PDA

View Full Version : The Bat-**** Crazy thing that will Happen this Year?

BuddyCHRIST
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Looking at all the preseason picks on TV, most of them strongly resemble last seasons standings. With the couple trendy teams on the rise (49ers, Ravens, etc). But everyone seems to forget that something no one ever sees coming, always happens. Whether its the Dolphins winning the division after going 1-15 and the Falcons making the playoffs in 2008, blah blah theres more to list I don't care thinking about.

So I want everyone to make their ridiculous prediction, not something like the 49'ers win the division. But more along the lines of "The St. Louis Rams make the playoffs."

I'll say the Chiefs win the AFC West.

Razor
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
- Jets will not make the playoffs.

- SF 49ers will be a contender.

Shiver
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Looking at all the preseason picks on TV, most of them strongly resemble last seasons standings. With the couple trendy teams on the rise (49ers, Ravens, etc). But everyone seems to forget that something no one ever sees coming, always happens. Whether its the Dolphins winning the division after going 1-15 and the Falcons making the playoffs in 2008, blah blah theres more to list I don't care thinking about.

So I want everyone to make their ridiculous prediction, not something like the 49'ers win the division. But more along the lines of "The St. Louis Rams make the playoffs."

I'll say the Chiefs win the AFC West.

Fail......

MetSox17
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
The Seattle Seahawks will win their division.

yourfavestoner
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Hm, this is tough. It seems like every team this offseason has been a "sleeper" at one point. I've never seen an offseason where so many teams have gone from underrated to overrated (for being so underrated).

Washington is in contention for a wildcard spot at the end of the year and finishes second in the NFCE.

Minnesota finishes 3rd in the NFCN.

The Titans win the AFCS (this is an absolute lock to me if they trade for Haynesworth at some point).

Manning and Favre BOTH end their consecutive starts streak this year.

Bucs_Rule
09-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Isn't it 5-6 new teams make the playoffs each season? And often a worst to first happens.

yourfavestoner
09-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Isn't it 5-6 new teams make the playoffs each season? And often a worst to first happens.

Yup.

Also, the last three Superbowl winners averaged 8.7 wins the season before.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree with yfs, I think Washington will certainly make a push and at least end up with second in that division. Eagles end up last.

The Colts wont win their own division.

bigbluedefense
09-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Carolina wins the South.

Seattle wins the West.

Denver gives SD a run for their money.

That might be "crazy" to some, but I honestly think its a strong possibility for those things to happen.

Hines
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Homer pick:

Steelers win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

LizardState
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
The Titans win the AFCS (this is an absolute lock to me if they trade for Haynesworth at some point).

Yeah it's going to happen at some point, the only deciding factor is how much $ he's willing to give Snyder back to get out of town.

Batshit Predictions:

Some HC not named Mangini will get fired before the regular season ends
Revis holds out too long or misses the season & the Jets miss the playoffs
Some coach will get fired for not resting his superstars in garbage games after they lock up a playoff spot, & a game changer gets injured
Michael Vick becomes a starting QB somewhere again
The Raiders make it through the season without any homicides or lawsuits
The Players Union makes a crucial error taking a lesser pay cut by agreeing to an 18-game season

tjsunstein
09-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah it's going to happen at some point, the only deciding factor is how much $ he's willing to give Snyder back to get out of town.

Batshit Predictions:

Some coach will get fired for not resting his superstars in garbage games after they lock up a playoff spot, & a game changer gets injured
The Players Union makes a crucial error taking a lesser pay cut by agreeing to an 18-game season
Revis is back.

Favre misses a game.
Jets miss the playoffs.
Steelers start 4-0 in without Ben.
Aaron Rodgers throws for 5k.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Meh....the Redskins. Giants and Cowboys are clearly better and the final rankings will reflect that.

As for crazy things...how about the Colts not making the playoffs? They're really pushing the theory that Peyton Manning can work behind any o-line to the extreme. Saturday and Charlie Johnson have been hurt, and their depth is baaad. Even Peyton will have issues if 4 man fronts are getting in his face as soon as the ball is snapped. Just in week 1 Jeff Linkenbach could be protect Peyton from Mario Williams....could be a long season.

And why aren't the Bengals considered a realistic contender in the AFC? Seems like every other reasonable team is mentioned as a SB contender....but not them. And they could be the most complete team in the AFC. Mauling o-line....Benson running like he did at Texas with Bernard Scott as his backup....TO and Ocho still dangerous at WR.....Very solid and very deep 4-3 front....excellent pair of corners. As long as Palmer plays decent, there's no good reason this team can't make the SB.

bigbluedefense
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Meh....the Redskins. Giants and Cowboys are clearly better and the final rankings will reflect that.

