PDA

View Full Version : Worst Team This Year?

katnip
09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Who do guys think will play the worst this year? I think its going to be the Bills. All though I hope CJ Spiller runs wild, as he's in one of my fantasy football leagues.

wicket
09-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I have the bills, good running backs, great defensive backfield but there is not much to like besides that

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 12:26 PM
The Rams have there Q now but thats about it, I will bet my left nut on it being either the Rams or Bills.. who else?

katnip
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
The Rams have there Q now but thats about it, I will bet my left nut on it being either the Rams or Bills.. who else?

Browns maybe, record wise.. Playing in the AFC North. I do think Eric Mangini is good at bringing in talent though. D'Brick, Mangold he drafted for the Jets. Brought in Jenkins, Pace, David Harris (draft), Revis I believe too.

K Train
09-07-2010, 12:33 PM
browns, bills, rams, bucs all have pieces that look great but their overall team leads me to think 4/5 top 5 picks

i also think the broncos will be terrible and last in the divison

Splat
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
It is hard not to pick the Bills there is just not much to like.

prock
09-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Bills, with the Broncos as a dark horse.

Shiver
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I think the Bills will be better than people think. Chan Gailey can coax offensive out of Tyler Thigpen, he can get the most out of Trent Edwards.

I think Seattle, St Louis, Cleveland and Denver will be worse.

HawkEye30
09-07-2010, 12:56 PM
although im excited for the hawks this year. it is a rebuilding year for us so we might be up there if matty goes down, which i hate to say it will likely happen.

AntoinCD
09-07-2010, 01:22 PM

Steven Jackson is going to hunt you down

Joecool
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Jacksonville or Raiders

K Train
09-07-2010, 01:33 PM
jacksonville is a good one, i wouldnt be surprised if the raiders go 8-8 though

katnip
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
jacksonville is a good one, i wouldnt be surprised if the raiders go 8-8 though

same here. I think the chance is pretty good

nepg
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hopefully the Raiders...

But I think it's a tough call. I think the Cardinals are right down there with the worst teams with Boldin gone and Anderson at QB.

Obviously Jax and Buffalo are in the mix with big questions at a number of positions and tough schedules in front of them.

The other two I'm thinking could fall into this group are Chicago and Seattle.

thenewfeature06
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Steven Jackson is going to hunt you down

Don't even know how I forgot him.. but I mean they still will be pretty bad

Joecool
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
yeah the rams suck! i hope they fire spags and hire gruden.

Prowler
09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
the rams' schedule is cake, i think they'll win 6 games. the bills are the worst.

wonderbredd24
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I think the only thing that can prevent Buffalo going 0-6 in that division is Mark Sanchez.

Normally, Miami has a tough time in Buffalo, but if memory serves, they play them in Buffalo very early in the year.

I hope CJ Spiller carries them to several wins so the Browns can get Locker, but their OLine sucks and the defense is new and really doesn't look good at least on paper.

Timbathia
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I think the Bills will be better than people think. Chan Gailey can coax offensive out of Tyler Thigpen, he can get the most out of Trent Edwards.

I think Seattle, St Louis, Cleveland and Denver will be worse.

If the Broncos cant win twice as many games as the Bills I will eat my hat (or as much of it as I can until I throw up). The Broncos have no reason to be in this discussion - same as they didnt last year when half of you picked them to be picking in the top 5.

Shiver
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
The Broncos went 2-6 at the end of the season, lost at home to the Chiefs, lost their best two players and still have Kyle Orton. Yes, they will win four games at most. My bet is more like three. They ended the season in a way that represented their team's actual talent level. Now without Marshall and Dumervil, what do they have? They may win some games because the division they are in is pathetic. That may save them from the abyss.

T-RICH49
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Bills outside of Spiller not much to get excited about

superman
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
man it's gotta be the bills. stacked at rb but if they get behind they're screwed. no qb or wr besides evans. strong secondary but weak d overall.

CJSchneider
09-07-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.decadeoffail.com/DOF.jpg

I do not see this changing this year.

brat316
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Rams...there defense still sucks.

