PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush to be stripped of Heisman

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2010, 08:48 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AhkvLdcWwyf9CZ_svNLNUp45nYcB?slug=ys-bushheisman090710

I couldn't be happier about it. Finally Bush is being punished for something that he caused.

BigJohn98
09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Dear Heisman Trust,

Please mail trophy to Vince Young. Thank you.

Shiver
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Vince Young deserved it anyway.

jballa838
09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
lol he's got enough money to make 100 more if he wanted them.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Dude is persona non grata in Los Angeles right now, and I couldn't be happier.

I understand that it's in their best interest for everyone at USC to claim ignorance to LLoyd Lake and Michael Michael's recruitment of Reggie Bush to their spots firm. But they'd been involved in his life since, like, his junior year of high school. There's no way that nobody at that university DIDN'T know about it.

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
lol he's got enough money to make 100 more if he wanted them.

Yeah, and then maybe he'll buy himself a Superman cape, because that would mean he could fly!!

'Making' 100 Oscars doesn't make you the greatest actor in the world, and even if Reggie Bush was a billionaire, it doesn't change the fact that he's the only athlete who had his Heisman Trophy stripped from him by the NCAA.

He's already one of the bigger busts in NFL history who's more the next Desmond Howard/Eric Metcalf than Gale Sayers/Barry Sanders.

Money can't by respect, ever. And at the end of the day all any of us have is our name and reputation.
What does Bush's name mean at USC nowadays???

iworshipbender
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I wonder if USC will keep his number retired.

yourfavestoner
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I wonder if USC will keep his number retired.

Probably not. They've removed likenesses of him (pictures, posters, they shipped the Heisman statue that was on display back) from the entire campus. OJ is a more revered figure at Heritage Hall at this point than Reggie Bush.

LizardState
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Didn't OJ try to sell his Heisman statue on EBay until the civil settlement with the Brown family (he has to pay them a %age of any profits from sports memorabilia sold)? USC hid his framed Heisman certificate after the homicides from their trophy case, they still have it in a safe somewhere.

Hell of a precedent for Bush, 1st Heisman retracted.

djp
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
He forfeited the trophy according to my twitter feed.

FUNBUNCHER
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
He forfeited the trophy according to my twitter feed.
Who's he fooling???

Either 'give back' the trophy, Reggie, or let the the Dowtown Athletic Club make it a big media spectacle by taking it away from you!!!

singe_101
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Here's what I don't get, why didn't Bush just get a bank loan like a normal student, but with millions in future income basically guaranteed? Get the house for mom and dad, live it up, whatever, then use the inflated rookie contract. Or are they so strict that's also a violation?

jballa838
09-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Here's what I don't get, why didn't Bush just get a bank loan like a normal student, but with millions in future income basically guaranteed? Get the house for mom and dad, live it up, whatever, then use the inflated rookie contract. Or are they so strict that's also a violation?
He tears an ACL and now he's a broken man who is 100,000 dollars in debt. That's why.

yourfavestoner
09-17-2010, 10:14 AM

I've got a feeling that it's against the rules somewhere, because I read one some coach saying that they should be able to do this far more easily than they are currently able to.

Either way, he's a complete ******* moron for
1) not paying the guys back ON PRINCIPAL
2) letting it get to the point where they filed a lawsuit, which was basically shooting up flares for the NCAA to start investigating
and
3) not settling the ******* lawsuit. Seriously, you have millions of dollars now. He owed them around $500,000. He let this suit drag on for four years and didn't settle until this summer, the day before he was scheduled to have his deposition taken. Once you reach a settlement in a lawsuit, all parties are forced to sign a confidentiality agreement. The NCAA wouldn't have been able to find out anything.

Everyone forgets that this whole thing started from the lawsuit. It wasn't the NCAA setting up some self-righteous witch hunt for Reggie Bush and USC. He caused the problem and would have completely gotten away with this had he just paid the guys.

CJSchneider
09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I've got a feeling that it's against the rules somewhere, because I read one some coach saying that they should be able to do this far more easily than they are currently able to.

Either way, he's a complete ******* moron for
1) not paying the guys back ON PRINCIPAL
2) letting it get to the point where they filed a lawsuit, which was basically shooting up flares for the NCAA to start investigating
and
3) not settling the ******* lawsuit. Seriously, you have millions of dollars now. He owed them around $500,000. He let this suit drag on for four years and didn't settle until this summer, the day before he was scheduled to have his deposition taken. Once you reach a settlement in a lawsuit, all parties are forced to sign a confidentiality agreement. The NCAA wouldn't have been able to find out anything.

Everyone forgets that this whole thing started from the lawsuit. It wasn't the NCAA setting up some self-righteous witch hunt for Reggie Bush and USC. He caused the problem and would have completely gotten away with this had he just paid the guys.

This is what it really boils down to. Either he is an idiot or he has a team of idiots in his ear. either way, he could have cleared this all up if he hadn't waited so long.

FUNBUNCHER
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Excellent points, YFS.

That's an angle I haven't heard about this whole situation ONCE in the media. You're right, he absolutely could have avoided this controversy, but instead chose to blow off someone who bought his parents a $750,000 house.

Reggie Bush is lucky he didn't catch a bullet, never mind giving back the Heisman.