As for crazy things...how about the Colts not making the playoffs? They're really pushing the theory that Peyton Manning can work behind any o-line to the extreme. Saturday and Charlie Johnson have been hurt, and their depth is baaad. Even Peyton will have issues if 4 man fronts are getting in his face as soon as the ball is snapped. Just in week 1 Jeff Linkenbach could be protect Peyton from Mario Williams....could be a long season.

And why aren't the Bengals considered a realistic contender in the AFC? Seems like every other reasonable team is mentioned as a SB contender....but not them. And they could be the most complete team in the AFC. Mauling o-line....Benson running like he did at Texas with Bernard Scott as his backup....TO and Ocho still dangerous at WR.....Very solid and very deep 4-3 front....excellent pair of corners. As long as Palmer plays decent, there's no good reason this team can't make the SB.

I always thought Cinncy was widely considered by the masses to be a SB contender?

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I always thought Cinncy was widely considered by the masses to be a SB contender?

Go around and look at people's predictions...here or any other sports site really. Even the predictions Scott posted in his blog today have Cincy finishing behind Baltimore and Pittsburgh for the division.

I like the Ravens, but the Bengals are going to have to really slip up to finish behind Pittsburgh since for the first time in as long as I can remember, they are actually the better looking team of the two.

brat316
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Jets miss playoffs
Texans win Division
Raiders make playoffs
...who gets fired? Other than Mangini....Lovie Smith/Raheem Brock one of them. mid season.

AkiliSmith
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Batshit Predictions:

That would be real crazy seeing as how he signed a new contract and has been practicing for about a week now...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
yea they are favorites to win the division from what i heard.

LizardState
09-09-2010, 12:15 PM

The geniuses at ESPN have been predicting this. Again, consider the source, but these Bengals were a playoff team & got better this offseason, not the Bungles anymore.

gpngc
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
The St. Louis Rams win the division behind Sam Bradford...

Don Vito
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Panthers win the NFC South led by DROY Greg Hardy.

gpngc
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Here are the favorites in terms of Vegas...

1 - Dallas
2 - Giants
3 - Philly
4 - Washington

1 - Packers
2 - Vikings
3 - Bears
4 - Washington

1 - Niners
2 - Cards
3 - Seahawks
4 - Rams

1 - Saints
2 - Falcons
3 - Panthers
4 - Bucs

1 - Jets TIE
1 - Pats TIE
3 - Dolphins
4 - Bills

1 - Ravens
2 - Steelers TIE
2 - Bengals TIE
4 - Browns

1 - Colts
2 - Texans
3 - Titans
4 - Jags

1 - Chargers
2 - Broncos TIE
2 - Raiders TIE
4 - Chiefs

vidae
09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
The Bengals sweep the AFCN again.

prock
09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Minny vs Cincy Super Bowl.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
that is batshit crazy because the vikings aren't making it

stephenson86
09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Bengals win the Superbowl.

SenorGato
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
You know how the Cardinals broke out once everyone jumped off the possible bandwagon?

The Texans are going to do that.

I also think The Seahawks will ride the wave of changing coaching staffs to a division title. This will force the 49ers to draft a QB next year and complete the rebuilding of the offense.

Chargers vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Hines
09-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Not going to happen, but:

Bengals pick in the top 10 and draft a QB to then later cut Carson Palmer. TO and Ocho get in a fight, which leads Ocho demanding a trade. He gets traded to Oakland and leads them to a playoff birth, which then they go on and upset a top seed, but lose in the divisional round.

BuddyCHRIST
09-09-2010, 02:14 PM
You know how the Cardinals broke out once everyone jumped off the possible bandwagon?

The Texans are going to do that.

I also think The Seahawks will ride the wave of changing coaching staffs to a division title. This will force the 49ers to draft a QB next year and complete the rebuilding of the offense.

I think the Texans as a legitimate SB contender would be pretty crazy, and pretty possible when you make the Arizona comparison. All you gotta do is make it to the playoffs and get crazy hot for 3 weeks, with Schaub and Andre that could happen.

Sportsfan486
09-09-2010, 02:44 PM
The Packers don't finish with a winning record.

CC.SD
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
TO and Ocho will get along magnificently with no drama at all.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm going to add in the Vikes could miss/barely get into the playoffs. Either Farve doesnt last the season or he goes back to the old Farve we all know.

TACKLE
09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Not that crazy but...

New York Giants win the NFC.

New York Jets miss the playoffs.