Fat_Actor
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Well I have Cleveland at 1-15 this year so I will pick them. I also think that Buffalo, Jacksonville, KC, Oakland, Carolina, and St. Louis could also bid for it.

Timbathia
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
The Broncos went 2-6 at the end of the season, lost at home to the Chiefs, lost their best two players and still have Kyle Orton. Yes, they will win four games at most. My bet is more like three. They ended the season in a way that represented their team's actual talent level. Now without Marshall and Dumervil, what do they have? They may win some games because the division they are in is pathetic. That may save them from the abyss.

Kyle Orton will never be a great QB, but he is light years ahead of the QBs that the bottom ten teams have in the NFL. Have you actually seen the Broncos schedule? After the Jets, Ravens and Colts, then our division is about the hardest games we play.

SuperMcGee
09-07-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.decadeoffail.com/DOF.jpg

I do not see this changing this year.

So you're saying there's a 10% chance that we're picking in the top 5?
(that was a reach, I know. Fun image)

RaiderNation
09-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Bills, Rams or Browns

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I like Cleveland, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and and Jacksonville to be terrible this season.

I think I'm going with Tampa.

descendency
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
If Matt Hasselbeck gets hurt again, it will be the Seahawks.

edit: Then again, three teams in that division could be in the top 5... so maybe that hurts my prediction.

CC.SD
09-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I declare that the worst team shall be the Bills. Tough division, no O-line, QB, or defense. Plus Chan Gailey.

I love the Bills too I wish they had more going on.

Mr.Regular
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Bills. All the reasons have been stated before.
They just plain blow.

prock
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I have the real answer: the Green Bay Packers.

Mr.Regular
09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I have the real answer: the Green Bay Packers.
http://www.bluetreeservices.co.uk/driverShakingFist.jpg
why you!

BlindSite
09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Bears have a decent chance of being terrible but worst team in the league is either the Rams, Bills or Browns. If the browns lose delhomme as bad as he was last year they're in serious trouble, not as much as the Bills or Rams, but I think they'll be the bottom three.

wonderbredd24
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Seneca Wallace > Brady Quinn/Derek Anderson

At least Wallace can run

armageddon
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
The Rams will be much better than you all think.

Mr.Regular
09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
The Rams will be much better than you all think.
If Bradford live up to the hype, yes.
They've got an easy schedule too. I can see 6-7 wins if everything goes perfectly, though I'm not the biggest Bradford fan.
I don't usually buy into the preseason, but I will admit he did look good. It'll be interesting to see how he does when it counts.

Bucs_Rule
09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
If Bradford live up to the hype, yes.
They've got an easy schedule too. I can see 6-7 wins if everything goes perfectly, though I'm not the biggest Bradford fan.
I don't usually buy into the preseason, but I will admit he did look good. It'll be interesting to see how he does when it counts.

Definitely and in the middle of the season when teams get good tape on him. He has looked really sharp in the preseason and thrown the ball right where he wanted to.

That part of playing shouldn't change too much in the regular season, the schemes will be tougher and defenders will jump his passes but they still should go where he thinks is best. Which is something many QBs can't even do.

The O-line should be decent. Jackson will get lots of yards and teams will focus on him. Leaving passing easier.

Nikolas
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
The worst TEAM will probably be Seattle. But because of their division (and their very weak schedule), they'll get more wins than they would elsewhere.

The worst RECORD will most likely be the Bills, followed by Jacksonville. Both teams have tough schedules due to their division. I predict it will come down to their meeting on Oct 10, with whoever loses getting first pick.

Michigan
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
OMG we've went a full page without mentioning the lions!!!!!!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091216060550/uncyclopedia/images/a/a9/Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Cunningham
09-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Kyle Orton will never be a great QB, but he is light years ahead of the QBs that the bottom ten teams have in the NFL. Have you actually seen the Broncos schedule? After the Jets, Ravens and Colts, then our division is about the hardest games we play.
haven't you heard? mcdaniels is the worst coach in the nfl!!!

little napoleon has no idea what he's doing!!!

alphonso smith!!!

