PDA

View Full Version : Jacory Harris, QB, Miami (FL)

katnip
09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
What do you guys think his potential is. I doubt (4 some reason) he declares for the draft this year. But say he does. To me, cause I'm biased, he can be a 2nd/3rd rounder if all goes well like expected this year for the 'Canes.

Caulibflower
09-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't think he can be a franchise quarterback.

JHL6719
09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Not........

Caulibflower
09-06-2010, 10:46 PM
"In a July 31, 2009, interview with Dan Le Batard, Jacory told the world that he will pick up his Heisman trophy wearing a pink suit and with a "pimp cup" in hand. He also earned himself a new nickname in this interview: Afro Butterfly."

EDIT: (Source - http://www.sbnation.com/2009/7/31/1644332/jacory-harris-has-a-beautiful-afro)

And obviously, I can't say this particular thing unilaterally disqualifies him from being a franchise QB. Hopefully no one who disagrees will go that route. But the vibe I get from Jacory is that of a kid who's living in the now, on his natural talent, and doesn't necessarily have the hunger or the disposition to succeed on the professional level. It's a lot of fun to be the QB of the Miami Hurricanes football team. It's a lot more work to be an NFL QB, much less the franchise QB, which, let's be honest, is what someone who's talking about spending a 2nd-rounder on him is thinking. And I just compared the QB position to the wideout position in another thread, but I'll do it again: if Chad Johnson was the starting quarterback of the Bengals, do any of you really think he'd have a show on VH1 about a house full of single women? Does anyone really think he'd be able to get away with that? Being an NFL quarterback simply requires a lot *in addition* to natural talent. I don't know if Jacory has that.

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I could see a team falling in love with him, all depends how he progresses this season.

He's got touch and I like the way he sees the field. No position requires more actual game time to develop than QB, if Jacory bolts after 2010, he'll only be hurting himself.

katnip
09-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I could see a team falling in love with him, all depends how he progresses this season.

He's got touch and I like the way he sees the field. No position requires actual game time to develop than QB, if Jacory bolts after 2010, he'll only be hurting himself.

I agree with this. Especially the part I bolded

SeanTaylorRIP
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't think he has an NFL arm or the throwing velocity to be a great pro QB, but unlike many of these other "athlete QB's" like Pat White, he actually has QB tools. I love his poise and reading of defenses. I'd spend a 3rd round flier on him no question. He's like a more athletic Colt McCoy. I just don't think he can throw that out route. Definitely needs to add weight on his frame though.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't think he has an NFL arm or the throwing velocity to be a great pro QB, but unlike many of these other "athlete QB's" like Pat White, he actually has QB tools. I love his poise and reading of defenses. I'd spend a 3rd round flier on him no question. He's like a more athletic Colt McCoy. I just don't think he can throw that out route. Definitely needs to add weight on his frame though.

That's who he reminds me of when he throws the football. His frame is slight like Colt (although Jacory is taller), and he's very accurate, but I just don't think he's got enough zip on his throws.

draftguru151
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
And obviously, I can't say this particular thing unilaterally disqualifies him from being a franchise QB. Hopefully no one who disagrees will go that route. But the vibe I get from Jacory is that of a kid who's living in the now, on his natural talent, and doesn't necessarily have the hunger or the disposition to succeed on the professional level. It's a lot of fun to be the QB of the Miami Hurricanes football team. It's a lot more work to be an NFL QB, much less the franchise QB, which, let's be honest, is what someone who's talking about spending a 2nd-rounder on him is thinking. And I just compared the QB position to the wideout position in another thread, but I'll do it again: if Chad Johnson was the starting quarterback of the Bengals, do any of you really think he'd have a show on VH1 about a house full of single women? Does anyone really think he'd be able to get away with that? Being an NFL quarterback simply requires a lot *in addition* to natural talent. I don't know if Jacory has that.

There isn't a guy on the team that works harder than Jacory, especially from a mental stand point. He's a goofball off the field but when it comes to football he knows it's not a joke. I really don't see how the fact that he's a goofy person makes him not have the hunger to succeed at the highest level. Your impression of Jacory as a person is way off.

Ballbright
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
The ball velocity on his throws leaves a lot to be desired...

Hurricanes25
09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
The ball velocity on his throws leaves a lot to be desired...

Yeah, that's the bggest knock on Harris. On the flip side, he throws the most "catchable" ball in all of college football. But to be a legitimate prospect, he really has to start putting some zip on his passes.

Cicero
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Does his arm strength look any better this year?

soybean
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Great college QB.

Fin

BuddyCHRIST
09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
How is Jacory Harris an athlete QB? He's as much of a runner as Byron Leftwich.

That said he has good poise and accuracy, but his decision making is very questionable, his arm strength is average and he's very very skinny. Even the smaller QB's coming out are 220 and built well. He's really got to develop, coming out early shouldn't even be a topic. He's not even a "Great College QB" yet, his "breakout" year he led the nation in INT's.

tEk
09-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Reminds me alot of Quincy Carter as a pro qb prospect.