The Chargers win less than 10 games.

Indy doesn't win the NFC South.

hockey619
09-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Damn like 5 mins after you made this i was gunna make a Bold Calls thread been thinking about it for weeks. A few simple ones, but tried to stick to mostly bold stuff.

*Dallas finishes third behind the Giants and Washington in the NFC East. Gmen and Washington fight for the crown, i think washington gets it.

*Broncos win 5-6 games, not even looking at the schedule. McDaniels is a good coach i think, a dumb*** of a person, but good coach. But that team is really lacking talent at spots and without dumervil i think they suffer as does bailey. his worst season in years this year.

*The Jay Cutler Story: Cutler puts up better numbers for the bears, but karma gets him in the end and he'll regret not staying in denver. Above average but not great QB. Not what he was advertised to be coming over. not enought weapons and martz is good but he sucks at using his tight end/protecting cutler. hes gunna take a beating.

*Chad Henne: breakout star. Great team, +brandon marshall will make him look even better. Sparano threw a lot last year, expect Henne to explode.

*Ricky will run for more yards than Ronnie Brown.

*Miami wins afc East, just sneaking past the Jets and Pats. Jets WILL be good this year, despite it being the cool thing to shoot them down they will be good, but the Pats will be fighting to make the playoffs. Good O, not so hot D. I think they will. three teams from this division will be in the playoffs

*First overall pick: buffalo. though the browns will show fight in trying to reach the bottom of the toilet bowl. then again with their solid o line you never know...oh wait, jake delhomme. the jags will be in the mix. really nothing to get excited about at all if youre a jags fan.

*Seattle will surprise as long as Hasselbeck is healthy and compete for the division early, media will ride them and hype them and carroll, then they will collapse late in the year.

*Colts will win the division. again. no SB loser curse.

*Chris Johnson= less than 1600 yards rushing. that o-line didnt look as strong in the preseason as it did last year. hes good, but im still not buying hes a better player than Peterson

*Peterson will lead the league in rushing and re-assert himself as the best back in the NFL and solve his fumble issues.

*A-rod > Rivers. and it aint even close after this year. then again we were saying that about Cutler, funny how that turned out so far anyway. On second thought…

*A-rod = Peyton will be argued after this year. and it wont be a stretch

*of the many annointed teams as breakout teams by the many homers (all of whom are just so sure there team will make it to six wins at least), the Texans will be the best (benefitting from a dreadful jags team and a slumping titans) but will still miss the playoffs on one of the last games of the year.

The 49ers will make it past the first round of the playoffs. this years jets.

The chiefs will still suck uncontrolably.
The raiders will be better but still nothing to write home about.
The lions will show signs but will blow up next year.
Same for the Bucs.
Carolina/Bengals WILL be good, especially the bengals. At least AFC champ game for them

umphrey
09-09-2010, 05:02 PM
After 14 games played, the Lions will still be competing for the playoffs.

Chris Johnson defies all odds, history, medical logic and has a year comparable to last.

Tomlinson and Shonn Greene combine for 2500 yards rushing and 25 rushing TDs.

LizardState
09-09-2010, 05:33 PM

The All-Wade SB!

Give Wade Phillips his own TV network, All Wade, All the Time.

Brent
09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
with what talent is Seattle going to win the NFC West with?

Mike Williams and that awesome defense? give me a break.

BeerBaron
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
After 14 games played, the Lions will still be competing for the playoffs.

Just not a snowball's chance in hell of this happening. Look at their schedule...it's absolutely brutal. Chalk up 4 losses to the Vikings and Packers, let's be generous and say they split with the Bears....1-5 in division. They play the AFC East and NFC East of which only the Bills game will they be favored. 2-12. They do get teh Bucs and Rams, so if they win both of those....4-12.

Even if they steal 2 other games in there, 6-10 is their ceiling.

BigDawg819
09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Yup.

Also, the last three Superbowl winners averaged 8.7 wins the season before.

Bodes well for the Ravens considering they finished the regular season with 9 wins.

I say Clinton Portis returns to his Denver form what with Shanny and the ZBS.

And since I should go out on a limb for a prediction, VJax gets paid and returns to the Chargers.

gpngc
09-09-2010, 08:49 PM

It's not a good sign when literally the ONLY mention of your team doing well is in the BATSHIT thread...

BroadwayJoe10
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
LT amasses 1,000+ yards on offense.

Thecollegedropout
09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
The Panthers and 49ers not only make the playoffs but also get the 1st round BYES in the NFC.

