PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady highest-paid player in NFL history

Splat
09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a66cfc/article/report-brady-lands-new-fouryear-deal-from-patriots?module=breaking_news

The New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE)' star quarterback signed a four-year, $72 million contract extension, averaging $18 million per season from 2011 to 2014, league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) quarterback Eli Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/elimanning/profile?id=MAN473170) previously was the league's highest-paid player at $16.25 million annually.

Brady's new deal includes $49 million guaranteed, but in essence, he is protected against injury in every year from the moment he steps on field, per a source.

Don Vito
09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm not complaining, not one bit. The Pats may be stingy when paying guys, but if anyone is getting the big pay day it's Brady. Completely deserved, glad this got done.

Jvig43
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Very much deserved. Now we need to get Moss signed and Mankins out of here and i'm happy.

ViperVisor
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
'Not so fast my friend'

Manning will pass him but I am very happy this non story is dead.

brat316
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Brady's new deal includes $49 million guaranteed, but in essence, he is protected against injury in every year from the moment he steps on field, per a source.

what does that even mean? He can never get injured?

Nalej
09-09-2010, 11:50 PM
That's exactly what that means. He has Wolverine bones now along with his healing factor.
It was put into his contract... no more injury problems... ever... it's awesome

descendency
09-10-2010, 01:28 AM
'Not so fast my friend'

Manning will pass him but I am very happy this non story is dead.

Yea, but when you have the second or third (Brees could pass him too) highest paid player in the NFL, your team isn't cheap.

By signing the contract, they personally guarantee he will never be hurt again. The Offensive Line signed it in blood.

RaiderNation
09-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Really who needs $19m a year?

boknows34
09-10-2010, 01:53 AM
First thing on his shopping list will be a new car.

descendency
09-10-2010, 02:07 AM

I was hoping it would be a trip to the barber.

SenorGato
09-10-2010, 02:19 AM

Everyone.

Congrats to him, the douche.

AntoinCD
09-10-2010, 03:09 AM
I was hoping it would be a trip to the barber.

What?!?!?!?

His flowing locks only make him more pretty. I think im in love

wicket
09-10-2010, 03:13 AM
he still makes less than his girlfriend ;)

Matthew Jones
09-10-2010, 06:22 AM

Basically his salary for the year is guaranteed the second he steps onto the field.

Brent
09-10-2010, 06:25 AM
any man who bangs a chick like this needs... no, earns that kind of money:

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Gisele.Bundchen.Swimsuit.jpg

nepg
09-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I think he finally makes more than her now. I bet that was a huge sticking point in the negotiations....making sure Tom made more than Gisele.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
The car accident must have been because he was rushing to sign this. Seriously, though, is anyone else surprised that the Pats did not try and put this off until he proves he is back to his 2007 form? Is he really worth that much if he is the same player he was last year?

nepg
09-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.

The bar is set pretty high when that's a disappointing season.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 08:25 AM

Its preseason, I don't put any stock into it. I am also not saying it was a down year for him because it wasn't, it was actually his second best season ever. All I am saying is that the Tom Brady from 2007 is worth $19 million a year but the Tom Brady from last season definitely isn't.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-10-2010, 08:33 AM
He was coming back from injury last year right? 2 years removed from that he will be back to normal.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
He was coming back from injury last year right? 2 years removed from that he will be back to normal.

He certainly should be back to his 2007 form but the point I am making is that what if he isn't? Couldn't the Patriots have just as easily waited until midway through the season to see if he before they gave him a new contract?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-10-2010, 08:43 AM
He certainly should be back to his 2007 form but the point I am making is that what if he isn't? Couldn't the Patriots have just as easily waited until midway through the season to see if he before they gave him a new contract?