FUNBUNCHER
09-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Reminds me alot of Quincy Carter as a pro qb prospect.
Definition of a back-handed compliment.

Jacory Harris' game is nothing like Quincy Carter at Georgia.

Scott Wright
09-09-2010, 05:49 PM
How can anyboy take Harris serious when he dresses like this:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/09/Jacory%20Harris-thumb-480x640-20053.jpg

prock
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
That outfit alone makes him a first round lock.

Draft King
09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Come on Scott that's the swag.

K Train
09-09-2010, 10:59 PM
hes so small lol

Paranoidmoonduck
09-09-2010, 11:17 PM

The Raiders, maybe?

RaiderNation
09-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Haha love that pic

I think he will be drafted and be a decent QB in the league. He needs to stay in college and get bigger and stronger. If he does that I can see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick maybe

djp
09-10-2010, 03:30 AM
I think he's going to be a hell of a backup quarterback for some pro team. He is going to be ready to play in the NFL if he can simply add some more mass. His arm looks better than it did last year in terms of velocity and his accuracy/touch have always been there. He's already running an NFL offense and has shown that he's got the intangibles.

Remember that he won't be leaving early, so he's got this year and next year (both with loaded teams) to develop even more than he is already.

FUNBUNCHER
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/09/Jacory%20Harris-thumb-480x640-20053.jpg

DON't HATE!! I LOOK G*O*O*D!!

Strange for a South Florida kid to be wearing all that Raiders gear.
I like Jacory and hope he stays at the U all four years, but is he really more than Ken Dorsey with a darker tan??

EvilNixon
09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Jacory to Oakland is a lock now.

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 10:27 AM
DON't HATE!! I LOOK G*O*O*D!!

Strange for a South Florida kid to be wearing all that Raiders gear.
I like Jacory and hope he stays at the U all four years, but is he really more than Ken Dorsey with a darker tan??

I think he can move better, and he has a better arm already, that seems to be getting better as he adds weight.

He's got a lot of developing of his body to do, but I really like his mental makeup and skill set.

LonghornsLegend
09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I guess I don't understand all the "his arm isn't strong enough comments", I've seen him make some throws off his back foot without planting 50 yards downfield with a perfect spiral hitting the WR in stride. I think he's got plenty arm strength, and considering he shouldn't declare until 2011 I think he can play himself into the 1st round and a franchise QB.

He's gotten better since he's been there by quite a bit, I really really love his accuracy especially on those deep passes, and he's not afraid to stand in the pocket and deliver a tough throw.

He may like to joke around off the field but I see no harm in that at all, I saw some of his interviews on the field and he doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't take football serious. I can't remember after which game it was, but he said everything you wanted to hear and he pretty much but the team on his back as a young QB and handled the responsibility.

I think he will make a fine starting NFL QB, especially if he continually improves on his game. But, he HAS to add some weight, seriously. He can't go into the league rail thin like he is, it shouldn't be a problem but he needs to put some emphasis on it.

BigJohn98
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM

It's a Cane thang. You wouldn't understand.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-10-2010, 11:24 AM

You're just a hata!

09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
And he had to be reppin' the Raiders, too. *rolls eyes*

Mr. Offseason
09-10-2010, 12:16 PM
That's who he reminds me of when he throws the football. His frame is slight like Colt (although Jacory is taller), and he's very accurate, but I just don't think he's got enough zip on his throws.

Agreed 100%. He floats so many of his passes. They just hang in the air for so long. That works on the college level, but NFL defenders will close on those passes better than the majority of college defenders.

He also didn't look very tough against Wisconsin to me. The cold really looked like it got to him and he just never seemed to get into a rhythm. He did take some hits which I thought was good that he didn't throw in the towel after he got smacked around a bit, but he doesn't strike me as a great leader.

Hurricanes25
09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I guess I don't understand all the "his arm isn't strong enough comments", I've seen him make some throws off his back foot without planing 50 yards downfield with a perfect spiral hitting the WR in stride. I think he's got plenty arm strength, and considering he shouldn't declare until 2011 I think he can play himself into the 1st round and a franchise QB.

Jacory can get the ball deep. He just doesn't get enough zip on the intermediate and short throws.

djp
09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Jacory can get the ball deep. He just doesn't get enough zip on the intermediate and short throws.

He looked much better in game 1, see the 2nd Hankerson touchdown. But, we will see just how far he's come in about 24 hours.

shylo3716
09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
If he stays until his Sr. year I believe he could be a possible 1st rounder, but if he leaves this year which I think he will do he will go no later then the 3rd round @ the worst.

shylo3716
09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
My biggest question mark I have on him is when is he going to take the weight room serious enough, to bulk up that 6'4'' 190 frame. I say 20lbs will be perfect for his frame if he stays is Sr. year, but he has to be dedicated & work hard. It's not going to just come to him he has to work for it. By him still weighing under 200lbs for him to be there 3 years shows me he has a lack of work ethic.

yourfavestoner
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Exactly. It's far easier to rainbow it up to a WR that has a corner beat than it is to throw an out route to the wide side of the field on a rope.