Stash
09-09-2010, 09:29 PM
-The Bills get a wildcard spot

-The Rams will have a record of at least 8-8

-The Steelers miss the playoffs

Grizzlegom
09-09-2010, 09:40 PM
The Jaguars have the worst record in football.

AD cures his fumble-itis.

Larry Johnson rushes for 1200+ yards.

DHB leads the Raiders WR in receptions, yard, and TDs.

Zach Miller (OAK, also known as STUD) leads all TEs in TDs.

bigbluedefense
09-10-2010, 07:08 AM

I think people are shortchanging the talent on Seattle. They have a solid secondary with Earl Thomas and Trufant, they have a great LB core, and their dline is ok, not great but ok.

You look at the offense, the oline will be improved with Okung, Hasselbeck isn't as bad as ppl think, they have a great TE in John Carlson, they have 2 good RBs, especially Leon Washington, and while their WR core is bad on paper, it has potential if Williams really did turn it around and if Tate can learn quickly.

And if they add Vincent Jackson somehow, you got a pretty decent team.

Seattle has talent.

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Andre Johnson will get 10 touchdowns.

wogitalia
09-10-2010, 07:31 AM
There I was thinking this thread would be for things like guys falling out of trucks or that Tom Brady would be the first player to smash his car this season...

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 07:35 AM
There I was thinking this thread would be for things like guys falling out of trucks or that Tom Brady would be the first player to smash his car this season...

Your first one has happened. Mine has never happened :P

Prowler
09-10-2010, 07:43 AM
peyton manning will get stabbed with a fork by a stripper and miss 2 games

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-10-2010, 08:19 AM
peyton manning will get stabbed with a fork by a stripper and miss 2 games

A male stripper maybe. Everyone knows he's rudy ***

Bucs_Rule
09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Colts go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

lowlife
09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
A new CBA is agreed to before Winter.

Cowboys pick in the Top 10.

At least 3 Franchise QBs go on IR before week 8 and at least one of their backups carries the team to the playoffs and becomes the next big thing in the offseason.

Buccaneers sweep the Saints.
^mandatory homer pick.

Thecollegedropout
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Another one....

3 words: Monday Night Braylon

Braylon Edwards usually shows up on primetime games, especially games on Monday Night Football(Has done it often with Cleveland and did it in his Jets debut vs Miami, which might have been his lone GREAT game sans AFC Title match)

With 3 Monday night games, a Thursday Thanksgiving game and a NBC Sunday Night game locked(Never know with the flex schedule), Braylon Edwards will be set to have a huge year and be a Pro Bowl replacement in the AFC. The contract year is going to matter for Bray Bray this season and I think he is going to emerge as the No.1 playmaker for the Jets offense this year.

TitanHope
09-15-2010, 11:07 AM
You know, when I first saw this thread, I almost posted but I didn't for some reason. (That happens a lot. I'll open a thread, want to post, but then my ADD kicks in and I move on. Sometimes I'll even start typing a post, and then quit in the middle of it because I get bored or don't think it's worth contributing.) Now I kind of wish I did, but I was gonna say that the Colts would not only fail to reach the 12-win mark that they've had a streak with, but they won't even win double-digit victories.

That doesn't really count, since the season already started with a Colts loss where they showed major holes in vital areas, but I wanted to put that out there either way. Honestly, I can see a 3-way tie for 1st place in the AFC South between the Colts, Texans, and Titans. I think all three teams are around the same caliber, and each one has different strengths from one another.

Also, Jacksonville isn't a bad football team. I've been trying to lift them up when I could this offseason, but I think they're solid yet unspectacular and if they stay healthy, will be competitive. They lack the star power aside, from MJD, and depth in some areas, but I loved their offseason by adding Kampman and Morrison. I laughed hard at the Alualu pick just like everyone else, but then I heard that the Titans were eyeing him at their pick and could've even picked him over Derrick Morgan if he was available. I think Alualu's performance this past Sunday confirmed he's a player. Plus, they got rid of Reggie Nelson which is addition by subtraction. They're not world beaters and they may not even be a .500 team, but I don't think there's any way in hell they're the worst team in the league.

Anyway, just figured I'd put this little rant here.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Hm, this is tough. It seems like every team this offseason has been a "sleeper" at one point. I've never seen an offseason where so many teams have gone from underrated to overrated (for being so underrated).

Washington is in contention for a wildcard spot at the end of the year and finishes second in the NFCE.

Minnesota finishes 3rd in the NFCN.

Manning and Favre BOTH end their consecutive starts streak this year.

After week one, I'm feelin pretty damn confident about these.

TitanHope
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Even the Titans one about Haynesworth?