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Only real contenders, imo

Browns
Chiefs
Lions
Bills
Jaguars
Rams

Answers like the Cardinals and Broncos confuse me.

09-08-2010, 08:07 AM
OMG we've went a full page without mentioning the lions!!!!!!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091216060550/uncyclopedia/images/a/a9/Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

And the Raiders were mentioned multiple times. Are people that naive? We get rid of JaMarcus ******* Russell and now we're expected to be 2-3 games worse by some....

AntoinCD
09-08-2010, 08:17 AM
I would say the Bills are the favourite right now followed by the Browns. The Rams should be able to sneak a few games in their division and have a relatively easy schedule. Both the Browns and Bills will likely go 0-6 in their division. Im predicting the Bills.

Splat
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
The Chiefs running game alone will keep them out of this race.

Bengals78
09-08-2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.bluetreeservices.co.uk/driverShakingFist.jpg
why you!

Damned kids and their rebel rousing

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 08:29 AM
The Chiefs running game alone will keep them out of this race.

I think Jamaal Charles a lot more than most, he helped we win all my fantasy leagues last year, but the rush defenses he did well against last year weren't the best around. In the 6 games he gained 90+ yards the ranks of the run defenses were 29th, 20th, 30th, 28th, 7th, and 26th. Not trying to take anything away from him, just saying. Even if their running game is top 10 the Chiefs still have a very weak run defense, mediocre passing game, and slightly above average pass defense

killxswitch
09-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Bills! Not much more to say. Most bad teams from last year have something to be excited about, but not Buffalo.

killxswitch
09-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Damned kids and their rebel rousing

"rabble" rousing.

Splat
09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I think Jamaal Charles a lot more than most, he helped we win all my fantasy leagues last year, but the rush defenses he did well against last year weren't the best around. In the 6 games he gained 90+ yards the ranks of the run defenses were 29th, 20th, 30th, 28th, 7th, and 26th. Not trying to take anything away from him, just saying. Even if their running game is top 10 the Chiefs still have a very weak run defense, mediocre passing game, and slightly above average pass defense

It's not just Charles they have Jones and Mcclusster as well, and Romeo Crennel alone will improve their D the players have been buying everything he is selling all off season.

The Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but to say they are going to be the worst team in the NFL is taking it to far.

vidae
09-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I agree. I doubt we sniff the playoffs but I think it's more likely we're a playoff team than the worst team in the NFL.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-08-2010, 09:40 AM

I hate this logic. "He did well against the bad teams." Yeah, he did what he's supposed to do and succeeded where he should have succeeded. It's hardly his fault that the coaching staff kept running LJ out there for the first 7 games. Besides, no matter the opponent, JC did something last year that no other RB in the history of the game has done. He rushed for more than 1,000 yds with less than 200 carries and he smashed it! How about more than 1,100 yds on 190 carries.

Steven Jackson had a very similar season to JC as far as production against bad opponents. He had 7 100 yd games 6 of them cam against #16 or below rush defense and 4 of those came against #21 or below. He did get GB (#1) for 117. I'm not trying to disparage Steven Jackson. Rather, I'm showing that alot of RBs feast on the weak. JC had 5 100 yd games in 9 starts and 4 of them came against the #26 run defense and below. He did get Cincy (#7) for 102.

CJ2K had 10 games against the bottom half of the leagues run defense. In those 10 games he ran for 1241 yds. That's an amazing number! Thats a desent season for some guys and he did it in 10 games.

AD had 7 90+ yd games. 4 of them came against the #23 or worse

All I'm saying is that's what the good backs do, they get big yardage when the opponents are weak.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Like I said, I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying that his production last year can be attributed more to the strength of schedule than anything else. To say whether or not the Chiefs running game is good or bad based on 8 games against weak run defenses is stupid. One thing that I will say, however, is that I doubt Charles puts up numbers like he did the last half of last year and I don't think the Chiefs running game will finish in the top 10.

Poz51
09-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Only real contenders, imo

Browns
Chiefs
Lions
Bills
Jaguars
Rams

Answers like the Cardinals and Broncos confuse me.