If you watch a lot of college quarterbacks, they take advantage of the wide hash marks by throwing most of their out routes to the short side of the field. If they want to take advantage of the wide side, they'll run waggles and floods to move the pocket. That's why the out is such a harder pass to complete in the NFL. The "short" side is much further away than it is in college.

fenikz
09-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Agreed 100%. He floats so many of his passes. They just hang in the air for so long. That works on the college level, but NFL defenders will close on those passes better than the majority of college defenders.

He also didn't look very tough against Wisconsin to me. The cold really looked like it got to him and he just never seemed to get into a rhythm. He did take some hits which I thought was good that he didn't throw in the towel after he got smacked around a bit, but he doesn't strike me as a great leader.

I think that had a lot more to do with O'Brien Schofield, if he hadn't torn his ACL I think he ends up going in the 1st with the hype of that game and how he was playing in the senior bowl

Babylon
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
The kid has a chance to distinguish himself on national TV against an Ohio State but right there with everyone that says this wouldnt be the year to test the waters.

fenikz
09-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't think Jacory has thought about leaving Miami early once

draftguru151
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/10sd56q.jpg

09-10-2010, 10:35 PM
JaVesty FTMFW!!!!!

Caulibflower
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM
There isn't a guy on the team that works harder than Jacory, especially from a mental stand point. He's a goofball off the field but when it comes to football he knows it's not a joke. I really don't see how the fact that he's a goofy person makes him not have the hunger to succeed at the highest level. Your impression of Jacory as a person is way off.

I wasn't going to be the person to come back and post photos of him in his Raida's getup, but it looks like I didn't have to be. Are you a 'Canes fan? Be honest. And remind me of the last successful NFL QB who was widely known as a fun-loving goofball.

Caulibflower
09-10-2010, 11:31 PM
And really, I'm not trying to disparage him as a human being; I just don't see the things in him that I typically see in players I think of as potential franchise quarterbacks. And you can be "hungry" and all that without having the requisite capabilities to satiate that desire.

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2010, 03:11 AM
I wasn't going to be the person to come back and post photos of him in his Raida's getup, but it looks like I didn't have to be. Are you a 'Canes fan? Be honest. And remind me of the last successful NFL QB who was widely known as a fun-loving goofball.

Brett Favre. D Mac. Tony Romo. Philip Rivers.

Also, based on his TV commercial work, is there a bigger, 'fun-loving goofball' than Peyton Manning??

I'm sure there are others, with the emphasis on fun-loving, less on goofball. And I don't think Jacory is a goofball, btw.

When your taking reps with the offense in games and practice, or doing game-planning and film study during the week, that's when I want my QB to be 'serious'.

Caulibflower
09-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I should just drop the "goofball" aspect of it.

Caulibflower
09-11-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm just not sold on Jacory Yet. I've had my eye on the OSU-UM game for a while now. I'll definitely be watching.

draftguru151
09-11-2010, 08:08 AM
How much do you pay attention to him when it actually has to do with football and not funny clothes or joke interviews? Jacory couldn't throw this offseason because thumb surgery he had. You know what he did in spring practice? He went through the footwork of every play. He's constantly been with Coach Whipple (the OC) trying to further understand the offense. How about watching an interview that has to do with football?

bw3cYAtioUE

And seriously, have you never seen Brett Favre mic'd up? I think he's had a decent pro career. Peyton and Eli's oreo commercials are totally serious.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Harris isn't the ACC qb from Florida that's getting exposed today. Everyone already knows he's a mid round pick at best.

Caulibflower
09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm not down on him *because* of the goofball stuff. It was the easiest thing to rag on him about. I shouldn't have brought it up. Aight? There a few things I don't like about Jacory as a prospect, but admittedly, his personal style isn't going to be the easiest thing for me to use to make a case against his pro potential. So I won't say anything else about it. But I'm watching the him play right now, and he's not looking good against Ohio State.

RaiderNation
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
All 3 of the ints so far in the game havent been his fault IMO

DcmRulz
09-11-2010, 05:01 PM
now 4 ints (related story, Heyward looks GOOD)

09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Really impressed by the mentaly abilities of Jacory Harris right now. He has thrown four ints, can barely walk becouse an injury, but is still in there completing passes and trying to motivate his teammates.

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Poor Jacory!:(

Randy Shannon isn't the man to revive the U. Awesome recruiter, but at this point his teams have really underachieved.

Also, I don't think the state of Florida has enough talent to support three programs with nat'l championship aspirations.

At best, there's usually only two Florida schools that are 'great' at the same time.

BTW, is there ONE good team in the ACC??
Va Tech is a fraud, Miami is an 8 win team, UNC, 8-9 wins. Florida State is just embarrassing. Who else in the conference is there??

JRTPlaya21
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
UNC wins 8 or 9 with what defense? The Sooners were no pushover at all. But oh well gonna be a long year in this sorry conference.

shylo3716
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
If you were a person who did not watch the game today & checked out Jacory's stats, you would blame the lost on him in a heartbeat. On 2 of those interceptions you have to point all fingers @ Benjamin for running the wrong routes. The defense/special teams did their part today by keeping them in the game. Overall Jacory just needs to find a receiver he's comfortable with & keep targeting him, which should be Byrd from what I see. I believe Jacory needs to work on his awareness in the pocket & most definately his reads/check downs. I do not see him leaving early @ all anymore just because this game has dropped his stock.