Honestly, at this point and after all the Titans/AH rumors about trade talks, I'd be more surprised if the Titans traded for AH than I would if the Titans straight up win the AFC South. I'm to the point of apathy of the issue.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Even the Titans one about Haynesworth?

Honestly, at this point and after all the Titans/AH rumors about trade talks, I'd be more surprised if the Titans traded for AH than I would if the Titans straight up win the AFC South. I'm to the point of apathy of the issue.

I dunno if they'll trade for him or not, but I think they'll win the South regardless. It just becomes a no-brainer if they decide to get him.

LizardState
09-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Cowboys pick in the Top 10.

This one is money if Jason Garrett continues his flashy gameplans.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Jerry Hughes plays a snap
Randy Moss doesn't have anything left in the tank
Bill Polian learns how to draft an offensive lineman

umphrey
09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Randy Moss doesn't have anything left in the tank

This isn't really verifiable, that you are predicting Moss is too old...He's gonna play like crap this year because he's already declaring himself out of New England (why??!!?) so he's going into Randy Moss Oakland Raider mode and we won't know if he can't play or just doesn't feel like it.

TACKLE
09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Not that crazy but...

Lookin' pretty darn good right now.

Prowler
09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Mike Vick goes to pro bowl

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Mike Vick goes to pro bowl

I like the way you think.

Stash
09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Not that crazy but...

That last one is an absolute lock, guaranteed. I would bet every cent I have that they won't win that division.

RealityCheck
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Ravens go 19-0.

Brent
09-15-2010, 05:47 PM
The Panthers and 49ers not only make the playoffs but also get the 1st round BYES in the NFC.
Niners making the playoffs?

Playoffs? Are you kidding me?

abaddon41_80
09-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Lookin' pretty darn good right now.

Not really. Chargers still have an easy schedule and will win 10 games, the Giants did not look all that impressive against Carolina, and the Jets missing the playoffs would not surprise most people. You are 100% right on the last one

TACKLE
09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Not really. Chargers still have an easy schedule and will win 10 games, the Giants did not look all that impressive against Carolina, and the Jets missing the playoffs would not surprise most people. You are 100% right on the last one

I was kind of poking fun at week 1 overreactions.

abaddon41_80
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM
My bad then. Sarcasm does not translate well to the internet

SenorGato
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the Texans as a legitimate SB contender would be pretty crazy, and pretty possible when you make the Arizona comparison. All you gotta do is make it to the playoffs and get crazy hot for 3 weeks, with Schaub and Andre that could happen.

Pretty much hit it on the head. The Texans are one of those teams who are talented enough to pull that off.

zachsaints52
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Reggie Bush runs for 1000 yards. Book it.

yourfavestoner
09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Reggie Bush runs for 1000 yards. Book it.

Dunno about that, but I think he'll be in the upper echelon in yards from scrimmage.

I actually liked what I saw out of Reggie Bush in the opener.

zachsaints52
09-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Dunno about that, but I think he'll be in the upper echelon in yards from scrimmage.

Contract year, loses Heisman, everyone says he can't do it, PT will miss some games (own opinion) will add up to him getting 1k

Bengalsrz
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
A 10-6 team will miss the playoffs in the AFC.

Cardinals STILL win the west

Brett Favre starts every game this season and post-season.

Chad Henne puts up better numbers than Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 12:39 AM

See, you guys thought I was being homerish, doesn't he look stronger and more decisive by a ton?

I dunno about 1000 yards rushing just because of his limited touches.

I'll just say I think Reggie will be one of the more productive players per touch this season.

Morton
09-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Two words: Madden Curse.

Nobody can escape the clutches of the Madden Curse - not even Drew Brees. Something crazy will happen to him in a game this season, and the Saints will be without their QB before the season is over.

prock
09-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I sure as hell hope so, I ******* hate the Saints. I would love Brees to have a **** year.

prock
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
After week one, I'm feelin pretty damn confident about these.

What makes you more confident Minny will finish 3rd in the North?

zachsaints52
09-16-2010, 10:45 AM
See, you guys thought I was being homerish, doesn't he look stronger and more decisive by a ton?

I dunno about 1000 yards rushing just because of his limited touches.

I'll just say I think Reggie will be one of the more productive players per touch this season.

Well I guess to add on to my bat craze prediction is Pierre Thomas misses 4 games this season.

And Reggie gets 1k yards rushing.

zachsaints52
09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Two words: Madden Curse.

Nobody can escape the clutches of the Madden Curse - not even Drew Brees. Something crazy will happen to him in a game this season, and the Saints will be without their QB before the season is over.