Cardinals minus Warner, Boldin, Rolle and Dansby, losing 2 of thier 3 best players on offense and defense (IMO), with Derek Anderson starting at QB whats confusing?? Although the Division itself is nothing special yet....

Broncos traded away Marshall, have no true go to guy that alters opponents defensive game plan, and with Dumerville out for the year who on defense is going to pick up the slack and scare offensive coordinators??

They have good players on both teams still but losing top end talent like that hurts regardless, and I believe Arizona particularly will really be hurt by the QB position, Warner was special, Anderson is... Well NOT...

I can see why people are picking Buffalo, and I think they will fight St. Louis for the top pick, however, minus the Skins game their starting offense looked better, and the secondary is one of the best in the league when healthy. I am surprised the Seahawks are not in the conversation, if Hasselback goes down can Whitehurst lead the team? Who is going to rush the passer?? Then will the secondary get exposed? I do like the direction they went in the draft...

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Like I said, I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying that his production last year can be attributed more to the strength of schedule than anything else. To say whether or not the Chiefs running game is good or bad based on 8 games against weak run defenses is stupid. One thing that I will say, however, is that I doubt Charles puts up numbers like he did the last half of last year and I don't think the Chiefs running game will finish in the top 10.

Look at their schedule again. The Chiefs play a pretty easier schedule than last year. I know that things change from year to year, but this schedule definitely plays in the Chiefs favor, both with their record and ability to run the ball. By the way, which team finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing during the preseason? That's right the Chiefs. Preseason don't mean much, but it does show a franchise philosophy that running the ball is important and we have more than enough capable RBs to get it done. If the Chiefs aren't top 10 in rushing yards, they will be top 10 in rushing attempts and Haley/Weis will die trying to run the ball.

LizardState
09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
The Rams were so awful last yr. some teams might overlook them & get bushwhacked. They will be drafting in the top 5 though as will 2/3rds of the Florida teams, Tampa Bay & J-Ville.

2011 draft order:

1) Buffalo 2-14
2) Tampa Bay 3-13
3) Browns 3-13
4) Rams 4-12
5) Jags 4-12

Yes this is the season the Stafford leads the Lions out of loserdom (more likely with Suh dominating entire games b/c he's a once in a decade DT, isn't he?), Mangini gets canned in Cleveland so Walrus Holmgren can bring in his own staff, & Del Rio done in J-Ville. And Lovie Smith gets booted in the NFC North b/c their OL can't protect Cutler.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
It's not just Charles they have Jones and Mcclusster as well, and Romeo Crennel alone will improve their D the players have been buying everything he is selling all off season.

The Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but to say they are going to be the worst team in the NFL is taking it to far.

Sorry, not buying that just yet.

Bengals78
09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I think the Chiefs will start to surprise people but will struggle when they get down early because I dont trust Cassel to be able to lead the team.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
They'd be an 8-8 team with a decent QB, I see 5-11 or 6-10 for them. They can't pass and can't stop the run.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Even if I was to buy into the Chiefs running game, which remains to be seen, the other things I said still stand. Crennel is not going to be able to turn the defense from one of the worst running defenses in the league to good and the pass defense will suffer due to lack of pass rush. Looking at their schedule I see 4-6 wins so I do think they will be competing for the top pick.

As for the Cardinals and Broncos. The Cardinals defense, mostly their run defense, is a lot better than people give it credit for and they should have a pretty good running game this year with Hightower and Wells. They also play a pretty easy schedule and even though Derek Anderson sucks he will look decent because of Fitz. The Broncos are going to be mediocre pretty much across the board, imo, but they are not bad enough anywhere to be competing for the top pick

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
They'd be an 8-8 team with a decent QB, I see 5-11 or 6-10 for them. They can't pass and can't stop the run.

Not only that, but they'll find out how worthless "guru" coordinators are when they have no talent to work with.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
It isn't like this is 2004 or something. These guys were "guru/masterminds" that went to two different places and failed miserably. Crennel wasn't even in the league last year.

