PDA

View Full Version : College Players Selling Jerseys

shylo3716
09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Why is it such a big deal that A.J. Green sold HIS jersey for cash? After all it's his he should be able to do whatever he wants with it. What if Reggie Bush decides to sell his Heisman trophy, before they can possibly take it away from him, are they going to make him pay for it?

Babylon
09-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Why not sell a 200.00 jersey to an agent for 100,000 dollars, it's probably not illegal to do that but opens a whole can of worms i would think. Just as you can legally sell tickets to a ballgame for face value or less i could see that being something the NCAA would consider ok.

BeerBaron
09-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Why not sell a 200.00 jersey to an agent for 100,000 dollars, it's probably not illegal to do that but opens a whole can of worms i would think. Just as you can legally sell tickets to a ballgame for face value or less i could see that being something the NCAA would consider ok.

You can never be too careful when dealing with the NCAA though...bunch of crotchety old men who are terrified of change. You know in 300 when Leonidas goes up the mountain to consult the oracle? Those guys are what I picture the NCAA official being like.

Babylon
09-10-2010, 04:56 PM
You can never be too careful when dealing with the NCAA though...bunch of crotchety old men who are terrified of change. You know in 300 when Leonidas goes up the mountain to consult the oracle? Those guys are what I picture the NCAA official being like.

I new when i typed that it came out wrong, probably should have said it would be something they should consider, we know better.