), set a whole bunch of Big 10/Michigan receiving records, and such a beast in 2007.

Saints-Tigers
09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
"[T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it. "

That's how the NFL feels. No one is scared of the Jets.

scottyboy
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
no offense to Hurricanes (who may be slightly conflicted Monday night), but I can't wait for Raymell baby to stick his large sized male reproductive organ in all the Jets fans and players talking so much **** to shut them up and watch Raymells thighs get men and women aroused all over the globe on national TV

Splat
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I wish Ed Reed was playing. :(

Hurricanes25
09-09-2010, 04:06 PM
no offense to Hurricanes (who may be slightly conflicted Monday night), but I can't wait for Raymell baby to stick his large sized male reproductive organ in all the Jets fans and players talking so much **** to shut them up and watch Raymells thighs get men and women aroused all over the globe on national TV

It's going to be tough. Obviously I want the Jets to win but I fully expect Rice to have a big game and I want him to. The Jets were pretty bad at stopping the screen last year so it would not surprise me to see Rice going over 100 yards receiving considering his sick pass catching ability.

SenorGato
09-09-2010, 04:09 PM
"[T]he bottom line is there ain't no man over there that's just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I'm good with that part of it. "

That's how the NFL feels. No one is scared of the Jets.

You should be. We're the most Rexgressive football team in the league.

Werowance
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM

How could he not be confident? I mean his young team went to a AFC Championship game by destroying the Bengals and beating the mighty Chargers. So he already had that going for him in terms of confidence, his team made a good run.

Then he gets into the offseason and he gets Ladanian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Kyle Wilson and a few serviceable safeties. Add in the potential development of Shonn Greene and Mark Sanchez and you can see where his confidence comes from.

Plus, he is Rex Ryan, he is an arrogant, over confident guy, a trait he acquired from his dad Buddy Ryan. Read some quotes from Buddy Ryan and you could easily picture Rex saying them, for example Buddy was hired by the Eagles and the first thing he says is "We plan on winning the Eastern Division", doesn't that sound familiar? I seem to remember Rex saying nearly the EXACT same thing last summer when he arrived.

CC.SD
09-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Then he gets into the offseason and he gets Ladanian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Kyle Wilson and a few serviceable safeties. Add in the potential development of Shonn Greene and Mark Sanchez and you can see where his confidence comes from.

I like how the Jets are built but I feel like I am the only one who looks at this list and can only muster up a 'meh'.

LT: okay let's not get into it, the bottom line is he will be the #2 rb.
Holmes: Suspended, moderately one dimensional, not a gamebreaker.
Cromartie: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jason Taylor: Done.
Kyle Wilson: Awesome, but let me know the next time a rookie CB does something.

They better hope Sanchez has grown leaps and bounds because the roster is simply not that different from the 7-7 team that got let into the playoffs by the Bengals and Colts.

Shiver
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Sean Payton on Brett Favre last year before the NFCCG:

"When you get older in life, you tend to get very careful, and a little more fearful," Payton said, according to players and staffers who were there. "You start thinking about your own mortality. If it rains outside you might not go to the store, especially at night. You figure you'll just wait it out. You might have somewhere to go and you tell yourself I don't want to go there. You don't want to get in a wreck.
"If you keep hitting (Favre), he'll make a mistake. ... I promise you, if we hit him for four quarters, he'll turn into that old man who's scared of the rain."

Splat
09-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Any time I have watched Favre in a interview since he came back it feels like his confidence is down, like he knows he can't match his play from last year and he all ready knows this is not going to play out well.

yourfavestoner
09-09-2010, 05:04 PM
With that ankle and that ****** offensive line, I wouldn't be surprised if his season is over after tonight. Either way, he's not making it through the year.

Everyone talks about Green Bay's line being bad, but they seemed to get better once they got healthy. Minnesota (McKinnie in particular) just dove off a cliff as the season was wrapping up.