Hurricanes25
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
If you were a person who did not watch the game today & checked out Jacory's stats, you would blame the lost on him in a heartbeat. On 2 of those interceptions you have to point all fingers @ Benjamin for running the wrong routes. The defense/special teams did their part today by keeping them in the game. Overall Jacory just needs to find a receiver he's comfortable with & keep targeting him, which should be Byrd from what I see. I believe Jacory needs to work on his awareness in the pocket & most definately his reads/check downs. I do not see him leaving early @ all anymore just because this game has dropped his stock.

I agree with just about everything. He is most comfortable with Hankerson not Byrd although he's probably his #2.

LonghornsLegend
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
He shouldn't have left even if they won, so before people start to beat him up too bad remember he's probably a year away from declaring and that is a ton of time to improve.

Poor Jacory!:(

Randy Shannon isn't the man to revive the U. Awesome recruiter, but at this point his teams have really underachieved.

Also, I don't think the state of Florida has enough talent to support three programs with nat'l championship aspirations.

At best, there's usually only two Florida schools that are 'great' at the same time.

BTW, is there ONE good team in the ACC??
Va Tech is a fraud, Miami is an 8 win team, UNC, 8-9 wins. Florida State is just embarrassing. Who else in the conference is there??

This seems like a bunch of overreactions. Miami lost to the #2 team in the country and 1 who will likely be playing in the NC game, they were in that game until very late. How does that equate to them being an 8 win team? Just because they didn't beat the #2 team in the nation now they can't win 9 games?

And Randy Shannon gets bashed now too? Even though Miami has gotten alot more talent, and has a team twice as good as when he took over? Sounds like your doing alot of bashing because they lost to arguably the best team in the nation, like Miami was the 1 who was supposed to win this game.

herniateddisc
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Neither QB in that game are NFL Quality QB. Both threw nasty balls and have poor fundamentals.

shylo3716
09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Does not look like a pro prospect at all!!!!! SMDH

shylo3716
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Now that he has officially lost his starting spot to a True Fr. what will his draft status look like as a 2012 Prospect?

TACKLE
12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Now that he has officially lost his starting spot to a True Fr. what will his draft status look like as a 2012 Prospect?

Got a link?

BeerBaron
12-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Nonexistent?

SolidGold
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Black Ken Dorsey minus the winning

Hurricanes25
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM

Umm....where did you hear that?

shylo3716
12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
You don't need a link if Jacory would be the starting QB he would have been playing out the rest of the season......Evidently Shannon had seen something in Morris that shows he can be the starter over Jacory, but there is a chance Jacory may win the spot back in Spring ball.....I just don't see it happening from Morris' performance as a True Fr. compared to Jacory. Morris is not turnover prone like Jacory.

Hurricanes25
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
You don't need a link if Jacory would be the starting QB he would have been playing out the rest of the season......Evidently Shannon had seen something in Morris that shows he can be the starter over Jacory, but there is a chance Jacory may win the spot back in Spring ball.....I just don't see it happening from Morris' performance as a True Fr. compared to Jacory. Morris is not turnover prone like Jacory.

Jacory had a concussion. Why don't you go ahead and sue Shannon because he was trying to protect the health of one of his players.

brat316
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
We'll see in the bowl game who is playing.

shylo3716
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Jacory had a concussion. Why don't you go ahead and sue Shannon because he was trying to protect the health of one of his players.

I'm not mad at all that he was protecting Jacory. Morris had took over the team and led us to a victory his first game and played well. If Jacory does not become the starter next year I will not be surprised. I do not hate on Jacory at all because I really do like him, but he is just turnover prone and that kills me although Benjamin caused like 4 of his picks this year.

Hurricanes25
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm not mad at all that he was protecting Jacory. Morris had took over the team and led us to a victory his first game and played well. If Jacory does not become the starter next year I will not be surprised. I do not hate on Jacory at all because I really do like him, but he is just turnover prone and that kills me although Benjamin caused like 4 of his picks this year.

To be fair, Morris had 8 interceptions in 5 games and only played well against Maryland.

shylo3716
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
To be fair, Morris had 8 interceptions in 5 games and only played well against Maryland.

How many does Jacory have for his career

Hurricanes25
12-12-2010, 07:33 PM
How many does Jacory have for his career

I'm not saying that Jacory isn't TO prone but Morris has been in limited action.

shylo3716
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm not saying that Jacory isn't TO prone but Morris has been in limited action.

You have a point Jacory 7 FR. year Morris 8 Fr. year thus far.......Jacory Soph. year a whopping 17

12-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Jacory Harris the WR project-5th-6th round

Jacory Harris the QB- UDFA/UFL

SickwithIt1010
12-13-2010, 02:55 AM
dont see anything in him that would make me think he will do anything in the league.