P-L
09-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't know who is going to be the worst team in football will be this year, but I guarantee it will be a team whose fanbase is denying that they will have a top five pick this year. There are 32 fanbases that think their team is going to be better than they really are.

P-L
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
It isn't like this is 2004 or something. These guys were "guru/masterminds" that went to two different places and failed miserably. Crennel wasn't even in the league last year.
For being such a great offensive mind, I find it interesting that New England's offense actually got better after Weis left.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
For being such a great offensive mind, I find it interesting that New England's offense actually got better after Weis left.

In 2004 they were better than they were in 2005-2006. They got better in 2007 for obvious reasons

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
In 2004 they were better than they were in 2005-2006. They got better in 2007 for obvious reasons

Exactly. Players>plays.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Romeo Crennel is going to play nose tackle.

The Chiefs won 4 games last year, yet with virtually the same roster, people are supposed to believe they are going to improve.

They can't stop the run or rush the passer and the only thing they did to try to help that is bringing in a new defensive coordinator.

Did the Chiefs have some good players get hurt last year that are coming back this year? If not, what happens if they have a key injury?

And it's not like Chiefs fans are the only one who think this... football outsiders has them winning the division. I don't see it.

Are they gonna be the worst team in the NFL? Probably not, but I think they are picking in the Top 5 again.

I'm also perplexed by the fact people have the Browns getting worse from last year, but they are the Browns, so we'll see.

P-L
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean that they got immediately better. But yeah, over the last three years the offense has been better than they were under Weis.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I was done with Weis after watching the Notre Dame-Michigan game last year when Golden Tate was having his way over and over with Cissoko and they just stopped throwing it to Tate at the end of the game and lost. Notre Dame should have put up 70+ on that Michigan defense.

Weis is notorious for getting way too cute with his playcalling.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean that they got immediately better. But yeah, over the last three years the offense has been better than they were under Weis.

And that improvement has really nothing to do with the offensive coordinator. Give any competent coordinator Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and a good offensive line and the offense is going to be one of the best there is.

prock
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it will go like this:

Packers: 0-16
Bills: 2-14
Broncos: 3-13
Bucs: 3-13
Seahawks: 4-12
Rams: 4-12
Chiefs: 5-11
Jags: 5-11
Cardinals: 6-10

Or something like that.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Kyle Orton is literally ten times the QB of any starter on every other team that has been mentioned. And Kyle Orton isn't even that good. He just shits on Delhomme/Edwards/a rookie.

Fat_Actor
09-08-2010, 12:17 PM
The Rams were so awful last yr. some teams might overlook them & get bushwhacked. They will be drafting in the top 5 though as will 2/3rds of the Florida teams, Tampa Bay & J-Ville.

2011 draft order:

1) Buffalo 2-14
2) Tampa Bay 3-13
3) Browns 3-13
4) Rams 4-12
5) Jags 4-12

Yes this is the season the Stafford leads the Lions out of loserdom (more likely with Suh dominating entire games b/c he's a once in a decade DT, isn't he?), Mangini gets canned in Cleveland so Walrus Holmgren can bring in his own staff, & Del Rio done in J-Ville. And Lovie Smith gets booted in the NFC North b/c their OL can't protect Cutler.

5-7 wins is more like it for Tampa. I just dont see them doing the same or worst last year. They WILL improve.

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm also perplexed by the fact people have the Browns getting worse from last year, but they are the Browns, so we'll see.

I think its Delholme. People hate him, but then they have to remember just how bad the Browns QBs were last season, and Delholme is an upgrade.

I like the line, a veteran QB, and probably a solid run game. There are some talented players on the defense, but as I whole I think its a weak unit. I don't see much of a pass rush.

I think the Browns win 5-6 this year.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I think its Delholme. People hate him, but then they have to remember just how bad the Browns QBs were last season, and Delholme is an upgrade.

I like the line, a veteran QB, and probably a solid run game. There are some talented players on the defense, but as I whole I think its a weak unit. I don't see much of a pass rush.

