PDA

View Full Version : Bush loses Heisman

HawkEye30
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-bushheisman090710

Now i know its yahoo, but they do get a lot of stuff right. What do you guys think?

Jvig43
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Espn is reporting it too.

HawkEye30
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Espn is reporting it too.

Yeah, i just turned on sportscenter and saw it.

prock
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Should put this in the college football section.

But I couldn't care less about Bush. If anything, I agree with the decision to strip it.

K Train
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated

Splat
09-07-2010, 09:41 AM
It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Reggie Bush could give 2 shits about it.

nepg
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
It's stupid. Nothing he did off the field influenced his play on the field. He didn't cheat the game.

P-L
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.
Yeah, he was still by far the best player in college football that year throughout the regular season (remember, the Heisman is a regular season award) and this doesn't change that. Anyone who watched college football that year will remember what Bush did.

Splat
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
It's not like the Heisman is a huge deal like it used to be, it's no different then what the NFL pro bowl has become a popularity contest.

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Most people today don't believe in any accountability in college football. Bush's family was living in a HOUSE paid for by an agent while he was at USC, among other illegal payments.
USC is on a near death penalty probation specifically because of the actions of Reggie Bush.

He'll never be able to step foot on the campus again without his name being mud.

He's the most disgraced USC runner since O.J., and he brought it all on himself because of his ego.

You can say losing the Heisman means nothing to Bush.
I bet it does.

The NCAA isn't spotless, but we can't act like 'rules' don't matter either.
How would folks feel if Phil Knight was paying top Oregon recruits $150,000 large to play for the Ducks, chump change for a guy like him??

Fans nowadays have become so cynical, I really have a hard time understanding the appeal of a site like SWDC.

It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??

Reggie Bush is a loser. Still, a rich one, but the fact remains he put his own needs above those of his teammates.

If I was on the NC teams, I'd be pissed off at the guy for life. USC fans can claim until the end of time they really won those championships, except that they didn't.

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Just to clarify: is his name being taken out of the record books as a Heisman winner, or do they actually come to pick up the Heisman trophy from Bush? Because if he keeps the trophy who gives a damn about what the record book says.

K Train
09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off

Splat
09-07-2010, 10:04 AM
It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??

It's still real to me dammit...

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 10:09 AM
bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off

If this is how you really feel, the member universities of the NCAA need to end the pretense, abandon the NCAA and form their own athletic association.

Treat them all like minor league prospects, pay them whatever you want and let them juice up like Dominican baseball players.

K Train
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
If this his how you really feel, the member universities of the NCAA need to end the pretense, abandon the NCAA and form their own athletic association.

Treat them all like minor league prospects, pay them whatever you want and let them juice up like Dominican baseball players.

i didnt say this should happen, USC was clearly in violation of many things during this time....but it cant be put on bush who was just a ******* child at the time. these athletes are immature and stupid, they just like anyone would get big eyes when a bunch of nice, free stuff is put in front of them to persuade them

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, he was still by far the best player in college football that year throughout the regular season

You're crazy if you think he was head and shoulders better than Vince Young that season. VY had some unreal games for that undefeated Texas team.

hockey619
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
You're crazy if you think he was head and shoulders better than Vince Young that season. VY had some unreal games for that undefeated Texas team.

This is very true, i was gunna say something but didnt think anyone woulda bought it.

But Young carried that texas team in a few games where they just didnt show up. There were multiple games that year that the team didnt look very good but Young pulled them through and carried them to that NC game.

Bush had a few of those games where he was damn good (fresno state in particular, ND was a good one from him too) but in the end he had Leinart and LenWhale helpin him out. He was amazing at times but he didnt have the hopes of the whole team on his back as much as vince did imo.

Sportsfan486
09-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Then a LOT of people that follow college football closely are crazy. Take away that Rose Bowl game, which isn't part of voting (although I feel bowl games should be) and he was no where near as impressive. Hindsight is 20/20 but according to the rules Bush was clearly the heisman winner that year.

Taking away the trophy is stupid. Who really cares if his parents got a house? Oh no! GASP! It's not like a crime happened, it's just "to protect the integrity" that doesn't actually exist and this is just one case out of hundreds and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I get that he broke the rules but it's too late. They voted him the winner. Taking it away years later makes everyone look like a douche.