I guess they are taking a risk but it's future hall of famer Tom Brady. As long as he isn't afraid to jump up in the pocket and lead with his front foot like he was last year I don't see no reason to believe he wont have another beast season.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 09:23 AM
That 90+ K Audi will be replaced gratis, as it was part of an endorsement gig, anyway. Must be nice to make millions every year and not have to actually pay for **** anyway.
Its preseason, I don't put any stock into it. I am also not saying it was a down year for him because it wasn't, it was actually his second best season ever. All I am saying is that the Tom Brady from 2007 is worth $19 million a year but the Tom Brady from last season definitely isn't.
What NFL are you watching? Top QBs make big money. All he does is win games, and that's worth a **** load of money in today's NFL.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 10:03 AM
What NFL are you watching? Top QBs make big money. All he does is win games, and that's worth a **** load of money in today's NFL.

You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?

Smooth Criminal
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Brady is worth every penny. Hell the fact that Eli was the highest paid player before this proves Brady deserves it.

I'm expecting Brady to be fine. Teams don't like doing extensions during the season. It's done, he's happy, and they can focus on the season ahead.

Splat
09-10-2010, 10:13 AM
You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?

4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM

He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????

Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.

Mr.Regular
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Tom Brady is a top 3 QB in the NFL, no doubt. He deserves a huge pay day.
He led his team to Super Bowls back when he didn't even have elite weapons. Then when he got them, he put up ridiculous stats and shattered records. Even after his injury scare, he came back last year and had a fantastic season. He's become a tad overshadowed by Manning's MVP's and Brees' most recent Super Bowl, but he's just as good as those guys. Think him and the Pats will have a monster year.

Shiver
09-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/048/107/original/1268528599247.jpg

Abbadon =

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 12:07 PM
4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...

Because saying he was barely top 10 is the same thing as saying he sucked.

Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.

I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?

descendency
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM

You must not have watched the Patriots, because Brady was definitely a top 10 QB.

FO had him #1 even though I would disagree with that, it was interesting that everyone was all over his balls and yet he still managed to put up very good statistics against very good defenses.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.

I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.

I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?
Exactly what "facts" have you used?

tjsunstein
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Deserved to get paid. 19 mil is a lot of cash though.

tjsunstein
09-10-2010, 01:08 PM

All undeniable facts.

Shiver
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
There is no way Brady was "barely" a top-10 QB last year. That is ignorant. Schedule strength does matter when it comes to raw statistics and the 2009 Patriots had the hardest schedule against pass defenses in the entire decade. Brady still put up 4,300 yards and 28 touchdowns, easy.

J-Mike88
09-10-2010, 01:13 PM
All undeniable facts.
Right, but remember, they always can fall back on the ole "he has 3 rings" thing, even though they were like 6-7 years ago at the most recent.

Shiver
09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 01:18 PM
All undeniable facts.

Wow. Do you realize that every single thing you bolded is opinion, not fact?

Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

(I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

Shiver
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

(I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

Not only that, but they are dead wrong opinions. Oh well.

Nalej
09-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Don't forget, he's taken discounts on his prior contracts... so I look at it as, "I took care of the team, now you take care of me now"
I see no problem with it. Like others have said, P.Manning will have a bigger contract.

-4300 yds 28 TDs against the hardest pass defense of the past decade
-That's on top of returning from an ACL injury.
-Two years removed. He should be even better- especially since the strength of schedule isn't as tough this year (I'm assuming)

J-Mike88
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.

Nalej
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
^^^What's that got to do with anything?
but if you insist, Brady has already proven that he can thrive without an elite WR

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.

NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.

The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.

Ummm where have you been since 2001?

draftguru151
09-10-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Ummm where have you been since 2001?

If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.

Shiver
09-10-2010, 02:07 PM
NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/069/401/original/do_not_wanttmb.jpg

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
If you think 25 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 3600 yards, 62% completion, and a passer rating of about 88 is worth $19 million a year then more power to you.

Of course if you look at nothing but numbers the contract isnt going to look good but if you want a guy that can get it done in the post season then this is a great contract. Oh wait, how many superbowls have those other Qbs won in the last decade?