I think the Browns win 5-6 this year.
You don't see much of a pass rush, because there isn't one. Matt Roth is a nice player, but outside of that, Marcus Benard is the only guy who seems to get any pressure on the quarterback and he's a 3rd down guy. Shaun Rogers, whenever he comes back, will help, but we are basically relying on Rob Ryan's creativity and the fact we have good corners (Wright, Haden, Brown) to allow us to send the house at the quarterback.

Losing Hardesty sucks, but the Browns had 2,000 yards as a team last year with Jamal Lewis's rotting corpse. This year, we have Jerome Harrison coming back, despite how awful he's looked in the preseason, Peyton Hillis who is a beast, and James Davis who because of the injury to Hardesty, may get more opportunities.

The line is better than last year... still have Thomas, Steinbach, and Mack, but Lauvao has been good and Tony Pashos, provided he can stay healthy is a HUGE upgrade over John SuckClair. And Lawrence Vickers is a monster, who continues to say he's going to take out the fact that he doesn't have a long term deal yet out on his opponents. It's utterly insane he hasn't been signed long term by the way.

I'm not gonna get crazy over Jake Delhomme, but he was effective in the preseason and if the Browns can run the ball, there should be decent matchups to throw to and people forget the Browns have Ben Watson, who is a nice tight end. If nothing else, Jake Delhomme looks like an NFL quarterback. You couldn't say that about Quinn/Anderson. Delhomme also claims he wasn't healthy last year and that he is now. We'll see.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Kyle Orton is literally ten times the QB of any starter on every other team that has been mentioned. And Kyle Orton isn't even that good. He just shits on Delhomme/Edwards/a rookie.

Don't care. The Broncos without Marshall and Dumervil are ******* terrible.

tjsunstein
09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I have to believe it will be the Browns. Gut feeling. But then again, we're picking the worst team in the NFL so really there's no good answer.

Splat
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
The Chiefs won 4 games last year, yet with virtually the same roster, people are supposed to believe they are going to improve.

They can't stop the run or rush the passer and the only thing they did to try to help that is bringing in a new defensive coordinator.

I could say the same thing about the Browns.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Yea... but we do have a legitimate nose tackle, which is just an enormous difference.

Edit: And the Browns were tied for 8th in sacks last year with 40.

We don't have a legit pass rusher, but the way Rob Ryan runs his defense, everyone will get a couple... like in the Steelers game where the Browns had 8

fear the elf
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM

What are you basing it on though? We ranked 8th in sacks last year. Maybe it won't translate to this year, we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will win 6 games, which would be enough to keep us out of the first pick.

Splat
09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Browns fans always bring up how they played vs the Steelers last year, the Steelers had a down year the Chiefs beat them to it's not all that impressive.

And you keep bringing up what Jake Delhomme has done in the preseason but what the Chiefs have done on D in the pre season means nothing.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Browns fans always bring up how they played vs the Steelers last year, the Steelers had a down year the Chiefs beat them to it's not all that impressive.

And you keep bringing up what Jake Delhomme has done in the preseason but what the Chiefs have done on D in the pre season means nothing.

I have no idea what the Chiefs have done in preseason.

And I keep saying that I have no expectations for Jake Delhomme, despite how well he's played in the preseason. All I can say for sure is that he looks like an NFL quarterback, which we did not have last year.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I dunno how Seattle isn't running away with this. They don't have a single position with talent other than an above average linebacker in Tatupu.

Splat
09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I have no idea what the Chiefs have done in preseason.

Well if you had watched them you would know that their starters never gave up more then 10 points in each game, and that they have looked much improved.

I'm not saying it will carry over to the real season but RC has players in the right position, and they should be a better unit, the pass rush has been what has stuck out the most.

To tell you the truth I don't think the Brown or the Chiefs will be picking top five top ten maybe but not top 5.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I dunno how Seattle isn't running away with this. They don't have a single position with talent other than an above average linebacker in Tatupu.

It really does seem like Carroll is tanking the season, but the only thing that might save them from dead last is the abortion of a division they play in

SuperMcGee
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM

I think the Chiefs and Bills are more similar than you care to admit.

diabsoule
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Bills, Broncos, and Browns. It's a menage of crap.

Splat
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Why admit something that isn't true?