Hurricanes25
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I like how the Jets are built but I feel like I am the only one who looks at this list and can only muster up a 'meh'.

LT: okay let's not get into it, the bottom line is he will be the #2 rb.
Holmes: Suspended, moderately one dimensional, not a gamebreaker.
Cromartie: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jason Taylor: Done.
Kyle Wilson: Awesome, but let me know the next time a rookie CB does something.

They better hope Sanchez has grown leaps and bounds because the roster is simply not that different from the 7-7 team that got let into the playoffs by the Bengals and Colts.

LT: I agree.
Holmes: He is our most explosive player we've had here since Santana Moss. When he gets back from his suspension, he'll add another element to the offense.
Cromartie: He's looking real good in our man to man coverage schemes.
Taylor: I agree.
Wilson: I agree but he should make a good nickel for the time being.

But really it all comes down to Sanchez. He needs to improve.

Hines
09-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I love Holmes and I'm not saying this because of sour grapes, but dude is VERY inconsistant. You don't know if you'll get dropsies Tone or Super Bowl MVP Holmes. Plus he's a major dumbass that can't stay out of trouble. If he had trouble staying out of trouble in little Pittsburgh, I cannot imagine the type of **** he'll get into in NY.

EvilNixon
09-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Rachel Nichols is looking so dope on NFL Live.

prock
09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
With that ankle and that ****** offensive line, I wouldn't be surprised if his season is over after tonight. Either way, he's not making it through the year.

Everyone talks about Green Bay's line being bad, but they seemed to get better once they got healthy. Minnesota (McKinnie in particular) just dove off a cliff as the season was wrapping up.

Yeah, our line sucks. But the refs paying attention to late hits on Favre will help our cause.

prock
09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Teddy Bruschi just took the Saints running backs over Adrian Peterson. How biased is this mother ******?

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Teddy Bruschi just took the Saints running backs over Adrian Peterson. How biased is this mother ******?

I don't know if he is biased with a statement like that I would lean more towards him just being stupid.

prock
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
You can't say that! He had a stroke!

General Zod
09-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Ugh, I got a bad feeling. Basically the entire Vikings secondary is inactive tonight. :-(

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
The Dave Matthews Band is the best they could get?

DoughBoy
09-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Dave Matthews 8====D

DoughBoy
09-09-2010, 07:09 PM

I don't care for you as a person.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't care for you as a person.

DMB is just awful.

DoughBoy
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
You have no soul.

nrk
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I remember when I was around 13, me and a friend were walking back from the movies. Some car drove by and threw a cd at us, and it was Dave Matthews Band. I didn't take the cd even though it was free.

Bruschi taking Saints RB over AD is funny. How many fumbles did he have in the NFCCG though? That could be his reasoning, but I'd still take AD.

General Zod
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Hell this is the NFL, your lucky it wasn't Chubby Checker or Bill Haley and the Comets.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
DMB is just awful.

I'm scarred at how much I'm agreeing with you lately. I hate DMB.

DoughBoy
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I hate all of you.

703SKINS202
09-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Must. Kill. Dave Matthews.

LonghornsLegend
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Stupid may be the better word. They are both NFC teams, what does he have to be biased about?

wonderbredd24
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Can we just start the ******* game already?

brat316
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
God that was horrible why did they have him singing.

prock
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM

It is hard to get good bands to go to such a ****** place.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Guys........ Its finally started. Football season, I am sooooo freakin happy

The Unseen
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM
football ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brodeur
Who the **** is this?

Hines
Since when did the National Anthem have music to it? Gross.

TitansCJftw
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
**** this crap

General Zod
Finally, some real god damn football!!

I think Im going to throw up.

Jvig43
Yeah not a fan of this.

I'm a fan of football though, so lets go lady hahaha

Hines
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
She's lucky she was hot.

Babylon
09-09-2010, 07:41 PM
**** this crap

I thought it was one of the better renditions i've ever heard.