TACKLE
12-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Jacory Harris the WR project-5th-6th round

Jacory Harris the QB- UDFA/UFL

HFG.

The guy is a pocket passer for godsake. He's shown nothing in his career that would indicate he's athletic enough to be an NFL WR. There is no chance whatsoever that he plays WR in the NFL.

SickwithIt1010
12-13-2010, 03:02 AM
HFG.

The guy is a pocket passer for godsake. He's shown nothing in his career that would indicate he's athletic enough to be an NFL WR. There is no chance whatsoever that he plays WR in the NFL.

i was thinking the same thing, idk if ive ever seen the guy run to be completely honest.

12-13-2010, 03:11 AM
HFG.

Does that mean scouts won't try and see where he MAY fit at the next level? Since it isn't gonna be QB...its gonna be project convert to another position if he possesses any athleticism, or you're right and he has none and he ends up in the UFL.

ElectricEye
12-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Jacory Harris will never be a wide receiver at any level of football above back yard stuff. That's just....jeez. He's not even that good at running the ball. Above average athlete for the position, but he'll likely run a 4.7 or a 4.8 even still.

Hurricanes25
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Does that mean scouts won't try and see where he MAY fit at the next level? Since it isn't gonna be QB...its gonna be project convert to another position if he possesses any athleticism, or you're right and he has none and he ends up in the UFL.

What Tackle said.

Everyone seems to think that Jacory is mobile and that is not true. He is a pure pocket passer. He is no where near fast enough to even get a shot at WR in the NFL.

12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
What Tackle said.

Everyone seems to think that Jacory is mobile and that is not true. He is a pure pocket passer. He is no where near fast enough to even get a shot at WR in the NFL.

I wonder why they would think that...

SickwithIt1010
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I wonder why they would think that...

we all know exactly why he thinks that....lol

katnip
12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
What Tackle said.

maybe people think he's mobile because he's skinny???

Sniper
12-14-2010, 04:58 PM
maybe people think he's mobile because he's skinny???

Yeah, that must be it.

MattyFos
12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I like Jacory Harris' ability to shake off interceptions. It shows me that he believes in his ability and his receivers. If he throws a bad pick the very next series he is willing to go back out there and attempt the same throw again. I'm not worried about his interceptions, I don't get a chance to watch many Miami games, but I did watch the OSU/Miami game and I remember saying "Well, that's not his fault" after almost every interception. That didn't dissuade him from going out and throwing the ball around. But those interception numbers will scare off most people.

P.S. I have an idea why people think he's a WR prospect. Jacory is showing THOSE people his "true colors".

Woody56
12-15-2010, 09:51 AM
He has as much NFL potential as everybody on this forum...

Halsey
12-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I know a lot of people like to believe that physical talent somehow doesn't matter for QBs, or isn't that important. It matters a lot. Harris just isn't talented enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Neither is Kellen Moore. Guys need to be big and strong to be a starting quality QB in the NFL. Can you name the last starting quality NFL QB to weigh under 200lbs? Neither can I.

Day One Pick
12-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I have him as a mid 4th round pick right now. There's potential there. I saw him in person, and can attest that he has an NFL arm. He just needs to put it all together.

jrdrylie
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I know a lot of people like to believe that physical talent somehow doesn't matter for QBs, or isn't that important. It matters a lot. Harris just isn't talented enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Neither is Kellen Moore. Guys need to be big and strong to be a starting quality QB in the NFL. Can you name the last starting quality NFL QB to weigh under 200lbs? Neither can I.

He isn't under 200 pounds, but Drew Brees has been very successful and he isn't much more than 205. With that said, I wouldn't touch Jacory Harris before the 6th round.

MizzouBig12
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
UDFA. He will make a fine 3rd-string QB for some team, showing his prowess in holding a clipboard.

12-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I'd take him in the late rounds because you never know. He does still have this off-season to get better though. We've been saying that for years, but the potential still exists for him to perform himself into the second day. He's definitely a long shot to succeed at the NFL level as it stands though. If he does fail, I hope I get a chance to buy a Jacory Harris Ottawa Renegades/Rough Riders jersey.

JHL6719
12-15-2010, 03:33 PM
lol@Jacory Harris

Halsey
12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
He isn't under 200 pounds, but Drew Brees has been very successful and he isn't much more than 205. With that said, I wouldn't touch Jacory Harris before the 6th round.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris weigh in under 200lbs at the Combine or wherever.

Brees is shorter and more compact. He's better built to take NFL hits than Harris and is probably a lot stronger. Brees is also very much the exception. Just about every other NFL QB is 210 and up.

12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that must be it.

Also I find it funny how fast he is in NCAA. EA Sports is totally racist when it comes to speed. Jacory has mid-high 80s, I can't remember the exact number. And in Madden 07, they had Jamarcus Russell significantly faster than Brady Quinn, when anyone with a pair of eyes knew that BQ was a lot faster in a straight line.

shylo3716
12-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Also I find it funny how fast he is in NCAA. EA Sports is totally racist when it comes to speed. Jacory has mid-high 80s, I can't remember the exact number. And in Madden 07, they had Jamarcus Russell significantly faster than Brady Quinn, when anyone with a pair of eyes knew that BQ was a lot faster in a straight line.