Shiver
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Apparently people forgot that Vince Young was better than Reggie Bush the entire season, even prior to the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry, leading your team to beating Ohio State on the road is more impressive than dominating Notre Dame and Fresno State. Vince Young was dominant throughout, but his best performances came in the first half of the season so it wasn't as fresh in the minds of the voters. He was still great, but he didn't get much of a challenge or opportunity for greatness in the Big XII that year.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated

Yeah but I am sure it hurts to know that they erased him from school history basically. You work hard to accomplish stuff at USC only to see them format you from their hard drives.

nepg
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Reggie Bush run v. Fresno State is the definitive play of that season. Ya, he's a turd of an NFL RB, but he was so much better than everyone in college...it was insane!

P-L
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't really feel like debating with a Texas fan, but Bush received the second most first place votes in the award's history and received ten times more first place votes than Vince Young. If not for the amazingly ridiculous Rose Bowl performance by Young, this wouldn't even be debated today.

Sportsfan486
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Apparently people forgot that Vince Young was better than Reggie Bush the entire season, even prior to the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry, leading your team to beating Ohio State on the road is more impressive than dominating Notre Dame and Fresno State. Vince Young was dominant throughout, but his best performances came in the first half of the season so it wasn't as fresh in the minds of the voters. He was still great, but he didn't get much of a challenge or opportunity for greatness in the Big XII that year.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that Vince Young had anything short of an amazing season. It's simply that Bush had one of those "man among boy" seasons. There wasn't a single game in the season that he didn't look like a college star playing against high schoolers and there were several games where he looked like a hall-of-fame NFLer against high schoolers. He averaged over 8.5 yards a carry and over 12 yards per reception. There's a reason (almost) everyone was drooling over him as the #1 pick.

Vince Young's season, as good as it was, was not the same. It's also important to recognize that the Heisman is NOT an MVP award. If it was, VY wins it hands down. It goes to the most outstanding player (*on a great team,) which was Bush.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
can someone tell me what happened? i thought he took like some money from companys, how is that changing what he did on the field?

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't really feel like debating with a Texas fan, but Bush received the second most first place votes in the award's history and received ten times more first place votes than Vince Young. If not for the amazingly ridiculous Rose Bowl performance by Young, this wouldn't even be debated today.

The same situation happened with Reggie Bush and the Fresno State game. Everyone rode his dick to the heisman after that game against a garbage Fresno St team. Most of those "yards" were on punt or kick returns anyway.

Go look at Vince Young in 05, @ Ohio St, beating Oklahoma by a record margin, 500+ yards of offense vs Okie St, Big 12 championship v Buffalo winning by a 67 point margin.

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
People act like Bush rushed for 2500 yards and 40 TDs that Heisman season.

Bush was the most exciting player in college football, no doubt, but was he 'the best'??

As Heisman winners go, stat wise, he had an average season in '05.

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
can someone tell me what happened? i thought he took like some money from companys, how is that changing what he did on the field?

It's not changing what he did on the field, but invalidating it. They've erased those USC seasons from the record books, and they've asked them to forfeit revenues they gained from bowl games.

Fico
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't think anyone is going to argue that Vince Young had anything short of an amazing season. It's simply that Bush had one of those "man among boy" seasons. There wasn't a single game in the season that he didn't look like a college star playing against high schoolers and there were several games where he looked like a hall-of-fame NFLer against high schoolers. He averaged over 8.5 yards a carry and over 12 yards per reception. There's a reason (almost) everyone was drooling over him as the #1 pick.

Vince was the first 3000 / 1000 QB. Reggie was not the first anything. ESPN had to popularize a statistic to help push their candidate, "total yards."

Reggie was a great player, Vince was otherworldly in 2005.

