PDA

View Full Version : Hot List (9/9)

Shane P. Hallam
09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Here is the latest edition of what will be a weekly feature leading right up to Draft Day as my initial article for the 2011 draft season!

Prospect Hot List - September 9, 2010
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

Werowance
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
No Daniel Thomas?

Hurricanes25
09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Awesome write-up, Shane.

I was about to pull a Scottyboy (Devin McCourty) and make sure that Hankerson will be in next week but I don't have to.

About Hankerson, where do you have him on your senior WR rankings?

BigBanger
09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
No Daniel Thomas?

Seconded.

I will say Kerrigan, right now, is my #1 DL prospect. He is so vastly underrated right now, it isn't funny. He's a monster. His lack of elite tools will probably keep him as a fringe first rounder. He was dominant all year long last year as well. He's probably the most consistent senior in the upcoming draft.

I don't like seeing Mike Pouncey in there. Yeah, he sucked, but he's a guard. He still mauls people. He's a solid second round guard prospect. I know everyone says he's a great guard / center prospect and they said without seeing if he can play the position. He's still a guard. He's playing center out of necessity.

Babylon
09-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Seconded.

I will say Kerrigan, right now, is my #1 DL prospect. He is so vastly underrated right now, it isn't funny. He's a monster. His lack of elite tools will probably keep him as a fringe first rounder. He was dominant all year long last year as well. He's probably the most consistent senior in the upcoming draft.

I don't like seeing Mike Pouncey in there. Yeah, he sucked, but he's a guard. He still mauls people. He's a solid second round guard prospect. I know everyone says he's a great guard / center prospect and they said without seeing if he can play the position. He's still a guard. He's playing center out of necessity.

Love Ryan Kerrigan but there will be other D-lineman taken before him, i think. Still would love to get him in a Seahwaks uni.

Shane P. Hallam
09-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Awesome write-up, Shane.

I was about to pull a Scottyboy (Devin McCourty) and make sure that Hankerson will be in next week but I don't have to.

About Hankerson, where do you have him on your senior WR rankings?

I have him 3rd right now, I'm a big fan of his skillset. If the production matches it this year, Hankerson is a scary prospect.

Thomas just missed the cut! I had plenty of RBs to pick from And if you follow my work, you know I love Daniel Thomas and am higher on him than most. If he keeps it up, he'll find his way on very soon!

Aloysius
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Great writeup, Shane.

Based on how well Ijalana handled Adrian Robinson in their couple of matchups, I have to wonder whether he's got a shot to stick at offensive tackle at the next level. It could end up being a situation like Vlad Ducasse's last year, who got a chance to prove himself at OT at the Senior Bowl.

JRTPlaya21
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Great read Shane! Was definitely quite the surprise for today.

nepg
09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Can we give Ryan Kerrigan the nickname "King (or Prince) of Blades"? Please. My SC2 nerditude is high today.

09-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, Daniel Thomas should be in there. He really does live up to his self-proclaimed billing as the "best RB you've never heard of".

Mr. Goosemahn
09-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I saw Ryan Kerrigan today and wished him good luck tomorrow. I also saw Ken Plue, but he was too far away to say anything.

Great write up Shane. If Kerrigan mantains this level of production during the rest of the season, how high do you guys think he could go? Early second?

Shane P. Hallam
09-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I saw Ryan Kerrigan today and wished him good luck tomorrow. I also saw Ken Plue, but he was too far away to say anything.

Great write up Shane. If Kerrigan mantains this level of production during the rest of the season, how high do you guys think he could go? Early second?

Mid-2nd is probably what I am feeling for Kerrigan if he keeps it up. Some team will fall in love with his production, character, etc.

A Perfect Score
09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Boo, I've been on the Demarco Murray bandwagon all offseason, now everyone is gunna be on it. Eff Ryan Williams, Murray is legit.

Shane P. Hallam
09-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Boo, I've been on the Demarco Murray bandwagon all offseason, now everyone is gunna be on it. Eff Ryan Williams, Murray is legit.

Until Week 5 when he is out for a few weeks ;)

Babylon
09-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Something tells me that if an Aaron Maybin can go 11th it is possible that a Ryan Kerrigan can get into the first round.

Shane P. Hallam
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Something tells me that if an Aaron Maybin can go 11th it is possible that a Ryan Kerrigan can get into the first round.

Not that I loved Maybin, but I'm not sure Kerrigan has as good a first step is him.

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
FYI, Steven Friday is not 225 pounds. He's right around 250.

Play Like A Jet
09-12-2010, 11:57 PM
FYI, Steven Friday is not 225 pounds. He's right around 250.

Friday turns 25 next year, so that could also hurt his stock.

IndyColtScout
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I like Kerrigan a lot. He reminds me of Jared Allen, doubt he will be that good in the NFL but his motor is high rev and non stop.

BamaFalcon59
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Friday turns 25 next year, so that could also hurt his stock.

It may, but it's much more important that he finally got to an acceptable playing weight.

J52
09-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Chekwa did absolutely nothing to warrant those picks. He was in position for the receiver to get a catch and yards after on both of his picks. For the rest of the game, he wans't too impressive either.

Both picks were handed to him on a silver platter when he had already lost his 1vs1 battle with the receiver.

D-Unit
09-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I like the Shiloh Keo mention!