J-Mike88
09-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Bills
Browns
Rams
Jaguars

J-Mike88
09-08-2010, 01:43 PM
They get 4 games with the Rams and Warner-less Cardinals to begin with.
They have a decent to good QB which can't be said for the Bills and Browns.

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM

The Seahawks weren't competing for the top spot last year when they had tons of injuries. They have only improved in the offseason, imo, and have a pretty easy schedule.

vidae
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I think the Chiefs and Bills are more similar than you care to admit.

lolwat? notsureifsrs.jpg

abaddon41_80
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
lolwat? notsureifsrs.jpg

They are. Both have are going to have decent running games and crappy passing attacks and both are going to be weak against the run but stronger against the pass. The difference is that the Chiefs will probably be a little better running the ball and the Bills will be better defending the pass.

vidae
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see after the season if that is accurate.

prock
09-08-2010, 02:04 PM
They are. Both have are going to have decent running games and crappy passing attacks and both are going to be weak against the run but stronger against the pass. The difference is that the Chiefs will probably be a little better running the ball and the Bills will be better defending the pass.

Cassel is better than Edwards, the Chiefs will be a whole lot better running the ball, and the Bills front 7 is arguably worse.

Shiver
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
The only advantage the Chiefs have over Buffalo is the O-Line. Everything else is a push, including Cassel. If he is better than Edwards, it isn't by a lot.

Scotty D
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
It will be Tampa Bay.

draftguru151
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm better than Trent Edwards. :/

bigbluedefense
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I still think its the Rams. Outside of a promising young qb and a stud RB who's on his last legs, the entire team blows.

Like literally the entire team outside of 2 maybe 3 players blows.

J-Mike88
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Andrew Brandt doesn't look at it that way. He has them winning that division.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Super-Bowl-Predictions.html

Scotty D
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Brandon Mebane is going to be a stud for Seattle, Hawthorne is also pretty good.

Fat_Actor
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
It will be Tampa Bay.

Nah, I cannot see that happening. Improved team. Easier schedule. 6-10 is where I have them going.

Scotty D
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Nah, I cannot see that happening. Improved team. Easier schedule. 6-10 is where I have them going.

They are too young across the board. They will struggle this year but I like them going forward.

Timbathia
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't care. The Broncos without Marshall and Dumervil are ******* terrible.

And your not caring about everything to do with the Broncos outside of the loss of Doom and the Beast are why you are completely wrong.

Brodeur
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
The only advantage the Chiefs have over Buffalo is the O-Line. Everything else is a push, including Cassel. If he is better than Edwards, it isn't by a lot.

It is definitely by a lot.

prock
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
And your not caring about everything to do with the Broncos outside of the loss of Doom and the Beast are why you are completely wrong.

Oh yeah! They have Demaryius Thomas and Tim Tebow! They are gonna win it all!!! The Broncos are gonna be really ****** this year.

Werowance
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm going to go with the Bills, they have a future star in CJ Spiller but they have awful receiving options outside of Lee Evans, a terrible offensive line and what could very well be the worst front seven in football. The Bills only saving graces are their secondary and CJ Spiller.

bored of education
09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Not Kansas City

Timbathia
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah! They have Demaryius Thomas and Tim Tebow! They are gonna win it all!!! The Broncos are gonna be really ****** this year.

Seriously do you just read ESPN headlines and then evaluate teams? Even John Clayton thinks about things harder than that.

How have we gone from me not thinking the Broncos should be in the discussion for WORST team in the NFL to suddenly me thinking they will win it all?

It seems the leftover McDaniels/Broncos haters from last season ("the Broncos will definitely be picking in the top 5 in 2010 because they traded away their franchise QB") are going for double or nothing this year. Good luck with that.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Seriously do you just read ESPN headlines and then evaluate teams? Even John Clayton thinks about things harder than that.

How have we gone from me not thinking the Broncos should be in the discussion for WORST team in the NFL to suddenly me thinking they will win it all?

It seems the leftover McDaniels/Broncos haters from last season ("the Broncos will definitely be picking in the top 5 in 2010 because they traded away their franchise QB") are going for double or nothing this year. Good luck with that.