Oh.... Reggie had 500+ yds against Fresno State.... Vince had 500+ versus Oklahoma State. Vince beat Ohio State, Reggie beat nobody of note. Reggie had Lindale White, Matt Lienart, and one of their big slow awesome college receivers, I forget which. Vince had a lot of talent around him but none on that offense were as good as those 3 above. Vince didn't play in the fourth quarter in almost all the games, Vince didn't play through the 3rd quarter in most games. Texas' closest game, outside of the MNC was Ohio State, and then Texas A&M at 11 points. Texas destroyed everyone that year. They averaged over 50 pts a game, they averaged more than USC. Vince didn't need a "Bush Push" to beat anybody. He needed a late touchdown pass that he threw.

Yes, I think most of the voters are stupid when it comes to the Heisman. It is a flavor of the month, whomever gets the most air time on ESPN award. The award is not for the best player in football, it is for the best offensive player on the most publicized team.

Sportsfan486
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
People act like Bush rushed for 2500 yards and 40 TDs that Heisman season.

Bush was the most exciting player in college football, no doubt, but was he 'the best'??

As Heisman winners go, stat wise, he had an average season in '06.

How many 1500+ yard rushing seasons with over 8.5 a carry are there in major College football? One.

Considering he was also the best returnman that year and did damage as a receiver, also, it's rather impressive. And Vince Young only got 3k/1k AFTER the BCS game. Thusly, it doesn't even count for Heisman voting, just further evidence people are tainted by that epic Rose Bowl.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Most of those "yards" were on punt or kick returns anyway.

You're better than this.

23 carries, 294 yards, 2 TD
3 receptions, 68 yards
135 KR yards
16 PR yards

58.4 percent of his yards came on either rushes or catches.

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
You're better than this.

23 carries, 294 yards, 2 TD
3 receptions, 68 yards
135 KR yards
16 PR yards

58.4 percent of his yards came on either rushes or catches.

41.6% of your "total yards" being from ST is a whole lot when you're constantly hearing "ZOMGZ 500 total yardzzz!!!11"

Vince Young actually had a game where he had 500 yards of offense in the regular season. Against a team that actually had a pulse.

Fico
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
How many 1500+ yard rushing seasons with over 8.5 a carry are there in major College football? One.

How many people have had a 3000/1000 season while being #3 in pass efficiency. While playing a better schedule than Bush did.

Sportsfan486
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
How many people have had a 3000/1000 season while being #3 in pass efficiency. While playing a better schedule than Bush did.

How many QBs have had better stats than 3000 passing yards and 26/10? How about that year alone? And Vince Young didn't have a 3000/1000 when voters voted. Bush DID have 1500+ and a 8.5 average. Seriously guys, THE VOTING IS BEFORE THE ROSE BOWL. 3000/1000 IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT, HE DIDN'T HAVE A 3000/1000 WHEN THEY VOTED AND BASED ON HIS YARDS PER GAME IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE HE'D GET IT.

And if Texas' schedule was more difficult, it wasn't by much. Both teams played pretty powdery soft schedules.

Regardless, we've gotten away from the topic at hand. Should Vince Young be awarded the Heisman or should it stay empty? I feel Young should be awarded it, he obviously would have if Bush hadn't been there.

FUNBUNCHER
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Know what VY and Reggie Bush have in common??

NEITHER is a Heisman trophy winner!!lol

Sniper
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
41.6% of your "total yards" being from ST is a whole lot when you're constantly hearing "ZOMGZ 500 total yardzzz!!!11"

Considering it annihilated the previous record, it doesn't really matter.

Vince Young actually had a game where he had 500 yards of offense in the regular season. Against a team that actually had a pulse.

Wait, so a QB had more yards in a game than a RB did? That never happens. Like, ever ever.

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Wait, so a QB had more yards in a game than a RB did? That never happens. Like, ever ever.

Not when the QB almost has as much rushing yards as that RB that was teh greatest evar against the cupcake fresno st team.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Not when the QB almost has as much rushing yards as that RB that was teh greatest evar against the cupcake fresno st team.

Vince Young's touches- 30 passes, 21 carries (51 touches) 9.9 yards per touch
Reggie Bush's touches- 23 carries, three receptions, one punt return, seven kickoff returns (34 touches) 15 yards per touch

Yep, totally the same thing. You're blasting Bush for doing it against an 8-5 Fresno State team, but praising Young to high heavens for doing it against a powerhouse 4-7 Okie State squad. Seriously?