Jacory said in an interview that he would give up a good 4.5 on a good hamstring day lol

Miaoww
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
i was thinking the same thing, idk if ive ever seen the guy run to be completely honest.

He's actually pretty decent when he takes off. I mean - he has decent speed.

He should do it more often, rather than forcing the ball into coverage with his noodle arm.

draftguru151
12-15-2010, 11:03 PM
pD0ri7kjyiU

Jacory speeeeeeeeeeed. We'll see if he can get his job back in the bowl game and next season. He really hasn't played anywhere near as good as the first half of 09 since then. Shell of his former self physically and emotionally.

Caulibflower
12-15-2010, 11:26 PM

...And Jake Locker is a friggin' 72 speed! Unbelievable.

MassNole
12-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Jacory Harris gets killed during a season in the ACC, he'd be broken in half his first preseason game. At best he gets an invite to a camp as an UFA and maybe, just maybe makes a Fall camp where he's cut early on.

FUNBUNCHER
12-17-2010, 04:48 AM
Jacory Harris is virtually the same size as Tom Brady was coming out of Michigan, 6'4, 201#.

He's looked really effective at times playing for the U, but physically his body is not up to par for the NFL.

I still could easily see Jacory starting his NFL career on some team's 3rd string at QB.

Hollywood
12-17-2010, 06:33 AM

The best comparison I've heard so far is a black Ken Dorsey without the winning...Jacory at WR is laughable.

SchizophrenicBatman
12-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Jacory is not an NFL prospect in any way, shape or form

If he went to Miami of Ohio no one would even know who he is

FUNBUNCHER
12-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Check out Jacory's play from 2009, he looked every bit like a future NFL QB, with further development.

He went to the U because Jacory was one of the top-rated passing QBs in South Florida.

This isn't a Chris Rix situation, IMO.

HakeemtheMachineNicks
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
What Tackle said.

A pure pocket passer that lobs every throw. No way is this guy an NFL QB. What is he 6-3 180 pounds

SchizophrenicBatman
12-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Check out Jacory's play from 2009, he looked every bit like a future NFL QB, with further development.

He went to the U because Jacory was one of the top-rated passing QBs in South Florida.

he floated up a bunch of deep passes against crappy ACC DBs

he went to the U because he was Miami Northwestern's QB

FUNBUNCHER
12-18-2010, 01:32 AM
he floated up a bunch of deep passes against crappy ACC DBs

he went to the U because he was Miami Northwestern's QB

Check out the last time the U recruited a Northwestern QB to actually PLAY QB in college.

Jacory's major problem is inconsistency, not talent.

MassNole
12-18-2010, 08:21 AM

Jacory Harris doesn't have a fraction of the arm strength or mobility Chris Rix had. Rix was an NFL talent who had awful coaching kill his chances. Harris has a weak arm and decent athleticism but no idea how to use it.

BuddyCHRIST
12-18-2010, 01:26 PM

I do not see how Chris Rix even relates here.

But Jacory has some ability to be an effective college QB when his WR corp is loaded and he's able to basically do whatever he wants without consequence. But even in his good year in 2009 he lead the nation in INT's.

But he never was a pro prospect, weak arm, too skinny, and makes poor decisions.

etk
12-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Agreed. It's funny how people try to argue how Miami is irrelevant and no longer a premier brand in CFB....the fact that there are 5 pages on this site about a QB with very little physical talent that makes dumb decisions and got replaced by a true freshman QB....I'd say people still care about Miami.

Jacory was never more than a mid-round draft candidate but at one point last season he showed accuracy and anticipation in his throws as well as pocket presence, poise and leadership. All of those traits are gone except the anticipation part, which actually hurts him more than it helps because our receivers don't help him out in traffic.

djp
12-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Jacory Harris doesn't have a fraction of the arm strength or mobility Chris Rix had. Rix was an NFL talent who had awful coaching kill his chances. Harris has a weak arm and decent athleticism but no idea how to use it.

Chris Rix was the biggest mental midget I've ever seen play quarterback at a 5 star school. The guy simply shriveled to nothing during big games, especially against Miami. His rain game is still to this date one of the worst quarterbacking performances I've ever seen (not saying Berlin's game that day was any display, either), that and Kirby Freeman's 1-14 game against NC State.

What bothers me about Jacory is that the best part of his game in '09 was his pocket presence and ability to get a decent throw off for the most part. They weren't always good decisions, but at least he was able to avoid some sacks with a not so good offensive line (Pipho, anyone?)

In '10, he was anything but that. He just didn't get any better and his mistakes got bigger and bigger as the season went along. To me, at least, he just doesn't understand the complexities of coverages and where to go with the football. He struggles to make any kind of progressive read and his talent level is nowhere near high enough to get away with it.