M.O.T.H.
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Nothing says football like Taylor Swift, Dave Matthews, and Colbi Calliat. Great job NBC. :/

prock
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
EJ falls down and Collinsworth says it's because Brees is simply too good.

Hines
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice non hold call on Bushrod.

Babylon
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Nothing says football like Taylor Swift, Dave Matthews, and Colbi Calliat. Great job NBC. :/

You can have Dave i'll take the other two.

M.O.T.H.
That #9 is pretty good.

That was fast.

GB12
What a beautiful start to the NFL season.

Hurricanes25
So that was quick.

Ness
Brees is on fire. My goodness. And they got a penalty. Not feeling good about week two.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Dammit....should have started Henderson over Hester. Thought about it all day, decided to stick with Hester.....and damn.

General Zod
Allen is getting completly mugged out there.

BigDawg819
Minnesota Defense - OVERRATED!

There I said it WHAT WHAT

Hines
That was quick.

M.O.T.H.
You can have Dave i'll take the other two.

Gee thanks. Taylor Swift needs to stop with the red lip stick. She kind of looks like a hooker sometimes. No offense, Taylor.

TitansCJftw
fantasy scoreeee

Brodeur
Asher Allen sucks.

Jvig43
Dammit....should have started Henderson over Hester. Thought about it all day, decided to stick with Hester.....and damn.

Its hard to ignore the homer in you with FF. ha

nrk
I'm doing some homework while watching, did they score in like 3 plays?

Paranoidmoonduck
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Allen is getting completly mugged out there.

***** *****. Allen can deal with a tight end getting a little jersey while blocking him inside the shoulders.

Breaker
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
The Vikings D's behind after that series:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01648/agatha-sinkhole_1648572i.jpg

islandboy843
09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
What in The Sam Hill?

General Zod
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Minnesota Defense - OVERRATED!

There I said it WHAT WHAT

Your right, lets just give the Saints the ring rigt now. Just skip the season.

Babylon
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Gee thanks. Taylor Swift needs to stop with the red lip stick. She kind of looks like a hooker sometimes. No offense, Taylor.

She needs to trash up her look a little, back to the game.

BeerBaron
Its hard to ignore the homer in you with FF. ha

Sigh...I know. He's the only Bear I have too.

General Zod
***** *****. Allen can deal with a tight end getting a little jersey while blocking him inside the shoulders.

No no, Asher Allen is getting his ass handed to him.

GB12
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
What a ****** block by Tahi

islandboy843
So um yeah those Vikings

M.O.T.H.
Ugh. At least let Harvin return. dammit. I desperately need the fantasy points. Look at me, it's week one and I'm already in fantasy desperation mode. My team is that bad.

General Zod
09-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Such creative playcalling Childress.

Babylon
No Sidney Rice, Favre late to camp....i guess the Vikes'll have an excuse.

RealityCheck
Damn work, hopefully I'll be able to watch the 2nd half.

Has Peterson fumbled yet? -kidding, you know that.

GB12
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Such creative playcalling Childress.

It's third and two and he has one of the best backs in the league. That wasn't a bad play at all, just horrible blocking.

Babylon
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Damn work, hopefully I'll be able to watch the 2nd half.

Has Peterson fumbled yet? -kidding, you know that.

Keep working, have to pay for those old folks Social Security. i think Peteson fumbled twice while we were talking.

lowlife
09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Those corners are ******** themselves right now

islandboy843
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
When i dip you dip we dip.

Hines
09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Adrian Peterson is so good.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
******* HOLDING! i need those yards!

General Zod
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Are you serious?

jayceheathman
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
2nd and 30. haha

prock
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah that wasn't PI.

General Zod
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Chester Taylor gets a first down there.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Chester Taylor gets a first down there.

Remind me to thank the Vikings for him sometime.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow, way to go Vikes D. Great play by Brees.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
What a horrible secondary.