Plus, you got the important trophy anyway.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
It's not changing what he did on the field, but invalidating it. They've erased those USC seasons from the record books, and they've asked them to forfeit revenues they gained from bowl games.
they invalidated them cause they took money? im not following college so idk whats going on

Fico
09-07-2010, 03:59 PM
How many QBs have had better stats than 3000 passing yards and 26/10? How about that year alone? And Vince Young didn't have a 3000/1000 when voters voted. Bush DID have 1500+ and a 8.5 average. Seriously guys, THE VOTING IS BEFORE THE ROSE BOWL. 3000/1000 IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT, HE DIDN'T HAVE A 3000/1000 WHEN THEY VOTED AND BASED ON HIS YARDS PER GAME IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE HE'D GET IT.

And if Texas' schedule was more difficult, it wasn't by much. Both teams played pretty powdery soft schedules.

Regardless, we've gotten away from the topic at hand. Should Vince Young be awarded the Heisman or should it stay empty? I feel Young should be awarded it, he obviously would have if Bush hadn't been there.

True about when the 3000/1000 was achieved. However, Vince accumulated those stats in roughly half a season, due to all the time he spent watching the second team play. Also I mentioned, that Bush had a Heisman winning QB, a very good #1 college wide receiver, another 1000 yard rusher, and a below average defense that made sure he had multiple opportunities to rack up stats. Would this even be a conversation if USC's defense hadn't given up 45 points or whatever to Fresno? Yes all that matters because you have to take each of their accomplishments in context.

Fico
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Vince Young's touches- 30 passes, 21 carries (51 touches) 9.9 yards per touch
Reggie Bush's touches- 23 carries, three receptions, one punt return, seven kickoff returns (34 touches) 15 yards per touch

What would the average per touch be if you took away his kickoff returns that game? Hell a 20 yd average on a kickoff return is mediocre, but it sure can boost your argument when it is presented as you did.

Just curious.

Mr.Regular
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Bush was the obvious Heisman winner that season. He was insane.
Young was a great player, but Bush looked like an out of this world, once in a generation, type of player....and in all honesty he was. He dominated like no other.
Now if you count the Rose Bowl, different story. But you dont.

I see no point taking away his Heisman. He deserved it. I know he violated NCAA rules, but those rules are ridiculous, out-dated, and countless players violate them. The NCAA is a joke. They're trying to protect the integrity of the Heisman by doing this I suppose, but I think it'd show more integrity by saying FU NCAA, Bush deserved it, your rules suck, and its 5 years after the fact anyway.

hockey619
09-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Yeah but I feel Bush benefited from the enormous hype that USC got that year. I mean, ESPN hyped them as the greatest team EVER in college football, and Bush as the greatest college player ever or one of the top ones.

Bush was damn good, and whoever said he looked like a HOF amongst boys was dead on, but i just didnt (and still dont) think he carried his team like Young did. Both were deserving of it, i thought the gap in voting was a product of USC's hype.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Jumped the gun, Heisman committee says no change.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/heisman_director_ya%3E%20hoo_report_completely_fal se/3185614

"UPDATE: Heisman Trust President William Dockery released his own statement on the matter.
September 7, 2010

The status of the USC / Bush matter remains unchanged. Any reports to the contrary are inaccurate. Please refer to July 2010 statement below.

William J. Dockery

President , Heisman Trust

Re: Heisman Trophy – USC/Reggie Bush

“The Heisman Trophy Trust, is a 501(c)(3) charitable trust, which each year contributes significant monies to the underserved of our country.

The Trust will be considering the issues raised in the USC/Reggie Bush matter, and after reaching a decision will publish it, but due to the complex issues involved and the Trust’s desire to reach an appropriate decision, no definitive timetable has been established. Until the matter has been fully considered and a decision is reached, the Trust has no further comment.”

William J. Dockery
President
Heisman Trophy Trust"

Brodeur
09-07-2010, 04:57 PM
DeAngelo Williams deserved the Heisman that year anyway.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 05:00 PM
What would the average per touch be if you took away his kickoff returns that game? Hell a 20 yd average on a kickoff return is mediocre, but it sure can boost your argument when it is presented as you did.