Larry Fitzgerald says Hi.

yourfavestoner
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
What makes you more confident Minny will finish 3rd in the North?

Favre doesn't want to be there (his body language screamed "WTF am I doing here") last Thursday. The offensive line is horrendous and will lead to him either getting hurt or throwing 20+ interceptions. Favre has alternated between good and terrible every year since 2004. Dunno why he would buck that trend now.

Plus there's the fact that the locker room could turn on Chilly at any point.

Their schedule is also much more difficult than last season's.

I just haven't liked the feeling I've gotten out of Minny all offseason. I like the talent they have, but they're going to need way too many things to go right for them to be much better than 9-7.

I don't like anything about them offensively right now outside of AD, but I don't trust Chilly to use him properly.

That's just my opinion, though, and I could be completely wrong.

vikes_28
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Brett Favre will miss a game

Morton
09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Larry Fitzgerald says Hi.

I think losing a Hall of Fame quarterback and subsequently being forced to catch passes from Derek Anderson sort of qualifies as "traumatic".

Fitz won't break 500 yards in any season for the rest of his career if he stays in 'Zona.

Not to mention that he was hung out to dry on a crossing route by Leinart in preseason and damn near tore his ACL. Last year he had some knee issue too. I wouldn't be surprised if crappy Derek Anderson causes him to get injured even worse in some way.

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I sure as hell hope so, I ******* hate the Saints. I would love Brees to have a **** year.

Hahaha. You might get to the Superbowl if Brees gets hurt.

BigDawg819
09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I think losing a Hall of Fame quarterback and subsequently being forced to catch passes from Derek Anderson sort of qualifies as "traumatic".

Fitz won't break 500 yards in any season for the rest of his career if he stays in 'Zona.

Not to mention that he was hung out to dry on a crossing route by Leinart in preseason and damn near tore his ACL. Last year he had some knee issue too. I wouldn't be surprised if crappy Derek Anderson causes him to get injured even worse in some way.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/d/8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Favre doesn't want to be there (his body language screamed "WTF am I doing here") last Thursday. The offensive line is horrendous and will lead to him either getting hurt or throwing 20+ interceptions. Favre has alternated between good and terrible every year since 2004. Dunno why he would buck that trend now.

Plus there's the fact that the locker room could turn on Chilly at any point.

Their schedule is also much more difficult than last season's.

I just haven't liked the feeling I've gotten out of Minny all offseason. I like the talent they have, but they're going to need way too many things to go right for them to be much better than 9-7.

I don't like anything about them offensively right now outside of AD, but I don't trust Chilly to use him properly.

That's just my opinion, though, and I could be completely wrong.

Thoughts on my Aints? Just curious.

gpngc
10-03-2010, 10:44 PM
The St. Louis Rams win the division behind Sam Bradford...

Shoot me in the face...

xxxxxxxx
10-03-2010, 10:57 PM
The Colts miss the playoffs. (superbowl loser curse)

If i want to go on a real limb i'd say saints too, cause they are garbage, plus the madden curse on brees, but i don't have the balls.

xxxxxxxx
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM

i second this. they're g@yyyy

Saints-Tigers
10-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Saints could just as easily be 0-4 as they could 4-0.

Good teams win most of their close games though. We look sloppy and not on the same page offensively, but they are showing heart and grit, and the defense keeps maintaining, despite guys dropping like flies.

hockey619
10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Damn like 5 mins after you made this i was gunna make a Bold Calls thread been thinking about it for weeks. A few simple ones, but tried to stick to mostly bold stuff.

*Dallas finishes third behind the Giants and Washington in the NFC East. Gmen and Washington fight for the crown, i think washington gets it. still backin this 100%. i didnt expect them to dump kolb so fast in philly so they might stand more of a chance, but if vick misses time theyre screwed cause kolb blows very hard.

*Broncos win 5-6 games, not even looking at the schedule. McDaniels is a good coach i think, a dumb*** of a person, but good coach. But that team is really lacking talent at spots and without dumervil i think they suffer as does bailey. his worst season in years this year. McD showing more than i thought, prob missed on this one

*The Jay Cutler Story: Cutler puts up better numbers for the bears, but karma gets him in the end and he'll regret not staying in denver. Above average but not great QB. Not what he was advertised to be coming over. not enought weapons and martz is good but he sucks at using his tight end/protecting cutler. hes gunna take a beating. this is lookin right the hell on. especially after last night

*Chad Henne: breakout star. Great team, +brandon marshall will make him look even better. Sparano threw a lot last year, expect Henne to explode. eh, hes looked very up and down but looked very good against a good jets D and has a chance to breakout tonight on a national stage. fingers crossed