MidwayMonster31
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
That should have been a disaster, but Brees turns that into a huge gain. The safeties will still cause the Vikings problems.

Paul
Mmm Brees.

GB12
False start on the QB?

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Peyton Manning moves worse than that on every snap. ********....

Jvig43
That should have been a disaster, but Brees turns that into a huge gain. The safeties will still cause the Vikings problems.

The pats would be happy to trade one of our four safeties to them for a pick or two.

General Zod
Yes, the safties are terrible. And we are starting a back up at that.

prock
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Our secondary makes me sad.

BigDawg819
09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Reggie Bush playing with purpose, frankly I love it.

GB12
09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Heisman bitches

BigDawg819
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Remind me to thank the Vikings for him sometime.

Absolute example of an addition by subtraction.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
The NFC North contains some of the best secondaries ever.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Absolute example of an addition by subtraction.

They subtract one of the league's best 3rd down backs and added.....Toby Gerhart?

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
The NFC North contains some of the best secondaries ever.

e3vbiwkk6aA

brat316
09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Where is Toby?

General Zod
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Where is Toby?

inactive tonight

BeerBaron
Where is Toby?

Ankle or knee injury...i forget which.

GB12
White running backs don't get to play in the NFL.

Chucky
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Adrian is so ******* good.

I love watching him run.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Yessss yesss I likey yards from peterson.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I can't believe Favre is getting praise because he can do a stretch run hand-off.

General Zod
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
C'mon man, its Percy time.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
White running backs don't get to play in the NFL.

Travis Jervey...Brock Forsey........the only ones I can think of in the last 10 years or so.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
C'mon man, its Percy time.

Yessss yesss I likey yards from Harvin as well.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Travis Jervey...Brock Forsey........the only ones I can think of in the last 10 years or so.

Nick "the beast" Goings and Danny Whitehead.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Pierre Thomas needs some more touches dammit. -0.2 isn't going to cut it.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Goings wasn't white......he looks at least half black. Or Hawaiin....

http://photos.upi.com/topics--CAROLINA-PANTHERS-NICK-GOINGS/4350fed6377ff23b598d326cc4e9e2b9/N_1.jpg

nepg
09-09-2010, 08:32 PM

Heath Evans, amazingly, was actually given some time as a RB (his actual position) a few times with the Pats and another team.

Chucky
09-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Mike Alstott was practically a Running Back.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Heath Evans, amazingly, was actually given some time as a RB (his actual position) a few times with the Pats and another team.

I think he definitely classifies as a FB that got some carries out of the RB position more than anything else.

GB12
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Nick Goings is half black, Danny Woodhead has 15 carries

SchizophrenicBatman
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
goings is jason kiddanese

though on the subject of the panthers, brad hoover got a few games at RB

BeerBaron
Nick Goings is half black, Danny Woodhead has 15 carries

He's also been converted to WR I thought.

General Zod
Rice makes that catch.

nepg
I think he definitely classifies as a FB that got some carries out of the RB position more than anything else.

Ya, but it's like Brian Leonard. The only reason he plays FB is because he's white. The guy is a runningback, and it was obvious that that's what he is when he was given the opportunity.

BigDawg819
09-09-2010, 08:36 PM
They subtract one of the league's best 3rd down backs and added.....Toby Gerhart?

Not as literal, I meant more the Bears adding Chester Taylor not only improved their situation and at the same subtracted from the Vikings offense.

Is it just me, or does it appear that Brett is a bit gun-shy because of that injured ankle? He seems like he's overly going out his to make quick, short passes as opposed to waiting for something to develop downfield, stepping in and gunning it. Could just be the play calling I guess....

Pat Sims 90
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Ya, but it's like Brian Leonard. The only reason he plays FB is because he's white. The guy is a runningback, and it was obvious that that's what he is when he was given the opportunity.