Well, you can't ask like McDaniels isn't daring them to...

bigbluedefense
09-09-2010, 07:11 AM
The Broncos quietly had a great draft.

I love Thomas, I think with time he'll be a beast. Eric Decker is going to be a solid player, a good #2 WR, Walton is going to be good, Beadles was a great pick, and I heard they picked up a pretty good CB.

Give McDaniels some time. I think people are sleeping on the Broncos a little.

Diehard
09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
The Broncos quietly had a great draft.

I love Thomas, I think with time he'll be a beast. Eric Decker is going to be a solid player, a good #2 WR, Walton is going to be good, Beadles was a great pick, and I heard they picked up a pretty good CB.

Give McDaniels some time. I think people are sleeping on the Broncos a little.

Well said. I really like our WR situation - that and DB are the deepest positions on the team. The rebuilt OL will have its growing pains, but they've played better than I expected. Beadles looking good at RT is a nice development as it appears we will never be able to rely on Ryan Harris. Orton has clearly improved his game as well, so we should be able to move the ball effectively through the air.

As for who will be working the bottom of the standings, I think both the Rams and Tampa Bay will struggle this year. However, right now I don't see any team being as bad as the cellar dwellers from last year.

J-Mike88
09-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Andrew Brandt doesn't look at it that way. He has them winning that division.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Super-Bowl-Predictions.html
Still wondering?
Brandt looks like a swami after today's game.

Basileus777
09-12-2010, 11:21 PM
The Bills have the worst starting QB in the NFL, so I'll go with them.

SuperMcGee
09-12-2010, 11:36 PM

There were a couple of golden opportunities for some INT touchdowns today if Miami's corners had any hands. You'd think they have practice picking off those out routes after going against Pennington in practice.

Edwards bails out of the pocket so quick. The line is ****, but it's become part of his mechanics. Still no downfield passing unless the receiver had a huge bubble of open space around him. Plenty of passes knocked down at the line.

I just hope they realize that Fred Jackson needs to be the leader of this RB trio at this point. Spiller moves better at full speed, but Jackson is better for this offense. I even trust his elusivity and pass catching ability more.

Sportsfan486
09-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Bills seem the likely landing for this great honor. Browns have an outside shot but they have a couple talented guys on that team.

PoopSandwich
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Bills seem the likely landing for this great honor. Browns have an outside shot but they have a couple talented guys on that team.

I still don't think the browns will pick first, we looked like a good team in the first half that just completely lost it's direction when jake hurt his foot. The defense basically allowed 10 points (7 of the 17 points were on what was basically a pick 6)

Our problem is our receivers, we really really really need to address that next offseason.

abaddon41_80
09-13-2010, 07:49 AM
I told you guys that the Seahawks would be better than expected.

Poz51
09-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Dont forget the worst offensive tackles in the NFL...
I have moved them ahead of the Rams for the top spot myself...

p.s. Aaron Maybin however is the best on the field cheerleader in the league...

Addict
09-13-2010, 08:14 AM
The bills are terrible this year. I don't think Chicago wins another game either, unless of course the officials decide they should.

Seriously, they outgained the Lions by a few hundered yards, were playing the Lions O without Stafford and they still just barely managed to get the win, and they STILL needed some BS call to have the game handed to them.

If Chicago continues to play like that, they'll be 1-15 at seasons' end.

BigBanger
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
I told you guys that the Seahawks would be better than expected.
1 win was better than I expected. Congrats on being right.

The Bills are awful. They are almost as bad as the Lions winless season. This team really sucks. Their QB stinks of ****. "AWWWWWWW... TRENT EDWARDS!!!!!! 3rd ROUND STEAL!!!!!! BEST QB EVA!!!!!" ******* Bills fans are so stupid.

J-Mike88
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Now you have your answer stoner.
Seattle may not be what they were from 2003-2007, but they're far from the worst team in the NFL. Even with Pete Carroll guiding the ship.

EvilNixon
09-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Oakland has easily the worst line in the NFL...If we win 5 games, I'll be happy.