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Of course if you look at nothing but numbers the contract isnt going to look good but if you want a guy that can get it done in the post season then this is a great contract. Oh wait, how many superbowls have those other Qbs won in the last decade?

Because the last decade is relevant to now in what way? I didn't even say that I would take all of those quarterbacks over Brady, just that they were better last year.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
. . . but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.
All I want is a discussion where opinions are not referred to as facts.

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.
I think so, too. Otherwise tjsunstein's rank on my 'web-cred' big board drops drastically.

J-Mike88
09-10-2010, 02:29 PM
^^^What's that got to do with anything?
but if you insist, Brady has already proven that he can thrive without an elite WR
Thrive? Define thrive, personally for Tom.

I'd like to see his best 3 statistical seasons prior to Randy Moss arriving, and compare them to the top 5 QBs last season. I don't recall even too many 30-TD seasons from Brady other than since Moss got there. And they haven't even had a running game there for ages.

Again, a QB can only do so much. He can't win games by himself.

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Because the last decade is relevant to now in what way? I didn't even say that I would take all of those quarterbacks over Brady, just that they were better last year.

Its relevant because your saying he doesnt deserve a contract that big for lasts years numbers when even though were obviously not just giving him a contract for last year, which is still pretty impressive when you consider his situation WITH the stats. But keep pulling up stats as if being a leader in FF numbers makes any difference with how a Qb actually performs for the season.

Shiver
09-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Tom Brady's 2002-2004 stats may seem like nothing special, but passing offenses have exploded in recent years: 10 Quarterbacks had 4,000 yards in 2009, 5 in 2004, 2 in 2003, 4 in 2002, 2 in 2001.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
All I want is a discussion where opinions are not referred to as facts.

My bad, though I did think it was obvious that Manning, Brees, Favre, Rodgers and Rivers were better than him last year so I stated it as a fact. I think Roethlisberger was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher touchdown percentage, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Schaub was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Romo was better because he had a lower interception percentage, had more yards per game, had more yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent.

Its relevant because your saying he doesnt deserve a contract that big for lasts years numbers when even though were obviously not just giving him a contract for last year, which is still pretty impressive when you consider his situation WITH the stats. But keep pulling up stats as if being a leader in FF numbers makes any difference with how a Qb actually performs for the season.

So they are paying him retroactively? That is a valid reason for the size of the contract from an non-financial standpoint, giving him what you think he deserved before and all that, I guess, but not so much from a fiscal/business prospective which is why I was questioning it.

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
So they are paying him retroactively? That is a valid reason for the size of the contract from an non-financial standpoint, giving him what you think he deserved before and all that, I guess, but not so much from a fiscal/business prospective which is why I was questioning it.

Man maybe you should run the patriots organization then genius since this move just doesnt make any sense. What is Robert Kraft thinking,you seem like your in a much better situation to be running this team what with your buissnes knowledge and all. -end sarcasm, I'm sure something like 28 teams would have paid him the same thing had he been on there team, he put up great numbers last year after a major surgery and is showing no signs of slowing down, espically with the weapons we have on offense. This deal makes perfect sense, you just cant comprehend that because your a troll and think your opinion is fact and that you know more about how to run an NFL organization then the one who is running the best team of the last decade.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Man maybe you should run the patriots organization then genius since this move just doesnt make any sense. What is Robert Kraft thinking,you seem like your in a much better situation to be running this team what with your buissnes knowledge and all. -end sarcasm, I'm sure something like 28 teams would have paid him the same thing had he been on there team, he put up great numbers last year after a major surgery and is showing no signs of slowing down, espically with the weapons we have on offense. This deal makes perfect sense, you just cant comprehend that because your a troll and think your opinion is fact and that you know more about how to run an NFL organization then the one who is running the best team of the last decade.

lol. I am not even saying that they should not of paid him, just that they should have waited. You don't pay someone who was the 6-9th best QB in the league in his most recent season $19 million a year with $48.5 million guaranteed unless you know for a fact that he is back to the level he was at when he was worth that much, which was 3 years ago.