Leonard Plays RB for the Bengals

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Leonard, like Alstott, I think is a special case. I don't think they'd be very effective carrying the ball 25 times a game.

wonderbredd24
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/sportsnetwork_impact/photo/peyton-hillis-brownjpg-3a8e11fa74c516ba_large.jpg
He plays halfback and fullback for us, but mostly halfback and he's a beast

The best of the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield

Chucky
09-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Not as literal, I meant more the Bears adding Chester Taylor not only improved their situation and at the same subtracted from the Vikings offense.

...that is not what the term "addition by subtraction" means.

Addition by subtraction would be like when the Cowboys got rid of Terrell Owens last year. Their team improved(the addition part) by getting rid of TO(the subtraction part).

GB12
Leonard Plays RB for the Bengals

He's listed as RB/FB. Kind of counts I guess.

djp
Peterson looks possessed tonight.

Hurricanes25
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
He's also been converted to WR I thought.

Woodhead is back at RB but he will still line up in the slot from time to time.

General Zod
Our seconary with great hands as usual.

Pat Sims 90
He's listed as RB/FB. Kind of counts I guess.

He is a emergency FB but mainly plays 3rd RB made a lot of plays last year on 3rd and 4th Down he is a great in pass protection and pass catching but he hardly ever runs the ball unless it is like a draw on 3rd down.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Our seconary with great hands as usual.

That would of been huge for you guys. Idk what Brees was thinking on that one.

prock
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Peterson is out for blood. Allen is lookin like Ike Taylor out there.

BigDawg819
09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
...that is not what the term "addition by subtraction" means.

Addition by subtraction would be like when the Cowboys got rid of Terrell Owens last year. Their team improved(the addition part) by getting rid of TO(the subtraction part).

Playing with words, one of those it works better spoken then typed. Deal

FuzzyGopher
That dropped pick cost us about 50 yards of field position.

gpngc
So I guess Reggie Bush lost his Heisman but gained the starting RB job...

djp
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
lol, Jenkins talking **** to Harvin.. probably still mad about that national title game.

gpngc
Percy Harvin is ******* gangsta.

GB12
So I guess Reggie Bush lost his Heisman but gained the starting RB job...

Well duh, the Heisman curse no longer applies.

prock
09-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Take The ******* Sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeerBaron
Vilma doesn't drop a pick.

GB12
Hahaha Yes!

CJSchneider
B-E-A-utiful!!!!

General Zod
There it is. Just fall down Brett.

jayceheathman
Wow, what a stupid pass.

Brodeur
09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh hello Favre.

Chucky
Should have been a hold there on Vilma

Pat Sims 90
There is the old Favre

djp
No flag on Vilma? arms around him.. good to see the refs picking it up where they left off last year.

BeerBaron
Up the field Pierre....up the ******* field. Stop getting me negative points.

wonderbredd24
Seems like Peterson is the only one on the Vikings who realizes this game counts

Chucky
09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Up the field Pierre....up the ******* field. Stop getting me negative points.

No one gives two ***** about your fantasy team. I am pretty sure there is a fantasy thread...go there.

gpngc
09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Harvin was wide open on the quick hitch on the right...

prock
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Ugh. I hate officiating.

LonghornsLegend
Favre doesn't even look healthy. I'm not gonna say he's rusty because he has been missing this much time, but it's gonna be a long season if he keeps getting banged up.

Jvig43
No one gives two ***** about your fantasy team. I am pretty sure there is a fantasy thread...go there.

Wow man, its ok.

Pat Sims 90

I like to hear other teams doing as ****** as mine

PoopSandwich

Buccaneers win a close one, by 3 in the final minutes.

Yeah a rookie WR is gonna tear our defensive backfield apart when he has a second year QB and our DB's are our strength.

terribletowel39
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I love Verizon Wireless. Stuck here at work and still get to watch the game on NFL Mobile app. Awesome.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Come on make it, I need these points. Annnnnnnnd nope. :(