SwagU
12-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Chris Rix was the biggest mental midget I've ever seen play quarterback at a 5 star school. The guy simply shriveled to nothing during big games, especially against Miami. His rain game is still to this date one of the worst quarterbacking performances I've ever seen (not saying Berlin's game that day was any display, either), that and Kirby Freeman's 1-14 game against NC State.

What bothers me about Jacory is that the best part of his game in '09 was his pocket presence and ability to get a decent throw off for the most part. They weren't always good decisions, but at least he was able to avoid some sacks with a not so good offensive line (Pipho, anyone?)

In '10, he was anything but that. He just didn't get any better and his mistakes got bigger and bigger as the season went along. To me, at least, he just doesn't understand the complexities of coverages and where to go with the football. He struggles to make any kind of progressive read and his talent level is nowhere near high enough to get away with it.

Trust me it is not just you. I love Jacory, but the guy just makes stupid decisions and lacks the smarts needed at the QB position. I have seen the **** it im going deep look in Jacory's eyes too many times! I feel Shannon was a little too easy on him, also felt he was dveloping a huge ego after all that Heisman talk started in 09. I really think Golden coming in is goona push Jacory to be more in the film room and work harder , not to mention Stephen Morris and AJ Highsmith up his tail challenging him. He will also be a senior and obviously has the draft to push him as well. I really hope he does put it together this summer. Fingers Crossed!!!!

shylo3716
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Jacory Harris will start in Bowl Game

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/30/1994062/harris-will-start-start-sun-bowl.html

MassNole
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Jacory Harris will start in Bowl Game

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/30/1994062/harris-will-start-start-sun-bowl.html
Nice of the u to give Notre Dame a chance to win a bowl game vs. a BCS conference opponent for once.

etk
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Stephen Morris just hurt his ankle and has also struggled with interceptions. It's painful to watch Jacory play but I'm not even sure he isn't our best QB.

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 06:12 PM
This is probably Jacory's last chance to get back any of the draft value he had, if he had any to begin with.

shylo3716
12-30-2010, 06:16 PM
This is probably Jacory's last chance to get back any of the draft value he had, if he had any to begin with.

I agree with that.

etk
12-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Not at all. 2011 will be his chance to regain draft value (although he never had much to begin with). He will have a new OC, new system and a fresh start to prove himself. If he wins the job and settles down, he can have a solid season. Look at TJ Yates as an example of what can happen to a Senior QB. Then again there are plenty of examples of QBs who struggle in their last year, like Cullen Harper or Jerrod Johnson.

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Not at all. 2011 will be his chance to regain draft value (although he never had much to begin with). He will have a new OC, new system and a fresh start to prove himself. If he wins the job and settles down, he can have a solid season. Look at TJ Yates as an example of what can happen to a Senior QB. Then again there are plenty of examples of QBs who struggle in their last year, like Cullen Harper or Jerrod Johnson.

I dont think he wins the starting job next year

shylo3716
12-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh F*ck it he going deep again

shylo3716
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
They just showed him on the sideline and he looks like he has that f*ck it I don't care attitude.

shylo3716
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I like Jacory but he is the worst QB I have ever seen play the game.

JLaw45
12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
At this rate the United Football League and the CFL are going to be his only options, and with this type of decision making I'm doubting his ability to even make it there.

shylo3716
12-31-2010, 02:16 PM
He will not even be an undrafted F/A from the look of this game.

prock
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
I hope he is on track to graduate on time. Looks like the labor force for him.

jrdrylie
12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
I like Jacory but he is the worst QB I have ever seen play the game.

Georgia Tech has some film of Reggie Ball they'd like you to see.

Mr. Offseason
12-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Stephen Morris looked more impressive to me today which I guess isn't very surprising. Even if Jacory Harris wasn't skinny as a rail, didn't float all of his passes and make poor decisions regularly his mental make-up is not that of a QB in my opinion. At least not a good one. Against Wisconsin he played terrible in cold weather and didn't show a lot of toughness, and today after he threw his first interception he couldn't move on from it and threw two more interceptions before being benched.

I barely thought he was a NFL QB before this game, but I'm 100% convinced he isn't now. If Miami has any sense they will start Morris next year.

JaxJag_1
12-31-2010, 09:45 PM
He should transfer to an FCS school and hope for a dominant season. Maybe he could put together some good tape. It's his only hope.

J-Mike88
01-01-2011, 09:03 AM
This guy doesn't deserve his own thread.
There are hundreds of better pro prospects at QB than Harris.

Babylon
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM

I was just thinking that, more on the lines of why do we need 6 pages to say the same thing.

Borat
01-01-2011, 12:39 PM
What are you guys talking about? Did you not see him complete 100% of his passes in the Sun Bowl? Seven attempts: Miami caught four, Notre Dame caught the other three. LOL.

shylo3716
05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
If he regains his starting spot back & limits his turnovers, what is his chances of becoming a DRAFTABLE prospect "again"?

Although Jacory has been horrible I still like him & believe he can do better this season. Think about how you all were raving about him being a Heisman candidate too in his Soph. season.

djp
05-08-2011, 08:35 PM
If he regains his starting spot back & limits his turnovers, what is his chances of becoming a DRAFTABLE prospect "again"?