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Thats exactly what you just said, omg dude. Tom Brady outside of 2007 isnt worth the money so no, you are not just saying they should have waited. Troll fail.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Thats exactly what you just said, omg dude. Tom Brady outside of 2007 isnt worth the money so no, you are not just saying they should have waited. Troll fail.

But he was in 2007 so, back to my original point, they should have waited to see if he was back to 2007 form. Look at my first post in this topic instead of my rebuttals to others.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
My bad, though I did think it was obvious that Manning, Brees, Favre, Rodgers and Rivers were better than him last year so I stated it as a fact. I think Roethlisberger was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher touchdown percentage, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Schaub was better because he averaged more yards per game, had a higher completion percentage, had a higher yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent. I think Romo was better because he had a lower interception percentage, had more yards per game, had more yards per attempt, had a higher passer rating, and was more consistent.

I see the argument that a few more guys were better than Brady last year, but it was an injury return year. He is a top 3 QB (though Rodgers & Rivers have to be considered @ 3 instead) and will continue to perform as a top 5 QB. He's worthy of that money (as much as anyone can actually be "worthy" of such an insane sum of $$$ per year) for who is is, was, and (presumably) will continue to be. He's a stud QB.

I assume the Coaches / FO are satisfied with what they've seen since Brady's return last season and through this off-season. Especially since the guy is a class act and would have continued to play all season w/no new deal in place.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
But he was in 2007 so, back to my original point, they should have waited to see if he was back to 2007 form. Look at my first post in this topic instead of my rebuttals to others.

It's a really thin argument to try and say the guy should only be paid as a top QB if he plays at a record setting level every year. That's taking it way too far, but to each their own.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
It's a really thin argument to try and say the guy should only be paid as a top QB if he plays at a record setting level every year. That's taking it way too far, but to each their own.

You are right. I should have said if he is close to his 2007 form.

descendency
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM

I guess Peyton Manning should only be paid 15 million a year because he has never thrown 50 TDs and only 8 INTs.

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I guess Peyton Manning should only be paid 15 million a year because he has never thrown 50 TDs and only 8 INTs.

Seriously, or won three suerbowls. No Qb should be making more then 10 mill a year.

abaddon41_80
09-10-2010, 03:47 PM
No Qb should be making more then 10 mill a year.

I agree. No player should make that much money, but that is a different subject entirely. But my point seems to go over your head so I guess there is no reason for me to discuss it any further.

Nalej
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm on the other side of that fence. I think the players deserve what they get paid.
The NFL is a billion dollar industry. They get paid millions.

Another subject though.

I'm glad Brady's deal got done so they can focus on Moss and Mankins

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
If you have a guy that has proven he can be a dominant QB, you pay him whatever he wants. Period.

P-L
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Brady deserves this. He's taken a huge discount for years. Now it's time for him to make his money.

J-Mike88
09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Tom Brady's 2002-2004 stats may seem like nothing special, but passing offenses have exploded in recent years.
What do you mean in recent years? Some guys in the 90's, and 80's make his stats look ordinary.

I ******* **** Favre now, but Brady's 2002-2004 stats ARE nothing special compared to Favre's stats of a decade before passing offenses "exploded".

Favre averaged about 35 TDs a year back in the mid 90's when he won 3 straight MVPs. And of course even last year, at age 40, Favre still outdid Brady. And it was the old guy's first year on a new team, with no Randy Moss to throw to. I mean Sidney Rice was a bust til last year. Harvin wasn't even considered a real WR coming into the league last year. Shiancoe was a scrap heap grab from the Giants.

To be honest, and factual, Tom Brady has only surpassed 28 TDs in a season one time in his life. That's no better than the youngster Phillip Rivers. Or Aaron Rodgers thru just two seasons playing. Rodgers low was 28.