*Ricky will run for more yards than Ronnie Brown. stickin to this, goin down with the ship. ronnie always gets hurt and ricky is very good on the rare occassions he gets a chance. so we'll see

*Miami wins afc East, just sneaking past the Jets and Pats. Jets WILL be good this year, despite it being the cool thing to shoot them down they will be good, but the Pats will be fighting to make the playoffs. Good O, not so hot D. I think they will. three teams from this division will be in the playoffs still looking possible though it may end up jets and pats in only. we'll know more after tonights showdown

*First overall pick: buffalo. though the browns will show fight in trying to reach the bottom of the toilet bowl. then again with their solid o line you never know...oh wait, jake delhomme. the jags will be in the mix. really nothing to get excited about at all if youre a jags fan. this is my favorite one i think: ALL YOU BILLS AND BROWNS HOMERS WHO SAID 'OH WE WONT BE THAT BAD THIS YEAR WE'RE A 5-6 WIN TEAM I THINK, YEAH YOU WERE RIGHT, YOURE EVEN WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT

*Seattle will surprise as long as Hasselbeck is healthy and compete for the division early, media will ride them and hype them and carroll, then they will collapse late in the year. close on this one so far i think, though the collapse may have come a little early with a little less media riding time than i thought theyd get

*Colts will win the division. again. no SB loser curse.damn. still got faith in the big man to get it done but idk they look like the chargers usually do, really sloppy out of the gates. that team is rotting around peyton, theyve looked pretty helpless at times this season

*Chris Johnson= less than 1600 yards rushing. that o-line didnt look as strong in the preseason as it did last year. hes good, but im still not buying hes a better player than Peterson still ridin this one hard and lookin good so far

*Peterson will lead the league in rushing and re-assert himself as the best back in the NFL and solve his fumble issues. we'll see, lookin solid so far

*A-rod > Rivers. and it aint even close after this year. then again we were saying that about Cutler, funny how that turned out so far anyway. On second thought…everyone will always argue it but rodgers looks great and rivers is a complete ***wipe so eh this one wasnt too bold really

*A-rod = Peyton will be argued after this year. and it wont be a stretch peyton still looks like a freak of accuracy nature but his offense is burning down around him, a rod has looked good but not too great at times this year. their coaching staff sucks though, they didnt even try to chip peppers in that bears game where he went all big ben on rodgers - the single comode, he did it out in public

*of the many annointed teams as breakout teams by the many homers (all of whom are just so sure there team will make it to six wins at least), the Texans will be the best (benefitting from a dreadful jags team and a slumping titans) but will still miss the playoffs on one of the last games of the year. looks very right on, but they might actually make the playoffs

The 49ers will make it past the first round of the playoffs. this years jets. haha nice call jackass

The chiefs will still suck uncontrolably. and another! still think they are a fluke refuse to believe it
The raiders will be better but still nothing to write home about. yep, right on
The lions will show signs but will blow up next year.yep, still not a stafford guy though
Same for the Bucs. EH! shoulda had the balls to call them being good this year but thought they were too young
Carolina/Bengals WILL be good, especially the bengals. At least AFC champ game for themthis makes all my other bold calls look horrible. wow was this one off, i dont like either at this point. not enough running going on in carolina and bengals lost to the browns. ouch. very very ouch.

answers in bold.
overall pretty happy, but some really bad misses too. i either hit a bold call (hell yeah!) or missed horrendously, not much in the middle

Hines
10-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Not going to happen, but:

Bengals pick in the top 10 and draft a QB to then later cut Carson Palmer. TO and Ocho get in a fight, which leads Ocho demanding a trade. He gets traded to Oakland and leads them to a playoff birth, which then they go on and upset a top seed, but lose in the divisional round.

SI.com's Peter King writes that the Bengals might think about cutting Carson Palmer after the season.

It's just speculation on King's part, but he points out that the Bengals could get out from under the $53 million owed to Palmer over the next four years without it counting anything against the salary cap. Palmer's declining play certainly makes it a possibility.

-Rotoworld

Hmmmmmmm.

yourfavestoner
10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
SI.com's Peter King writes that the Bengals might think about cutting Carson Palmer after the season.

It's just speculation on King's part, but he points out that the Bengals could get out from under the $53 million owed to Palmer over the next four years without it counting anything against the salary cap. Palmer's declining play certainly makes it a possibility.

-Rotoworld

Hmmmmmmm.

An organization as notoriously cheap as the Bengals? Yeah, it'll probably happen.