Just curious.

Well, 513 yards -135 yards equals 378 yards. 34 touches - seven kickoff returns is 27 touches. Therefore, it's an even 14 yards per touch.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Also I mentioned, that Bush had a Heisman winning QB, a very good #1 college wide receiver, another 1000 yard rusher, and a below average defense that made sure he had multiple opportunities to rack up stats.

Yeah, whereas Young played with a bunch of scrubs all season. That Longhorns team really had zero talent on it. We all know Texas is always scraping the bottom of the barrel to land talent.

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah, whereas Young played with a bunch of scrubs all season. That Longhorns team really had zero talent on it. We all know Texas is always scraping the bottom of the barrel to land talent.

The majority of the talent on that Texas team was on the defensive side. Vince was throwing to Billy Pittman, Ramonce Taylor, a young Limas Sweed and i can't quite recall who else. USC had like four five star WRs, along with the rest of the team that was built on 5 star recruits.

they invalidated them cause they took money? im not following college so idk whats going on

In CFB, if you take any money, or have anything to do with taking money or improper benefits, especially when dealing with pro agents, you're ineligible to play. Since they found that Reggie and his family had been receiving money (and a house apparently), they disqualified everything Reggie Bush and USC did that year.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
In CFB, if you take any money, or have anything to do with taking money or improper benefits, especially when dealing with pro agents, you're ineligible to play. Since they found that Reggie and his family had been receiving money (and a house apparently), they disqualified everything Reggie Bush and USC did that year.

not the Heisman.

lol, yet, but still. It's not like they're going to give it to Vince, this argument has been dead and buried too long. The voting was too overwhelming to seriously drag this through the mud again anyway.

Sniper
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
The majority of the talent on that Texas team was on the defensive side. Vince was throwing to Billy Pittman, Ramonce Taylor, a young Limas Sweed and i can't quite recall who else. USC had like four five star WRs, along with the rest of the team that was built on 5 star recruits.

Freshman RB Jamaal Charles ran for 878 yards and 11 TD that year on 7.38 yards per carry. Senior TE David Thomas had 50 catches for 613 yards and five touchdowns.

MetSox17
09-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Freshman RB Jamaal Charles ran for 878 yards and 11 TD that year on 7.38 yards per carry. Senior TE David Thomas had 50 catches for 613 yards and five touchdowns.

Freshman RB Jamaal Charles also had like 35 fumbles that year. Although he did light up AJ Hawk when they played OSU :D

YAYareaRB
09-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Unless there's dollar bills coming out the trophy's ass crack, he shouldn't be too torn up about it.

It's not like this is gonna erase our memory of what he did that season.

descendency
09-07-2010, 07:18 PM
He'll just pay the Heisman trust to let him keep it.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
They didn't take it away, this is now a hypothetical situation created by false reporting.

soybean
09-07-2010, 08:13 PM
He'll just pay the Heisman trust to let him keep it.

If he didn't pay off the prosecutors why would you pay off the Heisman trust? lol.

They didn't take it away, this is now a hypothetical situation created by false reporting.

Yahoo! has been extremely biased against Bush in every facet of this incident. They're suppose to report the news... not make it...

HawkEye30
09-07-2010, 08:32 PM
my apologies gents

wonderbredd24
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Maybe he should give it back just for being so mediocre in the pros.

Splat
09-07-2010, 08:42 PM

Winner.....

soybean
09-07-2010, 08:43 PM

haha then I guess neither bush nor young deserve the trophy.

descendency
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
If he didn't pay off the prosecutors why would you pay off the Heisman trust? lol.

Yahoo! has been extremely biased against Bush in every facet of this incident. They're suppose to report the news... not make it...

Because the Heisman trust can actually take something away from him. . .

Yahoo! is crap, period. They just make sh*t up. Forums are more reliable than Yahoo!.

Brent
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
or Leinart.

which leaves Brady Quinn (4th) and Michael Robinson (5th), followed by A.J. Hawk (6th) and DeAngelo Williams (7th)

congrats to DeAngelo Williams!