Steve Young also had two 35+ TD seasons in the 1990's, before passing offenses exploded recently.

A decade earlier than that, Dan Marino, and even Warren Moon's stats were special.

And if TD's don't mean that much to you, even his passing rating is nothing special. He's only gone over 96 one year in his career. Rivers has back-to-back seasons over 104.
Kurt Warner, who started his career before offenses recently exploded, put up 3 seasons of 30+ TDs in his career, and 4 seasons of over 96 passing rating.

Look, the Super Bowl is the ultimate team accomplishment in sports. We all know that. Brady came thru in those games pretty well in the clutch, and was saved by the kicker and the defense a bunch of times. (And the ref in the 2001-2002 season with the Tuckgate).

But judging complete bodies of work, Brady has been a very good QB, not great. That many stats, that many seasons, comparing to all those other guys, don't lie that much.

Again, as a Packer fan, I would rather have 3 Super Bowl titles in the next 4 years than individual dominance from Rodgers and no rings.

But acting like Brady was the reason they won those games, though, is irresponsible and negligent. Also unfair to some pretty good defenses, and a clutch placekicker who finished the games on the right foot instead of Norwood foot.

By the way, Brady does deserve a huge contract sure. But not more than Manning. Manning should, and will, surpass him. Soon.

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 04:37 PM
All of the guys you mentioned, at their peak, are some of the greatest QBs of all time, and better than Rodgers and arguably better than Brady.

Dan Marino, Favre, Warren Moon, and Steve Young all putting up better statistical seasons at their peak is no knock.

21ST
09-10-2010, 05:13 PM
# NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
# Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
# 3 Super Bowl victories
# 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
# Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
# Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
# Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[

How can you deny this???

J-Mike88
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
# NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
# Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
# 3 Super Bowl victories
# 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
# Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[

How can you deny this???
Who's denying those. They are facts, as the other facts I posted are. How can you deny those?

Most of yours there are Super Bowl notes. So from 2001-2004, you think he should have been the highest paid player? New England hasn't won a Super Bowl in awhile. And they won't anytime soon again. Again, no knock on Brady.

Their teams in the early 00's were great, so he won Super Bowls. The last 5 years, they weren't great, except the 2007 Super Bowl losing team, in which he was shut down like no other game during that season.

Brent
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I cant say I like stats like these. Hell, Jim Kelly went to the Super Bowl 4 times in a row and lost. super bowl stats seem overrated.

TitanHope
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Tom Brady is a better and more beautiful model than Gisele BŁndchen.

Never cut your hair, Tom. Never...

(PS. Good for him. He's worth it. Peyton will get paid too...by someone other than the Colts. *crosses fingers*)

Jvig43
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Who's denying those. They are facts, as the other facts I posted are. How can you deny those?

Most of yours there are Super Bowl notes. So from 2001-2004, you think he should have been the highest paid player? New England hasn't won a Super Bowl in awhile. And they won't anytime soon again. Again, no knock on Brady.

Their teams in the early 00's were great, so he won Super Bowls. The last 5 years, they weren't great, except the 2007 Super Bowl losing team, in which he was shut down like no other game during that season.

Damn we might as well sit these next few seasons out pats fans. The mighty green bay packers need to be crowned SB champs right now.

21ST
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I cant say I like stats like these. Hell, Jim Kelly went to the Super Bowl 4 times in a row and lost. super bowl stats seem overrated.

ok so what about the 12-0 record?

Shiver
09-11-2010, 11:04 PM

The great thing about Brady is he has done both. He did what he could with the mediocre assortment of castoffs he had to work with in 2001-2006. He did really well actually, but his stats weren't "great." Then when he had the same weapons as Peyton he showed he could be just as deadly.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Tom Brady is a better and more beautiful model than Gisele BŁndchen.

Never cut your hair, Tom. Never...

(PS. Good for him. He's worth it. Peyton will get paid too...by someone other than the Colts. *crosses fingers*)

Wish granted: He signs with the Jaguars.