Although Jacory has been horrible I still like him & believe he can do better this season. Think about how you all were raving about him being a Heisman candidate too in his Soph. season.

Jacory can be a great college quarterback. I thought he was going to continue to get bigger and stronger and not regress to a high school level QB mentally. I just don't see him even on a pro radar right now, he'd have to have one hell of a turnaround to even get on a practice squad at this point. I, like many others, saw flashes of backup qb potential during his freshman year. Guy has just gone completely the wrong direction.

Rabscuttle
05-08-2011, 08:43 PM
When his da U career is over all I want is four more years.

shylo3716
05-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm not going to write him off just yet! I know he has had a down career, but if by any chance he LIMITS his turnovers & ups his TD's he can work his way back into becoming a 7th Rounder.

BuddyCHRIST
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm not going to write him off just yet! I know he has had a down career, but if by any chance he LIMITS his turnovers & ups his TD's he can work his way back into becoming a 7th Rounder.

I mean sure, but he has below average physical tools so I just don't see it. He might not start this year.

shylo3716
05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
I mean sure, but he has below average physical tools so I just don't see it. He might not start this year.

I have a feeling he will start off with the job this season. I watched him in the Spring Game and, he has some confidence within himself. He was zipping passes into tight windows and connecting. He threw 2 picks, which 1 was Streeter's fault, because he let the DB take it out of his hands during a jump ball in te endzone.

JoeJoeBrown
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM

You should start another thread about a Green Bay player.

You've already hit the second string QB, how about the backup long snapper? :)

Caulibflower
05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
You should start another thread about a Green Bay player.

You've already hit the second string QB, how about the backup long snapper? :)

Green Bay's backup long snapper is ******' good, brah. Might be the best second-string long snapper in the league.

MassNole
05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
There is no chance he ever sees an NFL field as anything but a paying fan.

bucfan12
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
He's terrible. He looked really good in 2009 at the beginning, then started tailing off a lot. Accuracy issues and decision making. I don't know what happened, but he was looking very good in 2009 and then hit rock bottom.

MassNole
05-09-2011, 09:17 AM
He's terrible. He looked really good in 2009 at the beginning, then started tailing off a lot. Accuracy issues and decision making. I don't know what happened, but he was looking very good in 2009 and then hit rock bottom.
Teams adjusted to the new offense Miami was running and slowed them down. I know Miami fans like to blame the coaching, but well he was receiving high level coaching from a former NC level D1-AA coach and NFL QB coach while he was there and regressed. Honestly most people on this board would have been an above average HS QB with the talent he had around him at Miami Northwestern.

shylo3716
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Teams adjusted to the new offense Miami was running and slowed them down. I know Miami fans like to blame the coaching, but well he was receiving high level coaching from a former NC level D1-AA coach and NFL QB coach while he was there and regressed. Honestly most people on this board would have been an above average HS QB with the talent he had around him at Miami Northwestern.

Speaking of blaming the coaching staff. If I stand correct Jacory had a new offensive coordinator EVERY season he has been there.

Rabscuttle
05-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Speaking of blaming the coaching staff. If I stand correct Jacory had a new offensive coordinator EVERY season he has been there.

I've heard of students that frustrated teachers enough to make them quite before, but damn.

shylo3716
05-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I've heard of students that frustrated teachers enough to make them quite before, but damn.

That has to speak volumes too for his lack of production!

SeanTaylorRIP
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
After seeing some footage of Josh Portis at California PA, I don't think Jacory Harris is any better than a guy like him who went undrafted.

shylo3716
05-09-2011, 05:17 PM
After seeing some footage of Josh Portis at California PA, I don't think Jacory Harris is any better than a guy like him who went undrafted.

You may have a point there, but you have to take all that he has been through with the coaching changes EVERY season into account.

MassNole
05-09-2011, 06:01 PM

One OC as a frosh when he backed up Marve. Then he had Whipple for his Sophomore and Junior years where he regressed from one year to the next.

jth1331
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
lololol at the homerism
Jacory is nothing in the NFL.
Ken Dorsey was a better QB prospect.

etk
05-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Exactly. Whipple didn't adjust his offense. Jacory's struggles last year had a lot to do with his mentality. He just wasn't having fun and admitted so.

He can be productive this year but that won't make him a draftable prospect. He anticipates routes well and gives his receivers a chance to make plays, which is why he was so successful in HS. He'll never be draftable because he has a gunslinger mentality with poor physical tools - not a good combination.

Iamcanadian
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
He is a pro prospect, but, he was very inconsistent last year and will need a big season if he wants to move up draft boards.
Does he have talent, yes, but he must show he can use it far more consistently if he wants to end up in rounds 1-3.

JaxJag_1
05-16-2011, 02:33 PM
He is a pro prospect, but, he was very inconsistent last year and will need a big season if he wants to move up draft boards.
Does he have talent, yes, but he must show he can use it far more consistently if he wants to end up in rounds 1-3.

He'll have to transform into Andrew Luck if he wants to be a 1st round pick.