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 09:03 PM

hahhahahhah cosign maybe?

descendency
09-07-2010, 09:27 PM

The Heisman trophy would implode if you had to be good in the pros to keep it.

Brodeur
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
or Leinart.

which leaves Brady Quinn (4th) and Michael Robinson (5th), followed by A.J. Hawk (6th) and DeAngelo Williams (7th)

congrats to DeAngelo Williams!

Which goes back to my original point.

Fico
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM

I didn't mean to imply that, I actually stated, before that post,that Vince had a lot of talent on that O with him. I was implying that if you take Vince of that team, UT is 10-3 team at best. If you took Bush off that USC team they are 12-1 and MNCs.

No use hashing it anymore I think we both have our minds made up and neither one of us is going to convince the other to changes their opinion.

TitanHope
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM

Hey you! Shut your facehole! /Plinket

Anywhoooo...

Vince Young's mother told FOX 26 in Houston she believes her son deserved the 2005 Heisman Trophy, but has no interest in it being awarded now if it becomes available.

"We're not interested in having no honor and no glory out of somebody else they are trying to tear down, no," Felicia Young said. "They did not give Vincent the Heisman when he was there, even though I know that my son, he was the one who should have had the Heisman, but God didn't see it that way. He gave it to Reggie Bush."

"I know that my son is not thinking about the Heisman because God blessed him with even more than just that piece of wood," Felicia Young said. "He blessed him with the National Championship."

"Leave (Reggie Bush) alone because his stats and his ability and everything that he did as a human being in playing football he did wonderful.

"I say to Reggie Bush today 'you keep your head up.' "

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/vince-youngs-mother-vince-and-i-are-not.html

MetSox17
09-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Gotta love mommas.

A Perfect Score
09-08-2010, 12:49 AM
VY just wins gamezzz....but not Heismans.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 12:58 AM

Meh, Yahoo sports has been on this story like flies on ****. I listened to the guy who broke the story, and he seems extremely confident that it's going to happen at some point this month. Everything they've reported on in regards to this story has been accurate and their stories have been breaking far before anybody else has even gotten a whiff of what was going on.

Just because the Heisman Trust hasn't officially done it, taken a vote, and recorded the minutes doesn't mean that there hasn't been serious discussion about it and a consensus agreement on it.

CC.SD
09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Meh, Yahoo sports has been on this story like flies on ****. I listened to the guy who broke the story, and he seems extremely confident that it's going to happen at some point this month. Everything they've reported on in regards to this story has been accurate and their stories have been breaking far before anybody else has even gotten a whiff of what was going on.

Just because the Heisman Trust hasn't officially done it, taken a vote, and recorded the minutes doesn't mean that there hasn't been serious discussion about it and a consensus agreement on it.

I guess...I mean do you realize what the paper would look like if all it reported were things that might happen at some nondescript point in the future? they reported false information and got shut down by the Heisman committee, confident reporter or not.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I guess...I mean do you realize what the paper would look like if all it reported were things that might happen at some nondescript point in the future? they reported false information and got shut down by the Heisman committee, confident reporter or not.

You're basically describing modern day journalism.

Also, his report didn't say it would be stripped at some nondescript point, but that would be stripped of it by the end of the month. Unless the Heisman Trust decides to pull a Nixon and wait until October to do it just to **** with the press, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Everyone has denied everything regarding this story since 2006, yet Jason Cole has remained five steps ahead of everyone else. I'm not going to discount his word just because the Heisman Trust says they haven't officially put anything on record yet.

CC.SD
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
You're basically describing modern day journalism.

Also, his report didn't say it would be stripped at some nondescript point, but that would be stripped of it by the end of the month. Unless the Heisman Trust decides to pull a Nixon and wait until October to do it just to **** with the press, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Everyone has denied everything regarding this story since 2006, yet Jason Cole has remained five steps ahead of everyone else. I'm not going to discount his word just because the Heisman Trust says they haven't officially put anything on record yet.

hmm I definitely feel you, sports journalism is more rumor mongering than anything else, but you still can't report things that aren't true and pass em off as facts, especially when the subject of the story comes out and denies it. I don't blame the Heisman trust for milking this situation, this whole situation has made them more relevant than they've been in a long time.