CC.SD
10-05-2010, 05:56 PM
ok, who had Patrick Chung taking a **** on the Dolphins?

Bengalsrz
10-07-2010, 05:09 PM
A 10-6 team will miss the playoffs in the AFC.

Cardinals STILL win the west

Brett Favre starts every game this season and post-season.

Chad Henne puts up better numbers than Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.

#1 Its starting to look like every team is going to be around .500, but I guess we'll see.

#2 looking awful. I go back on that completely. Wow they are looking bad.

#3 so far so good.

#4 Matt Ryan has a better passer rating by .3 with 86.5, and Flacco still sucks.

hockey619
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Bump bump bump!

Some pretty good calls in this thread, hines calling the steelers going deep, YFS on the vikings among others, pretty good stuff. As always, a few dreadful ones as well, like me calling henne a breakout player hahaha i also got arod argued as possibly the best in the game after the season, so when i missed i missed by a hell of a lot.

*Dallas finishes third behind the Giants and Washington in the NFC East. Gmen and Washington fight for the crown, i think washington gets it.

*Broncos win 5-6 games, not even looking at the schedule. McDaniels is a good coach i think, a dumb*** of a person, but good coach. But that team is really lacking talent at spots and without dumervil i think they suffer as does bailey. his worst season in years this year.

*The Jay Cutler Story: Cutler puts up better numbers for the bears, but karma gets him in the end and he'll regret not staying in denver. Above average but not great QB. Not what he was advertised to be coming over. not enought weapons and martz is good but he sucks at using his tight end/protecting cutler. hes gunna take a beating.

*Chad Henne: breakout star. Great team, +brandon marshall will make him look even better. Sparano threw a lot last year, expect Henne to explode.

*Ricky will run for more yards than Ronnie Brown.

*Miami wins afc East, just sneaking past the Jets and Pats. Jets WILL be good this year, despite it being the cool thing to shoot them down they will be good, but the Pats will be fighting to make the playoffs. Good O, not so hot D. I think they will. three teams from this division will be in the playoffs

*First overall pick: buffalo. though the browns will show fight in trying to reach the bottom of the toilet bowl. then again with their solid o line you never know...oh wait, jake delhomme. the jags will be in the mix. really nothing to get excited about at all if youre a jags fan.

*Seattle will surprise as long as Hasselbeck is healthy and compete for the division early, media will ride them and hype them and carroll, then they will collapse late in the year.

*Colts will win the division. again. no SB loser curse.

*Chris Johnson= less than 1600 yards rushing. that o-line didnt look as strong in the preseason as it did last year. hes good, but im still not buying hes a better player than Peterson

*Peterson will lead the league in rushing and re-assert himself as the best back in the NFL and solve his fumble issues.

*A-rod > Rivers. and it aint even close after this year. then again we were saying that about Cutler, funny how that turned out so far anyway. On second thought…

*A-rod = Peyton will be argued after this year. and it wont be a stretch

*of the many annointed teams as breakout teams by the many homers (all of whom are just so sure there team will make it to six wins at least), the Texans will be the best (benefitting from a dreadful jags team and a slumping titans) but will still miss the playoffs on one of the last games of the year.

The 49ers will make it past the first round of the playoffs. this years jets.

The chiefs will still suck uncontrolably.
The raiders will be better but still nothing to write home about.
The lions will show signs but will blow up next year.
Same for the Bucs.
Carolina/Bengals WILL be good, especially the bengals. At least AFC champ game for them

Hines
02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Homer pick:

Steelers win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

Razor
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM

I guess I was wrong....

Chucky
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

If someone always just predicts their own team to do something good then they are due to be right every once in a while

Hines
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
If someone always just predicts their own team to do something good then they are due to be right every once in a while

I predicted that the Bengals might get rid of Carson Palmer as well.

Brent
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM

While I feel like a jackass for this one^

At least I was right with this one:
Niners making the playoffs?

Playoffs? Are you kidding me?

yourfavestoner
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
While I feel like a jackass for this one^

At least I was right with this one:

I said in a thread at the beginning of the year that the Seawhawks were the least talented team in the NFL by a long shot.

So don't feel too bad.

Smooth Criminal
02-08-2011, 02:06 PM
A lot of Bengals love in that thread.

J255979-11nine
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I said in a thread at the beginning of the year that the Seawhawks were the least talented team in the NFL by a long shot.

So don't feel too bad.

You're probably not too far off with this one, though.

Saints-Tigers
02-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Reggie Bush might end his career with more games missed than touches... lol.

BuddyCHRIST
02-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I picked the chiefs to win the afc west, go me.